Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 9:19am

drex is Blowin?? Toxicity looks familiar enough.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 9:35am

“Toxicity”= Bad man says something I can’t refute because my reasoning is built on nothing but bullshit.

You don’t think it’s “toxic” to publicly accuse someone of Nazi level inhumanity?

How would you feel if I got on here and started accusing you of being a paedophile? Not much different to what you’re doing to DRex. Perhaps take a step back and start your questioning of someone’s character from a more realistic place if you want to be taken seriously or treated with respect. You seem ready to claim the high moral ground whilst peddling filth like accusing someone of white supremacy based on nothing of substance. Crazy stuff. I’m staying away from you bloke.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 9:50am

Can we cut this shit out once and for all?

Rhetorical question...

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 1:58pm

“Can we cut this shit out once and for all?”

Stu, five minutes after you’ve banned Facto & MB & your still pulling your hair out having to respond to yet another confrontation involving Blowin.

BD has every right to politely ask the questions he directed at DRex. Only DRex is qualified to answer for himself. But guess who barges in with his usual patronizing, aggressive bullshit and all that before DRex has responded, should he choose to.

It would seem you went two thirds of the way to solving the shit show. Based on the evidence this has only empowered Blowin. I’d say business as usual but it’s possibly just going to get worse. Anyway, time will tell.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 12:33pm

I’m out. Done. Catch ya later.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 3:34pm

No Blowin, Drex has on numerous occasions come at me with his shitty right wing white extremist attitudes. I'm not accusing him i'm calling him out. You defending him, as far as i'm concerened puts you in the same basket as all the names you called above.
As for you, debate? With you??? HA!! I tried that once. The moment i had you cornered like the snivelling weasel that you are, you dissappeared off the site for a while. I asked you why you delete comments or rearrange what you said after you post them...seemed you had done so to make what myself and others wrote look out of place and irrelevant. You again dissappeared.
So, out and done(heard that too many times before for it to be true) . What you got to say for yourself? Why do you always delete/rearrange your comments? What sort of man can't stand by his word. You can't say dyslexia. That ones already taken. You don't debate. You dictate arguments. You want a debate about immigration and post a photo of a Fijian native (edit. Senegal) at the immigration gates. A Senegalese! Are you that dumb. That's the point. Who's country is this Blowin? Who should be in control of immigration. Blowin and Dregs? Or the actual natives. What right have you got white man blowin to call the shots on who enters this country, when, in effect you're an illegal immigrant yourself.
Stu. Sorry, no disrespect to you or the site and i appreciate you guys trying to right this convo...... but fuck, why would you let this dog shit stay on here along with that other dumb fuck. Can only imagine how many punters don't actually engage in these forums because of these two peanuts. Any time someone has an opinion slightly different to their own, they get cut down. Cacharadon Dundee. HA!!! What's surfing come to.
#blownetdreaming #banmeitwasworthit

sheep shagger's picture
sheep shagger's picture
sheep shagger Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 4:19pm

Bluediamond is bang on again. What Blowfly did/wrote in the new Poems Thread was pure toxic vandalism and hate speak.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 4:33pm

Just ignore them Blowin.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 4:43pm

How the hell are you still on here info? Logging in from Vic/SA border on the way over to sort Herc out, you know face to face man to man?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 5:04pm

Let it go guy, those who run this site have spelt it out very clearly why some have been banned and not others (nothing to do with one incident), if you havent got it, well i don't think it's going to click anytime soon.

That is also not what i said in my second post, i said something along the lines of basically how about i come over and you say that to my face, and id be much smarter than use violence to get any type of payback, id be hoping he wasn't that smart though..

Anyway please do me a favour and let's try to avoid each other.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 5:44pm

While you’re over there Herc could give you some training god knows you need it from the photo you referenced the other day, oh the shame of it to be a balding fat bastard-(edit) that makes two of us I’m still carrying my Covid kgs

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 8:01am

Receding i am a tad yeah, but my family always has high forehead and my long hair pulled back.

Fat, as you can see from pics (me far left), not fat just a dad bod with little beer gut, but ive actually lost 5Kg since this time.

Yeah could do with Herc's training, but couldn't be fucked, not my scene i surf, skate a little, ride a little, walk a little that my exercise.

Edit: Pic removed for privacy reasons just incase people in photo dont want their face here, Indo family i know have no issues though as happy to be on public social media and website for Surf house.

Maybe same trip or maybe year before, cant remember, with my wife to right i white, daughter further right and my adopted Indo family, best Indo mate Andreas in green, terrible pic of him though, he normally doesnt look goofy.

Better pic of him, really like this pic.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Telo Islands Sumatra Indonesia (@teloislandsurfhouse)

<script async src="//www.instagram.com/embed.js"></script>

Edit: Damn still didnt post here with embedded code?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 9:39pm

Righto Guy Smiley, over to you . Indo has proved his buffness in the face of your fat shaming him, now we need you to post up the rig so WE can be the judge of who's got the goods. And no cut and pasting Arnies rig on your head.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 9:41pm

E10-B3059-61-F1-4395-ACA6-81-F6-B7-B96347

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 30 Mar 2021 at 10:24pm

thanks for huge laugh guys very funny now info perhaps you really should delete those photos for privacy reasons .....

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 12:03am

Since Jan21 this year....Cat, exploded cyst, stitches/operation/meds $680. Dog, urinary infection/temp 104,vet/overnight ICU/meds $1380, foot infection/blood test/meds/two visits $ 480, kennel cough been17 days still coughing 3 visits/one night ICU (lips were blue)/xrays to check not pnumonia/ meds/injections/steroids $2100 still no progress, back to vet tomorrow.
I must really love my pets.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 6:55am

Nice pics Indo, good lookin crew.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 8:37am

I'm hearing you Adam. Won't go into everything with ours but our vet just ordered a bigger yacht.

What price to put on a cherished pooch or moggie?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 10:19am

That’s the price for keeping your hands warm Zen ..... our lab is on a daily pill for arthritis at $5.50 a pop

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 10:43am

hahahaha, I think I paid $800 for an operation on a guinea pig to remove a cancerous cyst.

Said Pig got consumed by a python about a week later.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 11:35am

Got kids, Adam?

If so, you'll know there's only one response when the vet tells you the bill.

Few months back I was at a mate's backyard fire when my wife called. "Max ain't looking good," she said. I raced home and sure enough, the big fella couldn't stand up, legs shaking, eyes were going gray, he clearly didn't have much time left.

We called the vet, told them what was up, they (correctly) surmised it was tick paralysis and told us upfront that because it was late on a Saturday night there'd be a 'surcharge'. We didn't even ask how much, just agreed to it and raced down to drop him off.

Picked him up the next morning and he was, not quite chipper, but very much alive.

The bill worked out more than half a Ments trip.

Plumbers, dentists, and vets - all can set their own fees.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 11:39am

Sorry Free, but reading that made me laugh out loud. That's brutal.

You coulda picked up a lookalike Guniea Pig at the pet store for $10.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 11:45am

yep.

I wanted to take the carpet snake down the vet and get my money back.

the rule now is no vets for chickens or ducks. they get "folk" care.

Goats get the vet.

Goats are surprisingly cheap.
$500 got 7 goats drenched, vaccinated, feet taken care of, and a young male desexed.
With me as vet assistant holding legs akimbo while he cut the nuts out.

the hardest part was catching the goats. I ended up in the barbed wire putting a full body tackle on a goat.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 12:02pm

Haha, fek me.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 12:51pm

Got a $600 vet bill last Friday. Went to the supermarket and left the 3 pooches inside. Came back and someone had been bench surfing and nabbed a whole packet of black grapes off the counter and consumed the lot. Now I didn't know this but apparently grapes are quite lethal for dogs. So it was off to the vet for all 3 for induced vomiting as we didn't know who the culprit was. Turned out it was only one of them. If only dogs could talk I'd love to know what the other two were saying.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 1:00pm

This dog, female jack longhair, now around 14 is a survivor. Got her when she was 1 or 2 as a kind of 'rescue', was living in a house with people that were "cruel to it" I was told. Years later when she blew her knee out the x-ray showed she has a slug lodged just under her spine, someone shot her. She's had half a dozen brown snake 'encounters' right in front of me, including one where I watched a three foot snake strike and get her, big yelp, snake then went right over my foot, it's 5.30 on Saturday, no local vet, nearest one next town usually a 20 min drive, I did it in about 7, dry strike, apparently the big browns don't always release venom, it's the little ones that do. Dog was fine, I was a fucken mess, totally rattled. Anyway, good news is she 's come good this morning. No cough.
Yeah Stu, no kids, can't afford dog and cat these days so looks like I dodged a bullet there.

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 8:23pm

Hi All just read some crap from a 'bluediamond'. My response is to ask - what sort of wanker calls themselves that??????????????

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 8:28pm

Haha cool it knobjockey.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 9:32pm

Hi D Rex. Was wondering when you wouldn't reply to my question. As you were.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 31 Mar 2021 at 10:53pm

Hey Indo. Nice photos! Good to see you didn't shit your pants for them at least!!! Well done!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 12:59am

'asian hate' and 'white supremecy'

https://bariweiss.substack.com/p/do-not-look-away-from-evil

yeh yeh, it's not australia, but seeing as 'the narrative' has been getting a run lately...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 1:13am

This is all over the Japanese news Syp.

Incomprehensible.

Coward.

frank sidebottom's picture
frank sidebottom's picture
frank sidebottom Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 12:50pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 1:18pm

Welcome back Frank.

Andy Kaufman's picture
Andy Kaufman's picture
Andy Kaufman Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm

What's the date again, Frank?

LOL

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 3:35pm

And welcome back Andy.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 6:17pm

The sand people are easily startled, but they will be back, and in greater numbers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 6:34pm

Love that line, you missed one word though "soon" be back :P

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 1 Apr 2021 at 7:26pm

Well we all know the deal with the sand people. (Star Wars speak)

Stay the fark away from them...as far far away as you can.

Rowley Birkin's picture
Rowley Birkin's picture
Rowley Birkin Friday, 2 Apr 2021 at 1:56pm

Reading hurts, sometimes.

https://theconversation.com/no-youre-not-entitled-to-your-opinion-9978

In one set of eyes, and out the other?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 2 Apr 2021 at 3:04pm

I've always found that article very interesting, especially in the comments section when anti-vaxxer of note Meryl Dorey wades in.

Entertainment plus.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 2:22pm

Nice....

“The Victorian Government’s revised hotel quarantine program resumed yesterday after being paused for five months last year following the destructive second wave outbreak and again from mid-February after virus again leaked into the community prompting another hard lockdown.

Thus, after being closed for roughly half the time since its inception in late March 2020 after causing outbreaks that shut Melbourne down for 114 days at the cost of many billions of dollars, the state’s revived quarantine program will now accept 800 returned travellers per week initially before ramping up to 1120 arrivals on 15 April.

With this background in mind, it is disturbing to read that Victoria’s universities have launched another daft plan to fly thousands of international students into Melbourne, whereby flights and quarantine in separate hotel accommodation would be subsidised by taxpayers:

Under the university-backed proposal, about 1000 foreign students would be flown into Melbourne every two to three weeks and placed into special hotel lockdown arrangements…

The Victorian universities propose flying students on chartered flights from China and India…

Universities have offered to help pay for flights, medical testing, transport, and quarantine facilities. Students and the state government would also make contributions to the scheme…

The City of Melbourne has proposed its own plan including charter flights for students.

This plan is wrong on so many levels.

First, there are still tens-of-thousands of Australians stranded abroad. As a matter of principle, their needs should be met before non-resident foreign students.

Second, it is scandalous for taxpayers to subsidise the importation of foreign students when actual Australians have to pay steep quarantine fees and hefty airfares.

Third, having thousands of international students quarantining in hotels or student accommodation risks further virus outbreaks and hard lockdowns, which would cost the entire economy billions as well as put lives at risk.

The virus is running rampant in India, so why would we want to put Victorians at risk for the sake of lining university coffers?

India COVID cases
COVID-19 is out of control in India.

As usual, our rent-seeking universities are displaying classic moral hazard behaviour. They want to privatise the financial benefits from having international students’ return, while the costs and risks are borne by taxpayers and the broader community. It’s classic heads I win, tails you lose behaviour.

What happens if these international students breach quarantine and leak virus into the community, causing more lockdowns? Will the universities then be sued by the government and forced to pay reparations?

Given universities stand to be the main financial beneficiaries from this plan, they should be forced to pick up the cost for any failures that result in virus outbreaks.“

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 2:24pm

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 6:15pm

Holy shit blowin thats farked

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 6:34pm

India has a massive population so those figures equate to Australia having around 3000 new cases per day.
By comparison, the U.S. has currently got around 75,000 new cases per day - Australia would have around 600,000 new cases per day at that rate as a ratio of population.

Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy's picture
Jamyardy Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 7:05pm

You might want to check those numbers AndyM, doesn't look right Re 600k extrapolation, be more like 6k ?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 7:28pm

Jeez, hope I haven't buggered this right up.

So the point of my comment was to show that though that graph looks dramatic, it kinda isn't.

India's got 125,00 new cases per day. As a percentage of their population of 1.3 billion, that's .0096%.
.0096% of the Australian population would be 2496 new cases per day.

The U.S. has 75,000 new cases per day, that's .023% of a population of 320,000,000.

.023% of Australia's population would be 6000 new cases per day.

Cheers Jamyardy, I stand corrected.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 9 Apr 2021 at 7:33pm

Looks like France is by far having the worst of it at the moment.

https://ourworldindata.org/covid-cases

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 18 Apr 2021 at 5:45am