COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:59am

Wouldn't have made a difference if they sported a pacifier or a walking frame.

A carnt is a carnt is a carnt.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 7:53am

Farrrk, I just watched those Karen links.
How could anyone not punch them in the head for that, wow

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 10:15am

There’s a second video of the same Karen being a cunt at a post office. Unbelievably after the bunnings incident.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 10:32am

The paradox of COVID

The year that should've seen me paying more attention to world affairs, to politics, to society and its responses, that should have seen me be more engaged than ever, has resulted in the exact opposite. I don't have a theory on COVID, never have, and I barely pay attention to the numbers or how the government is changing its plans. It's an attitude that bucks thirty years of lived experience when I not only had to know how the world worked but also have an opinion on why it is so. Used to pride myself on it.

When we were in lockdown I simply did what the government told us to do and I did it with indifference - no overarching theory attached to my behaviour - just did it. Yet I never felt like I was moving away from knowledge, or towards ignorance, it just felt that uncoupling myself from all the points and counter-points and counter-counter-points was a safer place to be.

To hell with the conspiracy theorists, the Important Citizen Journalists like Jim Banks and Karen from Bunnings, to hell with the pollies trying to milk opportunity from crisis, the shameless culture warriors who promote unity yet never stop warring. Fuck 'em all. None of 'em have won a thing but they keep on going and going with their mindless opinions.

I'll come back out of my shell when the world is saner, and if that's never then I'm happy with that too.

Surf's been good lately...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 10:38am

Sad thing is these people are getting exactly what they want....attention.

Any anger/condemning from the public to them is just 'sheeple' being 'sheeple'. This will get re-enforced in their echo chambers.

Any violence against them only helps to build there case/attract views.

p.s. How friendly are Australian cops....with all the news of police brutality or even heavy handedness around the world, they were nothing short of friendly, real people.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 10:42am

Stunet:

Is that 'cos Covid kind of sits in the 'too hard basket'?

p.s. when we're the oldies telling the little ones stories of this time....how crazy will be it be that this is the event that almost made us globally come unstuck. Not war, not a properly deadly virus*, but Covid and culture wars.

*not saying Covid is not serious, but realistically we could be copping a virus like Ebola going more global....lots of experts see Covid as the dress rehearsal for the more serious virus we will at some point encounter.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 10:51am

Not exactly sure, Stok.

Seems even the best medical minds dont yet have a firm grip on the nature of COVID so I think I just got exhausted by self-important folk spouting off with half-baked theories that could never be tested.

Reckon if I paid too much attention I'd despair at humanity and where the Culture of the Individual has taken us, so I've retreated from social media, from a steady diet of news, from the world of opinion, and just doing my thing without any fixed theory on COVID.

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 10:58am

probably not a bad state of being, stu

lockdown fatigue is hitting hard in melbourne, everyone i speak with is in at least a mild depressive state & there is currently no light at the end of the tunnel down here

Spuddups's picture
Spuddups's picture
Spuddups Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 11:01am

It all gets a bit tiresome after a while aye Stu. The footie's been back on here for a couple of months now. Under normal circumstances I'm not that interested, but these days I'm watching a bit just to engage with something in the news that isn't Covid. The surf's been pretty good over here as well which has been helpful.

RE The Karens, conspiracy theorists and the like: There's always been idiots like these in the community. Most probably there always will. The only thing that's changed from earlier times is that now they have a platform to vent their half baked, self-centred, mean spirited bullshit. I'm with you in that I just try to ignore them. It's better for my mental health that way at any rate.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 11:03am

I wish i could do my thing, that's the point.

Doing my thing involves going about my day relatively unhindered. Interacting with people, getting around.

I'm getting real tired of wearing a mask, having to stand on a sticker delineating where i should be, talking to people through plastic, reading nothing but covid, being prevented to travel, hearing the 'new normal'.

This is not living.

Hey, at least I have my health.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 11:04am

and the surf has been no more than waist high for three months.

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 11:10am

"Hey, at least I have my health."

yeah this is what i keep coming back to, it's all good if you're still breathing, lol

also lucky that my wife and i both still have jobs

and yeah simple things like having a game of footy to watch this time around, helps that my team is winning too

fuck, i've got nothing to complain about

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 11:15am

That's what keeps me grounded.

Reminding myself I am waaay better off than many people.

Still, gotta have a bit of a whinge- I farking hate plastic barriers.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 11:18am

Good article in ABC news today about how the idea of 'others have it worse than me' is potentially quite damaging.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-27/coronavirus-impact-on-mental-heal...

I'm trying to avoid the clickbait'y news, and sticking to anything which is a bit more stepped back.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:04pm

Its a pandemic with deadly consequences and we should all be working together as best as we can. Less blame and more understanding and compassion. Mistakes will be made, things and people will fall through the cracks. Here in Australia politicians, governments and the public services are doing the best they can in an imperfect way in an imperfect world with the resources and mindsets that predate covid. I don't care about anything but seeing and hearing about unity of purpose and action. If we don't come together now and in the months and years to come in fighting the virus and getting the economy working for ordinary people we are fucked. Having said that if our current federal government wants to truly unite the country there will be no further talk of Thatcher nor Reagan FFS.

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 12:16pm

well said, guy

and yep i nearly spewed when i heard the casual thatcher/reagan idolisation from our esteemed treasurer

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 2:22pm

[ Disclaimer ] tbb is a sleep apnea Outpatient & wishes to share vital insight.
What you are about to read is common knowledge in the medical world.
Problem is widespread but solutions are not forthcoming in immediate pandemic.
Sure! It's wildly alarming & if you have an answer then feel free to save the world.
[Warning] Article reveals the price of a Human Life during a Pandemic .
tbb is least trying to Alarm but to simply share the way of the world in crisis.

Covid -19 cure kills more than the virus, even more so in the busiest Hospitals.

Masks to breathing tubes must be sterile but no effective means are proven.
UV & Salt (Sun & Surf) Is hard to beat as it has least toxicity inside our body.
Some plants may do the job but every other cleaning agent burns out our Lungs.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3895893/

This is why Hospitals once clanged all that noisy stainless steel cutlery & bed pans.
Health is now too expensive, so plastic rules the day & it can't be sterilised.
Hospitals are now the #1 waste industry with up to 33% Sea of Plastic . .

Hospitals can ill afford to create World's biggest Plastic pile during the Pandemic.
World could not cope with such waste, so largest plastic lifelines are reused.

Ventilator coiled tubing...it is perfectly designed for collecting & growing bacteria.
It's also impossible to hygienically flush & dry all those crevices of bendy tube.

Once they flick the switch ...the high pressure ticking time bomb is blasting away.
Patients breathe a cocktail of bacteria from previous Russian Roulette competitors.
Death rate is near equal & could be higher forgoing other compromises.

https://anesthesiology.pubs.asahq.org/article.aspx?articleid=1942804

The most vital lifeline is the most infected by which only the immune will survive.
The most communicable are most likely to fit that group (Young & female).

Our Lungs are set below our intake because hot air rises & escapes...
All Hospital Outpatient's breathing machines are designed to sit beneath airwaves.
The water from the chamber can't rise up the Tube enough to drown the patient.
Thankfully it works fine & tbb is alive to share that fact...
Outpatient's air tubes rise & settings are read from above. (Not from the front)

Hospital OHS mandates utility height readings of vitals at the front of ventilators.
This elevates the Air vent to now being above Patient's airways. ( Least healthy! )
Hospital ventilator Tubes heat liquids fast from a closed body.
Here, humidity breaches past a stand + Hose Clasp, to flow down into airwaves.

This spells the beginning of the end as discomfort, fluid & infection sets in.
Patient cannot convey this obstruction & regurgitates the now infectious soup.
From here, it only takes a few hours & one's body is fighting a losing battle.

There is one last hope to part release this toxicity...it's called the expiration valve.
Most outpatients do away with the micro filter as it relaxes normal breathing.
Allowing De-Tox of complete plastic VOC Hot house. (re: see also Mask valves)

Bodies also heat with closed masks...add toxins & you're brewing trouble.
WHO recommend Detergent? ( Try sniffing on that in a paper Bag) No Thanx!
A human Hot water washing Machine is not a healthy option! We know better!
Most masks cause ill effect from one Hour...only use them for essential outings.

&feature=emb_logo
tbb said up top...less is better...some wash masks with Anti-bac' Baby Shampoo!
Here's a cool Hijab brew..
https://www.fiefia.shop/
See plant brews up top...
CPAP community use antiseptic essential oils to Mouth Wash..(Miles of the stuff)
http://www.cpaptalk.com/search.php?keywords=Anti+bacterial&sid=c05107301...

Be mindful that a mask's VOC's heat to then brew inside your body.
You will feel dizzy, lose memory & become lethargic ...ask tbb! ( Not Good! )

Cont...Secondary vital function of the filter is that it maintains body temperature...
A closed mask or Ventilator will raise body temp > 1*
In a home or private setting the removal of said filter is afforded & recommended.
True! tbb was given Doctor's permission to do just that!

However is a Hospital setting with OHS the most dense micron filters are fitted.
Naturally the staff don't wish an automated volcano of Covid spraying the ward.
Note: Services won't approach front valve Mask wearer, must point down.(Safety)

Hospitals fit dense filter & face it downward to act as a sponge > (Zero expulsion)
Where upon it drips all gross like, into buckets & skid pans. (Nice Job!)

Clean air for the Nurses, but Patient is now stewing in everyone else's juices.

Suck in a Thickshake of Bacteria with no expulsion option & no sense of being.
Your Lungs are drowning in everyone's Covid while you save the planet. Salute!

Cheer Up!
tbb won't leave you there! There are options that may save your life.

BYO ( Donate several 'Same Type' Hospital grade vent' tubes on arrival ) Sorted!
Of course put yer name tag on them...be greedy! Your final selfish goodwill gesture.

NSW Health are treating 15% of Covid Patients in Quarantine ...via E Health.
This affords selfish best practice rising Tubes + non filtered expiration de-tox.
In theory! (Not expert advice) Should prevent build up of fluid on yer Lungs.
Virus Shoots out like a Spray for $20m Banksy Covid Hotel Mural.
Should go half way to paying yer Hot Hotel Quarantine bill...

Doesn't hurt to know that Oz health can treat you with yer own 'sterile' Equipment.
Haven't gone into the costing but it will come in under the Hot Hotel Cost.
https://www.pulseitmagazine.com.au/news/australian-ehealth/5504-rpa-ramp...

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 2:16pm

Here you go Zen, don't feel down, this is top shelf Internet:

Model maker and cinematographer seems to be a young girl whose channel is just this... sinking cardboard ocean liners. The decor, props, internal sections of the ship, chronology of the sinking... are spot on. The cardboard structure is amusing. She then goes down and dives on the wrecks:

Someone has had fun on COVID lock down.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 2:28pm

Quick trip to the hardware store on your way to ICU.

Awesome TB.

Actually, it never occurred to me how they sterilse ventilators.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 2:55pm

Great attention to detail VJ.

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 3:46pm

I'm with Stu on the overload thing , "fuck em all"....
So is Todd Grady of Betoota Heights
https://www.betootaadvocate.com/uncategorized/crisis-sees-man-learn-the-...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 3:54pm

thanx Zenagain, often these reports are personal & bring little joy.
With Govt media gag...It serves no one good to sit on startling truths.

People are more hungry for the truth yet get stonewalled by their reps.
Medicare breakup is overwhelming...1million Lib quangos / minute. (It's Putrid!)

tbb & no one here needs to read or write such dire message...hence the warnings.
Perhaps because tbb is ill, it comes natural, but i swear it picks me & writes itself...

Take today's announcement from the Grim Reaper...(tbb will look away!)
In fact it's so alarming tbb feels the crew should read it for themselves...

1918 Comeback as Winter Wave wipes out Forever Autumn...

Intergalactic Sport CEO is gonna Slam yer boot lids Shut!

That's tbb painting a pretty picture...brace yourselves!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 7:11pm

If you were curious what really stupid people look like the Karen was actually a Kerry.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/business/retail/bunnings-antimasker-unma...

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 7:57pm

Attention seeking yuppies all of them so far, what a tool that women is, really is that the best thing you can to do to be noticed? Seems the Karen mantle has stuck with that one ."Posts online under a false name" ha ha wonder if she might be a swellnet contributor ....

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 8:26pm

Damn!

My cover is blown.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 8:53pm

Huh??

I didn't think Butch Vig produced this?!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 9:13pm

Vic State Health have offered to assist in "Fed Govt's Victorian Age Care Crisis"!
Tells media not to discriminate with record cases, as both Govts work together.
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/coronavirus-public-update/series/0/video/N...
Amazing leadership under pressure...Vic Premier is across everything.
27/7/2020 Media focus on Age Care Challenge [21:50 ] + [44:10] + [59:00 ]+ Ed >
https://iview.abc.net.au/show/coronavirus-public-update/series/0/video/N...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 27 Jul 2020 at 9:47pm

I don't know where you dig them up puppifact but I love 'em!

I used to sing this out loud when I got my first car. Still spontaneously bust it out every now and then.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 10:03am

Agree zen... facto had to hide in the boot to smash thru 1970's Joh's Police State.
Qld Censorship board must straighten out this swellnet punk that defiled our Karen.

Just dddon't you worry about your pisshead Karen...Eve is the devil in disguise.
Dutto will not let Eve trash, crash or smash Qld Police State!

All points Dobber Alert : [ Oz Post meme of Trollet ]
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTDxjxJC_Xhc-uDVTaw...

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 11:10am

Must be hard being a real Karen nowadays. Can't we just call them Mildred or Winifred or something old school like that!!!

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 11:30am

Some great counselling going on here, last few pages particularly showing disagreement but also support, and for blokes to have an outlet where they can be honest is actually quite refreshing, and so mentally healthy.

Stu, don’t worry about clocking off on world events for a while. Well still be here, if that’s what your inner voice is telling you, go for it. One of the upsides many people have talked about with all this is that it has made them realise what is important to them. You’ve got your wife and kids, and surfing and friends and the swell net forum crew. You don’t NEED more than that. The urge to re-engage with the world will come back and you’ll be all over it, but with a different relationship to it, a better one.

Soggydog, couldn’t agree more with you about Ita’s blow up about the young. It was total bullshit. The late teens and early 20’s people I know are a quality group, and they are often carrying the can for a shite society created by others before them.

The entitled Karens and Kens of this world are more towards the 30’s and 40’s anyway, but playing this ‘this generation is...’ game is always going to be unfair on most of the people in that generation (an entirely made up concept anyway)

What we have here, is NOT a failure to communicate. Good community going on right here, right now.

Best of luck out there, especially to the Vics. Keep your heads down a little while longer, we can still get out of this, if we stick together, even with the small number of Karen’s out there.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 12:01pm

Great movie Batfink.

Ronson's picture
Ronson's picture
Ronson Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 12:33pm

Yeah look I've got a problem: the insidious entering into the vernacular of the term "lived experience".

Surely this is a tautology?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 12:40pm

Scomo says he has these Karens sorted ....

Screen-Shot-2020-07-28-at-12-38-47-pm

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 12:57pm

27 Oct 1918 { San Francisco Chronicle }
[ 3 SHOT IN STRUGGLE WITH MASK SLACKER ]

https://i.insider.com/5ec584914dca686dbf41cdc5

At a downtown drugstore in San Francisco...Special Health Officer Henry D. Miller requested Mr James Wisser to don his mask. Mr Wisser refused, 'some reports' say Mr Wisser knocked him to the ground...resulting in a warning shot fired into the air by the Safety Officer.

Officer Miller immediately closed in on his man...Shooting one innocent bystander then another...outta my way you fuckin' losers. Now the mass shooter Miller gets a clear shot or two at his target...shooting him in the leg & then also his right hand.

Mr Wisser was taken to Emergency Hospital, where he was placed under arrest for failure to comply with Mass Shooter's stray bullets.

Our hero hired hand Mr Miller was free to continue with his shooting pandemic.
Just wear the fuckin' mask or I'll take out yer Shopping Mall.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/how-fragmented-country...

San Francisco also formed the first Anti Mask League.
Members: Doctors, Supervisors, former Mayor, Lead activist 1st SFC Woman voter.

Oz 1918: "Donning Masks is like using barbed wire fences to keep out the Flies!"
Old Newspaper : "Wearing a Mask will become as natural as wearing a Hat!"

What's New for Oz 2020 Pandemic :

Homeschool recyclers roll out Mum's wine barrels...Hey Mum! "Wot's a Hat ?"

Oz Mums knife fight for last roll of Coles mini Barbed Wire has locked down aisle 4.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 1:44pm

Can anyone point me to a breakdown of
- hospitalisations
- deaths
by age? In Aus and globally.

The only info I've found is from March and April.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 3:59pm

Thank's god for some common sense in NSW, everything handled exactly how it should have been, I'm sure if Dan had a time machine he would do things much differently.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-28/sydney-black-lives-matter-protest...

No matter if you are some Karen not wanting to wear a mask or some virtue signalling protester, you don't have the right to endanger others health.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 4:53pm

Great movie Zen, dripping with pathos. I think I first saw it in my teens, has stayed with me since.

Yeah Indo, those damned socially distancing, mask wearing protestors. And what are they protesting, just because yet another black man died in custody, yet again, and again.

They were no danger to anyone's health, this was nothing more than a political stunt. If they seriously believe this was a health threat they would not be allowing people to watch games of footy at the ground. What was it, 6,000 plus at Parramatta on the weekend, and ScoMo at his beloved Cronulla game, sans mask.

And your stated theory that the Melbourne BLM protest caused anything regarding the virus is disproved by the fact that the same protests in Sydney, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth and a host of regional towns did not lead to anything, and health officials in Victoria could not attribute even one person getting infected due to the March, even from the long bow of somehow this brought out all the Karens (they are invariably from the Right of politics)

I imagine you would be one of the ones arguing for no lockdowns, or much less than what we have had. I'm sure if I went back in this thread we could find examples. Cry freedom, except for those guys, eh!

Not that I expect to convince you of anything, this is for the rest of the good folk on this site. If Dan could go back in his time machine, and stopped the rallies, the only state in Australia to do so, you and your political fellow travellers would no doubt have been excoriating him. Plus it would have made no difference.

So no, I doubt he would go back to that point if he had his time again. I suspect he would be appointing police to secure the housing comm. towers and quarantine hotels rather than worrying about something that had no effect whatsoever.

Speaking of which, who reckons there's something fishy about Gladys continuing to allow pubs and clubs and restaurants to stay open given that these account for just about all of the NSW clusters in the second round? Who thinks she might just be making a big mistake there?

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 6:55pm

Looking like organiser Gibson is a white / black activist? or just a male attention seeking Karen perhaps? Would much rather have some real locals running this BLM stuff rather than over educated white guys.
Great cause but dumb time to try and make a point.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 7:38pm

On the money there batfink. The response to the protestors was disproportionate to the risk (if any) they posed. The response of the NSW Police was shameful and demostrated that they are going backwards in their management of these type of situations. The fact that the demonstration was illegal did not justify the actions of the police. Any commissioner with half a brain, any sense of true justice or any real desire to maintain social coherence, would have recognised that the protestors were not breaching the COVID restrictions so there was no need to act.
The repression of protest in the US has been real and based on long standing racist practices updated and intensified by the narcissistic moron in the White House. Australia has similar historical form in this regard. Further reading: https://www.nybooks.com/daily/2020/07/27/a-brief-history-of-dangerous-ot...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 8:34pm

Tell me why you Like Mondays?

March was weird, a month of no Mass School shootings.( Debated it was! )
But since then the pattern has continued with no mention of School Shootings.
April then May saw most schools Close...talk of those returning soon?
There is zero mention of this in US media for obvious reason. (It's Still weird!)

The Ugly Truth! Well, it's never been safer for US kids to attend School...
3rd Feb 2020 {RIP} was the last US Mass School Shooting...(Gets weirder!)

Covid-19 has halted School Shootings. (Not certain but...hopefully Yes!)
Covid Amnesty for want of a better word, rewinds School Freedom to 2004.
2004 (9 mth amnesty) US Global Threat # War on Terror # Scared the kiddies!

Sure! Equally shares a period of bombastic lowest point US Govt Policy for kids.
Don't think the kids aren't onto that, as we were in Reagan's Cold War Nuke age!

US Mass Shootings, Killings, Wounded also dropped to new lows in March...BUT!

Sadly, Mass shootings now double last years tally, reflecting rising covid cases.
Some linked to closures & tbb thinks overriding end of life > debt recovery.
Double the shootings but near no media run this...Election or something?

We also have bullet proof senior students attending Covid Parties.
We see increased douchebag end game rise before us, but it's absent of youth.

Does it signal that all powerful world threat - dethrones US jock hierarchy.
Soon enough News will ponder what triggers this welcome weird Amnesty

Overarching Crisis disarms Teen Shooter's claim to fame = (Zero Media Stunt)
The Nation + World has enough mass death...way too much to front page other.
Sorry kid! Wasn't watching! Not running hard luck story today! Go sue the UN.

1.5-2m Social Distancing devastates teen lifestyle much more so than adults
Also near impossible to police, any can see playgrounds are not really any different.

There would be restraints around formal classes / sport...
Denies Jocks their wingmen to rope in a cheer squad.
Wot! Cheer Squad ?
Prom Queen is short on hair stylists & seamstresses.
Without sport contests Jocks lose power base & party tricks
Deprives Bullies to gang attack the nerds

Negates peer pressure
Cramming is now #1 Powerplay
Desk nerds rise to the top to boss the Jocks.
Jocks can't encroach nerd's 1.8m force shield
Isolated Goth Chicks & Geeks gross out Yearbooks.

Bullies ain't stupid, they can & do improvise!
Jocks have super powers to cough over Geeks.
40% increase in online Oz Bullies
Online Bullying has less official daggy dad moderators. (Just Man Up princess!)
Grade 9 are now most bullied at Home & School (Double the Pain!) Suck it Up!
Jocks know the Covid Hot Spots & amplify torture & time their strikes out of view.
Buses / School perimeters are still Jocks Domain.
Whole School claim evil Chinese kid sneezed Covid germs all over them
Schools now limit Chinese Students to minimum class time! (Sorry kid...sue them!)
https://theconversation.com/coronavirus-fears-can-trigger-anti-chinese-p...

Pause!
Oz has highest bullying Rates in the world across the board.
https://www.smh.com.au/education/abused-and-intimidated-australia-a-worl...

Home Schooling...
Nothing is that perfect...reports of DV abuse & learned Racist taunts are rising.
What we know is 10-14 year olds are copping it + brainwashed to hate > 'Them'.
A new breed of even more powerless victims, even less able to recover.
Teacher Quote: 'Only takes one event to change a life!' (Life long Mega event)
This quote was geared to Seniors loosing career options by the minute.
Timed with Half the nation wanting their scummy last choice job!
Where this ends won't be tracked...Home school bullying is not yet on the radar.
...just saying...it seems much more poisonous but in most part left unchecked.

tbb throws in a wobbly...perhaps when US is under threat, the kidz rise above.
They see adults fighting & losing the plot & know they must pick up the pieces.
Go back to pre covid & kids called the shots over school shootings & Extinction.
Is it possible the kids are rewriting the rules to teach us a lesson!

Rare UK School Covid survey touches on Bullying
https://www.ucl.ac.uk/jill-dando-institute/sites/jill-dando-institute/fi...

PS: Qldurr tbb is under obligation...
Goldie Schoolies "Free accessible Hub" runs (Strictly) 21st - 27th Nov 2020
https://www.saferschoolies.qld.gov.au/faqs/covid-19

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 8:24pm

Hey what would the experts know?

Im sure Swellnet posters know better than the experts like police and state health experts.

Obviously it's also about the precedent it sets, if you allow one group to protest, you have to allow every other group which increase the risk.

Reality it's a high risk activity that is not needed at this time.

As for what happened in Victoria

Even NSW Police Commissioner Mick Fuller said last week.

"Relying on some pretty good intelligence from Victoria, we know how dangerous these protests can be, in terms of health,"

You can be pretty certain there is a lot we dont know.

BTW. The Gibson guy he is a serial protest organiser (from what ive reef been arrested at least 9 times now) and heavily involved in socialist groups, basically a complete pest to society.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Tuesday, 28 Jul 2020 at 8:28pm

"You can be pretty certain there is a lot we dont know."
Yep! Pretty certain there is a lot you don't know.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 8:43am

NRL 18 x 10,000 = 180,000 / return weeks packed in, sharing the Sauce Bottle.
+ Scomo would like to present the NRL $1000,000,000 beer money, please accept!

Schoolies 160,000 x 2 weeks every Regional City Oz Wide (Grope'n'Pash fest)
Premiers turn a blind eye & release the red frogs.

NSW Top Cop Hillsong Gig 47,000 x 2 weeks (All Hold Hands but no Masks)
Scomo throws keys to Australia + $1000,000,000 into Coronaconference bowl.
https://d1xpblio32ctey.cloudfront.net/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/0111074...

[BLM] 4,000 / 5mins Banned, Pepper Sprayed, Bashed, Fined & jailed for 6 months.
We can bill you $3,000 & give you 2 weeks to think about it...this month's special.

Yes! We can all see the problem,

Adorn a crucifix & hug a footy then pray to Oz President Brian to make you white!

Wot? Oh yeah ! You'll need a crowd of least 47,000 believers to rise up yer 1st wave
https://www.newcastleherald.com.au/story/6677071/how-hunter-churches-hav...
Hillsong's PM, Alex & Plod will show ya how to rub 2 cruise ships together!
That'll stoke yer virus real fast ...spread it all over the land & out to sea in no time.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscribe/news/1/?sourceCode=DTWEB_WRE...

PS: Bronnie will wade in with a Victorian Kero Bath Baptism...for yer 2nd Wave.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 8:14am

Indo Dreaming, you accept the medical opinion of the NSW top cop (because it allows you to attack BLM protestors), while dismissing the medical advice of Victoria's top pandemic expert (because it doesn't suit your ideology).
Mate if that doesn't sum up the stupidity of conservatives nothing does.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 8:31am

Vic Local

Id be against any protest at this time no matter the subject matter, while you were against 5G protestors right to protest but support BLM right to protest.

This highlights your clear double standard typical of the left.

As for stupidity nothing highlights the stupidity of the left more than 10K people out on the streets of Melbourne a few weeks ago in the middle of a pandemic of a super contagious disease.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 9:02am
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 10:38am

Out in the fresh open air, wearing masks, distanced by mega placards is standard.

Groping in scrums, holding hands in mass, pashing in elevators is deadly SD.
Yet Pollies throw $billions at these turgid Corona Petri Dishes then shower in it.

A seeing eye dog can smell the stench.

Only [ BLM ] advances peace & tolerance & Police warn they won't tolerate peace.

We gotta stick to Scomo's orchestrated oozing viral vile Pandemic spread...
Smoko's 10x larger fetish of violent, meaningless, divisive orgies pass the pub test.

Govt #1 paid up media scrum won't bite the hand that feeds it..( Look away & run! )

Conservative world of Corruption,Lies,Chaos,Hate,Division xx#//[ Breathe ]\\#xx

[Disclaimer]
tbb has a cop brother + Donates seasonally to Police & Hospital + gifts Lib Pollies.
tbb respects police, Health units, politics but not Televangelists Overlording our nation.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 10:20am

Anyone watch Foreign Correspondent last night? Holy shit the U.S is in a world of shit right now, even by 2020 standards! I have relatives in Michigan on my mums side and they’re all lunatic Trump supporters like those featured in the story.....
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-28/us-election-donald-trump-deep-div...

https://www.abc.net.au/foreign/life-and-liberty/12500788

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 29 Jul 2020 at 10:28am

Couldn't bring myself to watch it, YS.

Spoke to a US surfer recently, a staunch Trumpian, and strangely enough he's going to leave the US if Trump gets back in. It's hard to fathom that rationale but not surprising in the current context of craziness.