COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:42pm
Blowin wrote:

Stok ….how old are you mate?

I’m guessing you’re at least 65. Not that old but you’ve got the stench about you of one of those blokes who thinks they’re much older than they are. You obviously seem very scared of the virus and believe you’re vulnerable. That’s fair enough but you ever considered that to many people, Dan’s false insinuation that they’re susceptible to severe covid seems totally off? So many millions of people are looking at a cold - if that - yet Dan is still acting as though we are all facing possible death.

It’s some dirty politicking to be treating scientific and medical reality with such contempt just to play to his voter base. There zero justification to be enforcing vaccine mandates. To be perpetuating the ruse and upgrading it to three shots is something that Dan has decided upon unilaterally and before it’s deemed necessary by the medical community….doesn’t this give you a hint that he’s gone rogue? Again.

You're off by about 30 odd years there mate!
I'll take that as a compliment!
I've been living in Melbourne for a while now....march 2020 I was a front line whinger, complaining about how the act of me going for a surf down the coast would in no way spread the virus.
I was also personally opposed to Victoria's, and Australia's, covid zero policies, thinking it's going to get in eventually....its not that serious, why bother locking down?
I got told off by police during the stage 4 lockdowns...1 for skateboarding without a mask (fuck that!) and the other for walking the dog after curfew. I felt the frustrations of living in a state of emergency.

But then, I saw how other countries handled it, down played it, let it over run hospitals, seemingly to protect privileges of a few, and to keep politicians popular. I saw ALL states shut their borders indefinitely to Victoria late 2020 and I began to appreciate the gravity of what was going on. How actually it's way better to over react and get it right, than to under react and let it run ...like what we're seeing now.

If it wasn't for Vic labours strategy Victoria would have been locked out of Australia from July 2020 until effectively November 2021. If it wasn't for the vaccine mandates we would t have got to 90%+, which again, would have likely kept us locked out of other states.

Sheep go to heaven's picture
Sheep go to heaven's picture
Sheep go to heaven Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:45pm

Not sure where your from Robo , but life aint anywhere near normal here , and we're a long way from Melbourne

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:46pm
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
old-dog wrote:

It wasn't until I started reading this thread that I realized that a small % of people on here have absolutely no respect for the real heros of this shit show, our frontline doctors and nurses and couldn't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and their misplaced belief that they are somehow smarter than the real experts.

Hear Hear.
Not just medical pros too. I've got a lot more respect for our truckies, train drivers, police, teachers, shelf stackers, and other essential workers. There's a bunch of people doing monster shifts in difficult conditions to stop the let it rip dumpster fire getting more out of control..

Gee your a drama queen, outside of Melbourne and Sydney greater areas life is pretty much normal.

The funny thing is, the policies made by the state governments, the lockdowns, the sacrifices made....have effectively made that true up until now. Now that we're letting it run.

So yes, due to active management of this pandemic event, you've enjoyed a pretty smooth ride relatively, unless you lived in Melbourne or Sydney.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:47pm
Vic Local wrote:
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
old-dog wrote:

It wasn't until I started reading this thread that I realized that a small % of people on here have absolutely no respect for the real heros of this shit show, our frontline doctors and nurses and couldn't give a fuck about anyone but themselves and their misplaced belief that they are somehow smarter than the real experts.

Hear Hear.
Not just medical pros too. I've got a lot more respect for our truckies, train drivers, police, teachers, shelf stackers, and other essential workers. There's a bunch of people doing monster shifts in difficult conditions to stop the let it rip dumpster fire getting more out of control..

Gee your a drama queen, outside of Melbourne and Sydney greater areas life is pretty much normal.

Really? What about the 90,000 active cases in Queensland? And all the banana benders who need to isolate up there. Not to mention no RATs. But hey, with Scumo and the let it rip mob in charge, it's all cool and normal outside of Sydney and Melbourne according to you.

I meant to say NSW and VIC where we live. QLD is the same outside Brisbane and Goldie maybe Sunshine Coast life is near normal.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:53pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

I’m guessing you’re at least 65. Not that old but you’ve got the stench about you of one of those blokes who thinks they’re much older than they are. You obviously seem very scared of the virus and believe you’re vulnerable. That’s fair enough but you ever considered that to many people, Dan’s false insinuation that they’re susceptible to severe covid seems totally off? So many millions of people are looking at a cold - if that - yet Dan is still acting as though we are all facing possible death.

It’s some dirty politicking to be treating scientific and medical reality with such contempt just to play to his voter base. There zero justification to be enforcing vaccine mandates. To be perpetuating the ruse and upgrading it to three shots is something that Dan has decided upon unilaterally and before it’s deemed necessary by the medical community….doesn’t this give you a hint that he’s gone rogue? Again.

I've been living in Melbourne for a while now....march 2020 I was a front line whinger, complaining about how the act of me going for a surf down the coast would in no way spread the virus.
I was also personally opposed to Victoria's, and Australia's, covid zero policies, thinking it's going to get in eventually....its not that serious, why bother locking down?
I got told off by police during the stage 4 lockdowns...1 for skateboarding without a mask (fuck that!) and the other for walking the dog after curfew. I felt the frustrations of living in a state of emergency.

But then, I saw how other countries handled it, down played it, let it over run hospitals, seemingly to protect privileges of a few, and to keep politicians popular. I saw ALL states shut their borders indefinitely to Victoria late 2020 and I began to appreciate the gravity of what was going on. How actually it's way better to over react and get it right, than to under react and let it run ...like what we're seeing now.

If it wasn't for Vic labours strategy Victoria would have been locked out of Australia from July 2020 until effectively November 2021. If it wasn't for the vaccine mandates we would t have got to 90%+, which again, would have likely kept us locked out of other states.

You’re celebrating being in the most locked down place in the world? You’re celebrating vaccine mandates that forced everyday people to get a jab? If you do you’re also supporting myocarditis in young fit people that if they got covid would had it mild.
You’re celebrating the lies and manipulation from your government.

That’s sick

You sure you’re not an old fuck? What normal 35 year old does that

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:55pm
Stok wrote:
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
old-dog wrote:

Hear Hear.

The funny thing is, the policies made by the state governments, the lockdowns, the sacrifices made....have effectively made that true up until now. Now that we're letting it run.

So yes, due to active management of this pandemic event, you've enjoyed a pretty smooth ride relatively, unless you lived in Melbourne or Sydney.

There was barely a case on the mid north coast for 2 years till they opened the flood gates out of Sydney, over Xmas/New year you could of thought we were living in western Sydney.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:58pm

For what it's worth, I was talking to one of my best mates just last night and he put me on the phone to his wife. She is a Sister in Brisbane's largest public hospital, 30+ years experience. I asked her what's really going on down there from someone who is at the actual coalface. She said, things are not much different, she's not doing any crazy overtime hours. I asked about doctors, she said doctors are doing stupid hours, always have and always will. I asked her about any significant changes and she said the main thing is they have moved to 'T4' which basically means a redeployment. They are taking nurses and staff out of the clinics and moving them into the wards, or moving them into the areas which are seeing the most need. The ICU's are not overflowing and nowhere near capacity. Hopefully that won't change.

Anyway, I can't speak on behalf of the other states and cities but from the only person I know that's in the system in Oz, seems like things are business as usual.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 7:57pm
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
old-dog wrote:

Hear Hear.

Really? What about the 90,000 active cases in Queensland? And all the banana benders who need to isolate up there. Not to mention no RATs. But hey, with Scumo and the let it rip mob in charge, it's all cool and normal outside of Sydney and Melbourne according to you.

I meant to say NSW and VIC where we live. QLD is the same outside Brisbane and Goldie maybe Sunshine Coast life is near normal.

Don't forget SA, ACT, and NT robo. But cool and normal everywhere else eh champ? 85,000 new cases, 70 deaths in Aus today, and a crushed economy don't seem so cool and normal to me.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:00pm
Vic Local wrote:
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
Robo wrote:
Vic Local wrote:
old-dog wrote:

Hear Hear.

Don't forget SA, ACT, and NT robo. But cool and normal everywhere else eh champ? 85,000 new cases, 70 deaths in Aus today, and a crushed economy don't seem so cool and normal to me.

Lol, you don’t get it, outside of capital cities and surrounding areas then.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:01pm
Sheep go to heaven wrote:

Not sure where your from Robo , but life aint anywhere near normal here , and we're a long way from Melbourne

Nth Coast NSW.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:01pm

You sure you’re not an old fuck? What normal 35 year old does that (agree with lockdowns)?

Probably a 35 year old who actually gives a fuck about other people. Stok's normal blowin. You're just a selfish wanker.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:01pm

Exclusive World / Australian Silly Season > Easter Peaks Covid Timetable

World New Year Peaks - 8th Jan 2021 > 13th Jan 2022
World Easter Peaks - 24th April 2020 > 29th April 2021
2 years on & 100,000 > 3.5m cases yet all are perfectly offset by as little as 5 days as if orchestrated!
Perfect Pandemic timetable reveals Mass Vax Rollout is orchestrating the virus spread and fear.

PNG / NZ ( Note: Peaks may have split due to Oz flight Bans > less transit-infections )

PNG Xmas Peaks *17th Oct 2021 >24th Oct 2022 + (17th Dec 2021 > 12th Jan 2022)
Easter Peaks -23th March 2021

NZ - Xmas Peaks *21/25th Oct 2021 > 16th Nov 2022 + (10th Jan 2021 > 12th Jan 2022)
NZ Easter Peaks -28/3/2020 > 8/4/2021

Important! NZ 'Border Cases' are ramping 65/day (vs) Locals 25/day (Oz are opening up!)
Crew can see Oz would register or split a 3rd NZ Peak! tbb included *Peak offset Waves

18 Jan 2022 CDC {warning} "Australia" Level [4] Very High Risk {Avoid Travel to this Destination}
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/map-and-travel-notic...

Oz RATZ Crisis is vastly under representing Oz case numbers...World gave Oz a Red Card for cheating!
tbb : This is not a joke > (Very Real) If Daggy dad can't sort the RATZ...we are Dead to the World!
Reckon that whole VISA scam just blew up in our Face...CDC updated yesterday! Wot News? Where!
Oz Covid Case Data & Laws are now officially considered nothing more than a Police State Mandate.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/travelers/how-level-is-determi...

Very High Risk Australia is now Peak infectious & ready to plague the Planet with 2x WR viral spikes.
Go Team Oz! We are the Red Carded VIP Lying Bully Champions! Kill Kill (Cough!) Kill.

Oz Xmas Peaks 12/16th Jan 2021 > 13th Jan 2022
Oz Easter Peaks 28th March 2020 > 23rd April 2021

Oz States / Peaks
Tas Xmas 10th Dec 2021 > 12th Jan 2022 ? ( Easter Peak 14/3/20 ) > (6/8/21) Dead of Winter.
NSW Xmas 20th Dec 2021 > 14th Jan 2022 ( Easter Peaks 28/3/20 > 23/4/21) + Rain / Crowds / Floods
ACT Xmas 20th Dec 2021 > 18th Jan 2022 ? ( Easter Peaks 23/3/20 > 7/3/21) Extra Travel
WA Xmas 26th Dec 2021 > 13th Jan 2022 ? ( Easter Peaks 24/3/20 >14/4/21) Travel Plans
Vic Xmas 2nd Jan 2021 > 12th Jan 2022 ( Easter Peaks 28/3/20 > 15/4/21 ) Check yer Bells timetable!
SA Xmas 4th Jan 2021 > 15th Jan 2022 ? ( Easter Peaks 26/3/20 > 13/3 -26/4/21) Travel Plans/returns
NT Xmas 5th Jan 2021 > 15th Jan 2022 ? ( Easter Peaks 3/4/20 > 23/4/21) Camp roster...[+] newbies!
Qld Xmas 8th Jan 2021 > 14th Jan 2022 ? ( Easter Peaks 24/3/20 > 30/3/21) Mass Easter crowds/floods!

Timetable is subject to Low Humidity / Westerly winds + Expert Mass Vax Spiked Covid Orchestration.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:04pm
zenagain wrote:

For what it's worth, I was talking to one of my best mates just last night and he put me on the phone to his wife. She is a Sister in Brisbane's largest public hospital, 30+ years experience. I asked her what's really going on down there from someone who is at the actual coalface. She said, things are not much different, she's not doing any crazy overtime hours. I asked about doctors, she said doctors are doing stupid hours, always have and always will. I asked her about any significant changes and she said the main thing is they have moved to 'T4' which basically means a redeployment. They are taking nurses and staff out of the clinics and moving them into the wards, or moving them into the areas which are seeing the most need. The ICU's are not overflowing and nowhere near capacity. Hopefully that won't change.

Anyway, I can't speak on behalf of the other states and cities but from the only person I know that's in the system in Oz, seems like things are business as usual.

For those that don’t know the media love bad news, it drives advertising without those dollars they are out of work, people spend to make themselves feel better, win win.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:07pm
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:08pm

Burleigh, how old are you?

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:08pm

if youve got time listen to this
fuck your third jab dan you utter fuckwit

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:09pm
Sheepdog wrote:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/opinion/2022/01/19/michael-pascoe-omicron-int...

God this reads like some wacko conspiracy theory, to think a media outlet publishes this crap????

The timing has lots of positives for Australia being summer, kids not at school etc, but as we all know the deal was once we got top 70-80% of the population we were promised we would open up, and that's what we did because people were vaccinated, if your not going to open up when people are freshly vaccinated when would you open up????

Wait another few months for the vaccine to lose efficiency???

And crap like this "If you were going to have a pandemic run riot, putting your faith in some sort of herd immunity out the other side"

Again the whole of Australia is fully and freshly vaxed the faith is in the vaccine, natural immunity is only a bonus.

Omicron would be impossible to keep out anyway and completely pointless to try to keep out once population was fully vaxed, especially seeing it's much milder,, it's just lucky timing really.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:14pm

235 cases everywhere between Port, Kempsey, Nambucca Valley, Bellingen shire and Coffs to Grafton today, the sky is falling in.
It’s the pandemic of the vaxed in the cities.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:17pm

Just an observation further to my surf chats. More people coming out against any third jab.

This is going to be fun watching the triple jabbed now turning against the doubled jabbed who have decided enough is enough.

The lies & fear are coming back to haunt the government big time.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:33pm

@TBB , got a request mate , can you find current data on ages of those hospitalised from covid and status as in vaccinated or unvaccinated , icu , ventilated. Ive tried but failed .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:46pm
Supafreak wrote:

@TBB , got a request mate , can you find current data on ages of those hospitalised from covid and status as in vaccinated or unvaccinated , icu , ventilated. Ive tried but failed .

You just gotta trust the experts instead.
It’s easy, just stick your head up your own ass like Stok. It’s dark and smells a bit but once you give in it’s just easier.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:54pm

FFS you anti-vax clowns. The following platforms and people are not the place to get your medical information from.
YouTube
instagram
Facebook
Reignite Democracy Australia
Fox News
Rebel News
Bitchute
Macroeconomics.
Rogan
Hanson
Christensen

Here's a fucking radical suggestion. How about go somewhere like The Lancet, Johns Hopkins or other reputable medical journals?

Christ, two years in to this pandemic and you nuffies are still "resurching" via social media. There's no hope for you clowns.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 8:59pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

well, all I can say after reading that is, you are all arse about face and relishing in your ignorance...

still...

enjoy your misplaced moral authority

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:00pm

lancet...

lol

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:06pm
sypkan wrote:

lancet...

lol

Yes, it's one of the most respected medical journals on the planet. And yes they do edit and retract articles and research papers when things change. It's called accountability.
Doctors go to the Lancet for their information. Non medically trained imbeciles and conspiracy theorists go to YouTube for theirs.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:10pm
Vic Local wrote:

FFS you anti-vax clowns. The following platforms and people are not the place to get your medical information from.
YouTube
instagram
Facebook
Fox News
Rebel News
Bitchute
Macroeconomics.
Rogan
Hanson
Christensen

Here's a fucking radical suggestion. How about go somewhere like The Lancet, Johns Hopkins or other reputable medical journals?

Christ, two years in to this pandemic and you nuffies are still "resurching" via social media. There's no hope for you clowns.

Just trust the experts you see at the daily press conferences mumble and contradict themselves for the past two years.
Good people turned bad. Getting their strings pulled for political points.
Experts that are controlled by men in suits are no longer experts. They are puppets

Or maybe the politicians that say the virus “hunts down” the unvaccinated. Do we trust them? Because it seems like the virus hunts down the vaccinated

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:13pm
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:15pm
Vic Local wrote:

YouTube
instagram
Facebook
Fox News
Rebel News
Bitchute
Macroeconomics.
Rogan
Hanson
Christensen

Yes you’re right dr dick . Just look at this regular you tube clown spreading misinformation

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:15pm

yeh, peter daszak's lancet letter

now there's some high calibre credible work...

what a journal!

above reproach

not to mention various bogus studies...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:21pm

@sypkan , can you hear crickets ?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:26pm

I see zerohedge didn't make The Authority's shitlist of unapproved sites

so...

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/who-crushes-biden-covid-plan-says-no-...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:25pm

WHO Chief Scientist Dr. Soumya Swaminathan said Tuesday that "there is no evidence right now that healthy children or adolescents need boosters. No evidence at all."

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:33pm

WHO also doesn’t recommend vaccinating kids under 12.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-can-take-the-pf...

“There are currently no efficacy or safety data for children below the age of 12 years. Until such data are available, individuals below 12 years of age should not be routinely vaccinated.”

Do we listen to these experts Vic?

Or just the experts you choose?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:31pm

@sypkan , it actually doesn’t matter where the link comes from, it could be nature or science or BMJ, if it doesn’t fall in line with dr dicks stinking thinking then a bucket of abuse will follow . Shit , lets be real he doesn’t actually read or listen to any of the links, just rants and runs around like a headless henny penny .

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:33pm

"I see zerohedge didn't make The... shitlist"
An accidental omission.
If you go to zero hedge for your medical information, you're a fucking moron. It's like going to a shaman to help with your golf swing.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:34pm
Supafreak wrote:

@sypkan , can you hear crickets ?

again...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:38pm

Just a “happy go lucky fellow “is how dr dick descibes himself , that one gave me a good giggle .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:38pm

the WHO is the WHO, no matter who is running the vids...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 9:49pm
sypkan wrote:

the WHO is the WHO, no matter who is running the vids...

https://youtu.be/oIa0hAimtfU

Shhhh, not these experts. Just the ones dickVocal hand picks from Australian politics.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 10:07pm
burleigh wrote:

WHO also doesn’t recommend vaccinating kids under 12.

https://www.who.int/news-room/feature-stories/detail/who-can-take-the-pf...

“There are currently no efficacy or safety data for children below the age of 12 years. Until such data are available, individuals below 12 years of age should not be routinely vaccinated.”

Wow.
And follows on from supa’s link today to the bmj

https://www.bmj.com/content/376/bmj.o108

Definitely a diversion within or from the experts and or their communication around this atm.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 10:44pm

COVID patients are crossing state and international lines to get treatment from this Houston doctor. https://abc13.com/dr-joseph-varon-covid-treatments-houston-hospital-iver.... Same guy stok , still going. How different it could have been if the health authorities tried Borody’s formula .

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 10:40pm

https://worldcouncilforhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/WCH-At-Home...

For those who are going through it and feeling sick this might be helpful.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 10:55pm

Alright residents of clowntown, a sure sign that you gullible fools shouldn't be trusted is this:

The backbone of your feeble, anti vax, far right, anti gov narrative is that the experts have sold out and this is all some giant conspiracy. Now, you may believe it's about bowing down to lord big pharma, or you may think it's a way to sneak in communism or turn us into the new north Korea.

But, all of a sudden, when someone on your social network of fucking idiotic grifters shares a link to a WHO article with a short paragraph that seemingly matches YOUR narrative, all of a sudden the experts are right, we should listen.

Now, I'm no expert myself, so I can't explain why ATAGI, which is made up of a group of actual professors in relevant fields, have released their position stating vaccines are safe for 5-11yr olds due to a number of clinical study results, and this WHO article shared by Chief Clown Burleigh states something to the contrary.

But you know what, and this is fucking key so listen in, not everything in science needs to make perfect sense. Not everyone agrees, not everyone has the confidence or feels the evidence is strong enough to take a position. ATAGI do feel confident, so that's where we're at.

You see, anti vaxxers are inherently scared and anxious. The real world is too chaotic and scary for their liking. They don't want to make small sacrifices and changes in their lives, and they're scared of needles. So they'll happily accept a narrative that makes it seem there is someone out there in control, and they're evil, and they want to jab you and your kids. This puts the anti vaxxer at ease, because now they have an imaginary enemy they can demonise and fight against. This enemy, of course, is scientific experts.

So, unlike you clowns, I'm happily understanding the bounds of my own knowledge, and understanding that this pandemic is a natural disaster which the scientific world scrambled to fight back against. It doesn't all line up, and it doesn't have to. We have people who've committed their whole lives to infectious diseases and vaccinations providing recommendations. It's the best bet we have.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 11:04pm

@stok , do you have kids ?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 11:06pm

Side note:

Wonder if there's a forum somewhere around the world, for say infection control experts, and there's a long running, much debated top about surfing? Maybe they debate the merits of using a ski at Kirra, or the politics of getting a wave as a Haole in Hawaii? Maybe when to use a quad or thruster?

And they're like:
"Look I've never surfed before, know nothing about it, but this article on The Inertia said foils are actually cool!"

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 19 Jan 2022 at 11:20pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Jan 2022 at 1:03am
Stok wrote:

Alright residents of clowntown, a sure sign that you gullible fools shouldn't be trusted is this:

The backbone of your feeble, anti vax, far right, anti gov narrative is that the experts have sold out and this is all some giant conspiracy. Now, you may believe it's about bowing down to lord big pharma, or you may think it's a way to sneak in communism or turn us into the new north Korea.

But, all of a sudden, when someone on your social network of fucking idiotic grifters shares a link to a WHO article with a short paragraph that seemingly matches YOUR narrative, all of a sudden the experts are right, we should listen.

Now, I'm no expert myself, so I can't explain why ATAGI, which is made up of a group of actual professors in relevant fields, have released their position stating vaccines are safe for 5-11yr olds due to a number of clinical study results, and this WHO article shared by Chief Clown Burleigh states something to the contrary.

But you know what, and this is fucking key so listen in, not everything in science needs to make perfect sense. Not everyone agrees, not everyone has the confidence or feels the evidence is strong enough to take a position. ATAGI do feel confident, so that's where we're at.

You see, anti vaxxers are inherently scared and anxious. The real world is too chaotic and scary for their liking. They don't want to make small sacrifices and changes in their lives, and they're scared of needles. So they'll happily accept a narrative that makes it seem there is someone out there in control, and they're evil, and they want to jab you and your kids. This puts the anti vaxxer at ease, because now they have an imaginary enemy they can demonise and fight against. This enemy, of course, is scientific experts.

So, unlike you clowns, I'm happily understanding the bounds of my own knowledge, and understanding that this pandemic is a natural disaster which the scientific world scrambled to fight back against. It doesn't all line up, and it doesn't have to. We have people who've committed their whole lives to infectious diseases and vaccinations providing recommendations. It's the best bet we have.

I'll ignore most of this, as stok-man is clearly all irate and triggered up, and pulling every lame-arse trick in the book to tar all with the same lame-arse labels and miserable accustions that we've all endured and been over a million times...

but I'll point out this...

"Now, I'm no expert myself, so I can't explain why ATAGI, which is made up of a group of actual professors in relevant fields, have released their position stating vaccines are safe for 5-11yr olds due to a number of clinical study results, and this WHO article shared by Chief Clown Burleigh states something to the contrary."

just because ATAGI recommends something as 'safe for 5 to 11 year olds' doesn't mean the best science recommends it as the best practice...

it clearly appears to be a desperate manoeuvre (and play on semantics) for various governments who have decided to go it alone, as pointed out in the zerohedge article...

"The Chief Scientist of the World Health Organization has just crushed what little credibility the Biden administration's COVID response team had by confirming what most parents' common-sense already told them - that there is no evidence that healthy children need booster doses of COVID-19 vaccine."

'need' and 'safe' are two different things

several high level staff have already left the US CDC because they didn't like biden and co. over riding the best advice

now it would seem australia is just following the US and Israels lead, in an attempt to 'boost themselves out of the pandemic', which the WHO has also raised as a problem...

so the point is, the science is not settled, there are a range of opinions, and it would seem the need for vaccinating kids is most certainly not agreed upon

so maybe just open that mind a little... and maybe tone down the misplaced moral indignation and name calling and possibly make an attempt to respect other's positions...

to be fair, the WHO has wider priorities with some of these statements, but the advice given re. kids in the WHO breifing vid above is pretty bloody non ambiguous...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 20 Jan 2022 at 12:54am

@stok said 'You see, anti vaxxers are inherently scared and anxious. The real world is too chaotic and scary for their liking. They don't want to make small sacrifices and changes in their lives, and they're scared of needles. So they'll happily accept a narrative that makes it seem there is someone out there in control, and they're evil, and they want to jab you and your kids. This puts the anti vaxxer at ease, because now they have an imaginary enemy they can demonise and fight against. This enemy, of course, is scientific experts."
Stok you talk alot of shit,. I'm none of that above, just wary about bullshit, just like what you're continuously posting.
Jam your stereotyping and categorizing up your clacker mate.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 20 Jan 2022 at 6:45am

LONDON -- Face masks will no longer be mandatory in public places and schools in England and COVID-19 passports will be dropped for large events as infections level off in large parts of the country, British Prime Minister Boris Johnson said Wednesday.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/u-k-lifts-covid-19-restriction...