COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh, if my mother catches covid in a cafe from a fully vaxxed customer and dies, so be it, no one is responsible. If my mother catches covid in a cafe from a non vaxxed asshole customer and dies, that unvaxed asshole customer is 100% responsible for my mothers death.

Wow, this is next level crazy shit RK. You need help mate

Agreed. This is seriously fucked up. I'm trying to understand the logic in this statement.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

burleigh, if my mother catches covid in a cafe from a fully vaxxed customer and dies, so be it, no one is responsible. If my mother catches covid in a cafe from a non vaxxed asshole customer and dies, that unvaxed asshole customer is 100% responsible for my mothers death.

Why is that? What don't you understand?

You’re too far gone to waste anymore time on. All I can do is feel sorry for you RK.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 1:57pm
burleigh][quote=Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

You’re too far gone to waste anymore time on. All I can do is feel sorry for you RK.[/quote

That doesn't answer the question. It avoids it...but, you always avoid answering.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:02pm
Robo wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

lol, what about if they've only had 2 shots, unvaxed without booster.

At least someone who has had 2 shots has taken the steps available to them to help mitigate the risks. As opposed to the selfish unvaccinated person who hasn't been bothered to make the meager effort required on their behalf to minimise the risks to the community at large and especially to the many people who are more susceptible to severe disease.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:04pm
bluediamond wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Agreed. This is seriously fucked up. I'm trying to understand the logic in this statement.

No surprise, you don't get it.

It's that little thing called, negligence.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:05pm
JQ wrote:
Robo wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

At least someone who has had 2 shots has taken the steps available to them to help mitigate the risks. As opposed to the selfish unvaccinated person who hasn't been bothered to make the meager effort required on their behalf to minimise the risks to the community at large and especially to the many people who are more susceptible to severe disease.

Ok one more time…. Being vaccinated DOES NOT STOP the spread of the virus.

Look around you, look at NSW with 95% double jabbed, look at Vic.

How on earth can anyone still believe the lies that it does is beyond me.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Bloody hell RK, you're cooked.

You're getting the same virus, COVID-19, whether they are vaxed or not. The person at greatest risk is the un-vaxed person. Not your Mum (if she is vaxed) or the other vaxed person.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

No Roadkill. I don't get it. Please walk me through your logic and how you arrived at the point of negligence??

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:12pm
burleigh wrote:
JQ wrote:
Robo wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Did I say it stops the spread of the virus? Doesn't look like I did. Nice strawmanning though.

Even if we accept your opinion that it doesn't stop the spread of virus, it does reduce the chance of serious disease. By reducing the frequency of serious disease we reduce the load on the hospital system, in turn allowing the resources to be available to those who really need them - the elderly and chronically ill. Thus, even if we put aside efficacy of preventing spread, being vaccinated helps to protect the community at large and especially the more vulnerable portions of our society.

How on earth people can't comprehend this fairly simple concept is beyond me.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:14pm
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:15pm

PM & whole Frontline & most likely all here were dosed by unvaccinated people...That's a fact!
Vaccinated kindly saluted Unvaxed frontline for protecting them against Unvaxed Frontline...OMG!

Should we bully the Frontline vaccinators for hesitating to vax, to prioritize vaxing the Bully VIP Phase
Why did Vic / NSW wait until Rollout was all but done before mandating vaxed Hospital immunisers.
Not one Aussie raised this issue in whole Rollout! Why! Coz it's not an issue to any sane person.

VIP's then bit the hand that Jabbed them. Now VIP's are Godz & couldn't be happier with their trophy!

But guess wot? Many of these Godz will be boosted by unvaxed & still wouldn't know shit about it!

just saying...how did we timeslip back to Howard's 1950's...please not this again!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:16pm
JQ wrote:
burleigh wrote:
JQ wrote:
Robo wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Did I say it stops the spread of the virus? Doesn't look like I did. Nice strawmanning though.

Even if we accept your opinion that it doesn't stop the spread of virus, it does reduce the chance of serious disease. By reducing the frequency of serious disease we reduce the load on the hospital system, in turn allowing the resources to be available to those who really need them - the elderly and chronically ill. Thus, even if we put aside efficacy of preventing spread, being vaccinated helps to protect the community at large and especially the more vulnerable portions of our society.

Lol

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:19pm
JQ wrote:
burleigh wrote:
JQ wrote:
Robo wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Your just quoting that from the so called health professional politicians, and vax promoters lining their own pockets, do your own research.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:21pm

Don't you mean 'resurch' Robo?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:24pm

If you post links from the lancet they come up blank , I’ve mentioned this on 2 other occasions, I found out originally by posting one of their links , don’t know why this is but your wasting your time.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:28pm

I'm guessing most AFL players had only had their first or no jab during last years season. Now as their pre season ramps up and they head into playing mode in the next few months, along with their second (plus booster!) jab, i hate to say it, but i imagine we're going to see an increase of these guys and girls suffering from heart inflammation. In Europe a large amount of football players have suffered from it after their two jabs, in a highly cardio intensive sport. Nobody has seen the effects it's gonna have on probably THE most highly intensive cardio sport aside from surfing and fighting. Will be interesting to watch this space. I sincerely hope they don't start falling like flies because they were forced to get it to keep their jobs.
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/crows-director-quits-in-protest-over...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:35pm

Another turd on your ever increasing pile of shit bd. A bad case of the runs today!
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.news.com.au/sport/football/vaccine-theo...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:36pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

No Roadkill. I don't get it. Please walk me through your logic and how you arrived at the point of negligence??

BD, do you understand what negligence is?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:38pm

Roadkill, i'd imagine forcing an untrialled Mrna vaccine onto a population, that results in a vaccinated person passing on a virus to another vaccinated person, which then results in death, whilst at the same time thousands upon thousands of people with no covid are getting severely ill and also dying from the said vaccine, would fall somewhere into the category of negligence. But i don't expect you to agree with me on this.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:50pm
blindboy wrote:

Another turd on your ever increasing pile of shit bd. A bad case of the runs today!

scraping the barrel now, news.com.au click bait

guess you get your news from Nine and 2GB too, the covid scaremongers and jab pushers.

give it 6 months they will have to have the booster booster to be fully vaxed

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:43pm
blindboy wrote:

Ahhh nothing like a news.com.au article to really prove your point. Haha you and RoadKill really are in fine form today. Where is VicMoron to make it a trifecta of fruit loops

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:45pm

I know a couple with covid, hubby is jabbed wife is not, he is sick she's not, great vaccine.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:45pm
bluediamond wrote:

Roadkill, i'd imagine forcing an untrialled Mrna vaccine onto a population, that results in a vaccinated person passing on a virus to another vaccinated person, which then results in death, whilst at the same time thousands upon thousands of people with no covid are getting severely ill and also dying from the said vaccine, would fall somewhere into the category of negligence. But i don't expect you to agree with me on this.

do you understand what negligence is?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:49pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Tell us again about how if your mum catches covid from someone unvaccinated and she dies that they are responsible for her death but if she catches it from someone vaccinated and she died that they are not.

Please break it down for us to understand your logic keeping in mind you already know that the vaccine does not stop the spread.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:50pm
Robo wrote:

I know a couple with covid, hubby is jabbed wife is not, he is sick she's not, great vaccine.

My god, well that definitively proves it! How could we have all been so silly.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 2:54pm
JQ wrote:
Robo wrote:

My god, well that definitively proves it! How could we have all been so silly.

proves you are

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:03pm

61-DDAAF7-21-D5-4721-8-E41-1616-C1-F41-AB2

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:05pm
blindboy wrote:

Who is DR Robert Malone?? A very quick google search reveals some of his papers.... if you listen to Rogans podcast he lists each of his very impressive credentials.
https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=Jf1bApYAAAAJ&hl=en
Who is Blindboy? A retired science teacher (alledgedly) that takes every opportunity to discredit (with venom) (and news.com articles) anyone that dares question the science and the adverse reactions of covid vaccines.
btw what was it you said about tabloid journalism this morning and how no one actually believes that stuff. Crikey!!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:07pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Roady, let the adults talk mate.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:10pm

At least Malone is in good company for others that blindboy has debunked like Professors Borody and Clancy along with the FLCCC doctors who actually treat covid patients .

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:18pm

Just gonna do some quick basic maths, with a few assumptions but just my own quick calculations.
So yesterday Supafreak posted a news item which showed the government has admitted to there being at least 70,000 jabbed that have had adverse effects to the jab. The TGA website says 90,000 plus, (btw that's only gone up by 40,000 in 3 months...) but lets stick to the government for arguments sake.
The TGA website also lists there being 718 deaths since March this year possibly(!) resulting from the vaccine.
In the same period it's stated that roughly 1000 people in Australia have died from Covid. But yesterday we learned that the hospital numbers for covid have been grossly exaggerated, at least by half, so one must assume that the deaths also fall into that category correct? So lets say 500. Tragic, no less.
So if my maths serves me correct, and i'm shit at maths, and assumptions are always bad, but going by these figures, there's been more deaths since March last year from the vaccine than there has been from Covid.
Negligence would be me ignoring that fact and letting my loved ones get that shit put into them.
Anyway, feel free to rip into my maths and assumptions. I know they're very simplified....but there's gotta be some truth to those numbers, don't ya think??

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm

Professor Borody is this superbug era episode presented by Norman Swan , he’s at about the 40 minute mark, this guy definitely thinks outside the box . Yet his combination therapy for covid back in August 2020 was not even considered worth investigating , the alternative was the elderly were locked in their rooms until so sick they were transferred to hospital and died . And some accused Borody of trying to get rich of a patent he put on his therapy even though he freely shared his protocol around the world. All the previous ABC shows on his accomplishments and lifestyle had no bearing on the hit job that low life reporting tried to smear him with . Watching Invisible Wars Series 1 Episode 3 The Superbug Era in iview https://iview.abc.net.au/video/DO1956H003S00

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:29pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Roady, let the adults talk mate.

2 others words, BD.
Responsibility and culpability. When you learn what negligence means, learn these 2 also.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 3:35pm
bluediamond wrote:

Just gonna do some quick basic maths, with a few assumptions but just my own quick calculations.
So yesterday Supafreak posted a news item which showed the government has admitted to there being at least 70,000 jabbed that have had adverse effects to the jab. The TGA website says 90,000 plus, (btw that's only gone up by 40,000 in 3 months...) but lets stick to the government for arguments sake.
The TGA website also lists there being 718 deaths since March this year possibly(!) resulting from the vaccine.
In the same period it's stated that roughly 1000 people in Australia have died from Covid. But yesterday we learned that the hospital numbers for covid have been grossly exaggerated, at least by half, so one must assume that the deaths also fall into that category correct? So lets say 500. Tragic, no less.
So if my maths serves me correct, and i'm shit at maths, and assumptions are always bad, but going by these figures, there's been more deaths since March last year from the vaccine than there has been from Covid.
Negligence would be me ignoring that fact and letting my loved ones get that shit put into them.
Anyway, feel free to rip into my maths and assumptions. I know they're very simplified....but there's gotta be some truth to those numbers, don't ya think??

Yes, and to put into perspective there has only been 59 deaths in Australia from all vaccines since the early 70's till covid vax.

soggydog's picture
soggydog's picture
soggydog Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 4:18pm
Roadkill wrote:
soggydog wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
soggydog wrote:

Blind boy…..what if you’re on the wrong side of the debate.
The current available vaccines are being revealed as ineffective and possibly harmful. And the health care staffing crisis appears to be government policy/funding driven not Covid driven. That’s how I interpret the article you posted.

I’d like to know what you think, there’s been some pretty good supporting information posted yet you don’t seem to bend at all.

Edit: and if you’re are really worried why aren’t you outraged that early home treatment preventing hospitalisation has been taken off the table or not promoted?

Can you post the link that shows "The current available vaccines are being revealed as ineffective and possibly harmful" ?

I’m pretty sure that links to two interviews with Doctors Malone ep#1757 and McCollough ep#1747 Also John Abramson ep#1756on the Joe Rogan Show have been posted. All highly credible regardless of what people think of Joe Rogan. Listen to them and make up your own mind. I just thought there where/ are a few things worth discussing that could be a little more constructive than the current bitch fight.
I’m too busy to put any more time into this.

That's anecdotal evidence, it means nothing.

"I’m too busy to put any more time into this" = I can't post anything to back up my claims, that I made after listening to a Joe Rogan podcast.

Like I said, have a listen first.
And yes I am too busy to first work out how to link stuff on here and post what I’ve read, listened to after listening to all the same bullshit the likes the government and msm is feeding people when you could do that yourself . Im doing stuff, building a deck, hanging with the family not belting around a useless forum talking/arguing about who’s info is more legitimate.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 4:13pm
Roadkill wrote:

Fuck me.

Another deranged weirdo cunt.

Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 4:14pm

I'm guessing most AFL players had only had their first or no jab during last years season. Now as their pre season ramps up and they head into playing mode in the next few months, along with their second (plus booster!) jab, i hate to say it, but i imagine we're going to see an increase of these guys and girls suffering from heart inflammation. In Europe a large amount of football players have suffered from it after their two jabs,..."
Respectfully, I realise there has been some previous debate in this forum regarding COVID-19 vaccines being linked to an increase in sportspeople collapsing or dying due to heart issues such as myocarditis. Have been keeping a close eye on this due to association with a number of dedicated athletes via the most authoritative sources I could access. As of November 2021 research findings included:
One clip shared on Facebook shows several incidents of football players collapsing on the pitch, strongly suggesting the incidents are related to COVID-19 vaccines.It also includes news headlines about similar cases from around the world of sport, both professional and amateur. The Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), the British regulator for drugs and vaccines, said there is currently no supporting evidence to back up such claims. MHRA chief executive Dr June Raine said: “The MHRA closely monitors the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines, including reports of suspected heart inflammation, myocarditis or pericarditis." FIFA, the world soccer’s governing body, said: “FIFA is not aware of a rise in episodes of cardiac arrests as indicated in some 'reprots' and no cases have been flagged in relation to individuals receiving a COVID vaccine. Generally speaking, FIFA is in regular contact with leading research centres and experts to do research on a variety of medical topics.”
The UK's Cardiac Risk in the Young (CRY) organisation, a British charity that funds medical research and supports families of young people affected by heart conditions, said they were “not aware” of any published or peer-reviewed research into alleged links between sudden cardiac arrests in athletes and COVID-19 vaccines. “It’s important to understand that young sudden cardiac death (in both sportspeople and the general population) is tragically not a new phenomenon,” In 2018, prior to the pandemic, CRY announced the findings of a 10-year study, which concluded sudden cardiac death in elite footballers was more common than initially thought. “Despite screening, cardiac conditions are still the leading cause of death in footballers,” Professor Sanjay Sharma, CRY’s cardiologist and a leading sports cardiologist at St George’s University of London, said at the time (2018).
A comprehensive Reuters fact check on the matter found there to be no current evidence that COVID-19 vaccines are linked to reported incidents of athletes collapsing whilst engaging in sports.
I'm keeping on eye on this as its early days and some research has unearthed anecdotal indicators suggesting a link between myocarditis and the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines – on the other hand there is Israeli research that found the risk of developing heart inflammation could be six times higher in those with COVID-19 itself.
Professor Jeffrey Morris, the director of biostatistics at the University of Pennsylvania, sums up what appears to be the current situation as follows, " “I haven’t seen any data or papers connecting the dots to support this type of assertion, so I’d classify it as a hypothesis driven by anecdotal reports that are definitely worth following up on, but seems way premature to begin spreading the notion that it is the truth that these are driven by vaccination.”
I'd be really interested to read any credible research on this subject any are aware of, regardless of the conclusions reached.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 4:15pm
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

You’ve just stated that the vaccines don’t stop transmission. Fuck bloke….you should be taken off the streets. You’re not all there.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 4:17pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Fuck me.

F30-B2473-9-F0-C-4-DBD-BD62-13-E07-C154-A9-A
crude

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:08pm

bluediamond one potential flaw in your logic is low covid death rates could be due to vaccine effectiveness preventing deaths in vaccinated people exposed to covid?

It could also be due to other measures put in place to stop the spread of covid?

Imagine a scenario in society of perfect vaccine effectiveness and covid measures, which would equate to no covid deaths at all. But then if there were vaccine deaths you could imagine the uproar and backlash against vaccines...even with perfect vaccine effectiveness and covid response!

Would it kind of be more concerning if there was still very large number of covid deaths in society, much larger than vaccine deaths, but with a very highly vaccinated population?

Would it be more accurate to compare:
(i) vaccine death rates
to
(ii) covid death rates in the unvaccinated who were legitimately exposed to covid
to
(iii) covid death rates in the vaccinated who were legitimately exposed to covid?

So you'd really need to do a controlled study with a very large sample size of people that randomly allocates 1/3 of the sample to be vaccinated but not exposed to covid, 1/3 of the sample to be vaccinated but are all exposed to covid, and 1/3 to stay unvaccinated but are also exposed to covid? In each group you'd also have to legitimately isolate and separate deaths due to covid vs deaths due to vaccines vs deaths due to other natural causes vs deaths due to other unnatural causes...etc...

There's also the confounding factor of covid variants.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 4:41pm
Blowin wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Fuck me.

Gotta be the most fucked up thing I’ve read on here and that says a lot with the amount of crap VicLocal posts

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:06pm

You won't see this too often. There are quite a few incidents in the EPL and Euro comps lately.

Time will tell.

https://www.planet-today.com/2021/12/horror-four-young-soccer-stars-from...

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:28pm

Partial list.

Interesting numbers though. 2021 especially.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_association_footballers_who_died...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:18pm

I came across this article yesterday , I’ve got no idea how much truth there is to it . I’m expecting other news media to have some sort of logical explanation . https://www.thecentersquare.com/indiana/indiana-life-insurance-ceo-says-...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:21pm

Cheers for that info Mike.H.Cross. Much appreciated. Yep hopefully it's not related and a good trouble free AFL season ahead!
@GSCO I understand and agree in principle with what your saying.
Something to also consider is how many people have been reported of dying with covid, but it's actually people with covid dying from the vaccine.
You're right, too many variables beyond me and you, but you hit the nail on the head when you said there needs to be a controlled study, with a large sample size over a long period of time. The numbers i pulled out are just that, numbers i pulled out. But even if they're slightly close to the truth, it's crucial that this is the number one topic at the moment and all the resources and science put into it backed by the government. Not the opposite, which seems to be happening, where details on vaccine adverse effects are shady and hard to find, the numbers of lives lost are also relatively unknown, the true long term effects are unknown, and the companies that make these drugs have a long criminal history, and refuse to release (with the support of governments) any information on the scientific method and details of the vaccines developement to the public for at least 55 years.
And it doesn't help you have shouty people on here and everywhere in society unwilling to be open to these questions being asked and followed up on. That's science isn't it? What's wrong with asking the questions? Cheers for your valuable feedback GSCO. Appreciate it also. Good thought provoking stuff.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:26pm

The fix is already in if an excuse becomes necessary.

Dear me.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/health/post-pandemic-stress-disorder-hea...

Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross's picture
Mike H Cross Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:55pm

"You won't see this too often. There are quite a few incidents in the EPL and Euro comps lately.
Time will tell."

Thorough and credible research over time will tell for sure - again, these four deaths reiterates findings reached in the 10 year study undertaken by the UK's Cardiac Risk in the Young that this is not a new phenomena and that cardiac conditions are still the leading cause of death in footballers. For eg re the partial list Aaron has cited is really interesting....season s 2020-21 notes 24 deaths, which include retired players aged 54, 49, 45 and 57 - the 2018-19 seasons have 20 deaths with one player being 46 and the next oldest 38...not too much difference in occurrence for mine and could be seen to demonstrate that there has been consistent numbers over time ( with there likely to be more players, given increased participation rates amongst young people / females ).
Respectfully - am wary of the source and emotive language used in the online sites this info is derived from. e.g. HORROR: Four Young Soccer Stars Die ' and this from The Covid World - "The unprecedented increase in players collapsing recently is leading to much speculation as to whether or not the COVID-19 vaccines are the cause of this terrifying new trend....." Firstly, this is not unprecedented or a new trend and secondly it is purely speculation ...." The social media speculation that Christian Eriksen’s collapse on the pitch was a result of a COVID-19 vaccine is an excellent example of misinformation regarding this matter - social media 'authorities' stated that Eriksen had been dosed with Pfizer 12 days prior to the collapse. The Inter Milan director of football clarified the situation - "He hadn't been vaccinated and he does not have covid."
What he did experience was a heart attack, which occurs not infrequently around the world amongst athletes and sometimes happens in clusters. There may be some correlation with covid vaccine or contracting covid for some cases, just as there may be a number of other contributing factors such as genetic disposition, performance enhancing substance use, recreational substance use and an overload of stress upon the heart due to training regimes.....we just don't know yet and I can't see any benefit in determining that we do know in order to shore up any given narrative. What I wold be interested in is any conclusive findings so that those i know who push it hard can best protect themselves as they do so.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:43pm

I'm trying to think of an elite AFL player having a heart attack on the field over the years (and i've followed it for over 30 years closely) but can't think of any so maybe not as common in that particular sport? Odd as i'd assume AFL is a higher cardio load than soccer.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:49pm

soccer has higher cocaino loado...

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Tuesday, 4 Jan 2022 at 5:53pm

Mike,
I just recalled the headline. It's not really just the tin foil brigade.

Just the first mention on Google. Would you like a link to a more respectable website carrying the story?

Don't shoot the messenger.

As a 60 year old, I cannot recall ever seeing a player collapsed with heart trouble either as player or watcher.

Respected UK ex pro players are being crucified just for expressing concern. (Trevor Sinclair and Matt le Tissier).

Time will tell, but the approved party line is just the other side of the coin and not above having an agenda.