indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:35am
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
thermalben wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Do you really think Elon wouldn't have known all the figures and financial risk and challenges ahead???

Do you really think the richest man in the world would not have a team of people crunching figures and looking at all kinds of different scenarios???

He has moved fast in important areas like cutting staff and id expect getting more productivity from those remaining and also implementing new ideas quickly, but it's way way way to early to judge if his vision will be successful both from a users view and a business income view, just because he launches some grey tick and then retracts it means little in the scheme of things, give him a few months maybe even six months or more then let's start judging things.

You can also bet he has surrounded himself with the very best people in all the fields needed and you would expect he has all kinds of plans to improve things and produce income.

Based on his past success its more likely he will turn it into a money making business in a year or two and create a much more user friendly platform in the next few months where people will be able to share and debate ideas in a much more free way.

Yet to be confirmed, but apparently 75% of the remaining 3,700-odd Twitter employees have not opted to stay after the “hardcore” email.

However, confirmed is that Twitter has closed employee access to all of its offices.

He is literally draining the swamp of woke self self entitled lazy millennials, to replace them with people who want to work, you can imagine how lazy they were before (even videos showing it) imagine how lazy they are now when they don't believe in Musk vision or like their boss, probably causing issues rather than fixing them.

I get that retraining staff is never a great scenario, but one new worker will probably do ten times the amount of work of the staff he lets go, you would expect these are low skilled jobs and not coders etc

I do worry he is pushing things a little hard, but i also have faith in him and i love his balls to the wall open to all approach and his sense of humour.

I get that it's not something everyone appreciates though, wish we could fast forward six months and see what happens.

So, he is killing off half his customers…they maybe woke but woke buy stuff, and advertisers like people that buy stuff.

Huh???

They aren't customers they are employees, he just wants employees who are normal people(not ideology driven or at least a broad mix of views) and decent workers.

9 out of 10 people that are going to leave twitter would have left already, but most are still on twitter doing what most people on twitter do giving their 2 cents worth.

It seems twitter is even receiving record user numbers.

Im certain the woke and left are just as welcome on twitter as anyone else, Musk and sensible people in general dont restrict or cancel people based on opposing thoughts or ideologies, they discuss or challenge opposing views instead, canceling is weak and only done by people that know their views are wrong.

BTW. Many of the biggest sponsors to leave or pause sponsorship were automobile companies, they left not because of fear of hate speech or uncertainty, but more because Musk owns Tesla and they fear their advertising won't get bang for buck or be suppressed or that he will use any data for Telsla benefit, or even anding money to Twitter is helping Musk/Tesla in a sense.

Woke workers cater to and understand a woke customer base. Get rid of the woke twitter staff and replace with a right wing group think and you drive a huge customer base away. Business needs to understand who their base is and where their revenue comes from.
A mix of ideas and staff is important.

Btw, how do you know the staff Musk is getting rid of are not normal people? And they are lazy?

Maybe you should offer your considerable knowledge of all things staff to Musk, you could be a consultant.

Twitter in the past has clearly been very ideological driven from top down to the point Musk who doesn't belong to left or right a true centrist, purchased it to get rid of the ideology and create a platform that treats people fairly as possible where ideas can be debated and not canceled.

While lots of woke people use twitter, i highly doubt the user base is woke, the majority of people in society aren't woke or left or right, its fair to assume twitter users overall are the same. (BTW. again I'm certain those woke users are just as welcome by Musk to use twitter as others, and just as welcome to share their crazy views, like men can have babies etc, that's what free speech is about)

And why on earth would you think Musk wants to replace staff "with a right wing group think"???

That would be just as bad as having a a woke ideology driven platform, it goes against the whole purpose of buying twitter.

In regard to staff, the company clearly needed a clear out and a change of culture, if they are hard workers and not ideological driven then I'm sure they wouldn't want to leave and he wouldn't want to lose them.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:57am
blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:08am

“Twitter in the past has clearly been very ideological driven from top down to the point Musk who doesn't belong to left or right a true centrist, purchased it to get rid of the ideology….”
Do you truly believe that Indo?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:19am

@indo , you say musk is all for freedom of speech and people shouldn’t be canceled, instead their views should be debated. This all sounds good but it’s not what he’s done with Twitter ( yet ) . There’s plenty of people, some professionals and well known in their fields that were canceled during covid and haven’t been allowed back . If he can so easily reinstate the people he canceled why not reinstate others ? Trump has stated he won’t come back even if invited and Musk would probably love to have him back because it would attract more viewers. Musk has started a few surveys but is having problems with bots , which is something he said he’d remove . The main adds I’m seeing at the moment are for gambling and meeting slavic women. I don’t gamble and not I’m not interested in dating sites .

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:33am

Musk…i’m all for freedom of speech.
Engineers (multiple)….Um, actually Elon that is incorrect.
Musk…You're (all) fired.

Musk is actually a bit of a precious snowflake and can’t really take criticism or having his shortcoming or lack of knowledge / understanding highlighted.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 10:12am
blackers wrote:

“Twitter in the past has clearly been very ideological driven from top down to the point Musk who doesn't belong to left or right a true centrist, purchased it to get rid of the ideology….”

Indo has absolutely no idea what left and right mean apart from maybe applying them to who people vote for.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 10:44am

I’d actually like to see trump back on Twitter for entertainment but even if I could sign up to truth social I would give it a pass .

. Some believe the poll is a bot trap which would actually be pretty smart if true. Comments are entertaining as always.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 10:49am

What bewilders me is how someone who: self describes himself as someone who spent his formative school years drawing instead of listening to teachers; says he doesn’t read books; and recently claimed he nolonger engages with any social media can seek to explain here such complex executive management functions like corporate change, restructuring and culture. I guess it’s possible but it’s bewildering nonetheless

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 10:54am

Trump will be back on Twitter in a heartbeat if he gets a chance.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 10:55am
freeride76 wrote:

Definitely

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 11:21am
AndyM wrote:
blackers wrote:

Indo has absolutely no idea what left and right mean apart from maybe applying them to who people vote for.

He only has a tenuous grasp on what "woke" means, despite liberally throwing the word around.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 11:42am
Supafreak wrote:

What’s a decent worker ? Someone that works 16 hours a day 7 days a week or someone that knows what they are actually doing and gets the job done efficiently in a minimal amount of time ? If you’re good at your job what’s the problem doing it from home ?

Now things are back to normal, it is time to get everyone back to the office 9-5. Elon has exactly the right idea. The surf has been way too crowded, and so many people out is scaring the fish ;)

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 11:39am

To me it seems that Elon is doing... exactly what he said he'd do.

Here's a timeline of his whole approach to takeover:

https://www.ign.com/articles/elon-musks-twitter-takeover-and-the-chaos-t...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 11:52am

Poll results

Whaling and culling interesting too

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 11:59am
freeride76 wrote:

I'm curious on this.. what happens to Truth Social then? Would quickly lose the primary reason for its existence. But would Trump shut it down if it started losing traffic?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:14pm

that's fast democracy

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:19pm

Trump loves the attention of getting him back on twitter. Twitter needs Trump more than Trump needs twitter. Trump knows this.
Everything Trump says and does is reported in various media, so twitter does not offer Trump a more wider audience than what he reaches now.
I would imagine truth social offers Trump more and with TS he is 100% in control. He may go back to twitter in the future if TS does not gain a huge number of new signups. TS is right and I don’t think too many from the left will sign up and it may be twitter than can allow him to wind up and trigger the left..depending on how many stay with twitter.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:21pm

I did predict Trump running in 2024 (he's announced - doesn't mean he'll win the Republican ticket) and twitter clearance being necessary upthread...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:22pm

E4-F07304-22-FF-44-E6-965-B-70317-F31-F607

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:26pm
blackers wrote:

Im honestly confused which bit you wouldn't agree with???

1. The ideological driven bit?

2. Musk political leanings?

3. Or reason for twitter purchase?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:27pm
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , you say musk is all for freedom of speech and people shouldn’t be canceled, instead their views should be debated. This all sounds good but it’s not what he’s done with Twitter ( yet ) . There’s plenty of people, some professionals and well known in their fields that were canceled during covid and haven’t been allowed back . If he can so easily reinstate the people he canceled why not reinstate others ? Trump has stated he won’t come back even if invited and Musk would probably love to have him back because it would attract more viewers. Musk has started a few surveys but is having problems with bots , which is something he said he’d remove . The main adds I’m seeing at the moment are for gambling and meeting slavic women. I don’t gamble and not I’m not interested in dating sites .

The first lift on banning only happened yesterday, they seemed the most obvious high profile bans to be lifted they were bans that made no sense to most people to begin with and very ideology driven.

Who knows what other well know bans will be lifted, obviously you start with the easy decisions first and work towards the harder ones.

Obviously many people banned have been banned for real reasons, so it doesn't mean everyone who's been banned will receive ban lifts.

And you are also never going to keep everyone happy but the aim is obviously to just find some sensible middle ground that has been missing.

Id expect its impossible to get rid of bots completely, when ive heard Musk talk its been about reducing the incentive for bots and reducing exposure to bots through algorithms, id expect that will take time.

You really need to let go of this idea that Twitter will magically become perfect overnight, things always take time the guy is literally rebuilding a company in all kinds of ways, you would expect it will take months to reshape things as needed could even take a year or so to reach his vision.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:41pm

Indo said “ You really need to let go of this idea that Twitter will magically become perfect overnight, “ this is hilarious indo , you need to let go of this idea that everything is going to plan .

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:49pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
blackers wrote:

Im honestly confused which bit you wouldn't agree with???

1. The ideological driven bit?

2. Musk political leanings?

3. Or reason for twitter purchase?

All of it really, but principally the reason for buying Twitter. Coz if it is true then your idealogy argument becomes irrelevant as the purchase is an idealogical move. The bloke is a business man, he does stuff to make money, anything said otherwise is just Snake oil showpony shit. As shown by how hard he tried to pull back from the deal once he realised he had offered well over the odds. As for all the earlier discussion of productivity and the 10% of staff who do v 90% dead weight, it would be interesting to see the basis for those figures. They sound pretty much made up to support an idealogical viewpoint to me. Anyways, enjoy your day.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 12:48pm
thermalben wrote:
freeride76 wrote:

I'm curious on this.. what happens to Truth Social then? Would quickly lose the primary reason for its existence. But would Trump shut it down if it started losing traffic?

I'm just guessing, but I think he will do both.

Maintain TS for his base and go back onto Twitter to get back his "mainstream" audience.

Trump's twitter ban definitely reduced his media reach.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:10pm

Truth social has just over 4 million subscribers, trump had 86 million followers on Twitter. Truth social isn’t trumps money and has some problems of its own . https://time.com/6216670/trump-truth-social-struggles/

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:17pm
Supafreak wrote:

Truth social has just over 4 million subscribers, trump had 86 million followers on Twitter. Truth social isn’t trumps money and has some problems of its own . https://time.com/6216670/trump-truth-social-struggles/

Truth Social is Trumps vanity / ego play. That ego / vanity is used in 99% of decisions Trump makes.

Will be an interesting battle to watch play out.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:19pm
Supafreak wrote:

Indo said “ You really need to let go of this idea that Twitter will magically become perfect overnight, “ this is hilarious indo , you need to let go of this idea that everything is going to plan .

My understanding from what others have said in interviews and from Musk is he doesn't work like how you might expect, this is the plan and we follow it and we either succeed or fail.

I think he works more with a basic plan and idea but then adjust as needed, he is constantly adapting and re evaluating things and isn't scared to make mistakes or admit when he does or care at all what others think, this is the way he works and the process he uses.

This was reconfirmed to me yesterday listening to a podcast with Robert Zubrin American aerospace engineer about getting to Mars and living on mars ect, he has worked with Elon and has great respect for him and says he will get his flight going to mars and was explaining that Musk might blow up six ships getting there but by doing so each time he will learn and improve, this is the process he uses.

If something doesnt work out, its not a failure its an experience to learn from and part of the process, I guess thats the difference between people like Musk and most of us, we look at things as either failure or success instead of looking at things as a process to success.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:24pm

So why buy it in the first place, if you don't know exactly how to fix it? $44 billion is a lot for a bit of a larf.

I reckon this bloke has the most accurate take on what's happened.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:24pm

Absolutely Indo, try and if you don't succeed, refine or replan and try again

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:25pm

And he’s back. Fun times ahead.

Elon Musk reinstates Donald Trump's Twitter account after 15 million accounts respond to poll - ABC News

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 1:27pm
thermalben wrote:

So why buy it in the first place, if you don't know exactly how to fix it? $44 billion is a lot for a bit of a larf.

https://twitter.com/drskyskull/status/1593465921498144769

Why buy it? Ego, vanity, god complex…? Irrationality is complex but it exists and we need to live with it.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 2:34pm
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 3:42pm
thermalben wrote:

That is an epic read

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 3:58pm
thermalben wrote:

Haha, right wing, mouth breathers!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 3:58pm

Indo said “ I think he works more with a basic plan and idea but then adjust as needed, he is constantly adapting and re evaluating things and isn't scared to make mistakes or admit when he does or care at all what others think, this is the way he works and the process he uses.

This was reconfirmed to me yesterday listening to a podcast with Robert Zubrin American aerospace engineer about getting to Mars and living on mars ect, he has worked with Elon and has great respect for him and says he will get his flight going to mars and was explaining that Musk might blow up six ships getting there but by doing so each time he will learn and improve, this is the process he uses. “ ……….geez that puts a whole new meaning on the word fired when it comes to astronauts.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 4:22pm
GuySmiley wrote:

What bewilders me is how someone who: self describes himself as someone who spent his formative school years drawing instead of listening to teachers; says he doesn’t read books; and recently claimed he nolonger engages with any social media can seek to explain here such complex executive management functions like corporate change, restructuring and culture. I guess it’s possible but it’s bewildering nonetheless

Oh please dude your criticising me for saying what Musk is doing makes sense and and agreeing with the other guy on twitter is saying, what both of us are saying/observing isn't rocket science is very basic business principles and mostly common sense. (unlike thermalben last twitter link that sounds more like a conspiracy theory)

Most people who buy business of any size do similar things, It's rare for someone to buy a business and keep everything as it was unless its a franchise, most people keep what they believe is good or working and change other things to the vision they have, this also often involves cutting staff or even bringing in their own team.

Your dissing and condescending me for backing Elon, meanwhile a whole heap of people are saying Elon doesn't know what he is doing, he shouldn't do this he should do that blah blah blah, thinking they are somehow experts in running a huge online business and somehow think they know better than a very experienced successful business man and no doubt a whole team of the very best business advisors money can buy, to me that whole view is super arrogant it's very unlikely they know better than Elon and his team especially when they dont even know all the information on the business that Elon and team are privy too.

Regarding judging people based on what they did at school or books they read or dont read, if thats how you judge people thats your problem, because that shit in the real world counts for very little.

As for social media not sure why you think i dont use it, i do, i only said im not interested in Twitter because its too political, i already waste enough time here.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 4:22pm

Maybe Elon needs to get a second opinion other than his current best business advisor team when it comes to Twitter.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 4:25pm

How do you know he hasn't?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 5:02pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Well maybe he has if his best team that advised him to pay 44 billion for a company not even worth half that amount. But it’s not about profit or even breaking even is it indo ? Isn’t it about giving everyone a platform where freedom of speech triumphs over all ? What a great bloke , I truly hope he succeeds.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 6:35pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:02pm
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Well maybe he has if his best team that advised him to pay 44 billion for a company not even worth half that amount. But it’s not about profit or even breaking even is it indo ? Isn’t it about giving everyone a platform where freedom of speech triumphs over all ? What a great bloke , I truly hope he succeeds.

How do you know his team didn't advise him not to buy???

People dont always listen to advice.

This whole aspect of the conversation on why he bought twitter is kinda pointless I've tried to avoid going into it again, so hopefully this will be the last time.

This is what he has said many times in different ways

“The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilisation to have a common digital town square, where a wide range of beliefs can be debated in a healthy manner, without resorting to violence.” “That is why I bought Twitter. I didn’t do it because it would be easy. I didn’t do it to make more money. I did it to try to help humanity, whom I love.”

You can choose to believe him or not, i dont see why he would lie about buying twitter????

If his motivation was to make money, why not just say so???... most people buy business to make money, there is no shame in admitting it if that was his main motivation.

There's really only four options i can see on why he would buy twitter..

1. Money: Purely to make money most peoples motivation to do business, personal i dont see this as the main motivation as he has said its not his main motivation and i dint have any reason not to believe him after all he is the richest man in the world and a very smart business man and im sure there is much better and safer investments to make money if money was the goal.

That said now he has twitter obviously he wants it to be successful , so your words you are trying to put in my mouth "But it’s not about profit or even breaking even is it indo" isn't true as a motivation..

2. Personal reasons: Tied into what he has said, I think a decent part of the reason, he is obviously obsessed with Twitter but seems to have a love hate thing with it, which is not unusual many of us are addicted to social media but also kinda of wish it didn't exist.

He also seems to invest in things he is passionate about and seems to want to change the world, im sure he also enjoys challenges associated with business, i dont expect he cares if people like you think he will fail, I'm sure that motivates him to succeed

3. Social reasons: Again fits into what he has said, if you are the richest man in the world, why not spend your money changing the world in some way?

If you believe in something and have the ability to bring change, why not especially when you are so rich.

4. Political reasons; He doesn't seem overly political i believe he has always been a Democratic voter but looks to be swinging the to Republican in recent history(see link), but i think its unlikely he bought twitter to push a party or candidate or to run in politics himself.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/08/technology/elon-musk-twitter-election...

On the deal itself i think he was conflicted, i think his heart wanted to go through with it for reasons he has said but his business head said your crazy.

There is other left field possibilities for added motivation too, not saying they will happen, but maybe.

For example while i believe his motivations are what he says he also might have some left field idea that will be built around Twitter in the future, like some type of digital online payment system that will become an option to other payments then in time possibly be the only payment option on twitter this would only be rolled out once Twitter is a stable and has a good amount of people paying for subscription services like a blue tick or whatever.

It might be a crypto block chain thing or it might be more like PayPal or Wise, remember he is a co founder of PayPal and also interested in Crypto.

Again not saying his will happen but it or something like this could be a possibility down the track even if its years away.

And there is what sees to be your view.

Which seems to be, for some reason he is lying about his motivations and bought twitter just to make money, but he is so stupid he paid overs and doesn't know what he is doing and twitter could even be gone by Christmas.

And if only he had contacted Supa and got business advice and you could have warned him it was a bad deal, or if he rings you now you could let him know how to run his business better...sure.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:02pm

You forgot to mention ivermectin indo.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:13pm

This is a must watch, the Supafreak & Indo thread its great Sunday evening entertainment. Who needs pay TV or 60Minutes when you’ve got this gold. you’ve gotta give it to Indo he’s persistent and consistent. Keep it up boys.

Invermectin hey. I await the reply. Brilliant stuff

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:17pm

“The reason I acquired Twitter is because it is important to the future of civilisation to have a common digital town square"

Interesting.

I think it's important for the future of civilisation to reject social media - it's been a dismal failure so far and shows no sign of getting any better, no matter how much optimism spruikers like Musk display.
Social media (along with the broader commercial media) is very much to blame for the shallow binaries that masquerade as public discourse.
Having said that, it's impossible to imagine putting the genie back in the bottle and I'd rather have a censor-free setup where sunlight can be the best antiseptic rather than force all the stooges into dark corners where they can further delude each other.
But I dare say all the cockroaches will gather under the fridge regardless.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:22pm

If we had put the technical effort put into social media in this last boom, into space exploration instead - we'd be on Mars by now.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 8:34pm

Info, corporate culture, restructuring and change management is rocket science, nothing simple about it, so lets just see if Musk will remotely get it right shall we.

my brother in law left school at 14 years and ended up owning a multi-million $AUD business but he read widely and had mentors to guide him. My mate left school at 15 and ended up heading up a large manufacturing business employing 100s of staff but again read widely and took on a fast track adult MBA. So its possible to be highly successful but its very rare requiring lots of ducks to line up.

As to this confusing comment, my bad you are now saying you remain on social media ..... as your major/only source of learning, yes? 15/11 @ 9.34am " ......Thats a scary point I'm a conservative but i have zero interest in echo chambers like right wing social media i dont even venture from YouTube or Vimeo".

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:02pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Info, corporate culture, restructuring and change management is rocket science, nothing simple about it, so lets just see if Musk will remotely get it right shall we.

my brother in law left school at 14 years and ended up owning a multi-million $AUD business but he read widely and had mentors to guide him. My mate left school at 15 and ended up heading up a large manufacturing business employing 100s of staff but again read widely and took on a fast track adult MBA. So its possible to be highly successful but its very rare requiring lots of ducks to line up.

As to this confusing comment, my bad you are now saying you remain on social media ..... as your major/only source of learning, yes? 15/11 @ 9.34am " ......Thats a scary point I'm a conservative but i have zero interest in echo chambers like right wing social media i dont even venture from YouTube or Vimeo".

GuySmiley. Good stuff, always like your points of view, VJ also, back on the cars again, my nana in Queenscliff use to have a duck-egg blue Datsun 120Y, geez they were a dangerous car, completely gutless totally unreliable when she put the foot down at a give way sign and a real piss weak no grunt at all acceleration, us three grand kids in the back shitting ourselves as the cars got closer to us as we just made it through the intersection.
Guy, I’m on no Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat ,Vimeo ,Tinder or any other platform. The only social forum for me is this one, the best by far, Swellnet.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:09pm

If Elon does manage to destroy Twitter it will be his biggest achievement for mankind to date.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:13pm

Would agree with that Tubeshooter.
Maybe that's his intention and he's got the ultimate poker face :)

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Sunday, 20 Nov 2022 at 9:50pm

God I hope so.

"If Musk, as is likely, destroys Twitter as it currently exists he will be doing the world a great service. By wrecking the current function it performs for commentators, he will free journalism and politics from its concentration in a single online madhouse, and in doing so, no doubt entirely unwittingly, help decentralise the spread of information. Like Legion in the New Testament, Twitter’s constellation of unhappy, clamouring souls must be driven off a cliff. When he learns, as he perhaps already has, that the platform will never be profitable, he should smash his new train set. The greatest power that will accrue to him, and the greatest gift he can offer civilisation, is not reforming Twitter through tweaks here and there but by loading its servers into a Space X rocket and firing them into the heart of the sun, forcing us all, finally, to log off."
https://unherd.com/2022/11/elon-musk-must-destroy-twitter/