Racism

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls started the topic in Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 7:38am

It seems that discussions about racism get tangled up in various threads on this forum, so it would be more practical to have one thread dedicated to this complex, contentious issue.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 11:41pm

Gunna throw the elephant in the room I would like to hear Sypkan, Blowin Indo's or anyone else's view of Penny Wong."I could be RIGHT or I could be Wong"

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 12 Jun 2020 at 11:56pm

Sounds like PIL. Two Wongs dont make a right...

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:04am

Or Arthur Caldwell.

You may have to google.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:04pm

Fark, how much lower can the ol' scraping of the bottom of the barrel go?

Seriously.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:27am

Snuffy ! "Could this Ms Wong yer looking for... be our Mr Right?"
Dated a SA Premier & is current Labor Senate Leader since 2013
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/sep/29/penny-wong-could-...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 6:19am

The vast majority of exploiting of labour in modern Australia is done by people of the same ethnicity as those being exploited.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 8:13am

That's very true Blowin or similar ethnicity's.

When we first moved down here from QLD my missus went looking for work but only places that offered to give her work (i guess because fitted their image) was a Chinese restaurant and a Thai restaurant, both wanted to do dodgy low cash payment deals.

She ended up taking the Thai restaurant job for a while as just wanted to get out and also wanted to gain some insights in cooking Thai food, she only did it for two months as they would only pay her $60 cash a night cash no matter how many hours she worked (she did get free food though) and then they wanted her to sign some dodgy form for tax or something, so by then the novelty had worn off and she said goodbye.

They were nice people but also kind of manipulative, always saying to her we are family etc just because Asian, i guess if felt like family they might think she would accept crappy pay more, thinking of it now her Philippine friends work at Chinese restaurants for dodgy low cash deals too.

BTW. on the work related front, in the past even 10-15 years ago, it really seems like being Asian could have been a disadvantage to get work, but now it seems it could even be a slight advantage in some areas as many business want to appear ethically diverse, especially larger type business with a public image or councils etc, for instance she has been told if she wanted a job at Phillip Island wild life parks (own penguin parade and number of other tourist attractions) that she could get one pretty easy (retail/cafe etc) being asian with good english.

You can see this strongly reflected in places like McDonalds where now its always a broad mix of ethnicity's even in country areas, also noticed they now often thrown in a token older person

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 9:18am

"Gunna throw the elephant in the room I would like to hear Sypkan, Blowin Indo's or anyone else's view of Penny Wong."I could be RIGHT or I could be Wong""

I don't know if this is a joke or a real question?

Not a fan of her or her politics, but has nothing to do with the fact she is Asian, in general i probably have a bias or soft spot for Asian people, actually the people i tend to look up too in regard to politics and social issues are often women of colour and has nothing to do with attractiveness as most are older average looking women, strangely there does seem to be trend these days of conservative women of colour, maybe its just that they get more attention as their voice can come across stronger or can say things that white guys would get shot down for.

Thinking of it now, i can even think of a middle aged white guy i look up to in politics or social issues Scomo would come the closest but its not really like im a huge fan, it's just more about going in to bat for him sometimes as hated here and im a conservative. (even though I've never actually directly voted Liberal)

mugofsunshine's picture
mugofsunshine's picture
mugofsunshine Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 9:27am

"strangely there does seem to be trend these days of conservative women of colour"

Conservatives exploiting a dichotomy. Not strange. PR101

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 9:27am

"Gunna throw the elephant in the room I would like to hear Sypkan, Blowin Indo's or anyone else's view of Penny Wong."I could be RIGHT or I could be Wong"

asian, woman, lesbian...

Geez I could ignore one of those

but not a chinese asian lesbian

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 9:33am

is that the kind of stuff you wanna hear snuffy?

I seriously cannot believe the assumptions some people make

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 10:36am

HaHa Sypkan I was thinking you had at least half a brain but the Chris lilley is a genius quote lost me.You guys and there is a handful of you are flogging a dead horse so to speak.I read somewhere that Beta blockers the use of or similar types of medications leave the user with or cause of loss of empathy.Here's a couple of clips to brighten up your day boy's. RIGHT up your alley.Little Chris could only dream to reach such lofty heights.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 10:47am

"The vast majority of exploiting of labour in modern Australia is done by people of the same ethnicity as those being exploited."
And your evidence for that opinion is what exactly blowin?
Worker exploitation is about an imbalance of power. It's always been that way. Ethnicity has fuck all to do with it. But I'm sure you'll find some angle, no doubt one that portrays POC in a bad way.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 11:41am

I agree that worker exploitation is due to an imbalance of power, although I also think there is a degree of racial prejudice. For example, here in Australia, there are some unscrupulous Asian business owners who choose to employ only Asians, especially if they are non-residents with limited English, just so they can pay them in cash below the award rate. I doubt they would try to pull that one on a potential non- Asian employee. They are effectively taking advantage of someone from a different ethnicity who does not have the resources to stand up for him/herself and who is unlikely to complain about it. I’ve also seen this in south-east Asian countries where I’ve worked. It just shows that racism exists everywhere. Wherever it occurs, it’s wrong and needs to be called out.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 11:55am

Yep

People from low income countries would often be easier to exploit because to them even underpaid Australia wages seem very high, you see it on shows like border control, Asian people getting busted for trying to work illegally in Australia on non working visa's, 100% guaranteed they would not be getting award wage and very high likely the people employing them would be of the same ethnic group as they would have the contacts to get these people and know they can exploit them and speak their language and gain their trust easier, but in the eyes of the employee they would not know they are being exploited and again to them they would see the amount paid as super high often earning in a week what would take a month or months back home to earn.

In Australia you also sometimes get people who dont have very good english or basically no english skills and live their life's within their ethnic community, these people aren't always old and would be much easier to exploit. (i know these people exist as asked people stacking shelves in Springvale supermarket a question and they get all confused and say no english)

Probably the other areas where people get exploited that aren't within ethnic groups would be backpackers, or people on employment benefits because if cash you are willing to take below award wage so you can still get the dole, also international students but id expect they are more likely to get exploited by their own ethnic groups as job contacts are more likely through their community's.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 11:57am

summer hieghts high was genius, his later stuff questionable...

you seen the internet snuffy?

the twisted shit available to any 12 yo kid with a smart phone?

someone please tell me what all this book burning is going to achieve?

all you are doing is firing up people, and giving the right more material to bag the left's patheticness

as to the rest of your post ...you couldn't be wronger...

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:10pm

Why is Summer Heights High genius for you, Sypkan?

And what is this 'book burning' you speak of?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:16pm

you know its a figure of speech idiot

a very fitting figure of speech, because it's exactly what you are doing

figurativlely...

ACAB

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 12:57pm

Why is Summer Heights High genius for you, Sypkan?

And what is this 'book burning' you speak of?

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 1:16pm

Wow Sypkan the point I am making especially with the last clip is that is what pure genius looks like.All of a 19 sec blimp contains more comedic cring worthy on point statement and by the on point statement I mean Cleeses facial expression at the end than the whole series of Summer heights High extended outtakes DVD special....19secs haha

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 5:04pm

Remember Mr Wong's Wet Market Cruises...who knew that would catch on!

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 5:32pm

Haha Karl Malden still more laughs in that ad than Chris Lilleys entire back catalogue

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 6:36pm

Good read

"That indigenous Australians, who make up 3 per cent of this country’s population, account for 30 per cent of its prisoners is a national disgrace. That by the time they reach the age of 23, 75 per cent of young indigenous people in NSW will have been cautioned by police, referred to a youth justice conference or convicted of an offence in a criminal court — compared with just 17 per cent of their non-indigenous counterparts — makes the disgrace all the more searing.

And the fact that just in the past five years nearly a quarter of the indigenous male population has been arrested and more than 10 per cent jailed, while one indigenous child in five has, at some stage, lost a parent to prison, raises that disgrace into an outrage.

However, the worst of it is that the fault does not lie in the criminal justice system. After all, were these shocking outcomes due to racial bias, the path to a solution would be straightforward.
But indigenous Australians are not imprisoned at such appalling rates because our system of law enforcement treats them unduly harshly.

Rather, they are disproportionately represented in this country’s jails, and in the deaths that occur in those jails, because they are far more likely to commit violent offences. Nor is that seriously in dispute. On the contrary, as Don Weatherburn, perhaps Australia’s most eminent criminologist, concludes in a recent paper with Hamish Thorburn, “the overwhelming weight of evidence” confirms that “differences in rates of offending (and reoffending) account for most, if not all, of the difference in imprisonment rates” between indigenous and non-indigenous Australians.

And with indigenous women being nearly 40 times more likely to be hospitalised for intentionally inflicted violence than are Australian women generally, it is also beyond dispute that the harm those offenders inflict falls most grievously on indigenous Australians themselves.

Yet none of that lets non-indigenous Australians off the hook. It was not indigenous Australians who destroyed thousands of Aboriginal jobs in country areas by suddenly raising the wages of cattle station labour in 1965; it was the Commonwealth Conciliation and Arbitration Commission.

Nor was it indigenous Australians who decided, just as the commission’s judgment was having its devastating effects, to massively subsidise remote Aboriginal settlements, condemning generation after generation to inadequate housing, an education scarcely worth having and a future shorn of jobs and hope; it was the Whitlam and Fraser governments.

And it was not indigenous Australians who removed the prohibitions on the consumption of alcohol by, and the sale of alcohol to, Aboriginal people that had been in force throughout Australia since 1929.

It was state and territory governments that, in keeping with the 1960s zeitgeist of self-determination, repealed those controls and decriminalised public drunkenness, plunging fraying Aboriginal communities into a spiral of alcohol-fuelled violence and helping to ensure that indigenous offenders are nearly three times more likely than non-indigenous offenders to be intoxicated when they commit their crimes.

The result, as one Aboriginal community after the other succumbed to the epidemic of substance abuse, was that indigenous incarceration rates, which had been falling since World War I, began to soar.

Far from slowing that rise, the explosive growth in welfare outlays that followed the onset of the crisis perpetuated the pathologies by allowing dysfunctional communities to survive. And instead of frankly confronting the root causes, successive governments relied on grandiose statements of good intentions and on torrents of cash in an increasingly futile attempt to paper over the cracks.

Had the thousands of Australians who marched last week learned from that history and drawn its lessons, one could only have cheered them on.

Of that, however, there was no sign. Epitomised by the participants’ slavish imitation of the ritual gesture of kneeling — which has clear resonance in America because of the prominence of the kneeling slave in the imagery of the abolitionist movement, but which lacks those associations in Australia — the rallies were copycat protests at which self-proclaimed representatives of indigenous people could vent imported rhetoric in tones of punitive hysteria.

No doubt the slogan-mongering went down well with the crowd, many of whom had been chafing at the bit to return to protesting, regardless of the health risks that imposes on the community as a whole.

And it would have been mother’s milk to the young Australians who had been taught since childhood that Europe’s expansion was a plague on the skin of the earth, that its civilisation was a monstrous imposture and that its arrival on these shores 2½ centuries ago heralded the destruction of a Garden of Eden.

But demeaning the past does nothing to heal the present. Nor, for that matter, does setting ambi­tious targets that we do not know how to achieve, as the government seems intent on doing.

Rather, what is needed is honesty and clear-sightedness. And the starting point must be to confront some uncomfortable realities. It is, to begin with, clear that much-touted nostrums, such as diverting juvenile offenders from the court system, have been tried and largely found to fail, with most studies concluding that they do not decrease the risk of reconviction, the time to reconviction, the seriousness of further offending or the number of reconvictions.

And it is equally clear that while those approaches are not a viable solution, imprisonment does reduce the extent and incidence of serious offending, as well as shielding, at least for a time, the victims of violence from their tormentors.

That hardly implies we should simply accept the dreadful costs mass incarceration imposes on indigenous Australians and on the moral fabric of the nation.

What it does mean, however, is that we face an alternative. We can salve our conscience by retaining the unstated premise that has led to the current calamity: that indigenous Australians are essentially a separate race, who should be funded to live at enormous expense in places where there are no viable jobs, where supplying basic services is prohibitively costly and where alcohol and drugs are the only antidote to squalor, boredom and despair.

If that is our choice, today’s pathologies, and the mass incarceration that is their symptom, will persist for decades to come.

Or, while recognising the deep and enduring scars, we can reconsider the whole notion of racial separateness, reaffirm our commitment to the ideal of integration and begin the transition to a country whose principles, policies and ways of life are genuinely colourblind.

The one thing we cannot do is pin the repeated failures on anyone but ourselves. They are a tragedy of our own making. And more than ever, they are our responsibility to repair."

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/commentary/if-separatism-is-such-misery...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 6:49pm

During lockdown [visas] International Licence holders were free to travel interstate.
Backpacker Drug mules & Student Sex slaves just order yer vice with Uber Pizza.

Limit ! One STFAH Drunken Rage bashing per Chinese Sex Slave (Rules are Rules!)
Break outta rape dungeon..."Get off our streets & go back to China you dirty bitch."

DV workers say that the calls from migrant women ceased the day of lockdown.
No! Silence is not Golden...it spells [ SEX SLAVES ] + No [S.O.S]

Here's how MP George Christensen sorted the World's #1 DV Rape club.
Warning: What comes next shames Sexist/Racist/Misogynists & maybe the crew?
https://theunaustralian.net/2020/05/19/christensen-calls-for-a-ban-on-ch...

Devout George prides the fact that he prefers whipping Filipino sex slave brides.
Christian George actually confuses his WR insult on every being as a policy...WTF.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EQYkQguUYAAYJrN.jpg
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6521677/MP-spectacularly-outs-r...

PS: Both Feds & NSW Govts promptly shut down DV Committees...(re: Fuck off!)
Sorted the World's largest cowardly covid bashing spree with a broom apparently!

Calls for a new inquiry to include Lockdown DV cases & killings & suicides.
https://www.healthindustryhub.com.au/social-responsibility/addressing-do...

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Saturday, 13 Jun 2020 at 9:11pm

"NATHAN NATHAN" "fucking knob"fucking classic, not racist but deafist if you want to be split hairs, funnier than shit though and not meant to be meanspirited or ignorant either, kind of the same for Jonah from Tonga. Political correctness gone to the extreme (like the world in general) whether it makes sense or not

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 12:55am

Thanx to indo-dreaming for continued thoughtful insight into 1st Nation.

Aboriginal Alcohol brewing + review Covid-19 racism.
No escaping that both Alcohol & Covid violence are central to current Oz debate.
As said (Above) The pending DV inquiry is warranted & will command attention!

Australian aborigines invented alcohol > (Possibly 500 Oz nation's had brews!)
Endless Canoe / Spear designs so why not own Brews or several from each!
Aborigines harvested richer bounty than any of us could imagine, near all gone.

Also the first export Alcohol trade with China (Rice Wine) some 5,000 years ago.
Sample of Aussie brews...(Note some brews were continued on by settlers)
Wattle,Gum,Palm,Pandanus,Orchid,Quandong,Corkwood,Coconuts,Root,Honey.

Aboriginal brews were sacred for ceremony & medicine.

After invasion the White settlers / soldiers paid Aborigines & Sex Slaves in 'Grog'.
Dose Stateless Aborigines to fight each other while white men raped women.
Denying their connection to tribe & Nation...whitewashing a new abusive order.
Aboriginal 'Grog Violence / Priming of Sex slaves' is under White armed directive.
Aborigines never invented Alcohol for Whitemen to then poison & enslave them.
History shows whites Poisoned Aboriginal slaves with grog.(Please believe them!)

Covid DV.
(South Africa Booze Ban = DV fell 70%) vs (Oz Booze up 70% = DV up 30%)
World sees Oz can't handle their grog...(Oz will find a way to make Aborigines pay!)
Covid-19 PM sends in Oz Army to Lockdown NT Aboriginal Bottle'O's...(Sorted!)

Covid Lockdown gave Police power to enforce vengeful racial payback...
Covid Fine Stats show Wealthy towns with high cases copped lowest % of Fines.
(Naturally police feared defending the White Hot viral front line) All cowards there!

Remote Aboriginal Towns is where the Police Camped to put the hammer down.
Arrests on Aborigines was money for jam...go get'em boys..
Completely unjust by percentage of Case / Place / Race .

Coonable 33% Aboriginal (0.04% nsw pop) > 10% of state's covid fines
Waverly 6.7% of Covid cases > 0.79% of Fines
Northern Sydney 5.3% of Covid cases > 0.53% Fines

[Factcheck] Oz Policing was wildly disproportionate & cowered from Hot Spots.

Glebe: Several Police are closing in an Aboriginal Man from both directions.
After he's already been stopped twice in the previous 10 mins...
Says he was on his way to the Police Stn to report police harassment of 37x prior.

Tennant Creek
Known Govt housing shortage, so families squeeze together in remote Oz camps.
NT Police call Army troops to empty out houses for head counts & pour out grog!
24 infringements were served...many were left hiding & remain homeless.

SA/WA Remote Aborigines isolated 14 days between {+} HotDoc & Supermarket.
Aborigines must spend welfare at pricey card rort store for Lib Donor Welfare.
Essentials limit of 2 > Up spend rort...Libs milking corona! (Human rights watch!)

Remote communities were instructed to travel 100kms for welfare compliance
Only to be turned back & isolate a further 2 weeks! Again! Again!

All 1st Nation Island Tinnie Grog & Pot runs were intercepted to 100km offshore.
As PM's Shipload of Hillsong Coronavirus slipped thru undetected to wipe out Oz!

NRL Covid Fines (White & Hos = $4,000) vs (Black & Bros = $20,000 each)
Choose yer friends carefully.

Pandemic Ramps Up Oz Racism...
Cameraman: "Oi! WTF ...You slammed him on his face!"
[ Hillsong Blue Light DJ Mick ]: All Sing! "Cop had a Bad Day!"
{ Hillsong PM Polls Skyrocket }

Credit to: https://covidpolicing.org.au/
https://www.creativespirits.info/aboriginalculture/health/aboriginal-alc...

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 1:00am

Thanks Mike for the reminder how rubbish that Lilley tool was.

Haha. Parp!

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 1:05am

Is this thread called racism or fascism? Are they linked?

Where's this 'interesting stuff' from Blowie fit in?

"I would have deployed brute force ages ago.

And if I was sitting at home fearful for my loved ones I’d be praying for the military to arrive and start exterminating the vermin destroying society and harming innocents.

Not one of those violent protesters is any different from the cop who killed George Floyd. It’s all senseless violence.

Nuke them from orbit. Only way to be sure."

"And they need big death trap fake shops like roach motels which funnel the looters in for the big sleep inside."

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 1:26am

I always wondered what percentage of looters owned their own business or worked for themselves?

(yeah yeah, i know- they never had the opportunity)

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 5:59am

Thanks Indo and TBB .. both thoughtful in depth and insightful writings .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 8:53am

Indigenous people had alcohol to some degree before white fella.

Was it a problem back then as it is in some communities now?

Possibly to some extent as I'm sure where ever alcohol has been drunk to excess it's always caused issue , but certainly nothing at all like today.

Why?

Because it would have been limited, they would have to produce it in doing so it would have to been earnt through time and energy, when you need to produce something you put a personal value on it and you bring respect for what you create.

The issue of value is an important one rarely brought into conversation with Indigenous issues, i rarely agree with Marcia langton but even she has pointed to wealth fare handout's as an issue, she was originally even a supporter of a cashless wealth fare card and payment based on need and not race.
https://www.afr.com/politics/langton-welfare-call-under-fire-20120828-j1xb0

Anyone knows when you are given something instead of earning it, you dont value it like you would if you had earnt it, this is a huge problem for indigenous people.

The others aspect is why people drink, generally boredom or to mask other feelings, before white fella and social welfare, indigenous people would have been too busy to be drinking to excess even if they somehow had stockpiles (that would have often been produced seasonally) , they would have had to put in much time and effort tying to survive, hunting, gathering, dare i say low level farming(just dont get carried away), time would also been taking up by traveling with the seasons for water or an area they knew produced more food at a certain time of year or even for comfort due to influences of seasons, and doing all other kinds of things creating shelter, creating fire, creating weapons or strategy for next hunt, creating art, stories, teaching young ones etc

Basically they would have been too busy to get on the piss, just like most of us are when we pass our twenties and have jobs, families etc

Take those activity's and focus away and you take drive and ambition away, you create boredom and from boredom comes a sense of loss and pain, with alcohol and drugs that boredom and loss for a few hours is replaced by a high or change of reality or even a certain satisfaction comforting melancholy from alcohol.

Basically everybody needs something to strive for to work towards to look forward too a reason to live for thousands of years survival was that main driver along with their belief's, art etc now that has been taken away, the intention of handouts is obviously well meaning but its a huge problem, it sucks life away, i know this personally from being on the dole for years when young.

The problem now is you can't go back to a traditional way of life, the world everywhere has changed the only way forward is to adapt to the modern world we now live in to regain that drive and something to strive for, the problem is to do that often means moving from remote communities or even regional areas of work and mixing within non indigenous communities, dare i say the dirty word integration, but the problem is this is seen as cultural destroying, which in a sense it is, but i dont think anyone has come up with a realistic alternative yet.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:00am

"Anyone knows when you are given something instead of earning it, you dont value it like you would if you had earnt it, this is a huge problem for indigenous people."
Perhaps the same could be said for those whom took a country and didn't earn it or the respect of it's inhabitants. Perhaps the value of said country and inhabitants is lost upon them too.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:05am

Well said bluediamond

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:05am

I was thinking the same thing BD.

But how do you reconcile that now?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:10am

Yeah Indo, they are drunks and the only solution is to destroy their culture and integrate. I'm sure all your Koori mates are in full agreement. When you're white you're right, and you are as white and right as they come.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:31am

Zen, nothing imposed on our indigenous nations has worked so let’s start listening and acting on what they say and ask for starting with the Uluru Statement From the Heart.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 2:31pm

Yep here above we have a few classic cliche examples of why things are most likely never going to change.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 4:11pm

Yep here above we have a classic cliche example of someone of relative privilege from outside the indigenous community telling them what's best .... but hey resurcher keep on tossing your indefensible bullshit out there.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 4:45pm

It's actually just a reply to truebluebasher post its often hard to understand what points he was trying to make, but i was just expanding on the topic.

If it's all bullshit as you say, i challenge you to have a debate and prove my points wrong, ideally do it in a civil manner without insults.

I dare you to prove me wrong, if im so wrong it should be quite easy yeah.

I expect the reply will be something like im not going to waste my time or its not my place to say or some similar cop out.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 4:44pm

Hi Zenagain. I personally think sacrificing our own privileged lifestyle is a start. You can't have equality without giving something back (politics, media, industry, realestate, economy??) to those who are on the wrong side of the balance. What that is, is like guysmiley said, all about listening. How that starts, i have no idea but i for one would be willing to sacrifice many of my privileges in my life for the sake of the greater good and the historical significance that doing so will place on this generation, as opposed to those who have continually oppressed and/or ignored the issue. Whether we like it or not, there is a movement happening from Indigenous Australian's.(which is epic!) There is alot of anger and resentment from 200 plus years that is boiling to the surface. We are responsible for the past if we continue to sweep it under the carpet, And like Brutus mentioned in another post, this is a culture that has a whole lot more to it than we have simplified down to our whitey categorisation. But yeah, the complexities of each and every step forwward are a bit beyond a Swellnet contributor.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 6:06pm

... and give you and your bullshit more oxygen resurcher, nah

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 6:23pm

As i said would happen no counter argument, just an excuse just a cop out, because you cant prove me wrong, you know what i am saying is correct.

Because what i have said is really just commonsense.

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 8:33pm

I think you're onto something there Vic, re the woofer trade. I suppose the woofer trade helps offset the shitty deal farmers get from the big two, surfaces in the media every 5 years or so but nothing ever done about it (No surprises, just like the banks). Their unclaimed super is another thing I wonder about, where is it? Who has it?

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 10:02pm

I'd rather be black and rich than white and poor.
I'd rather be white and rich than black and poor.
It all comes down to money.
More $$$ in the white world though, hence more opportunities.
Acknowledge white wealth has been garnered through black exploitation throughout the ages.
BTW the muslims started the slave trade. Plenty of rich arabs and I wouldn't want to be one of them.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 10:16pm

Probably the second rarely ever said sentence after "stop sucking my dick" would be "gee, I wish I was an Arab".

Paging Viclocal..,

views from the ... Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 10:25pm

LOL

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 10:34pm

Where's "I wish I was a Queenslander" sit?

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:34pm

Alcohol is used to drug all slaves equally B&W & Women...
Railway workers were forced to 1st build Taverns ahead of the Line.
This was to get them drunk, pay them less then claw back 100% of wages on grog.

Ports are lined with Inns...here sex slaves & Drugs are shipped in for Navy / Sailors.
Again to extract every last dollar back by the Shipping Companies.

The Mines...especially Gold Mines were surrounded by Pubs with Women & Drugs.

All hardest of shift workers were the heaviest drinkers & abusers of Women.
Women are regarded as Sluts in these Camps / Ports / Mining Towns.
Any beating they copped was expected as norm & rarely investigated as a crime.

Of same construct is an isolated Aboriginal Camp & women suffer the same fate.
The overriding fact being Women are denied equal security & financial freedom.
It matters less the activity or lack of it but the ruling nature of the drunken men.

Women gather / work / earn equally & freely in Civic venues, Clubs or footy.
In towns, Men will unite to evict their own brother for simply swearing at a lady.
It matters less if Man or Woman is working playing, serving or being served...
We all know it's the controlled setting that crosses the line...just add grog! Kaboom!

Welfare Card disempowers Aboriginal Women by harking back to wage theft.

1977-2007 CDEP (Community Development Employment Projects)
http://cdep.com.au/default.aspx%3Fid%3D2
Employed 8,000 Aborigines when Howard swapped it for Lib donor Card Rort.
Howard dumped the artzy jobz scheme & felt entitled to rake back the Mob's Dole.
Govt could Launder Oz taxpayers money thru Aborigines back into Lib Party coffers.
Ditch 8,000 Mob Jobs...perhaps not a good start & only goes downhill from here.

Women are stigmatised with each & every card transaction > (She's one of those!)
State/s Police record higher Aboriginal Prostitution & Domestic Violence.
State/s Health records Lower birth weights & delayed Schooling. (Despite Card Rules!)
Aboriginal Women have less financial security with Card/s & this is screaming loud.

Card Panels (4 police of equal race / sex) >1 being the serving Police, yes all Police!
Cops decide which Card's get lowered from 80/70/60 > (50% Cash Card Lotto)
These Town Panel cops can flick you off any rate at any time...so suck up to cops!
Only those who pay their rent on time...need apply.(To the victor go the spoils!)
Rent options are severely restricted to avoid mate share...Only full title permitted.
So much for clawing back outta poverty...Cops only help the Rich in Card Society.
55% of Cards (21,000) Max out (No Funds) due to restrictive Lib rort mark ups!

Elderly & Veterans are exempt from [Card] & are now exploited.
Once respected frail Elders our now viewed as sitting ducks with targets on them.

Cash empowered Aboriginal Women...could once bargain peace for up to 10 days.
The women could divide & hide cash for Gran & Kids or even placate the Beast.
Now! Hand over Card to Bully, spend 14 days as a slave. (Bargaining power gone)
Typical Lib Policy...Men run the finances > Little Women obey your Men Folk...
These cards only need a pin...every bully in town spends card & chucks it back!

Oz poorest Women & Families are restricted from purchasing fresh local Produce.
Banned from purchasing 2nd hand / Furniture / Whitegoods in Local economy.
All local markets (Traditional Aboriginal Traders) are not card compliant. (No Jobz!)
The card sucks Aboriginal employment & empowerment > hands it to Lib's Corps.

No pocket money spare to employ Local Kids or assist young couples (Weddings!)
Humbugging! Kids constantly pester Mothers for Govt contraband Pool or Lollies.
No tuckshop allowed & 25% say kids are worse off!

State Buses / Trains refuse the [Card] Start up car is illegal & none can save for one.
Only expensive taxi rides.(Re: Cabbie's Rort Rates if yer out of money)

Mob Rule!
Taxis are non receipted so can milk a delay or detour...Money is added onto Fare.
Billed onto card & difference is split in cash to agreed percentage.
Family & outta town Aborigines & Supermarket Booze add on are all similar rates.

Lib's Pov' Card Exchange Rate for Cattle Class Australians
Lib Pov' Card $100 = $70 AUD (Aussie Cabbie's Rates)
Lib Pov' Card $150 = $100 AUD (Aussie Hotel Rates)

Same horse trading is done for ciggies & so forth...Toughest Mob Rules the Street.
Situation is Now Mobz Rule...Police request Dogz & Army to approach Card Mobz.
Card has empowered Mob Bullys to rule over Community & Police are shit scared.
Most of community are now to scared to report on the Cash Card Secret Society

Police Stats...(As said are up but now very few report the Card corrupted crimes)
Youth+Crime / DV / Drinking / Smokes / Drugs / Anxiety / Depression-all figures up!
Health Authorities requested Govt to invest in Drug / AA Rehab for health concern.
Recovery > Skill set > Job programs..(Nope! None of that 'round here no more!)

Whilst researching...the overwhelming complaint was of the endless Govt cover up.
Govt stooges > pull out all stops to twist & massage their own putrid mess.
Twiggy's retarded fake reports..calls for more Aboriginal donations to Lib Party!

Aborigines, University's, Global Press / Foundations, Oz welfare / Health say No!

Once Polls hit 90% for welfare card > lucky to get 10% now!
https://m.thechronicle.com.au/polls/cashless-card-those-welfare-good-ide...

Lib card clearly halves welfare...Australia has had enough of this Class warfare.

https://theaimn.com/social-security-privatisation-and-income-management-...
https://www.vinnies.org.au/icms_docs/301475_CashlessDebitCard_Briefing_F...
https://theconversation.com/as-costs-mount-the-government-should-abandon...

https://www.qcoss.org.au/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/QCOSS-Review-of-the-...

Class Warfare Card

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:22pm

Probably somewhere in between the Arab and "I think I'll retire in Morley."

wally's picture
wally's picture
wally Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 11:22pm