Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:49pm

Soccer bloody soccer pandering to its demographic.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:49pm

Exactly JQ, LNP is corrupt as all fuck.
First up, the rorts is just pissing away taxpayers money on a grand scale, but more importantly, this corruption scares away ethical companies from bidding on government tenders. Why waste time bidding when there is a stacked deck (or even a perceived stack deck)? That of course drives up the prices of government funded initiatives ensuring the tax payer gets even less value for money. No wonder these bums don't want an ICAC.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:50pm

Without the corruption in the Liberal party, we wouldn't have Scott Morrison today:

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/nasty-saga-you-nearly-missed-200...

Aided and abetted by their faithful soldiers in the Murdoch media of course.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:52pm

Or Turnbull who boasted about the greatest branch stacking exercise in history to get him pre-selected in Wentworth.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:56pm

I truly don’t think I could have less faith in Australian politics than I do anymore.

Shitshow.

Petty pointscoring over who’s team is worse is a waste of time. It’s like arguing whose beach has the most grains of sand.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:59pm

You really are a muppet blowin, putting up the photo (a split second in time) as proof there weren't any nazi salutes at the rally in London.
In the very same article there's video of lots of Nazi salutes. Did you miss them because you're stupid, or did you wilfully ignore them because it's something you really don't want to admit?
https://www.sbs.com.au/news/far-right-protesters-in-london-do-nazi-salut...

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:59pm

Perspective aint a waste of time Blowin.

A waste of time is taking the conservative dog whistle hook, line, sinker, reel & rod and bleating about immigrants and foreigners and 'them' while practically ignoring the economic & social policies that are clearly designed to further enrich the already wealthy at the expense of working class Australians.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 5:05pm

If you watch the video with the SBS article, i do have to say it does appear like a couple are doing a nazi salute although a pretty piss poor rendition, but others are just raising hands one guy even two hands.

I wouldn't call it fake news, id just call it click bait and a little misleading, typical media.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 5:14pm

There’s so much wrong about this when it’s referenced to myself that I honestly can’t be fucked responding, save to say that you know nothing of my opinions. :

“A waste of time is taking the conservative dog whistle hook, line, sinker, reel & rod and bleating about immigrants and foreigners and 'them' while practically ignoring the economic & social policies that are clearly designed to further enrich the already wealthy at the expense of working class Australians“

By the way....you know I’m not conservative don’t you ?

I’m still saying the things that the ALP and Greens said before they became neoliberalists and open borders retards respectively.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 5:22pm

more whataboutism

its not that people aren't bothered by lnp corruption, it's just that it's not that surprising, large scale corruption is what they do...

labor are supposed to offer an alternative, not just more large scale corruption

the corruption of the labor party is corruption of process as much as cashbags, which makes it even worse, its underinings of all they are supposed to do

labor's embracement of neoliberal ideology with a splash of identity politics is what is unravelling before our eyes, and it ain't pretty. they are just as complicit in the large scale corruption, just as guilty for allowing a panama papers/sell to the best overseas mafia bidder model of globalisation to infest every level of our society

it's a disgrace

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 5:20pm

"By the way....you know I’m not conservative don’t you ?"

Is that under the same classification system that see's you label just about everyone 'fake left'?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 5:23pm

Labor haven't got much in the corruption stakes when compared to the Libs sypkan. The Liberal party has a media empire barracking for them and smearing the opponents.

Labor has a media empire after them like a pack of rabid dogs. Remember the 'debt & deficit disaster'? Checked what the debt has done since then? Not a peep though...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 5:51pm

I'm not just talkimg about cashbags corruption, I'm talking corruption of process and ideology

they've backed themselves into an irredeemable corner. it seems they have no ability or inclination to change to what the electorate is screaming for

debt and defecit was a reasonable position to take ...back then...

now things are very very different, and things could only possibly be worse if labor got their chance to drive the bus

labor are broken and incapable of adaption to new realities

missing every opporrunity at every opportunity, guided by a long dead horse ideology

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 6:04pm

JQ....I don’t think the fake left are that numerous really. As a percentage of the population they’d be quite small.

I don’t think I’ve met any in real life. They’re highly over represented in politics and media.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 6:08pm

These wankers are so contemptuous of the people they are supposed to represent that they’d rather sink the party that’s meant to be the voice of the workers than lose internal control .

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/victorian-labor-right-wants-bran...

Good....they all need to hit Centrelink.

Bit of talk getting around about just who did the professional hit job on Vic Labor and why.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 6:23pm

"Soccer bloody soccer pandering to its demographic."
Do you want to explain that comment blowin?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 6:29pm

Debt and deficit wasn't even mildly reasonable to complain about back then. We'd just been through the GFC and our numbers were looking great compared to similar countries.

The Libs have massively increased the debt since then, in reasonably good (until recently) economic weathers.

vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020 at 9:02am

Potato good. Two potato very good.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 9:14pm

Diddly dee potatoes, Vlad.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 10:54pm

Hah! Hands up who first heard of 'branch stacking' today?

(And no straight armed salutes, please, if you can help it)

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020 at 12:53pm

Aah, branch stacking. What gets you sacked in the Labor Party gets you promoted in the LNP. The current and former LNP PM's both got their seats by, shock-horror, branch stacking. Turnbull even bragged about it.
Something else overlooked in this 'scandal' is the fact that Adem Somyurek was set up and recorded by someone in the Labor Party.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020 at 1:09pm

And to add to my 'whataboutery", in the last two days it emerges that Birmingham, Tehan and (what a surprise) Stuart Robert charged the taxpayers $4500 each to attend a Liberal Fundraiser and McCormack took his wife down to the Melbourne Cup on the taxpayer dime.
Tehan is reportedly worth $800 million.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 16 Jun 2020 at 9:39pm

dealt with it swiftly they said...

yeh nah

it's just begun...

I believe the word is systemic, cultural maybe...

but andrews and albo had no idea until the 60 mins story

geeeett ......

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/adem-somyurek-dan-andrews-decl...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 7:40am

Fingers crossed .

I’m getting the feeling that the ludicrously inappropriate Shenhua coal mine is soon to be given the big Good Night .

https://www.smh.com.au/business/banking-and-finance/us-funds-titan-black...

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/shenhua-coal-mine-questioned-ove...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 7:56am

Hey blowin, do you have a problem with Clive's great big coal mine too? Or is the big fat owner not Chineses enough for you to care?
PS, Did you see your grifter hero Pauline Hanson is in the news again for billing taxpayers for a party fundraising trip to WA? grifters and going to grift eh?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:31am

Dear Swellnet admistrators.

Would it be possible to remove the avatar of the person who goes by the name “ Vic Local “ , please ?

Gun violence is a pestilence on modern society. The use of guns to murder innocent people is terrible. The photo is taken from scene in a movie in which a white supremacist threatens a defenceless minority person of colour ( POC ) with a gun.

I find the scene and the photo offensive and feel it perpetrates the disempowerment of POC peoples by whites using gun violence. After the massacre in NZ by a White supremacist I think that it reflects poorly on your website to condone and promote the use of gun violence against POC in this manner. It’s use as an avatar certainly reveals much about the lack of empathy and likely hate thought crimes within this contributor’s mindset. Personally, I’m aghast that this movie is still available for viewing and I’m currently petitioning to have it purged from history. It’s shocking to think that ghouls who find this filth entertaining are permitted to walk free amongst us.

The internet should remain a safe space where only acceptable perspectives are available for consumption. I believe that my subjective morality is suitable to be used as a template for what is or isn’t acceptable for public viewing. Please contact me if you seek further clarification as to what I find applicable for mass consumption.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:19am

oceans11's picture
oceans11's picture
oceans11 Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:35am

Blowin,

Agree 100%.

The way Vic shoots off his mouth day and night, I also agree the photo links to his aggressive attitude to others and his self righteous manner.

I addressed this photo to him recently on SN and predictably got a smart arse reply.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:37am

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:39am

blowin, you really are a fucking moron.
My Avatar has a picture of a character in The Big Lebowski, Walter Sobchak. He is not a white supremicist at all. He even took up his ex-wife's religion Judaism, and doesn't bowl on Fridays. Funny behaviour for a White Supremicist don't you think?
The character who he points the gun at is not a person of colour at all.
Blowin, you are so full of shit it's laughable.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:46am

Blowin the avatar is perfect. A white fat overbearing triggered bully who talks over the top of everyone but is really a complete dolt who fucks things up. Couldn’t of picked a better one VL.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:49am

(Pssst, Blowie, just a heads up. Smokey in the film isn't a "minority person of colour" as you put it. He's a pacifist. A conscientious objector. And fragile, man, very fragile. And white. Maybe the name put you off. I think even your 'comedy skits' should have some semblance of truth, cobber. Otherwise they don't really work. Hey, I particularly like your reference to the Christchurch massacre though. Funny stuff. In both senses. Yew!)

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 8:56am

D-C, facts don't matter to blowin. He just reverse-engineers everything. Doesn't like immigrants - makes up the facts to justify his opinion. Doesn't like me - invents a ridiculous story about a movie script to attack me.
It really is a weird way to go through life.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 10:01am

You're being very uncool dude.

By the way Vic, can you point out where Blowy has said he doesn't like any particular person because of their skin?

Plenty of times he's gone on about immigration at the expense of Australian jobs and wage growth. Can't recall where he's ever said he hates someone because of their creed.

Happy to be corrected.

ps- over the line, mark it zero dude.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 10:07am

By the way, whichever way you cut it, as much as the character Walter is likeable in the film. In real life he'd be a total fucking wanker.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 10:40am

"He even took up his ex-wife's religion Judaism, and doesn't bowl on Fridays. Funny behaviour for a White Supremicist don't you think?"

You do realise he converted to Judaism not out of sympathy for their plight?

I'll give you a hint, it's about as shallow and one-dimensional as some people can be.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 12:00pm

Last two posts deleted.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 12:29pm

Thanks

If you’d be able to delete the constant references to me being a racist it’d be appreciated too. There’s enough reasons to dislike me if you so wish , no need to make up any more just cause they suit someone’s urge to be sanctimonious.

Being labeled a racist in the current context is not far away from being labelled a child molester. Not sure why it’s acceptable to constantly throw this term around and expect no consequences. As I’ve said before , I will go to Victoria one day and find Vic Local and we can have the discussion in person.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 12:19pm

Dammit! Missed it- was it something juicy?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 12:22pm

Blindboy popped in .

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 1:50pm

Pretty mild I thought compared to other things stated on this site.

Think Stunet was putting a fast end to a potentially prolonged abuse session :-)

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 12:25pm

Yep.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 12:27pm

Now I'm really disappointed.

Edit: not about the abuse, we can all live without that. I like BB's perspective even though not always in agreement.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 1:17pm

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 2:13pm

Hahahaha. Did I say 'protection racket '? Maybe 'safe space' gets a censor-free pass?

"As I’ve said before , I will go to Victoria one day and find Vic Local and we can have the discussion in person."

And what you gonna do? Give him a fluffy kitten?

BTW Blowie, gonna change this thread title again too, champ?

https://www.swellnet.com/comment/671060

Under duress, I wager, dipping your lid all the way.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 2:57pm

Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous's picture
Ape Anonymous Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 3:48pm

Is this guy on crack? A descendant of Mussolini perhaps? Who gave this guy a seat at federal parliament? Were those people on crack? https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/national/victoria/new-covid-19-restrict...
Letter to Senator:
I agree wholeheartedly with your position Mr X. If we hadn't of put those Jews into concentration camps it would be a horrible world -full of unclean thinkers.
What a fucken cunt!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 5:04pm

Sounds reasonable to me.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 7:39pm

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me Ape. It's fine being stupid when it only effects you, when your stupidity starts effecting others, expect consequences.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 17 Jun 2020 at 7:58pm

If you're affected by stupidity, are there any lasting effects?