Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 12:19pm

HOW GOOD IS A DRESSING DOWN!!!!!

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 12:29pm

""I found them disgraceful, and I called him into my office yesterday, and told him to apologise and deal with it – and he has,""
Ministerial code of conduct:
https://www.pmc.gov.au/sites/default/files/publications/statement-minist...
"Ministers must accept the full implications of the principle of ministerial responsibility. They will be required to answer for the consequences of their decisions and actions – that is, they must ensure that: (...) their conduct in a private capacity upholds the laws of Australia, and demonstrates appropriately high standards of personal integrity".
Surely that has been breached... and later in the document:
"Ministers ... may be required to resign if the Prime Minister is satisfied that they have breached or failed to comply with these Standards in a substantive and material manner."
Does he not have the power to sack the bloke?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 12:39pm

Pops, Laming isn't a Minister.
Morrison could expel him from the party, he keeps his seat and has to contest the next election as an independent.

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 12:41pm

he does not have the gumption, the dude was borderline stalking this poor lady

complete and utter failure of leadership, from mr all talk no action... perhaps he hasn't had a chance to talk to jenny yet to see what she thinks he should do

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 12:42pm

ah good point adam

but still

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 12:52pm

The locus for Scotty’s perspective on women

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 1:13pm

adam12 right you are! Seems there's no equivalent code of conduct for run of the mill mp's either... Expulsion would seem warranted though.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 1:24pm

#Scottyfromcoverups has all the traits of a psychopath
"Psychopathy is characterized by diagnostic features such as superficial charm, high intelligence, poor judgment and failure to learn from experience, pathological egocentricity and incapacity for love, lack of remorse or shame, impulsivity, grandiose sense of self-worth, pathological lying, manipulative behavior, poor self-control."

eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies's picture
eat-your-vegies Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 2:17pm

Shit
I’m a psychopath !!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 2:17pm

Ridiculous thing to say, if i said that about someone like Arden, you would burn me at the stake.

synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal's picture
synchrodogcal Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 2:23pm

yep totally ridiculous sheepy, the second trait listed rules him out

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 2:32pm

You still here info? after last night’s performance I was sure you would be sin binned for awhile.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 2:35pm

Nah Indo, I reckon the mob would hang, draw and quarter you

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 2:35pm

Indo, you couldn't say that about Arden, because they are not traits of hers. Your point is moot. Mate when even conservative Tracy Grimsure can see thru him, yet you can't, it says a lot about you

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 3:03pm

Yeah well lets just agree to disagree

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 3:17pm

More of a narcissistic sociopath with a compulsion to lie, inherent intellectual and emotional deficiencies, and inability to empathize without borrowing it from another or using others as props. A tendency to bully and attack when threatened, or to play the victim, to over-simplify the complex and over-state or complicate the simple Part Dunning-Kruger, part backward boy, visionless, unethical, inarticulate. Fired for lying in previous employment. Immature. Unstable. That's our Scott IMO.
Oh, and he shit his pants at Engadine Maccas (Allegedly).

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 3:30pm

It was either very clever or stupid on your part last night info but you are equally complicit in what eventuated but no like a dog with an itch you just couldn’t leave it alone. At least some sanity prevailed when you deleted that stellar comment of yours at 11.26.

CMC's picture
CMC's picture
CMC Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 3:31pm

He's got all the the traits of a happy clapping god botherer....out of touch with reality....

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 4:08pm

Scotty likes to think he’s hard but he’s soft 99.99 percent of the time, he’ll do anything to get what he wants, his closest mates who share a similar bloody mindedness are a couple of wrinkly half-bald nuts and he thinks nothing of fcking someone over - Scotty is a penis.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 4:41pm

Ugggh, that post of Blowin's at 12:52pm sends a chill down my spine. Like a window into a future nightmare.

CMC's picture
CMC's picture
CMC Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 4:50pm

Scott nuthing..needs to get counsel from his wife on how to deal with alleged rape in his building and how to consider the issues that women in general are raising.
Can't give a straight answer when questioned by journos about numerous incidents going on under his watch.
Goes on the attack with incorrect information..... if you are going to make accusations, you need to have your facts watertight especially if you are the PM..... he and his people are incompetent
Not the qualities you want in a leader of this country.
Where the hell are the opposition attack dogs?? What a joke the political parties have become and we punters have to work out which is the best of a bad bunch at the next election. Good luck with that!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 5:11pm

If u rearrange the letters in "Young Liberals", it spells BULLYING AROSE
I think there's something in that for everybody

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 6:20pm

pyschopath... sociopath...

tomatoe... tomato...

many people in high positions are sociopaths, it's a known trait for success in high end, high stress, high demand positions

scomo clearly has the traits, and they have helped him, as he is kinda competent, ...good at what he does... if you like what he does...

it seems the tendency to save oneself, the narcicism, self delusion, difficulty understanding social norms and thinking of having it over others are shining through...

shining through the cracks of a man under pressure, and the cracks in his shameless spin and marketing prowess...

"“His priority seems to be defending himself on technicalities rather than dealing with the problem.”"

well that's just contemporary politics... a nauseating development as pollies embarrassingly, ...shamelessly, stick to talking points, but morrison is particularly good at it / prone to it, incredibly nauseatingly so...

"“Someone else might focus on the matter at hand, which is the crisis – the sexual assault at parliament or getting vaccinations done – instead he’s choosing to focus on himself.”"

the keyunt can't help that, but it may not help him, ...this time...

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/why-scott-morrison-struggles-s...

if he does a false turnaround overnight, after his advisors school him up, most people will see straight through it

geez I like to know what he was like at school, and when he was a youngun generally...

bloody oddball I'm betting

finding god has saved him a little, but he's still a cold hard spectrum dweller

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 6:10pm

...but, there's still this problem...

"Where the hell are the opposition attack dogs?? What a joke the political parties have become and we punters have to work out which is the best of a bad bunch at the next election. Good luck with that!!"

why are labor so pathetic?

any one got any ideas?

I get it that they may be shy and have little moral authority on corruption and the general selling off of the country, but you'd think when the gods are shining their way, they'd be able to make a little hay...

but they are virtually invisible

again...

maybe because they also have the same internal 'cultural' problem...

but seriously, you'd think they could still make a few gratuitous political point scores...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 6:25pm

'how's the hostility'

geez there was a bit of a shit show over there...

I like to think there's still always a little humour to be gained amongst the heatedness, but when it's like that, I'm out

but I can't let this one slip through

"Which one? And you're the sole arbiter of what 'offensive' is and isn't?"

oh the irony!!

again...

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 7:23pm

Why are labor so invisible?
96% of the print media controlled by Murdoch, Costello and Stokes might help explain it.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 8:16pm

Sypo, Psychopaths are BORN - genetic. Sociopaths are MADE - via childhood trauma. That's the difference. Psychopaths are more cunning and planned. Sociopaths are more explosive ans unplanned

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 9:13pm

"Sypo, Psychopaths are BORN - genetic. Sociopaths are MADE - via childhood trauma. That's the difference. Psychopaths are more cunning and planned. Sociopaths are more explosive ans unplanned"

so by that logic, ...and following s fairly well worn narrative... it isn't scomo's fault at all that he's a cold hard sociopath? ...because he experienced childhood trauma?

you're opening a whole can of worms there sheepdog, and Im not just talking about scomo... an ages long debate...

sorry mate, but, having some experience in the field, I believe that statement to not be true at all, .. well actually, maybe it's a little bit true...

but there's so many contributing factors to both

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 11:35pm

"Why are labor so invisible?
96% of the print media controlled by Murdoch, Costello and Stokes might help explain it."

I don't buy into this tired old narrative either, there's plenty of left leaning journos and sources that'd be all over it if a labor person had something of significance to say. not least the abc

no one in labor has the gumption (testicles?) of old to cut through it seems, they're all too bloody busy being 'professional' ...or like other issues, it seems they're scared of the can of worms they'll open...

and plus, the murdoch media don't seem overly shy analysing scomo and his shadyness. stories every day

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 9:07pm

Where are the voices of reason are they banned? For what?Sad state of affairs if they are. Indo is heading west looking for?Better change his outlook towards our brothers and sisters if he is or is he talking Turkey?Censorship? Australia your standing in it.Shame Swellnet.#mouthpieceoftheeastcoastdynastycontinuesnorthenbeachesrightwingliberaljoehockeycigarsmokingcolonialswhiteaustraliapolicyantiimegrationcan'twon'tsaysorrylittlejohnnyhowardsballticklers

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 9:13pm

"not least the abc"
ABC is knobbled like the rest.
Insiders this Sunday, guests Liberal MP's Sarah Henderson and Katie Allen. FFS.
Murdoch but more so Costello runs protection and interference. The analysis is lop-sided. They run talking points from the PMO.
But I think you are right about Labor. Imagine what Keating would have done with this mob.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 9:30pm

“scomo clearly has the traits, and they have helped him, as he is kinda competent, ...good at what he does... if you like what he does...

“it seems the tendency to save oneself, the narcicism, self delusion, difficulty understanding social norms and thinking of having it over others are shining through...

shining through the cracks of a man under pressure, and the cracks in his shameless spin and marketing prowess...”

That’s bang on Sypkan....

“Where are the voices of reason are they banned?”

It would appear so. Possibly a couple of promotions at the same time. Unrelated. Just a coincidence :-)

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 9:30pm

Where are the voices of reason are they banned? For what?Sad state of affairs if they are. Indo is heading west looking for?Better change his outlook towards our brothers and sisters if he is or is he talking Turkey?Censorship? Australia your standing in it.Shame Swellnet.#mouthpieceoftheeastcoastdynastycontinuesnorthenbeachesrightwingliberaljoehockeycigarsmokingcolonialswhiteaustraliapolicyantiimegrationcan'twon'tsaysorrylittlejohnnyhowardsballticklers

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 10:42pm

204-BF595-37-B3-4-ED1-B2-EE-69-CB5-DA1229-F

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 11:28pm

"But I think you are right about Labor. Imagine what Keating would have done with this mob."

exactly

I guess that's the confidence that comes with actually having moral authority

as opposed to contemporary labor, who keep telling themselves they have moral authority, ...in a self delusions, self affirmations kind of way ...whilst selling out the country and their souls in the process...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 11:28pm

ewwww supafreak

but lovely

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 11:35pm

The Aust. taxpayer pays $85k a year (and a ComCar) to Jenny Morrisons lifelong best friend Lynelle Stewart to "keep Jenny company". Lynelle's husband Tim, is Scott Morrisons best friend and advisor, and is a QAnon conspiracy theorist who has been banned from twitter (@Burned Spy34).
Scott Morrison's mother and mother-in-law both live at Kirribilli House.
They have all received Pfizer vaccinations.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 11:57pm

"sorry mate, but, having some experience in the field, I believe that statement to not be true at all, .. well actually, maybe it's a little bit true..."
Sypo. If you don't believe me, perhaps do some research and believe the experts. That's what I did.

"Psychopaths are born and sociopaths are made. In essence, their difference reflects the nature versus nurture debate."
https://theconversation.com/psychopaths-versus-sociopaths-what-is-the-di...

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Friday, 26 Mar 2021 at 11:58pm

"Andrew Laming: Queensland MP laughs off grovelling apology
An MP who said sorry in Parliament for trolling women on Facebook laughed off the move, saying he “didn’t know” what he was apologising for."

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/andrew-laming-queensland-mp-la...

Scomo taught him how to lie.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 12:02am

This tweet by Tony Windsor, former member for New England
"An example of how power works....
17 yr old harrassed by Joyce in Canberra pub in ladies Toilet.
Mother LNP blind follower
Complaint shut down by Georgie Somerset
Quid pro quo
Somerset to ABC Board
J Bishops brother hi flyer in Clayton Utz
Girl now works Cl Utz.
All quiet
Abbott knew ...did nothing
Credlin knew ....did nothing
Turnbull knew ...did nothing . Emails exist
Morrison knew ....done nothing
Georgie Somerset knew....got promoted as voice of Australian rural women.
..and the caravan moves on"

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 1:26am

genes n triggers sheepdog

and, define a psychopath...

martin bryant? the batman cinema killer? chopper read? ...or is it only your run of the mill 'I'm having a friend for dinner' plotting serial killer?

"Both act on a continuum of behaviours, and many psychologists still debate whether the two should be differentiated at all. But for those who do differentiate between the two, one thing is largely agreed upon: psychiatrists use the term psychopathy to illustrate that the cause of the anti-social personality disorder is hereditary. Sociopathy describes behaviours that are the result of a brain injury, or abuse and/or neglect in childhood."

the paragraph before yours

much debate

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 6:10am

"Blokes don't get it right all the time, we all know that, but what matters is that we're desperately trying to, and that's what I'm trying to do, and we will get this right — we all need to focus on that.”

#istandwithscott

Its you too

deflect, deflect, deflect

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 8:41am

The
"Blokes don't get it right all the time,"
comment really annoyed me.
- Scommo could not say "I stuffed up"
- He spreads the blame for his stupid comments to every Australian male.
- He (again) makes all males out to be stupid in these matters so he can hide in the crowd.

The evangelicals thought they had it made with Trumpy and Scott in leadership positions. It was seen as meant to be and a very important step in Gods master plan. Joy was upon us.

It has backfired big time. They both have shown themselves to be highly flawed with no moral compass. Scommo seems like a hollow man with no solid core of belief that would allow him to responds with honesty and to get it mostly right when it mattered on stuff involving ethics and how to treat fellow human beings.

And, in Scommo's case the power of prayer, belief and God's plan has only brought down upon us drought, fire, pestilence, plague and flood so far. It must be getting hard up at Hillsong to chat about him with such enthusiasm these days. They must think God is playing a form of 4d chess with them and wish he was a bit more happy clappy.

Is he an aberration for that cult or just a typical product of it?

Church spin is an endless way of twisting everything to appear as part of a pattern that suits their belief system. Political spin is much the same. Are they the same thing in different robes?

Once you spin too much do you get dizzy and lose perspective?

Scommo spins all week and again on Sundays.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 8:58am

There is much truth in what you say frog

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 11:15am

Interesting take on the PM’s narrow-cast approach in the Guardian.
https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2021/mar/27/scott-morrisons-e...

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 11:55am

I agree Frog. However I would suggest that none of the gloss has come off Scomo if you asked his fellow Hillsong believers. That same unequivocal faith will be afforded to him IMO. Be interesting to hear from some of these faithful for their assessment of his handling of the issue regarding the treatment of women.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 12:26pm

Yup Rabs68. I’ve got family in the Shire who are committed, but very mellow, Christians. They’re quite dismayed at the level of counter-accusation being bandied around their extended and adjacent religious communities about how poor ScoMo is the victim of a conspiracy, all the allegations are false and vexatious etc etc.
It’s not even acknowledged as a real issue - just passed off as political chicanery.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 1:03pm

Thanks for that account etarip. Pretty interesting to say the least. Cheers.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 2:09pm

Even if those in Hillsong would have seen how Scommo has lived with the blokey, boozy, floozy chasing, grab em by the pxxxy type culture all around him in Parliament House for years and was clearly quite comfortable with it. That is undeniable. Is that what Jesus taught?

It must be such a brain twist for the religious right to latch onto leaders like Trump and Scommo and then have to try to justify it as reflecting their belief system.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 27 Mar 2021 at 4:30pm

Speaking of hillsong my sisters religious and was living in Sydney for years and she use to go to Hillsong every week, im not religious in anyway but to keep her happy or make her day, i went along to Hillsong once (this was about late 90s)

It was weird with all the hands in the air eyes closed stuff and speaking in tongues and although upbeat in vibe and music still super boring, but OMG as a single guy back then, the amount of attractive girls was off the charts and they were super friendly too, my sister introduced me to about twenty, i can totally understand why young guys might go there.