COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 6:34pm

South Africa's health minister has confirmed omicron is the most transmissible coronavirus variant yet but does not appear as severe. The minister, Dr. Joe Phaala, says previous concerns that omicron was hospitalizing more children appear to be unfounded. https://www.voanews.com/a/omicron-more-transmissible-but-seems-less-seve...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 6:36pm

It is a tiny minority trying to impose their will on the vast majority who support government policy. Maybe not fascist but definitely authoritarian. It might surprise some of you but we live in a democracy and as such the government as the right to impose health regulations to protect the population when they have a mandate to do so. As they do now. You are the ones, not only attacking sensible public health measures, but actually undermining the political system that delivers the freedoms you enjoy.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 6:56pm
blindboy wrote:

The evidence from the last wave in the US makes it clear that children are vulnerable to serious disease and, when case numbers rise, as they are likely to do.soon in Australia, the benefits of vaccination for the child far outweighs the risks.
https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s1102-PediatricCOVID-19Vaccine.html

I think you’d better take a closer look at your link if you think it supports your case for injecting 5 year olds with toxins. Perhaps you should expand your reading to the relevant German studies as well.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 7:17pm

I call them Freedumb fighters because these people are morons. They want freedom but by being anti-mask anti-vax, they've undermined the very cause they are fighting for. These twats have been spreading the virus at their rallies and have the bloody nerve to complain about lockdowns. They want freedom without responsibility and they want it on their terms. The vast majority of the population can go fuck themselves according to these clowns.
We have increased freedoms despite these fuckwits, not because of them.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 7:22pm
blindboy wrote:

It is a tiny minority trying to impose their will on the vast majority who support government policy. Maybe not fascist but definitely authoritarian. It might surprise some of you but we live in a democracy and as such the government as the right to impose health regulations to protect the population when they have a mandate to do so. As they do now. You are the ones, not only attacking sensible public health measures, but actually undermining the political system that delivers the freedoms you enjoy.

Im not sure if im reading your comment correctly?

Because it doesn't make any sense to suggest anything the protesters seek is authoritarian in anyway, again it's the complete opposite vaccine mandates are 100% authoritarian though.

Im pro vax and fully vaxed and will get a boaster (to go to Indo) but its irrelevant to me if others are vaccinated or not because im already protected as much as can be and the vaccine isn't all that efficient at preventing transmission.

If you are talking lockdowns without vaccine you might have a point about effect on others health.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 7:43pm

The protestors are attempting to impose the policies of a tiny minority on a majority. Pretty much the definition of authoritarianism, the few imposing their will on the many.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 8:15pm

Interesting that a tiny minority aren't being challenged by a majority on the streets then if assumed majority (masks on of course) are so passionate about imposing their will about getting vaccinated as they are on these forums!!

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 8:19pm

Yeah bunch of morons! I mean how dare they stand up for their rights and those of future generations. They should just comply and be double or triple jabbed by now like the ‘normal’ ones. I mean 7 or 14 day quarantine if someone has a sneeze, I mean it’s the new normal. New strains one after the other.. Its so scary. These ppl are Crazy.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 8:34pm

Sorry shortenism but the reality is that you do not have the right to break laws passed by the legitimate government. The fact that those laws are based on the best medical advice available and actively supported by the vast majority of the population means your point of view is absurd.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 8:59pm

I don’t think these laws you speak of are supported by the vast majority of the population blindboy.

Tell me what you support about this whole campaign? You’ve been jabbed, you still wake up every day scouring the news to see what’s changed and what you can and can’t do? You reckon that’s what the majority of ppl want?

Man, you got some waking up to do. I’d say flip it, it’s a small minority that want that future.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 9:21pm

"I don’t think these laws you speak of are supported by the vast majority of the population blindboy"
That's because you are utterly deluded shortenism.
95% of Australian adults have or will get vaxxed. They've done the right thing by their fellow citizens. I'm tipping the vast majority of the population want laws based on expert medical advice. They don't want politicians to make laws for a pack of anti-vax muppets at the expense of everyone else.
Shortenism, Your problem is, you live in an anti-vaxxer bubble. I've only come across two anti-vaxxers out in the real world. One concrete delivery meathead and a hippie. Everyone else I've come across is happy to wear masks and get vaxxed.
BTW, if these laws were genuinely unpopular, politicians would know that. So far, no govt in Australia has caved in to the mob in the streets. All governments have held the line. Have you worked out why yet shortenism?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:01pm

Nah mate, you’re being scammed on the 95% you speak of.

You were lied to about 2 weeks to flatten the curve, you were lied to about case numbers, you were lied to about only needing two jabs to win back your freedom, you were lied to about Pfizer’s track record, you were censored for raising legitimate alternative strategies to vaccines and you were told openly you are participating in a giant experiment...

Now who is delusional?

Kook-aburra's picture
Kook-aburra's picture
Kook-aburra Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:11pm

I'm with you shortenism. Scam all round. Brave of you for putting yourself out there because people fight real hard to justify their decisions. The majority don't even know that they don't know.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:19pm

39-C9-DE54-B4-DA-43-E1-A936-DA57-FA60-A116

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:22pm

Yes shortenism, we've all been lied to for two years and covid is nothing to worry about but the vaccine is. Doctors were in on it, so too were governments, drug companies, hospitals, universities, and the media. Hang Bill Gates. All those scenes of mass graves being dug in Brazil, India, and Iran were fake and the grieving people were all crisis actors. I can't believe the airlines happily stopped flying for two years over this and never once blew the whistle about this giant scam.
Now where's my tin foil hat.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:28pm
Supafreak wrote:

39-C9-DE54-B4-DA-43-E1-A936-DA57-FA60-A116

Nobody is free under late stage capitalism.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:50pm

Vic Health Sites
https://www.health.vic.gov.au/covid-19/latest-news-and-data-covid-19

Positive Care Pathways Program ( Reveals the Vic Health Covid care breakdown! )
It's not said here, but Oz wide Home Care is only approved for Vaxers ( Default "Measured" Low Risk )
Less so that Patients are Vaxed but more so they're vaxed with Measured doses to set the monitors.
Healthy athletic non vaxerz may be suited buy would need "Personal unmeasured Trial Plans"
Same goes for Naturally double Covid infected...readings would be alarmingly unreliable.
Notably the same arguments dictate international Travel Tests. (All are set to default Vax doses)

Vic Health Vaxed Covid Care Formula (Click Link) Low 70% > Medium 20% > High 10%
https://www.coronavirus.vic.gov.au/covid-positive-pathways
Chart figures shown are based on Current (2 wks) Vic Health Hospital / cases.

70% Low Risk Home Care ( 3,789 fully vaxed patients )

20% Medium Risk Home Care (842 fully vaxed patients)

10% High Risk > Hospitals (421 Patients) Breakdown Vax % sourced from (Oct -Dec) Vic Health Data

310 Ward Patients 2 doses 43% (3 Dec) + 1 dose 27% (6 Oct) Be well higher now!
74 ICU Patients unvaxed 33% (1 Dec) + 1 dose (n/a) Also has recorded higher than full vax.
37 Vent Patients Senior Vax Wanerz...(Often implied as default patient group - Not Official)

Viccos can apply set [+] % Care to "current" Hospital Cases to tally ongoing severity of VOC.
Salute Vic Health for leaving the back door open for VOC Healthcare Data rates. (It all helps!)

Now Vic can apply "Current Case Count" or default 14 days Hospital / Virus patient recovery
421 (10%) = 4,210 / 16,144 (Current 2 week Cases) are in Health Care
4,210 / 19,144 (Adds Unregistered Low / Medium Risk Patients, if they are indeed, off grid!)

To keep Vic Demo simple...1/4 Vic Infections require min 2 week Health care.
Gives Viccos an idea of Severity & real number of current Patients..
Also found out that "Low number" Local / o's Cases are nor counted as is but bundled.
This is done so not to out a particular individual case...that may be bullied over triggering a Hot Spot.
So the Maps / Exposures may not tell the whole story & some Postcodes are infected > (Not Shown!)

Should help locals understand that 90% Covid health resource is off grid GP / Medicare / Telehealth
Vic have been running such since the start of the year... (This being our new norm in every state!)

Nice that Feds are chipping in to keep Fully Vaxed Covid off the Front Page & borders open.

Kinda! Oz Govt sells off Telehealth Phone Codes & My Health records/Scripts to Big Pharma / China!
The big breakthru affords Big Pharma to now legally breach Patient < > Doc Confidentiality.
Big Pharma knows exactly what yer GP Clinic will prescribe for your next illness you're about to get!
Every Oz Religious School Headmaster knows which Teacher is...well...what they thought! You Know!
Hot Doc run Homecare Covid Tests & Ancestry.com gets a #1 Multicultural DNA sample.
So Scomo gets rewarded big time a dozen times over by tech giants mostly.
re: Gate's "Accenture" Oz Census > Cepi/Davos/Oz real PM Hot Hotelier Jane is married to ABS Guy.
https://www.zdnet.com/article/abs-signs-au20m-deal-with-accenture-for-ce...
What does Gates want with Census Data?
https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40341511

tbb is not saying Census/Homecare is suss...coz all would expect such anyway...goes without saying!
Concern is selling out Oz Health security to foreign interests on the run without guidelines.
WHO orders all Nations to double down on Data! Oz seems to be hiving data then selling it off!

Anyhow! Today we got a rare win & reclaimed some data! Qldurrz send best wishes to Vic!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 10:56pm

Interesting how some of those from outside Australia are viewing oz right now. Also interesting how some of those from inside oz are viewing oz right now. (especially on here!)

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 12 Dec 2021 at 11:11pm

Correction: (Should read) 43 / ICU Patients " Full vaxed " 1st Dec > 33%
74 is current 12th Dec ICU (Used for Tally...)
Thanx to Covid Live (re: Vic Vaccination Status )
https://covidlive.com.au/vic

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 12:56am

Qld Camps hook into US Vanadium Boeing Air/Ports NT/inland rail grid > Rockets-Hydro Ships-Subs
Wellcamp Boeing US War Drone Factory Troops & Slaves share World #1 Med Cannabis Quarantine.
The inland Rail can be quarantined for feeding Students, Slave Pickers, Kitchen hands & Farmer's Wives

World #1 Cannabis Hub Quarantine Facilities are far more stringent than mere mortal Quarantine!
tbb is not joking > Each Pot Plant Carer must Quarantine & room mate plant for 1 month.(Or be shot!)
Wellcamp Quarantine Facility is 100% Essential for Med Certified Crops, anything else comes second!
Each Pot Plant Med strain is worth a 1,000 VIPs, any cross contamination...then kiss yer family goodbye.

Camps have nothing to do with naughty Hesitants...Wellcamp Boeing Airport is restricted & off Radar.

Return flights via Vanadium Drone Test centre to RAAF Wellcamp Drones Hub > to RAAF base
Weapons supply lines to Pinkenba Camp Damascus to load drones at Wellcamp "Cement" Wharf
US Frigates & Subs can and do and will pull up at Wellcamp Wharf for US Boeing Pay loads!
US Ships refuel at Twiggies Hydro Hub Gladstone (Now on extended inland Silo/Power Boost Grid)
Inland rail Siding Troops secure Air Fields > Power Plants > Food Silos > Water Supply > Mines > Ports
Secret of inland rail / Dad's Air Reserve is to Secure Troops / Weapons to all Key Ports in best time.
Could be argued that NZ Quarantine Camp also has Rail Port Access with future nearby Airport reserve!

Do not buy into Feds (vs) State smokescreen...Qld is a hot wired armed US State in the War on ChYNa
Anna & Scomo are building these seemingly irrelevant Qld Quarantine Camps for Uncle Sam.
Ok! So we'll need a Covid outbreak once Plants take root or when Drones are busy dropping Pizzas.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 8:42am

Shit fkery a QLd case study:

You could travel to QLD non jabbed until now all the while jab rates were <80%. Now jab rates are supposedly >80% you can’t travel there non jabbed ..? Trust the science? Further, if you are jabbed and travel to QLd you have to test negative..? So what’s the difference in testing negative if you are not jabbed or jabbed? You still test negative.

Classic coercion around jab stats not health.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 9:02am

I can’t see families racing to Qld for a holiday anytime soon , PCR test on day 5 of holiday. Plus Qld has a habit of changing the rules without much notice.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 9:07am

This is not acceptable and to normalise circumstance such as this is to submit to authoritarianism. Strength to those protesters still making a noise about our loss of freedoms.

https://www.smh.com.au/national/queensland/welcome-home-desperate-queens...

gromfull's picture
gromfull's picture
gromfull Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 10:44am
Vic Local wrote:

do you even live within the realms of reality?
Happy to admit I got that wrong. There were no reports of rallies on the regular news sites I go to until a few minutes ago.
The gronks are still being gronks. Fucking hilarious these people banging on about freedoms like there freedoms are the only ones that matter. Nothing but a pack of uber libertarian fuckwits who don't give a toss about anyone but themselves. Refugees locked up for 8 fucking years by our govt and not a peep out of these flogs. Having to get a vaccine so they don't put others in danger and they chuck the toys out of the cot.
Move on dogs. Get a fucking life.

https://fb.watch/9Sgu0XMDmd/
theres only 1 moron here throwing their toys out of its cot, and it never ends, cant discuss that the data is not proven, but here it is, a chance to see by 1 of the instigators of this whole shit show,
Now what needs to be proven is the vaccine helping the vulnerable, becuase as facts have shown over 70% of people who contract covid have zero symptoms or mild symptoms and keep on keeping on, so if your in this group why get vaccinated,

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 10:47am
bluediamond wrote:

Interesting how some of those from outside Australia are viewing oz right now. Also interesting how some of those from inside oz are viewing oz right now. (especially on here!)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBHkd3sXxT8

You realise Russell Brand is barely a comedian , an ex smakie and really not well know for his genius?
Posting youtube clips from experts continues......

billythekid's picture
billythekid's picture
billythekid Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 11:37am

checking in every now and then for a laugh - when 95% of pop is vaxxed the anti vaxxers are just completely irrelevant. Wake up holdouts. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE!

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 11:39am

@mykhunt. What's it like eating lemons for breakfast, lunch and dinner?
I did post a very thorough, well presented read only a page or so ago, yet no one wanted to read it, and give me some feedback on it. So i posted a relevant you tube clip...., seems they work better. I do have to ask why it's the youtube clip that got your attention and not the readings, which are way more relevant and contain way more information??
And fwiw i'd consider Brand to have a high level of intelligence. The fact you have to bring up his past re drugs say's more about you than him.
Read this https://www.tabletmag.com/sections/science/articles/needle-points-vaccin...
Here's that link to the actual readings, if you can be bothered reading, listening and getting a well balanced and considered presentation of events and facts and figures as they unfolded. It's chapter 3, but i'd highly recommend reading chapters 1,2, 3 and 4.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 12:08pm
billythekid wrote:

checking in every now and then for a laugh - when 95% of pop is vaxxed the anti vaxxers are just completely irrelevant. Wake up holdouts. NO ONE CARES ANYMORE!

Are you sure?

You’ve got coerced/ mandated boosters just around the corner and I reckon that the >60% of Australians who were forced against their will into getting the first jabs won’t be as ready to comply this time around. That’s why the MSM is selling the boosters hardcore already and the omicron is being pushed as something worse than the sniffles it is. Government booster campaign roll out in three two one….

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 12:46pm

Blue diamond,
I linked to that article over a week ago here.
I thought it may open a few minds to the possibility of seeing a different POV.

Waste of time. So clever already.

Still, it's nice to know we are in good hands.

In more news . https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/two-covid-vaccine-shots-does-not-prote...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 12:59pm
Blowin wrote:
billythekid wrote:

Are you sure?

You’ve got coerced/ mandated boosters just around the corner and I reckon that the >60% of Australians who were forced against their will into getting the first jabs won’t be as ready to comply this time around. That’s why the MSM is selling the boosters hardcore already and the omicron is being pushed as something worse than the sniffles it is. Government booster campaign roll out in three two one….

yep

interesting the clowns above taking those 90 - 95% numbers as some sort of confirmation their team hasn't grossly overstepped the mark

yes the vast majority support sensible health measures - or did - but a lot of the measures just haven't been even remotely sensible

and there's a big difference between being vaxxed and supporting mandatory vaccinations... a big big difference...

and if that mandatory- ness extends to 5 year olds needing vaccination to attend school... you just watch the shit hit the fan...

again...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:22pm

and in an another universe... no not fox, but the US...

seems even some democrats are done with the revolving hyper-nuttyness...

"The emergency is over," he said. "You know, public health [officials] don’t get to tell people what to wear; that's just not their job. Public health [officials] would say to always wear a mask because it decreases flu and decreases [other airborne illnesses]. But that's not something that you require; you don't tell people what to wear. You don't tell people to wear a jacket when they go out in winter and force them to [wear it]. If they get frostbite, it's their own darn fault. 

"If you haven't been vaccinated, that's your choice. I respect that. But it's your fault when you're in the hospital with COVID," he added."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/colorado-governor-covid-19-emergency-ov...

personally i think its sad that it has devolved to such a done with it, either / or debate environment

if omicron is such a problem.... then things like masks possibly have a place...

however if it's more omni-con than menacing omicron... then it's time for the gate keepers to slacken their power trip...

either way... no one believes anything anymore... trust is gone... and the shitstorm continues...

but sometimes, ya just gotta take stock, and count ya losses... or you end up with nothing...

but it seems humility ain't even a thing with these people

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:13pm
aaron61 wrote:

Blue diamond,
I linked to that article over a week ago here.
I thought it may open a few minds to the possibility of seeing a different POV.

Waste of time. So clever already.

Still, it's nice to know we are in good hands.

In more news . https://m.jpost.com/breaking-news/two-covid-vaccine-shots-does-not-prote...

Cheers Aaron. Must have missed it. Been ducking in and out of thread. Its probably the best read there is , especially for the hysterical amongst us. Easier to shout than to listen maybe.
Will check out that other link.
Good on you mate

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:24pm

What different point of view?

"“People who have received the booster are better protected than those who received only the second, and of course, more than the unvaccinated,” Alroy-Preis said.
She noted that the only individual infected with the Omicron who is in serious condition is unvaccinated."

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:27pm
sypkan wrote:

and if that mandatory- ness extends to 5 year olds needing vaccination to attend school... you just watch the shit hit the fan...
again...

Is there actually any evidence this will be mandated?
Isn't it the case that under 12's are basically exempt from everything if their parents are vaxxed?
Or is this just conspiracy theorist's rage porn? Something to gather the freedom troops up and get them to see red instead of rationality.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:31pm
Blowin wrote:

You do realise we're coerced to do a whole host of things daily to take part in modern society. Freedom is such a loaded and misunderstood word, and people are using it now while simply ignoring the responsibility and accountability aspects to it. It's not unconditional.
Anyway, I reckon you're >60% is about 55% off the mark there. Most people don't care about needles as much as you and your freedom mates do.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:32pm

@aaron61 , thanks for that link , as always the comments in that article are worth reading.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:34pm

I stumbled across a few Australian surfing personalities who have fallen down the rabbit holes of alternative, preferred 'truths' to the cold, hard one.

Kind of feel bad for mentioning their names here, some of the shit they're saying publicly on social media won't age well.

We're a nation of privilege and luck, and it's created a small army of 'what I can't see can't hurt me' idiots who basically have the mantra 99.998% survival rate tattooed on their chests.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:49pm

"The team looked at the ability of serums of 40 vaccinated healthcare workers at Sheba to neutralize the Omicron variant – 20 who received the booster shot within the last month, and 20 who had only received two shots, the last one five or six months ago."

This is a very small study. As such it is only an indication of the effects of the vaccinations in the wider community. As there is no link to the original study it leaves a lot of questions unanswered particularly in terms of matching the groups for existing health issues, age and body composition. Given the scope and size of the study I think that would have been difficult. Another issue is that I assume that by "neutralization ability", they are referring to the effect of the antibody level. This does not necessarily correlate perfectly with actual resistance to the disease as t-cells also provide protection. Take away? Pretty much what we alrerady knew. Breakthrough infections in the double vaccinated are more common with Omicron. And in terms of prevention: one is better than none, two is better than one, and three is better than two.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 1:50pm

So 5 year old's up for vaccination, what is the medical advice in Australia?

What do the AMA, TGA, Health Department, RACGP etc say, I know these guys pale into insignificance against the sheer weight of medical experience on Swellnet :-)

Another question is the alarm over COVID vaccine re not enough testing, rushed, long term effects by anti vaxers yet in 3 weeks same people are experts on the variant Omicron how is that?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:00pm

"Is there actually any evidence this will be mandated?
Isn't it the case that under 12's are basically exempt from everything if their parents are vaxxed?
Or is this just conspiracy theorist's rage porn? Something to gather the freedom troops up and get them to see red instead of rationality."

well let's hope not, but considering the mission creep so far, it really would not surprise me...

tbh, i cannot believe 5 year olds are on the agenda at all, or even 12 year olds for that matter, considering the narrative just 6 months ago... but here we are... like those conversations 6 months ago didnt even happen...

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:09pm

Oh dear.

Today's Courier Mail:

HOW LONG WILL A BOOSTER LAST?

Researchers are still studying whether booster shots will last as long, longer or less than the original dual doses. The original clinical trials for the vaccines didn’t account for waning effectiveness or the need for additional boosters to maintain their efficacy. Therefore, the long-term efficacy of the boosters, and whether there will be the need for another shot, and then another or another, is currently unknown.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:08pm

Not sure what state you're in sypkan, but there was a clear move in strategy here in Victoria once we hit 90%.

I personally (could be wrong) can't see any push or suggestion to push vaccinations wider than they already are being pushed. There's plenty of news of the approval and availability of them, but I don't see it fitting with the covid normal strategy. We've opened up completely, it's essentially back to normal. I'd imagine there would need to be a very good reason to push vaccines on kids, such as an actual dangerous new variant or excessive hospitalisations due to spread among kids.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:11pm

So aaron what was the source of their information?

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:35pm

" The original clinical trials for the vaccines didn’t account for waning effectiveness or the need for additional boosters to maintain their efficacy".

Consider:

108 days of trials before release.

First time in vaccine development history that a Company was given indemnity before project began.

Wants 75 years before full release of data from project.

Scott Gottlieb headed FDA 2018/19 and now sits on Pfizer board.

I would have pissed laughing myself three years ago if I had known how many people would succumb to this Trinity.

Big Gov, Big Brother and Big Pharma. FMD.

Then again the other side has Muslims, greenies lgbtia and right wingers marching together.

Kinda ironic that it was a Chinese proverb that said " May you live in interesting times".

We do...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:28pm
AndyM wrote:

What different point of view?

"“People who have received the booster are better protected than those who received only the second, and of course, more than the unvaccinated,” Alroy-Preis said.
She noted that the only individual infected with the Omicron who is in serious condition is unvaccinated."

There’s not a single person who’s died from omicron on the whole planet. Every word out of South Africa, where they’ve had omicron for weeks, is that the outcomes are very mild. Basically nothing to worry about.

If Omicron had come out in 2019 you’d never had heard of it and any cases would have been assumed to be the flu. They certainly wouldn’t be shutting borders and counting cases.

Omicron is no selling point for a booster shot.

I’d wager that as per usual the person who is severely Ill whilst having omicron is severely I’ll with something else whilst testing positive.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:23pm

4 more people i know or friends of friends in last 12 hours suffering severe adverse reactions to Pfizer jab. The numbers are accelerating as people line up for their second jabs and boosters.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:31pm

"So aaron what was the source of their information"?

Various. TGA, the Lancet and as usual the heads of Pfizer and Moderna.

The scientific method has gone by the board.

Two shots.
Mixing various brands.
Booster @6 @5 @3.

Now both Israel and Australia basically saying " We don't know".

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:31pm

Commenting on Swellnet must increase the risk of adverse reactions in friends and relatives as the incidence of reports here are orders of magnitude above the whole population data.

Meanwhile, from a more reliable source, a good update on Omicron.

“Even if some antibodies fail to block infection by Omicron, T cells and other antibodies developed from vaccination or infection may provide some protection against severe illness. In other words, deaths and hospitalizations may not track cases as closely as they have in previous pandemic waves. Measuring this requires data from clinics, hospitals and epidemiological studies that follow infections and symptoms in people over time. Such studies take more time than experiments in a lab.
It typically takes several weeks for severe Covid-19 to develop, which is why deaths and hospitalizations are what scientists call a “lagging indicator.” So while it’s fine to be optimistic when we hear early anecdotal reports about vaccinated people having only mild symptoms, remember that it will take time to have reliable data on disease severity overall. For example, it’s possible that Omicron could cause milder disease in people who have been previously vaccinated or infected but cause severe disease in people with no immunity. This will have implications for the burden that might be placed on hospitals.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/12/opinion/covid-omicron-data.html

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:38pm

"...I'd imagine there would need to be a very good reason to push vaccines on kids, such as an actual dangerous new variant or excessive hospitalisations due to spread among kids."

you been following the conversation above?

this new variant is enough for some nutters...

and as the nut has been priming his audience for...

the coming winter coinciding with the 'natural' dispersion of this variant will be the test

...test the resolve of people... of all descriptions.... and the percieved 'necessity' of measures...

anyway, Im pretty confident oz will find a good middle path, most adult people vaccinated and feeling that should be enough will kerb the nuttyness...

hopefully...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 13 Dec 2021 at 2:36pm
Stok wrote:
Blowin wrote:

You do realise we're coerced to do a whole host of things daily to take part in modern society. Freedom is such a loaded and misunderstood word, and people are using it now while simply ignoring the responsibility and accountability aspects to it. It's not unconditional.
Anyway, I reckon you're >60% is about 55% off the mark there. Most people don't care about needles as much as you and your freedom mates do.

“Freedom is such a loaded and misunderstood word “….oh please. Not being allowed over a state border, not being allowed to leave the country, not being allowed to assemble freely with other people. These are basic freedoms. Nothing there to misunderstand unless you’re mentally retarded.

It’s a basic and established human right to not be forced into a medical procedure such as an injection. Coercion is force. Freedom is not a privilege conditional to political whim in any society Australians would recognise. Freedom of movement throughout our nation is not a privilege to be revoked.

“Section 10(2) of the Human Rights Act 2004 says that: No-one may be subjected to medical or scientific experimentation or treatment without his or her free consent. Note: The prohibition on torture and cruel, inhuman or degrading treatment under international law applies at all times and under all circumstances.“

Even if you’re double vaccinated you’re still not free due to some virus beat up narrative. People like yourself who broadcast your Stockholm Syndrome with comments like “ Freedom is a loaded and misunderstood word “ are a bit of a disgrace I reckon.