The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:19pm

OK Sepp?

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/3/20677645/antifa-portlan...

And Info, for the umpteenth time, be-googling Swellnet takes sweet FA time to find whatever you want. All you need are the right search terms and a fully functioning memory.

For example, here's an old one regarding you:

Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:21pm

He's got the gaul?

What, flew him in from a region in western Europe?

Fuck, the fella really will stop at nothing.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:28pm

He's in Margs, Andy. Via Curly and Blacks.

He's CFMMEU too, so maybe he is on Trumpy's radar?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:26pm

Gall. I stand corrected.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:27pm

Hahaha, gold facto

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:38pm

...and the point of that bias opinion piece from a left wing corpro clinton feminism identity politics journal?

...that isn't even talking about the subject at hand btw...

from the article...

"This is clearly incorrect. Ngo is a writer and photographer who contributes to journalistic outlets. That’s journalism, even if you don’t like the content."

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:38pm

...no platforming?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 6:39pm

again

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 7:52pm

Wow that shit is weird so a Vietnamese/American gay man that is a conservative reporter is attacked by Antifa a left wing group that are suppose to be anti fascism but are in reality kind of fascist themselves.

Man the USA is fkd up.

Edit: just watching this, not attacked for the first time, interview from 2019 but seems like it could have been recorded yesterday.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 7:01pm

"He's in Margs, Andy. Via Curly and Blacks."

Fat guy with glasses, used to pretty good at DY in his day?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 7:58pm

The playbook

The-playbook

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 8:20pm

'fraid so

rnc2020

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 8:36pm

no offence westof...

but who really gives a fuck what a bunch of NBA stars think?

especially when thet are so fucking compromised by their ties to china, that a player cannot even show his support for democracy protestors in honk kong with a twitter post ...that's some all kinds of fucked up...

and who really gives a fuck what colin kapernackered thinks?

when he's sponsored by nike, users of slave labour, and a company that has had a woeful record with sweatshop labour for over 30 years... ...slave labour that continues til this very day

nike, once public enemy no.1 for the left, now the left's darling, as they submit to nike's corporate sponsorship of BLM...

bizarre world

slave labour trading billionaires, and neo-liberal marxist facists, brothers in arms...

bizzare indeed...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 8:56pm

Wow, so professional athletes who go on strike, or take a knee during the national anthem, because coppers keep killing unarmed black people are "neo-liberal marxist facists (sic)"
That's next level stuff sypkan. Have you been on the piss?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:03pm

"neo-liberal marxist facists (sic)"

nah, that's you

do keep up...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:02pm

raccoon lives matter

https://mobile.twitter.com/ItsReactor/status/1298247752200196096

these people have spent way too long in the city

(don't watch if u like fluffy stuff)

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:05pm

"....but who really gives a fuck what a bunch of NBA stars think?"

Direct hit on the right foot. Slyppery, the gift that keeps giving. he's the one you really do not want on your team.

"The 2019 NBA Finals were watched by an average of 15.14 million viewers in the United States."

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:22pm

Essential viewing for anyone who wants to genuinely participate in this conversation.

From 20:40 is exactly the issue Blindfly was referring to ....hard facts and data , thoroughly researched and dictating truth.

16:00 lays out hard statistics.

The video is made by an electrical engineer at the federally funded US research facility which designs the US nuclear weapons. He is a dissident in the imposition of critical race theory in a workplace which is supposed to be apolitical. The video is extremely well presented and accounts for its opinions with evidence and data.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:15pm

Like I said before blowin, I'm not clicking any of your links because 99% of the time it just adds one more hit / click to some scumbag racist grifter. I'm not going to support a scumbag's business model just because you think it's an interesting broadcast / read.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:20pm

It’s definitely not the echo chamber you’d choose to frequent Vic Stupid. You seem to find anything considered or nuanced , let alone fact based , too unpleasant to counter. Jog on , bloke.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:31pm

The problem is blowin, your links just end up with the most biased, most racist, and most idiotic sources. I regularly read conservative op-eds, but I just draw the line at your absolute crap, which is usually just racism for profit.
There's a reason why so many of your sources broadcast on YouTube. No organisation with any journalistic integrity would have anything to do with your preferred nutters. Youtube, the broadcasting platform of choice for racists and conspiracy nutters. Maybe try something a little less crackpotty.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 9:41pm

Frame grabs from the video

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 10:04pm

Who is actually producing the YouTube video blowin? Fryer's research is limited to only 10 cities and he did find disproportionate use of non-lethal force on black people by police. So when an electoral engineer publishes a video on YouTube "proving" something that you agree with, using Fryer's research, I'm still going to be highly dubious about the source. What's the bloke's actual name blow in?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 10:18pm

Casey Peterson right?
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.
Fuck me blowin, there's a reason why this bloke only gets quoted by the right wing fringe.
You are just so embarrassing.
Just a little friendly word of advice for you DSDS: When a Nigerian Prince says he wants to put $10 mil in your bank account, he's not actually a Nigerian Prince.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 10:32pm

Hey blowin, did you see the Peterson's video via Zero Hedge? I noticed you've linked them a bunch of time. Come on mate, where have you gone!!!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 11:02pm

Cant say I've heard of Casey Peterson??? Google doesn't really bring anything up other than this video and all the other hits seem to be other Casey Peterson's, throw in right wing and still get no hits???

Me thinks Vic Local clicked on your video saw the name and now acts as though he knows about some random dude, but hey i could be wrong

Anyway only 4 minutes in and the video seem very well balanced and logical so far.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 11:07pm

Caspar Dreaming: Peterson is a nobody. He has no academic background in this field and he's not a journalist. He just released a video on YouTube and got famous for being sacked after he sent 16,000 work colleagues an email with a link to his video.
This is a man with absolutely zero credibility. Caspar, If you find it well balanced, it's not.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 29 Aug 2020 at 11:46pm

If you havent watched the video how do you know if its well balanced or not?

The first 12 minutes of the video is mostly exposing what his company was putting forward as training on critical race theory, which to any sane person is pretty radical and controversial stuff, i doubt many people would agree with the ideas/theories no matter their political views.

Off course we are only taking his word that's what the training contained.

After that maybe it gets more opinionated but still pretty balanced (still haven't finished it).

But you wouldn't like this bit of how Fryers study was conducted, pretty much what i said yesterday about the factors you would need to examine to get a proper picture.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 8:00am

There are some problems with the video Dude. The first is that it IS a video and not an academic paper published in a peer reviewed journal. If the source of the research is an academic, then why is it being presented in a youtube video when its content is clearly of great significance. Claim bias if you like but that is not how high level academia works. If the video is based on a published paper please provide the link.
The second problem is that the statistical analysis is unsophisticated. If you want to have a look at how it should be done have a look at the data on the link that I put up before (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/).
A third problem is that the video, by being long and boring, is designed for people to just grab the take away message and not examine the arguments and data in more detail.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 8:09am

Exactly blowfly. Going to YouTube University to do “research” to find “evidence” for a pre conceived conclusion is just embarrassing.
Yes or no question Caspar/ blowin. Do you two believe there is institutionalised / structural racism in the USA?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 10:08am

funny and informative

https://m.

enjoy while you can, the mob wants a fb ban

of course...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 10:36am

I finished the video, it's very easy to write off anything on Youtube because yes there is a lot of misleading stuff on there that goes against science or just out their wacko stuff, but really Youtube is just a platform and in this case he is just using the platform to expose or challenge what was being taught, which surely can not be backed up with science or facts most of it is quite out there theories and if believed and followed i think most people would agree would surely only fuel racism and division.

How this type of stuff gets taken seriously and makes it into work places or schools etc is mind boggling.

BTW. we all know academia is just as bias, you can find a study or paper to reinforce pretty much any view.

Anyway pretty much pointless discussing it unless you watched the video, at least give it half an hour to get an idea.

One thing that really stood out to me is this idea that "colour blindness is racism?..so if you see people as people instead of by their skin colours and treat them equally apparently you are racist?

That is the craziest concept ever, i grew up in an area that was very multicultural there wasn't African's in the community back then but familys and kids from many different ethnic backgrounds( english, dutch, german, italian, greek, spanish and just weird obscure north European countries) only kids i remember that stood out as different in my mind at school was a Chinese girl and the odd indigenous kid that had very dark skin.

I knew sometimes when i visited friends homes they were different in some way from the different foods or sometimes language parents would speak to their kids, but weirdly i never thought much of it and until recent years with all this race stuff looking back at school photos or reconnecting with social media etc

Now its like wow my friends were from quite diverse backgrounds and even skin colours, most parent were immigrants from somewhere, but even those with quite brown skin i just saw them as being tanned i didn't see them as this or that, looking back now i can't even see how i didnt see some things like the father of some twin brothers i grew up with in the neighbouring street, now i can see is 100% aboriginal, hence why the kids had tanned skin.(mother was white)

But hey as a naive colour blind kid i was apparently racist for seeing people as just people.

As for your question, no doubt in the past it has been an issue is it a real thing today?...maybe it still is in some areas, but i havent seen any evidence, but hey USA is a weird place, i believe they even have black only schools, imagine if there was white only schools? ( racial segregated in a western developed country in 2020, go figure? )

As for evidence in the police force and shootings i haven't seen any evidence, but its pretty obvious that the people most likely to get shot are the ones doing certain crimes and reacting a certain way when encountered by police no matter their skin colour.

It's the same reason men are more likely to be shot than women by police, obviously we dont have a problem with systemic sexism aimed at men.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 10:36am

"in this case he is just using the platform to expose or challenge what was being taught, which surely can not be backed up with science or facts most of it is quite out there theories and if believed and followed i think most people would agree would surely only fuel racism and division.'"

Maybe you will read it, third time lucky! Then you can tell me where you think it is unscientific or lacking in facts. Good luck with that.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6080222/)

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:01am

The 'resurch' work of the Youtube autodidacts. Goes through one set of eyes, and we get the poorly digested shit and piss that comes out the other sets - the brown and Jap's - as 'informed' opinion.

But forget the detritus that passes as content, the intent is the thing.

Take that teenage sucker/shooter for example. Apart from the über-patriot cosplay and Blue Lives Matter cop fetish, one of his other main hobbies was, as he put it, "triggering libtards" under the auspices of being a 'ride or die' Trump supporter.

Triggering libtards. Or rather leftards (especially here in Oz).

An interesting phenomena. Some may say 'game'. One shared in the US, UK, and Oz.

"A substantial part of why I rally for Trump is because of the MSM and the fake left retards telling people who they can and can’t vote for and what they can and can’t think."

Another quote from Kyle Rittenhouse or just another adolescent mind (that isn't eligible to vote anyway)?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 10:54am

"The special instability and surreality of the pandemic is accelerating a kind of collective psychosis in a segment of the American right. This unraveling is being actively encouraged by mainstream right-wing leaders [from Trump to opinion makers like Tucker Carlson], who like caregivers with Munchausen syndrome by proxy are making their charges sick to keep them near.

As a result, a small but rapidly growing contingent of people believe that Trump is fighting a satanist-pedophile-deep state-Jewish-cannibal-Illuminati cabal. [QAnon]

Meanwhile, vastly larger numbers of people believe a sanitized version of this story in which the forces of law and order are holding at bay those of BLM-antifa-Democrat-immigrant-transgender-Marxist darkness. Or, rather, they’re attempting to hold it at bay, but they need assistance, which the proud and brave will willingly provide. [via megaphones like Tucker Carlson direct to Kyle Rittenhouse types]"

https://jacobinmag.com/2020/08/kyle-rittenhouse-qanon-donald-trump-the-r...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:07am

collective psychosis alright

but unlike you, I can see it everywhere

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&client=ms-android-samsung-gj-r...

...and it's all dangerous

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:06am

blowfly, Caspar Dreaming isn't reading any academic study that conflicts with his existing views. He's too busy on YouTube finding stuff to support his opinion.
There's been numerous academic studies that show that the USA has systemic racism. I've seen plenty of studies where academics send out expressions of interests for advertised entry level jobs. Resumes are sent with similar qualifications, but when it comes to getting an interview, Asian, Hispanic, or African America applicants have a much lower chance of getting to interview stage compared to white applicants.
Check out these links
https://www.vox.com/identities/2017/9/18/16307782/study-racism-jobs
https://hbswk.hbs.edu/item/minorities-who-whiten-job-resumes-get-more-in...
But hey, I'm sure Caspar dreaming will be able to explain why some unqualified YouTuber is more credible than academics who do serious peer-reviewed research with actual statistical back up.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:09am

I imagine it'll be the same reason why a police officer is more reliable a source on epidemics than a medical doctor.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:40am

The ability of idiot-conservatives to avoid expert opinion and hold up the opinions of unqualified people is truly staggering. These Youtube researches are the types of people who don't go to doctors because "what would those egg heads know" and get their medical advice from Mick at the pub, because he cured something similar with natural remedies.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:52am

BB It's quite obviously misleading and full of holes, his Youtube video goes into a few of the reasons why those types of figures are often misleading.

I will give you another example: focusing on statistics based on things like being armed or unarmed etc

Seems logical at first, but it's also misleading, there is just so many different scenarios and factors that are just as important but ignored.

Lets take a situation where police pulls up someone, its dark and the person is high on something, they are not coporating and yelling out abuse, the police move towards them guns ready telling them to get on the ground but instead the person reaches into pocket/jeans/bag or whatever and appears to pull out something and quickly turn the polices way, the cop is sure its a gun and shots first the guys dies but as they get closer they see in the guys hand is a wallet.

Stats see this scenario as a cop shooting an unarmed suspect, but obviously there is a bigger more complex picture.

Pretty much every incident has a much bigger picture, that called real life, something these studies often ignore.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:44am

Trigger happy society = trigger happy police.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:57am

"The ability of idiot-conservatives to avoid expert opinion and hold up the opinions of unqualified people is truly staggering. These Youtube researches are the types of people who don't go to doctors because "what would those egg heads know" and get their medical advice from Mick at the pub, because he cured something similar with natural remedies."

This scenario would be much more likely if the person was a new age hippy type, which are much more likely to be left leaning.

Conservatives are generally pretty traditional in nature and not into alternative treatments, off course there is always exceptions especially with anyone with more radical views.

BTW. Having an Asian wife with brown skin i can tell you, that things have changed, in many cases she is no longer at a disadvantage when applying for work, if her qualifications are the same as a white person who has applied in many work forces especially larger companies, she would arguably have more chance over a white person, because companies now want to appear diverse and multicultural, she has even been told from someone at a high level for a large business in my area that if a position comes up she would be pushed to the front of applications being both local and of colour. (for this diversity reason)

BTW. Go in any Mcdonalds these days and you will see this factor at play.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:52am

Do you take notes when you're Youtube researching?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:53am

Says the guy that post endless links to totally obscure websites as evidence on anything and everything.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:58am

"BTW. Having an Asian wife with brown skin i can tell you, that things have changed, in many cases she is no longer at a disadvantage when applying for work, if her qualifications are the same as a white person who has applied in many work forces especially larger companies, she would arguably have more chance over a white person, because companies now want to appear diverse and multicultural, she has even been told from someone at a high level for a large business in my area that if a position comes up she would be pushed the front being local and of colour fir this very reason."

same at centrelinks

...any government office for that matter

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 11:59am

That you don't READ, Info. No doubt.

You do realise there's a difference in learning experience.

So no notes from Youtube?

Carry on...

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:02pm

So third time wasn't lucky then.
"Future analyses should further examine the possibility of statistically distinct subtypes of legal intervention cases, compare mortality data with nonfatal injuries, and examine the sequence of events within the incident in more detail (e.g., how many began with a traffic stop or other routine event and then escalated versus police contact initiated directly because of a more serious index event). Further research is also needed to examine the effectiveness of training programs and policy initiatives aimed at reducing the use of lethal force while maintaining the health and safety of officers and communities."

"Future analyses" implying a competent and thorough investigation at a high academic standard as opposed to a white supremacist having a rave on youtube with dubious data and no meaningful statistical analysis. You know one of the things that gives away the complete lack of intellectual integrity in your posts is the big SWITCH. This is the one in which academics publishing in their own area of expertise in peer reviewed journals are dismissed out of hand as biased, while ANYONE with any type of academic qualification supporting Trump or opposing BLM, is hailed as the fount of all knowledge. Creepy stuff!

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:03pm

Wow. So I show you some rock solid peer-reviewed research showing systemic racism in the US job market, and you reply with my wife is Asian and it's not a problem in Australia. Then sypkan chimes in with Australia's Centrelink with no evidence.
Yes my eyes are rolling.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:05pm

Reading's too hard, man.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Sunday, 30 Aug 2020 at 12:05pm

"Systemic racism so ingrained in USA culture the public voted in an African American president (pretty much the most powerful job in the world)

End of debate."