Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 7:46pm

When more Murdoch is barely enough!

https://junkee.com/daily-telegraph-eshays-guide/287009

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 7:47pm

Seriously mate Tom Tanuki is the worst link you have ever shared, i didn't think my view of you could get worse but you just pushed things down to a new low.

Do yourself a favour and delete the video to save yourself from further embarrassment.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:04pm

Info, Info, Info. It's not my fault you're grist to your various grifter's mills.

Just 'cos young Tom has done a bang-up exposé number on your precious Loz Southern and now wee Avi, there's no need to wet yourself.

Dry yourself off, mate. You're not alone.

There's a sucker born every nano-second.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:21pm

@bluediamond

There is racism in every country, but is racism what it was 20 to 30 years ago in Australia? or have things progressed dramatically?

Most of Australia these days is made up of people of all different ethnicity's and skin colours, not just in cities but regional areas too.

My wife is Indonesian and has brown skin and im honestly surprised at how rare it is for her to experience racism, it's a blue moon event, we have many Indonesian friends some very dark skinned two guys as dark as can be, one is from Java so not sure why so dark, other is from West Timor and obviously has a decent amount of Melanesian blood as also has the full frizz hair. (BTW. wife's good work friends are also from PNG & Africa and very very dark skinned)

I dont go having deep and meaningfuls asking them about racism but we do talk shit after a few beers or fishing, when telling yarns they dont talk about being victims of racism, and they tell a lot of good yarns and also whinge a fair bit about all sorts of crap.

The only Indo friends that experience maybe some negativity in a racial type of way is because of their very bad english, that even my wife and her other Indo friends find embarrassing when in a public setting and they have to help them get things done because people at shops etc dont understand their english.

So for them i think accent and english is the big thing in how they are viewed.

BTW. If your comment is aimed at me up until even maybe five years ago, i never thought i had much to do with indigenous people, because when younger my view of an indigenous person was an Aboriginal person with very dark skin.

So in that view my exposure was limited to the odd indigenous class mate or even mate at school (although i did go to a school for a year smack bang in the middle of a housing commission area with a very high indigenous population and quite a few indigenous kids at that school)

After finishing school one flat mate was a fairly dark skinned indigenous guy and actually my best mate i lived with also has indigenous ancestry (brown skin), so technically at one point i lived with two indigenous people and did some traveling with them, actually i lived with his sister once too, so two times lived with two people of indigenous heritage.

But these other people in my life that are of indigenous heritage from young to now, i never thought of indigenous because they were of mixed race of various degrees of skin colours from brown to white, and in all honest they were seen no differently to anyone else, some i dont see now but are on social media i only now know they have indigenous ancestry as embrace it or it now clicks why they were brown as i now realise one of their parents was indigenous.

Although through the teen years when you paid shit on each other about anything and everything in hindsight a lot of the shit we gave my mates with indigenous heritage was pretty racist.

Ive actually talked to them about the shit we said back then and we are all like fuck i can't believe the shit we use to say my best mates nick name was both insulting from a racial way and homophobic way

To them though it's just like any of the other shit we gave each other and they always had the last laugh anyway as pulled more chicks than any of us.

In regards to segregation, yeah there is a historical aspect to why this, but IMHO a huge problem is current policy from government and a left wing mindset that see's integration as a negative and even culture destroying.

Anyway i really didnt want to bother going over this crap, but it's clear your comment was aimed at me and had to clear up your misconception of me.

But hey you dont like my comments anyway..and to be honest i find yours very naive and stereotype like anyway.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 8:36am

@factotum

The sad thing is kooks like you actually believe the tripe he spins, much of it is factually incorrect and then you spin it elsewhere as fact.

If he was bigger, im sure people like Avi or Lauren would sue him for slander etc, but he just isn't worth it, i mean whats his Youtube following? under 2K followers, for some perspective Lauren has 660K followers and Avi 444K followers.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:19pm

Urrm, aren't you a bit of a Bolt fan Indo? Kind of renders your above comments moot really.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:24pm

Bolts alright im not a real fan or a hater, i watch the odd video if it's a story im interested in but otherwise dont go to the effort to watch or read his stuff..

Same with Sky news, its too over the top for me, occasionally if the subject matter is of interest i will watch it on YouTube, but maybe one video a month.

But i dont view Bolt as you do, so even if i was a fan it wouldn't render anything i say or my views as moot or mute.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:28pm

If you were a Bolt fan, and you were criticising others for posting stuff you believed to be poorly sourced or outright false, yes, I think it would render your comments on the matter moot.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 8:51pm

"But hey you dont like my comments anyway..and to be honest i find yours very naive and stereotype like anyway."
Ouch Indo. Ouchie ouchie ouch. haha

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 9:46pm

More complete and utter bollocks from info. Our lil bullshit meister loves Bolt and especially so when defending Bolt's breach of the racial discrimination act over articles he wrote in Uncle Rup's rags about light skinned Aboriginals. Our in-house cultural warrior had so much to say in Bolt's defence about that case and 18c for weeks or was it months of pure enlightenment?

But of (or is that off?) course info always readily with another comment also heavily backed up in defence of Bolt during the Adam Goodes saga and was it then you offered up your milk in coffee example info or was that on a different occasion?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 10:35pm

Ha ha.

So because i agree with Bolt on some things i love him????

Im sorry but i decide how i feel about people same as i do about movies or music or whatever, you Guy dont get a say in how i feel about things.

If i was a fan of Bolt i would say i am i dont really have any issue with him or his views but like i said im not really a fan, nor am i a hater, if there is an issue ive taken some interest in i will sometimes see what he has to say to get another perspective.

Sometimes i agree with him other times not, sometimes i agree on some aspects and not other aspects.

I do think he is important in providing a different view on things that are reported in mainstream media, often mainstream media especially the Guardian or ABC might technically not lie outright, but they leave out information that is important or focus on looking at something from one angle, this can be very deceiving.

Bolt is the kind of guy that goes, here is the missing piece, stand over here and relook, tell me what you see?

BTW. The other week when Herc was here dribbling crap, i regoogled the old milk in coffee thing, that you people strangely have never heard of, and now it gets a few hits.

Indigenous comedian uses the line at about 1:50

Even used in an SBS docco shared by Get Up https://www.facebook.com/GetUpAustralia/posts/aboriginality-is-a-bit-lik...

ABC article from Anthony Dillion again
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-03-27/dillon-aboriginal-identity-and-ne...

So yeah even though you guys have not heard the line used before well it's not new, i didnt invent it and if you think its racist then maybe you should complain to twitter, youtube, facebook, Get Up, SBS & ABC.

BTW. one of the women who took Bolt to court now says she regrets it and says he was right she was wrong.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 10:41pm

ID, Bolts a real dog, he monetised BS politics.

The stuff he goes on about is seriously brain dead school boy.

Which is really disappointing as we do need clever conservative commentators instead we get money hungry shrills like Bolt.

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 11:04pm

Yeah Bolt's a mongrel alright, sorry to all the dogs out there, and Budgie Smuggler Abbott's old squeeze Credlin

seaslug's picture
seaslug's picture
seaslug Thursday, 11 Feb 2021 at 11:08pm

Ex copper and au pair sniffer Dutton at it again

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 12:04am

You’re attempting to rewrite history again info you got all gooey defensive when widely called out about your snide coffee line. Cute but transparent so not so clever.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 2:24am

Hang on, I'm confused. Maybe I've always been confused.

We're giving Info any kind of credence? He's always been a joke, yes? A low-hanging piece of rotting fruit.

More to be pitied than outright ridiculed, yes?

And lest Blowie gets all puffed up, surely his brand of hollow over-confidence without a shred of back-up in any way, shape or form, is even more embarrassing.

Yew!

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 2:33am

Info, Avi's a gronk, Loz is a gronk, ipso facto you're a gronk . Their kinda gronk.

Stop pretending otherwise. What's the point? Own it.

Goes for your other stooges.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 8:08am

Um no Guy, history is not being rewritten, the post is still there unedited since the day i posted it.

Im showing you that what you or Herc find offensive in some strange way and cling onto and continually bring up to try to paint me in a negative light is a line used by others especially the left, in the past you have denied this thinking it's some racist line (although not sure how) or something used on work sites or even one i made up.

Not to mention if you read my post, i actually say: "and don't say:....then the milk in coffee thing..."

Anyway feel free to keep clinging onto it as some validation of evidence in your mind of me being racist or something, but at least now i have provided hard evidence that it's a line widely accepted and used by others, even shared by nutcase left groups like Get Up and on left leaning ABC & SBS and even used by two indigenous people.

Fraser G's picture
Fraser G's picture
Fraser G Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 8:20am

Mental.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 1:28pm

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 2:48pm

I liked the Tom Tanaki vid facto from the previous page. What a fkin turkey that Avi is. More proof that the more youtube subscribers one has does not maketh them more credible. Avi carries on likes he's just snorted a few lines of coke and is on a mission from God to save the world from the 'lefties'. (God help us)

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 3:01pm

info, the left nor for that matter the majority of decent people wouldn't use that coffee line in the knowledge that its hurtful but for you to understand that you would need to understand irony and nuance in the discussion of complex and/or sensitive issues and its already clearly established you have great difficulty understanding either. Of your examples the first two involve nuance and its already established Mr Dillion is a conservative Aboriginal commentator just like the other examples you have posted here. They are perfectly entitled to their views but they are not representative of the vast majority of Aboriginal communities and their leaders and anything they say needs to be seen in that light. If you are so convinced your coffee line isn't offensive take a trip to the Morwell Co-op and see what hard (fisted) evidence you get back.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 5:17pm

Whatever Guy, clearly you don't even understand what the phrase means, it's a positive phrase not a negative phrase and one i don't agree with anyway

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 6:24pm

@Westofthelake

Tom is a complete potty mouthed bogan tosser, he sits in his room making videos hatting on others, any loser can do that, it takes zero effort, he does it because it's an easy way to get attention views/clicks resulting in subscribers which equal $$$ did you watch to the end of the video?....he spruiks his Pateron page, a page you have to pay money to access more of his crap.....the dude is complete hypocrite calls others grifters for asking for money, then does exactly the same himself.

At least Avi has built up his following by actually getting out on the streets creating original content, generally showing how clueless people are, and if you watch his videos there is no need to cut and paste out of context...people are so clueless and stupid you can let the camera run and you get endless crap come out their mouths.

Yes Avi is right wing as are many of his fans but many of the videos aren't right or left wing like vids on Vegan protestors or Horse racing protestors or even the lock down crap. (much of those videos from Avi i dont agree with)

Anyway Tom is full of shit, Avi has never been arrested and dumped elsewhere before, that is a blatant lie, he has been arrested twice and taken to the station both times.

In both cases Avi then took legal action against the police for unlawful arrest, and in both cases police then dropped charges.

This situation was different, although it seemed like an arrest, Avi was technically not arrested, just held by police and prevented from doing his job, he was then taken away in a paddy wagon and dumped in another suburb (ironically the protestors were breaking the law while Avi broke no law and has a legal right to report as a registered journalist working for a media company )

Obviously police cant do this to journalist just because they might not agree with his politics, this is the kind of shit that happens in a country like Indonesia not Australia.

You can be 100% certain he will take legal action again against the police.

Avi currently has a case in the supreme court suing police over the previous two unlawful arrest, if this recent incident can be used in this case in some way, you can be certain it will only work in Avi's favour.

https://www.portnews.com.au/story/6930815/activist-suing-police-over-loc...

Yes Avi like many ask's for donation at the end of his videos this how they make money, no one is twisting your arm forcing you to give any, personally i have no interest in doing so, but others do.

As for the meta data crap Tom thinking he has somehow caught Avi out, obviously Avi and rebel media knew there was a risk something like this would happen again, so obviously prepared ahead of time so could go put out a video ASAP

Obviously creating a few graphics ahead of time is much easier than trying to piece something together last minute, especially if its done in Canada where rebel news is located in a totally different time zone.

Only point Tom has is yes the video they dropped straight after the incident was a bit misleading in saying he was arrested when he technically wasn't and saying help me get out etc, but i doubt anyone who donated money at that time wants there money back, im sure they are happy to have the money used to fighting how he was treated by police.

BTW, The much longer video dropped the next day telling the whole story.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 6:48pm

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 6:56pm

Haha. What you said Memo. Ha!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 7:01pm

5 minutes dude, it's all it would take to google half a dozen new memes.

This one and your safe place one got old and lame really quick.

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 7:28pm

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 7:55pm

Hahaha!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 7:59pm

Friday night feel good....not.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 8:05pm

At the end of the day info-warrior it doesn't matter whether I understand what your coffee referencing means or not its how members of the Aboriginal community see it. Again, I invite you to check your view of it by visiting the Morwell Co-op. It shouldn't take very long for you to get an understanding of how they feel, like a nano second before some hard evidence comes your way.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 8:31pm

Yea blowin the water rights debacle is a total sham and the friendlyjordies are nailing it. Should be all over the Murdoch empire very soon...

@i-d,

tl:dr

Can you give it to me in 25 words or less?*

*rhetorical question

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 9:37pm

@ Guy

As ive showed you with my links, facebook, YouTube, twitter allow it on their platforms. (been up for years on these platforms)

An indigenous comedian uses the line in his act and even that gutter trash group Get Up listed the line on their facebook post without offending people..

So yeah, maybe in your head it's offensive or you feel others are offended by it, but the evidence is quite clear that most of society doesn't feel the same way you do.

BTW. Just clicked on the FB Get Up link to read the comments, and seems all your leftie Get Up friends dont agree with you.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 9:13pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 10:02pm

@Hiccups

BTW. I know who you are now, you are a mate of Wilsons.

I can tell from your profile pic here and FB profile pics, plus all the bands and place you have liked etc line up with living in Melb, music and your political views.

Plus yeah we had a little run in once on some comment Wilson shared, and i remember thinking WTF this dude is like extreme in his views.

Anyway Wilson is a good bloke just hasn't got out of that im cool i vote Greens phase we all went through as grommets, i dont hold it against him but me and Dippa like to razz him up when he shares his Greens stuff.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 10:19pm

That's me.

"just hasn't got out of that im cool i vote Greens phase we all went through as grommets"

What a patronising thing to say.

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 10:04pm

Blowin - that youtube link - i get it - its click bait and shit and... he does a good job in highlighting the cause if.. someone is unaware of the issue.. but unfortunately carries the same old line that it's someone else's fault... his labour bias clouds his judgement .

water sharing plans are a responsibility of the state. QLD and their cotton growers are in labour country and have been for quite some time. I highlight QLD as the vid focusses on cotton in qld. the compete and utter failure of the MDB health rests on all political parties - state and federal. collectively they have failed the communities, cultural value, the health of the system, and the economics of the region.

i agree if one was to compare the nats and libs would probs be to blame more.. but i hold the failure of the left just as accountable.

... as in stop the political mud slinging. focus on the plan (MDBA). as a state hold your nerve. implement. improve where necessary,

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 10:05pm

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 10:58pm

“What a patronising thing to say”

Credit where credit is due Hiccups. He does do patronising very well. Just ask Bluediamond......

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 12 Feb 2021 at 11:56pm

haha. You saw that too Rabs. Painstaking.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 8:29am

Sorry Blue diamond but much of your post aimed towards me i find patronising,

Your last 100 questions towards me was one of looking down on me suggesting the view i shared is one because i had no real life experience with indigenous people or people of colour.

And obviously my last little comment was based on your past comments towards me, where a number of times including my first interaction with you (which from memory was completely civil on my part) you had to insert some negative line about you having already decided you dont like my views or something.

Basically if you treat people in a certain way you cant complain when you receive the same treatment.

happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 9:55am

bonza regards murray darling basin, you are wrong in your assumption of blame all partys.
barnaby joyce was put in charge of implementing the mdb plan, wayback.
his remit was to show no favour or bias to states or any growers eg rice and cotton, he ignored proof of sabotage of water meters and stealing of water at deprivation of down stream users.
when he was no longer in charge some time later (12mnths?) a reporter on tv asked him about his tenure as fed min for mdb and did he show favour to his state, to which he replied of course he did as he was there to represent his constituents to their benefit.....!?
And to this day no one, msm or politic has called him out for this blatant abuse of office for monetry gain of his "mates" and party donors(?)

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 10:43am

what happy said

memo...'s picture
memo...'s picture
memo... Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 11:07am

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 11:51am

water wars in Australia have been going on since gold was first found. how far should back do wanna take the blame? my critique- in that video the vlogger clearly is having crack at labour about cotton while laying the blame squarely at the libs and nats. but fails to mention any responsibility of the state government which is currently labour.

Water plans are the responsibility of the state. Not the feds,

Their success in dependent on their transparency and public trust. One significant way of doing that is through metering and compliance. QLD only monitor 32 % of their regulated water ways. Compare that to SA at 95% and Victoria at 84% - NSW is 66% (2017 figures). if we don't know what our users are taking then how can regulate and ensure the MDBA goals are being achieved - see NSW water theft 2017.

Federal Labour was also the party who introduced the Basin Plan in 2012 under the 2007 Water Act to deliver 3200GL environmental water. Significantly lower than the MDBA best estimate of 3856 GL (high uncertainty) and 6983 GL (low uncertainty!!

Then the fed libs came in 2013 with approx 1/3 of surface water recovery achieved to date and stopped the water buy backs. replacing it with infrastructure efficiency upgrades. effectively staling the recovery of 450 GL remaining surface enviro water since. worse it may even perversely contributed to a loss of enviro water. we don't really know because our monitoring in some states is inadequate.

barnaby should be hung and quartered for his actions but labour have a lot to answer for to.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 12:01pm

Bonza so riddle me this which party turn water in the basin into a “market” where the highest bidder/speculator wins including non farmers like investment funds?

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 12:19pm

Think it was Howard government yeah? The cap and trade market-base water market has achieved substantial results for water reform. it has allowed farmers to be flexible in drought with their water allowance for economic and environmental benefits. as in during hard hard times they can draw upon a market resource for income to sell to another user willing to pay. thats a win for the land, environment and the farmers pocket.

But yeah also desperately needs reform. and probably need to look beyond a market to reduce perverse outcomes. eg. intensive water use monoculture crops in perennial fruit and nut trees / hops etc in the SMDB and monitoring would help that. they should also look at ground water extraction in particular.

Do you have a better suggestion in how responsible water use should be incentivised for use or non use.

if we don't put a value on it how can we value it?

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 12:36pm

"Sorry Blue diamond but..."

#theresalwaysabut

BTW classic stuff Facto.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 1:12pm

Great just what we need another washed up boomer that thinks its cool to try to be another wanna be Facto wanker and act like a lame 16 year old troll..

Thank god for posters like bonza that actually create well thought balanced post of substance.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Saturday, 13 Feb 2021 at 1:12pm

"Thank god for posters like bonza that actually create post of substance."

You should give it a try sometime....