Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 9:57am

As you can see Vlad, the quality of discourse is at a high standard here, we wouldn't want to see that diminished now.

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 10:43am

This came up on my newsfeed this morning regarding Australia’s position on China’s Belt and Road initiative. From Channel 7 so not really a left wing news organisation.

If you read about halfway down before your eyes glaze over it says how in 2017/18 the Coalition were praising China's Belt and Road plan. There’s a link to a Department of Foreign Affairs paper that it’s reported has since been altered and removed mention of it. Typical of this government. But Daniel Andrews is a communist apparently?

https://7news.com.au/politics/world-politics/victorias-daniel-andrews-sl...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 12:15pm

"But if you want a good trading relationship, if you want to send more Victorian-made product to China, to create jobs here in Victoria, then a good relationship on the things you can agree on is very, very important.”

The last paragraph is quite telling but not only applicable to Victoria.

I wonder, if pressed, could Daniel Andrews and his ilk put a dollar value on a human life?

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 1:28pm

Mancunian Dan! Boo!!!!!

Free speech! Yay!!!!

Riots! Boo!!!!

Nine news! Yay!!!!

https://www.9news.com.au/national/aus-protests-black-lives-matter-george...

#ebony&ivory #sundayfunday #passthedutchie #mancuniandan #strayacunt

Yew!!!!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 1:34pm

Ha, I wrote to the coments section of news.com.au this morning how the media must have been so disappointed that yesterdays BLM protests were largely peaceful and didn't descend into an orgy of violence and looting.

Instead of being perpetually pending (like I usually am) they just deleted me outright.

Yay!!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 1:34pm

shameless zen

and from 'the left' of politics no less...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 1:35pm

#yew

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 1:53pm

yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer's picture
yorkessurfer Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 2:48pm

@zen there’s some other quotes in that article I posted above, apart from the one that you selectively chose, that point to the hypocrisy of the federal government such as.....

In May 2017, then-trade minister Steven Ciobo said:
“Australia supports the aims of initiatives such as the Belt and Road that improve infrastructure development and increased opportunities in the Asia-Pacific region”.

In August 2018, Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull said he:
“looked forward to working with China on BRI projects. Global infrastructure investment is a good example of where countries should work together,”

And as recently as November 2018 newly minted Prime Minister Scott Morrison said in an interview with a Beijing-based business magazine:

“‘Australia welcomes the contribution the Belt and Road Initiative can make in meeting the infrastructure needs of the region.

“And we’re keen to strengthen engagement with China in regional trade and infrastructure developments that align within the international standards of governance and transparency.”

So why is Daniel Andrews now copping it from the federal government over Victoria’s determination to stick by its BRI agreement with China?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 2:57pm

Totally agree Yorkes- if you notice I said Daniel Andrews and his ilk meaning politicians of all stripes. Maybe I could have articulated that more clearly.

The point is, the sheer hypocrisy of any political party when it comes to human rights being conveniently overlooked when a delicious river of dirty money begins to flow.

vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka Monday, 15 Jun 2020 at 3:40pm

Vlad simple worker have good business is use pick and shovel dig out full drop toilet at old bush shacks on coast. Girls like vlad much unless forget wash behind ear.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 3:32pm

Isn’t Kidman Station right next door to Pine Gap now Chinese owned? Now who approved that sale Morrison?

Chinese owned water rights in our major rivers, who approved that Morrison?

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 3:58pm

Good onya old fella, hope it continues to work out well for you.

Coupla tips...
Here we call them dunnies, not toilets, and try to avoid using the word comrade, people might get the wrong impression especially in the current climate. Try bastard instead, like this: "hey Voddie ya bastard, how's it hanging?"

vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 4:31pm

Thank you good bastard Pat. I learn much.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:00pm

You go alright buddy.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:08pm

Hey VicLocal have been meaning to ask you have ever needed to use a public dunny along the Great Ocean Road shortly after a tourist bus has pulled out?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:11pm

Funny question. Answer is no.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:30pm

Well I guess you haven’t seen shit spray painted all over the back wall, seat and floor then from tourists squatting rather than sitting. Not one off very common.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 7:54pm

the absolute worst toilet I've seen was in Washington DC at a dollar beers night where 4/5ths of the patrons were in US Navy uniforms. It looked like nobody even bothered with the bowls. That bathroom was more putrid than the porta-loos at the end of the Glastonbury festival.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm

I reckon the worst (in the developed world) was one night at Fishos on the Goldy. Can't remember the band but the dunny was so packed, people were just pissing on the floor. Never seen anything like it. Filthy.

Same at Ballymore once at a rugby game.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 9:32pm

The poor bastards that clean the public dunnies on the great ocean road need bravery awards and triple the pay they no doubt get paid. Of course with Covid19 and the temporary suspension of international travel the dunnies and their cleaners have had a much needed reprieve. The cleaners would have also been pleased, no over the fracking moon, with this weeks CCP travel advice warning about travelling here.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 7 Jun 2020 at 10:44pm

Well Guysmiling, I've been the the Bells toilets a few times, and they are still putrid after the licensing arrangement at the reserve which saw tourism numbers plummet. And the bogs at Bells aren't too flash during Covid 19 travel restrictions either, so we can't entirely blame the Chinese.
This is just like the people who blame tourists for all the dog shit on the Surf Coast Walk. The fresh turds don't magically disappear in the middle of winter when the tourists don't come down to the coast.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:03am

I agree the Bells dunnies and surrounding bush is another story again.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 7:10am

Here’s a pearler for the Swellnet Irony Competition ( SIC awards ) .

Colin Powell calling another politician a liar who harmed America’s authority and a danger to the US.

https://www.smh.com.au/world/north-america/dangerous-for-our-country-bus...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 8:50am

Fake left for three years prior to George Floyd : Populism is the worst scourge democracy can face !

Fake left post George Floyd : If you question our ochlocracy you are the enemy and forfeit your democratic rights. Maybe even your right to exist without being subject to hate speech and violence !

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 9:13am

powell is correct, though wrong on that thing before, I think that was a forced error...

trump is totally dangerous, and his lies will bring him unstuck (and the US possibly...) at some point

the problem is, I look at biden and think

are you serious?

vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 9:59am

Vlad know much of shit toilet. Work in office where is new citizen worker stand on seat toilet but leave lid down so much brown on top. Cleaner enjoy gift of new culture much.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 10:23am

The mob aren't seeking to rule in America, they are demanding that they aren't subject to an out of control Police State that attacks them in the manner they have been. If you watch what is happening in the USA and elsewhere, including Australia, to black people and lawful protesters, and your reaction is to blame Antifa or criticize the left then I'm sorry but I think, you are a fucking idiot.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 11:00am

the mob are totally out to rule if you read their mission statements. luckily for the mob, most of the mob don't read em. there's lots of mobs...

I don't understand why people are so sensitive about antifa all of a sudden (well I do actually...) not that long ago they were just good kids fighting a cause, lauded, to be celebrated even. now just about every legacy media is tying themselves in knots trying to dismiss any actions of, and even the existence of antifa ...its a bizarre world...

left groups have always had their financial backers and organisers, just as right groups have, sometimes shady, sometimes openly, same for both of them, same backers, same alliances

why all the efforts to explain all this away?

the vast vast majority of people admit the system has problems, and are disgusted by the police brutality, but solutions are thin amongst america's gun culture. it seems much reservation comes in what 'solution' one is actually supporting, when the rabble have clearly hijacked the cause

but thats changed now, things have cooled, if it lasts the game will change, fuck I hope so...

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 11:19am

Skypan, what exactly is Antifa? Can you tell me who they are? Where do you join and how? It seems to me that if you are anti- antifa then you are pro- fascism. I think it is just another convenient FoxNews label thrown around by the right to belittle the left.
I remember there was this group once of well armed and organized .anti- fascists, they called themselves the 'Screaming Eagles', the 101st Airborne, and they joined up with this other group of well armed anti fascists called the US Army Rangers to storm the beaches in Normandy in 1944. Big Antifa those guys. Wonder what Blowin would have said about them.

vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka's picture
vladalotovodka Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 11:47am

Vlad much confuse of debate surf lead citizens. Left is right, right is wrong, left is not left, wrong is right if is protest, beach surf dunny is cleaner or not cleaner.

Vlad wish for time of ancestor is when big worry was what beep beep beep message of Sputnik mean as go round world and longness of queue for vodka.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:30pm

"Skypan, what exactly is Antifa? "

maybe ask all the nyt and wapo people who were praising them and their actions 3 or 4 years ago...

"It seems to me that if you are anti- antifa then you are pro- fascism."

I dont think so, it's antifa that are pro-facism, check out their MO...

social media is your friend ...or was...

"I remember there was this group once of well armed and organized .anti- fascists, they called themselves the 'Screaming Eagles', the 101st Airborne, and they joined up with this other group of well armed anti fascists called the US Army Rangers to storm the beaches in Normandy in 1944. Big Antifa those guys. Wonder what Blowin would have said about them."

the original antifa?

hmmmmm....

...antifa ...ww2... good guys...

...the resistance... ww2... good guys....

...''the resistance' 2016....

I'm sensing a pattern...

....of gross mislabelling at a minimum....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:01pm

Antifa are fascists . They’ve just got a different brand of fascism which they think excuses their actions.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:08pm

A few quotes from the original Antifa prat....Rick from The Young Ones ( silent P )

* Rick: "Tomorrow everyone in England will be free, and there will be
no more social prejudice or hatred. GET UP NEIL, I HATE YOU !!!!!!!"

*Rick's Teen Anguish Poem (from the book)

oh god,
why
am I so much more sensitive than everybody else ?
why
do I feel things so much more acutely than them,
and understand so much more.
I bet I'm the first person who's ever felt as rotten as this.
could it be
that I'm going to grow up
to be a great poet and thinker, and all those other wankers in my class
are going to have to work in factories or go on the dole?
yes, I think it could.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:15pm

Gee, thanks guys, that explains it all. Anti-fascists are fascists and Rick from the Young Ones. Fuck me. I'm out, you cunts are batshit crazy.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:21pm

It was crazy when someone got on here and said not endorsing the tactics and vision of Antifa meant you were a fascist.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:22pm

Sometimes I don't even need to criticise Blowin. All I need to do is let his statements speak for themselves.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:35pm

No Blowin, by definition if you are anti-antifascism you are pro-fascist. Apart from quoting Rick from the Young Ones and some dumb graphic, where can I find the "tactics and vision" of Antifa? Is it a publication? Is there a website? Who the fuck are they?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:46pm

As said many times , the allies who fought against real fascists in WW2 would have been the first to uppercut the dissatisfied middle class prats of Antifa who occupy the same niche as the white supremacist weirdos.

Both are disenchanted young people who’ve come to realise that the economy is stacked against them . Unemployment is still unemployment whether you’ve got $100K of student debt or you left high school at the first opportunity.

The leftist fascists blame the white corporate workers whilst the White supremacists blame the brown blue collar workers. Both need to realise it’s neoliberalism and it’s globalist push to turn the world into an economic zone without any local identity. Mass immigration driven by the globalists making the unemployment of formerly wealthy countries accelerate the funnel of wealth away from the proletariat and into the hands of the 1 percent and their enablers.

It’s a race war as a means to avoid unity amongst people so the class war can be won unopposed.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 1:14pm

As usual, the 'know-nothing' knows nothing. And worse, revels in it.

Ah well, give 'em enough rope etc etc etc

Anyway, you fellas want batshit crazy?

Forget Trumpy twittering away in the bunker, we've got our very own 'narcissist-in-chief' fapping away in the Swellnet Politico dungeon (that he created!).

The link?

Steve Bannon: The Über Grifter!

Read 'em and weep!

https://www.swellnet.com/forums/politico/495029

Bannon-love trumps reason itself!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:45pm

Adam....Claiming that being opposed to Antifa means you reject democracy Is like saying that because you aren’t into Big waves you don’t like surfing.

Antifa are violent fascists who wish to shape the world in their image and remove the right for anyone to oppose their rule.

There’s been a few fascists on here who like to think of themselves as just nice, well intentioned blokes . Until they start moving their lips and you discover that if you don’t fit their narrow definition of acceptable opinion , then you don’t deserve an opinion and you are actually a danger to their opinion gaining traction...therefore it’s encumbent that your opinion should not be allowed to be presented in public.

That’s what’s known as fascism. Antifa don’t believe that alternative opinions to their own should be permissible....that is fascism.

Forget the name “ Antifa “ . It’s the classic Orwellian inversion of the truth.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:50pm

Hey Vlad me ol' china, what say you and me get organised and overthrow this thread?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:54pm

"...Antifa don’t believe that alternative opinions to their own should be permissible....that is fascism."

...and ya gotta ask why this such a large part of their schtick?

really really gotta ask...

once again...

the hypocrisy

the irony

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:54pm

OK now we're getting somewhere. Antifa are "middle class prats", "disenchanted young people" and "leftist fascists"(?!). Fuck they sound scary.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 12:56pm

"Antifa don't believe that alternative opinions to their own should be permissible...that is fascism" No Skypan, that is Blowin.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 1:04pm

Hang on blowin, weren't you threatening to bash somebody on this forum not long ago because they criticised your racism. And I can remember you saying I should be tried for treason and executed? This wasn't for anything I'd actually done, but simply because I had a different opinion to you.. But you're not a fascist right?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 1:13pm

The "Screaming Eagle".

One of my after dark favourites, along with "The Dirty Sanchez", "Glass-bottom Boat", "The Trumpet", "The Bismarck" and a my personal favourite- "The Pakistani Drill Press".

Good times.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 1:22pm

My problem with all this is that I think Antifa, whoever they are, is being used by Trump as a diversion for his own failures. When I see commentators here parroting the same bullshit I tend to ask questions of those who do so. I shouldn't care and I shouldn't get involved but it irks me that people see what is happening in the USA as somehow the fault of the left, be it radical antifa or Democrat Mayors and Governors.
It is a fucken mess and the right needs to own it and try to fix it but instead they blame the left and try to promote bullshit reasons like "Antifa".
I know all about the 21st century antifa movement, a lot of what you say is true about them Blowin, but they are fucken' harmless dweebs mostly with a few dangerous anarcists thrown in. It's a motly unorganized bunch of activists that pose no real threat to the 1% and their wealth and pillage but get used to cover for the fact that the right have fucked it all up,again. It is disappointing that you fall for it Blowin.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 1:29pm

I googled glass bottom boat...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 8 Jun 2020 at 2:26pm

My problem with all this is that I think Antifa, whoever they are, is being used by Trump as a diversion for his own failures. When I see commentators here parroting the same bullshit I tend to ask questions of those who do so. I shouldn't care and I shouldn't get involved but it irks me that people see what is happening in the USA as somehow the fault of the left, be it radical antifa or Democrat Mayors and Governors.
It is a fucken mess and the right needs to own it and try to fix it but instead they blame the left and try to promote bullshit reasons like "Antifa".
"I know all about the 21st century antifa movement, a lot of what you say is true about them Blowin, but they are fucken' harmless dweebs mostly with a few dangerous anarcists thrown in. It's a motly unorganized bunch of activists that pose no real threat to the 1% and their wealth and pillage but get used to cover for the fact that the right have fucked it all up,again. It is disappointing that you fall for it Blowin."

How on earth did you fit so much bullshit into one post?

Are you really that naive?