Friday, 9 June 2017

This is our current source of easterly swell for the region, so as it exits our swell window we’ll see a gradual easing of the source fetch and thus a slow drop in surf size.

Wednesday, 7 June 2017

I’m kinda surprised we haven’t seen more size across Sydney beaches today. If you’d looked at today’s buoy readings in a few months time, and then been asked to estimate how big the surf was - with significant heights over 4m and maximum heights of 8m - I reckon you’d guess a lot bigger than 3-4ft at south facing beaches. 

Monday, 5 June 2017

We have an active week on the synoptic charts.

Friday, 2 June 2017

Next week's forecast has thrown a range of curveballs over the last few days.

Wednesday, 31 May 2017

The weekend’s easing trend now looks like it’ll occur more slowly than previously though, though it’ll be steadily down nonetheless.

Monday, 29 May 2017

Let’s take a closer look on Wednesday to assess the chance of their being periods of good winds on Thursday and Friday to capitalise on. 

Friday, 26 May 2017

Only small surf this weekend, though conditions should be clean with mainly light winds.

Wednesday, 24 May 2017

There's nothing of any great interest for the next few days. 

Monday, 22 May 2017

And this forms the crux for the initial short term forecasting decision - how much size will hold true overnight?

Friday, 19 May 2017

Yep, we’ve still got a cracking S/SE thru’ SE groundswell on the way for Monday.