COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:47pm

"what percentage of the unvaxxed population do you think is holding out for non mRNA or viral vector vaccines?"

Ben, I have no idea beyond the fact that amongst my own contacts I don't know of anyone doing that, nor, beyond those with very specific existing conditions, am I aware of any justification for those views.

"Have you got empathy for the people concerned or stressed with pfizer/modernas/az’s vaccine technology and are holding out for something more traditional to be approved by the TGA i.e. Novavax. "

Yes I feel empathy for those who have been misled by the anti-vaccination propaganda into distrusting mRNA vaccines. Prior to NSW opening up people may have felt that since their risk of infection was so low they could avoid a (tiny) unnecessary risk. That makes no sense at all now.
My contempt is reserved for those who have contributed to the problem by posting or publishing toxic misinformation and undermining reliable sources. People, as they say, are entitled to their own opinons but not to their own facts. If I state an opinion it is clearly identified as such. If I state a fact I provide a link unless it is territory that has been covered numerous times before. The rabid anti-vaxxers here are just goldfish; every lap they start all over again with the same bullshit.

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:48pm

It feels like our country is falling apart, really falling apart. I just dont think we have the leadership anywhere to help; not in the public or private sector. It feels like "every person for themselves". Like a good day at Boiling Pot.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:51pm

We're still waiting on your link to prove your complete and utter 3% bullshit statement blowin.
Putting up some meaningless graphic doesn't change the fact you lied about the percentage of unvaccinated people currently in ICU in NSW.
It's laughable that when your bullshit gets exposed for what it is, you don't put up your hand and admit it, you just pile more shit on top.
Like I said before, it's pathological with you mate.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm

So what have we learnt in the last week or so?

1. According to a peer reviewed study the Omicron strain possibly developed from mice infected by Covid..

2. The UK wave has peaked and on the way down, USA & Australia will also likely peak in the next week or two. (hospitalisations generally still go up for two weeks after the peak)

3. According to recent studies If you have had common coronavirus flues in the last year or so, you may have increased natural immunity to Covid.

4. Despite Covid and unlike most of the world Australia's life expediency rate has increased during covid.

5. From the worlds biggest real life study across the globe the Covid vaccine clearly doesn't prevent person to person transmission of Omicron to any substantial degree.

6. According to so called experts an 80 year old fully vaxed with booster has the same chance of hospitalisation as a teen to person in twenties.

7. NSW has 1,000 ICU beds.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm
Blowin wrote:

So no one is allowed to discuss contentious Covid measures imposed by the government, such as vaccine mandates, because nurses are run off their feet?

Come on bloke….are you genuinely that lacking to not be able to seperate several issues which, though occurring simultaneously, are not directly or primarily related?

Maybe you could use this thread to highlight the criminal underfunding of our health system, which is the primary reason the health system is in disarray, and not demand the baby is thrown out with the bath water because you’ve fallen for Scott Morrison’s bait and switch routine?

My point on this thread is that there’s a retinue of government behaviour during this situation which is not upheld by science or medical evidence and which are not the result of a competent and well intentioned bureaucracy ignoring politics in the name of public health.

If you don’t want to read this thread then don’t. You’re not an indisputable intellect whose every thought should be unquestionably taken as gospel, if you’ve got a point to make then make it. If it gets debated then it will stand or fall on its merit. Until then you can take your censorious urges elsewhere bloke. I’m sure you think your desire to silence public discussion is virtuous…..as did every self impressed petty tyrant throughout history.

You make some reasonable points. Some.

But - this isn't a debate, it's a shitshow. There's essentially no agreed bottom line.

We have Burleigh, who straight up misinterprets basic statistics claiming it as some victory for his cause - and we have people cheering him on (looking at you Shortenism). Acting as if he was smart enough to have the foresight to bet against medical science and is now involved in the world's biggest 'I told you so'.

There's also Supafreak who's seemingly an expert at searching out and cherry picking articles in an effort to raise 'doubt' and 'concern' about the only thing we can globally agree on right now (you know, how vaccination and boosters work).

Then yourself Blowin....well, I think VL's painted your picture quite well over the months I've been checking in on this page, won't try and outdo him.

So yeah, there's a bunch of people reiterating the same shit, with essentially no middle ground being found, nor chance of anyone changing their opinions - whilst we sit through a potentially once in a lifetime pandemic which has nearly killed a recorded million people and is currently toppling our health system.

I'm not going for censorship, I'm just an advocate for not giving the microphone to rambling crazy people.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:57pm

"So yeah, there's a bunch of people reiterating the same shit, with essentially no middle ground being found, nor chance of anyone changing their opinions"
This is true Stok, but good luck finding middle ground with pathological liars with zero fucking ethics.
It's like trying to find middle ground debating the shape of our planet with the flat earth society.
Best option is to mock the pathological lying mouth-breathing imbeciles.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:58pm
blindboy wrote:

"what percentage of the unvaxxed population do you think is holding out for non mRNA or viral vector vaccines?"

Ben, I have no idea beyond the fact that amongst my own contacts I don't know of anyone doing that, nor, beyond those with very specific existing conditions, am I aware of any justification for those views.

"Have you got empathy for the people concerned or stressed with pfizer/modernas/az’s vaccine technology and are holding out for something more traditional to be approved by the TGA i.e. Novavax. "

Yes I feel empathy for those who have been misled by the anti-vaccination propaganda into distrusting mRNA vaccines. Prior to NSW opening up people may have felt that since their risk of infection was so low they could avoid a (tiny) unnecessary risk. That makes no sense at all now.
My contempt is reserved for those who have contributed to the problem by posting or publishing toxic misinformation and undermining reliable sources. People, as they say, are entitled to their own opinons but not to their own facts. If I state an opinion it is clearly identified as such. If I state a fact I provide a link unless it is territory that has been covered numerous times before. The rabid anti-vaxxers here are just goldfish; every lap they start all over again with the same bullshit.

Appreciate the response BB.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:00pm

I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . Is it because those that chose mRNA to be vaccinated with won’t hear of anything negative being spoken about it ? There is more than 1 type of vaccine and mRNA has raised concerns with some , including myself , but if you dare question this technology then look out . I’m hoping that novavax and spikogen are not only approved here in Australia, but are also approved to be made and distributed here .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm

Hey Sicko Blindboy…

Remember a few weeks ago when you insisted that toddlers should be injected with the toxic substance? And as supporting evidence you claimed that thousands of young kids were suffering severe covid in the US ? I said that the US figures were basically fraudulent as the technique used to gather the data was inadequate.

You said I was an anti-vaccine fuckwit who was a threat to society. You implored Ben remove me and this thread due to the “misinformation “ I was spreading.

Then the US Centre for Disease Control ( CDC) issued a public statement, by their Director no less, which addressed the fact that US statistics on covid hospitalisation rates for children were not representative of the truth as the technique used to gather the statistics was inadequate.

So…..you insisted that vulnerable toddlers be injected on your say so based off a web of lies. You wanted alternative thought censored and deplatformed.

In reality, it’s you who was spreading the dangerous lies and misinformation. You do so confidently and stridently and you cannot tolerate the idea of anyone questioning your ideologically driven demand for public obeisance.

I could name another dozen instances where you’ve pushed incorrect information and you’ve quoted bullshit to support them. You don’t have a balanced perspective and you’re about 10% as smart as you think you are.

Bleat your bullshit if you must. I’ll just continue to publicly dismantle it. No dramas.

At least save us the ludicrous hyperbolic theatre of denouncing Swellnet as an “unethical publisher” when they don’t bow to your petty Ex Teacher authoritarianism. It’s fucking ridiculous, Sicko.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:04pm
Blowin wrote:

Guaranteed that almost everyone on here demanding this thread be pulled are Boomers, who are so used to selfishly getting society bent to their will, that they truly think nothing of forcibly injecting young people with an unnecessary substance or demanding that they forfeit their precious years of freedom, just so the Boomers can convince themselves that they never have to confront their own mortality.

Even if they’ve still got a 99.85% chance of surviving their poor imitation of an existential threat.

yep, you can put money on it...

the most gifted, privelaged, selfish and protected generation ever, see no problem imposing their will and burden on following generations..

and the bill for their largesse on the credit card of three generations to follow... all because they cannot face their own mortality...

it really is next level lacking self awareness on a grandiose scale

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:09pm

"I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . "
supa, you need to provide an example of that which did not involve a misrepresentation of the data on their safety and effictiveness.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

So no one is allowed to discuss contentious Covid measures imposed by the government, such as vaccine mandates, because nurses are run off their feet?

Come on bloke….are you genuinely that lacking to not be able to seperate several issues which, though occurring simultaneously, are not directly or primarily related?

Maybe you could use this thread to highlight the criminal underfunding of our health system, which is the primary reason the health system is in disarray, and not demand the baby is thrown out with the bath water because you’ve fallen for Scott Morrison’s bait and switch routine?

My point on this thread is that there’s a retinue of government behaviour during this situation which is not upheld by science or medical evidence and which are not the result of a competent and well intentioned bureaucracy ignoring politics in the name of public health.

If you don’t want to read this thread then don’t. You’re not an indisputable intellect whose every thought should be unquestionably taken as gospel, if you’ve got a point to make then make it. If it gets debated then it will stand or fall on its merit. Until then you can take your censorious urges elsewhere bloke. I’m sure you think your desire to silence public discussion is virtuous…..as did every self impressed petty tyrant throughout history.

You make some reasonable points. Some.

But - this isn't a debate, it's a shitshow. There's essentially no agreed bottom line.

We have Burleigh, who straight up misinterprets basic statistics claiming it as some victory for his cause - and we have people cheering him on (looking at you Shortenism). Acting as if he was smart enough to have the foresight to bet against medical science and is now involved in the world's biggest 'I told you so'.

There's also Supafreak who's seemingly an expert at searching out and cherry picking articles in an effort to raise 'doubt' and 'concern' about the only thing we can globally agree on right now (you know, how vaccination and boosters work).

Then yourself Blowin....well, I think VL's painted your picture quite well over the months I've been checking in on this page, won't try and outdo him.

So yeah, there's a bunch of people reiterating the same shit, with essentially no middle ground being found, nor chance of anyone changing their opinions - whilst we sit through a potentially once in a lifetime pandemic which has nearly killed a recorded million people and is currently toppling our health system.

I'm not going for censorship, I'm just an advocate for not giving the microphone to rambling crazy people.

No, you’re arguing for censorship. You just don’t like to be confronted with the definition of your actions as you like to convince yourself you’re a fair minded individual and not prone to petty tyranny.

If you don’t appreciate the questioning of authority by some on here that’s fine. Don’t engage with them. No one has asked for your contributions. Society needs , always and forever, people to question authority and the status quo. Particularly now with the pandemic acting as catalyst for all manner of revolutionary and momentous changes to society. Even to how we view ourselves as a society.

Not all behaviour taken in the name of the virus is benign and there’s a lot of very powerful and unhinged people who would abuse the situation to their own advantage.

Cynicism, skepticism and vocal expression of doubt are more essential now than in any period during my lifetime.

You don’t want to bear witness or , Heaven forbid, a few of your own personal beliefs are brought under the microscope, then perhaps you should step away?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:13pm
blindboy wrote:

"I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . "
supa, you need to provide an example of that which did not involve a misrepresentation of the data on their safety and effictiveness.

Hey Sicko Blindboy…

Remember a few weeks ago when you insisted that toddlers should be injected with the toxic substance? And as supporting evidence you claimed that thousands of young kids were suffering severe covid in the US ? I said that the US figures were basically fraudulent as the technique used to gather the data was inadequate.

You said I was an anti-vaccine fuckwit who was a threat to society. You implored Ben remove me and this thread due to the “misinformation “ I was spreading.

Then the US Centre for Disease Control ( CDC) issued a public statement, by their Director no less, which addressed the fact that US statistics on covid hospitalisation rates for children were not representative of the truth as the technique used to gather the statistics was inadequate.

So…..you insisted that vulnerable toddlers be injected on your say so , based off a web of lies. You wanted alternative thought censored and deplatformed.

In reality, it’s you who was spreading the dangerous lies and misinformation. You do so confidently and stridently and you cannot tolerate the idea of anyone questioning your ideologically driven demand for public obeisance.

I could name another dozen instances where you’ve pushed incorrect information and you’ve quoted bullshit to support them. You don’t have a balanced perspective and you’re about 10% as smart as you think you are.

Bleat your bullshit if you must. I’ll just continue to publicly dismantle it. No dramas.

At least save us the ludicrous hyperbolic theatre of denouncing Swellnet as an “unethical publisher” when they don’t bow to your petty Ex Teacher authoritarianism. It’s fucking ridiculous, Sicko

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
Supafreak wrote:

I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . Is it because those that chose mRNA to be vaccinated with won’t hear of anything negative being spoken about it ? There is more than 1 type of vaccine and mRNA has raised concerns with some , including myself , but if you dare question this technology then look out . I’m hoping that novavax and spikogen are not only approved here in Australia, but are also approved to be made and distributed here .

vaccine cultism...

working both ways

all ways...

but to ben's question...

why not the AZ vaccine?

millions and millions of whinging poms, and not much whinging, cant be wrong...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm
Supafreak wrote:

I agree v strange and beyond weird superfreak

Novavax decision likely within "10 days"

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:17pm

BB , If I do , you will only dismiss it , I’m tired of your demands .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm
monkeyboy wrote:

It feels like our country is falling apart, really falling apart. I just dont think we have the leadership anywhere to help; not in the public or private sector. It feels like "every person for themselves". Like a good day at Boiling Pot.

haha... totally!

but don't worry, a month or two and it all will have passed and cooler heads will prevail...

people are literally wigging out right now, having a little internal existential crisis, ...if they admit it or not...

(whether it's justified or not)

trust me, coupla weeks, the world will appear a different place, some normalcy will return

then is the time for reckoning...

and maybe a list...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:35pm
monkeyboy wrote:

That is very dramatic.

On the whole we are doing really well. So many countries are envious of how well we are doing. I can't think of any other country I would rather be than here.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:37pm
sypkan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

haha... totally!

but don't worry, a month or two and it all will have passed and cooler heads will prevail...

people are literally wigging out right now, having a little internal existential crisis, ...if they admit it or not...

trust me, coupla weeks, the world will appear a different place, some normalcy will return

and maybe a list...

"then is the time for reckoning..." "and maybe a list..."

What does this actually mean?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm
Blowin wrote:

No, you're arguing for censorship. You just don’t like to be confronted with the definition of your actions as you like to convince yourself you’re a fair minded individual and not prone to petty tyranny.

If you don’t appreciate the questioning of authority by some on here that’s fine. Don’t engage with them. No one has asked for your contributions. Society needs , always and forever, people to question authority and the status quo. Particularly now with the pandemic acting as catalyst for all manner of revolutionary and momentous changes to society. Even to how we view ourselves as a society.

Not all behaviour taken in the name of the virus is benign and there’s a lot of very powerful and unhinged people who would abuse the situation to their own advantage.

Cynicism, skepticism and vocal expression of doubt are more essential now than in any period during my lifetime.

You don’t want to bear witness or , Heaven forbid, a few of your own personal beliefs are brought under the microscope, then perhaps you should step away?

Questioning authority is fine, go your hardest. But, before you go around telling your little stories to anyone who'll listen, ask yourself:
- Am I appropriately informed to be making these assertions?
- Am I qualified or experienced enough?
- Am I offering solutions which I'm confident will provide better results, and will I take accountability if not?

If the answer to any of the above is no, any self respecting adult would keep their mouth shut.

Sure, there's probably some foul play associated with the pandemic response, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the foul play coming from the contrarians, the opportunistic grifters who've seen an chance like never before to capture the minds of a poor, misguided populace who feel hard done by because they had to wear a mask for a few weeks, or couldn't go to the pub. We've seen protests and anti government sentiment like never before, built on a backbone of anti-intellectualism / anti-science - all due to a few savvy conspiracy theorists, fringe politicians and 'innocent doubt' spreaders such as yourself.

What's even worse is Australia has enjoyed an incredibly smooth ride, and now has an exceptional vaccination rate (i.e. envy of the world), over the last 2 years due to government policy and sound medical advice - yet dickheads across the country still are crying big fat tears about losing their freedoms and how Australia has fallen, simply ignoring the fact that hundreds of thousands of lives have been saved.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm

there'll be reckoning... a huge one...

about the reality meets the hyperbole...

and there should be a list, of heads to roll...

but that won't really happen

so a list of people to never listen to again will have to suffice

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

No, you're arguing for censorship. You just don’t like to be confronted with the definition of your actions as you like to convince yourself you’re a fair minded individual and not prone to petty tyranny.

Questioning authority is fine, go your hardest. But, before you go around telling your little stories to anyone who'll listen, ask yourself:
- Am I offering solutions which I'm confident will provide better results, and will I take accountability if not?

If the answer to any of the above is no, any self respecting adult would keep their mouth shut.

Sure, there's probably some foul play associated with the pandemic response, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the foul play coming from the contrarians, the opportunistic grifters who've seen an chance like never before to capture the minds of a poor, misguided populace who feel hard done by because they had to wear a mask for a few weeks, or couldn't go to the pub. We've seen protests and anti government sentiment like never before, built on a backbone of anti-intellectualism / anti-science - all due to a few savvy conspiracy theorists, fringe politicians and 'innocent doubt' spreaders such as yourself.

What's even worse is Australia has enjoyed an incredibly smooth ride, and now has an exceptional vaccination rate (i.e. envy of the world), over the last 2 years due to government policy and sound medical advice - yet dickheads across the country still are crying big fat tears about losing their freedoms and how Australia has fallen, simply ignoring the fact that hundreds of thousands of lives have been saved.

Wow, what a load of dribble.

Hundreds of thousands of lives? Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story Stok. Create fear in your mind and vomit it

Australia is the laughing stock of the rest of the world not the envy.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm
Roadkill wrote:
sypkan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

haha... totally!

and maybe a list...

"then is the time for reckoning..." "and maybe a list..."

What does this actually mean?

It means sypkan is showing his fascist tendencies again.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm

Sypkan, always talking in riddles.
Name names. The list, who makes it?
Names or it's boring.
Again.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm

It probably means recriminations for the weirdos out there who’ve shown themselves to be utter flogs as soon as our community experiences the slightest wobble or deviation from normality.

Flogs like the bloke who last week declared that anyone not double vaccinated in a bakery was a potential murderer but now claims that even those ONLY double vaccinated are potential granny killers. The flogs who went to water and started revving up hate and division at the first hint of personal anxiety.

Though I’d dearly love to dispense a fair kick to the pants of these flogs, I reckon that we’d be best just to pretend the whole thing never happened and take it as a lesson that episodes such as 1935 Germany aren’t restricted to those of Teutonic descent.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:07pm
Roadkill wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

That is very dramatic.

On the whole we are doing really well. So many countries are envious of how well we are doing. I can't think of any other country I would rather be than here.

Who is envious of Australia? Or you making shit up again Roadkill.

Of course you would say that, you’re perfect world is a little bubble when if you sneeze you get locked up for 2 weeks.

You’re a scared old man, scared of a runny nose and want to potentially injure kids to keep you “safe”

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:07pm

Sypkan is prone to wild theories.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:09pm

Can anyone translate whatever the fuck snowflake is posting about?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:11pm
burleigh][quote=Roadkill wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

That is very dramatic.

Of course you would say that, you’re perfect world is a little bubble when if you sneeze you get locked up for 2 weeks.

You’re a scared old man, scared of a runny nose and want to potentially injure kids to keep you “safe”[/quote

This guy, lmao

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:13pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

Your problem is that you believe the most egregious missteps in the response to the virus have been science based. Incorrect.

The most impactful and onerous measures were ethically dubious and no attempt at scientific justification was ever established, even attempted.

So yes, I am qualified as a fair minded, sane and reasonably intelligent person to comment on the suitability of measures taken during this time. Particularly as it affects myself and those around me on a level which goes to the very heart of individual liberty. This is exponentially more true when it’s realised that Scott “ I shit my pants at MacDonalds “ Morrison is the apex leader to whom I’m supposed to defer momentous decisions over my bodily autonomy and inherent freedoms.

BTW…..you ever stopped to wonder why the national pandemic preparedness plans , which do exist prior to covid, explicitly avoided and denounced lockdowns. Yet within a few weeks of the virus being discovered these extensive plans were immediately shelved and we were locked in our homes?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:11pm

Yeah, I'd probably be inclined to say envy isn't the right word. Not from where I'm sitting anyway.

And Sypkan a fascist? Hardly, but I think Vic you love to use that word so often It's become your go-to.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:14pm

well, iit'd start with faucci and half of his merry men, their political enablers, and their media enablers...

throw in that peter daszak cunt, ...just because he's a cunt...

do the same in oz... (a small list)

do the same on swellnet... (see above -though cafe lycra didn't quite make my list, too insignificant... but those other misinformation spreading henny pennys!)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:14pm
zenagain wrote:

Yeah, I'd probably be inclined to say envy isn't the right word. Not from where I'm sitting anyway.

And Sypkan a fascist? Hardly, but I think Vic you love to use that word so often It's become your go-to.

Yeah, point. Japan is pretty much spot on.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:14pm
sypkan wrote:

but to ben's question...

why not the AZ vaccine?

millions and millions of whinging poms, and not much whinging, cant be wrong...

Bingo!!! Not much discussion on this topic. It sort of just drifted into the wilderness.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:26pm
Roadkill wrote:
zenagain wrote:

Yep.

Japan has stridently rejected , not just vaccinate mandates, but any public pressure upon the personal choice of vaccination.

Something of which a Lycra clad , Penny Farthing fuck bag like yourself fails to have the humanism to comprehend.

Hey….you’re one of the true old school, right wing shit bags whose mantra has always been respect the wave of personal responsibility….right up until it hits the solid bedrock of your chicken shit softcock self preservation instinct turned up to 11 by viral hyperbole.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:28pm

'And Sypkan a fascist? Hardly, but I think Vic you love to use that word so often It's become your go-to.'

yep

it's what the gender bending millenial and younger ip revolutionaries now do...

kinda creepy when an old dude does it though

an angry man old dude in lycra trying to mix it up with the yooth at the skatepark...

eewwwwwww!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:27pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

That is very dramatic.

You’re a scared old man, scared of a runny nose and want to potentially injure kids to keep you “safe”

Gawd, you never stop making stuff up.

I have never advocated kids to get vaxed, never ever.
But hey, you never post anything close to truth.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:29pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
zenagain wrote:

Yep.

Japan has stridently rejected , not just vaccinate mandates, but any public pressure upon the personal choice of vaccination.

Something of which a Lycra clad , Penny Farthing fuck bag like yourself fails to have the humanism to comprehend.

Hey….you’re one of the true old school, right wing shit bags whose mantra has always been respect the wave of personal responsibility….right up until it hits the solid bedrock of your chicken shit softcock self preservation instinct turned up to 11 by viral hyperbole.

I feel the love and peace, blowin. Hug brah?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:31pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
zenagain wrote:

Yep.

I feel the love and peace, blowin. Hug brah?

The blowin theme song. For you, snowflake.

https://m.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:38pm
Blowin wrote:

So yes, I am qualified as a fair minded, sane and reasonably intelligent person

I'm wondering then just what triggers bring on the insanity and intelligence meltdown when you start referring to others as cunts, fuckwits, retards, gheys, nazis, etc, etc in what are generally intelligent discussions in these forums??

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:41pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
zenagain wrote:

Yep.

Japan?
They apparently have vending machines that you can buy used panties out of in Japan too (never really saw the attraction but hey not judging..)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:47pm
garyg1412 wrote:
Blowin wrote:

So yes, I am qualified as a fair minded, sane and reasonably intelligent person

I'm wondering then just what triggers bring on the insanity and intelligence meltdown when you start referring to others as cunts, fuckwits, retards, gheys, nazis, etc, etc in what are generally intelligent discussions in these forums??

It alternates between genuine frustration and having a giggle.

It’s a surf website. I speak like I would amongst the crew checking the waves. Varies on the mood, the topic and the company.

My personal favourite is when I watch Sicko Blindboy transform from Self possessed model citizen into a Drunken sailor with terminal Tourette’s in a matter of several posts.

Hilarious.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm

mRNA drug development has substantial clinical development and regulatory risks due to limited regulatory experience with mRNA immunotherapies.

no mRNA immunotherapies have been approved or received emergency use authorization or conditional marketing authorization to date by the FDA, the EMA or other comparable regulatory authority.

Currently, mRNA is considered a gene therapy product by the FDA. Unlike certain gene therapies that irreversibly alter cell DNA and may cause certain side effects, mRNA-based medicines are designed not to irreversibly change cell DNA. Side effects observed in other gene therapies, however, could negatively impact the perception of immunotherapies despite the differences in mechanism. In addition, the regulatory pathway in the United States and may other jurisdictions for approval is uncertain. The pathway for an individualized therapy, such as our iNeST mRNA-based immunotherapy where each patient receives a different combination of mRNAs, remains particularly unsettled. The number and design of the clinical and preclinical studies required for the approval of these types of medicines have not been established, may be different from those required for gene therapy products or therapies that are not individualized or may require safety testing like gene therapy products. Moreover, the length of time necessary to complete clinical trials and submit an application for marketing approval by a regulatory authority varies significantly from one pharmaceutical product to the next and may be difficult to predict.

An interesting read.

https://investors.biontech.de/node/9571/html

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:48pm

blowin. "So yes, I am qualified as a fair minded, sane and reasonably intelligent person"

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:52pm

Give you a hug?

No chance. You’ll get guano on my shoes.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:57pm

Lots of crew now around here have gone through Covid.
(including my own family)

This is anecdotal so take with grain of salt.

Vaxxed seems to be 2-3days of sickness, mostly very mild, total recovery no fatigue lingering.

Unvaxxed 6-10 days with lingering fatigue. Some crew still in Wk 4 complaining of symptoms.

My observations: vax seems to reduce disease burden.

These are all young, healthy people 18-55. (plus 12 year old boy)

Source: my obs plus brothers obs plus nurse mate at Byron Hospital.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:58pm

aaron your link is dated December 2020 and so is out of date.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 3:59pm
burleigh wrote:

Wow, what a load of dribble.

Hundreds of thousands of lives? Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story Stok. Create fear in your mind and vomit it

Australia is the laughing stock of the rest of the world not the envy.

Look, I'll concede maybe the right wing, gun toting, Tucker Carlson/Candace Owens fans are laughing at Australia (in between, sadly, dying on covid) - but who really gives a fuck what they think.

But anyway, how's the maths homework going? Made it up to fractions yet? Or still on long division?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 4:06pm

"Look, I'll concede maybe the right wing, gun toting, Tucker Carlson/Candace Owens fans are laughing at Australia (in between, sadly, dying on covid) - but who really gives a fuck what they think."
The good news is, these fruitcakes have a tourism boycott going on Australia. Pity our nutters aren't fleeing Australia for some country that hasn't "fallen".
But in all seriousness this type of shit talk is dangerous. It encourages freedumb fighting loons to take matters into their own hands. Thank christ we have strong gun laws in Australia. The last thing we need is heavily armed cranks wanting to be heroes.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 4:07pm
Blowin wrote:

Your problem is that you believe the most egregious missteps in the response to the virus have been science based. Incorrect.

The most impactful and onerous measures were ethically dubious and no attempt at scientific justification was ever established, even attempted.

So yes, I am qualified as a fair minded, sane and reasonably intelligent person to comment on the suitability of measures taken during this time. Particularly as it affects myself and those around me on a level which goes to the very heart of individual liberty. This is exponentially more true when it’s realised that Scott “ I shit my pants at MacDonalds “ Morrison is the apex leader to whom I’m supposed to defer momentous decisions over my bodily autonomy and inherent freedoms.

BTW…..you ever stopped to wonder why the national pandemic preparedness plans , which do exist prior to covid, explicitly avoided and denounced lockdowns. Yet within a few weeks of the virus being discovered these extensive plans were immediately shelved and we were locked in our homes?

Lol - the heart of your individual liberty - Lol again.
Yesssss, how dare the governments use common sense (e.g. stay at home to avoid spreading a novel virus) and scientific recommendations (vaccinations reduce risk of hospitalisation and death), coupled with a fairly standard policy of managing infectious diseases for which we have freely available vaccines for (i.e. vaccine mandates, which limit privileges for those who refuse to make a small sacrifice of their time to get jabbed).