Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 7:02pm

"they all get caught out at times"
Hang on Indo Dreaming. Show me exactly where another major media company has misrepresented a situation to this level.
Fox News photoshopped a heavily armed man into a story to make it look like protesters were dangerous. That doesn't just happen by accident. I'm really struggling to find another example even close to this level of disgraceful propaganda. Maybe you could help me.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 8:05pm

"...racist trolls with a very loud megaphone funded by a scumbag billionaire."

that sounds like your describing wa-po too

I could even leave the 'right wing' bit in, if you'd allow me the stretch to neoliberalism being a right wingy thingy, ....which is not a stretch at all...

bezos is interested in nothing but his china peasant factory model being maintained

regardless of the real bona fide 2020 slave labour happening there right now

he does give the trumpete a run from time to time, but the reportimg of news always has a spin on it, shamelessly...

your earnest trust in the (very splintered) fbi, cia, etc. is cute...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 8:08pm

I don't trust fox news at all, and therefore never cite them. I saw the story unfold through a range of sources and draw my own conclusions

fox is shameless propaganda one way, then there's a host of propagandaists heading the other way, just as far, just as fanciful, ...the truth is always in the middle. and the lefty propagandaists far outnumber lonely old fox and a couple of fruitcake sites, so I always wonder why you guys always feel such a need to bag fox so vehemently, when your chosen sources are just as bad and more in number...

tucker is a fuckwit, but he's usually quite truthful. his little piece was a good rundown because he used the protestors claims and language to present his case. if that irks you as much as it seems, then maybe your issue isn't about truth at all...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 7:56pm

wndow shoppers...

(this guys commentary is the shit!)

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10157165564301135&id=1252493..."125249356134"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A125249356134%2C"page_id_type"%3A"page"%2C"actor_id"%3A100001155625348%2C"attached_story"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A125249356134%2C"page_id_type"%3A"page"%2C"actor_id"%3A125249356134%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"post_context"%3A%7B"object_fbtype"%3A266%2C"publish_time"%3A1591081998%2C"story_name"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"story_fbid"%3A%5B10157165564301135%5D%7D%2C"role"%3A1%2C"sl"%3A4%7D%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"role"%3A1%2C"sl"%3A4%2C"targets"%3A%5B%7B"actor_id"%3A100001155625348%2C"page_id"%3A125249356134%2C"post_id"%3A10157165564301135%2C"role"%3A1%2C"share_id"%3A0%7D%5D%7D%2C"244222548985539"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A244222548985539%2C"page_id_type"%3A"page"%2C"actor_id"%3A100001155625348%2C"attached_story"%3A%7B"page_id"%3A244222548985539%2C"page_id_type"%3A"page"%2C"actor_id"%3A125249356134%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"role"%3A16%2C"sl"%3A4%7D%2C"dm"%3A%7B"isShare"%3A0%2C"originalPostOwnerID"%3A0%7D%2C"psn"%3A"EntStatusCreationStory"%2C"role"%3A16%2C"sl"%3A4%7D%7D%3Athid.100001155625348%3A306061129499414%3A2%3A0%3A1593586799%3A-5988096306088211976&__tn__=%2As%2AsH-R

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 8:11pm

Indo, respect your opinion, here is mine. Antifa, the modern version, the actual ones, are fucking punk rockers, Nationalist punk rockers who love England or their respective homeland and can't understand Neo-Nazi punk rockers who are loyal to the Nazis. They are both violent and when they clash there is always violence. That is it. Now, a lot of leftist organizations have sympathized with them over the years because they are anti-fascist which the left admires but those organizations are not Antifa. The right, and particularly Trump and his AG at the present, use the word Antifa as a "convenient catch-all" phase to promote the idea that his opponents or any opponent from the left, are violent radical extreme lefties(or Democrats) and divert from his own, considerable, failings. Antifas violent reputation comes in handy when there is violent (and non-violent) opposition on the streets. But the real ones, they are punks that hate nazi punks and want to smash them because that's what punks do.
There are plenty of violent people on the left in America, but they are not Antifa.
That's it, I'm done. Shoot me if I ever comment on this shit again.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 8:19pm

Syppy, watching that stuff is heartbreaking.

That's beyond mob mentality, that's just incomprehensible.

Destroying another persons livelihood under the pretence of Justice for George. For what? Some stuff?

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm

@ sykpan, I'd exercise caution with material produced by this guy. Admittedly I haven't watched the vid but I did look up the vlogger that released it, yes, he's a vlogger. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karim_Metwaly

Pay particular attention to his occupation(s) and genres, his business is gaining clicks

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 9:28pm

The fella does nothing but hold a camera whilst Snake Plissken’s New York becomes reality .

Nuke it from orbit....only way to be sure.

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 9:42pm

Nuke what? Sorry don't understand

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 9:52pm

it's creative for it's lack of 'creative editing'...

and the commentary

gold

and good hearted

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Sunday, 14 Jun 2020 at 10:00pm

I just watched it and yes, pretty heavy and outright wrong, I take that back above. That guy btw wasn't the content creator, just sharing another vloggers content, didn't see the source note.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 9:09am

We’ve seen the young LNP clowns bring awareness of the sad and sorry future in store for their party . Now it’s the Green’s turn.

Even funnier if these two muppets were publicly interrogated as to why they despised Cook.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw/outside-of-work-hours-captain-cook-s...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 6:48am

Then there’s this .... https://www.smh.com.au/national/victoria/who-s-going-to-protect-albo-tap...

ALP determined to remain unelectable. At what point can we just walk away from these political parties ?

Like everything else they are declared too big to fail , despite being an unrepresentative handbrake on the country.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 7:44am

At what point is the Twiggy Forrest level of greed officially recognised as a mental illness and limits imposed on the destructive deployment of his existing wealth ?

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-13/andrew-forrest-dam-plan-on-sac...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 8:48am

Did anyone see 60 minutes last night?

OMG i thought Daniel Andrews was bad with this dodgy Belt road deal with the Chinese communist party.

But the labor party issues in victoria go way deeper, super dodgy.

"Victorian minister Adem Somyurek handed over thousands of dollars in secret cash drop-offs and used political advisers meant to be working for other MPs to stack branches with fake members and amass significant political power inside the Australian Labor Party."

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/victoria/secret-tapes-carpark-cash-dr...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 9:25am

Indo wet dreaming

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 10:11am

annnnd...

guysmiley showing the toxic tribalism that is at the core of our failing political systems

not intending to have a personal go, but if you're not disgusted by this behaviour and not thinking of the wider implications of corruption...

you are being part of the wider problem..

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 10:15am

No I’m not it’s appalling but the point is they are all rotten

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 10:58am

seriously not having a go guysmiley

it's just that, how many cashbag scandals are you willing to overlook before people admit labor have a big problem?

a big problem where cashbags from china and within have undermined any good 'the workers party' can actually achieve for workers

shame shame shame... said deryn

again again and again...

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 10:29am

Any effort to expose corruption is worth it.

Both sides are as dirty as each other.

I remember about 5 years ago here in Newy we had old mate developer who was the Lord Mayor at the time caught red-handed giving 10k cash donations to liberal candidates.

"ICAC heard Mr McCloy gave an envelope stuffed with $10,000 in cash to then candidate for Charlestown, Andrew Corwell, and another $10,000 in cash to then candidate for Newcastle, Tim Owen.

The money from Mr McCloy, a property developer, was used to help fund the successful election campaigns of both men, despite property developers being prohibited from donating to NSW election campaigns since late 2009."

A move towards a Federal ICAC would be welcome by almost everyone it seems, except those in the Labor and Liberal parties.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 10:31am

Cash and China

I agree it’s all rotten but does our little cub reporter ever talk about, let’s see ...

Andrew Robb the LNP Minister responsible for negotiating the FTA with China, who immediately leaves parliament to take up a $400,000 a year position but he can’t explain his duties but afterwards it emerges he was allegedly a consultant for the Chinese on the leasing of the Port of Darwin.

You can’t make this shit up. We need a Federal ICAC urgently.

There are plenty of examples out there of the current government up to their necks in Chinese cash , both sides have been caught out here.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:04am

What . The . Fuck ?

Government won’t allow Australians to fly overseas till 17 September but from July will allow international students to enter Australia.

I repeat....What The Fuck !?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:10am

That's particularly grating to me right now.

WTF?!

Exactly.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:14am

I've got no doubts guysmiley

but its worse when labor do it, sorry that's just how it is...

andrews little running press conference.... how he can deny any knowledge of this until watching 60 mins. last night is just bloody insulting!!

typical woke wanker seems more worried about the 'comments' than the 'conduct'

its a fucking joke

insulting at the highest order

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:16am

WTF indeed

cashbags... legit. or not...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:29am

Crazy shit going down everywhere of late.

"Greens candidate who ran against Prime Minister at 2019 election charged with child sex offences"

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/greens-candidate-jonathan-doig-ch...

@Guy Just providing some balance here otherwise these things go under the radar of our majority left leaning Swellnet crowd.

(BTW. after i posted that article, i did see Blowin posted the same issue a few post above mine)

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:43am

That's fucked up Indo. But here's the point. Human beings are fallible and political parties have thousands of members. The key point is how they deal with scum in their party. The Greens suspended this bloke straight away, which is fair as a trial is due. If he's convicted the greens will boot the guy. Natural justice.
Somyurek is gone. Quit or be sacked. Vic ALP introduced a IBAC to deal with this type of shit. The taxpayer wage of the two staffers doing the branch stacking should be repaid. The biggest victim of this scandal is the ALP.
Compare that to the LNP. They deny all corruption, sign outrageous tax payer funded contracts, and vote against an ICAC. The biggest victims of their corruption is the taxpayer. Literally billions of dollars get pissed away by these crooks.
One Nation. Deny deny deny. Hanson and her plane. Chasing $$$$ from the NRA. Ripping off their own candidates etc etc. They are almost as bad as the LNP

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:58am

A new working class party is needed. A direct democracy party.

Working class constitutes 80 percent of the nation and they currently have no true representation.

Seed capital required to advertise for members. Proper members. Paid up members.

Each member gets a single vote in constant direct democracy referendums held within the party to establish the position the party will take on any issue.

Bypass the majors , the corporates and the unions.

It’d still be open to corruption. I can imagine corporates astroturfing the membership....but it’s a better option than anything we are currently presented with .

ALP has only 55,000 members and this is after union branch stacking . That’s only 0.002 percent of the nation. I understand that Australians are mostly apolitical for the majority of the time but surely a pulse can be created by the right people with an offer of true democracy.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:56am

Arthur Sinodinos current Australian ambassador to the US, former employee of Sydney Water paid $200,000 pa year for around 20 hours work, before NSW ICAC couldn’t remember what he did to earn the $200k nor could he remember as a senior office holder in the federal Liberal Party numerous NSW property developers paying the federal wing large sums that he later oversaw transferring to the NSW wing of the party against the law. The same man those memory recovered to the point where he could become elected to parliament before retiring to be offered arguably our most important diplomatic posting ..... nah, nothing to see here.

Federal ICAC is the only way out of this shit.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 11:58am

Indo how many ANTIFA member were arrested in the last 3 weeks?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:21pm

....annnnnd, the partisans continue to partisan...

it's viclabor we're talking about this time, do focus

or it's just 'whataboutism' ...to borrow a phrase....

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:31pm
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:39pm

Sypkan.
This branch stacking scandal is over. People have been sacked, police have been called, and there's no cover up. Labor now has to deal with the fallout. Suck shit, no sympathy from me. How did this scandal impact you personally Sypkan? I live in Victoria and it didn't impact me at all.
I'm way more concerned about corruption that gets covered up rather than corruption that gets dealt with. The billions of tax payer dollars that gets pissed away with sports rorts, no tender contracts, water buyback scams, regional grants etc by the Federal Government impacts everyone. That money should be going to schools and hospitals. The LNP is more corrupt than FIFA. At least the ALP are prepared to boot out their crooks.
BTW two of the three last Liberal party PMs have come into parliament on the back of seriously corrupt pre-selections. Turnbull even boasted about the biggest branch stacking campaign in history in Wentworth. The Libs in Victoria are massive branch stackers too. But nobody holds them to account.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:40pm

damn right not fast enough

I watched albo and andrews dodge questions this morning. I do no accept that andrews had no idea of such systemic corruption before he saw it on 60 mins

I dont accept albo had no idea either

how many times wil labor be asked...

do you have a cultural problem?

do you have a systemic problem?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm

that's laughable viclocal

dealt with it when it exploded in their faces

just like last time

and the time before that

albo claims the setka debacle as dealing with corruption, fucking laughable, not even relevant

there's corruption and there's corruption

it effects me, ...if effects us, because the alp is so obviously rife with corruption in so many forms, and as a result the alp is fundamentally failing

at everything!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:53pm

"Indo how many ANTIFA member were arrested in the last 3 weeks?"

No idea but I'm guessing very few, but arrest don't alway reflect how many people are breaking the law.

For example look a recent public protest in Australia thousands of people technically broke the law, but only a couple got fines.

Obviously Antifa are a big part of the problem in the USA, even the president of the United states wants them declared as a Terror group, kind of hard though when it's really just an umbrella term for violent far left wing groups.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 12:53pm

"Obviously Antifa are a big part of the problem in the USA, even the president of the United states wants them declared as a Terror group."

Probably unintentional but funny nonetheless.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 1:00pm

Ha ha was a bit of intention there not saying Trump and using President of USA.

But realistically, i think it's pretty naive to think they are not inciting a lot of chaos at the moment, they would hate Trump with a passion and no doubt would be stirring things up as much as possible as others here have noted.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 1:18pm

More so that Trump is obviously using them as a diversion for his own leadership failings.

"Don't look here, look there!"

Classic move. Clear as cellophane.

Also, outlawing antifa makes as much sense as outlawing hungry people. It's a state of mind not an organised group. This has been stated explicitly by the FBI.

Sure there are groups within causing trouble but anyone talking in absolute terms is only highlighting their playground-level understanding of the movement.

Compare them to the Weathermen that arose out of the anti-Vietnam protests.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 2:51pm

"More so that Trump is obviously using them as a diversion for his own leadership failings.

"Don't look here, look there!"

Classic move. Clear as cellophane."

I agree. the problem is, antifa and the like's schtick, is clear as cellophane too. yet mainstream media try to play down the influence, and even existence of them, after celebrating them for four years

also clear as cellophane...

trump's just plain old playing politics, making the extremes of the left look ridiculous. as he does, just as the left try to make the extremes of the right look ridiculous and untenable, ...plain old politics...

it's a battle of who's the most ridiculous in these extremist times

if a president as ridiculous as trump can even come close to winning that game, well, I'd suggest that's time to pause for thought...

rather than double down on your ridicilous

which is what the left always accuses trump of doing...

(fairly so...)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 3:18pm

"A second person who attended the Black Lives Matter rally in Melbourne has tested positive to coronavirus."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-victoria-records-12-new-co...

Humans really are stupid.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 3:39pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:07pm

100% agree they are just as stupid.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:20pm

'ethnic branch stacking'

....oh the irony...

or not

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:22pm

labor faithful talking of 'rumours' now...

but andrews and albo knew nothing until they saw it on 60 mins....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:32pm

Guy....that’s the ultimate in fake news.

If you watch any video those crew are just holding their hands in the air whilst they sing and chant. Fuck all to do with Nazism. Not saying there wasn’t weirdos there but they were just pommy patriots.

In modern fake left eyes if you believe in standing up for the culture which is native to your homeland you’re a White supremacist.

It’s amazing to watch the difference in language used by the MSM to describe the various protests. Like the BBC headline which claimed “ 37 police injured in mainly peaceful protests “.

After Pommies watched the treacherous London mayor supporting Churchill’s statue and the Cenopath being openly vandalised and having the police restrict people from defending them , they took matters into their own hands. Authorities should have done their job.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:43pm

Wow sypkan. You obviously have a major problem with ALP branch stacking. Yes it's ugly. Yes the language was bad, but who suffers from this the most? The Labor Party.
Do you have any problem with $450 mil of taxpayers money being handed over to Paladen, a seriously dodgy company in an untendered contract to lock up refugees? Do you have a problem with $80 mil going to Angus Taylor's mate's company domiciled in the Behamas as part of the water buy back scheme that didn't result in a single drop of water going back into the darling river? Do you have a problem with $443 mil being given to a tiny 6 person operation to save the reef? Fuck they didn't even request it and the grant wasn't advertised. There's a cool billion blown already, and guess who pays the price. The taxpayer. So get on your high horse if you want. The Liberal Party are a pack of branch stackers too. They are shit loads more corrupt, and will do anything to stop an ICAC getting in. At least Labor kick out their crooks. And if you want to see some serious ongoing corruption which funnels taxpayer money straight into the pockets of the LNP, look up Parakeela. Fuck me, conservatives in Australia complaining about corruption is the biggest joke ever.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:37pm

Fake news eh Blowin. I guess what we've all got to remember is that when Blowin says 'fake news' he means it exactly the same way Trump does.

News that doesn't suit my narrative.

Perhaps you'll find something more your taste on Breitbart Blowin?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:46pm

Or....you could watch videos of those protests and realise that they were raising their hands - sometimes both hands - whilst they sung like they do at soccer games.

Here’s the photo from the link itself:

Nazi salutes.....like fuck. It’s SBS telling lies.

Why do you think they do that ?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 4:42pm

Vic that stuffs pretty small fry in the grand scheme:

https://www.michaelwest.com.au/coalition-rorting-of-public-purse-not-onl...

The coalition misuses and rorts Australian tax payers money on a grand scale. Doesn't seem to bother this lot much though. Probably 'fake news' I guess.