COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 10:05am

No surprises there, though it doesn’t seem like Steiner’s claim to a “lifelong love of learning” extends to science.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 10:29am

ha ha no surprise at all, some stereo types are true.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 10:32am

Talking to my mate who is a teacher at Byron High and he said they lost only one teacher there, which was a surprise to me.
I thought they would have lost more.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 11:30am

Someone close to me was a lifelong anti-vaxxer but when it came to preserving her job in healthcare she became very quiet on the matter.
Seems like there’s social grandstanding and then there’s harsh economic realities.
At least the Steiner mob are backing up their ideological convictions I suppose.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 11:31am

What a shit show and the reason you have to hold the line here in Oz if you are only doing it to keep your job and / or travel. As hard as they make the future sound without it, it’s built on a house of cards.

US appeals court freezes vaccine mandate for business https://www.reuters.com/world/us/us-federal-appeals-court-issues-stay-bi...

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 11:32am

I was quite surprised when my anti-vaxxer pal in disability gave up her job.

In the car with my mate the high school teacher was a bloke who was working in aged care.....he also lost his job because of refusal to get vaxxed.
he was a gardener.

got another job the same day.

Luckily it's an easy labour market to get another job in.

tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden's picture
tylerdurden Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 11:59am

Ethical dilemma for mandating vaccines is if someone just prior to the injection says “I do not want this vaccine, I’m only doing it because I can’t afford to pay the fine and don’t want to go to jail”. When the vaccine is given, if the person then dies from anaphylaxis who takes responsibility?
That’s why they are mandatory by proxy, you don’t have to have them just you can’t really do anything in society you were previously used to doing. Technically not mandatory

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm

As per earlier post the only reason it’s being handed to business is it kicks the can down the road long enough that they maximise the jab quota. Feds can’t do it, states can’t do it, so business gets handed it.

This sets up a runway of about 12-24 months to hype it as much as possible and get as many jabbed as possible all the while the court system goes through the motions, taking its time and the jab quota gets hit.

Genius strategy if you’re in the business of jabbing ppl.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 7 Nov 2021 at 8:57pm

Quebec just dropped mandatory COVID vaccines for health care workers. Stated it couldn’t afford to lose as many as they were going to lose..

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 10:35am

Public hospitals failing to keep up with demand https://www.abc.net.au/radionational/programs/breakfast/public-hospitals.... If our vaccine supply is going to reach its expiry date instead of giving booster shots before they are really needed why aren’t we delivering them to our poorer neighbours who need them now ?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm

"An unvaccinated man in his 30s who had no significant health conditions is one of the seven new COVID-19 deaths reported in NSW today."

https://www.smh.com.au/national/australia-news-live-restrictions-ease-in...

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:15pm
blindboy wrote:

"An unvaccinated man in his 30s who had no significant health conditions is one of the seven new COVID-19 deaths reported in NSW today."

Yep. As the facts state a healthy younger person is 99.99% likely to survive Covid. Thanks for making a point of the rarity of the occurrence BB. Just like dementia , Covid is primarily a threat to the elderly, then those with multiple serious conditions. I look forward to BB locating the odd young individual who suffers from dementia and making a big deal out of that too. In the meantime everyone else can be rational about the extremely minor threat.

However the 47 Covid “related” deaths amongst double vaccinated in NSW between June-October is much more concerning. These vaccinated people are simply walking around the streets carrying their death plague . Surely we should all be hiding in our basements with the lights out to prevent this occurring?

It’s obviously a pandemic of the vaccinated.

Another 18 booster shots will save us!

In other news…..my Mum has still not recovered from her vaccine reaction. Her mobility has decreased by about 90%. The vaccine had a debilitating and life changing effect on her life.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:28pm
Blowin wrote:
blindboy wrote:

Yep. As the facts state a healthy younger person is 99.99% likely to survive Covid. Thanks for making a point of the rarity of the occurrence BB. Just like dementia , Covid is primarily a threat to the elderly, then those with multiple serious conditions. I look forward to BB locating the odd young individual who suffers from dementia and making a big deal out of that too. In the meantime everyone else can be rational about the extremely minor threat.

However the 47 Covid “related” deaths amongst double vaccinated in NSW between June-October is much more concerning. These vaccinated people are simply walking around the streets carrying their death plague . Surely we should all be hiding in our basements with the lights out to prevent this occurring?

It’s obviously a pandemic of the vaccinated.

Another 18 booster shots will save us!

In other news…..my Mum has still not recovered from her vaccine reaction. Her mobility has decreased by about 90%. The vaccine had a debilitating and life changing effect on her life.

"In the meantime everyone else can be rational about the extremely minor threat."

Yet, blowin was completely irrational about the very minor threat with the vaccine.
Just confirming yet again how unbalanced and stupid your arguments always are.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:32pm

“Of the 47 cases who died with COVID-19 who had two doses of vaccine, their average age was 82 years; 29 (61.7%) were residents of aged care facilities and the other 18 had significant comorbidities.

“Of the 30 admitted to ICU, 26 (86.7%) had significant co-morbidities and 4 had no reported comorbid conditions.”

Your mother's case is unfortunate but with the inevitable spread into regional areas which is about to occur she obviously considered it a risk worth taking.

"According to the CDC, it's still not clear whether fully vaccinated people with asymptomatic infections can transmit the virus.
What is clear, however, is that unvaccinated people are still the major drivers of transmission."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-09-24/covid-vaccines-do-they-cha...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:42pm

Roadkills- Wat till you’ve seen your mum in hospital from the vaccine and then have her health and mobility permanently ruined by it before you start up your shit. I don’t know anyone who has suffered from severe Covid, do you?

BB….if you’re trying to mitigate the vaccine deaths because of comorbidities, you’ve just mitigated the gravity of 99% of Covid deaths full stop.

The CDC is utterly unreliable as a source. It operates as a functionary for the pharmaceutical industry which pays for it. If the US gave a rat’s arse about public health there would be a public health system. There is nota care for the health of the public. More people died in US from being poor in a single year than died WITH Covid in its entire history.Does the government stop everything to save these lives….lololol. Threat of a virus being exploited for money, power, control.

https://soapboxie.com/social-issues/Poverty-Kills-More-People-than-eithe...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:47pm

From BB cones the truth of the Covid matter. He thinks this is exceptional statistics resulting from vaccine protection but it is the reality of who is vulnerable to Covid.

““Of the 47 cases who died with COVID-19 who had two doses of vaccine, their average age was 82 years; 29 (61.7%) were residents of aged care facilities and the other 18 had significant comorbidities.
“Of the 30 admitted to ICU, 26 (86.7%) had significant co-morbidities and 4 had no reported comorbid conditions.“

The most overhyped virus in the world’s history. Think back to how it was discussed last year when the medal would have you believe it was indiscriminate mass killer.The lies told were incredible. Has there ever been a second to pause and assess the scale of government sanctioned and engineered scare mongering? They literally tried to induce panic in society.

Covid should be renamed MPC-19 ( Money, Power, Control-19)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:45pm
Blowin wrote:

Roadkills- Wat till you’ve seen your mum in hospital from the vaccine and then have her health and mobility permanently ruined by it before you start up your shit. I don’t know anyone who has suffered from severe Covid, do you?

BB….if you’re trying to mitigate the vaccine deaths because of comorbidities, you’ve just mitigated the gravity of 99% of Covid deaths full stop.

The CDC is utterly unreliable as a source. It operates as a functionary for the pharmaceutical industry which pays for it. If the US gave a rat’s arse about public health there would be a public health system. There is nota care for the health of the public. More people died in US from being poor in a single year than died WITH Covid in its entire history.Does the government stop everything to save these lives….lololol. Threat of a virus being exploited for money, power, control.

Yep. I have had 2 family member die from Covid. Both in England.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:48pm

No start up of shit princess.

Just the facts. The vaccine is safe and the threat from having it is very very very minor.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:48pm
Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

You’re lying. Why are you a bullshitter? Why is it only the virus phobics know someone who was affected by Covid. More lies etc etc.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:54pm
Blowin][quote=Roadkill wrote:
Blowin wrote:

You’re lying. Why are you a bullshitter? Why is it only the virus phobics know someone who was affected by Covid. More lies etc

I'm lying? Why would I lie?

Why is it only the anti vaxers who have multiple family dying or suffering after taking the vaccines?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:54pm

Yeh well tell that to my daughter who deals with the consequences of the kind of misinformation you help spread every day. She faces people turning up to emergency when they are already struggling to breathe. She sees the disastrous impact of that virus on people's health every day while you diddle around on the internet seeking confirmation for your beliefs that have already been so thorougly debunked that anyone with any decency would cringe at the thought of being associated with them. Why? Are you really so unable to admit that you are wrong?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:56pm

Sad to read your mums still not doing well blowin and I would be angry and bitter too . I have my own concerns around getting my 5 year old daughter vaccinated for covid . Looking at the trials Pfizer has done doesn’t convince me it’s safe given that its a small number of kids that were involved . It’s a big decision and this is why I’m pissed that Professor Petrovsky vaccine hasn’t been looked at given its not mRNA . Trials haven’t been done for children with his vaccine either . Australian government simply isn’t interested and hasn’t been from the start . I sure some parents are excited to give their young kids Pfizer but I’m also sure there are plenty with real concerns . https://insightplus.mja.com.au/2021/42/covid-vaccines-for-5-to-11-year-o... https://www.wsj.com/articles/researchers-probe-link-between-covid-19-vac.... https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/a-complex-decision-covid-19-va...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 3:57pm
blindboy wrote:

Yeh well tell that to my daughter who deals with the consequences of the kind of misinformation you help spread every day. She faces people turning up to emergency when they are already struggling to breathe. She sees the disastrous impact of that virus on people's health every day while you diddle around on the internet seeking confirmation for your beliefs that have already been so thorougly debunked that anyone with any decency would cringe at the thought of being associated with them. Why? Are you really so unable to admit that you are wrong?

Because I’m not wrong and the factual statistics confirm it. Ask your daughter how many healthy younger people she has seen die from Covid.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 4:02pm
Supafreak wrote:

Sad to read your mums still not doing well blowin and I would be angry and bitter too . I have my own concerns around getting my 5 year old daughter vaccinated for covid . Looking at the trials Pfizer has done doesn’t convince me it’s safe given that its a small number of kids that were involved . It’s a big decision and this is why I’m pissed that Professor Petrovsky vaccine hasn’t been looked at given its not mRNA . Trials haven’t been done for children with his vaccine either . Australian government simply isn’t interested and hasn’t been from the start . I sure some parents are excited to give their young kids Pfizer but I’m also sure there are plenty with real concerns . https://insightplus.mja.com.au/2021/42/covid-vaccines-for-5-to-11-year-o... https://www.wsj.com/articles/researchers-probe-link-between-covid-19-vac.... https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/a-complex-decision-covid-19-va...

She’s still very much compromised. She is a sucker for the media and still got the second jab despite what happened the first time. Her Pisa syndrome returned to its drastic state and even her brain dead GP couldn’t deny the cause. It’s fucked up how much she is restricted in mobility now, Unfortunately a loss of mobility affects everything else. Bodily functions do not operate efficiently without the stimulation of movement. It’s pretty fucken heavy.

Why would you even consider vaccinating a child? 100% survival rate for people under 20 in Australia. Kids shrug it off and develop natural immunity.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 4:31pm

Healthy younger people are in the mix but more importantly it is not only healthy younger people who believe the bullshit you promote about the virus being over hyped.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 5:50pm

“Why would you even consider vaccinating a child? 100% survival rate for people under 20 in Australia. Kids shrug it off and develop natural immunity“

Because they can spread covid to the old and vulnerable.

Which has happened in Singapore.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 6:12pm

Have you read "the boy who cried wolf" blowin?
Here's the thing blowin, you could be telling the truth that your mum got sick after getting vaccinated, but given your history, I take everything you say with a grain of salt.
Even if you are telling the truth re vaccination and your mum, correlation doesn't necessarily = causation.
Abusing the GP, just because he or she doesn't give you the answers you want is kind of pathetic. I suggest a second opinion and a more open mind.
BTW, it seems like every anti-vaxxer on the planet know a person (or multi people) who have died from the vaccine. Given the tiny number of deaths, their claims seam highly unlikely to be true.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 6:39pm
Vic Local wrote:

Have you read "the boy who cried wolf" blowin?
Here's the thing blowin, you could be telling the truth that your mum got sick after getting vaccinated, but given your history, I take everything you say with a grain of salt.
Even if you are telling the truth re vaccination and your mum, correlation doesn't necessarily = causation.
Abusing the GP, just because he or she doesn't give you the answers you want is kind of pathetic. I suggest a second opinion and a more open mind.
BTW, it seems like every anti-vaxxer on the planet know a person (or multi people) who have died from the vaccine. Given the tiny number of deaths, their claims seam highly unlikely to be true.

You need more salt than what a Sumo wrestler throws into the ring before each bout.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 7:10pm

Pretty crazy some of these vaccination rates areas are now achieving ACT hit 95% double vaccination and happy to say my shire is going to be over 95% vaccinated too as last month was reported at least 95% of people over 15 had first jab or more.

dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 8:15pm

For anyone that wants to jump in and vaccinate kids.. from the TGA -
“Paediatric population:
The safety and efficacy of COMIRNATY in children and adolescents aged less than 16 years of age have not yet been established. Limited data are available in this age group..”

I would suggest deaths from vaccination are pretty low on the list of concerns. Long term health consequences are the issue.

According to the data from health.gov.au less than 2 in a million experience myopericarditis at around 50 years.
I know 2 that have ended up in hospital from my town of 11k. Guessing I might know 25% of them.
In the ED they say take some ibuprofen and “usually” the symptoms subside after a few weeks. Interesting choice of words from a regional hospital if it’s a 2 in a million stat.

Boys under 16 are 20 times more likely to develop this condition than 50 year olds.

Ok so you say in the one hand he says there’s not enough data but in the other he’s quoting stats. All straight from the government websites my friends.

Confusing? yeah. Safe? who f’n knows. Experimental? Absolutely.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:08pm

Spot on dp, Myocarditis stats are through the roof. And whilst the prognosis for patients with acute myocarditis who rapidly recover is very good. If damage to the heart muscle becomes chronic and/or progressive, the prognosis declines rapidly. In short, it can knock a lot of years off your life and needs to be taken very seriously.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:15pm

Bang on DP. I personally know 3 people who have had strokes within a 2 week period of the jab.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:17pm

Indo, these stats nationally are fascinating and frightening at the same time. I'm also dubious about the accuracy of these stats. But putting that to one side, tell me again why you are happy with 95% of your community being jabbed?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:23pm

The risk of myocarditis is roughly 100 cases per million vaccinations. For the innumerate that is one in 10,000 vaccinations. Deaths? Only one that I can find. The stats are easy to find so you blokes seem to be talking through the wrong orifice.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:42pm
shortenism wrote:

Indo, these stats nationally are fascinating and frightening at the same time. I'm also dubious about the accuracy of these stats. But putting that to one side, tell me again why you are happy with 95% of your community being jabbed?

The only reason i would imagine anyone is happy about it is because the MSM have them so scared. What an eye opener to how government & media work hand in hand.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:42pm

"I personally know X number of people who have had (insert nasty illness here) after getting vaxxed"
Fuck the anti-vaxxers can consistently talk absolute BS. It's like they have a script.

dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 9:47pm

Yes super easy to find:

https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2021/09/covid-19...

Where are your stats coming from BB?

dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope's picture
dawnperiscope Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 10:03pm

If you don’t know anyone that has experienced negative side effects I’d say you’re either very lucky or don’t talk to many people.
I’m no anti vaxxer, but find it really hard to respect the view that we should be vaccinating kids without understanding the potential side effects. Especially when the purpose is to protect a vaccinated population.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 10:06pm

Pfizer trials were done on 1518 kids who received 2 doses in the 5-11 age range. Not really a big trial.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 10:14pm
dawnperiscope wrote:

If you don’t know anyone that has experienced negative side effects I’d say you’re either very lucky or don’t talk to many people.
I’m no anti vaxxer, but find it really hard to respect the view that we should be vaccinating kids without understanding the potential side effects. Especially when the purpose is to protect a vaccinated population.

I know some people who have had side effects from the vax. General tiredness for a day. Sore arm for an afternoon etc etc. I don't know of anyone who has serious side effects and that's not unusual given how rare serious side effects are.
Meanwhile there's been 5 million recorded deaths and 250 mil recorded cases, and the actual numbers are no doubt a lot higher.
But the weirdo anti-vaxxers actually think the vaccine is the big problem. Absolute morons.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 11:00pm
Vic Local wrote:
dawnperiscope wrote:

I know some people who have had side effects from the vax. General tiredness for a day. Sore arm for an afternoon etc etc. I don't know of anyone who has serious side effects and that's not unusual given how rare serious side effects are.
Meanwhile there's been 5 million recorded deaths and 250 mil recorded cases, and the actual numbers are no doubt a lot higher.
But the weirdo anti-vaxxers actually think the vaccine is the big problem. Absolute morons.

C'mon Vic, 5 Million recorded death from or with Covid? Im not saying the virus isnt real, however there is far more going on than whats being reported on main stream media.

The majority people have an irrational fear from propaganda shoved down their throat from every possible angle.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 8 Nov 2021 at 11:46pm

Here’s two Israel studies which differ from the US , very large studies and only one recorded death . In one study the 16 - 19 young male bracket, they had a 15 in 100,000 chance of myocarditis . In the second study it was 11 in 100,000 The US studies were much lower. Most cases were mild . No studies on 5 -11 year olds . https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02740-y

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 9 Nov 2021 at 6:55am

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2021/nov/09/choppy-seas-ahead-for-kell...
Jog on Kelly. We don't make rules to protect idiots who are a danger to others in this country.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Tuesday, 9 Nov 2021 at 6:56am

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 9 Nov 2021 at 8:10am

On the latest data, under 50s occupy 36% of ICU beds.
https://www.monash.edu/__data/assets/pdf_file/0005/2734880/25_MONASH_SPR...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 9 Nov 2021 at 8:52am

Covid has been in Australia for about 20 months. There has been 181578 cases - probably many more as not all cases are confirmed.

Fatalities WITH Covid

0-9 years : 0
10-19 years :2
20-29 years :9
30-39 years: 18
40-49 years : 36

A total of 65 deaths WITH Covid as an underlying condition for the entire duration of Covid for all Australians under 50 years of age out of an eligible demographic of over 14 million people.

Facts.

Vs

Fear mongering

BB - Until you acknowledge the vast, vast difference between the fear mongering narrative and the reality it’s yourself who is guilty of peddling misinformation. You could start by admitting that the virus is not a major threat to human life for those who are not encumbered by serious underlying health conditions and the elderly.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 9 Nov 2021 at 9:11am

181,578 cases
1827 deaths

The 14 million is irrelevant except to indicate how succesful we were at stopping the spread. The age distribution is also irrelevant as everyone infected can spread the disease. I assume you got vaccinated to protect your mother. Maybe you should apply that same thinking to other vulnerable people in the community. The point is that the unvaccinated under 50s who think that they are safe are deluding themselves. They face a real risk of infection and serious disease as the virus spreads. Fear mongering? No mate, facing the fact that we all need to act to prevent serious illness and death amongst the vulnerable and while the statistics give us a good guide to who they are, many people are more vulnerable than they think.
Then there is the issue thast beyond personal risk we all have a responsibility to avoid infection to reduce the load on ICU units. When the under 50s occupy 36% of the beds, they become a significant part of the problem.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 9 Nov 2021 at 9:15am

Wow…..you still claim that young people are deluding themselves if they realise that their risk of death is tiny.

11 people under 20 years old dead WITH Covid as an underlying condition amongst their other serious comorbidities and you still argue against this fact?

Why do you ignore the science and choose to parrot doom mongering headlines? Your relentless misinformation should be punished by gaol time. There could be vulnerable, mentally ill young people reading this and your irrational fear peddling could put them at risk. You are dangerous.