Racism

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls started the topic in Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 7:38am

It seems that discussions about racism get tangled up in various threads on this forum, so it would be more practical to have one thread dedicated to this complex, contentious issue.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 5:47pm

Family , tribe , , race , humanity.

Same as it’s ever been.

People just get confused because multiculturalism means that tribe is now multiracial.....only extends to skin colour though. Diversity of thought is not accepted.

This is an inconvenience for those who believe they celebrate “ true diversity “ when their friend starts describing the way their father has stopped talking to their sister because she is going out with a “non - race X “ type person.

Wait till the father douses the other sister in acid to witness the boundaries of diversity.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:13pm

Racism exists because multiculturalism doesn’t work, for everyone.
It’s going to remain an unattainable ideal for a long time.
Forcing everyone to embrace multiculturalism is an oxymoron

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:16pm

Blow in the same can be said for the intergenerational baby machine from some low economical zone helping keep the Caucasian numbers up there is horror everywhere if you are obsessed to look.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:20pm

"Wait till the father douses the other sister in acid to witness the boundaries of diversity."
Oh FFS blowin, just stop it.
Has there been any acid attacks in Australia? No.
When it comes to family violence, no culture can point the finger to another culture with clean hands. blowin, go do some research on domestic violence in Australia. I think you'll find that it's a male problem not a cultural problem. Un-fucking-believable that you can't see this.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:23pm

Meanwhile.....” white “ as a pejorative gains unrelenting momentum.

Funnily enough , even the most cutting edge , tip of the spear Anti racist warrior on here finds zero problem with enhancing racial bias against an entire skin colour .

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:28pm

"That’s fucked up. Thing is , the bastards will never , ever let up. It’s the modern world..."

'Social' media and theTrumpy/Blowie triple down.

FFS.

oceans11's picture
oceans11's picture
oceans11 Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:31pm

chook,

Been travelling to Japan since 1985 visiting at least a dozen times travelling extensively throughout the country and never have been treated as you state.In fact I have never experienced better service, friendliness, incredible high standards of courtesy and generosity ever in any of the other many countries I have travelled to.

I have heard of many instances of Australians acting like jerks at the snow fields, including bad behaviour in bars and restaurants & hot spring baths, dropping rubbish,abusing staff etc etc, a bit like the Aussie boguns that visit Bali.
The Japanese hosts find this behaviour intimidating and frightening.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:42pm

For sure , it’s Australians who should cringe when they’re in Indonesia.

As long as you forget about the whole murderous Japanese invasion and occupation and stuff.

But ....some Aussie’s got pissed !

Far more recently than any blackfella massacre in Australia, the friendly Japanese were keen on enslaving and murdering as much of the globe as their supply chains would allow.

But yeah , White guilt never erases but the Japanese morph into immaculate culture.

That’s what’s known as gaslighting.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:43pm

Three (white) sheets to the wind, Blowie?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:47pm

Okay back:

"Hi Indo , replied to you again when ya ready?"

Since i read your post one thing that was bouncing around in my head was

"i wonder how she would have reacted if it was me" (in regard to the dog and rude women incident)

When I read that, i kind of thought it was a weird thing to say, like why would she react differently?, i just thought she would react the same and you would then be at a disadvantage because you would not know if she was just rude or if she was racist.

But then no idea why, early this morning i woke up at 3:00am and thought, actually maybe she might have reacted differently.

Maybe she might have thought i have to be careful here because she might not want to appear racist.

She might have given you an explanation like No no no...and then sorry he doesn't like men (as some weird dogs do due to make being mistreated by a man), or sorry I'm just worried about Covid-19 or he bites or something like that.

It was something i was expecting her to say to me, but i never got that explanation...ha ha i just got total rudeness.

Anyway my normal thought has always been, i don't want to treat people differently based on skin colour etc, be it in a bad way or a good way, i want to look past skin colour and treat everyone the same (although its hard with females because im much more attracted to darker skin women, so hard not to be a little more nice and pay them extra attention)

But i guess maybe in some circumstances there is exceptions, like if i was that women, as otherwise you would walk away thinking i (that women) was racist.

Off course the better thing to do would just be a nice person all round :D

There was another part of your post and avenue i wanted to go down, but im not sure how to approach it.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:48pm

No , Facto.

Just sick of indulging the pearl clutchers so vehemently opposed to racism but who think White scum deserve everything they get....you included you mincing blow in fuckstik.

Back to Adelaide, clown !

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:57pm

Tell it to the judge, Boozy.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 6:59pm

Hey blowin, have you got that source claiming 250,000,000 would die from Covid 19 in Africa yet? Asking for a friend.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 7:10pm

Hey Vic .....you got the statistics on the wisdom borne out of doing a humanities degree with regards to world leaders you strange , strange , strange little fuckstain ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 7:27pm

Even better is the 250M infections prediction for Africa you white hating little fool.

You like statistics ?

How about the statistic that Lebanese Australians are responsible for almost half of all home grown terrorist convictions on Australian soil despite only making up 15 percent of Australian Muslims and less than 1 percent of Australia’s population. Despite the fact that Australia never colonised or invaded Lebanon and the fact that we provided refuge to them in their time of persecution.

The reason for their grievance ? It’s called a chip on the shoulder you fuckbag clown.

That’s why they come to grief at Cronulla. Australians are tolerant to a fault .....but also to a point.

Stu was there ....but so was I . Fuckers got told to pull their heads in and it worked out best for everyone. They only understand strength.

Now it’s harmonious and the concept of Cronulla as racist is gone. Job done.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 7:47pm

Ha Ha. I knew all along it was an estimated 250,000,000 infections and you misread the stats and said it was 250,000,000 deaths. Just put up your hand and admit you got it wrong. It will be good for you.
The Cronulla Race riots happened 15 years ago. Remember the chants of the drunken mob: "fuck of wogs" and "fuck off lebs". Remember the beatings of dark skinned people who just happen to be walking down the street? Remember the Bangladesh blokes who got the shit beaten out of them? Remember the beer bottles chucked at the police and POC? Remember the shop getting trashed because the owner had the basic fucking decency to offer a couple of POC a place of refuge from the mob? Remember the scene at the train station?
The only people who think the Cronulla riots were good are far right kooks and you. But you're not a racist right?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 7:57pm

Admit I got it wrong ?

The models are out by about 240.999 million people and you think it’s me who should be embarrassed ?

You’re off your head you strange , little white hating fuckbag clown.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:04pm

Here you go buddy. WHO predicted 250,000,000 infections.
https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2020/may/15/africa-facing...
You said it was 250,000,000 deaths in Africa. Scary that you can't even admit that.
blowin Trump never admits he is wrong, even when faced with the evidence. He even thinks the Cronulla Race riots were good. staggering.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:37pm

How’s get fucked sound , Vic ?

I lived next to the station at Cronulla for a while and the Lebs were relentless in hassling my missus to the point that she was hesitant to go to the beach on her own.

I got harassed walking through the park opposite Northies , with my board under my arm and my wettie down around my waist , by a bunch of Lebs demanding to know where I was going ......for a surf you strange fucks ! Standard shit. Cars drive by with shit yelled at innocent beach goers. Cronulla cops following gangs of Lebs along the wall as they mass- harrased crew on the beach.

A bloke I know got stabbed after asking a Leb to pick up the rubbish thrown out of a car window.

The fuckers came to Cronulla with a chip on their shoulder and tried to claim it as “ territory “ like it was the Middle East. No other culture or race got harrased by Aussies.....Vietnamese bakers, Chinese take away , Italians , Greeks ...no one gave a fuck. If anything it was white crew from Western suburbs who wore it from locals.

The Lebs have history of rejecting Australian society. It came to a head at Cronulla. They still have their own accent after several generations....this is indicative of resistance to enter our community. I have met many nice Lebanese crew but the gangs who hit Cronulla were asking for trouble . They WANTED confrontation and they got it. Australian gang too strong and they were back to the Western suburbs they colonise. Fighting lifeguards in western Sydney public pools instead....demanding gender segregated swimming FFS.

Fact....deal with it .

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:07pm

It's not 'evidence' Vic, it's 'fake news' or a 'hoax'.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:10pm

You think you’re making ME look bad by posting the ludicrous and proven bullshit WHO stats that I was ridiculing in the first place ?

Are you fucking stupid ?

My whole point was that the predictions were stupidly overblown and here we are with every single prediction the world over shown to be complete rubbish.

Nice own goal , fuckbag.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:18pm

This screen shot was taken on 4th April . Prediction was for the end of April.

And you honestly think that I should be embarrassed and not the WHO ?

Today’s death toll from Indo

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:19pm

Phwoar, sunrise - how embarrassing!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:25pm

They (Lebanese people) WANTED confrontation and they got it.
The rioters just beat the shit out of random non-white people, injured coppers, smashed up local shops, ruined some poor copper's life, and threw beer bottles at paramedics. And you're proud of it.
The funny thing is, a bunch of bone heads try to hold riot anniversary events in Cronulla and locals don't show up. They are embarrassed by what happened in 2005, but not you blowin, you're still fighting for what exactly?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:29pm

Oh and blowin, I was mocking you for misquoting the WHO prediction. The fact that you can't admit you got "deaths" and "infections" mixed up, and are trying to bluff your way out of this, is kind of pathetic.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:45pm

Cronulla race riots was overblown bullshit only real violence that went
down was by a few yobbo piss heads and when 100s of lebbos want a be
heroes came to the shire bashing innocent people by the dozens killing
some poor young guy on his own also smashing 100s of cars, shops and houses.
These cowards did millions of dollars of damage that was covered up by
the media by order of the police. FACT
Im a full blown loud and proud Cronulla local and im not at all embarrassed
by what happened. Those Lebbo bastards came to Cronulla in cars every weekend
terrorizing families and bashing people when they had the numbers every opportunity
they could find. You dont know shit so shut the hell up.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:30pm

JQ....yes, Sunrise = embarrassing.

I’ll give you that. It was peak media / Wuflu hyperbole and I got caught up in it.

There’s a lesson !

The screen shot speaks for the kind of bullshit hype they beat you over the head with if you let them....which is exactly my point .

Yet here Vic Local is trying to paint ME as the fool cause I take the piss out of the panic mongers.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:33pm

Whoa, look out - evo's identified a cover up! Is it a left wing plot perchance?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:34pm

Evo....that’s the truth.

Cronulla “ riots “ was thousands of people in solidarity against the ethnic Lebanese gangs who were treating Cronulla like a part of some Middle East territorial dispute.

Compare the Cronulla “ riot” where 99.99999 percent of crew were spectators with the “ peaceful “ looting , burning , murderous BLM shit in the US which is completely sanctioned by the MSM for an insight media manipulation.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:41pm

Yes , JQ. Fake news.

You keep posting this question as though it’s never a self evident answer when it most definitely is.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 8:47pm

Well I dunno Blowin, I still often struggle to discern your posts from satire.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:10pm

Cronulla riots. What a shitshow.

So many issues. So much more complex than most will even bother admitting. The day of shame was actually the end of a long build up of tension and growing community anger. Some of the things that blowin mentions were reasonably common occurrences.
I grew up in the Shire. Then-partner and I were living at Cronulla at the time, although I was usually interstate for work. One of the major contributing factors that is rarely mentioned was the steady reduction in community Policing that occurred in the years preceding 2005. From memory, at the time of the riot the Cronulla cop shop was only manned part time, and there was a plan to centralise the police at Miranda (~5km away).
There were ongoing, and increasingly serious, incidents occurring on the beachfront, in the mall and especially around the train station. My (Anglo) partner experienced frequent Serious, racially-based, sexual harassment going to the beach (shift-worker, so this was even occurring mid week) and shops. Groms I knew were flogged and sometimes robbed - in broad daylight. There was plenty of dirtbags and petty crime in the area, from all sections of society, but there was an increasing sense that it was largely coming from one group. And there seemed to be no police presence, or even interest, in seeking to control it. Resource-based largely.
I reckon it was potentially 50-100 people all up who were causing these issues. Tops. Obviously not at the same time, but there was a pretty consistent set of experiences.
The trigger for the protest was actually BS, from what I recall. A clubbie got bashed on the beach. Off-duty, and apparently a bit of a dick (I Can’t vouch for this but mate of a mate etc etc). But that incident got absolutely blown out. I wasn’t there on the day. Flew out Of Kingsford Smith that morning, landed in Perth and saw my hometown on the TV absolutely blowing (blowin’?) up.
Everyone knows about the race-baiting build up. Everyone saw the images on the screen. Shameful. Inexcusable. Alcohol fueled racial intolerance. Base instincts unveiled. Complete imbecility.
Like I said, I wasn’t there. I’m sure there are a few crew here that were. I got the rundown from plenty of mates that were there. Some with families. Some who stepped in to look after innocent people being turned on by ignorant fools. One who had to stare down a crew who wanted to “burn down” the North Cronulla clubhouse after the bloke who was getting bashed in Dunningham Park took refuge in there. FML. Burn down the clubhouse, after staging a protest because a “clubbie got bashed”? WTAF.

That night the reprisals started. A mate’s brother, who had been at a Wedding reception, was on the street In front of Woolooware Golf Club with a couple of girls after leaving the reception when a car pulled up, a group of blokes said “let’s rape these chicks”. Old mate told the girls to run, while he tried to delay these blokes. Was stabbed numerous times and left to die after the knife broke off in his back. He lived, but a long recovery.
My apartment building was trashed by a mob. A bloke in the street was put in a coma after being clubbed with a baseball bat from a moving car.
I came back from WA pretty quick smart.

My missus, a paramedic working in Bankstown, was subjected to all sorts of crap. Was followed home. Fortunately by this time the cops had set up road blocks on the bridges over the Georges and Woronora Rivers and were limiting access to the Shire.

Friends of mine of Mediterranean / Lebanese / Palestinian heritage, all of them proud ‘Aussies’, all of them Shire bred, if not all Shire-born, were outsiders in their own neighbourhood. One, a smart Greek-Palestinian Girl who worked in juvie justice as a psychologist, lived in South Cronulla and was subject to some terrible abuse. (Yeah, Facto / VL - Cronulla was actually way more multicultural than you’d expect).
Surprisingly, given it was post-Hanson years, my Asian friends mostly didn’t experience racism associated with the riots and post. (They’ve dealt with plenty at other times) Some of them were quite outspoken about “Lebs”.

Cop shop was saved. Remained at 24h manning. Heaps of cops on the beaches, mall, train stations. A weird tension pervaded right through to mid-January I reckon. Some idiots carried on like they’d saved Stalingrad. Most people were ashamed at what had happened. Pretty much everyone was angry that it had gotten to that point.

One of the best things afterwards was seeing families back at the beach. The cops didn’t put up with any shit. People self- and group-regulated. Fucked way to get to that point.

Like I said, complete shitshow. Complex. Be interested to hear some other views and experiences.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:18pm

JQ: ref the suppression order on media reporting of reprisals / ongoing violence. Fact. Not a cover-up, government just did not want a spiral of tit-for-tat violence. I understand that. Makes sense to me. Probably prevented more violence TBH.
Partner’s sister and brother-in-law were both cops, based at Bankstown. They were pretty traumatized about some of their experiences around that time. Just like some of the cops who were at the beach / station in Cronulla were likely traumatized.
Shitshow.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:43pm

Etarip.....I don’t agree on the media suppression deal. It was a one way thing. Zero repercussions for the Lebs , whilst the Australian’s ( Leb differentiation, not mine ) are still copping it in the neck over the “ racial intolerance “ of being driven to police their own neighbourhoods after the authorities abandoned the concept as too sensitive post 9/11 .

The media never hesitated to fire up the antipathy towards Australians . Though the demographic they targeted with their white guilt headlines was the fake left / Vic Local / Facto grubs who snivelled up any reason to rub their community’s nose in the dirt.

To this day there’s still fuckbags like Vic Local perpetuating the “ violently racist Cronulla Aussie “ trope . Cronulla was pretty Anglo but still a tolerant and accepting place even then. Just cause it wasn’t unrecognisably multiracial , or even the introduced monoculture of other parts of Sydney, it was perceived to be some kind of Klan hotbed of hatred.

Rubbish.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:41pm

Thanks for the wrap up etarip.
What was really scary was how quickly things escalated. I've read some of the police reports of the initial confrontation and nobody came out of that well. Toxic masculinity from both sides.
Alan Jones poured petrol on the fire and a lot of innocent people got hurt. Blowin, how you can look back on the Cronulla Riots thinking it was a positive event is just fucking staggering.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:50pm

It was a positive. It cleared the air.

Tension builds . Like I said , the Lebs only respect strength. They got a dose and peace was restored.

What’s staggering is your refusal to acknowledge the history of humanity and tribal competitiveness and its relevance in modern times . That’d be a consequence of living with your head inserted in your date , I’d imagine.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:52pm

Back to the future...

From 2018:

"I was living overseas when the Cronulla riots happened. Though it was splashed all over the news where I was. It was embarrassing.

I've always wondered about Alan Jones and 2GBs role in the whole affair...and how the fuck he was allowed anywhere near the airwaves since (or after the 'cash for comments' payola scandal for that matter). Heard about the subsequent NSW police investigation of the matter, the Hazzard Report? It runs to 5 volumes, and Jones and the 2GB gang got a volume to themselves!"

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:53pm

"Volume 4, Item 3 of the Hazzard report, entitled, “2GB Broadcast Synopsis: 4th December 2005 to 9th December 2005: Alan Jones, Ray Hadley, Jason Morrison,” devotes 108 pages to broadcasts from Sydney radio station 2GB in the lead up to the Cronulla riots. Whilst not “strictly verbatim”, it is a “verified and accurate” record.

On these radio programs, listeners call in, correspondents read out letters, and the hosts constantly volunteer their opinions and interpretations of events and issues.

Alan Jones is one of Australia’s most promoted personalities, and enjoys the closest of relationships with Prime Minister John Howard, as well as with the Labor government in NSW. He is a former speechwriter for the Liberal Party, and a recipient of the Order of Australia.

It is impossible to reproduce the volume of filth and backwardness spewed forth by these radio commentators and their talk show guests in the space available for this article. But to give a sense of the racialist climate they created at the time, it is crucial to revisit at least some of what they said.

Day after day, hysterical exchanges such as the following occurred on morning radio:

Caller: “What kind of grubs do we have here?”

(Alan) Jones: “What kind of grubs? This lot were Middle Eastern, we’re not allowed to say it, but I am saying it.”

The following “correspondence” was read on air by Jones:

* “Unfortunately this happens regularly at Cronulla—gangs of Lebanese youth just swarm over the beach, stealing from and assaulting beach goers; they pick on the youngest.”

* “Alan it’s not just a few Middle Eastern bastards at the weekend, it’s thousands. Cronulla is a very long beach and it’s been taken over by this scum; it’s not a few causing problems, it’s all of them.”

* “Police are too afraid to act ... if we were allowed to act the way we want to, we could solve a lot of problems ... these Middle Eastern people must be treated with a big stick—it’s the only thing they fear.”

Jones openly advocated and encouraged violent reprisals and vigilante behaviour against young men of Middle Eastern appearance.

For instance a caller, John, said: “These people, half of them may be home grown; they have infected minds; they don’t live the Australian way ... if the police can’t do the job the next tier is to us.” Jones replied: “Yeah, good on ya, John.” When John said: “Shoot one, the rest will run ... when you’re outnumbered 20 to 1 you don’t put your hand up and play by Queensbury rules,” Jones replied with laughter and added: “You don’t play by Queensbury rules; good on ya, John.”

Ray Hadley, another “shock-jock” on 2GB, unleashed equally disgusting comments, and also incited violence. Asked whether surf lifesavers should allow people of Middle Eastern appearance to drown when in distress in the water, Hadley commented: “That’s good because there is one less to bash them [the lifesavers]. I don’t care, I’m sick of it; I’m not in the mood today to pander to minorities.” He continued: “It’s about time we reclaimed our beaches.”

Hadley also commented:

* “At the moment we have a core of young people who will not accept; they are Australians, but won’t accept our way of life and we need to do something about it.”

* “We have been too easy ... and we need to get tough.”

Jason Morrison, filling in for Hadley, endorsed an email from a listener who claimed: “We are experiencing circumstances that have caused leaders of other countries through history to declare war on people not assimilating in their country.”

These hosts endeavoured to create the impression of a city and a society under siege by dangerous, distinctly “un-Australian” and barely human elements who needed to be swiftly and violently crushed.

On one occasion, Jones wailed: “We’ve got the pack mentality, we’ve got the Lebanese gangs and the disrespect; you’ve got the mind numbing rap music. They’ve got the weapons and the knives, and like the US, the gangs are drawn along ethnic lines.”

He also said:

* “Here are people hunting with gangs, hunting with knives, randomly threatening people’s lives.”

* “This is suburban this stuff and these people only know one thing: they hate us and they’re going to take over.”

With one caller, Yvonne, Jones claimed: “There is a standard that has to apply and you don’t meet that standard you should be rounded up.” She replied: “And if we don’t have enough police, what’s wrong with getting the army in?... [G]ive these blokes a bit of rifle butt in the face and they’ll back off; they’re cowards.” Jones replied: “If it gets to that we might have to do that, do you follow what I am saying?”

Jones repeatedly read out an alleged text message sent out by local “youngsters” in the Cronulla area encouraging others to go to the beach on the following Sunday, “to support Leb and Wog bashing day”.

On another occasion, Jones called for, “A rally, a street march, call it what you will. A community show of force.”

It did not take long to prove that these considerable efforts were not in vain.

Referring directly to the role of the shock-jocks, the Hazzard report states, “comment made by the broader community relating to the incidents was at times racist, exaggerated, inaccurate and advocated vigilante behaviour.”

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 9:57pm

Interesting comments after that old post:

"Fuckers should have done time for that shit." - Blowin.

"Which ones?"

"Shock jock fucktards." - Blowin.

Funny, but no mention back then that you were there or at least thereabouts, Blowie?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:00pm

Classic Facto.

Poor bloke was ‘embarrassed “ after swallowing the media bullshit line that it was an undeserved and mindless violent race hate rally.

And then he goes on to describe another media episode as though the media had anything at all to do with it.

Siding against Australians irrespective of the case

. Who gives a fuck what Alan Jones had to say ? He’s a media parasite . Nothing to do with sorting out the fuckwits who made life unpleasant for crew going about their lives.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:03pm

I wasn’t in NSW when it happened but I’ve had plenty of reason to understand what it was about.

When people say they were surprised how quickly it escalated, they don’t realise that it had been building for years.

You could fill the internet with shit you DONT know , Facto.

Oh , wait .....they already have.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:02pm

Blowin, I maintain my point. The suppression of media worked. It prevented a spread of violence into other areas, across a wider sections of society and largely limited its intensity. The collateral was the reputation of Cronulla. I don’t see how reporting tit-for-tat violence would have changed the fact that Cronulla became synonymous with the riots. Was it ‘fair’? Probably not. Does it matter? not an iota. I heard conservative, middle-aged Shire housewives carrying on about how the Negative press about the riots were going to affect the price of their family home and their investment properties....... and waiting for that hammer to fall. I’m an Anglo, who grew up in the Shire / Cronulla. I really don’t think anyone assumes that I’m racist because of that. If they do, good on ‘em. Doesn’t faze me one way or another.

VicLocal: Positives - well, I don’t think it’s going to happen again. That’s a positive. A lot of people have thought long and hard about where they stood on issues around that day. A lot of people decided to demand more of their elected officials. A lot of people went out of their way to look out for their ‘ethnic’ friends after that. There was a conscious effort to make families of all backgrounds and nationalities more welcome at the beach, not just ‘tolerate’ them. I don’t think the cops will stand absent when there are some pretty inflammatory text messages being circulated and then being amplified. Shitty way to get there, but a pretty pivotal moment in our recent history. Oh, and the cop shop was fully manned....

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:06pm

Absolute crap blowin.
Where do I start?
Tensions had been building over the year leading up to the riot. Yes Lebanese people misbehaved, but this idea that local males were tolerant is just rubbish. The coppers noted that there may be ongoing problems because "many local beach users have the opinion that Cronulla beaches are for locals only and show an obvious racial prejudice against middle eastern males"
Here's the proof. http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/ep38cronulla2.pdf
"To this day there’s still fuckbags like Vic Local perpetuating the “ violently racist Cronulla Aussie “ trope ." FFS blowin the race riots happened. You can't deny it. And when I wrote, "They (the locals) are embarrassed by what happened in 2005" it's the exact opposite of perpetuating your made up "trope". Most of the locals have grown up. You haven't.
Your entire schtick revolves around a fucking myth that Aussies can't possibly be racists and are innocent victims of immigration.
Being white, male, and Australian is a winning lottery ticket. There's probably no more privileged demographic on the planet. Given your winning lottery ticket, you constantly jumping into victimhood mode really is pathetic.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:21pm

Yep . Great post , Etarip.

Only way I’d disagree is the historical record of the event which is still erroneously put forth as representative of Australian bigotry. That’s what started this whole discussion- Vic Local referred to it as such.

The dumb fuck still is to this minute.

The best thing about Swellnet is learning the local perspective of events on whichever matter. Some people just don’t find the first hand accounts reliable enough and prefer their own remote interpretations of what happened.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:19pm

"They (the locals) are embarrassed by what happened in 2005" No one is stoked that it happened but it was necessary. Otherwise the offensive ethnic gang shit would have just drawn out forever and the authorities would have continued to ignore it because they weren’t affected and they didn’t want to be labelled bigots ( by fuckbags like yourself ) by coming down on an issue within an ethnic community.

Hmmm,....except everyone who had anything to do with Cronulla on this thread completely disagrees with you.

But sure , you read it in the media and swallowed the walloper’s self-serving version of events .....must be true ! You’ll have to point to the part of your report where it says that police abrogated their responsibility to protect the community in the decade of events leading up to the confrontation.

Just like the 250K Wuflu deaths in Indo by the end of April 2020.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:16pm

You know where you start , Vic Fuckbag ?

By dropping your entire “ Evil Australians “ hyperbolic shitshow.

You’re a fucking headcase. No point talking with you . You’re proven to have zero scope for listening or reflection.

Too old to listen, too stiff to learn is your problem.

Fuck off.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:26pm

thanks etarip,
Another good post.
I think there was a fair bit of introspection from all sides after the riot. There was no doubt a feeling of shame from the young men (and it was mostly young men) who perpetuated the violence. I have no doubt that a lot of mothers tore shreds off their sons for the violence. There was also a conscious effort to bring both sides together with Muslims invited to join in surf life saving clubs and the Bra Boys doing their thing.
The peace pipe was smoked and the area is a lot better after people started respecting each other. Pity one commenter here thinks the riot was a good thing and he continues to carry on like it's early December 2005.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:30pm

That mediawatch article / chronology is very interesting. I’m also glad that it pretty much aligns with my memory. (Not senile yet...)
It does show that their was incitement on both sides, and a ratcheting up of violence over a 3 month period. I’d never read that before, but seeing the number of incidents recorded over a couple of months really captured the mood. How is this for a piss poor response In the face of increasing violence ?(p9 of the document, on 15/11/2005):
“The Miranda Local Area Command Crime Manager advised the meeting of escalating anti-social behaviour between local youths and visitors from outside the Shire. As a result it was resolved that life guards would be advised to contact the duty officer at Miranda Police if they had any concerns of possible anti-social behaviour on the beaches.“

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:34pm

"Too old to listen, too stiff to learn is your problem."
Why would I listen to you blowin? Your abuse is next level, you lie, you never admit you're wrong, you post endless racist crap, you make up statistics, you post ridiculous straw man arguments, you post links to extreme right nutters, and you insinuated I was a pedophile.
So sorry mate, It's not like you've got anything even worth listening to.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Tuesday, 23 Jun 2020 at 10:36pm

Oh yeah, the Bra Boys.
My understanding was that at least some of them were hell-bent on coming down to ‘join the fun’ and had booked hotels etc, but couldn’t get across Captain Cook bridge cos the Cops had closed it.
Then a week or so later, they turned the story around.

‘Blessed are the Peacemakers’

Good on ‘em. Classic entrepreneurialism.