2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 5:00pm

"She'll rightfully fade into insignificance once the referendum is resolved."

you really do live in the typical leftist world of delusion where you think the world is as you wish it to be...

not the nuanced world of varied opinions where people are 'diverse' and arguments must be won...

I'll bet you $500 to the aboriginal charity of your choice, that her position and significance will only grow 'once the referendum is resolved'

that's assuming it gets up...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 5:18pm

it's interesting watching advocates - and especially labor - being quite dismissive of people who are unsure about the referendum, and wanting to know the detail of how 'the voice' will take shape...

with rather belittling calls of... it doesn't really matter... or there's ten years / decades of background process... and, there's 500 pages of report full of detail... 'look it up' ... etc etc...

when one thing clear from the q and a panel was... seemingly, hardly anyone knows how it will take shape... including the non j. price crew on the panel...

and, a show of hands of the q and a audience - who were largely indigenous and on board types... showed a very small number of hands go up when asked if they understood what it all was about...

the ad dude from gruen transfer - a self proclaimed propaganda-ist - and jaquie lambie, both have said they support 'the voice' ... as they both conveyed concerns labor is going to fuck this up ... by being dismissive of people's concerns, and seemingly, being cagey on the detail...

sure looking that way atm...

happy to be proven wrong

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 5:19pm

Look out sypkan the Swellnet sage has spoken

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 5:35pm

good chat...

Im serious if you are so confident and wanna bet?

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 9:48pm

Jacinta Price is entitled to her views but she is one voice vs the many behind this:
https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 5 Aug 2022 at 11:58pm

People who only use lower case should know there's a difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse and helping your uncle jack off a horse.
Just sayin'.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 6 Aug 2022 at 5:31am
blackers wrote:

Jacinta Price is entitled to her views but she is one voice vs the many behind this:
https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/

Precisely and those supporting Price may wish to ask themselves who does she speak for? Who is her mob and do they back her? What are her credentials to speak on an issue of national importance?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Aug 2022 at 1:33pm
sypkan wrote:

"She'll rightfully fade into insignificance once the referendum is resolved."

you really do live in the typical leftist world of delusion where you think the world is as you wish it to be...

not the nuanced world of varied opinions where people are 'diverse' and arguments must be won...

I'll bet you $500 to the aboriginal charity of your choice, that her position and significance will only grow 'once the referendum is resolved'

that's assuming it gets up...

Either way she will gain more popularity and exposure for one simple reason the problems she highlights aren't going anywhere plus either way the whole Uluru statement/Voice to Parliament stuff is going to just cause more division no matter the outcome.

If it gets passed you have just further divided and officially divided Indigenous people and non indigenous and anyone who thinks its going to bring practical changes has rocks in their heads..

And if it doesn't get passed you will have the whole white woke brigade still pushing for it and blaming lack of progress on issues because its didn't pass.

Either way she stays relevant and will only become more relevant if anything, she is only 41 and she seems pretty tough skinned, so hopefully she actually goes much further in politics.

BTW. You never bring people together by treating them differently, you only bring people together by treating them as one.

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Sunday, 7 Aug 2022 at 4:34pm

BTW. You never bring people together by treating them differently, you only bring people together by treating them as one.

BTW Thats the most stupid thing I ever heard.
One Nation huh!? People are different... celebrate diversity/foster common goals

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 7 Aug 2022 at 5:29pm
blackers wrote:

Jacinta Price is entitled to her views but she is one voice vs the many behind this:
https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/

" .....one voice vs the many ...."

It really makes you wonder how some people will give equal credence to the lone 1-3 voices in any debate to the vast majority. Especially so when these lone voices come to the debate without peer review or support or the backing of their own community or history of community leadership.

Its a lot like manmade climate change where the one scientist in the room denying its existence is given equal billing with the 99.99% of scientists who believe its real,

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 7 Aug 2022 at 5:47pm

So there were 12 deliberative dialogues leading up to the creation of the Uluru Statement.
Joining each dialogue were a representative sample of approximately 100 Indigenous people drawn from local traditional owners, Indigenous community-based organisations and Indigenous leaders.
These regional dialogues selected their own representatives to attend the First Nations Constitutional Convention at Uluru.
At the Convention, and by an overwhelming consensus, more than 250 delegates adopted the Uluru Statement.

And where was Jacinta Price?
Somewhere in the far off distance, most likely spruiking for the IPA, Rupert Murdoch and more mining on Indigenous land.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 8 Aug 2022 at 9:52am
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 8 Aug 2022 at 4:41pm
harrycoopr wrote:

BTW. You never bring people together by treating them differently, you only bring people together by treating them as one.
BTW Thats the most stupid thing I ever heard.
One Nation huh!? People are different... celebrate diversity/foster common goals

100% yes One nation, one government, one set of laws for all etc

So you honestly believe people should be treated differently based on ethnicity????

How far do you believe in this outdated view?

Different voices in government based on ethnicity?...Different laws based on ethnicity?...Different school system based on ethnicity ?...where's your line?

BTW. Obviously one nation, one government, one set of laws for all, doesn't at all mean that the nation is not diverse in ethnicity's, culture and dont share common goals or that we dont value our differences and even if you were some crazy nutcase that was against this idea, the reality is Australia is one of the most multicultural diverse nations on earth and always will be.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 8 Aug 2022 at 4:52pm
GuySmiley wrote:
blackers wrote:

Jacinta Price is entitled to her views but she is one voice vs the many behind this:
https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/

" .....one voice vs the many ...."

,

Actually not one voice, there is a number of indigenous people in the public eye that hold her views or similar for example Anthony Dillion, Warren Mundine, Josephine Cashman, and I'm sure many who aren't in the public eye.

Anyway, once the majority of people thought the world was flat, it took one person to discover its not and I'm sure a long time to convince others it was in fact round.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 8 Aug 2022 at 5:45pm
Supafreak wrote:

Better economic managers ? https://michaelwest.com.au/all-caretaker-no-responsibility-how-a-dying-g...

Definitely better economic managers for their donors....
Corrupt grifters ..
In a side note, watched a bit of question time last week, dam the LNP are hopeless without the speaker protecting them, sooking clowns. Highlight was Angus Taylor carrying on with some crap and Albo replied along the lines that don't worry there will be other bodies to look into those activities in reference to upcoming ICAC.... Reckon Angus is going to be a busy fella....

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Aug 2022 at 6:12pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:
blackers wrote:

Jacinta Price is entitled to her views but she is one voice vs the many behind this:
https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/

" .....one voice vs the many ...."

,

Actually not one voice, there is a number of indigenous people in the public eye that hold her views or similar for example Anthony Dillion, Warren Mundine, Josephine Cashman, and I'm sure many who aren't in the public eye.

Anyway, once the majority of people thought the world was flat, it took one person to discover its not and I'm sure a long time to convince others it was in fact round.

What I actually said……

" .....one voice vs the many ...."

It really makes you wonder how some people will give equal credence to the lone 1-3 voices in any debate to the vast majority….”

Ya knucklehead @info, if you’re going quote someone please do so honestly when making your point.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022 at 7:17am

So, the numbers men are doing it all for the Party...but which Party...

The UNION Party....with the SUPER slush funds that soon won't be accountable or transparent.Only have to declare a lump sum of sponsorships/Donations ect.

So the hard earnnt $$$ will not be visible to exactly WHERE these trustees put it?

TRUSTeeees....HA

CROOKS ,Albo, you didn't even score a fair try you CHEAT!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022 at 8:37am

Someone needs to tell the beetroot that the parties over . DB4-F6-DCD-5121-43-BE-B785-4-C487-A0-CDE5-D

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022 at 9:41am

Is Quadzilla Barnaby?

harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr's picture
harrycoopr Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022 at 10:40am
blackers wrote:

Is Quadzilla Barnaby?

Haha... either that or a lost in the woods Young Liberal

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022 at 4:44pm
GuySmiley wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:
blackers wrote:

Jacinta Price is entitled to her views but she is one voice vs the many behind this:
https://ulurustatement.org/the-statement/

" .....one voice vs the many ...."

,

Actually not one voice, there is a number of indigenous people in the public eye that hold her views or similar for example Anthony Dillion, Warren Mundine, Josephine Cashman, and I'm sure many who aren't in the public eye.

Anyway, once the majority of people thought the world was flat, it took one person to discover its not and I'm sure a long time to convince others it was in fact round.

What I actually said……

" .....one voice vs the many ...."

It really makes you wonder how some people will give equal credence to the lone 1-3 voices in any debate to the vast majority….”

Ya knucklehead @info, if you’re going quote someone please do so honestly when making your point.

I do apologise I actually meant to quote all the tripe you said that we can all see above, but had some technical issues.

Anyway its irrelevant what you think she has been elected to the senate by the people so her voice will be heard.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 8:02pm

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 8:11pm
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 8:13pm
Supafreak wrote:

https://twitter.com/bec_juniper/status/1557191674908266496?s=21&t=pkTsbM...

Oh dear.... It's only Mum's!!! Where's the Bollinger???? Vintage only please...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 8:17pm
andy-mac wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/10/today-we-mourn-the...

Yep definitely the better economic managers!!!

How much was that app ? $21 million or something ridiculous.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 8:19pm
Supafreak wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/10/today-we-mourn-the...

Yep definitely the better economic managers!!!

How much was that app ? $21 million or something ridiculous.

I believe that is correct figure, but it went to a donor so nothing to see there... Good work, well done....

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 11:33am

This article is essentially about the failures of the UK’s conservative govt but the parallels to the last (lost) decade here in AU are clear enough.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/aug/10/crisis-britain-lea...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 3:35pm
Supafreak wrote:

https://twitter.com/bec_juniper/status/1557191674908266496?s=21&t=pkTsbM...

Really???

FFS Supa you are better than that posting such crap

Anyway who the fuck is bec juniper?...

Whats a bet she is some white latte drinking lefty who lives in some city.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 4:03pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

https://twitter.com/bec_juniper/status/1557191674908266496?s=21&t=pkTsbM...

Really???

FFS Supa you are better than that posting such crap

Anyway who the fuck is bec juniper?...

Whats a bet she is some white latte drinking lefty who lives in some city.

Some mixed thoughts in the comments in that post , not from anyone special though.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 5:11pm

Better a latte drinking city leftie than a hypocritical french champagne drinking do as I say, not as I do Tory....
:)

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 5:41pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

https://twitter.com/bec_juniper/status/1557191674908266496?s=21&t=pkTsbM...

Really???

FFS Supa you are better than that posting such crap

Anyway who the fuck is bec juniper?...

Whats a bet she is some white latte drinking lefty who lives in some city.

Haha, there you go Indo, throwing around that white middle class privilege again!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 6:14pm
AndyM wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

https://twitter.com/bec_juniper/status/1557191674908266496?s=21&t=pkTsbM...

Really???

FFS Supa you are better than that posting such crap

Anyway who the fuck is bec juniper?...

Whats a bet she is some white latte drinking lefty who lives in some city.

Haha, there you go Indo, throwing around that white middle class privilege again!

Mmmm, that reminds me of the old joke how does a French woman holds her liquor? By the ears of course!!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 6:17pm
andy-mac wrote:

Better a latte drinking city leftie than a hypocritical french champagne drinking do as I say, not as I do Tory....
:)

Suits her thou all fizz and wind

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 7:16pm

Fizz and wind?
Sounds like me after a particularly virulent vindaloo.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 7:29pm
AndyM wrote:

Fizz and wind?
Sounds like me after a particularly virulent vindaloo.

Ah Andy it’s a confident man that farts after eating Indian!!

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Friday, 12 Aug 2022 at 3:21pm

So the ACTU want to change the way the economy is run eh?

All this comes while Also and Prince Chambers are learning Pub chook raffles(labor's apprenticeship scheme to running the country)

Best recall the worlds worst treasurer Paul Fookhead Keeeeting.Not only can he do chook raffles but BANANAS too!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 12 Aug 2022 at 6:24pm
quadzilla wrote:

So the ACTU want to change the way the economy is run eh?

All this comes while Also and Prince Chambers are learning Pub chook raffles(labor's apprenticeship scheme to running the country)

Best recall the worlds worst treasurer Paul Fookhead Keeeeting.Not only can he do chook raffles but BANANAS too!

Deluded......!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 15 Aug 2022 at 6:17am

The minister for everything really was a fruitcake , I’m looking forward to this grub being fully exposed for what he is . https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/scott-morrison-shocked-ministe...