COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 6:19pm

"au contraire monkeyboy, what I think has happened is rules are now optional, people are ropeable, governments are terrified of trying to enforce anything like them (Albo and masks in latest wave) or anything that is actually sensible in a historical context (foot & mouth)..."

yep, the tentativeness of those in authority this time round is palpable to say the least... perhaps appropritely so...

but a little concerning to say the least...

"...We all saw the 4x4s up at Ningaloo going wherever the fuck they wanted, selfishness now rules supreme, social media is justification. It's an intense, absolutely intense self-centredness and 'I'm alright Jack'. The idea of a community response to a pandemic is toast..."

totally!

but the self centredness wasn't totally unfostered...

public good will squandered on a massive scale!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 6:33pm

"...Agree also that it was/is political bullshit, they have burned any remaining stock they had here, will never listen to them again for life."

scary to think well educated conservative (moderate not political) intelligent people can feel like this, after such a supposedly 'uniting' experience such as the 'pandemic' we just went through...

joe public is scarred and scorned

moderate, well educated, often the voice of reason joe public

big big lessons for the forever deplorable basketing stoks of the world in there...

such a divided future is truly frightening

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 7:11pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Right now Roadkill is basically the Good German in late 1945. He’s just spent the past few years dobbing in Jews to the authorities and spreading as much anti-Semitic filth as he possibly can. Now that Germany is losing the war he’s starting to say - “ The science on Jews being the root of all evil has changed. A level headed person recognises when it’s time to think about not feeding them into the gas chambers.”

Then he makes snide comments about people who said he shouldn’t be killing people over religion in the first place.

?????

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 8:07pm

Just thought I'd throw this in here.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 8:12pm
Roadkill wrote:

We were never lied to from day 1. Decisions were made based off current info and certain desired outcomes. Public health was of paramount concern when the whole show started. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

Want are you talking about ?? Jesus Christ mate do you honestly believe that their are people out there that do not know exactly where this virus started? ? It’s been a cover up from day 1. Cover up/ lie, who gives a stuff , it’s still dishonest
Do you not think that the smartest * scientist in the world couldnt determine that after taking a vaccine we were fully protected? I’d give them one day if that to work out. So why come out and say we were when we were not
So if they lied about that then what’s to say they’re not lying when they be carry on saying it’s safe for 6month olds and above?
The lies are never ending , they’re staring you straight in the face. Fk knows why you can’t see it. You and your mates have shitted me the whole way through it. So smug.
Credit to ya. I guess.

troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy's picture
troppo dichotomy Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 8:33pm

Through the pandemic I've been out buying booze,surf boards,wax n condoms(yes in that exact order) whilst the public started panic buying and stock piling freaking toilet paper?
Toilet paper,that one i didn't see coming?I don't use it
but it did make me realize how full of shit people are!

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 9:34pm
Alana_a wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

We were never lied to from day 1. Decisions were made based off current info and certain desired outcomes. Public health was of paramount concern when the whole show started. To say otherwise is simply wrong.

Want are you talking about ?? Jesus Christ mate do you honestly believe that their are people out there that do not know exactly where this virus started? ? It’s been a cover up from day 1. Cover up/ lie, who gives a stuff , it’s still dishonest
Do you not think that the smartest * scientist in the world couldnt determine that after taking a vaccine we were fully protected? I’d give them one day if that to work out. So why come out and say we were when we were not
So if they lied about that then what’s to say they’re not lying when they be carry on saying it’s safe for 6month olds and above?
The lies are never ending , they’re staring you straight in the face. Fk knows why you can’t see it. You and your mates have shitted me the whole way through it. So smug.
Credit to ya. I guess.

It hasn't even started yet the horror is coming.Get stuff done while you can the last couple of years have been a cakewalk.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 22 Jul 2022 at 9:41pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

https://twitter.com/NBCNewYork/status/1550164891142602752

Just thought I'd throw this in here.

It’s alright VJ, if you’ve got a healthy immune system you’ve got nothing to worry about.
Anything else is fear mongering.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 6:35am
Alana_a wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Credit to ya. I guess.

Draw a timeline, ya village idiot. Then at least try and understand how things started and changed over the next few years.

Just to help you, the WHO declared covid a worldwide pandemic on 11 March 2020.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 6:35am
Snuffy Smith wrote:
Alana_a wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Credit to ya. I guess.

It hasn't even started yet the horror is coming.Get stuff done while you can the last couple of years have been a cakewalk.

Nah nah I’m just pointing out a few things to a bloke who’s ignorantly held the same line the whole way through and he’s not the only one. You’re in there too. Then he has the audacity the other day to claim he’s actually one of very few on here that’s made concessions along the way. Fkn lol.

It’s all good snuff, it’ll all blow over soon.

In a strange way I’m glad I lived through a pandemic* like this. I’m not ashamed to say it’s wised me up.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 6:37am
Roadkill wrote:
Alana_a wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Credit to ya. I guess.

Draw a timeline, ya village idiot. Then at least try and understand how things started and changed over the next few years.

Just to help you, the WHO declared covid a worldwide pandemic on 11 March 2020.

So what?

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 6:43am

I e just drawn one roady and looking at the data from the Swellnet forum.. we can conclude you’ve had your head up your arse the whole way through

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 7:44am

I liked it when roadkill referred to himself as level headed.

What a warped human.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 8:10am
Alana_a wrote:
Snuffy Smith wrote:
Alana_a wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Credit to ya. I guess.

Nah nah I’m just pointing out a few things to a bloke who’s ignorantly held the same line the whole way through and he’s not the only one. You’re in there too. Then he has the audacity the other day to claim he’s actually one of very few on here that’s made concessions along the way. Fkn lol.

It’s all good snuff, it’ll all blow over soon.

In a strange way I’m glad I lived through a pandemic* like this. I’m not ashamed to say it’s wised me up.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

“I’m not ashamed to say it’s wised me up.”

Coming off such a low base, not too much to be proud of.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 8:39am

Good on ya mate, keep advocating to keep people from seeing their loved ones whilst they pass away alone.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 12:50pm

A you can’t argue against this article for the let it rip crowd

https://www.theage.com.au/national/grandmother-hypothesis-revisited-the-...

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 1:31pm

No doubt GS.
But what was the advice / alternatives to treat the illness? Bugger all info at all at the time and doctors who suggested out of the box treatments were threatened with de rego. It’s mellowed now and it’s great to see the elderly out and about more but I can guarantee there’s still a considerable amount who will live out the rest of lives locked in doors such was the amount of fear mongering coming from the tvs and radio.
It’s quiet clear now that the abuse or desensitisation of the elder has been going on way before COVID came around.
To link anti vaxers to not giving a Fk about the elderly is a long stretch of the bow.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:03pm

first comment to come up on that article sums it up...

"So, people over 50 may have some value to the rest of the community. Wow. Who knew?"

https://www.theage.com.au/national/grandmother-hypothesis-revisited-the-...
p

a certain side of politics has spent recent decades demonising 'old white dudes' incessantly ... with some fall out no doubt falling on old white dudettes...

they have also gone hard dismantling the family unit, 'the nuclear family', and a heap of other institutions...

the modern western world has little respect for old people - whereas in asian cultures, rich or poor, there is the utmost respect for their elders, and they are valued and cared for appropriately, for the wisdom of age as much as anything else...

yes, old people have had way too much pull in the past, (and baby boomers have way too much money and self interested sway in politics...)

...or moreso, in the recent past, young people's concerns and idealism have been far too readily dismissed... but those days are well passed...

we now have a hollywood culture (of uber wokester, corona fear peddlng faucci lovers ironically) totally obsessed with youth, to the point of being perverse... and young people are now also greatly empowered with the growth of the 'digital natives' and 'digital immigrants' divide forever gaining pace, ...to the point where anyone over 50 was thrown on the scrap heap... not so long ago...

one great benefit of the post corona / 'nativist' movement full employment revolution, is oldies can actually get a job now, and their worth has found new appreciation ...only through neccesity!

our current thinking and predicament has many catalysts, and sadly, the genie will probably never go back in the bottle

it doesn't have to be 'let her rip' versus full blown authoritarian nanny state...

asian cultures, and many poorer nations, have dealt with covid with great success and respect, with sparse resources, not over the top nanny state-ness, and, not with an elderly population locked away in old person home corona incubators...

whilst I agree with much sentiment in the article, it also comes from a very narrow, cherry picked insular australian perspective

it's been a long road to here, with many 'developments' contributing to our 'fuck you, Im alright jack' attitudes, not least the re-pogramming of neoliberalism - from both sides of politics! - and all hat that brings...

sadly, I believe it now almost impossible to undo these 'developments'. and know that most of our current supposedly overloaded hospital woes, are more the result of under investment, over the top migration, the private health system lobbyists, and some really poor channeling of investment post the spawning of corona...

it really ain't that bad... now... but some have a narrative they are so so heavily invested in, they will just continue to sell it...

regardless

of anything!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:06pm

Remember when the governments were telling you to get vaccinated to protect the community?

If you did it to protect grandma what do you think now?

The data was always there to show that the vaccine did not stop transmission it was just hidden under the fear propaganda fed to the world daily.

You should never forgot the lies told to get everyone vaccinated.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:19pm

“…. To link anti vaxers to not giving a Fk about the elderly …”

Huh??
I’m in the grey camp not the black or white one

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:19pm

Huh??

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:25pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Huh??

Sorry, not having a go at you. Just saying.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:28pm

The SN covidiots never gave a fuck about the elderly…and said so numerous times.

So yes, the anti vaxers never gave a fuck about the elderly. Empathy was never shown…never, ever.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:43pm
Roadkill wrote:

The SN covidiots never gave a fuck about the elderly…and said so numerous times.

So yes, the anti vaxers never gave a fuck about the elderly. Empathy was never shown…never, ever.

No mate, that’s where you’re wrong.

We knew us being vaccinated would not stop transmission to the elderly. Another “conspiracy theory” that came true.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 3:00pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

We knew us being vaccinated would not stop transmission to the elderly. Another “conspiracy theory” that came true.

Fuck ‘em. They are old and would die of the flu if not covid, so we demand are rights to cough and sneeze in their faces…we refuse to do anything to minimise their risk of catching COVID. It’s only our rights that count the rest can go and fuck off.

That sums up the attitude of the SN covidiots of which you are co captain.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 2:59pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

“People die” was your very recent response regarding caring about the elderly & vulnerable within our communities. You’re a class act burleigh.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 3:06pm

Damn Sweden and Finland don’t give a Fk about the elderly. Bastards

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 3:17pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

You knew it didn't stop transmission? You self diagnosed yourself with covvid and told us all you carried on as normal out in the community. Refused to wear a mask or isolate. RightO, that displays some odd care for others.

All this stuff you KNEW, yet never once gave any evidence or proof.. so actually you didn’t knew anything. Just saying something is not evidence or proof.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 4:07pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

You knew it didn't stop transmission? You self diagnosed yourself with covvid and told us all you carried on as normal out in the community. Refused to wear a mask or isolate. RightO, that displays some odd care for others.

All this stuff you KNEW, yet never once gave any evidence or proof.. so actually you didn’t knew anything. Just saying something is not evidence or proof.

I never went out in the community. Usual dribble from the village fruitloop

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 5:18pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

I never went out in the community. Usual dribble from the village fruitloop

The story changes now. Lmao

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 6:20pm

I was 'vax hesitant' but got it anyway because of the elderly and vulnerable people in my life. Not because of any of the other bullshit restrictions.
Lot's of people took 'one for the team' but still cop shit for dare questioning the crap.
Getting a bit sick of the animosity from both camps .

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Saturday, 23 Jul 2022 at 7:32pm

Im in the same boat tubes

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 24 Jul 2022 at 3:30pm

"I knew these vaccines were not going to protect against infection and I think we overplayed the vaccines ..."

errrr.... ya think?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SKMorefield/status/1550586541239635969?ref_sr...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 24 Jul 2022 at 5:51pm
sypkan wrote:

"I knew these vaccines were not going to protect against infection and I think we overplayed the vaccines ..."

errrr.... ya think?

https://mobile.twitter.com/SKMorefield/status/1550586541239635969?ref_sr...

Whoever publicly said “get vaccinated to protect your community” should be charged.

This is why majority of people got vaccinated.

They knew this and played on your Aussie spirit of helping a mate.

Fucking grubs

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 24 Jul 2022 at 9:08pm

Yep they should Burleigh. And every other do-gooder fk wit who took it upon themselves to EVER (just once) suggest or encourage, needs a mandatory mirror placed on their front door. Facing in and from Freedom of course..

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 3:23pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 6:22pm
icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 7:07pm
burleigh wrote:

Australia 3rd highest death toll in the world.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-07-25/covid-19-stats-australia-death-ra...

Deaths rates per capita during this week. Different to death toll. We have a relatively low population therefore the per capita rate is high. Misleading post.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 7:08pm

What an absolute pile of decaying shit this thread is.

Alright, we get it, you cooked units think this is all planned and is the beginning of the end. Covid was invented to jab everyone with vaccines forever, because the WEF said so. People who complied with the medical recommendations are just the worst and eventually the freebloods will hold a public shaming and hang all those who thought vaccines were the right course of action.

Is there really any point of continuing to waste your precious time on this?

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 7:26pm
Stok wrote:

Fair call Stok. Like a car accident - it's hard not to look. The answer is no.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 7:28pm
Stok wrote:

Alright, we get it, you cooked units think this is all planned and is the beginning of the end. Covid was invented to jab everyone with vaccines forever, because the WEF said so. People who complied with the medical recommendations are just the worst and eventually the freebloods will hold a public shaming and hang all those who thought vaccines were the right course of action.

Weird way to say sorry and you were wrong, but ill take it.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 25 Jul 2022 at 7:47pm
burleigh wrote:

So in other words, hit the RATs and consider getting a booster.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 6:36am
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Makes sense. If something didn’t work the first three times why not try again.

Isn’t there a saying about that? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 8:18am

How we have been turned into sceptics by the media and experts overpromising with "solutions" in the name of the greater good:

Headline:
"We conducted the largest study on masks and covid-19: They work"

The results were striking. Our interventions tripled the proportion of people wearing masks: 13 percent of people wore them in the control villages, 42 percent in the “intervention” villages. This in turn led to a 9 percent reduction of community-level symptomatic coronavirus infections.

Our study showed conclusively that masks are a cost-effective way to reduce infections and demonstrated that a mask-promotion strategy can work."

from study, involving 600 Bangladeshi villages

Mmmmmmmm 9% reduction - striking.

A massive own goal for future health messaging.

Distracted's picture
Distracted's picture
Distracted Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 8:57am
icandig wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Deaths rates per capita during this week. Different to death toll. We have a relatively low population therefore the per capita rate is high. Misleading post.

Isn’t the issue with this data that they are reporting patients who died that had Covid…. not due to Covid.
As higher rate of community infection occurs, then number of people dying with Covid will also increase?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 9:15am

Decaying shit ei Stok… Haha It’s been the same for 2 yrs and you’ve been an active participant.

Sure you’re not going through that uncomfortable realisation that that decaying shit stench is actually coming from your shoe?

icandig's picture
icandig's picture
icandig Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 10:30am
Distracted wrote:
icandig wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Isn’t the issue with this data that they are reporting patients who died that had Covid…. not due to Covid.
As higher rate of community infection occurs, then number of people dying with Covid will also increase?

Nah - the issue is that Burleigh for whatever reason posts a link to an article with incorrect hyperbole about death tolls. The article doesn't even support his position. It's probably an ego thing. Maybe he's spoiling for an argument. Idiots like me bite back. God knows why. I'll try to restrain myself in the future. But just to balance the ledger.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1093256/novel-coronavirus-2019ncov-d...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 10:30am
burleigh wrote:
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Makes sense. If something didn’t work the first three times why not try again.

Isn’t there a saying about that? Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.

Nothing controversial there, if you're sick you stay away from other people, if you're at risk you get a vaccination.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 26 Jul 2022 at 11:26am

The best ever was guy in NZ is shot dead by Police...the anti vax crowd attributes his death to the covid vax.