The United States(!) of A

factotum's picture
factotum started the topic in Thursday, 27 Aug 2020 at 11:12am

Septic Tanks are going to Septic Tank

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020 at 8:18pm

Oops. Posted twice. Saves me from doubling down I guess.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020 at 9:59pm

Yo Hiccups, Info is a specimen to be kind of studied.
The intent, never the content, of his goofy comments is sorta interesting. Actually, that's not true. It ain't. They're not even funny (ha ha or strange) anymore either. Sad? Hmmmmm...nup. Banality of ev-...pffft.
Soul deadening? Don't even hit those heights or plumb those lows.
Maybe like bathroom mould and Scomo (scummo!), he just is.

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Wednesday, 14 Oct 2020 at 10:28pm

“The Proud boys are just like a bikie club most of the time they dont cause any issues most of the time they are just up for an excuse to drink piss and do some serious male bonding”

Your implication that members of Outlaw Motorcycle Gangs are harmless most of the time is just pure bullshit. For someone that has a strong opinion on a lot of issues it’s simply breathtaking that you continue to spout such willfully ignorant crap. Ever been intimidated by an OMG? You know, when their not just bonding & shit....

Carry on though mate. You’ve got plenty of support on here...

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 1:06am

I've kinda got a good story about that Rabs. Years ago I was at Fishos on the Goldy on a weeknight, pretty quiet, can't even remember why I was there. I was barely 20 years old and while not small, pretty lean. I went for a wee and was alone when just as I was about to start pissing, half a dozen patched Finks walked in and stood either side of me. Instant stage fright washed over me and I'm trying to be cool. Huge gorilla beside me said "havin' a bit of trouble mate?". I replied "nah, I'm cool, I'll get there". He just laughed and slapped me on the back with his plate sized hand.

They finished up and walked out and I reckon it was at least two minutes till I squeezed out my first drop of piss.

Strange thing is, the thing I remember the most- not one of the fuckers washed their hands.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 8:18am

"I like how hiccups is about the 17th username that you post under"

Ha ha aint that the truth...just plain weird.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 8:41am

This video was interesting too

The way he describes the Proud boys "We are a drinking club with a patriot problem"

The leader of the Proud boys apparently is mixed African & Cuban decent and the chapter he also runs is made up of 90% Cuban guys.

BTW. i did read something about how these patriot type groups are popular in USA with Cuban Americans due to Cuban history.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 10:20am

Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel. Scoundrels also don't mind trying to undermine people's opinions on message boards by asserting that a new member with a similar mindset to an existing user, must be someone they don't like using a different pseudonym. Maybe you could punch out your thoughts under a different username info. Perhaps try to express yourself in a manner which doesn't resemble that of a clueless imbecile.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 9:25am

nyuk nyuk nyuk

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 10:44am

Hicups, Facto has a very long history of posting under different names, and your profile name, pic and your comments tick all the boxes of just being another of Factos fake profiles.

If you want people to believe you aren't just another of Factos fake profiles start playing the ball instead of the man and people might believe you.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 10:51am

"..... start playing the ball instead of the man and ...." Mmm, except at Dandy Markets

nyuk nyuk nyuk

but we digress, I don't think the Proud Boys are all that dangerous, just some lads out to have fun

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 4:11pm

'If you want people to believe you aren't just another of Factos fake profiles start playing the ball instead of the man and people might believe you."

And the point of that would be? All you do is refute clear, factual information, and try to obtusely back up your own spurious and ignorant claims with the sort of poppycock that one would expect to find on their redneck uncle's FB page. I wouldn't bother playing the ball when it comes to you.

I don't know why anyone responding to you bothers really. Myself included. Maybe, like me, they hate the idea of sharing the ocean with such a odious clod.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 6:17pm

From 2017:

"Play the ball not the man" - Info Dreemin'

Fuck, the ball is caked with shit, misshapen, dead-flat and useless.

Actually, so is the 'man'."

Hahahahahahaha. Plus ça change, plus c’est pariel!

Watch out Hiccups, Info's warm lettuce leaf flogging is brutal!

Meanwhile in America...

"Between his recent appeal to a right-wing gang and his campaign’s creation of an “army” for “election security,” Mister Donald Trump and his allies have fueled concerns in recent weeks that voters will experience intimidation at their polling places.

Georgetown Law’s Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection published a website last Friday that may help: A state-by-state guide to the laws governing “unauthorized private militia groups,” as well as a checklist for voters to consult if they see a militia at the polls. Look up your state’s laws here.

Most of these "militias" are basically no better than gangs, and they're probably unlawful. But because most cops are fascist bootlickers and have a raging boner for white men with guns, they don't do shit about it."

https://www.law.georgetown.edu/icap/our-work/addressing-the-rise-of-unla...

Jeez, at our elections we just have to worry about the state of the snags, or if there's any sauce left!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 1:36pm

Vicious

Saw Lou and the band in 75 at Festival Hall as a 16 year old.
The concert opened with this

Rock N Roll Animal and Transformer straight

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 1:49pm

Fuck. That would have been amazing GS!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:04pm

Epic songs GS.
That intro to Sweet Jane is one of my favourite bits of music, just a classic bit of 70's coke swagger played by a really good band.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:23pm

Thanks to my older brother and his mates I saw lots of good bands early, yeah it was an epic

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:32pm

Guy,saw the Stones at Kooyong in 1973 as a thirteen year old, free tickets, my first live show. Nothing was the same after that.
"Rock'n'Roll Animal", "Get yer Ya Ya's Out", and BBKing "Live at the Regal" were then and still are today, some of my favorites from that era.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:34pm

adam12, you've won Swellnet for the day. nobody is going to top that.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:35pm

One of my biggest regrets in my life was not taking my younger brother to see Nirvana even though I got in for free via a bloke I knew who was a bouncer at Fisho's and getting free drinks all day cause I knew a chick behind the bar.

I was just a selfish bastard who thought he would be cramping my style when in actuality, my bro is a pretty cool cat and I was the wanker with the style problem.

Sorry mate- if I could take it back I would.

Good on you Guy for a having a better older brother than I was.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:49pm

don't be too hard on yourself zen.
my older brother listened to billy joel, america, steve winwood and supertramp. no use at all.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 2:52pm

My brother saw Led Zeppelin at Kooyong. I also saw BBKing I think at the old Dallas Brooks Hall. Saw Ravi Shankar there too.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 3:05pm

Fuck I am old,,,went to the led Zep concert at Kooyong......saw BB King at the Dallas Brooks with a guest appearance from Harvey Mandel...one of the worlds best flute players.......

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 3:14pm

Dunno why you hijacked this thread with music chatter Guy, but it's a welcome interlude.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 3:55pm

Hiccups

FFS You post shite like this.

"They've aligned themselves with white supremacists and their founder is an anti semite, so yeah. That should be enough now shouldn't it."

Yeah because you read and article in the Guardian that said so.

When they are telling you they have nothing to do with white supremacist dont want to be aligned with white supremscist, they don't want white supremest in their group, and the leader is African/Cuban and the chapter her runs is 90% Cuban.

But yeah there a white supremacist group.

And you say " I dont know my arse from my elbow" and say i think i know it all, mate if you aren't another fake facto profile that's even sadder.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 3:57pm

I said "They've aligned themselves with white supremacists"

What's the operative word here? No wonder yr a youtube resurcher, Yr reading comprehension is abysmal.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 4:02pm

Whatever dude, i really don't have an interest in communicating with you, you are just another troll type poster that plays the man and not the ball.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 4:18pm

Wow Indo, you really have lost the plot.
The FBI have label the Proud Boys as an extremist organisation and their links to neo-nazis are easy to find. But you believe their PR piece.
I suppose you believe Hanson when she keeps yelling in her shrill bogan voice "I AM NOT A RACIST".

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:04pm

Great story Zen, made me laugh.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:09pm

I'm still waiting for you Vic to name someone on here that you think is a bona-fide pure racist?

And Hiccups, just because someones reading and comprehension might be a little wanting, does that automatically negate them from having an opinion regardless of how ill-informed they may or may not be?

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:18pm

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:18pm

Of course not. But opinions, formed by suspect information framed as fact, have a habit of being called out. I would like to know what a "bona-fide pure racist" is though. You don't have to a genocidal maniac to be a fucken racist.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:33pm

I've made this recommendation before, its in my top 3 movies of all time ............. here Gene Hackman lets a room of good ole (proud) boys know who's who .....

While the 1988 movie is loosely based on real life (1964 murders) the dialogue in this scene is as true today as it was back then,

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:42pm

Great movie guy.

You can be intolerant, prejudiced to a degree, ignorant, ill-informed or just simply not like someone. That doesn't make you racist.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 5:58pm

I've switched channels zen, can't be arsed arguing with shite meisters. Fuckstick proud boys armed with machine guns storming city hall and court buildings some of whom go onto to be charged on terrorism charges by the FBI can never defended.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm

Well Guy, you can grab the cartoon racists by the balls Hackman style, or you can do it like this to the more usual and frequent suspects:

Either way works.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 6:09pm

I'm calling Hiccups as being yet another profile of BB,

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 6:13pm

Can someone actually explain how this works though?

A supposably white supremacy group, that has been clear about not supporting white supremacy and who's leader is of African/Cuban decent and who's members are ethnically diverse and some chapters up to 90% people of colour (Cuban)

Who seem to mostly fight against or with Antifa that from all the videos I've seen seem to mostly be white guys and aren't really a movement about race but pretty much just an anarchist group with a catchy name.

It seems the only reason they are labeled a white supremacy group is because the guy who started the group has been controversial in that area, but even he has distanced himself from the group calling them "alt light" a term to describe far right groups that reject white nationalism.

Anyway the whole proud boys thing has just be a distraction from Antifa.

Imagine if a right wing group had been doing what they have been doing for months on end, the media and left would be in melt down, its just mind boggling how they somehow get a free pass.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 7:29pm

I think you might be right Fitz, but I hope not.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 15 Oct 2020 at 8:54pm

In what way are antifa getting a 'free pass' Indo? The conservative media has been continually making them into the latest boogey-man. According to some they are doing nothing short of insurrection and coup attempts.

I shudder to think of what would constitute them not getting a 'free pass' in your eyes.

Never mind that there has been actual literal planning of insurrection by far right groups plotting to abduct and/or murder democratically elected leaders. Those responsible for this are rightly in custody right now.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 1:12am

Broken.

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 1:38am

Antifa has led riots and violent uprisings al over the states including over 100 nights of rioting, arson, vandalism, violence and general anarchic chaos in Portland. Pretty sure that fits the description of insurrection pretty accurately. It’s not a conspiracy theory, no the whole city hasn’t fallen to anarchy, but every night there is extremely antisocial and Violent behaviour directed at the government on SOME streets in Portland fueled by Antifa ideology.

And it’s not exactly a coup but there was the embarrassing joke that was the inner city area in Seattle which became known as CHAZ after being taken over by Antifa activists who declared it its own state, not part of the US. Setting up borders and patrolling them with thugs armed with semi automatic guns. At least one person was murdered there in its short history. They also planted perhaps the most ridiculous vege patch ever.

These extremists were given free pass by the Democratic Mayor Jennifer Durkin Who welcomed them with the wonderful phrase “summer of love” and hindered the Police chief from administering the law. The then police chief resigned. Donald Trump said that if he has to he will use military police to sort it out, because a decent chunk of Seattle had been taken over by extremists after all. Then the Mayor and much of the US media start claiming Trump wants to start enforcing martial law like the fascist dictators they fantasise about.

There are definitely states in America where Antifa pretty much gets a free pass and the way they behave, how authoritarian they are, I’m sure if they had the squids to pull it they would have had there coup already, Trump would be a headless corpse, year zero declared and Utopia realised.

Antifa, anti fascist, with a name like anti fascist you kinda have to be anti fascist right? Wrong Antifa is not about fascism. The US does not have a problem with fascism.

Antifa is at best an unfunny joke stoking the flames of division in the US.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 7:54am

Seen the bloke flying in a jet pack near LAX again. This time spotted by a China Airlines aircraft near 6,000 feet.
Check CNN.
Ripper!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 8:16am

Sickaz

Thank you couldn't have said it any better JQ obviously hasn't been following the issue, especially Portland.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 11:15am

A simple equation (of sorts) for simple minds:

No historical context + no basic ideological framework + media led and fed ideas and opinions (corporate, establishment, social, and otherwise) = ??

Confused regurgitative nonsense.

OK, so it isn't E = MC squared, or even 2 + 2 = 22, but it gets the job done, or rather NOT, especially on here.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 11:36am

Or if maths and equations and sums and shit ain't your bag, howzabout some quotations?

Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."

- Isaac Asimov

Or (paraphrased...even moreso!) song lyrics?

Ultracrepidarians of the world, unite and take over.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 11:33am

Memes?

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 2:16pm

This guy is classic.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 2:28pm

"...No historical context + no basic ideological framework + media led and fed ideas and opinions (corporate, establishment, social, and otherwise) = ??

Confused regurgitative nonsense."

so give it to us factsobum. ...give us your 'analysis' ....your 'intellectualism' on the subject?

you're good at cutting everyone down, in your meanest of 'mean girls' manner little routine. but you give us nothing, no ideas, no insight, no solutions, nothing, just negativity and more condescending crap

are you void of ideas? short of suggesting dated articles about proletariat versus power relationship arguments? articles that are neither new or enlightening, or even remotely revealing...

gives us your rundown, your vision, your analysis, your view, ...where all this madness is heading?

genuinely interested... seriously...

or you could just continue being a snide little irrelelvant bitch

Sickaz's picture
Sickaz's picture
Sickaz Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 10:20pm

From what I gather, with facto it’s more like 2+2=5.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 16 Oct 2020 at 10:38pm

In fairness to Facto though, he puts up tons of cool stuff and articles and links that I never would have even contemplated looking at in the past.