Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:20am

geez the political opportunists are out in force...

the whole SN labor cheer squad, ...and macron... having a field day... on macron's elongated hissy fit...

still...

seems macron may have overstepped the mark actually...

(scotty too)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:12am

not cunnie's little prolific splurge will age well...

but not to worry... she'll just jump straight on the next (obvious) opportunism bandwagon...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:14am
synchrodogcal wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

I don't accept the premise of your assertion... .·´¯`(>▂<)´¯`·.

how he gets away with this, every. single. time.

entire press gallery should just hand back their credentials & hang their heads in shame

yes this!!

now there's a real problem...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:15am
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Andy - you are so funny . I do not set the ALP high standards at all . I know their standards from years of seeing them operate at both the State and Federal level .

I don't know any details of Robbs job . Good though that he might keep the Chinese , who have the lease , honest . I do know that both sides give "jobs for the boys and girls ".

Look at all the ALP former leaders who run Australia's largest superfund's eg Brack . Costello running the Future Fund .

Sorry that you thought I was trying to change the narrative . I do realise that your type will NEVER let that happen so I don't try to try .

Just thought it funny that you admitted you believe the truth from a confirmed liar with no cred . I didn't think it strange at all though .

Your type.... ???
Playing the man not the ball.....
See ya mate....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:27am

all that...

and nothing changes, ...that labor are still unvoteable...

ie. unelectable

in (yet) another unloseable election!

sad times

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 11:28am

Why unvoteable? Anything is better than what is currently in charge. Even a potato would run the country better

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm

im not so sure about that gland...

labor are totally unvoteable, they were shit with shorten, ...like really shit... and somehow, against all probabilities... they've only gotten shitter...

that doesn't mean I'd vote liberals... but somehow, against all probabilities... Id feel dirtier voting alp...

they need to step up

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:18pm

....their eight year election campaign of hoping liberals will self destruct just don't cut it...

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:21pm
sypkan wrote:

....their eight year election campaign of hoping liberals will self destruct just don't cut it...

Idiotic sentence. What they took to the last election was more ambitious than any Oz govt in 25 years. A last ditch effort of wealth redistribution before the full flush of neolib inequality gets entrenched.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm

whilst I find morrison most unpalateable...

I think 'the left' generally, need to realise the voting population don't find the left's opposition remotely as abhorent as they do...

we've seen it with trump, all 'the left' offered was 'trump is ugly man'...

they got 'their guy' in, ...but...

same MO, through alp and media has been happening here, ...for a loooong time now....

they have a point, ...but...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:30pm

maybe... just maybe... 'the left' need to consider why so many people (like me) find them basically unvoteable...

they have actually... through god knows how many assessments and focus groups or whatever... just seems they are incapable of acting upon their findings...

for whatever reason

(too far gone?)

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:36pm

ALP leadership has been a bit wanting, they really need someone to stand up and show a bit more fight. Penny Wong seems to be making more noise than anyone else, hardly ever hear from the leader (is it still Albanese?) Wondering if it's because the media ignores him, or if he's just not doing or saying anything

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm

"Idiotic sentence. What they took to the last election was more ambitious than any Oz govt in 25 years. A last ditch effort of wealth redistribution before the full flush of neolib inequality gets entrenched."

we've been over this stunet, and sorry... I still disagree...

yeh, it had some ambition... but it was half baked and void of sunlight, while shorten bunkered down invisible hoping for an lnp self destruction...

then when their policies were revealed... (exposed) ...they couldn't defend them...

they couldn't sell them

through lack of practice, through some policies clearly not stacking up to scrutiny...

and them thinking they had the election in the bag...

...and now a new election is eminant...

and what do we know of labor's policies?

what will they be taking to the next election?

aside from a flutter with... 'oh coal isn't so bad after all...'

(only to be totally neutralised by scotty from marketings hollow capitulation...) ....totally neutralised....

no one has a clue what they will bring to the next election, which is only months away...

albo bunkered down harder than shorto?

still beavering away?

whatever they are doing, a sniff of policy or agenda, or at least an idea of what they stand for this week would be normal...

but not in contemporary politics

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:38pm

"ALP leadership has been a bit wanting"

geez you're polite...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:40pm

Outright lies from Morrison and Palmer were the deciding factor, the COALition are always ready with a fear campaign. Wonder what we will get this time that could be worse than four more years of incompetence, unethical behaviour and disastrous diplomacy?

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:42pm

To be fair on Labor, they learned a hard lesson in 2019 and dumped most of those policies that lost them the election.

Albo is even featuring in the Australian quite regularly and has last week made a pitch to the 'aspirationals', accepting wealth generation, rejecting class war politics, promising they will not introduce any carbon pricing, and all while blaming China on deteriorating relationships. He even didn't exclude increasing a defense budget (currently a 2% of GDP bipartisan agreement).

Full article on https://www.theaustralian.com.au/nation/politics/labors-election-bid-to-...

The text below as it's behind the paywall.

Labor’s election bid to woo back aspirationals
Mistakes won’t be repeated … Anthony Albanese at Parliament House in Canberra this week. Picture: Jamila Toderas
Mistakes won’t be repeated … Anthony Albanese at Parliament House in Canberra this week. Picture: Jamila Toderas
EXCLUSIVE
SIMON BENSON
POLITICAL EDITOR

9:00PM OCTOBER 29, 2021
509 COMMENTS
Anthony Albanese has made his pitch to middle Australia, ­declaring that Labor would go to the election on a platform of ­creating wealth, appealing to aspirational voters and rejecting the old class-war politics of economic redistribution.

The Opposition Leader has also pledged that there would not be a carbon price imposed to achieve Labor climate change ambitions nor would there be a tax or levy like the Coalition’s previous debt and deficit levy to address the fiscal challenges incurred by the nation’s economic response to the pandemic.

Mr Albanese also blamed ­Beijing for the breakdown of the relationship between Australia and China, did not rule out lifting defence spending in response to the changed strategic imperatives, and vowed to reform the federation.

READ NEXT
Outlining the pillars upon which Labor’s election platform will be built, Mr Albanese said his agenda would seek to cast off ­perceptions from the last election that the party was anti-­aspirational.

“There was a perception of some of our policies at the last election that allowed us to be an easy target for not supporting aspiration,” Mr Albanese said in an interview with The Weekend Australian.

“I want to be about creating wealth, not just about economic redistribution. We want small businesses to be successful.”

READ MORE:Labor targets middle class in pre-poll pitch|Chalmers sets just the right tone|For Albanese, climate has changed to put up or shut up|Albanese gets blue collar warning|After Glasgow, climate pain will zero in on Albanese
Mr Albanese revealed that Labor’s election pitch would be built around three themes that he had taken to the caucus in recent weeks: “a better life for working families, more secure work and a future made in Australia”.

Childcare, aged care and social housing would underpin the social agenda, while locally built, trains, trams, buses, and renewables and electrical vehicle components would drive a new local manufacturing base supported though a “buy Australia” policy for government procurement.

“All of it is: how do we make people’s lives better coming out of Covid. By strengthening the economy by giving people opportunities to be lifted up,” he said.

The Labor leader – having told his MPs to prepare for an election as early as December, despite Scott Morrison’s insistence that the government would run its full term – ruled out a carbon price to achieve the party’s 2030 emissions reduction targets, which it is expected to reveal within weeks.

“There will be no price on ­carbon,” he said. “There is no need to do it. In 2007 what you needed to do was intervene to ­adjust price because renewables weren’t the cheapest form. Now what we are seeing from this government is a price for carbon, intervening to use taxpayers’ money for the gas plan, for example.

“Now the cheapest form of new energy is renewables. So, you don’t need a price mechanism.”

“At the next election you will have two political parties both with a position of net zero but with us having a genuine commitment to it. Ours will be legislated.”

Mr Albanese moved to head off the Coalition’s attempts to frame Labor as being weak on national security and defence, with both ­issues likely to be strong campaign themes for the government.

In the strongest language so far from the Opposition Leader on the diplomatic rift with China, Mr Albanese blamed Beijing for the breakdown in the relationship with Australia.

“China needs to change … China is responsible for the ­breakdown in the relationship and, as I’ve said, the relationship is a difficult one because the ­relationship in the region is difficult,” Mr Albanese said, prior to the departure of Chinese ambassador Cheng Jingye from Canberra this week.

“China has changed its ­position. I support the Biden administration’s position effectively, on competition without catastrophe. That means strong ­diplomacy as well and engagement.

“I’ve said the relationship will remain difficult because we are in an era of strategic competition.

“Where we have been critical is that there would appear to be no relationship at all between Australian government minsters and their ministers.”

Mr Albanese repeated his calls for former prime ministers John Howard and Kevin Rudd to be used in efforts to bring about a diplomatic peace.

“I wrote to (Scott) Morrison suggesting that, and it has been rejected,” he said.

“One of the things I’ve said is climate change would be one of the things that would be ­important in the alliance, that would be important in terms of the region and diplomacy in the ­region.

“And that’s one of the reasons why we need to take climate change seriously.”

Mr Albanese left the door open to a Labor government lifting ­defence spending above 2 per cent of GDP if needed based on the military hardware acquisitions envisaged under the AUKUS deal signed by Australia, the US and the UK last month.

“We have made a bipartisan commitment to 2 per cent, but we won’t waste money either,” Mr Albanese said.

“What has this government got to show after telling us weeks ­before the announcement of AUKUS, that the submarine program was all on budget, on time, and was all OK?”

Asked if Labor would go beyond the 2 per cent as flagged by the government as being likely, Mr Albanese said: “We will invest what is necessary to keep Australia safe.”

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:44pm

The LNP fear and lies campaign has been up and running on these forums too, seems to be building towards the upcoming election

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:45pm

@sykpan,

Kudos for maintaining this pretense of partisanship, it really has been a long stretch of time, but the ongoing absence of nuance or insight makes it painfully clear you're on your own road to Damascus. Read: conversion to conservatism.

You're anonymous, no-one particularly cares. Just own it.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:48pm
sypkan wrote:

"ALP leadership has been a bit wanting"

geez you're polite...

I'd vote for the thing that got stuck in my crapper this morning ahead of Scumo. At least the turd doesn't stink as bad as Morrison, won't lie to me, won't piss away billions of tax dollars on rorts, and won't leak private text messages from world leaders.
Vote 1. Shitty Mc Shitface. He's better than Scumo.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:54pm

Thanks for posting Flollo

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 12:57pm

"@sykpan,

Kudos for maintaining this pretense of partisanship, it really has been a long stretch of time, but the ongoing absence of nuance or insight makes it painfully clear you're on your own road to Damascus. Read: conversion to conservatism.

You're anonymous, no-one particularly cares. Just own it."

but I ain't voting conservative!

that kinda kills that theory

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:02pm

I'll vote for the party that will implement a local manufacturing-based recovery for covid, rather than the party that wants a 'gas powered recovery'

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:04pm

@flollo

Thanks for the cut and paste

Shit that's a bit of a worry basically Lib lite, i was hoping that they pushed hard again further left rather then moving to the centre.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:05pm

@sykpan,

In 2016, very few Americans said they were voting conservative either, but Michael Moore knew what happened in the privacy of a voting booth.

You've spent years tearing apart a shadow party while remaining wholly silent on the inept regime in power.

$40bn given to profitable businesses while public systems fail?

That shit is unforgivable. Like, RWNJs still bemoan Whitlam and his profligate spending, yet look at his legacy. He made our country robust, fair, and shifted us into the modern age. LNP spending is orders of magnitude greater and it's a selfish free-for-all.

And that's just one example from a near weekly serving.

But yeah, Shorten ate a sausage sanga the wrong way...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:13pm

Federal ICAC.....

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/the-case-for-a-federal-icac/

As Don Chipp use to say "keep the bastards honest.'

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:26pm
stunet wrote:

@sykpan,

In 2016, very few Americans said they were voting conservative either, but Michael Moore knew what happened in the privacy of a voting booth.

You've spent years tearing apart a shadow party while remaining wholly silent on the inept regime in power.

That shit is unforgivable. Like, RWNJs still bemoan Whitlam and his profligate spending, yet look at his legacy. He made our country robust, fair, and shifted us into the modern age. LNP spending is orders of magnitude greater and it's a selfish free-for-all.

sorry, you are wrong

Ive said several times that morrison is possibly the most corrupt government ever

Ive also said trump scared the shit out of me

sorry again, but you partisans are so sensitive, you get caught up on all the criticisms and somehow see it as support for the other side

I used to get all defensive too, until I gave up on 'my side'...

(they actually gave up on me first....)

Im just non partisan now, about as non partisan as one can get

which is the people labor need to convince...

not the choir on here

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:28pm

and I gotta say, it's incredibly liberating being non partisan

amazing sense of freedom from the confines of groupthink

Roker's picture
Roker's picture
Roker Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:30pm
stunet wrote:

@sykpan,

Noel forgot sanitation... but anyway, our greatest orator on our other great orator.

"It wasn't the big reforms to health or education or China; it was the fact that he (Whitlam) put sewerage into western Sydney, in the western suburbs of places like Melbourne... they're the practical things he did that changed the way we live."

'in 1972, 17.2% of the Australian population were not connected to sewerage... The program was abolished in 1977 by the incumbent Fraser Government.[9][10] Consequently, many communities struggled to connect to sewerage for decades afterwards.'

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:31pm

The reason Albo hasn’t been around , is that it’s coming on summer and the little Aussie battler has been busy mowing the lawns of his 5 eastern suburbs homes. It’s Bills zingers that we really miss though… mind you, there’s been a few popping up again lately from the other troops…. Perhaps bill has a zinger school for aspiring losers.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:32pm

"I've said several times that morrison is possibly the most corrupt government ever"

Given that nothing I have ever seen from you remotely resembles that, maybe you should give us a link or three to back it up. If not I will just continue to assume that you are just another noisy right winger with no consistent position except to attack Labor and the left.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:40pm

"@flollo

Thanks for the cut and paste

Shit that's a bit of a worry basically Lib lite, i was hoping that they pushed hard again further left rather then moving to the centre."

yep, nice to get the sunscriber goods

(from that dastardly murdoch who is apparently the master controller of my every thought...)

some big turnarounds in there

a lot of explicitness that needed to be said...

whether the public buys it as genuine or not we are yet to see

personally Id like to see a huge focus on social housing, it's an absolute disgrace what has been allowed to happen in australia...

balancing that out with the 'aspirationals' ain't gonna happen though

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm

thanks for confirming my point bb

over and out...

again...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:48pm

Ha ha, see you slippery. Come back when you are more comfortable with the truth.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 1:56pm

just trying to keep the pact

don't engage... your suggestion... this time...

truth and you...

bahahahahahaha

it's all there, ...if you care to look...

that's how the internet works

both ways...

another russia dislogue anyone?

dictator?

pee tape?

russia kompromat?

debt trap?

nuclear war?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:06pm

"I've said several times that morrison is possibly the most corrupt government ever"

So just another lie, no attempt to back it up, just sprouting shit to see it on the screen. Run away, change the subject, sprout more absurdities, whatever pathetic nonsense that happens to be passing through your brain at any given second, there it is for all to see. Mate you are a smug, self-righteous know nothing, as years of your barely coherent posts here prove.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm

unhealthy dude...

you...

'another lie'

do you have 'another' example?

you know, to show you aren't bullshitting... lying...

....or you just making false accusations and miserable assumptions?

again...

russia bots... murdoch payroll... payed advocate... ivermectin salesman...

your false assertions and accusations are fucking laughable

next level weirdness

unhinged...

deranged...

you're a very odd man

google champ

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:30pm

In the real world, taking screenshots of private dms & then sharing them in the public realm is bordering on the same level as sharing nudes/bullying. What Scummo has done to our reputation is shocking. Thankfully Macron is not a female staffer, huh?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:34pm

Mate honestly you are such a waste of time! Nothing to say, no consistent view on anything, incoherent and illogical. So just to be clear, you cannot back up your claim. You are a contemtible liar. Ramble on if you must, it doesn't hide that fact.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:45pm

I don’t think Macron is very credible either, a 15 year old boy secretly shagging his 40 year old school teacher then ends up marrying her is kind of a 10 out of 10 on the weirdo meter. Doesn’t seem to have had a good start. Anyone that wacky trying to accuse others isn’t ringing my “serious” bell.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:48pm

dude, just because I don't subscribe to your church, and do not fit into your 'evil' opposition 'us and them' simplistic view of the world, doesn't make someone illogical, inconsistent, and a contemptable liar...

people are allowed to have freedom of thought blindboy... why are you so hostile to anyone who doesn't see the world exactly as you?

it really is not healthy... for you... or society...

much of your post above is illogical, it's just a 'rambling' personal attack...

seriously dude, if Im so full of bullshit, then you should have nothing to worry about

one thing I do not do is lie on here, it's all there mate... look it up... I ve bagged morrison several times... not least for his 'bridge to nowhere' stimulus package, amongst a heap of things...

seriously dude, why such hostility?

constantly...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:52pm

is it ok to think morrison shouldn't have relessed the text?

and...

macron shouldn't have lied about the 'lie'?

asking for a friend....

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:53pm

"And Jeez, Sepp, that previous post!

Crapping on about bots, you're melting down like HAL 9000 there, dude!"

as odd as it sounds...

these are legit. accusations flying from the learned one

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm

faux intellectual contrarian fence sitter

kinda like the Waleed Aly of SN

they only got one seat in the House

gonna lose four in WA alone

brand on the nose

maybe don't need to convince you

Armies of hit job artists lined up for Albo in the Murdoch/Costello mining propaganda arm ready to pounce the second a policy is announced.

Stephen Bradbury is an olympic gold medalist.

Don't underestimate Scomo's ability to fuck things completely

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 2:59pm
Optimist wrote:

I don’t think Macron is very credible either, a 15 year old boy secretly shagging his 40 year old school teacher then ends up marrying her is kind of a 10 out of 10 on the weirdo meter. Doesn’t seem to have had a good start. Anyone that wacky trying to accuse others isn’t ringing my “serious” bell.

U sound jelly. Or are you blaming a 15yo boy?

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 3:01pm
Optimist wrote:

Very good point. Macron is turning more nationalistic due to threats from the right in the upcoming elections in 6 months.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/13/frances-2022-presidential-race...

He's also on a path to grab power in EU; Brexit left a vacuum, Angela leaving...He's been working on this for a while. The fact is, Biden shafted him behind his back and stupid Scomo goes to new low to cover for him.

France and US have strained relationships for a while and we should leave them in that vacuum. I hate being a US puppet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/21/world/americas/france-us-australia-di...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 3:02pm
Constance B Gibson wrote:

That's not a very 'christian' attitude on display there, Opto!

It's Macrons fault Scummo leaked the USA docs too hahahahaha. I'm sure Opp will find a way to defend the trashing of Australias name

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm
flollo wrote:
Optimist wrote:

Riiiiight so THATS why the Pms office leaked not only Macron dms, but the USA's private stuff too. Mmmhmm

Very good point. Macron is turning more nationalistic due to threats from the right in the upcoming elections in 6 months.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/10/13/frances-2022-presidential-race...

He's also on a path to grab power in EU; Brexit left a vacuum, Angela leaving...He's been working on this for a while. The fact is, Biden shafted him behind his back and stupid Scomo goes to new low to cover for him.

France and US have strained relationships for a while and we should leave them in that vacuum. I hate being a US puppet.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/21/world/americas/france-us-australia-di...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 3:05pm

"France and US have strained relationships for a while and we should leave them in that vacuum. I hate being a US puppet."

So, you don't want Macrons subs, but want U.S.A subs, but dont want to be the USAs puppet? Is it idiot oclock?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 3:08pm

"I don't keep chats private mate"

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 4 Nov 2021 at 3:09pm

"why are you so hostile to anyone who doesn't see the world exactly as you?"

Not true, I just loathe those, like you, who lie and distort the facts for ideological reasons. Even more loathsome is the type, again like you, who when caught in a blatant lie have so little honesty they are incapable of admitting it.