COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 30 May 2022 at 5:42pm
Roadkill wrote:

All cover ups…doctors being silenced..yada yada yada govt control yada yada yada bill gates is behind it yada yada yada not a conspiracy yada yada yada..1 world govt yada yada yada…organic avo on toast cures everything.

How’s ya 3 jabs going? Recon it helped? Lol

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Monday, 30 May 2022 at 7:43pm

Doctors and nurses are being silenced Roadkill, have been for nearly a year now.
Doctors are threatened with punishment if they prescribe Ivermectin for Covid, despite the fact that many off label drugs are used freely for other reasons without much in the way of evidence either for or against. Stuff like that can make you deeply cynical, conspiracy theorist or not

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:04pm

meh.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:10pm

At least 50 monkeyboy
i had an error in mine thats why i edited

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:05pm
udo wrote:

Here's four to start with Ben Craig Stu and Mark Richards

Ta.

I withdrew my comment, trying to say away from this toxic thread. Had a relapse....sorry.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:12pm
monkeyboy wrote:

meh.

Not so meh if you’re a doctor or nurse MB. First time in history they’ve been threatened with punishment for talking in corridors or voicing their opinion on the Internet

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:24pm

TD - doctors and nurses, and pretty much most professionals, do experience repercussions for contravening standards and regulations. Nothing unusual.

It's just the fearful conspiracy theorists who've built this up into the beast it is now. Trying to make it about some dark force secretly and powerfully punishing those who do not obey.

People fear what they don't understand - and they become cynical and closed minded. They look for answers to suit their narrative. The truth was too much for some people (covid was never properly understood, nor was a collective decision properly made on how to best manage it - and it could have gone really, really bad) - hence why they search out answers themselves and soon ended up talking about the great reset or something.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:30pm

Oh - and how spectacularly did Clive and the other freedumb drongos fail? The silent majority? The millions upon millions who marched upon parliaments demanding an end to vax mandates?

Wait, is it maybe the case that these people are just a few thousand nutbags? The antivax brigade talked the talk, roped in a few frustrated and angry serial protesters - and thought they were running a revolution?

The vast, vast majority of sane Australians voted for a party which in a lot of ways represented the cautious approach to pandemic management.

You can say that all Australians are asleep, are sheep, or whatever else makes you feel slightly more relevant. But the truth is - they're not. They're informed, savy enough not to fall down dumb Instagram rabbit holes and, much, much smarter than ol' Clive and co gave them credit for with his ridiculously embarassing billboards. Man, what a loser.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:33pm

Cok, do you believe lies were told to get people vaccinated. In Australia and around the world?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:44pm

Not really, however, i do believe your flimsy world view is built on a number of lies and outrageously wrong takes on science (medical, political and social science, among others).

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Monday, 30 May 2022 at 9:10pm

Wrong Stok. Unprecedented punishment for expressing your opinion in contrary to the official party line. At best,the usual standards of evidence for the vaccines were not adhered to because of the urgency of the situation.That’s not conspiracy, that’s the basis for the EUA.
But as a doctor or nurse, if you criticism this decision, even if you cite peer reviewed evidence to justify your opinion, you will potentially be punished

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 30 May 2022 at 9:53pm
Stok wrote:

Oh - and how spectacularly did Clive and the other freedumb drongos fail? The silent majority? The millions upon millions who marched upon parliaments demanding an end to vax mandates?

Wait, is it maybe the case that these people are just a few thousand nutbags? The antivax brigade talked the talk, roped in a few frustrated and angry serial protesters - and thought they were running a revolution?

The vast, vast majority of sane Australians voted for a party which in a lot of ways represented the cautious approach to pandemic management.

You can say that all Australians are asleep, are sheep, or whatever else makes you feel slightly more relevant. But the truth is - they're not. They're informed, savy enough not to fall down dumb Instagram rabbit holes and, much, much smarter than ol' Clive and co gave them credit for with his ridiculously embarassing billboards. Man, what a loser.

or...

the whole thing was just so totally (appropriately) insignificant by the time the election came around...

thanks to ol' clive and a bunch of drongos putting clowns like dan andrews and some mindless minions in their place

not before time

thankfully

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 30 May 2022 at 10:03pm

It is still compulsory for a large number of employees in nsw and vic to be double vaccinated.
Ridiculous, damaging and not forgotten.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Monday, 30 May 2022 at 10:06pm

Isn’t it every state? Still.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 30 May 2022 at 10:44pm
bonza wrote:

It is still compulsory for a large number of employees in nsw and vic to be double vaccinated.
Ridiculous, damaging and not forgotten.

yep

Ridiculous, damaging and not forgotten

definitely not forgotten... but the vaccines (and the virus) are now so insignificantly insignificant to your average joe - after two years of the most absolute ridiculousness - that it's all just become background noise...

aside from the die hard anti everything bridgade - most people just suck it up and get on with life - their tolerance levels of the ridiculous have found such new highs - they'll do just about anything to shut up your dictator dans, vicidiots and stoks...

anything!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 30 May 2022 at 10:49pm

except a 'booster...

fuck, even roadkill is suss on them!

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Monday, 30 May 2022 at 10:49pm
seeds wrote:

Isn’t it every state? Still.

Not sure seeds. Can’t keep up.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 2:15am

Herd Immunity Equation is a base marker that was abused to dictate Mandates (There are many others!)
Just this formula alone can explain away our Govt's orchestrated rabid attack on our civil liberties.
Here's how it compensates or acts as a counter-lever for Mass Vaxing > resultant Mutations.

Mass Vax muscles up to the increasing majority Virus which in turn lowers Vax efficacy...(Natural!)
Covid pressures majority Vaxerz by breaking thru > lowering efficacy in turn Vax infection rate ramps.

Ask! Why would Covid target an ever diminishing isolated unvaxed resource...it would starve to death.
Not sure how many understand the size & appetite of our guest.

Actual Oz Expert ramped Mandate formula... simply reflects the swing from Unvaxed > Vaxed majority.
Sure! Covid's ever increasing target resource...simply natural evolution...nothing tricky about it!
Delta made short work of Vaxers Neutralizing ABs > BA.2 is now decoding Non Neutralizing AB's.

All know what happens when Covid continues to outsmart Vaxer'z vital last line of makeshift defence.
Repeated infectious patients with scant inner defence...That's yer looming Health Crisis! Shocking!
There is a plan in place...but not by WHO or experts, just know there are kind Hesitants ready to assist.
People concerned know where to access in kind info...or tbb is OK to link it...nuthin' suss! (No anti Vax!)
Again...it's not on A4 glossies but buried within Zoom interviews with fearful who tread cautiously!
Can load the interviews & cue up the Time Stamps if any are into these End of World Rollout Plans.

As our Orchestrated Rollout goes off the rails it needs a fail safe...(Kill Switch...like this!)
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/39/6c/c2/396cc241c35d6522349c837325e2e21b...

Only Rule is to race the Rollout before being beaten to 50% efficacy or game over.
Some nerdy Dickhead Experts sold it as a Herd Immunity Game Board for our {VIP} Dictators.
(Clue : It's not & never was, nor could ever be with the type of Vax used in our Rollouts & they know it!)
Less about the Variants but makes for a handy Mass Vax pressure meter thingy...one of those!

July 2021 Oz only successful Vax designer / maker > "Vax will increase infectiousness!"...he was right!
Check here ...scroll thru the wannabe's bullshit to the last real & sadly only decent "Expert Advice!"
Last 2 paragraphs make light work of Mandates & Fake {VIP} Passports...happy to dig it out & share.
https://www.scimex.org/newsfeed/expert-reaction-why-are-fully-vaccinated...
Data since proved Nik's rebel yell was bang on the money...& so it should be as he is ahead of the game!
He was then locked outta his own Lab & trials banned for being Double Vaxed with our only Oz Vax.
Every other pea-brain Oz expert lied every single day onward & picked up bonuses thanx...#%*! Losers!
Most of Oz experts contradict themselves from one month to next or even in same interview! True!
All laugh at their regular Vax Data Censorship to fool the boss. Oops! I did it again!

Credit to Raina for raw Efficacy Table...it was adopted worldwide but sadly abused as a power tool!
tbb adds prog' VOC timeline > Mix'n'match yer own cool Police State Mandates...just for kicks! Ouch!

How to orchestrate yer very own fucked up expert mandated Dictator Dan Vax Rollout for dummies!
VOC vax[-] > Vax Pop%
Alpha 95% > 63% (Stick with intro lies about how Lone Star Silver Bullet shot can kill off the beast!)
Beta 90% > 66% (Rollout the swanky coercive {VIP} Pass for Free Parmie'n'Beer @ Red Hot Disco)
Kappa 80% > 75% (Start yer Fear Campaign! Mandate Frontline & Sports Bet FIFO) re: COVIDSafe Pie!
Delta 70% > 86% (Vax is leaking really fast "Panic!" > Ramp up Max Mandate > ban all Hesitants)
Omicron 60% > 100% (National Guard > Rubber Bullets ) Shoot / Smash / Trash & deport Hesitants!
BA.2 50% > Privatize Mandates and on-sell My Health to Tech stalkers & rort Covid Safe packages!

{ In case of Emergency...Smash Glass Vials...Yes! All of them! Leave no trace & fire up the Gerni }

Plan B : Administer Free Mass Flu Vax to stem the flow...Wot Now! We cross our fingers & pray!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 8:05am
tylerdurden wrote:

Wrong Stok. Unprecedented punishment for expressing your opinion in contrary to the official party line. At best,the usual standards of evidence for the vaccines were not adhered to because of the urgency of the situation.That’s not conspiracy, that’s the basis for the EUA.
But as a doctor or nurse, if you criticism this decision, even if you cite peer reviewed evidence to justify your opinion, you will potentially be punished

Punished?

Nah....if you're that way inclined to feel you know better than your colleagues and the people who manage and set the standards, you won't be punished.

In fact, you'll gain a cult following, probably get paid more and spend your days guest appearing on podcasts, far right talk shows and at various other events where you'll be hailed as the hero humanity needs.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 8:06am
tylerdurden wrote:

Punished?

Nah....if you're that way inclined to feel you know better than your colleagues and the people who manage and set the standards, you won't be punished.

In fact, you'll gain a cult following, probably get paid more and spend your days guest appearing on podcasts, far right talk shows and at various other events where you'll be hailed as the hero humanity needs.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 9:37am

And yet Stok doctors and nurses are free to do that with every other disease.
Action gets taken against doctors and nurses if there is a poor patient outcome or the patient is aggrieved.
No so with Covid. A doctor prescribes Ivermectin they get reprimanded or punished irrespective of the patient outcome. Ditto re the vaccines, speak negatively about them and potentially cop it, even if you can validate your opinion with evidence

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 10:07am

This debate is now just hugely amusing. As health care costs continue to balloon anyone who works in the hospital system knows, that if it cheap and it works then we will use it (the cheaper the better), be that equipment, staff or medications.

But then, there wouldn't be a conspiracy I guess...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 10:19am
san Guine wrote:

This debate is now just hugely amusing. As health care costs continue to balloon anyone who works in the hospital system knows, that if it cheap and it works then we will use it (the cheaper the better), be that equipment, staff or medications.

Why I deeply respect that you’re a healthcare worker, this statement is very amusing at your expense (pun intended)

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 10:28am
burleigh wrote:
san Guine wrote:

Why I deeply respect that you’re a healthcare worker, this statement is very amusing at your expense (pun intended)

The cost to me has been my mental health, not so amusing

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 10:59am
san Guine wrote:
burleigh wrote:
san Guine wrote:

The cost to me has been my mental health, not so amusing

I do feel you. My businesses have taken huge losses since the beginning of Covid putting relentless pressure on myself and has also taken a huge toll on my mental health.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 12:43pm

"I do feel you"

You are the little worm that has zero fucks to give to health workers...you said they should stop whinging as they signed up to the job.
The only person you have ever had empathy for or cared about is yourself....hypocritical clown that you are.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 1:27pm
Roadkill wrote:

"I do feel you"

You are the little worm that has zero fucks to give to health workers...you said they should stop whinging as they signed up to the job.
The only person you have ever had empathy for or cared about is yourself....hypocritical clown that you are.

Hahahahaha the triple whacked nut job is here. Go have a lay down toady. You’re still recovering from covid that you caught 1 month ago

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 1:55pm

The battle between those whom just want to be left alone VS those who just can’t leave other people alone rages on….

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 10:35pm

Oz Hospital Covid Data (Exclusive to swellnet)
Hospital Data is only given on daily basis (No Cumulative totals)

Hospital Crisis continues with Isolated Staff + Ambo Ramps + lack of reward & respite.

Data is shared as a Salute to Oz frontline to better understand their Crisis!

Oz Monthly Covid Patient Totals
Dec = 3,035 (Peak 27th Dec 140/day) Xmas 25th
Jan = 9,545 (Peak 21st Jan 424/day) Back 2 School
Feb = 6,514 (Peak 1st Feb 375/day) Back 2 School
Mar = 3,237 (Peak 1st March 131/day) Qld/nsw Floods + 3rd WA Open
April = 3,738 (Peak 20th April 161/day) Record Easter Travel 15th-18th
May = 4,177 (Peak 16th May 138/day) AEC Peak / Cut off

Review : Delta + 2021 Mass Monthly Patient Peak is well below 2022 monthly minimum peak
Reveals ongoing rising patient loads with "less" respite for Staff recovery!
Exampling Staff shortages & low morale

Consecutive Peak Days Patient Data
Omicron
2,000/day x 55 days
2,500/day x 45 days
3,000/day x 37 days
Continues with Peak Covid Data....
3,500/day x 31 days > 4,000/day x 25 days > 4,500/day x 20 days > 5,000/day x 10 days

BA.2
2000/day x 71 days (cont...approx + 15 days)
2500/day x 60 days (cont...approx + 30 days)
3,000/day x 33 days (End)...no Higher end Peak but longer as shown!

Review : Again we see maxed out base load of daily cases for longer periods with no end in sight!
Almost as if frontline pray for a heightened patient peak/drop to earn a week's break.
It's clear that Base load Covid dominates Hospitals default purpose each & every day after day!
Vaccine is not reducing severe covid & Vaxed patients are overtaking their Vaxed population rates.

Patients per wave + Avg Patients /day
Omicron (Start) 5th Dec 2021 > 11th March 2022 (End)
20,222 patients over 90 days = 210,64/day avg

BA.2 (Start) 12th March 2022 > 31st May 2022 (Cont...approx + 20 days returning to Wave start point)
9,902 patients over 80 days = 123.76/day avg
Review : The higher patient daily number is offset by shorter Wave with welcome relief in sight.
Here again we see same ongoing base rate being too high to earn a break over longer period.
Even tbb's approx even point is being optimistic...Frontline could face another wave before this!
Wot then! Poor bastards are already operating on flat out as normal.

Chart Notes: At this point Covid is presenting as an 'increasing prolonged burden' on Health Crisis.
Their Monthly Calendar even shows they're not in a healthy position if current high level is their lull?
Staff would consider this base Crisis level as the new norm with Winter spike to come on soon.

NZ/ WA/ SA / Tas + Canada + UK
Patient Vax status (Crew know this data is corrupted or censored but there is just enough to sort!)
Unvaxed Patients are presenting mostly beneath Population count but can rise slightly above.
Kids / Double Vax move fast either scaling weeks 20% Below their rate or weeks climbing 20% above.
Booster patients are the one constant rising group now presenting slightly above their Vax rate

Review : tbb has followed this for a while & this data presents similar across Commonwealth.
We know that Unvaxed infectious rate has been falling since July'21 > severe illness drop from Jan '22
tbb has also shown unvaxed can "drift" a good while above their rate if 2nd dose is protective...re: next!
2nd dose Hospital rates climbed from Jun'21 > Jan'22 > dropped down then rising again to present.
Booster Hospital rates climbed from Jan '22 > Present > Still rising the fastest of all groups!

This being the case...the larger % is now boosted so we can assume current Patient peak has passed...
Should another Mass Booster campaign or Mass Booster wane happen patients would rise again.

Neutralised AB wane has left secondary Non Neutralized AB as last defence (Could be reason in rise!)
Should covid decode & break thru this defence it will present a mass rise in boosted patient numbers!

Oz States 2022 brief overview
SA is nearing 2 months of 200 + patients/day > No relief in sight!
WA patient numbers keep rising to now over 300+ patients/day for over 15 days straight.
Tas continues longest highest patient run for 2 months now...no relief!
Vic patients 2 months high spell shows no signs of backing down.
ACT is the worst affected with patient numbers climbing to today's record Peak (Cold spell warning!)
NSW only had 1 week slip slightly under 1,000/day in whole of 2022 & that was back in mid March
Qld only the month of March presented under 300/day for whole of 2022.
NT warmer weather seems to be keeping many patients at bay for now! (opposite to ACT)

Review : No change...we see this relentless wave of patients present in constant high numbers.
Whole review reinforces this longer never ending wave is the heart of the Crisis!

There can be no doubt NZ/Oz wide Frontline are battling the same Covid Crisis as one!
Only NT has least patients but also least staff to spare...not healthy!
We can & will also check on this ongoing crisis...

Staff Isolation
NSW 2,300 WA 2,200 (100 ambos) Qld 1,600...(Guessing 10,000 Oz wide > measures on high side)
Qld have reinstated some unvaxed in Hospitals...know enough to share it depends on local boards!
Qld refuse PCR tests on staff & only allow 1 RAT / 2nd day.
Covid Leave comes outta Sick leave until maxed out...only then can staff apply for Covid Leave!

Fed Aged Care Frontline.
2,000 [+] each week + 5,700 currently isolating
Don't need tbb to say if that's high & also very high risk.

swellnet crew back the recent & ongoing frontline workers requests for a fair go!

Crew & tbb salute NZ/Oz Frontline both here & about...thanks guys!
We pause to take the time to care, consider & evaluate the Crisis you face daily is very real!
All here can plainly see & feel for your never ending Covid risks.
If we could help more we would...good health to all Health Staff & Frontline!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 11:11am
udo wrote:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/science/article/long-covid-remains-a-...

Wonder why no media cover peoples doctor visits from Vaccine injury?

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 11:47am

Anyone remember the days when National Geographic wasn’t a parody of science and truth? It seems those days are long gone.

Here’s the sub heading from the National Geographic article linked above by Udo:

“For 1 in 3 people who've had COVID-19, the disease turns debilitating and chronic.”

I’m sure that National Geographic would’ve gotten away with printing such bald faced lies not so long ago. I’m just curious how they expect people to swallow such hogwash now that Covid is no longer just an abstract myth generated by fear mongering headlines and news casts? Everyone has either had covid or knows many people who’ve had it and it’s a tough sell to convince people that 1 in 3 suffer from debilitating long covid when everyone knows this to be factually incorrect.

The lies don’t stop coming!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 1:32pm
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 8:27am

welcome to the shit-for-brains knows best thread folks

wax24's picture
wax24's picture
wax24 Monday, 6 Jun 2022 at 11:56pm

Hey San Guine..... just wanted to wish ya well. Saw a comment you made (to Burleigh). Hang in there. Control what ya can, let go of what ya can't, blah, blah. Just hopin you are well. Go get wet.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 8:43am
wax24 wrote:

Hey San Guine..... just wanted to wish ya well. Saw a comment you made (to Burleigh). Hang in there. Control what ya can, let go of what ya can't, blah, blah. Just hopin you are well. Go get wet.

Thanks Wax,
Really appreciate your thoughts. Easily the most challenging time of my whole working career.
Have done a lot of work to keep my head in a good place, including 4 months off with stress leave. Back at work now, have definitely had to lower my own expectations (of myself and of the organisation I work for), I feel so much better but things aren't any better in terms of pressure, the level of stress and anxiety is almost palpable...considering a career change, but it's really hard to leave when you actually love the work you do.
Surfing a lot and this has really helped plus mindfulness, counselling and I am v fortunate to have an amazing support network.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 8:52am

I mirror Wax's thoughts as well. All the best SG and thanks for all the hard work you and your colleagues do. Stay well.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 9:05am

Cheers Craig.
Australia has a world class health system (not without many problems) but it is being run into the ground, there is no more capacity. Building new facilities is only a small part of the solution, staffing is the real issue.
All the senior staff are exhausted and they provide us with juniors as replacements (who we have to oversee) with little or negligible real world experience.
The system was under the pump prior to the pandemic...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 10:08am
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

Anyone remember the days when National Geographic wasn’t a parody of science and truth? It seems those days are long gone.

Here’s the sub heading from the National Geographic article linked above by Udo:

“For 1 in 3 people who've had COVID-19, the disease turns debilitating and chronic.”

I’m sure that National Geographic would’ve gotten away with printing such bald faced lies not so long ago. I’m just curious how they expect people to swallow such hogwash now that Covid is no longer just an abstract myth generated by fear mongering headlines and news casts? Everyone has either had covid or knows many people who’ve had it and it’s a tough sell to convince people that 1 in 3 suffer from debilitating long covid when everyone knows this to be factually incorrect.

Hmmm 1 in 3 ????

I now know countless people who have had Covid, but i dont know anyone who is suffering any longterm known effect's

Anybody here had Covid and have ongoing issues or know anyone who has?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 10:17am

SG, are all healthcare workers able to access similar support networks through their employment / health system?

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 10:37am

Yeah RK,
We have an employee assistance program, which anyone can access. I can't comment on other health networks. The main thing is admitting you need help, which I owned.
There is quite the culture of 'grin and bear it' or "just get on with it' in healthcare, because our problems often seem insignificant compared too that of our patients

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 10:41am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Hmmm 1 in 3 ????

I now know countless people who have had Covid, but i dont know anyone who is suffering any longterm known effect's

My wife and one of my sons still coughing a fair bit 2 months later. Not sure if it's covid related.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 10:54am
flollo wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Hmmm 1 in 3 ????

My wife and one of my sons still coughing a fair bit 2 months later. Not sure if it's covid related.

I have.

Not a single cough or runny nose for me during COVID, just had a bad bout of tinnitus. The ear ringing has endured and docs think it may for a while yet. It's considered long COVID, but like the original bout isn't considered a typical syndrome.

TBH it's only mildly annoying and seems incomparable to what other people are going through.

The "1 in 3" stat would appear to be rolled gold bullshit.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 11:30am
indo-dreaming wrote:

Hmmm 1 in 3 ????

I'm about 6/7 weeks in.

I have continuing brochitis like symptoms...I cough and struggle a bit in the colder mornings with breathing.

I am a bit hesitant to get back in the surf yet..as not sure how I will go with exercise, I have tried to walk a bit but after a couple of km's my breathing goes a bit laboured.

I do feel like I am improving daily tho.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 1:58pm

Go for a body surf/swim and get that Salt mist into your Lungs...let the waves crash on your back as you cough..works a treat to loosen hack up Flem and clear those Airways - try and catch a decent size lump of it and send off for Sputum Analysis .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 4:37pm
udo wrote:

Go for a body surf/swim and get that Salt mist into your Lungs...let the waves crash on your back as you cough..works a treat to loosen hack up Flem and clear those Airways - try and catch a decent size lump of it and send off for Sputum Analysis .

Thanks Dr

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 7 Jun 2022 at 6:10pm

Burleigh an Orbital Sander does a Fine job of loosening the Flem as well..

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 8 Jun 2022 at 4:46pm

Expelling a near fatal lump of Amgergris used to earn a Whale 10 ton of krill...alas!
Premier's new improved WSR regulation bans Hesitant Whales from the Super Bank Line-Up.

Knock Knock! Hello tbb! Think the crew are talking about coughing up yer lungs...like this!
https://www.livescience.com/64259-giant-lung-shaped-blood-clot.html

tbb used to sand Asbestos + Silica for 20 years...covered head 2 toe in dust for 3hrs - full day at times!
Soggy Mask will suffocate you within 5 mins...best to smoke a pack of fags while yer on the go.
Fight off toxic Dust Clouds with Puffs of toxic Smoke...Ultimate Toxic Bomb incubator!
Tell ya! People swear they see a vaporising ghost & almost dial 000...Lunatic has escaped the Asylum.

Our old school cure for everyday toxic overlode was to swig a pint of coffee milk when yer done...
Strawberry Milk works best but gets vomited out before it hits the spot! (Crew laugh! Spot the newbie!)
Cough up yer guts instantly...good as gold for a Gold in the Arvo!

Experts denounce mean Bosses that hand out Toxic slave's a free milk. (Good az Gold mate!)
Now!
Experts : "Colostrum / Lactoferrin (Milks) are #1 defence against Covid / Respiratory Tract infections

tbb is making that up...maybe / maybe not!
So why are South Gippsland Dairy not being sued by TGA for Pandemic Profiteering or racketeering?
https://sgdairy.com.au/colostrum-helps-covid-recovery

Covid Wake up call hits home! Day one > tbb & crew said Rollout would infect more than not!
tbb's > Brothers/Siss + Daughter & Fiancee / Son ... are all 2/3 Vaxed
All have now suffered & or spread Covid at least once or twice!
All with Post Vax > Infections > Suffering > Lethargy + Stroke...wish them well each'n'every time!
tbb tries to play down the Vax blame game thang...gotta work together as it affects whole families.

Keep asking why tbb is so hesitant to queue up for $Trillion Highly Infectious Mass Health Crisis Rollout.
tbb must be sick in the head or somethin'...or just plain mental.

Bonus heavy breather from yer local Green Grocer.
Eating Stone fruit seeds / unripe berries - Bamboo shoots transforms into Cyanide...& will kill!
Roots & Fungi / Unripened or raw beans, even excess leafy diet of fruits are also poisonous.
Mustard Flower is extremely dainty & pretty but mustard gas killed 100'000s
Chillie Peppers in various forms kill 100's & maim 1,000s
Simply Heating Chile oil would finish off tbb within minutes...yet absolutely crave the stuff!

Supermarket fare presents a far greater Health Crisis than Covid + all Viruses together...all know this!
Food Poisoning : 4.1m cases > 1m GP visits > 31,920 Hospitalizations > 86 d/yr + (Canada -240 d/yr)
Tobacco = 20,000 deaths/yr + Alcohol =160,000 Hospitalizations > 6,000 deaths/yr
Food O.D (Obesity) = 14m cases > 500,000 Hospitalizations/yr > 50,000 deaths/yr
Covid = 7m cases > 60,000 Hospitalizations/yr > 8,000 deaths/yr
https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2021/06/australia-reports-mixed-food-safe....

Warning about the underrated power of Fruit'n'Veg Mass Kills!
17th Feb 2020 Karachi Pakistan
Twas the Start of Covid Pandemic...near the local Nuke Plant ...just setting the ultra scary mood!
Usual Sunday Night at Kemari Port as Shipping container of Vegetables was opened...
Lethal Mixed Veg Gas escapes > instantly killing & maiming any that came near...all are unconscious!
100's fled fearing for their lives > 50 taken to Hospital > 15 hospitalized > 6 dead
https://mfame.guru/lethal-gas-from-container-kills/

Can't fool the Kidz > Veges are still way more scary than Covid!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 9 Jun 2022 at 11:14am

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/what-is-sads-he...

"Cardiology researchers have previously suggested that the complex effects of pandemic lockdowns would probably lead to more deaths from heart disease – a phenomenon dubbed “post-pandemic stress disorder” by psychologists in the UK"

You can't make this shit up