The App

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell started the topic in Saturday, 18 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 1 May 2020 at 5:43pm

"The fact that China is racist does not justify racism here"

Cromwell you're the only one who sees racism here.

Maybe reflect and give it a rest?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 5:49pm

Zzzzzzzz

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 5:49pm

If you can't see blow in's years of bog-standard bigotry for what it is and what it has has always been, Andy, then what is there to say?

Normalisation complete.

You've lost something.

And so have these threads.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 5:55pm

Zzzzzzzzzzz

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 1 May 2020 at 5:59pm

I thought we were talking about Evo right now?
Not racist as far as I'm concerned.

And as I've said elsewhere, I don't support Blowin maybe 90% of the time because I either flat out don't agree and/or he lays it on too thick.

And yes, there have been times when I've taken him to task when I've disagreed.
And there have been many times when I say nothing - I've had a go at the "the standard you walk past is the standard you accept" theory and it leads to a shitload of conflict.
I'm quite capable of maintaining my opinions without going in to battle every time, you need to give me credit for that.

mattlock's picture
mattlock's picture
mattlock Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:12pm

I'm backing Stu an the semantic point regarding Evo's comment.
However ever I recall a comment from Blowin that the Chinese are racist therefore that justifies racism towards them. That is a cop out lacking dignity and showing a tendency towards racism.
Buuuut you cannot trust the CCP. They drove tanks over their OWN people.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:22pm

Always with the tanks. The bloody tanks- yes they did run over a few pesky people wishing to have a say in determining their own future and they did shoot unarmed students in cold blood.

But it's always about the tanks.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:25pm

I mean, so he touched a few children...

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:33pm

Cromwell you seriously need a life to carry on about this. Did I drop in
on you somewhere, hope I did for all the crap that spews out of your
mouth in fact I would make a point of dropping in on you every opportunity
possible just so I could call you a dirty little rat.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:40pm

evosurfer, I stand by what I said your post was reprehensible. Your only possible excuse for posting such a gross racist slur is ignorance of the history of that particular insult. A word of advice re drop ins......I think they are technically illegal under the present social distancing.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 1 May 2020 at 7:07pm

It's not your fault evo, you're just dumb and ignorant.

You're onto a winner Cromwell, well done, no one does diplomacy like you!

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:48pm

hey cromwell RATFACE I would gladly pay the $1000 fine just to look
at youre rat teeth as I burn you and get pitted.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 1 May 2020 at 6:49pm

Fkn lol evo

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Friday, 1 May 2020 at 7:00pm

If you are in China it's tanks? what tanks?

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Friday, 1 May 2020 at 7:18pm

Oh no, the gang doesn’t like me. I think I’ll go home and eat dirt. Ha ha ha. Do your worst, it’s a hoot. I might give you a few hints on better technique later, just a bit busy at the moment.

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:09pm

chromewell the swellnet saviour! , fighting racism and injustice wherever he goes (on the internet) for the good of the Peoples Republic .

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:18pm

Everytime I look at these threads I feel like I’m staring into the abyss.

It’s, in almost equal parts, fascinating, horrifying and enlightening.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 1 May 2020 at 8:30pm

@Etarip, I feel the same way sometimes.

Better days to come, hopefully.

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell's picture
Cromwell Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:17pm

Now Andy, is that meant to suggest that I am a paedophile? A man just might, without being labelled unreasonable, take offence at the suggestion.......... so here you go. Prove your manhood say it out loud. You know my name. Put it out there yeh? Or not. Probably not. No you’ll just crawl back under a rock and wait for Blowin to come along and mark his territory in usual doggy fashion. But hey, thanks for all the fun. A man needs a laugh in times like these and you and Blowin and the rest of the doggy pack have given me hours of amusement and I do understand that maybe the experience hasn’t been so positive for you so go for it mate. Put it up, my name and the worst you can do.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 3 May 2020 at 11:47am

Misapprehensionable

Appartheid 5 (App Wars)

Here's why Australia rushed the app & why NZ is stalling with the Covid App.
AWS run both Oz / NZ Security Clouds & Apps & everything.

All Phones ( Universal ) are set to click @ 2m
Phone Towers < > Bluetooth Beacons triangulate poorly in larger Countries.
Meaning apps need to reign in Social Distancing Measures in Larger Countries.
We see this being played out around the world & on our doorstep.

Example (None can find Health distances to reflect varying Nation's distancing)
Techs say : Apple/Google CEO's are only into the Health aspect to test the links.
This very much rears it's ugly head when neighbours with same tech are at odds.

The OZ vs NZ App/s political security weapon is ready to explode.
(Weaker) PM can bumble an App then corner his "rival" into a checkmate.

Australia Govt : Tech Capacity crams 1.5m Social Distance for API connection.
NZ Govt /Europe Tech Capacity extends 2m Social Distance for API connection.
Oz Govt NBN crashes (International Joke) vs NZ www is strong, reliable & secure.
https://covid19.govt.nz/covid-19/how-were-uniting/physical-distancing/

OZ PM don't care if NZ can afford to be 25% more cautious with Social Distancing.
Crew can already see what comes next....most astute observation...

Here comes the sucker punch...
Oz PM bumbles over a shitty gamer App with 1% hit rate...
What is vital is that he got in first to exploit the Coronavirus (SD) end game.
Churchill : "Never waste a Good crisis!"

(2m) NZ PM can't very well backdown to AWS Oz 1.5m app ...can she now?
Branded as NZ coward or lazy uncaring bitch or Oz enemy by not adopting 1.5m.

a) NZ PM relaxes Social Distancing down to dangerously shitty OZ NBN 1.5m grid.
b) NZ PM installs Govt 2m App then all must Quarantine after Oz return flights.
c) NZ PM chooses either or none then she is branded a witch + (OZ PM sniggers!)

tbb asks: What would the crew advise to prevent an international incident.
Black vs White vs Aussie vs 1st Nation vs kiwi vs Maori are less of travel risk!
Oz [1.5m] vs NZ [2m] (See you in court bitch!) 'Can't see that ever resolving.'
So is this a new thing!
tbb thinks SD may have originated here, gotta be some sheep dip war thingy?

Crew are on the ball...
Odd Apps self Police weeky / fortnightly & constantly record breaches of law.
International Quarantine Rules at best > Monthy NZ/OZ (PM-VIP/NRL flights)
Although Border Force would fine any repeated deliberate monthly breaches.

PM's religion/s either breached or were pardoned from Quarantine...
OZ /State Borders/Travel/Planes/Ships/Roads/Prisons/Courts/Media/Crowd Event Sizes

PM is now considering breaching NZ quarantine just for his Footy...Where does it stop!
App has given OZ PM total control over OZ/NZ security...NZ are now the PM's slaves.

Start a war if NZ rightly quarantine NZ players then OZ PM polls soar higher/faster.
Channel 9 Footy Show Mole: "That NZ bitch is trying to shut down our NRL."

OZ PM is so full of himself as he violates Oz & NZ law using Covid-19 as his shield.
tbb insists PM is impeding on neighbours Sovereignty. World needs to call it out!

[Disclaimer] tbb is not a Kiwi nor Phone user so don't believe his made up 'story!'
If you want to live...set yer Radio for PM's Hourly App Address & touch nothing!

Pupkin's picture
Pupkin's picture
Pupkin Friday, 1 May 2020 at 9:23pm

2GB or not 2GB?

That is the question.

Gloria! Gloria!

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 1 May 2020 at 10:29pm

You think that was aimed at you Cromwell?

Mate sorry to disappoint you but I don't think about you that often.

Edit: I wasn't going to bother but now I will.

Read the two posts prior to the South Park one and join the dots.

In any case I'm done with you.

inzider's picture
inzider's picture
inzider Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 6:56am

It's not just tanks runing over people.
Recently (until virus made me unemployed) was working with an ex monk from tibet. His first hand accounts of chinese military murder is harrowing.
His personal story of hiking through the Himalayas for 21 nights evading the army trying to wipe them out surviving on water alone was rather eye opening.
The Chinese govt are flat out fucked up wankers.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 9:16am

I have a kinda cute story.

I've been to China a couple of times, once for business, once for pleasure. My wife and I visited Qingdao home of the Tsingtao (Spelling?) beer factory and quite a nice city in its own right. On the last night and staying in a reasonably posh hotel we went down to the lobby bar for a drink. I thought we'd lash out so ordered a bottle of French champagne from the surly waitress. She kinda huffed away and came back with our bottle and two old-fashioned glasses, no ice bucket. I said could we have an ice bucket? She said coldly no. I totally understand english was not her strength so let it slide. I then asked do you have any champagne flutes or something a bit nicer? With a roll of her eyes she huffed off and came back with two big pilsner glasses and slapped them down, Ok, we aren't getting champagne flutes or saucers. I then asked can I sign this to our room- she snapped back "no- you pay now!" I tried to protest she just said louder "now!".

So after she stormed off I had to open the bottle myself and poured two beer glasses of champagne and enjoyed the ambiance while our bottle rapidly warmed before us. Wasn't as romantic as it sounds.

First world problem and all that but still gives us a laugh.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 9:36am

Saw this on someones FB post, I'm sure it's right up a few peoples alley

working on my power structure knowledge:

reptilians
zionist bankers
secret societies
technocrats
corporations
CIA
FBI
government
military
police
media
celebrities
general public

did i miss anything?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 9:57am

Tanks?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 10:06am

You forgot the sheeple at the bottom of the list

Except for the reptile things it’s pretty freaken accurate. Maybe replace them with Oligarchs.

I’d put police below celebrities too.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 10:54am

Hopefully by 'secret societies' the author is including paedophile rings, otherwise they haven't done their research to join the dots to find out the truth etc etc.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 11:05am

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 12:09pm

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 12:36pm

Alright so no app talk maybe its far to risky?

Zen out of interest any chance your encounter was due to your Japanese wife?

The capital investment (2017) into Australia from China was $116 bil that includes Hong Kong the US was $836 bil

I was wondering when the light switched on about the evils of China and what actions should be taken given its been going on since Mao?

Interested if the opponents of China (CCP) like to hand back their wealth made from exports to China?
You could be like the modern day ANZACs put it all on the line defending Australia's freedoms perhaps.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 12:57pm

"Interested if the opponents of China (CCP) like to hand back their wealth made from exports to China?"

Sounds a little like the big oil accusation: don't like oil exploration but happy to ride PU boards.

Or the climate change accusation: don't like greenhouse gases but happy to drive a car etc.

Thing is, individuals don't have control over the way various systems operate. They can gather forces and try to steer them, which is what's happening now with all those movements, but the cry of hypocrisy is misplaced.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 1:03pm

Never really occurred to me I-F. Maybe.

I think she was just a bit frazzled and seemed to be cranky with everyone.

For the record, I really enjoyed my visits to China, we had killer Peking duck and the best dumplings. Friendly service is not their strong point though anywhere you go.

As an aside, speaking of tracking- when I was in Shanghai on a business trip before our breakfast meeting a couple of colleagues and I decided to go for a walk. I swear to this day we were being tailed by a couple of guys. For the best part of an hour these two blokes wearing these cheap daggy suits tailed us everywhere we walked. Kinda turned into a game as they tried to look inconspicuous as we ambled around. They didn't follow us back into the hotel though. I always wondered what they were up to?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 1:22pm

Three things about Shanghai- the MagLev train from the airport in to the city is a phenomenal piece of engineering. I never saw blue sky once, the pollution is next level. There's a touristy area called the Bun, or Bung or something like that. So many beggars, you can't rest. But, that aside, it's a pretty fun place to be.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 2:44pm

"Sounds a little like the big oil accusation: don't like oil exploration but happy to ride PU boards.

Or the climate change accusation: don't like greenhouse gases but happy to drive a car etc.

Thing is, individuals don't have control over the way various systems operate. They can gather forces and try to steer them, which is what's happening now with all those movements, but the cry of hypocrisy is misplaced."

Yeah agree it was a poor construct Stu.
Just getting sick of the rantings.

Zen I never got a taste for dumplings

podrig's picture
podrig's picture
podrig Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 2:59pm

So... we've lost all interest in the app then?

Has anyone here downloaded it?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 3:12pm

@podrig

About six people here in this thread (include's me) have said they have about the same have said they wont.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 5:15pm

" the ABC has confirmed that if a person tests positive to coronavirus today, the information on the app will be of no use to health authorities because the states and territories are yet to finalise how the data can be used.

"The rules on privacy are being finalised, along with final IT testing," a Department of Health spokesman said."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-02/coronavirus-app-currently-not-ful...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 5:31pm

And then goes on too say:

"The system will be operational next week ahead of the decision on possible easing of restrictions."

Deputy Chief Medical Officer Michael Kidd conceded there had been a delay in health officials being able to access the data.

"This [the app] has been implemented very quickly," he said.

"What we're doing is making sure that the operations are going to work appropriately and safely, but also [making] sure that the people in the contact-tracing facilities in the states and territories are trained on how to use the app, and how to use it appropriately."

He said the app was already logging users' close contacts, and that information could be accessed at a later date.

"That facility is still to go live, that will be happening during the current week," he said.

"But the important thing is that if people have downloaded the app and they have it running in the background on their phone, it's already gathering details of people you've been in close contact with.

"There's a delay from now until when the contact tracer in the state or territory where you are based has activated the system."

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 5:34pm

Quite simply the quicker the app was put out, the quicker the ball gets rolling, the most important thing is to build up numbers of app users because the more people that download the more useful it becomes.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 6:36pm

On Thursday my daughter came to Bunnings with me, and she genuinely enjoyed getting out. It was her first time in a car for the week and she told me it was the highlight of her week. All she’d done was study, (it’s her first year of uni) and walk the dogs.
On Friday she opened an email from her Uni telling her they are unlikely to resume on campus lectures this year.

She cried.

Have a good surf tomorrow surfies, don’t worry about covid too much, it’s kind of like a holiday anyway, and the strong Australians are doing the heavy lifting for you & me

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 6:45pm

You’d better not show that picture to Facto.

He thinks the world exists on sunshine and sugar.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 7:01pm

Oh! Here he is! AndyM from Coates Hire with his cherry picker!

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 8:09pm

That picture has been floating around a lot lately great detail and a lot of thought and meaning .Now what does it personally mean to you?It must stir something for it to be worthy of you to let us all be subjected to the image.Let us know and I will fill you in what I see in that image and what it invokes in me.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 8:58pm

Haha, guilty as charged Joanie!

Not that I'm incorrect mind you.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 9:25pm

Snuffy ...what does the image mean to you ?

Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith's picture
Snuffy Smith Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 9:35pm

Everything the whole spectrum from betrayal to hope and back again when will we ever learn.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 2 May 2020 at 11:07pm

Snuffy ... I agree with you , but I also think it says that freedom and hope comes at a price.

It’s very relevant right now. Fuck....it’s always relevant.

Nature dictates continuous competition to maximise genetic potential.

It’s a shame that it pits human vs human ....but that is nature and it’s natural.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Sunday, 3 May 2020 at 8:42am

Australia’s top Wuflu adviser to the WHO won’t download the App.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/half-of-us-say-we-support-the-co...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 3 May 2020 at 8:59am

I think the government is making a wrong move in looking at lifting restrictions.

Scomo should be saying you want restrictions lifted down load the app, once we hit 40% take up we will lift restrictions.

Doing this put the decision in the hands of the public on when restrictions lift, obviously people would cry blackmail or some other BS, but its just the reality of the situation, if you dont have the numbers for the app, you are far less prepared in being able to control outbreaks and much more likely to see a second wave.

Which IMHO is bound to happen if restrictions are lifted, it's just to what extent.