COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 8:00am

Tbb, as usual a long read but that’s some interesting info you put in there

Blowin, have you got a link to the original article?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 8:15am
Supafreak wrote:
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Josh leading by example 38-E083-DC-FC62-4-EB8-9354-7927-F5-ADDB29
best online photo sharing site
anyone care to caption this photo ?

Rules are rules! He's outside! No mask needed ;)

Oh ok so no need to social distance outside , yep no problem , what you gonna say next stok ? They are members of his immediate family ? Or maybe he’s just got brain fog.

Or we could just vote em out of office, so Joshy can announce he had been proud to serve Australia, but now it's time to move on to other ventures and spend time with his family.
Scary thing he is probably most capable individual of his whole government front bench and still over looks $60 billion mistake... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Better economic managers... Haha

The real Donald Trump's picture
The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 8:22am

10 / 4 Rubber Ducky we got ourselves a 70k long CONVOY.

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 9:41am

Put up the link blowin if you have it please

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 9:54am

All good, found it

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 10:04am

Tyler durden. When I cut and pasted a paragraph of blowins article it directed me to another site where the article is also shown. Your name is at the top of the article.
So why do you need the link off blowins post?
I gather you’re employed by that website?
Just interested to know and I thought it was a strange coincidence.

Apologies if this is already known by everyone

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 10:13am
Alana_a wrote:

Tyler durden. When I cut and pasted a paragraph of blowins article it directed me to another site where the article is also shown. Your name is at the top of the article.
So why do you need the link off blowins post?
I gather you’re employed by that website?
Just interested to know and I thought it was a strange coincidence.

Apologies if this is already known by everyone

Not the same tyler durdan , no apologies needed a few others have been confused in the past .

Alana_a's picture
Alana_a's picture
Alana_a Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 10:28am

Roger that! 10-4. Over

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 11:10am

Thanks for the article, Blowin. The author, Kit Knightly, certainly raises some thought-provoking points about what the term “anti-vaxxer” means. I remember BD raising this issue a few pages ago in this thread. I think you can be fully vaccinated and still “anti-vax”, especially if you were coerced into getting vaccinated and/or you zealously promote the argument that the vaccines are ineffective and dangerous. However, there are many people, myself included, who promote the benefits of the vaccines but are opposed to mandates and passports; I think those who hold this unique position are not “anti-vaxxers”. Unfortunately, too many are quick to dismiss such people as “anti-vaxxers”.

My main criticism of Knightly’s article is the accusation that the original article from The Independent implied that Csollany deserved to die, although it’s difficult to judge without reading the entirety of that article. I also question Knightly’s emotionally-charged suggestion that Csollany died as a result of the vaccine. Nevertheless, Knightly sure has some valid points, particularly with regard to what it means to be “anti-vax”.

Here’s a link to Knightly’s article:

https://off-guardian.org/2022/01/26/media-lies-the-sacred-rites-of-the-v...

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 12:44pm

Even some friends we know that were avoiding unvaxed people in closed quarters have seen the light now, thought they were doing the right thing getting jabbed but still ended up getting covid off the vaxed.
The tide is turning. They don't work.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:00pm

“Follow the (our conclusion-based) science (or else)!!!” They say…
“But, that’s not how science works!” Says the “fringe minority”.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:00pm
Robo wrote:

Even some friends we know that were avoiding unvaxed people in closed quarters have seen the light now, thought they were doing the right thing getting jabbed but still ended up getting covid off the vaxed.

You reckon the reason people avoid you was the unvaxed status?

The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:12pm

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm
bonza wrote:
Stok wrote:
bonza wrote:

"I don't think kids should be vaxxed, especially whilst omicron is the dominante strain. "

stok thinks you are stupid.

Nah, he doesn't prance around sharing articles from grifters and claiming we need to save the kids.

Also, my personal views for kids and covid are not too dissimilar to RK here.

ok. i must have misinterpreted you. Why is your view opposed to the current Australian health recommendations on covid vax for kids? and why doesn't this make you a anti-vaxxer?

Yeah stok, when did you stop listening to the experts and go down the anti-vaccine propaganda hole? Aren’t you supposed to do what the experts tell you to. You goose.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:17pm
etarip wrote:
Robo wrote:

You reckon the reason people avoid you was the unvaxed status?

didn't say they were avoiding me

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 1:49pm

Just a quick thanks to whoever the Real Donald Trump is that's posting on here. You're a legend and your posts are greatly appreciated. Also to all the other crew standing up and showing this whole thing for what it really is. Deeply grateful for your courage in this time where standing up and saying NO leaves you open to get slain by the masses. Legends, the lot of ya. I'm sure Huey is watching! Cheers.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:00pm

I'm also really grateful to him and you and the others like you. When I'm having a bad day and I think that it's tough for me in this world having at best a mediocre intellectual capacity, I can read the gibberish of idiots like him and you and for a brief moment feel like a monumental genius. thanks again and keep up the good work.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:01pm

Robo didn't you get banned for your childish outburst?

Oh well....so, you're sharing a channel 7 reporters post? Are they MSN, or not?

But really, how can a grown man post that last paragraph publicly? I don't see a lot of 'doomsaying', and oh, because he's HAD covid now he can provide all advice to everyone.

I get my flu injections most years because I don't want/can't afford a week or two feeling under the weather, which could actually be worse.

I got my covid vaxes and booster for the same reason. Not out of fear, but because I don't like feeling sick, if I can avoid it.

There are people truly scared of covid - those who are immuno comprimised, and immediate family/friends of these people.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:02pm
wallpaper wrote:

I'm also really grateful to him and you and the others like you. When I'm having a bad day and I think that it's tough for me in this world having at best a mediocre intellectual capacity, I can read the gibberish of idiots like him and you and for a brief moment feel like a monumental genius. thanks again and keep up the good work.

+1

Yep, great for a chuckle!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:08pm
soggydog wrote:

Yeah stok, when did you stop listening to the experts and go down the anti-vaccine propaganda hole? Aren’t you supposed to do what the experts tell you to. You goose.

Well, I'm not going to lie, I do stay in touch with anti vax propaganda, to see what the messaging is like. Some of it rubs off on me u guess?
Both my kids have had covid, and are below the current age groups considered for vaxxing in Aus. If they were older, or the health advice was different I'd get appropriate advice and make my own choice.

Call me an anti vaxxer to If you want. I've always said my biggest gripe is those who push out their contrarian ideas not taking any accountability for what they're saying, and really, they only do it for their own selfish reasons.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:08pm

And for those that don't matter.....nothing.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm
bluediamond wrote:

BD, don't you feel somewhat conflicted thanking someone called the real donald trump?

Trump is a flat out racist, disgustingly wealthy, shyster, sexist fuckwit who damaged the integrity of the US's democracy and is not actually associated with Australia in anyway.

Yet this tool on this forum, decided to name themselves that, and you're patting them on the back?

Am I missing something?

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:19pm

The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:48pm
Stok wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Well, I'm not going to lie, I do stay in touch with anti vax propaganda, to see what the messaging is like. Some of it rubs off on me u guess?
Both my kids have had covid, and are below the current age groups considered for vaxxing in Aus. If they were older, or the health advice was different I'd get appropriate advice and make my own choice.

Call me an anti vaxxer to If you want. I've always said my biggest gripe is those who push out their contrarian ideas not taking any accountability for what they're saying, and really, they only do it for their own selfish reasons.

- and make my own choice.-

So you do reserve the right to make your own choice ??

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:49pm

Here’s the reality of the fucked up political grandstanding going on. This is needless emotional torture of the type experienced by thousands and thousands of Australians since this drama started. WA is going to be flooded with Covid just as has other states. The world will not end when this happens. Quite the opposite-people wil realise that their lives have only completely resumed when the unscientific and ludicrous politically driven restrictions are lifted. They discover that the reality of covid for most people is just another sickness to which some unfortunately succumb but the vast , vast majority simply move past as with any other imild illness.

People realise that the hype around covid is empty hot air.

How many people separated from dying relatives? Loved ones kept apart so that MacGowan can pointlessly delay the arrival of the virus for another few days? How many individuals need to suffer so that MacGowan’s donors/ masters are appeased?

The crew in WA who are rubbing themselves raw celebrating two years without covid will soon enough realise, as the rest of us have already done, that living with covid is …..nothing. It’s like living with the flu.

The only challenge facing WA is the same issue which made the virus to be anything of substance, that is the determined and deliberate serial underfunding of the health system by the same politicians who’d have you believe they’re public saviours.

MacGowans true nature will be on display before too long. The only beneficiary of the closed WA borders is MacGowan’s career and even that is soon to be utterly reversed when the public sees the true state of the health system after MacGowan has sat on his hands for two years.

This is bad enough but the way he has tried to shift blame from himself to those few who’ve decided not to get the vaccine is despicable. He really needs to be persecuted for his hateful and cynical weaponisation of a public division he created for personal political advantage. He really needs to be held accountable for the evil ideology he’s imposed upon innocent citizens.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/doubles-finalist-expects-to-miss-son-s-b...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:51pm

Ay! +1 to that Blowie

The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 2:51pm
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

BD, don't you feel somewhat conflicted thanking someone called the real donald trump?

Trump is a flat out racist, disgustingly wealthy, shyster, sexist fuckwit who damaged the integrity of the US's democracy and is not actually associated with Australia in anyway.

Yet this tool on this forum, decided to name themselves that, and you're patting them on the back?

Am I missing something?

It's a bait ya fuckwit. !!!

And you owe 135 buck$ for new braid cos ya just spooled me.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:03pm

haha classic

The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:05pm

you're a dumb cunt stok.

A deadset intellectual pygmy.

Get your booster, get your omnicon booster in April, and July, and October.

Flu shot annually ? you weak pissant, getting sick occasionally is perfectly normal and natural, giving the self time to stop, rest, clense, recover, re-charge and soldier on.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:06pm

Damn you got me!

....and yes I do reserve the right to make my own choices?

Choices which I would make based on proper advice, and accept the consequences of such decisions. Wouldn't see me whinging on Swellnet forums about loss of freedoms for my choice.

You will see me continue to whinge about people who push their personal narratives though.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm
The real Donald Trump wrote:

Flu shot annually ? you weak pissant...

You sure it's just a bait pal?

Is there a Trump 2020 flag someone in your house, which you take out on the odd occasion?

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:11pm

The booster is working well, 36% take up for those that qualify in NSW. People are waking up to the con job. Feels good knowing I didn't let the government put that shit in me.
Wait till they want to microchip you lol

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm

you're a dumb cunt stok.

Flu shot annually ? you weak pissant, getting sick occasionally is perfectly normal and natural, giving the self time to stop, rest, clense, recover, re-charge and soldier on.

Yep. The more he talks the further he plunges down the respect line.

He’s outed himself as a serial bedwetter by disclosing his annual flu shots despite only being in his mid thirties.

Bad Religion needs to update their song “ 21st century digital boy” to include a verse about being plugged into the corporate pharmaceutical profit conduit.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm

2-EBB3-F65-62-E0-47-E6-8-E2-B-E70-B71-FC46-FB

The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:15pm
Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:21pm

you're a dumb cunt stok.

Yeah stuff the flu shot too lol, Mrs and I and 19 old daughter got forced last year to get it to visit a nursing home, when there was no flu around anyway, and it does nothing for covid haha
All about control.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:18pm
Blowin wrote:

you're a dumb cunt stok.

Yep. The more he talks the further he plunges down the respect line.

He’s outed himself as a serial bedwetter by disclosing his annual flu shots despite only being in his mid thirties.

Bad Religion needs to update their song “ 21st century digital boy” to include a verse about being plugged into the corporate pharmaceutical profit conduit.

35 and gets a regular flu shot lmaf, vaccine junkie!!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm

@Blowin

'He’s outed himself as a serial bedwetter by disclosing his annual flu shots despite only being in his mid thirties.'

That's some character defining text right there!

You do realise respect from you is flat out valued at zero to me right? Probably the same likewise though!

The real Donald... Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:28pm
Stok wrote:

Damn you got me!

....and yes I do reserve the right to make my own choices?

Choices which I would make based on proper advice, and accept the consequences of such decisions. Wouldn't see me whinging on Swellnet forums about loss of freedoms for my choice.

You will see me continue to whinge about people who push their personal narratives though.

so your a dumb cunt and a hypocrite.

You reserve personal choice but say others shouldn't have any ?

This whole omnicon wave was seeded and spread by the fully vacced - get it thru your thick head.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:30pm
Stok wrote:

Yeah, just wanted to see if they do ban people on here and for what for, turns out for not much really except repeated posts lol.
You can say and call people whatever you want, threaten, racist comments all excepted apparently.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:34pm
Stok wrote:

@Blowin

'He’s outed himself as a serial bedwetter by disclosing his annual flu shots despite only being in his mid thirties.'

You do realise respect from you is flat out valued at zero to me right? Probably the same likewise though!

Stok the bed wetter. Has a nice ring to it and very fitting.

Flu shots, covid boosters, would consult a doctor who has NO choice but to recommend a covid jab for his kids if you’re not allergic to it (even then who knows)

What a sad life.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:51pm

so your a dumb cunt and a hypocrite.

You reserve personal choice but say others shouldn't have any ?

This whole omnicon wave was seeded and spread by the fully vacced - get it thru your thick head.

Choice is always there Don, and I never say people shouldn't have a choice.

Seeded and spread by the fully vaxxed? So what? We re opened, ended lockdowns, of course it was going to happen? The vaccines proved their effectiveness by reducing the likelihood of death and serious disease, while you, like a broken record, keep banging on about how they're a failure because THEY DONT 100% STOP ALL TRANSMISSION!

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:54pm
burleigh wrote:
Stok wrote:

@Blowin

Stok the bed wetter. Has a nice ring to it and very fitting.

Flu shots, covid boosters, would consult a doctor who has NO choice but to recommend a covid jab for his kids if you’re not allergic to it (even then who knows)

What a sad life.

Call me whatever you like burleigh!

Yep, pretty sad wanting to use tried and tested medical science to avoid getting sick. I suppose you'd refuse penicillin, or a tetanus shot? I mean, seriously burleigh, how does it feel being so healthy that no disease poses any threat to you whatsoever? Do tell us.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:56pm
Robo][quote=Stok wrote:

Yeah, just wanted to see if they do ban people on here and for what for, turns out for not much really except repeated posts lol.
You can say and call people whatever you want, threaten, racist comments all excepted apparently.

Fair enough.

I would've though BD's comment about him collecting my skull would've made him see some time! But I guess it's all just banter right! ;)

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 3:59pm

Funny how VL dissappeared at the same time this other knucklehead appeared. They speak almost an identical language.(minus VLs tourettes). Could it be?? That saves me a trip! 2 skulls instead of 3!!

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 4:01pm
bluediamond wrote:

Funny how VL dissappeared at the same time this other knucklehead appeared. They speak almost an identical language.(minus VLs tourettes). Could it be?? That saves me a trip! 2 skulls instead of 3!!

That comment is over the line bd. Not really called for.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 4:05pm

NSW has reported its deadliest day of the pandemic so far on Sunday, surpassing its previous record set just a day earlier.

The state recorded 52 Covid-related deaths in the latest reporting period, after 49 people died with the virus on Saturday.

NSW chief health officer Kerry Chant said 31 of the 52 people who died were aged care residents.

“And of those 31 people, just two had received booster doses. 20 had received two doses of vaccine, two and received one dose and seven were not vaccinated,” she told reporters.

Of the 52 total deaths, 21 people died in aged care facilities, 31 people died in hospital, and no one died at home, Dr Chant said.

Three people were aged in their 60s, 11 people were in their 70s, 26 people were in their 80s, 11 were in the 90s, and one person was more than 100 years old.

NSW health officials have said older age is a significant risk factor for serious illness and death for Covid, particularly when combined with significant underlying health conditions.

Six of the 52 people who died had received three doses of a Covid vaccine, 32 people had received two doses, two people had received one dose, and 12 people were not vaccinated.

Desperate for victims now.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 4:02pm

Yeah, pull it back in a bit BD.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 30 Jan 2022 at 4:02pm

Not forgetting i was replying to an imaginary war scenario that i was planning planted by aforementioned numbskull to which only an equally stupid reply was warranted.