Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 2:08pm

Well done Guy Smiley. Indo can't back up his bullshit so just tries to change the subject.
Indo, besides the Franklin, which other rivers did the Green lobby stop from being dammed for hydro power?
Which ABC broadcasters and reports are bias?
Time to back your shit opinions up with examples.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 2:15pm

What the hell is going on over there (USA)?
It's called a civil war. There's two sides. Anti Trump folk who believe in the traditional US values of life, liberty, and opportunity for all, and people who want to keep their privileged economic position.
It's the inevitable result when criminal injustices are ignored and peaceful protestors like Colin Kaepernick are demonised. And on the other side you have heavily armed, racist, libertarian arseholes who don't want to share their toys. Things are going to get very ugly in the USA over the next year. Covid 19, racial injustices, a mad bastard president who thrives on conflict, and an election in November. What a fucking shambles.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 2:16pm

And I forgot to mention a criminally-irresponsible Fox News pumping out seriously dangerous rhetoric and conspiracy theories 24/7.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 2:59pm

@Guy And Vic

I provided a media web check website link above that even found the ABC as left leaning.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/abc-news-australia/

here is another https://www.allsides.com/news-source/abc-news-media-bias

It's ridiculous to even try too suggest they are not, the question is more to what degree.

I mean seriously for gods' sake even Ita Buttrose has admitted possible issues of bias

"The ABC’s newly appointed chair Ita Buttrose raised eyebrows yesterday after telling ABC Radio that the organisation “might be biased” in its reporting, during a discussion about the election and the looming $84 million funding cut expected to hit the broadcaster.

Buttrose said some staff could be unconsciously showing bias and that the broadcaster, which has survived every inquiry thrown its way, “could do with more diversity of views”.

https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/05/30/tips-ita-buttrose-abc/

Like i said some presenters and programs are quite good in providing balance, some not, i gave examples for radio and TV of areas where there is balance and others where there is bias."

I provided a study supporting bias along political lines, but off course it's not what you want to hear, so it's not credible.

I also pointed out above how ABC even got banned from the Nauru pacific island forum because of its misleading reporting on Nauru including blatant lies.

Almost everyday you can find bias, i do not keep a note book noting every incident and im sure any small examples i point out you will call trivial but thats not the point they all add up and its a public funded media outlet that should represent us all.

Just a few quick examples off the top of my head.

Australia day Triple J got political and changed the hottest one hundred to another day, I even recall John Fane saying we should change the date now and get it done because its going to happen one day anyway, a ridiculous statement seeing numerous surveys/polls done have shown about 70% of Aussies don't support a date change.

Same sex marriage debate, they were completely non neutral and pro same sex marriage.

Refugees housed offshore ABC has possible been the worst and misleading in the media, i honestly dont know how they even get away with some it from a legal point of view, one 4 Corners episode a few years ago really stands out, it was absolutely terrible was virtually just all refugee advocates and their propaganda.

The worst thing was they used footage that was quite a few years old and wasn't even of the current facilities both accomodation and medical, ACA apparently offered to allow them to use more recent footage of the new faculties but they declined, obviously because it did not suit the narrative they wanted off course their excuse is they weren't allowed access. (good reason for that)

ABC fact check has been reported as being extremely misleading quite a few times, by numerous sources, and its suppose to be a fact check?.

And no i dont feel the need to go spending my time to reply to every question asked of me or go off on ever tangent, just like you or others, and no if i do not answer a question it does not mean, i have been proven wrong, in regard to the dam topic it wasn't a focus of the discussion at the time. im certain it's one we have covered before, but a quick search i couldn't find the discussion.

In all honestly i also know talking about dams is likely to bring up the conversation of private dams, water use, water rights, probably Adani hater's like you who have no clue about how their water rights work, and turn into pages of a topic i have little interest in.

And yes i do have shit i should be doing right now, but easily distracted.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 2:53pm

coming to a suburb near you.....if you live in the usa

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 3:22pm

Double dipping on the bastardry ....the bar of expectation for Oz politics gets lower by the minute.

https://mobile.twitter.com/notowelfarecard/status/1266709807316303872

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 3:52pm

Oh my Indo-Dreaming this is getting so embarrassing for you.
Did you even read your link proving the ABC was bias?
Here it is again.
https://www.allsides.com/news-source/abc-news-media-bias
Go on click it. I think you'll find that's ABC as in American Broadcasting Company. Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Now what's the name of that river which the Green Lobby stopped a hydro dam on? you can't name one. Just admit it Indo-dreamin, you lied when you said the green lobby stopped multiple dams for hydro power in Australia.
Congrats blowin. You're no longer the most embarrassing person on this forum. Indo-dreaming has that title for now.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 4:11pm

Ha ha ok one fuck up there and yes a little embarrassing :D

All other links and points remain

Obviously just trying to add as much points as i can because you guys just ignore and ignore.

Yeah no bias at the ABC?

I mean seriously FFS put down the crack pipe.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 4:18pm

No, it's two fuckups unless you can name that river the Green Lobby stopped a dam for hydro power (other than the Franklin). Still waiting on that one big fella.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 4:38pm

"All other links and points remain"
You didn't read the Crickey one either did you Indo-dreaming. It doesn't prove the ABC is biased at all. Go re-read it.
https://www.crikey.com.au/2019/05/30/tips-ita-buttrose-abc/
That's three fuckups.
"I also pointed out above how ABC even got banned from the Nauru pacific island forum because of its misleading reporting on Nauru including blatant lies."
Do you want to give us an example of the ABC's "blatant lies"?
If you can't, that's four fuckups.
Seriously, I could go on for ever but I think people have worked out that just because Info-Dreaming says something doesn't make it true.
Back up your opinions with examples Indo Dreaming. Real ones, that prove your point.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 4:45pm

As expected full of rhetoric and no detail is our resident resurcher. No substance all stooge.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:13pm

Indo, I thought you wanted to drop it?

Right, so I see you mentioned JJJ changing the date of the hottest 100. You do realise that they did this via polling their listeners. They asked their listeners, this is the best way to do this - this takes the politics out of it. Faced by pressure from both sides to politicise something they really don't want politicised, they chose to put it to their listeners.

The study that you think demonstrates ABC bias does nothing of the sort - the guy who wrote the thing said to use his figures in the way that they were used is not correct and that error is more substantial than the supposed conclusions made by that IPA guy.

If you actually read the ABC Fact check piece you would see that they spoke to the guy who did the study that was referenced - they even loaded the study itself into the page.

You, like the IPA guy have misrepresented his study to push your political views. You are both factually incorrect.

Again Indo, the ABC is one of the most trusted media source in Australia. The problem lies with you.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:23pm

Ha ha whatever, IMHO you are just trolling now and trying to waste my time.

I mean you have a fact check website saying left leaning, you have ABC chairman Ita buttrose questioning possible bias, you have various real life examples.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:24pm

Indo I have no doubt you're a nice guy but just leave the politics alone, you're not at all up to speed.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:27pm

"Again Indo, the ABC is one of the most trusted media source in Australia. The problem lies with you."

No the problem lies with the fact the ABC is tax payer funded but doesn't represent both sides of social and political divide, its not just me who thinks this, it's a popular view.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:29pm

It's not just you Indo, you've got the guys at the IPA, Andrew Bolt, various other far right Murdoch media commentators.

In fact, it's such a wide spread issue - AGAIN - that the ABC is the most trusted media source.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:31pm

Also, I've never claimed the ABC is free from bias - no one is. Every news organisation is staffed by humans, there will always be bias.

I argue that the bias is no where near as bad as claimed and that those who do claim it have an agenda to do so.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:40pm

Okay thank you we have got somewhere, glad you agree.

As i said earlier the discussion should not be about if the ABC is bias as we know it is, but to what extent.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:41pm

"Indo I have no doubt you're a nice guy but just leave the politics alone, you're not at all up to speed."

ha ha nice a cliche patronising put down, to try to shut my views up.

Sorry not going to work.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:47pm

Indo, do you agree that the IPA guy who you mentioned did in fact misrepresent the paper that he used to justify his claims?

The ABC fact check page is actually pretty good - you don't have to read their conclusion if you don't wanna, just scroll down bout half way. They've spoken to various experts including the guy who did the original paper.

Genuinely, the IPA gentleman has misrepresented this paper.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:47pm

Nah mate, keep commenting for sure but at least do some homework that's not a joke.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 5:50pm

You really have to laugh at the nativity here, it’s not the ABC’s job to “represent” anything, body or ism. It’s their job to accurately report on the issues and news of the day. As the LNP have been loosely and incompetently in government for close on 7 years it’s the ABC’s job to hold them to account. That isn’t bias it’s doing the job required.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 6:05pm

Laugh if you must but I find it touching.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 6:07pm

Heaps of nativity scenes here on Swellnet!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 6:15pm

Hahahahaha, thanks guys, yet another gem, I’m blaming spell check, hahaha.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 6:21pm

Guysmiley, you have the wisdom of three men.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 6:49pm

"We'll keep the gold and frankincense but you can stuff the myrrh".

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 7:06pm

"I told you, I don't know which one of you is the father so bugger off will yas."

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 7:06pm

"Except you with the gold, you're my ticket out of this draughty manger"

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 10:12pm

Cut it you commies you wouldn’t dare talk about any other religion like that, especially Islam, no just get stuck into Christianity again, mumble mumble Scomo mumble Andrew Bolt ....

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 10:32pm

Mike Carlton telling it like it is...

mikecarlton

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 10:38pm

jesus fucking allah! Better pray to Harry Potter to save us from mohammed on a donkey's dick if Guy is right.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 10:39pm

Kinky Moses in bed with Kali, I better post something here to push the f bomb post above off the front page.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 31 May 2020 at 10:52pm

Exactly Westie, that should be the main narrative everday.
(Regardless of who is in power)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:14am

Antifa having their Charlotteville moment ( to the power of 1000000 ) across the US right now. Will Antifa be classified as a terrorist organisation ?

https://twitter.com/dbongino/status/1267139956096610305?s=20

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:23am

Dunno that Charlotteville is a wise incident to cite.

That was an out and out racist march. Why target the opposition to it?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:40am

I just mean it was the point that the extreme side of a political movement took a steaming shit on the social licence to operate granted to them by tolerant society.

Antifa burning , looting and rioting, under cover of solidarity with black Americans, in an attempt to destabilise the USA has pushed the movement towards the emphatic rejection they deserve from the community.

If only the MSM would hold them accountable ! Alas , the destabilising of the US is a small price to pay for those suffering Trump Derangement Syndrome. They would rather see insurgents burning communities, attacking innocents and pushing a nation to the brink of civil war than see Trump in the White House.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:45am

"I just mean it was the point that the extreme side of a political movement took a steaming shit on the social licence to operate granted to them by tolerant society."

Yet protestors were allowed to march with Nazi flags, KKK insignia, making signs recalling the worst of Amerieca's violent, racist past?

You don't see people taking steaming shits on a tolerant society there..?

You're off your head if you think the current riots are all white insurgents fault.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:56am

Huh ?

I’m saying the Charlottesville White supremacists were rounded on by society and rightly so.....now it’s Antifa’s turn. Antifa are the leftist equivalent of White supremacists. Both are unacceptably extreme in their beliefs and actions.

Of course the protests weren’t started by Antifa.

Antifa has taken advantage of the situation to perform their skinny jean , pasty fucktard revolution. Unfortunately it’s the regular people who are the victims as these nerds decide to commit riotous acts and violent assaults. This alone would be treasonous, but they are actually increasing racial disharmony by falsely aligning their movement with the tragedy of discrimination against African Americans. Every violent assault on an innocent person , every burning library , every looted shop removes a little bit of public empathy with the legitimate protest by African Americans. To have Antifa premeditate as many of these actions as they can under cover of sympathy with the Black protest is harmful to that black protest.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:56am

I truly don't get what you mean.

And Trump Derangement Syndrome?

Trump backed the racists at Charlotte, called them "good people".

On Friday he recalled a quote from a low moment in America's Civil Rights movement.

People opposing, not only his patent inability to lead, but how he actively sows the seeds of hate, are deranged?

I truly don't get the thought process...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 8:58am

"Every violent assault on an innocent person , every burning library , every looted shop removes a little bit of public empathy with the legitimate protest by African Americans."

How do you know every act is by white Antifa? I don't doubt some is, and I dont condone it at all, but every one of them?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 9:08am

On point...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 9:41am

Every act isn’t committed by Antifa.....obviously.

But every act committed by Antifa is an unnecessary addition to the burden that reckless violence is having on the cause of the black movement.

BYW.....that Beteoota advocate thing . What’s with the false equivalence ? Are those few gun toting weirdos meant to be representative of everyone who opposes the Antifa shit stirring nerds ?

Look , I just have no time for pasty fucks with covered faces committing violent, anti social acts under cover of legitimate protest.

Are you down with the Antifa clowns attacking people in mobs or burning buildings ? I’m not sure if you realise , but burnt neighbourhoods are burnt neighbourhoods whether it was bushfire or skinny jean arsonists causing the destruction. It is heartbreaking.

Then compound this with being afraid to walk the streets cause there’s mobs of violent fuvkwits who will beat down ordinary civilians in the name of “ liberating “ society, the resultant oppressive police presence that follows their actions....

Fuck that.

Imagine the Newtown / Redfern Antifa mob coming down Thirroul and setting fire to the town under guise of false First Nations solidarity . Would you be posting satirical memes if your family was threatened by these anarchistic morons ?

PS....just noticed that you said you don’t condone it. Apologies.

I just can’t stand the idea of these fuckwits causing all this angst and harm with the intention that Trump will be blamed and then seeing their ruse supported by the MSM . I don’t believe that the situation is unfolding organically. It’s partisan political activism that has nothing whatsoever to do with the plight of African Americans.

African American employment was the highest its been in decades under Trump . Trump isn’t the enemy of Black Americans. Trump is the enemy of the fake left . The fake left is appropriating historical racial disadvantage suffered by African Americans to spread violence and hatred. Ironically....they are increasing racial disharmony.

They are a terrorist organisation.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 9:50am

Scomo set to pay for home renovations.

If I don’t get a piece of that action there’s going to be blood.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 9:58am

No, the BA meme is exactly what it is. Nothing to do with Antifa. Just satirising people who think the riots are unwarranted, yet would take assault rifles into parliament.

I dunno, at their heart these riots speak of decades of oppression, but they're also getting used now by all manner of groups to air their grievances, none of which arise out of a vacuum. Lot of people in America have reason to be angry.

The situation has moved beyond black vs white, and for mine we're seeing a brutal manifestation of the society America has fostered with their deeply individual culture. 

"It's the language of the unheard," and various groups are sensing the opportunity to be heard, or to exploit it - such as OTT tactics by police and agent provocateurs. The result is mayhem.

Pointing the finger at one group seems a bit ridiculous.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 10:17am

(yawn) Stayed up to watch the Dragon dock with the International Space Station - first manned landing of this craft - such incredible highs and lows all at the same time...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 10:20am

Here goes trying very hard not to make another faux pas today.

An opinion article by Tom Switzer not known for his criticism of Trump / Nth America.

https://www.theage.com.au/world/north-america/trump-fans-flames-of-resen...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 10:27am

“Former defence secretary and CIA director Robert Gates once remarked that the "greatest national security threat" to the US "is the two square miles that encompasses the Capitol Building and the White House".”

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 10:49am

On a hopeful note, there's been police squads, in uniform, taking the knee and marching with protesters.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 1 Jun 2020 at 10:41am

That's it Andy!