COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 9:09am
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 9:22am

4th shot now recommended for immunocompromised Adults. 3rd shot recommended for children.

7.51am
ATAGI recommends booster shots for vulnerable children

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 9:36am
burleigh wrote:

Vic, if half the people in ICU are unvaxxed, why is the death rate way higher for vaxxed people? Pandemic of the vaccinated?

Pandemic of the innumerate, more like.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 9:49am

Hey Burleigh, you might think the following question is irrelevant, but I think the analogy is useful when it comes to interpreting the statistics regarding the hospitalisation of vaxxed and unvaxxed patients. Do you think Aboriginal adults are overrepresented in the prison population? Bear in mind that they only represent 3% of the general population, but represent 27% of the prison population. According to the logic that you apply to hospitalisation statistics, Aboriginal adults are not overrepresented because a higher percentage of non-Aboriginal adults are in prison. Can you see the error in your interpretation of the hospitalisation statistics?

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 10:17am
Roadkill wrote:

So the fat fucks, elderly and unlucky, have zero value and who gives a fuck if they die? They do have some good to offer…like raising the death stats for vaccinated…which brings joy to a few.

They’re your words

Everyone has equal value, including vegan anti vaxxers

That’s why we have public hospitals

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 10:26am
Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 10:35am
Supafreak wrote:

Anybody care to comment on this article ? https://healthpolicy-watch.news/israel-fourth-covid-booster-ineffective/

My comment - it's typical, one sided journalist piece designed to sway and manipulate.

Title of the article states they are ineffective.

First sentence (journalist's 'executive summary') 'A fourth COVID-19 booster mRNA vaccine has proven ineffective against Omicron infection,'

Actual quote from the scientist being questioned - “Despite a significant increase in antibodies after the fourth vaccine, this protection is only partially effective against the Omicron strain, which is relatively resistant to the vaccine,”

So - significant increase in antibodies, and partially effective - well, how partial? Do they have results yet? Partial is a bit different to the journalist's opinion of 'proven ineffective'.

Oh - they have 154 workers who received their fourth shot 2 weeks ago - cool, that sounds like a good study group.

Didn't bother reading the rest, but I did see the sub headline further down, reminding everyone of how Omicron is actually mild.

Far out, and you wonder why we have problems here.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 10:56am
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Hey Vic,
17 deaths in NSW today - 14 fully vaccinated
7 deaths in QLD - 5 fully jabbed.

You seeing the beginning of the pattern yet?

Your jab doesn’t work

Make sure you check your maths / stats on this, burleigh: remember that 90%+ are vaxx, so the death rate at a numeric level cannot be directly compared between these two. Rather, you need to see the death rate per 100k or similar, for each group, vaxxed and non-vaxx. There's a name for this type of statistical comparison failure, but I can't remember it...who cares. The maths still stands and makes sense.

Also, not directed at you specifically, but I've also looked into Invermectin quite a bit and found nothing substantial to back the various claims of effectiveness against COVID. It is interesting to note the Merck statement on their own website about its use: https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-...
Go figure...people still want to take it after that? Why wouldn't Merck want to make money from it? Note also that Merck are still trying to develop their own COVID vaxx...so there's really no good reason for them to not want to market something in the meantime to make money (like all 'Big Pharma' does, right???).

Sorry mate but you’re wrong. Australia is around 78% fully vaccinated

Sorry mate, you're quoting figures for NSW and QLD, not ALL of Aus. Regardless, even if we look at >=12 2 doses, then you have 93% in NSW. So let's use that example to explain the stats here.

Let's say NSW had only 1m people >=12 yrs old (easier calcs for me), if 93% is double vaxxed then the population fully vaxxed is 930,000 (or so), and 70,000 not vaxxed.

If 17 people died, and 14 were fully vaxxed, 3 not, then:
Death Rates per 100k:
930k / 100k = 9.3, so death rate is 14 / 9.3 = 1.5 deaths per 100k
70k / 100k = 0.7, so death rate is 3 / 0.7 = 4.3 deaths per 100k

So you can see that when comparing like-for-like (per 100k population sets) for the two vastly DIFFERENT population sizes, you get just under 3 times the death rate for non-vaxxed.

Hope that helps you and any others still confused by this common statistical error.

Only relevant if they don’t include kids under 12 in covid stats, but they do. You can’t just leave out numbers to suit you.

Even with your irrelevant stats, shouldn’t your wonder drug do better? That’s what you were promised.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 10:54am

Would you really take health advise from an obese doctor?

https://fb.watch/aBKNPqQkJ8/

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:00am

You guys are going to loose your shit over this:

NSW 36 deaths - 33 fully vaccinated.

How on earth are you muppets going to defend this one?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:09am
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Anybody care to comment on this article ? https://healthpolicy-watch.news/israel-fourth-covid-booster-ineffective/

My comment - it's typical, one sided journalist piece designed to sway and manipulate.

Title of the article states they are ineffective.

First sentence (journalist's 'executive summary') 'A fourth COVID-19 booster mRNA vaccine has proven ineffective against Omicron infection,'

Actual quote from the scientist being questioned - “Despite a significant increase in antibodies after the fourth vaccine, this protection is only partially effective against the Omicron strain, which is relatively resistant to the vaccine,”

So - significant increase in antibodies, and partially effective - well, how partial? Do they have results yet? Partial is a bit different to the journalist's opinion of 'proven ineffective'.

Oh - they have 154 workers who received their fourth shot 2 weeks ago - cool, that sounds like a good study group.

Didn't bother reading the rest, but I did see the sub headline further down, reminding everyone of how Omicron is actually mild.

Far out, and you wonder why we have problems here.

It’s clear you have no understanding of the study or what the article is actually saying , but then you did admit you didn’t read it all . Same study can be found in bloomberg news but it has a paywall . So you also disregard what the WHO is saying, very interesting. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-01-11/repeat-booster-shots-.... https://www.bloomberg.com/asia

gray's picture
gray's picture
gray Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:11am
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Hey Vic,

Your jab doesn’t work

Make sure you check your maths / stats on this, burleigh: remember that 90%+ are vaxx, so the death rate at a numeric level cannot be directly compared between these two. Rather, you need to see the death rate per 100k or similar, for each group, vaxxed and non-vaxx. There's a name for this type of statistical comparison failure, but I can't remember it...who cares. The maths still stands and makes sense.

Also, not directed at you specifically, but I've also looked into Invermectin quite a bit and found nothing substantial to back the various claims of effectiveness against COVID. It is interesting to note the Merck statement on their own website about its use: https://www.merck.com/news/merck-statement-on-ivermectin-use-during-the-...
Go figure...people still want to take it after that? Why wouldn't Merck want to make money from it? Note also that Merck are still trying to develop their own COVID vaxx...so there's really no good reason for them to not want to market something in the meantime to make money (like all 'Big Pharma' does, right???).

Sorry mate, you're quoting figures for NSW and QLD, not ALL of Aus. Regardless, even if we look at >=12 2 doses, then you have 93% in NSW. So let's use that example to explain the stats here.

Let's say NSW had only 1m people >=12 yrs old (easier calcs for me), if 93% is double vaxxed then the population fully vaxxed is 930,000 (or so), and 70,000 not vaxxed.

Death Rates per 100k:

So you can see that when comparing like-for-like (per 100k population sets) for the two vastly DIFFERENT population sizes, you get just under 3 times the death rate for non-vaxxed.

Hope that helps you and any others still confused by this common statistical error.

Only relevant if they don’t include kids under 12 in covid stats, but they do. You can’t just leave out numbers to suit you.

Even with your irrelevant stats, shouldn’t your wonder drug do better? That’s what you were promised.

They are not irrelevant stats - you can't include the total population in the stats vs deaths as they total population is not yet fully able to receive the vax; and 5-12 was only just made available, so you can't include that group - fairly - yet either.
Hence you are dealing with the percentage >=12 only at this time, giving Nationally 91.6%, and for NSW at 93.8%. That - unfortunately for you - is a FACT.
So the unvaxxed are dying at a rate ~3 times greater. Simple stats.

Btw, I wasn't "promised" anything - rather, I looked at the rates of death and sickness in other parts of the world - and here - and made a decision about the effectiveness of the vaccines available based on peer-reviewed data and opinions of people who have studied immunology their whole lives.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:13am

Wow Burleigh still fighting the good fight...
Saving us from ourselves with the same dumb points over and over .
Make sure you get advice from someone else if you are ever going to borrow money at % rates mate cause you dont seem to understand basic fractions (pandemic of the innumerate might be comment of the day @ Stok)
Why not post again about abusing kids with jabs or asking how well the vaccine works cause someone who was vaccinated died or got covid so it doesnt work ,you havent written that today , maybe share a facebook post from your yoga teacher or healing hands guru instead?
I,ve met some dumb queenslanders in the past but jeeze you,ve lowered that bar (maybe by 78%)
Keep it up legend

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:14am
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Hey Vic,

Your jab doesn’t work

Death Rates per 100k:

They are not irrelevant stats - you can't include the total population in the stats vs deaths as they total population is not yet fully able to receive the vax; and 5-12 was only just made available, so you can't include that group - fairly - yet either.
Hence you are dealing with the percentage >=12 only at this time, giving Nationally 91.6%, and for NSW at 93.8%. That - unfortunately for you - is a FACT.

Btw, I wasn't "promised" anything - rather, I looked at the rates of death and sickness in other parts of the world - and here - and made a decision about the effectiveness of the vaccines available based on peer-reviewed data and opinions of people who have studied immunology their whole lives.

33 out of 36 deaths today fully vaccinated in NSW. The whole week has been similar.

You still believe the narrative that the unvaxxed are taking up icu/hospitals?

It would appear it’s fast becoming a pandemic of the vaccinated

gray's picture
gray's picture
gray Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:15am
burleigh wrote:

You guys are going to loose your shit over this:

NSW 36 deaths - 33 fully vaccinated.

How on earth are you muppets going to defend this one?

Haha! Still better statistically for vaxxed:

If 36 people died, and 33 were fully vaxxed, 3 not, then:
Death Rates per 100k:
930k / 100k = 9.3, so death rate is 33 / 9.3 = 3.6 deaths per 100k

Perhaps do the numbers yourself in future before you get too 'excited' about the daily stats.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:17am
mikehunt207 wrote:

Make sure you get advice from someone else if you are ever going to borrow money at % rates mate cause you dont seem to understand basic fractions (pandemic of the innumerate might be comment of the day @ Stok)
Why not post again about abusing kids with jabs or asking how well the vaccine works cause someone who was vaccinated died or got covid so it doesnt work ,you havent written that today , maybe share a facebook post from your yoga teacher or healing hands guru instead?
I,ve met some dumb queenslanders in the past but jeeze you,ve lowered that bar (maybe by 78%)
Keep it up legend

Ask the thousands of people with adverse reactions from your miracle juice or ask the families on the 33 out of 36 people that died fully vaccinated in NSW today.

Injecting kids with this experiment is child abuse. There I said it again for you

gray's picture
gray's picture
gray Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:18am
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:
gray wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Hey Vic,

Your jab doesn’t work

Death Rates per 100k:

33 out of 36 deaths today fully vaccinated in NSW. The whole week has been similar.

You still believe the narrative that the unvaxxed are taking up icu/hospitals?

It would appear it’s fast becoming a pandemic of the vaccinated

I never said anything about unvaxxed taking up icu/hospitals, actually. However, now you mention it - you can see from the stats explained several times already that unvaxxed are taking up an 'unfair' share of the proportion of ICU/hospital space, based on their 7% (NSW) population.

gray's picture
gray's picture
gray Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:20am
mikehunt207 wrote:

Keep it up legend

haha, yes...I think I might be at the point of giving up on the stats explanation to him now...you can lead a horse, and all that... ;-)

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:24am

Is there a maths teacher out there who can explain the stats to Burleigh? Perhaps Eddie Woo might make the penny drop for him?

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:32am
burleigh wrote:
mikehunt207 wrote:

Keep it up legend

Ask the thousands of people with adverse reactions from your miracle juice or ask the families on the 33 out of 36 people that died fully vaccinated in NSW today.

Injecting kids with this experiment is child abuse. There I said it again for you

Yeah thousands of people that got a head or body ache for a day or so .... fucking terrible

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:32am
mikehunt207 wrote:
burleigh wrote:
mikehunt207 wrote:

Keep it up legend

Yeah thousands of people that got a head or body ache for a day or so .... fucking terrible

Keep your head deep in that sandpit mate, only take it out to get your booster then let the world know how great you are.

Do it for your community.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:34am

Sorry to upset you again stok . Israeli study shows 4th shot of COVID-19 vaccine less effective on Omicron https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-study-shows-4th-shot-c... https://globalnews.ca/news/8517877/covid-fourth-vaccine-dose-omicron-isr...

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:37am

Burleigh who would take medical advice from a farkn tool bag on a surfing website forum ;)

That’s the only question you need to be asking yourself ;);)

Get over the whole fat ppl thing or old unhealthy ppl thing and the ‘I eat veggies’ shit. The incessant chest beating and soap box act is just attention seeking self validation.

You got no idea what’s occurring on the ground in hospitals, gp clinics, medical centres and, especially, oncology departments - let alone ICU…. Get off ya high horse ya wailing knobhead;);)

There are honest hardworking folk putting in huge hours and working round the clock atm to try give all Australians health care when needed. It’s a shit fight with government policy and vaccine mandates. There’s a bunch of wankers in charge doing what they think is best… for themselves.

Taking sides and trying to reinforce your frustrated perspective does nothing. Get past the simplistic and childish us against them bullshit… Provide some solutions if you think you know so much.

If you had any real idea of the sacrifices some are making in the medical field right now to help get as many people as possible effective care, then there is no way you’d have all this time day in day out talking shit here. Go and live ya life actually doing something for others on a broader scale ;)

No one has got or is getting this pandemic shit done absolutely right.

In the meantime, understand that vaccinations are a stopgap.
It’s no wonder drug - the ‘cure’ ideal is only a selling point (and mostly for stupid ppl)

Bit narcissistic to keep repeating your opinion/stance so fervently;)

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:39am

% of idiot and uneducated comments by burleigh 100%

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:41am
Jelly Flater wrote:

Burleigh who would take medical advice from a farkn tool bag on a surfing website forum ;)

Get over the whole fat ppl thing or old unhealthy ppl thing and the ‘I eat veggies’ shit. The incessant chest beating and soap box act is just attention seeking self validation.

You got no idea what’s occurring on the ground in hospitals, gp clinics, medical centres and, especially, oncology departments - let alone ICU…. Get off ya high horse ya wailing knobhead;);)

There are honest hardworking folk putting in huge hours and working round the clock atm to try give all Australians health care when needed. It’s a shit fight with government policy and vaccine mandates. There’s a bunch of wankers in charge doing what they think is best… for themselves.

Taking sides and trying to reinforce your frustrated perspective does nothing. Get past the simplistic and childish us against them bullshit… Provide some solutions if you think you know so much.

If you had any real idea of the sacrifices some are making in the medical field right now to help get as many people as possible effective care, then there is no way you’d have all this time day in day out talking shit here. Go and live ya life actually doing something for others on a broader scale ;)

It’s no wonder drug - the ‘cure’ ideal is only a selling point (and mostly for stupid ppl)

I did laugh at the wailing knobhead bit.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:52am
Supafreak wrote:

Sorry to upset you again stok . Israeli study shows 4th shot of COVID-19 vaccine less effective on Omicron https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-study-shows-4th-shot-c... https://globalnews.ca/news/8517877/covid-fourth-vaccine-dose-omicron-isr...

Thanks for you're concern - but I'm fine!
Much better work with that link....firstly, much more balanced and less emotive in the journalistic style:

"A fourth shot of COVID-19 vaccine boosts antibodies to even higher levels than the third jab but it is not enough to prevent Omicron infections, according to a preliminary study in Israel."

But it's hardly anything conclusive still, and I don't quite get why you're posting it?

"The vaccines led to a increase in the number of antibodies "even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose", said Regev-Yochay. "Yet, this is probably not enough for the Omicron,"

"The findings, which the hospital said were the first of its kind in the world, were preliminary and not yet published."

So basically, they're saying it boosts antibodies, but maybe not to a level which will give the same levels of effectiveness seen with the previous vaccines against previous variants.

Are they saying a fourth shot is not worth it? No.
Are they saying that there are better treatments available? No.
Are they saying anything conclusive? No.

Regardless, the current Australian medical advice is that a third shot is recommended for Omicron - why are you looking at 4th shots?

Also - do you not see the difference in writing style between the 2 articles?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:53am
Jelly Flater wrote:

Dear Swellnet - close the thread now! This is all that needs to be said!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:07pm
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Thanks for you're concern - but I'm fine!
Much better work with that link....firstly, much more balanced and less emotive in the journalistic style:

"A fourth shot of COVID-19 vaccine boosts antibodies to even higher levels than the third jab but it is not enough to prevent Omicron infections, according to a preliminary study in Israel."

But it's hardly anything conclusive still, and I don't quite get why you're posting it?

"The vaccines led to a increase in the number of antibodies "even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose", said Regev-Yochay. "Yet, this is probably not enough for the Omicron,"

"The findings, which the hospital said were the first of its kind in the world, were preliminary and not yet published."

So basically, they're saying it boosts antibodies, but maybe not to a level which will give the same levels of effectiveness seen with the previous vaccines against previous variants.

Are they saying a fourth shot is not worth it? No.
Are they saying that there are better treatments available? No.
Are they saying anything conclusive? No.

Regardless, the current Australian medical advice is that a third shot is recommended for Omicron - why are you looking at 4th shots?

Also - do you not see the difference in writing style between the 2 articles?

If you had bothered to read the first article in full, it also had stats on vaccinated v unvaccinated in hospital, i was actually hoping Burleigh might read it . There is much debate about 2nd boosters and it looks by this report that it won’t accomplish much if anything . It’s pretty clear different vaccines are what’s needed not 2nd 3rd 4th boosters. I also suggest that if you don’t like this thread , don’t read it . …..p.s. glad you’re ok

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:23pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Great post Jelly Flatter

I think this can extend to all of us to some degree, not just burleigh. None of us really have any idea what is truly going on. We can make some (somewhat accurate) inferences based on what we read, hear, see, and want to believe. Some very questionable governance decisions have exacerbated the division, confusion, frustration, and fostered a climate of suspicion for some, myself included. Overall and regardless of the politics at play, everyday people are working pretty damn hard to get us through this, that is something we can all appreciate. Questions should continue to be asked of all Gov'ts tho.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:26pm

Great post Jelly and also Gray, thanks!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:32pm

"None of us really have any idea what is truly going on."

Sorry Ben, I disagree. The medical scientists working in the field have a very clear idea of what is going on. It may not allow them to make exact predictions or, as yet, formulate perfect vaccines but they probably know more about this disease than any other in our history.
Similarly, for the general public, there is an abundance of informaton from reliable sources that enables anyone with a reasonable education and an open mind, to see the big picture. The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:36pm

Only a snivelling coward would refuse to get vaccinated.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:41pm

& code brown declared at Victorian hospitals

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/code-brown-called-for-victor...

I happened to be in there when code brown was called with the day of asthma and the dust storm up in the city, and reports were hectic. This is 4-6 weeks of code brown! Given this thread is the health system oveload forecaster, this is the overload, here it is.

meanwhile at the tennis

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/melbourne-park-resembles-a-ghos...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:47pm

I declared a code brown when I found a tiger snake under my sleeping bag camping at Iluka once.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:59pm

Keep going Burleigh. You balance the biased media and government messaging well. Those who are encouraging you to stop are uncomfortable hearing it. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

The NSW govt know whats going on. They have just quietly reported that of 36 people who have died from Covid in the last 24 hours, 33 of them were double jabbed.

In a true democracy with a balanced unbiased media the headlines should be reading "Fully Vaxxed Dying at Alarming Rates'. In the absence of this, ppl like Burleigh are critical. Keep going son.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:06pm

snivelling cowards and blithering idiots

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm

"...Similarly, for the general public, there is an abundance of informaton from reliable sources that enables anyone with a reasonable education and an open mind, to see the big picture. The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications."

glad we can agree on something...

education... open mind... big picture...

as to the second part... that would be a mammoth task... a deleting of a large chunk of the digital footprint of history... from the new york times all the way down to the wayward posts of zealots of all varieties on here...

just not practical really

and also rather censorious, pointless, and kinda not fun at all as we move forward...

https://m.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:14pm

"Keep going Burleigh. You balance the biased media and government messaging well. Those who are encouraging you to stop are uncomfortable hearing it. Sometimes, the truth hurts..."

I though that for a little while...

but his repetition and failure to grasp basic statistics has become rather tedious

but keep going burliegh, you're no more repetitive or dogmatic than your opponents, so yes, provides some balance...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm
blindboy wrote:

"None of us really have any idea what is truly going on."

Sorry Ben, I disagree. The medical scientists working in the field have a very clear idea of what is going on. It may not allow them to make exact predictions or, as yet, formulate perfect vaccines but they probably know more about this disease than any other in our history.
Similarly, for the general public, there is an abundance of informaton from reliable sources that enables anyone with a reasonable education and an open mind, to see the big picture. The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications.

I thought my comment may provoke a response from you BB, I was strictly referring to SN comment crew. Generally speaking though, the landscape changes every two weeks, as such we are responding on the run, we are two full years into a truly global pandemic, essentially uncharted territory for this generation. Anyway, if you read what I did say “...(somewhat accurate) inferences from what we read, hear, see, and want to believe…”

While I have you BB, yesterday's question went straight to the keeper, care to respond, I'm v interested to hear your perspective, no pisstake either mate:

“Query, as someone who sits on the opposite side of the choice fence to you, what percentage of the unvaxxed population do you think is holding out for non mRNA or viral vector vaccines? A couple % points or something more substantial? Anecdotally I know of around 20 (confirmed, probably more unconfirmed) give or take, elderly family members included. Have you got empathy for the people concerned or stressed with pfizer/modernas/az’s vaccine technology and are holding out for something more traditional to be approved by the TGA i.e. Novavax. Disregarding the actual safety of these vaccines, these are their views and they are not budging. Do you categorize these people with the same contempt as your stock standard anti-vaxxers that refuse any/all immunization for Covid-19 specifically?”

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:18pm
Stok wrote:
Jelly Flater wrote:

Dear Swellnet - close the thread now! This is all that needs to be said!

So no one is allowed to discuss contentious Covid measures imposed by the government, such as vaccine mandates, because nurses are run off their feet?

Come on bloke….are you genuinely that lacking to not be able to seperate several issues which, though occurring simultaneously, are not directly or primarily related?

Maybe you could use this thread to highlight the criminal underfunding of our health system, which is the primary reason the health system is in disarray, and not demand the baby is thrown out with the bath water because you’ve fallen for Scott Morrison’s bait and switch routine?

My point on this thread is that there’s a retinue of government behaviour during this situation which is not upheld by science or medical evidence and which are not the result of a competent and well intentioned bureaucracy ignoring politics in the name of public health.

If you don’t want to read this thread then don’t. You’re not an indisputable intellect whose every thought should be unquestionably taken as gospel, if you’ve got a point to make then make it. If it gets debated then it will stand or fall on its merit. Until then you can take your censorious urges elsewhere bloke. I’m sure you think your desire to silence public discussion is virtuous…..as did every self impressed petty tyrant throughout history.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
wallpaper wrote:

Only a snivelling coward would refuse to get vaccinated.

Sure bloke.

Start sending out your white feathers.

And we’ll start organising the cell in the dungeon for the failed tyrants who demanded that healthy young individuals, who are not imperilled by the virus, be ostracised from society because they refuse an injection which has zero statistical benefit and which does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
wallpaper wrote:

snivelling cowards and blithering idiots

Sure bloke.

Sling those insults. Then run down to the GP with your tail between your legs for your 35th vaccination in two years.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:31pm

Guaranteed that almost everyone on here demanding this thread be pulled are Boomers, who are so used to selfishly getting society bent to their will, that they truly think nothing of forcibly injecting young people with an unnecessary substance or demanding that they forfeit their precious years of freedom, just so the Boomers can convince themselves that they never have to confront their own mortality.

Even if they’ve still got a 99.85% chance of surviving their poor imitation of an existential threat.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:32pm

Still no rise in premiums for the unvaxxxed with insurance. I reckon those companies have some pretty clever number nerds with pretty sharp pencils.
Interesting….

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:37pm

“The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications”

That’s you bloke.

You are responsible for more lies, bullshit and misinformation than anyone on these threads.

FACT.

I don’t think you even appreciate what ethics and ethical behaviour actually involves. You certainly never hesitate to demand sacrifices from others to protect yourself. Your sense of entitlement is overwhelming and disgusting.

If you were the same age you are now back in 1969 you’d be demanding that 19 year old Australians shut the fuvk up and ship off to Vietnam. Same vibe.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:36pm

"(the vaccine has) zero statistical benefit and which does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus."
Hey blowin, that's up with your 3% of ICU beds are filled with the unvaxxed bullshit ?
blowin, the reason why you get insulted so often is because you're a pathological bullshit artist.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:46pm
Vic Local wrote:

"(the vaccine has) zero statistical benefit and which does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus."
Hey blowin, that's up with your 3% of ICU beds are filled with the unvaxxed bullshit ?
blowin, the reason why you get insulted so often is because you're a pathological bullshit artist.

Confidence is a strange beast.

Take last night for example, when you were shown to be talking absolute dung. You were explicitly proven to be lying using the NSW department of Health’s own information.

So you went quiet for a while.

Then you felt emboldened by others to issue a little defensive caveat on your own behalf. Another lie of course.

Then you used that lie as support to launch another mini tirade of lies. Before you know it , you’re back with your full frontal attack of made up bullshit built off a foundation of nonsensical rubbish you’ve invented on a whim.

On your bike bloke.

Your stupidity depresses me and your witless style bores me.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:46pm
Vic Local wrote:
And blowin's back to making up figures again. There's not 1000 ICU beds in NSW.

NSW Health official graphic:

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:47pm

Gee it's hilarious how the pathological bullshit artists like to write FACT in capitals at the end of their posts. It's like they genuinely believe that four letter word magically turns all their putrid bullshit into a truthful statement.
blowin, you're a pathetic little bullshit artist, and furiously typing FACT at the end of your post doesn't change that one little bit.