COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:37am

Burleigh who would take medical advice from a farkn tool bag on a surfing website forum ;)

That’s the only question you need to be asking yourself ;);)

Get over the whole fat ppl thing or old unhealthy ppl thing and the ‘I eat veggies’ shit. The incessant chest beating and soap box act is just attention seeking self validation.

You got no idea what’s occurring on the ground in hospitals, gp clinics, medical centres and, especially, oncology departments - let alone ICU…. Get off ya high horse ya wailing knobhead;);)

There are honest hardworking folk putting in huge hours and working round the clock atm to try give all Australians health care when needed. It’s a shit fight with government policy and vaccine mandates. There’s a bunch of wankers in charge doing what they think is best… for themselves.

Taking sides and trying to reinforce your frustrated perspective does nothing. Get past the simplistic and childish us against them bullshit… Provide some solutions if you think you know so much.

If you had any real idea of the sacrifices some are making in the medical field right now to help get as many people as possible effective care, then there is no way you’d have all this time day in day out talking shit here. Go and live ya life actually doing something for others on a broader scale ;)

No one has got or is getting this pandemic shit done absolutely right.

In the meantime, understand that vaccinations are a stopgap.
It’s no wonder drug - the ‘cure’ ideal is only a selling point (and mostly for stupid ppl)

Bit narcissistic to keep repeating your opinion/stance so fervently;)

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:39am

% of idiot and uneducated comments by burleigh 100%

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:41am
Jelly Flater wrote:

Burleigh who would take medical advice from a farkn tool bag on a surfing website forum ;)

Get over the whole fat ppl thing or old unhealthy ppl thing and the ‘I eat veggies’ shit. The incessant chest beating and soap box act is just attention seeking self validation.

You got no idea what’s occurring on the ground in hospitals, gp clinics, medical centres and, especially, oncology departments - let alone ICU…. Get off ya high horse ya wailing knobhead;);)

There are honest hardworking folk putting in huge hours and working round the clock atm to try give all Australians health care when needed. It’s a shit fight with government policy and vaccine mandates. There’s a bunch of wankers in charge doing what they think is best… for themselves.

Taking sides and trying to reinforce your frustrated perspective does nothing. Get past the simplistic and childish us against them bullshit… Provide some solutions if you think you know so much.

If you had any real idea of the sacrifices some are making in the medical field right now to help get as many people as possible effective care, then there is no way you’d have all this time day in day out talking shit here. Go and live ya life actually doing something for others on a broader scale ;)

It’s no wonder drug - the ‘cure’ ideal is only a selling point (and mostly for stupid ppl)

I did laugh at the wailing knobhead bit.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:52am
Supafreak wrote:

Sorry to upset you again stok . Israeli study shows 4th shot of COVID-19 vaccine less effective on Omicron https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-study-shows-4th-shot-c... https://globalnews.ca/news/8517877/covid-fourth-vaccine-dose-omicron-isr...

Thanks for you're concern - but I'm fine!
Much better work with that link....firstly, much more balanced and less emotive in the journalistic style:

"A fourth shot of COVID-19 vaccine boosts antibodies to even higher levels than the third jab but it is not enough to prevent Omicron infections, according to a preliminary study in Israel."

But it's hardly anything conclusive still, and I don't quite get why you're posting it?

"The vaccines led to a increase in the number of antibodies "even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose", said Regev-Yochay. "Yet, this is probably not enough for the Omicron,"

"The findings, which the hospital said were the first of its kind in the world, were preliminary and not yet published."

So basically, they're saying it boosts antibodies, but maybe not to a level which will give the same levels of effectiveness seen with the previous vaccines against previous variants.

Are they saying a fourth shot is not worth it? No.
Are they saying that there are better treatments available? No.
Are they saying anything conclusive? No.

Regardless, the current Australian medical advice is that a third shot is recommended for Omicron - why are you looking at 4th shots?

Also - do you not see the difference in writing style between the 2 articles?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 11:53am
Jelly Flater wrote:

Dear Swellnet - close the thread now! This is all that needs to be said!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:07pm
Stok wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Sorry to upset you again stok . Israeli study shows 4th shot of COVID-19 vaccine less effective on Omicron https://www.reuters.com/world/middle-east/israeli-study-shows-4th-shot-c... https://globalnews.ca/news/8517877/covid-fourth-vaccine-dose-omicron-isr...

Thanks for you're concern - but I'm fine!
Much better work with that link....firstly, much more balanced and less emotive in the journalistic style:

"A fourth shot of COVID-19 vaccine boosts antibodies to even higher levels than the third jab but it is not enough to prevent Omicron infections, according to a preliminary study in Israel."

But it's hardly anything conclusive still, and I don't quite get why you're posting it?

"The vaccines led to a increase in the number of antibodies "even a little bit higher than what we had after the third dose", said Regev-Yochay. "Yet, this is probably not enough for the Omicron,"

"The findings, which the hospital said were the first of its kind in the world, were preliminary and not yet published."

So basically, they're saying it boosts antibodies, but maybe not to a level which will give the same levels of effectiveness seen with the previous vaccines against previous variants.

Are they saying a fourth shot is not worth it? No.
Are they saying that there are better treatments available? No.
Are they saying anything conclusive? No.

Regardless, the current Australian medical advice is that a third shot is recommended for Omicron - why are you looking at 4th shots?

Also - do you not see the difference in writing style between the 2 articles?

If you had bothered to read the first article in full, it also had stats on vaccinated v unvaccinated in hospital, i was actually hoping Burleigh might read it . There is much debate about 2nd boosters and it looks by this report that it won’t accomplish much if anything . It’s pretty clear different vaccines are what’s needed not 2nd 3rd 4th boosters. I also suggest that if you don’t like this thread , don’t read it . …..p.s. glad you’re ok

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:23pm
Jelly Flater wrote:

Great post Jelly Flatter

I think this can extend to all of us to some degree, not just burleigh. None of us really have any idea what is truly going on. We can make some (somewhat accurate) inferences based on what we read, hear, see, and want to believe. Some very questionable governance decisions have exacerbated the division, confusion, frustration, and fostered a climate of suspicion for some, myself included. Overall and regardless of the politics at play, everyday people are working pretty damn hard to get us through this, that is something we can all appreciate. Questions should continue to be asked of all Gov'ts tho.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:26pm

Great post Jelly and also Gray, thanks!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:32pm

"None of us really have any idea what is truly going on."

Sorry Ben, I disagree. The medical scientists working in the field have a very clear idea of what is going on. It may not allow them to make exact predictions or, as yet, formulate perfect vaccines but they probably know more about this disease than any other in our history.
Similarly, for the general public, there is an abundance of informaton from reliable sources that enables anyone with a reasonable education and an open mind, to see the big picture. The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:36pm

Only a snivelling coward would refuse to get vaccinated.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:41pm

& code brown declared at Victorian hospitals

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/code-brown-called-for-victor...

I happened to be in there when code brown was called with the day of asthma and the dust storm up in the city, and reports were hectic. This is 4-6 weeks of code brown! Given this thread is the health system oveload forecaster, this is the overload, here it is.

meanwhile at the tennis

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/melbourne-park-resembles-a-ghos...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:47pm

I declared a code brown when I found a tiger snake under my sleeping bag camping at Iluka once.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 12:59pm

Keep going Burleigh. You balance the biased media and government messaging well. Those who are encouraging you to stop are uncomfortable hearing it. Sometimes, the truth hurts.

The NSW govt know whats going on. They have just quietly reported that of 36 people who have died from Covid in the last 24 hours, 33 of them were double jabbed.

In a true democracy with a balanced unbiased media the headlines should be reading "Fully Vaxxed Dying at Alarming Rates'. In the absence of this, ppl like Burleigh are critical. Keep going son.

wallpaper's picture
wallpaper's picture
wallpaper Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:06pm

snivelling cowards and blithering idiots

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm

"...Similarly, for the general public, there is an abundance of informaton from reliable sources that enables anyone with a reasonable education and an open mind, to see the big picture. The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications."

glad we can agree on something...

education... open mind... big picture...

as to the second part... that would be a mammoth task... a deleting of a large chunk of the digital footprint of history... from the new york times all the way down to the wayward posts of zealots of all varieties on here...

just not practical really

and also rather censorious, pointless, and kinda not fun at all as we move forward...

https://m.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:14pm

"Keep going Burleigh. You balance the biased media and government messaging well. Those who are encouraging you to stop are uncomfortable hearing it. Sometimes, the truth hurts..."

I though that for a little while...

but his repetition and failure to grasp basic statistics has become rather tedious

but keep going burliegh, you're no more repetitive or dogmatic than your opponents, so yes, provides some balance...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm
blindboy wrote:

"None of us really have any idea what is truly going on."

Sorry Ben, I disagree. The medical scientists working in the field have a very clear idea of what is going on. It may not allow them to make exact predictions or, as yet, formulate perfect vaccines but they probably know more about this disease than any other in our history.
Similarly, for the general public, there is an abundance of informaton from reliable sources that enables anyone with a reasonable education and an open mind, to see the big picture. The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications.

I thought my comment may provoke a response from you BB, I was strictly referring to SN comment crew. Generally speaking though, the landscape changes every two weeks, as such we are responding on the run, we are two full years into a truly global pandemic, essentially uncharted territory for this generation. Anyway, if you read what I did say “...(somewhat accurate) inferences from what we read, hear, see, and want to believe…”

While I have you BB, yesterday's question went straight to the keeper, care to respond, I'm v interested to hear your perspective, no pisstake either mate:

“Query, as someone who sits on the opposite side of the choice fence to you, what percentage of the unvaxxed population do you think is holding out for non mRNA or viral vector vaccines? A couple % points or something more substantial? Anecdotally I know of around 20 (confirmed, probably more unconfirmed) give or take, elderly family members included. Have you got empathy for the people concerned or stressed with pfizer/modernas/az’s vaccine technology and are holding out for something more traditional to be approved by the TGA i.e. Novavax. Disregarding the actual safety of these vaccines, these are their views and they are not budging. Do you categorize these people with the same contempt as your stock standard anti-vaxxers that refuse any/all immunization for Covid-19 specifically?”

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:18pm
Stok wrote:
Jelly Flater wrote:

Dear Swellnet - close the thread now! This is all that needs to be said!

So no one is allowed to discuss contentious Covid measures imposed by the government, such as vaccine mandates, because nurses are run off their feet?

Come on bloke….are you genuinely that lacking to not be able to seperate several issues which, though occurring simultaneously, are not directly or primarily related?

Maybe you could use this thread to highlight the criminal underfunding of our health system, which is the primary reason the health system is in disarray, and not demand the baby is thrown out with the bath water because you’ve fallen for Scott Morrison’s bait and switch routine?

My point on this thread is that there’s a retinue of government behaviour during this situation which is not upheld by science or medical evidence and which are not the result of a competent and well intentioned bureaucracy ignoring politics in the name of public health.

If you don’t want to read this thread then don’t. You’re not an indisputable intellect whose every thought should be unquestionably taken as gospel, if you’ve got a point to make then make it. If it gets debated then it will stand or fall on its merit. Until then you can take your censorious urges elsewhere bloke. I’m sure you think your desire to silence public discussion is virtuous…..as did every self impressed petty tyrant throughout history.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:16pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:25pm
wallpaper wrote:

Only a snivelling coward would refuse to get vaccinated.

Sure bloke.

Start sending out your white feathers.

And we’ll start organising the cell in the dungeon for the failed tyrants who demanded that healthy young individuals, who are not imperilled by the virus, be ostracised from society because they refuse an injection which has zero statistical benefit and which does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:26pm
wallpaper wrote:

snivelling cowards and blithering idiots

Sure bloke.

Sling those insults. Then run down to the GP with your tail between your legs for your 35th vaccination in two years.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:31pm

Guaranteed that almost everyone on here demanding this thread be pulled are Boomers, who are so used to selfishly getting society bent to their will, that they truly think nothing of forcibly injecting young people with an unnecessary substance or demanding that they forfeit their precious years of freedom, just so the Boomers can convince themselves that they never have to confront their own mortality.

Even if they’ve still got a 99.85% chance of surviving their poor imitation of an existential threat.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:32pm

Still no rise in premiums for the unvaxxxed with insurance. I reckon those companies have some pretty clever number nerds with pretty sharp pencils.
Interesting….

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:37pm

“The confusion is created by those who, deliberately or otherwise, spread misinformation and the failure of publishers to act ethically and remove it promptly from their publications”

That’s you bloke.

You are responsible for more lies, bullshit and misinformation than anyone on these threads.

FACT.

I don’t think you even appreciate what ethics and ethical behaviour actually involves. You certainly never hesitate to demand sacrifices from others to protect yourself. Your sense of entitlement is overwhelming and disgusting.

If you were the same age you are now back in 1969 you’d be demanding that 19 year old Australians shut the fuvk up and ship off to Vietnam. Same vibe.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:36pm

"(the vaccine has) zero statistical benefit and which does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus."
Hey blowin, that's up with your 3% of ICU beds are filled with the unvaxxed bullshit ?
blowin, the reason why you get insulted so often is because you're a pathological bullshit artist.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:46pm
Vic Local wrote:

"(the vaccine has) zero statistical benefit and which does nothing to prevent the spread of the virus."
Hey blowin, that's up with your 3% of ICU beds are filled with the unvaxxed bullshit ?
blowin, the reason why you get insulted so often is because you're a pathological bullshit artist.

Confidence is a strange beast.

Take last night for example, when you were shown to be talking absolute dung. You were explicitly proven to be lying using the NSW department of Health’s own information.

So you went quiet for a while.

Then you felt emboldened by others to issue a little defensive caveat on your own behalf. Another lie of course.

Then you used that lie as support to launch another mini tirade of lies. Before you know it , you’re back with your full frontal attack of made up bullshit built off a foundation of nonsensical rubbish you’ve invented on a whim.

On your bike bloke.

Your stupidity depresses me and your witless style bores me.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:46pm
Vic Local wrote:
And blowin's back to making up figures again. There's not 1000 ICU beds in NSW.

NSW Health official graphic:

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:47pm

Gee it's hilarious how the pathological bullshit artists like to write FACT in capitals at the end of their posts. It's like they genuinely believe that four letter word magically turns all their putrid bullshit into a truthful statement.
blowin, you're a pathetic little bullshit artist, and furiously typing FACT at the end of your post doesn't change that one little bit.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:47pm

"what percentage of the unvaxxed population do you think is holding out for non mRNA or viral vector vaccines?"

Ben, I have no idea beyond the fact that amongst my own contacts I don't know of anyone doing that, nor, beyond those with very specific existing conditions, am I aware of any justification for those views.

"Have you got empathy for the people concerned or stressed with pfizer/modernas/az’s vaccine technology and are holding out for something more traditional to be approved by the TGA i.e. Novavax. "

Yes I feel empathy for those who have been misled by the anti-vaccination propaganda into distrusting mRNA vaccines. Prior to NSW opening up people may have felt that since their risk of infection was so low they could avoid a (tiny) unnecessary risk. That makes no sense at all now.
My contempt is reserved for those who have contributed to the problem by posting or publishing toxic misinformation and undermining reliable sources. People, as they say, are entitled to their own opinons but not to their own facts. If I state an opinion it is clearly identified as such. If I state a fact I provide a link unless it is territory that has been covered numerous times before. The rabid anti-vaxxers here are just goldfish; every lap they start all over again with the same bullshit.

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:48pm

It feels like our country is falling apart, really falling apart. I just dont think we have the leadership anywhere to help; not in the public or private sector. It feels like "every person for themselves". Like a good day at Boiling Pot.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:51pm

We're still waiting on your link to prove your complete and utter 3% bullshit statement blowin.
Putting up some meaningless graphic doesn't change the fact you lied about the percentage of unvaccinated people currently in ICU in NSW.
It's laughable that when your bullshit gets exposed for what it is, you don't put up your hand and admit it, you just pile more shit on top.
Like I said before, it's pathological with you mate.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm

So what have we learnt in the last week or so?

1. According to a peer reviewed study the Omicron strain possibly developed from mice infected by Covid..

2. The UK wave has peaked and on the way down, USA & Australia will also likely peak in the next week or two. (hospitalisations generally still go up for two weeks after the peak)

3. According to recent studies If you have had common coronavirus flues in the last year or so, you may have increased natural immunity to Covid.

4. Despite Covid and unlike most of the world Australia's life expediency rate has increased during covid.

5. From the worlds biggest real life study across the globe the Covid vaccine clearly doesn't prevent person to person transmission of Omicron to any substantial degree.

6. According to so called experts an 80 year old fully vaxed with booster has the same chance of hospitalisation as a teen to person in twenties.

7. NSW has 1,000 ICU beds.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:52pm
Blowin wrote:

So no one is allowed to discuss contentious Covid measures imposed by the government, such as vaccine mandates, because nurses are run off their feet?

Come on bloke….are you genuinely that lacking to not be able to seperate several issues which, though occurring simultaneously, are not directly or primarily related?

Maybe you could use this thread to highlight the criminal underfunding of our health system, which is the primary reason the health system is in disarray, and not demand the baby is thrown out with the bath water because you’ve fallen for Scott Morrison’s bait and switch routine?

My point on this thread is that there’s a retinue of government behaviour during this situation which is not upheld by science or medical evidence and which are not the result of a competent and well intentioned bureaucracy ignoring politics in the name of public health.

If you don’t want to read this thread then don’t. You’re not an indisputable intellect whose every thought should be unquestionably taken as gospel, if you’ve got a point to make then make it. If it gets debated then it will stand or fall on its merit. Until then you can take your censorious urges elsewhere bloke. I’m sure you think your desire to silence public discussion is virtuous…..as did every self impressed petty tyrant throughout history.

You make some reasonable points. Some.

But - this isn't a debate, it's a shitshow. There's essentially no agreed bottom line.

We have Burleigh, who straight up misinterprets basic statistics claiming it as some victory for his cause - and we have people cheering him on (looking at you Shortenism). Acting as if he was smart enough to have the foresight to bet against medical science and is now involved in the world's biggest 'I told you so'.

There's also Supafreak who's seemingly an expert at searching out and cherry picking articles in an effort to raise 'doubt' and 'concern' about the only thing we can globally agree on right now (you know, how vaccination and boosters work).

Then yourself Blowin....well, I think VL's painted your picture quite well over the months I've been checking in on this page, won't try and outdo him.

So yeah, there's a bunch of people reiterating the same shit, with essentially no middle ground being found, nor chance of anyone changing their opinions - whilst we sit through a potentially once in a lifetime pandemic which has nearly killed a recorded million people and is currently toppling our health system.

I'm not going for censorship, I'm just an advocate for not giving the microphone to rambling crazy people.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:57pm

"So yeah, there's a bunch of people reiterating the same shit, with essentially no middle ground being found, nor chance of anyone changing their opinions"
This is true Stok, but good luck finding middle ground with pathological liars with zero fucking ethics.
It's like trying to find middle ground debating the shape of our planet with the flat earth society.
Best option is to mock the pathological lying mouth-breathing imbeciles.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 1:58pm
blindboy wrote:

"what percentage of the unvaxxed population do you think is holding out for non mRNA or viral vector vaccines?"

Ben, I have no idea beyond the fact that amongst my own contacts I don't know of anyone doing that, nor, beyond those with very specific existing conditions, am I aware of any justification for those views.

"Have you got empathy for the people concerned or stressed with pfizer/modernas/az’s vaccine technology and are holding out for something more traditional to be approved by the TGA i.e. Novavax. "

Yes I feel empathy for those who have been misled by the anti-vaccination propaganda into distrusting mRNA vaccines. Prior to NSW opening up people may have felt that since their risk of infection was so low they could avoid a (tiny) unnecessary risk. That makes no sense at all now.
My contempt is reserved for those who have contributed to the problem by posting or publishing toxic misinformation and undermining reliable sources. People, as they say, are entitled to their own opinons but not to their own facts. If I state an opinion it is clearly identified as such. If I state a fact I provide a link unless it is territory that has been covered numerous times before. The rabid anti-vaxxers here are just goldfish; every lap they start all over again with the same bullshit.

Appreciate the response BB.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:00pm

I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . Is it because those that chose mRNA to be vaccinated with won’t hear of anything negative being spoken about it ? There is more than 1 type of vaccine and mRNA has raised concerns with some , including myself , but if you dare question this technology then look out . I’m hoping that novavax and spikogen are not only approved here in Australia, but are also approved to be made and distributed here .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm

Hey Sicko Blindboy…

Remember a few weeks ago when you insisted that toddlers should be injected with the toxic substance? And as supporting evidence you claimed that thousands of young kids were suffering severe covid in the US ? I said that the US figures were basically fraudulent as the technique used to gather the data was inadequate.

You said I was an anti-vaccine fuckwit who was a threat to society. You implored Ben remove me and this thread due to the “misinformation “ I was spreading.

Then the US Centre for Disease Control ( CDC) issued a public statement, by their Director no less, which addressed the fact that US statistics on covid hospitalisation rates for children were not representative of the truth as the technique used to gather the statistics was inadequate.

So…..you insisted that vulnerable toddlers be injected on your say so based off a web of lies. You wanted alternative thought censored and deplatformed.

In reality, it’s you who was spreading the dangerous lies and misinformation. You do so confidently and stridently and you cannot tolerate the idea of anyone questioning your ideologically driven demand for public obeisance.

I could name another dozen instances where you’ve pushed incorrect information and you’ve quoted bullshit to support them. You don’t have a balanced perspective and you’re about 10% as smart as you think you are.

Bleat your bullshit if you must. I’ll just continue to publicly dismantle it. No dramas.

At least save us the ludicrous hyperbolic theatre of denouncing Swellnet as an “unethical publisher” when they don’t bow to your petty Ex Teacher authoritarianism. It’s fucking ridiculous, Sicko.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:04pm
Blowin wrote:

Guaranteed that almost everyone on here demanding this thread be pulled are Boomers, who are so used to selfishly getting society bent to their will, that they truly think nothing of forcibly injecting young people with an unnecessary substance or demanding that they forfeit their precious years of freedom, just so the Boomers can convince themselves that they never have to confront their own mortality.

Even if they’ve still got a 99.85% chance of surviving their poor imitation of an existential threat.

yep, you can put money on it...

the most gifted, privelaged, selfish and protected generation ever, see no problem imposing their will and burden on following generations..

and the bill for their largesse on the credit card of three generations to follow... all because they cannot face their own mortality...

it really is next level lacking self awareness on a grandiose scale

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:09pm

"I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . "
supa, you need to provide an example of that which did not involve a misrepresentation of the data on their safety and effictiveness.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

You make some reasonable points. Some.

But - this isn't a debate, it's a shitshow. There's essentially no agreed bottom line.

We have Burleigh, who straight up misinterprets basic statistics claiming it as some victory for his cause - and we have people cheering him on (looking at you Shortenism). Acting as if he was smart enough to have the foresight to bet against medical science and is now involved in the world's biggest 'I told you so'.

There's also Supafreak who's seemingly an expert at searching out and cherry picking articles in an effort to raise 'doubt' and 'concern' about the only thing we can globally agree on right now (you know, how vaccination and boosters work).

Then yourself Blowin....well, I think VL's painted your picture quite well over the months I've been checking in on this page, won't try and outdo him.

So yeah, there's a bunch of people reiterating the same shit, with essentially no middle ground being found, nor chance of anyone changing their opinions - whilst we sit through a potentially once in a lifetime pandemic which has nearly killed a recorded million people and is currently toppling our health system.

I'm not going for censorship, I'm just an advocate for not giving the microphone to rambling crazy people.

No, you’re arguing for censorship. You just don’t like to be confronted with the definition of your actions as you like to convince yourself you’re a fair minded individual and not prone to petty tyranny.

If you don’t appreciate the questioning of authority by some on here that’s fine. Don’t engage with them. No one has asked for your contributions. Society needs , always and forever, people to question authority and the status quo. Particularly now with the pandemic acting as catalyst for all manner of revolutionary and momentous changes to society. Even to how we view ourselves as a society.

Not all behaviour taken in the name of the virus is benign and there’s a lot of very powerful and unhinged people who would abuse the situation to their own advantage.

Cynicism, skepticism and vocal expression of doubt are more essential now than in any period during my lifetime.

You don’t want to bear witness or , Heaven forbid, a few of your own personal beliefs are brought under the microscope, then perhaps you should step away?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:13pm
blindboy wrote:

"I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . "
supa, you need to provide an example of that which did not involve a misrepresentation of the data on their safety and effictiveness.

Hey Sicko Blindboy…

Remember a few weeks ago when you insisted that toddlers should be injected with the toxic substance? And as supporting evidence you claimed that thousands of young kids were suffering severe covid in the US ? I said that the US figures were basically fraudulent as the technique used to gather the data was inadequate.

You said I was an anti-vaccine fuckwit who was a threat to society. You implored Ben remove me and this thread due to the “misinformation “ I was spreading.

Then the US Centre for Disease Control ( CDC) issued a public statement, by their Director no less, which addressed the fact that US statistics on covid hospitalisation rates for children were not representative of the truth as the technique used to gather the statistics was inadequate.

So…..you insisted that vulnerable toddlers be injected on your say so , based off a web of lies. You wanted alternative thought censored and deplatformed.

In reality, it’s you who was spreading the dangerous lies and misinformation. You do so confidently and stridently and you cannot tolerate the idea of anyone questioning your ideologically driven demand for public obeisance.

I could name another dozen instances where you’ve pushed incorrect information and you’ve quoted bullshit to support them. You don’t have a balanced perspective and you’re about 10% as smart as you think you are.

Bleat your bullshit if you must. I’ll just continue to publicly dismantle it. No dramas.

At least save us the ludicrous hyperbolic theatre of denouncing Swellnet as an “unethical publisher” when they don’t bow to your petty Ex Teacher authoritarianism. It’s fucking ridiculous, Sicko

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
Supafreak wrote:

I find it just plain weird that anyone that questions mRNA , regardless of their vaccination status or profession , immediately get labeled anti-vax RWNJ . Is it because those that chose mRNA to be vaccinated with won’t hear of anything negative being spoken about it ? There is more than 1 type of vaccine and mRNA has raised concerns with some , including myself , but if you dare question this technology then look out . I’m hoping that novavax and spikogen are not only approved here in Australia, but are also approved to be made and distributed here .

vaccine cultism...

working both ways

all ways...

but to ben's question...

why not the AZ vaccine?

millions and millions of whinging poms, and not much whinging, cant be wrong...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm
Supafreak wrote:

I agree v strange and beyond weird superfreak

Novavax decision likely within "10 days"

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:17pm

BB , If I do , you will only dismiss it , I’m tired of your demands .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm
monkeyboy wrote:

It feels like our country is falling apart, really falling apart. I just dont think we have the leadership anywhere to help; not in the public or private sector. It feels like "every person for themselves". Like a good day at Boiling Pot.

haha... totally!

but don't worry, a month or two and it all will have passed and cooler heads will prevail...

people are literally wigging out right now, having a little internal existential crisis, ...if they admit it or not...

(whether it's justified or not)

trust me, coupla weeks, the world will appear a different place, some normalcy will return

then is the time for reckoning...

and maybe a list...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:35pm
monkeyboy wrote:

That is very dramatic.

On the whole we are doing really well. So many countries are envious of how well we are doing. I can't think of any other country I would rather be than here.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:37pm
sypkan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:

haha... totally!

but don't worry, a month or two and it all will have passed and cooler heads will prevail...

people are literally wigging out right now, having a little internal existential crisis, ...if they admit it or not...

(whether it's justified or not)

trust me, coupla weeks, the world will appear a different place, some normalcy will return

then is the time for reckoning...

and maybe a list...

"then is the time for reckoning..." "and maybe a list..."

What does this actually mean?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm
Blowin wrote:

No, you're arguing for censorship. You just don’t like to be confronted with the definition of your actions as you like to convince yourself you’re a fair minded individual and not prone to petty tyranny.

If you don’t appreciate the questioning of authority by some on here that’s fine. Don’t engage with them. No one has asked for your contributions. Society needs , always and forever, people to question authority and the status quo. Particularly now with the pandemic acting as catalyst for all manner of revolutionary and momentous changes to society. Even to how we view ourselves as a society.

Not all behaviour taken in the name of the virus is benign and there’s a lot of very powerful and unhinged people who would abuse the situation to their own advantage.

Cynicism, skepticism and vocal expression of doubt are more essential now than in any period during my lifetime.

You don’t want to bear witness or , Heaven forbid, a few of your own personal beliefs are brought under the microscope, then perhaps you should step away?

Questioning authority is fine, go your hardest. But, before you go around telling your little stories to anyone who'll listen, ask yourself:
- Am I appropriately informed to be making these assertions?
- Am I qualified or experienced enough?
- Am I offering solutions which I'm confident will provide better results, and will I take accountability if not?

If the answer to any of the above is no, any self respecting adult would keep their mouth shut.

Sure, there's probably some foul play associated with the pandemic response, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the foul play coming from the contrarians, the opportunistic grifters who've seen an chance like never before to capture the minds of a poor, misguided populace who feel hard done by because they had to wear a mask for a few weeks, or couldn't go to the pub. We've seen protests and anti government sentiment like never before, built on a backbone of anti-intellectualism / anti-science - all due to a few savvy conspiracy theorists, fringe politicians and 'innocent doubt' spreaders such as yourself.

What's even worse is Australia has enjoyed an incredibly smooth ride, and now has an exceptional vaccination rate (i.e. envy of the world), over the last 2 years due to government policy and sound medical advice - yet dickheads across the country still are crying big fat tears about losing their freedoms and how Australia has fallen, simply ignoring the fact that hundreds of thousands of lives have been saved.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:42pm

there'll be reckoning... a huge one...

about the reality meets the hyperbole...

and there should be a list, of heads to roll...

but that won't really happen

so a list of people to never listen to again will have to suffice

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 18 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

No, you're arguing for censorship. You just don’t like to be confronted with the definition of your actions as you like to convince yourself you’re a fair minded individual and not prone to petty tyranny.

Questioning authority is fine, go your hardest. But, before you go around telling your little stories to anyone who'll listen, ask yourself:
- Am I appropriately informed to be making these assertions?
- Am I qualified or experienced enough?
- Am I offering solutions which I'm confident will provide better results, and will I take accountability if not?

If the answer to any of the above is no, any self respecting adult would keep their mouth shut.

Sure, there's probably some foul play associated with the pandemic response, but it's a drop in the ocean compared to the foul play coming from the contrarians, the opportunistic grifters who've seen an chance like never before to capture the minds of a poor, misguided populace who feel hard done by because they had to wear a mask for a few weeks, or couldn't go to the pub. We've seen protests and anti government sentiment like never before, built on a backbone of anti-intellectualism / anti-science - all due to a few savvy conspiracy theorists, fringe politicians and 'innocent doubt' spreaders such as yourself.

What's even worse is Australia has enjoyed an incredibly smooth ride, and now has an exceptional vaccination rate (i.e. envy of the world), over the last 2 years due to government policy and sound medical advice - yet dickheads across the country still are crying big fat tears about losing their freedoms and how Australia has fallen, simply ignoring the fact that hundreds of thousands of lives have been saved.

Wow, what a load of dribble.

Hundreds of thousands of lives? Don’t let the truth get in the way of a good story Stok. Create fear in your mind and vomit it

Australia is the laughing stock of the rest of the world not the envy.