2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Monday, 30 May 2022 at 7:56am

I agree blackers. Morrison certainly lost some voters on his personality alone, but he was also a perfect example of what the Liberal party has become, and the broader problem with politics. It was incredibly easy to knock on someone's door and point at Morrison and say "look he is obviously an arrogant loser, but the fact that someone like him rose all the way to the top of the Liberal party and the country says a lot more about our politics in general than it does about him." I couldn't count how many vote-swinging conversations I personally had with people on their doors or on the phone that started there and ended with them changing their vote from the Liberals, and even from Labor.

If people think there's some quick fix to the declining primary vote of the major parties they are wrong and out of touch with the experience of lots of Australians. There might be a momentary bump if you pumped millions and millions of dollars into advertising and socials (donated by those keen to maintain the status quo like fossil fuel companies, financial services, developers etc), but too large a cohort of the population are being left behind and actively harmed by neoliberalism now to just keep voting for the majors.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 30 May 2022 at 10:27am

Not sure why you believe neoliberalism has been reduced or even addressed by the election results?

The teals and the Greens are unabashed supporters of the central tenet of neoliberalism, namely the Big Australia Ponzi scheme built with Mass immigration totalling an extra few million people every decade.

Nothing has changed.

You think that financial services and developers are threatened by the teals and greens ? Teals and Greens literally side with developers over koalas.

The teals are a particularly egregious sleight of hand. They are dyed in the wool LNP luvvies who wallpaper over their desire to see business profit from environmental destruction by shedding crocodile tears over climate change, whilst demanding the clear felling of as much carbon reducing bush land habitat as possible to accommodate their 50m by 2040 population goals.
Greens no different.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/the-spender-agenda-tax-reform-mo...

dandandan's picture
dandandan's picture
dandandan Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:02am

The central tenet of neoliberalism is not immigration, and supporting immigration does not make you a neoliberal.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:10am

No, immigration is not a central tent of neoliberalism but sustained mass immigration most definitely is a central tenet of neoliberalism. We in Australia have a long and successful history of immigration which has benefited our nation very much. The mass immigration Ponzi scheme of the past decade and a half does not fall into this category. It’s been a net negative and destructive in many regards not least of which is the environment and state of the working class.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:09am
happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Monday, 30 May 2022 at 11:52am
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:

indo, with respect, your shitty little island, has become rather high end, as the wealthy folk have move in...

and with that, comes all sorts of benefits...

I've lived in various places all over oz, and had little trouble sourcing basic medical services - elective is always a problem...

however, every time I return to my shitty little ghetto (that has seen relatively incredible growth of population and some impressive improving infrastructure) the doctors just get more and nore expensive and harder and harder to source

there's some that bulk bill, but they have almost all gone the way of the dodo, and good luck getting an appointment

the emergency system is still excellent (relatively) ...but unfortunately, it is needing to be sourced more and more for things that just are not really emergencies, purely due to lack of basic services

Ive also lived all over Aust so I'm comparing to not just how things were before here but elsewhere too.

Elective surgery yeah okay maybe different, i have never had to need it, but would always expect to be on a long waiting list in the public system, the wife had surgery years ago though and i was surprised on how fast she got in and again all free.

I can only speak for my own experience but i just think the system is really really good and has got better and better over time.

BTW. It's true we have more doctors clinics on the island due to pop increase, but we actually use to have our own hospital up until about twenty years ago.

sypkan wrote:

"Indo - “ The economy is booming. It’s a golden age of prosperity!”

Lololol"

indo confuses his own life cycle...

(where most people get their shit together by a certain age and are kind of gifted various opportunities)

...with a perception of a 'tidak apa apa' booming economy...

if he didn't buy a house at the right time is this contemporary game of life... I dare say his perspective would be very very different...

(even with the 'gifted' opportunities opportuned with the dawn of middle agedness)

I get the life cycle thing, but I'm not talking about now, im not sure where Blowin quoted that from but it's misleading ive been talking about the last 30 years as the time of prosperity, not now.

Personally i think we are right on the tail end of it, not just because Labor are in but things can only be so good for so long, and lots of signs are that the era is coming to an end.

Regarding housing affordability yes i feel lucky, but if i didn't own a house, i wouldn't be living here id be going where i could afford to buy which there still is areas even near good waves.

The housing affordability issue though is ironically a result of 30 years of prosperity, many people have killed it and are killing it hence can pay those prices, i feel for my kids future on this, but i dont see any answers.

indo i worked in gas and oil in several refineries and out bush on shutdowns/, mainly through labour hire (slavetradeing parasites).
the multi nationals put their maintenance costs includeing labour down as a tax deduction.
rackoff with your hard done by multinational "mates" and corrupt lnp pollies.
you cop a bit of flack for your views, have you ever worked in heavy industry? or r u an academic uni degree beauracrat? if so you truly are out of touch with reality.
oz is a plutocracy...run by the ricn for the rich.

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Monday, 30 May 2022 at 3:15pm
happyppl wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
sypkan wrote:

indo, with respect, your shitty little island, has become rather high end, as the wealthy folk have move in...

and with that, comes all sorts of benefits...

I've lived in various places all over oz, and had little trouble sourcing basic medical services - elective is always a problem...

however, every time I return to my shitty little ghetto (that has seen relatively incredible growth of population and some impressive improving infrastructure) the doctors just get more and nore expensive and harder and harder to source

there's some that bulk bill, but they have almost all gone the way of the dodo, and good luck getting an appointment

the emergency system is still excellent (relatively) ...but unfortunately, it is needing to be sourced more and more for things that just are not really emergencies, purely due to lack of basic services

Ive also lived all over Aust so I'm comparing to not just how things were before here but elsewhere too.

Elective surgery yeah okay maybe different, i have never had to need it, but would always expect to be on a long waiting list in the public system, the wife had surgery years ago though and i was surprised on how fast she got in and again all free.

I can only speak for my own experience but i just think the system is really really good and has got better and better over time.

BTW. It's true we have more doctors clinics on the island due to pop increase, but we actually use to have our own hospital up until about twenty years ago.

sypkan wrote:

"Indo - “ The economy is booming. It’s a golden age of prosperity!”

Lololol"

indo confuses his own life cycle...

(where most people get their shit together by a certain age and are kind of gifted various opportunities)

...with a perception of a 'tidak apa apa' booming economy...

if he didn't buy a house at the right time is this contemporary game of life... I dare say his perspective would be very very different...

(even with the 'gifted' opportunities opportuned with the dawn of middle agedness)

I get the life cycle thing, but I'm not talking about now, im not sure where Blowin quoted that from but it's misleading ive been talking about the last 30 years as the time of prosperity, not now.

Personally i think we are right on the tail end of it, not just because Labor are in but things can only be so good for so long, and lots of signs are that the era is coming to an end.

Regarding housing affordability yes i feel lucky, but if i didn't own a house, i wouldn't be living here id be going where i could afford to buy which there still is areas even near good waves.

The housing affordability issue though is ironically a result of 30 years of prosperity, many people have killed it and are killing it hence can pay those prices, i feel for my kids future on this, but i dont see any answers.

indo i worked in gas and oil in several refineries and out bush on shutdowns/, mainly through labour hire (slavetradeing parasites).
the multi nationals put their maintenance costs includeing labour down as a tax deduction.
rackoff with your hard done by multinational "mates" and corrupt lnp pollies.
you cop a bit of flack for your views, have you ever worked in heavy industry? or r u an academic uni degree beauracrat? if so you truly are out of touch with reality.
oz is a plutocracy...run by the ricn for the rich.

Happyppl. No argument from me on your finishing line. Australia is going down or gone down the same path as the USA. The US is now very divided, one half of the nation is filthy, filthy rich and the other half have NOTHING.
The grand level of disparity disturbs me immensely, mainly from the perspective that we here are heading exactly in the same direction.
If you don’t think big business call the shots or influence our political parties in this nation, well you’ve got your head firmly planted very deep in the sand.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 30 May 2022 at 5:01pm

Token little women are still foreign to most Aussies.
Julia Gillard was born in Wales
Penny Wong was born in Malaysia
Sussan Ley born in Nigeria
Perin Davey (Born Aust) 50% Brit pollie until the shit hit the fan...

Aussie chix are less diplomatic & much rather make the coffees! (Fuck that Boys Club shit!)

GI Joe : "If I may interject...I like yer old war mongers better than yer new pacifists!"

Oz shadowy Coalition cracks open a couple of full strength WWIII Power Brews...

[L] Dutto : Defence / Border Protection / AFP / NCA / Home Affairs / Treasury
Heeding yer call to Arms ... Ready to serve! Sir!
Ley : (Daughter of Brit' intelligence / AFP) + Treasury / AMR + ADF Disaster Troops...Ready Sir!

Gold Coast salutes Sussan for selfishly rescuing our economy many of times!
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-06/sussan-ley-bought-unit-from-lnp-d...
https://www.themonthly.com.au/the-politics/rachel-withers/2022/05/26/des...

[NP] Littleproud : Defence / Emergencies / Disasters / Resources / Foreign Affairs / Treasury
Heeding the call to Arms ... At Uncle Sams service...Sir!
Oz army corps Davey ...Treasury / reporting for duty Sir!

Yer shadowy 4x Secretary of Defence War Chested Cabinet Treasurers are ready roll...Sir!
Gi Joe : "It's raining Pennies from Heaven...That's my boyz!"

Yer darkside troop leaders won't be fightin' no sissy middle ground battles...Sir!
Patriotism is our one true power base & only [L] War Mongers have the Right Stuff.

Costello's barcode troops have come of age and are pre- programmed to fight for wot's right.
One for Johnnie - One for Gi Joe - One for our glorious Queen & Commonwealth.

Rupert : "Go get'em Boyz!"

Qld Police State Portaloo of Power > #1 [L] + #1 [NP]
US Pacific munitions dump Qld...officially declared The 51st State of US arms race.
Drums of War are drawing nearer...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 30 May 2022 at 8:41pm

Here we have Anthony Green calling 76 seats for the ALP

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 30 May 2022 at 9:41pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Here we have Anthony Green calling 76 seats for the ALP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MNzkLcAtws

bugger!

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 10:59am

I was wrong about the confidence. I thought that electing a new government would result in higher consumer confidence however, that is not the case.

https://www.roymorgan.com/findings/8990-anz-roy-morgan-consumer-confiden...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 31 May 2022 at 4:17pm

AUKUS Pacific Police ordered Oz to torpedo France & man up with Nuke Subs.
Former leaders argue these Subs necessitate domestic Nuke compliance.
Mineral Council are drooling for a bite at the forbidden rotting fruit.

Global Prices = Solar 3.7c/kw > Wind 4.1c/kw > Wind 11c/kw > Nuke 16c/kw
Global Uptake = Renewables 192gw > Nuke 3gw.
Note: 10 years to build a Nuke Plant? Oz would be pressed to select harbour sites sooner than later!
tbb thinks Brookfield -Grok is way ahead of them...already done that & voted on...let's go!

Nuke Subs are mini reactors & each ADF Sub base needs #1 Global supply chain found in cities.
From mining > Processing > Fuelling > Waste also require highest level City Authority regulation.

Which up until now means shit anyhow!
Oz cities were declared Nuke Free but Mayors canned the ban to promo US Navy's gang rape tourism!
Today only the biggest US Naval nuke threats [P] in our Towns and none ever appear on our Radar!
Despite the trail of destruction thru our cityscape... CTV must've been on the blink again....

Past ministers claim Oz Parliament would never approve these Nukes in our cities...just humour them!
NZ -ANZUS would continue it's ban but AUKUS / NATO call to arms would light up Oz harbours!

Indeed our Wentworth Teal was real keen on Nuke Subs...well durr! Of course...bring it on!
This was code for City Harbourside Green Hydrogen-(Emergency) Nuke War Grid plants.
Soon enough all Transit (Airports) Shipping will run on Teal harbourside Hydrogen.
Check out 2032 Hydrogen Olympic Boss reshaping Port of Brisbane. (Same but different mobsters!)

C 200 Harbourside Nazi Hydro/Nuke Party was just a front for Grok's AGL takeover.
Josh handpassed our Telco/Power Grid onto Gates (Brookfield) for a couple of bucks...(Also EU...)
SHaC terminates Josh for Polo Club ban + for blocking MCB takeover > Enter MCB Pussy Cat Harem.
Teal Yuppie MCB extorted & exploited our AEC Holy Grail plaything for his hostile power mad takeover!

How!
Teal were all Harbourside Nazi/Nuke/Hydro seats > but also the largest 8.5% AGL share bases! WTF.
Every AEC exploited teal candidate was fuelling this SHaC / Grok of shit takeover...Win! Win!
Only that they were independently ransomed off...so it's all fine...just yer mixed bag Electoral rort!
Gates' Guinea Pig > Thor's yuppie son GROK with 11.2% Power Hammer executed Oz #1 Power Play.
https://publicnewstime.com/news/economy/agl-scraps-demerger-as-chief-exe...
https://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/business/companies/the-friday-coup-that...

B-F Gates is ditching Westinghouse Powerhouse Nukes for his own upmarket inner city Pocket Nukes
https://www.post-gazette.com/business/powersource/2022/05/10/westinghous...
Gates can feed Crok's Harbourside Teal Nuke/Hydro to best massage the AUKUS fear factor handouts!
Crew can see Gate's growth industry in pocket sized lilly pad Pacific ports Hydro/Nuke bowsers.
Sounds corny but Teals also openly argue that "Defence" must get green...they'd love to help!

Wash up!
Alp $20b Oz Nation Building Grid handout for Gates / AGL to clean up on base level Green AUKUS.
https://www.afr.com/chanticleer/labor-s-climate-push-throws-up-unlikely-...
All aboard the Green War Machine...not by choice but by design & location! We're stuck in middle Oz!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 1 Jun 2022 at 12:01am

If Dry Cleaners are the front for KAOS HQ.

Pet Poodle Shops must be S[L]ytherin HQ for Overlord V' (Whose name we can't mention)
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/images/transform/v1/crop/frm/silverston...

No [L] Pet Puppy scam here...yer barking up the wrong tree!
https://images.7news.com.au/publication/C-6583513/0281a0d3367d35cfa605a4...

Then this must be The Pet Shop Boy's inner sanctum Star Chamber
https://chaser.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2022/05/Pasted-5-1024x596.jpg

Oops! Get sued for trolling thru the Banned Photo Album...gotta use the [L] rebrand...
https://theunaustraliandotnet.files.wordpress.com/2021/03/dutton-and-dog...
Mummy! "Why is that Scary man crushing his Poodle!"
Mum: "That's because Ralph is not a proper Poodle!"

These were sent over from Daggy Dad Ad Corp
https://chaser.news/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/dutton_puppy.jpg
https://www.crikey.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/duttonpic.jpg?w=768

Schnoodle Buddy (Spotty from Barketing) was barking mad ... so the Nation voted him out...
https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/election-2022-toto-a...

Best Cavoodle in Show wins the highly prized National Depository.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/3c5f74e12a19d68389ffc910d42d20f1

https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/017fa47c0a9116c09c673808bc3688b1

Pauline's Power Puppy Piss Take
https://www.news.com.au/national/federal-election/anthony-albanese-calle...

This week's Best in Show Power Poodle ... has a new entrant...you kids wanna pat the [L] puppy!
2 > 1. Cavoodle
1 > 2. Schnoodle
# > 3. Vo[L]demort's Fluffydoodle
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-22-2015/RDmpbO.gif

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 2:44pm
oxrox wrote:

So surprise, surprise, Labor are already back pedaling on some election promises. Now saying it's up to the fair work commission to lift wages, electricity prices are going up but were supposed to be going down, interest rates, fuel,etc etc all going up. They ran a big campaign on cost of living and knew all along that they couldn't control a lot of these things. Just said what people wanted to hear with no hope of actually making a difference. Could see right through them. It's only taken a couple of days and already they are blaming everyone and everything on why they wont be able to uphold their promises. Every party does it but I think this was the most transparent lot of unattainable promises I have heard.
Also, watching the abc news last night (which is generally the only news I watch) an abc reporter commented on the increased amount of rainfall predicted to fall on the East Coast with the possibility of flooding. Blamed it on La Nina. No mention of climate change. First time in years I have heard any reporting of weather on the abc which may be unusual or extreme with no mention of climate change. I was waiting for it but crickets. Coincidence?

I know, right! Farkin two weeks in and still Labor hasn’t fixed the problems left them by the worst government in living memory in Australia.

I see I focus has already skilfully rebutted this, so no need to add to that. Boy you must be smart to have been able to see right through them, while also not listening to what they were promising.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 2:45pm

In your defence though oxrox the media didn’t make it easy to work out what Labor was promising, a bit too much ‘gotcha’ BS stenography going on.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 4:15pm

But also, Labor was more than happy to ride the wave of negativity towards Scomo who was 'evil' not to raise the minimum wage. They obviously knew what the process is but it worked well for them to keep it quiet. Perception matters more than anything else and most people were under impression that Labor will raise the minimum wage. Coming out now and talking technicalities feels like LNP and Scomo in a different package. Was it politically smart - strong yes. Was it ethical - very debatable.

oxrox's picture
oxrox's picture
oxrox Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 4:49pm
batfink wrote:

In your defence though oxrox the media didn’t make it easy to work out what Labor was promising, a bit too much ‘gotcha’ BS stenography going on.

Yeah and every opposition says they are going to change things and a soon as they get in they say the books are worse than they thought etc etc. So not really smart just watching history repeat itself. Not that hard. Blind freddy could see what was happening with cost of living and no government was going to change it for quite some time. Labor gave the impression they would change it. Also said people are under extreme hardship due to cost of living etc etc. Where are the people who listened to them who are under this extreme pressure going to be in 3 or 4 years as I focus stated? Did they expect to wait that long? Electricity prices will keep going up, same as interest rates, water, fuel (excise will be back to normal in a few months).
They made it sound like they would immediately or within a short period of time change these things. Obviously they cant. That's why I cried bullshit.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Thursday, 2 Jun 2022 at 4:55pm

So Con Banese wanted 5.1% but now refers it to someone else so he doesn't have to take the blame for the inflation that follows?

He shoulda practised running chook raffles and got that right (if possible) before attempting to run a countries finances.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 9:44am

So one of Labors priorities is to spend a few lazy billion on looking into becoming a republic that no one cares about. The left is back folks and desperate to waste as much money as possible on their loony ideology. Toilet doors is just the start. We must all become gender neutral robots to please a tiny minority of faux hippy activists.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 12:47pm

Can you imagine living under a republic constitution written by the quality of pollies and lobbyists we've had over the last 30 years?
I await the Bill of Corporate Rights.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 1:07pm
velocityjohnno wrote:

Can you imagine living under a republic constitution written by the quality of pollies and lobbyists we've had over the last 30 years?

Exactly!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 2:45pm

Right Royal Lockdown looms for Victoria.
https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7760784/one-parliament-to-pause-o...

Victorian Lockdown Procedure during change from Queen to King.

Upon the passing of Queen Elizabeth II > King Charles III

Vic Parliament immediately adjourns
Mourning of a Queen runs over 2 days (NT) 10 days (UK) > up to 12 days (World will demand no less!)
Victoria Governor reconvenes Parliament to retake Oath or affirmation...(2-4hrs)
Only then can Govt move and debate a Condolence Motion for any further adjournment for their Queen!

New monarch (King Charles III) is not as of right & must be sworn in by PC Accession Council
Proclamation is 1st a UK 2 day affair & likely 2 day delay to stamp new coins across the Commonwealth!
Just Joking...Make that 20 years & 2 days + $20 billion later!

Again! Only 'after' the Queens Funeral (UK 10 days or 100 years or Forever)

Victorian Premier re-visits the Governor General to reconvene Parliament
Govt members are sworn in under their new King (2-4 hours)
This ceremony + Governor General reads out the proclamation of new King Andrew...(Wot!).

Not Oz nor any other Oz state would make such a fuss!

1708 was the last time any Monarch defied these Accession PC supreme beings.
Queen Elizabeth has only ever sacked 1 PC for the horrific crime of dipping into member's Xmas funds!
Privy Council advises & allocates duties for Royal Charters & Govt Regulations + overruling Oz Law.
Only after the "Privy Council" swears in King Charles III can Victoria swear allegiance to resume function!

So! Not now or never has their been an allegiance to the Head of the Commonwealth since 1708.
Monarchists as merely play things of the "Rogue Senior Public Figures" The PC Brigade.

Vic Premier Dan Andrews signed Oz leaders letter for Queen to be replaced by an Oz head of state.
Ironically Vic Premier may be alone in the world, swearing allegiance to serve under 2 Ruling Monarchs.
All other Oz leaders simply sign anything to who ever our new boss might be...don't really give a shit!

Stop & consider the timing of ALP republican push delay... (Maybe much later than later?)
UK Monarchy orders Republican ALP Dan into a Queen size...make that a King size Vic Lockdown.
Dan must mandate VIP Queen's Procession thru each town followed by King's VIP Congo Lines!

Meanwhile [L]one Monarchist Village or [L]one Person or the [L] Dog...wouldn't stop to spit on new King!
Yeah! So that will likely tally as major setback number 20 million & one for Oz republicans!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 6:21pm

Also 'Charles' is perhaps not the most lucky name for a monarch given the history...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 6:30pm
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:
velocityjohnno wrote:

Exactly!

More seriously, the current system has evolved over 1000+ years and has built in checks and balances, and (after a bloody civil war and many lives lost) established the relationship between the monarch and the parliament (voice of the people). The system of law is organic, consecutive, and still sits on the basis of Common Law (very valuable!). It tends to incorporate, and in doing so, extend representation to many different voices, although it's slow (eg Mabo). Throw all that away for a doco written within 10 years by today's pollies - ha! Betcha that shit won't last the test of time, especially in our current times. Even the best and most enduring republican systems (such as US) use amendments to put in whatever extra you want, and if you look at the last US election, with the Supreme Court deciding not to hear complaints on the counts - anything goes. As for the French republic which is the next most durable, well, it's history is punctuated by monarchism, war, revolution, bloodshed, and compulsory German "visits". I'll take what we've got, thanks.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 7:54pm

& back to election/new Govt: beginning to get initial feel for them now. Internationally, re-engaging with neighbours (good) and continuation of defence priorities. Domestically, going after the culture wars issues, while not responding meaningfully to the cost of living squeeze such as the current gas imbroglio - which far more people will feel. Perhaps hopes were too high?

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 8:18pm

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/manufacturers-warn-thousands-of-...

looks like a response is in play, let's see how they go

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 3 Jun 2022 at 11:12pm
oxrox wrote:
batfink wrote:

Yeah and every opposition says they are going to change things and a soon as they get in they say the books are worse than they thought etc etc. So not really smart just watching history repeat itself. Not that hard. Blind freddy could see what was happening with cost of living and no government was going to change it for quite some time. Labor gave the impression they would change it. Also said people are under extreme hardship due to cost of living etc etc. Where are the people who listened to them who are under this extreme pressure going to be in 3 or 4 years as I focus stated? Did they expect to wait that long? Electricity prices will keep going up, same as interest rates, water, fuel (excise will be back to normal in a few months).
They made it sound like they would immediately or within a short period of time change these things. Obviously they cant. That's why I cried bullshit.

yep, labor played this game hard, at a time when people are desperate for even a sherrick of truth and integrity...

whilst most objective observers and non-partisans could see straight through it, labor really have built up some all time high expectations...

expectations that have set them up to fail

nearly any commantator worth their salt is predicting the whole shitshow is about the fan, both on a macro and micro-economic scale - it already had in some regards...

clued in objective observers know most of this is totally out of labor's hands... but the next few years is going to be so tough, there'll be big blame looking for a host...

and that host will be the government of the day - labor - and their false promises...

there's much joy amongst some about the liberals 'choosing' the 'unelectable' dutton as their leader... but tbh, I don't think it will make one iota of difference...

labor will be a one term wonder

there'll be so much material to work with re. who's 'the better economic managers' they're as good as cooked already...

having said that, I think they have done alright for the week or two we've actually been able to see their intentions on the world stage, it's refreshing to not have the usual embarrassing extreme pushers of a status quo totally void of any thought or vision whatsoever... the liberals took 'conserving' to an extreme new level, where stubborness and status quo preservation was clearly becoming costly - in many ways...

but yeh, I'd bet money on labor being one term wonders - just on the things beyond their control

throw in the stuff old dog is on about, and the usual labor largesse... and they wont stand a chance...

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Saturday, 4 Jun 2022 at 9:11am

Really good post @sypkan. They built this huge perception of ‘change’. However, what is the federal government these days anyway? Basically, just a group of lawyers, accountants and activists, union/nonprofit/private sector depending which side of politics they belong to. They just shuffle money around while real implementation happens on the state level. So they may put more funding into certain things and less into others (child care being a good example) but overall, their capability to change as much as people perceive will be very limited.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Saturday, 4 Jun 2022 at 9:30am

+ we have to listen to Jim Chalmers just claiming the previous government on several occasions and claiming tough situation. Well, that might be true but that’s why we gave you the job. If the previous government was good and there was no ‘mess’ then there would be no need to give you a job. So shut up about it and give people vision and a plan for the future.

I was personally appointed to clean ‘mess’ and bring projects back on track on several occasions. If you are appointed to lead such operation you don’t go in crying poor you and blaming previous regime in front of others. That’s just terrible leadership. You lay out your vision and build a plan that others can buy into so the whole collective moves forward. Otherwise, you will spend your whole time being stuck in the past and people looking up to you will wonder if there is any difference between you and the mob that got sacked.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 4 Jun 2022 at 12:29pm

Epicurean tbb lays down the law...(Enough is Enough!)
{ Yer pushin' too hard...release the Green Ant Bully's Deadset Factchecker }

Part 1.
Period of Mourning for Outgoing Political Leaders.
1 Day of Mourning ( Reserved for First Nation ) 26th Jan.
2 days...Bollywood Stars
3 days Old School > Churchill
4 days Old School Commies > Brezhnev
5 days Old School > JFK
7 days Modern Commie Leaders > Chavez + Indian Prez Kalam ( 13 day Hindu )
8 Days (Prince) > Queen mourns her Prince + (Chinese Mao Zedong Leader/s 6>8>49>100 days)
9 Days { Novemdiales } Pope + Hillsong [L] PMs > see ( Dutto's hand of God ascension )
10 Days (Unholy Shadow Govt counter attack dog period recommences / re: Stop the Blame Game )
10 Days Queen Mother
11 Days Modern Dictators Kim Jong-il (Also same for Anniversaries...Show some respect!)
12 Days The Queen + Victorian Parliament Lockdown (This is actually locked in!)

17 Days Stem Cells Die (Official) Maybe for us mere mortals > Sports / Rock Stars Live on past this!

1 Month Jewish Mourning of Leaders > Peres + Hillsong PM cries for Josh (1 month) Factchecked!
40 Days - Arab Leader > Zayed (Current to mid July 2022)
100 Days - Chinese > First born Sons etc...
..................................................................................................
Next Up!
Part 2 The Honeymoon Period for incoming Govts

(Current Alp Couch Surfing Phase)

Is this actually a thing & how long does it last "Officially" & is it infectious? (Can't promise that?)

Green Ant Bully will answer all that & more...after the Lunch-break. (That's Oz for big smoko!)
Impatient disgruntled crying Voterz : "Yeah sure mate!...he's not coming back...we're stuffed aren't we?"

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 4 Jun 2022 at 4:07pm

Part 2 Honeymoon Period (Phase)
Green Ant Bully's Deadset Factchecker is reset to the beginning of time.
Honeymoon Period can be cold-heartedly ruthlessly measured by Mothers in Law / Bosses / Govts.
Pollies know not to cross the threshold into the bedroom.
Polls would plummet faster than the Bride's expectation of Groom...lets not go there!
Exactly! See how this works...

(Oz Married Couples)
Honeymoon Phase
2 months ( Common as muck > Marriage of convenience)
3 months ( Typical ...Going to Plan...sure thing! ) > 3% length of Marriage
6 months ( World Trips etc )
2 years > [ vip ] see : Reclusive Rock Stars > 24% length of Marriage.

Typical Marriage Phases
Chemistry > Sharing > Caring (Family) > Nurturing > Headwind > Conflict > Hardship
Oz marriages last approx 8.4 years to Separation > 12.1 years to Divorce)

Intro : Aussies commit to Marriages longer each year as Pollie's terms are shortened each year!
Aussies might pause & consider that the people unite & lead as they drag dead weight Pollies behind.
Give it some thought...We are the Champions! Pollies are losers that stall our place in the World!

Mess left by Former Govt...entitles incoming Govts a Honeymoon Phase.
How long does these Couch surfers wallow in this "Front Page" disaster area.
Green Ant Bully said he could answer this...Q&A : C'mon, you wanna go...mate!'
Just cool it! Said after lunch..Ok!

'Simply apply yer Typical Oz Honeymoon period to yer Typical Oz Parliamentary Terms!'
eg: Parliamentary Term 27.5 months (vs) Marriage =108 months
Typical Marriage Honeymoon Phase = (3%) ( re: Above chart)

Typical Parliamentary Honeymoon phase = (3%) or 23 days from...( Choose...)
21st May [L] PM concedes defeat > ALP Honeymoon ends 14th June 2022
23rd March ALP swearing in...Book ends the Mourning Period - ALP Honeymoon ends 16th June 2022
30th May ALP win Majority Govt > ALP Honeymoon ends 23rd June 2022
June Count ends > (Reps - Hinkler!) + (Sen - 98-99% counted) ALP Honeymoon ends June/July 2022

Do not disturb door knob thingy! (Exemptions)

Marriages : On a World Trip (Get fucked!) / Repainting Nursery from Pink to Blue / Babies

Pollies : (Legitimate) More Voters + More Parties = Less Majority > Longer Seat Counts to form Govt.
AEC are still counting Reps / Sen Votes!
Oct 2022 Alp has announced a Baby Budget is on the way...so take it easy on them.

Just saying the crew are wise to this spin...
Expected Baby budget perfectly reflects Honeymooners period of expected Baby.
If tbb was stupid enough to notice then Faceless men's Spin baited him & wound him in!
It shows we got expert PR spin Teams testing the waters before the fools dive in!
tbb knows wot the crew are thinking...experts are pulling the levers & wires.

We saw this during the Q&A campaign & it may yet be the order of the day!
Poodles are fast becoming #1 Breed (1 > 2m) + can snuggle into the PM's arms for a quick poll boost
Like #1 =

Maybe also like #2 Popular Alp Leader
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/18f2e2ee14144d24a22313292e2294b8
These poodles are front and centre election postcards as with Albo during the campaign...
https://images.thewest.com.au/publication/C-6895176/0075e77b6f91ea77baaf...
Can't help but think...there's a Puppet master pulling the strings!

The secret weapon #1 slipped > #2 [L]abrador just cost Josh & his totally blind girlfriend their jobs!
https://joshfrydenberg.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2016/03/Karen-Josh-and-...
https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/dcadc37268badba50b0c79327818f4c07972e77b/...

Sounds harsh ...
The Neighbour Chris ran over & squished online star NZ First cat 'Paddles' ...should'a got a Poodle!
Kids sent PM Jacinda a card begging her not to send their evil Dad to prison.
https://news.sky.com/story/neighbour-reveals-he-accidentally-killed-new-...

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Friday, 10 Jun 2022 at 2:36pm

ABC workers to lose their jobs...Fkn Labor, they were supposed to provide more jobs.

Gas problem, OH NO,we cant do anything its the previous guys fault.

OH,and all those promises we made to con all you voters(all 33% of you) forget them.We were just bullshitting better than SCUMMO.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 10 Jun 2022 at 4:53pm

Triggered.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 12:44pm

Labor are pretty Liberal with the tax payers $$$

Just announced a 893million payout for NonSupply of frog SUBS.

Its not a chook raffle ALBO, better negotiating skills than this disaster.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 5:40pm
quadzilla wrote:

Labor are pretty Liberal with the tax payers $$$

Just announced a 893million payout for NonSupply of frog SUBS.

Its not a chook raffle ALBO, better negotiating skills than this disaster.

You do understand why they had pay that? Renegging on a contract will always come at a cost, as the recently departed "superior economic managers" would have known when they pulled the plug on the deal.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 5:42pm

893 million dollars of tax payer money gone with the flick of a pen. What a fucken waste, fucked it from start to finish.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 5:50pm

Agree, it is a disgrace. Unfortunately not unexpected in the circumstances.

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 5:51pm
batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 8:18pm
Robwilliams wrote:

893 million dollars of tax payer money gone with the flick of a pen. What a fucken waste, fucked it from start to finish.

Pretty good result seeing that the LNP budgeted for a $5.5 B charge against the credit card.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Saturday, 11 Jun 2022 at 8:27pm
oxrox wrote:
batfink wrote:

Fair enough oxrox, but I didn’t hear them say they would immediately change things. What I heard was that at least you would have a govt that gave a shit, that would actually do SOMETHING.

What you heard is not what they said.

The problems they face are decades in the solution. When is the best time to start solving problems that will take you a decade to solve? Answer - nine years ago! When the LNP fuckers decided that governing ‘for the people’ was an antiquated idea.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 12:19pm
batfink wrote:
Robwilliams wrote:

Pretty good result seeing that the LNP budgeted for a $5.5 B charge against the credit card.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 12:28pm

One term government, with a history of financial stuff ups,9 years of trying to learn how to run a chook raffle and they blow a heap of money from a deal LABOR instigated.

Albo,took good lessons from Rudderless and JuLIAR.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 12:56pm
quadzilla wrote:

One term government, with a history of financial stuff ups,9 years of trying to learn how to run a chook raffle and they blow a heap of money from a deal LABOR instigated.

and they say irony is dead.
....it was the LNP that cancelled the contract and cost the australian tax paper a billion dollars.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 2:04pm

My theory on the subs still is that Biden threw Scomo under the bus. I genuinely don’t think we are fully independent on these issues and it was the US who commanded us to go in this direction. I have nothing to back up this claims, it’s pure speculation, I might be wrong, I might be right.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 2:47pm
chook wrote:
quadzilla wrote:

....it was the LNP that cancelled the contract and cost the australian tax paper a billion dollars.

That was a smart move going Nuke Powred,

But just a dumbass move by paying out almost a billion, I'm sure 2 croissants and a bottle of red would be more than enough.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 4:17pm
quadzilla wrote:
chook wrote:
quadzilla wrote:

But just a dumbass move by paying out almost a billion, I'm sure 2 croissants and a bottle of red would be more than enough.

I think both sides of this argument are disingenuous for political gain... surprise surprise...

was the almost billion dollars just to buy out of the contract?

or was some of it for works already done? ... ie. workers on site doing stuff...

either way...

a) the nuke subs are a way wiser choice

b) the frenchy budget and timeline were already blowing out

c) we are get much more than just the subs on delivery - we are getting access to technology; partnership; and interim use and protection whilst waiting

the debate here - and in the big arse media - is baseline, dumb, and political point scoring at best...

and, malcolm turdball, has shown himself to be the self centred, scorn, egomaniac he is throughout the whole saga

and I like malcolm! ... generally....

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 4:26pm
sypkan wrote:

he did give us a brief glimmer of hope for some sort of normality after the christian jihad mentality of Abbott and co.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 4:39pm
flollo wrote:

My theory on the subs still is that Biden threw Scomo under the bus. I genuinely don’t think we are fully independent on these issues and it was the US who commanded us to go in this direction. I have nothing to back up this claims, it’s pure speculation, I might be wrong, I might be right.

100% agree, would make complete sense too.

quadzilla's picture
quadzilla's picture
quadzilla Sunday, 12 Jun 2022 at 5:27pm
sypkan wrote:
quadzilla wrote:
chook wrote:
quadzilla wrote:

I think both sides of this argument are disingenuous for political gain... surprise surprise...

was the almost billion dollars just to buy out of the contract?

or was some of it for works already done? ... ie. workers on site doing stuff...

either way...

a) the nuke subs are a way wiser choice

b) the frenchy budget and timeline were already blowing out

c) we are get much more than just the subs on delivery - we are getting access to technology; partnership; and interim use and protection whilst waiting

the debate here - and in the big arse media - is baseline, dumb, and political point scoring at best...

and, malcolm turdball, has shown himself to be the self centred, scorn, egomaniac he is throughout the whole saga

. I dont

The 835 mill was left over from the pink batts, so all is good in LaborLand.

Inflation,higher interest rates,foreclosures...Just back to normal for La..bore.Mismanagement of the economy is their major policy but they keep it a secret(at election time) and just let it creep up on people.