COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:56pm
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:03pm

Thanks BB. I stand corrected!! Don't remember these at all. Was in Fiji 2017/18 so missed a good season or so there.

Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:08pm

Hi Aaron - I'm of a similar vintage and, like you, have no clear recollection of any top AFL/VFL player going down with heart issues...I do recall Fred Cook, a VFA legend, suffering a heart attack during a game...and here's two AFL players who had troubles that I was unaware of - https://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-09-11/heart-conditions-in-athletes-to-b...
There's reference to Emma Carney's experience in this article (circa 2008) - gives me pause for thought...perhaps the level that is required to achieve success is placing too much stress upon some athletes - maybe this is another factor ? Contracting covid and having an adverse reaction to a vaccination in this sort of environment also seems possible to be a tipping point with the body/heart under extreme amounts of stress...

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:10pm

UK SPORT:

There have been a number of other worrying incidents across Europe involving players this season.

Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof wore a heart monitor for two days after he went off against Norwich clutching his chest.

There were similar incidents this month involving Napoli midfielder Piotr Zielinski and Martin Terrier of Rennes, while Partizan Belgrade player Ricardo Gomes collapsed in training.

In November, Wigan manager Leam Richardson had to give CPR to striker Charlie Wyke after he went into cardiac arrest in training and just days later Sheffield United's John Fleck was carried off in a game at Reading.

Manchester United defender Victor Lindelof (second right) went off against Norwich on with breathing problems and since trained with a heart monitor

Napoli's Piotr Zielinski asked to come off after gesturing that he was struggling to breathe

Adama Traore of Sheriff Tiraspol was at the centre of another scare during a Champions League tie against Real Madrid and Emil Palsson technically died for four minutes during a Norwegian Second Division game between Sogndal and Stjordals-Blink amid scenes reminiscent of Eriksen's collapse.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:34pm

https://www.news.com.au/sport/basketball/nbl-star-ben-madgen-diagnosed-w...

Etc.

There are a lot more such stories, and the jury is out.

As we agree, time will.

One final one.

https://omny.fm/shows/fiveaa-sports-show-with-rowey-bicks/crows-top-up-p...

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:23pm

Here is a pretty good summary of everything from the last year:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aXFajgYnqgpxc12yrvlY3DiBxJzpwTZuhXQF...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:26pm

Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:33pm

"Was in Fiji 2017/18 so missed a good season or so there....."
Mate, was only a Tigers then Weagles flag in those seasons you missed so no big deal - 2021 however......I can die a happy man having thought it was never gonna happen.....

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:37pm

Anyone else notice how the anti-vax / covid isn't a problem cult get more and more extreme when their entire argument is crumbling before their eyes?
We are watching the health system collapse in parts of Australia under thousands upon thousands of new covid cases, and the trends are looking terrible. What do the cultists do? They grab hold of ridiculous stats like hospital admissions and bizarre speculations such as football players heart problems to create doubt.
Watching you fucking idiots explains why the Hillsong Church grew so quickly. There's plenty of profoundly stupid people out there willing to believe anything. There's also a bunch of profoundly shit cunts happy to encourage, and profit from, the morons.
And the crazy thing is, you fools think doctors and the vast majority of medical professionals are somehow in on some grand conspiracy and you lot know better.
FFS, You muppets have been played like a fiddle, and you're too fucking stupid to realise what's going on.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:38pm

Anyone with the vaguest interest in sport science would know that problems of this kind occur in high intensity sport. If you have evidence if an increased rate in the vaccinated post it otherwise you are just speculating.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:44pm
Vic Local wrote:

Anyone else notice how the anti-vax / covid isn't a problem cult get more and more extreme when their entire argument is crumbling before their eyes?
We are watching the health system collapse in parts of Australia under thousands upon thousands of new covid cases, and the trends are looking terrible. What do the cultists do? They grab hold of ridiculous stats like hospital admissions and bizarre speculations such as football players heart problems to create doubt.
Watching you fucking idiots explains why the Hillsong Church grew so quickly. There's plenty of profoundly stupid people out there willing to believe anything. There's also a bunch of profoundly shit cunts happy to encourage, and profit from, the morons.
And the crazy thing is, you fools think doctors and the vast majority of medical professionals are somehow in on some grand conspiracy and you lot know better.
FFS, You muppets have been played like a fiddle, and you're too fucking stupid to realise what's going on.

VicLocal, could you wipe the spittle from your mouth and provide me with the number of deaths from vaccines in Australia last year please. Cheers.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:47pm
Mike H Cross wrote:

"Was in Fiji 2017/18 so missed a good season or so there....."
Mate, was only a Tigers then Weagles flag in those seasons you missed so no big deal - 2021 however......I can die a happy man having thought it was never gonna happen.....

As a former SA lad, not being in Australia when the Crows went down was a very good thing!!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:48pm
bluediamond wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

VicLocal, could you wipe the spittle from your mouth and provide me with the number of deaths from vaccines in Australia last year please. Cheers.

You tell us the figure champ and it will either be complete bullshit or pale into insignificance compared to the number of lives saved by the vaccine.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:50pm
brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:51pm

went and had a booster shot today in Geelong...walked in hoping I could get one , as the Government online booking centre was saying no Moderna till Feb, earliest for Pfizer was 14 Jan...2 hour wait as there were a lot of other people lined up for about 30m...
When I got there a Health worker came out and explained that normally they had 36 workers now only 20....and their computers had crashed 3 times in the morning...so please be patient.
People were complaining about a 2 hr wait even though they didn't book.......get in there have a choice of AZ ( were not on the website ) Moderna or Pfizer....go figure?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:52pm
Vic Local wrote:

The good old reverse.

Your argument has crumbled vic, look at the infection rates, look at the vaccination rates. Doesn’t take a rocket scientist to see you’ve been conned.

Governments had 2 years to prepare for this yet they built covid jails and sacked health care workers and didn’t order any tests until their mates could make money from it.

Now we still have premiers telling us to get vaccinated to protect others. What a fucking joke.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:54pm
Vic Local wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

You tell us the figure champ and it will either be complete bullshit or pale into insignificance compared to the number of lives saved by the vaccine.

So you're unwilling to provide the numbers of vaccination deaths or you don't know the answer? Is this a debate or a shut down VL? Ranting and raving again but not engaging as per usual. You got those numbers please? Then we can debate your figures against mine and move forward from there. Cheers.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:54pm

I notice VL always comes on here all fired up straight after the 6 oclock news! ha!!

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 6:58pm
udo wrote:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CWo9kTCv46w/

Not sure if I still have my one from South America must have a look... BTW nice hand grenade Haha.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:05pm

Yeh udo, I had one of them. Also have a smallpox scar on my arm.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:09pm

According to this bloke, there's been 9 deaths associated with the vaccine in Australia.
https://www1.racgp.org.au/newsgp/clinical/two-more-astrazeneca-linked-de...
In Vic 90% of ICU covid admissions are unvaxxed fucking morons. Only a complete idiot can't see that vaccines have saved a shit load more lives than they've taken. Also the side effects of the vaccines are very well known, very rare, and easily treated. Anyone who has died from the vaccine has received very poor after jab care or none at all.
But why would stats make any difference to the cult members? You flogs watched as covid took over 5 million lives and still claim it's just a bit of a cold.
If you flogs had any brains what so ever you'd be embarrassed at the absolute shit you've posted over the last two years.

Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:13pm

Also had the yellow card for 70's adventures.......here's a latter day Phillipines version with covid vax cited

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Certificate_of_Vaccination_o...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:14pm

Without being all shouty mr shouty, what are your thoughts on a very basic statistic from the TGA reporting 700 deaths related to the vaccine? And i understand there's variables related to those numbers, same as there are to covid deaths.
It's a government website, not me making it up.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:17pm

Vic healthcare workers are having their leave cancelled and called back to work. Poor sods.
NSW next probably.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:18pm

Interesting read

"When will Australia reach the peak of Omicron cases?

Experts hope the number of Omicron variant cases in Australia will peak in the coming weeks as overseas data shows new infections are decreasing.

New data from South Africa has sparked hope the fourth wave of COVID-19 may soon be over after the country recorded a rapid decline in cases.

The latest numbers show South African cases have dropped by 30 per cent in the last week to fewer than 11,500 cases a day.

The nation recorded more than 37,000 infections at the height of the outbreak in early December.
South African health authorities now believe they may have passed the peak of the Omicron outbreak.
Australia to reach peak in one to three weeks.

Australia reached a record high of COVID-19 cases today, reporting 47,738 infections nationwide.
"Those significant case numbers, they do continue to rise. They are large numbers that we've never before seen in Australia," Deputy Chief Medical Officer Dr Sonya Bennett said.
"I think at this point, we all know somebody who's either got COVID or we've got co-workers off work."

Hospital cases around the country are at 362, with the number of people in ICU at 194.
Infectious diseases expert Professor Robert Booy said Australia is not far off seeing the peak of Omicron variant infections.
"We'll see a peak in Australia within weeks during January in different parts of Australia. Sydney will probably peak first then Melbourne and then other parts of Australia will follow soon after," he said.

It's understood hospitalisations usually peak a week later than the height of case numbers.
Omicron has become the dominant strain of COVID-19 in Australia, however, there are still many cases of Delta still in the country, largely in New South Wales and Victoria.
UK Omicron wave may soon decline

Meanwhile, the South African data has prompted speculation that the UK may soon be heading down a similar path where COVID-19 cases begin to decline.

UK health authorities have predicted their peak in hospital admissions will be this week or next week.
Daily cases in the UK are however continuing to climb, currently sitting at 162,572.
Authorities said they are starting to see some stabilisation of hospital numbers in London.
US continues to see a surge of Omicron variant infections
The US is continuing to record a surge in COVID-19 cases and the country is now averaging 400,000 new infections each day.
More than 103,000 people are currently hospitalised with the virus in the US, the first time the total has reached six figures in nearly four months."

https://www.9news.com.au/national/coronavirus-australia-update-when-will...

Amazing how these waves find a natural peak and don't completely run through the whole population in one go.

It's all part of the process

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:21pm
bluediamond wrote:

Without being all shouty mr shouty, what are your thoughts on a very basic statistic from the TGA reporting 700 deaths related to the vaccine? And i understand there's variables related to those numbers, same as there are to covid deaths.
It's a government website, not me making it up.

Got a link?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:24pm

TGA website VL> Not hard to find. If you can settle down and follow the prompts, you'll find it. Typical tricky government won't allow a link to be shared, only to their home page....this is it.
https://apps.tga.gov.au/Prod/daen/daen-entry.aspx
type in Covid in the box,
Select date range...i did march 2021 to December 19 2021. Make sure you put the end date in otherwise it automatically just does one day.
tick the 4 boxes for covid vaxes.
Surprised you're not across this VL considering the number of times it's been brought up on here and the number of times you've dismissed it!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:34pm

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD
What a fucking humiliation. Christ you are embarrassing.
And you reckon all those adverse effect reports coming into the TGA might not have been compromised by the batshit crazy anti-vax mob? 3154 people have reported "malaise" after getting the jab. Who the fuck would do that? Not fucking sane people. Fucking sooks would though.
Do you seriously think 700 + people have died from the Vaccine? Fuck me, that's one hell of a cover up. I suppose the doctors are all in on silencing the reason for all these people dying.
Just stop it BD. You're just embarrassing yourself now.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:46pm

How many times have we been through this? The REPORT of an adverse effect does not mean that it was caused by the medication. Any deaths in the period after vaccination are likely to be reported. So after, what is it now, 25 million vaccinations? 700 people died within a couple of weeks.......a normal mortality rate. Mate either you are completely ignorant of the basic issues around covid or you are some sort of toxic (and pathetic) shit stirrer.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:47pm
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD
And you reckon all those adverse effect reports coming into the TGA might not have been compromised by the batshit crazy anti-vax mob? 3154 people have reported "malaise" after getting the jab. Who the fuck would do that? Not fucking sane people. Fucking sooks would though.
Do you seriously think 700 + people have died from the Vaccine? Fuck me, that's one hell of a cover up. I suppose the doctors are all in on silencing the reason for all these people dying.

Dr’s and Nurses are not allowed to report them or will lose their jobs and license to practise.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:49pm
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD

Wow you and roadkill are seriously dangerous unstable humans.
90% unvaxxed in ICU? Where is this pulled from? Last time you said the same rubbish shared a link that was 6 months old,

You’ve gone very quiet on the experts repeatedly claiming that the vax stops transmission and get jabbed to protect the vulnerable. Let’s hear more on this

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:50pm
blindboy wrote:

How many times have we been through this? The REPORT of an adverse effect does not mean that it was caused by the medication. Any deaths in the period after vaccination are likely to be reported. So after, what is it now, 25 million vaccinations? 700 people died within a couple of weeks.......a normal mortality rate. Mate either you are completely ignorant of the basic issues around covid or you are some sort of toxic (and pathetic) shit stirrer.

Just like those dying from Covid with other issues

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:50pm

Type in any random three digit number then cases .eg 657 cases. Minimum chips with the lot!!!! I was given this privy info as some sort of golden ticket into what's really going on by some antivaxx no it all . heehaw

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:54pm
burleigh wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD

Wow you and roadkill are seriously dangerous unstable humans.
90% unvaxxed in ICU? Where is this pulled from? Last time you said the same rubbish shared a link that was 6 months old,

You’ve gone very quiet on the experts repeatedly claiming that the vax stops transmission and get jabbed to protect the vulnerable. Let’s hear more on this

VIC local has been a sandwich short of a picnic ever since Covid started lol, riding his pushy around spying on surfers suppose to be in lockdown, creepy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 7:57pm
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD

BD is a special kind of gentleman……if it sounds factual, that’s enough for him. Sucks up that fake corrupted data..hook, line and sinker.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:01pm
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD

BD is a special kind of gentleman……if it sounds factual, that’s enough for him. Sucks up that fake corrupted data..hook, line and sinker.

Hey RK, tell your mate VicMoron about your cafe theory. Let’s see if he agrees

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:01pm

Hey burleigh you complete and utter anti-vax nutter. Here's a more recent link about the overrepresentation of unvaccinated or partially vaccinated covid patients in ICU

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-11/victoria-covid-hospitalisation-ic...

I like this quote from ICU specialist Professor Cooper.

""Ninety-four per cent of intensive care patients with COVID are not double vaxxed," Professor Cooper said."

burleigh, you're just another anti-vax bullshit artist with zero credibility.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:04pm

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/myocarditis/symptoms-caus...

Right. So is a known side effect of Pfizer . OK.

Is it feasible that some sportsmen maybe get a case and don't realise until extreme training or competition?

Fair question?

Sorry Mike, the kids are back.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:08pm
Vic Local wrote:

Hey burleigh you complete and utter anti-vax nutter. Here's a more recent link about the overrepresentation of unvaccinated or partially vaccinated covid patients in ICU

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-12-11/victoria-covid-hospitalisation-ic...

I like this quote from ICU specialist Professor Cooper.

""Ninety-four per cent of intensive care patients with COVID are not double vaxxed," Professor Cooper said."

burleigh, you're just another anti-vax bullshit artist with zero credibility.

Then follows it up with "Protect yourself, the people you love and the community,"

Hahahahahagagag

Any expert that keeps saying that is a con

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:14pm

OK champ,
I gave you the opinion of a professor who is an ICU specialist, but you (a fucking nobody who thinks vaccines don't work) knows better than the guy who's studied this shit all his adult life.
Fuck off Burleigh. get in the bin.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:17pm
Vic Local wrote:

Haaaaaaa Haaaaaaa BD

It's getting harder and harder to communicate with you.
Here, this is YOUR trusted news source reporting 79,000...via the government

I was mocked and ridiculed when i posted the links to this website in September for exactly what you wrote, but it turns out, even the government is in agreement with me.
So if there's 700 cases of death reported on there.....will the government come clean on them too??
Thoughts VL> This isn't a popularity contest or trying to out do someone. I'm genuinely concerned about what these vaccines are doing to people.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:18pm

sorry for delayed reply
My mates coaching one of the Aussie players in the Adelaide international at the moment. I don't normally watch much tennis but gotta get behind my mate!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:21pm
blindboy wrote:

So professor Blindboy, how does these figures stack up against the over reporting of hospitalisations and possibly deaths? Or is that a completely different argument.
A fair point is raised above. How many is too many.
Another good point raised in that podcast that neither of you have listened to.....The Germans justified wiping out the Jews for the greater good. How many is too many?? And why shut the conversation down with lots of shouting and name calling? Just trying to move it forward, not backwards.

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 8:22pm

WeeType in any random three digit number then cases .eg 657 cases. Minimum chips with the lot!!!! I was given this privy info as some sort of golden ticket into what's really going on by some antivaxx no it all . heehaw