The App

Cromwell's picture
Cromwell started the topic in Saturday, 18 Apr 2020 at 8:24pm

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Friday, 8 May 2020 at 7:41am

Wow.
Anyway I have found it interesting in this incredibly volatile and Challenging time to try and see where it’s all going and the bigger picture . And it IS a war we are in ( some presidents have stated) . I just don’t have a lot of faith in this gov ever since the horrific bushfires and the whole way that was handled it was disgusting . Still is . Yet people are either forgetting or have their heads buried in the sand . Murdoch Media has a lot to answer for this . And we have been fed a lot of lies and conflicting information from gov and there has been not enough transparency. Sorry but to me that’s not gd enough .

Going for a surf see ya

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 7:47am

Haha classic, Ben!

Saltyone - you research like Brent. Some truth mixed in with speculation and biased opinion. Unfortunately research is not as simple as using the google search engine.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 7:51am

@shortenism

Mate you can do your own research on why they might be connected if they are.

It honestly it really pisses me off that tin foil hat losers like you lap up and spread all kinds of BS on decent people.

Call Bill Gates a capitalist if you will, but he also does a lot go good shit, if every super rich business man did the same as he did the world would be a much better place.

Yes Bill Gates wants a vaccine to this as we all do and he is willing to put his money where his mouth is, he even donated 10 million to a COVID-19 trial being run in Melbourne a few days ago.

Not sure if that was part of the 125 million he donated few days ago to various other aspects of helping find a vaccine for Covid-19

https://www.gatesfoundation.org/Media-Center/Press-Releases/2020/05/Bill...

He is currently number one target for anti vaxers and conspiracy theory losers at the moment with disinformation and blatant lies, trying to discredit him and discredit vaccines in general.

Anyway talking to you is pointless you are going to believe whatever BS people thrown out there.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 8:01am

Ha ha that video is gold and even more ironic after Saltyone's post.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 8 May 2020 at 8:05am

Classic video!

Eugene Green's picture
Eugene Green's picture
Eugene Green Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:08am

Does anyone commenting here know anyone that had contracted the virus? Or know someone that knows someone? A friend of a friend of a frieinds uncles cousins neighbor.? Anyone......?

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:14am

Yup.
One uncle, two cousins.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:15am

Uncle is still messed up more than 6 weeks after catching it.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:39am

Guy that I occasionally surf with has an elderly aunty that contracted it and died.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:19am

Old shortenism and others keep raising a bigger picture and Indo et al keep fiercely rejecting it. You dont want to see it, can't see it, not ready to see it, whatever. Diversity is a wonderful thing. Perhaps just apply your fault finding skills to the camp you are supporting / defending and Arthur F, Icke and all the others sharing information will look like a teddy bears picnic.

A lawyer friend once told me that when it gets personal in the court room you are winning. Indo, aplying this to your comments like 'losers like you'?? That is telling. And my naturopath just the other day, went on to say you can't un-hear, un-read or un-see. So from that perspective we're all winning on here at one level and we'll see where it all goes.

& shoredump who in the midst of free flowing debate came out from his keyboard chest pumping to shine a light on someone but then when the light got shone on him.....??

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:25am

Shortenism, it's not a 'bigger picture' though. It's a pile of frankly delusional horse shite.

It saddens me seeing individuals like yourself who've lost (or never had) the ability to judge what is and isn't a reliable source. I hope you can get the help that you so clearly need. This stuff you are promoting is not true, it is delusional. It's not harmless either, this crap can cause people real harm, economically, mentally and physically.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:41am

Don't worry JQ, shortenism's naturopath has the cure for all of his maladies.

And shortenism; remember calling those that disagree with you blind freddy etc etc? Seems you got personal and lost the argument pages back.
Again, no one here is trying to censor your ideas. They're calling bullshit, being logical and reasonable while you resort to telling us we're afraid, delusional, blind freddy sheep and then emphasise your arrogance by describing emojis in words head slap and shake head like you're smarter than everyone here. It's hilarious!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:32am

@Shortenism,

It's no wonder ID and others get personal when your posts imply that people are stupid - i.e it's our ignorance holding us back from what you see and believe.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:41am

Beat me to it Stu. Thanks!

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:48am

Enough with the bullying ! Everyone has a right to an opinion and freedom of speech .
Ah so ironic all of it. Becoming communist China without even an awareness of it .

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:02am

You may have *the right to an opinion* but if you can't back it up you can expect to get shut down.
This isn't bullying.
It's like when anti-vaxxers get shut down and immediately play the victim card - it's pretty poor form.

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:02am

Bullying? Freedom of speech?

What are you talking about? No-one's being censored, no posts are being deleted. To disagree with someone (or even to try to prove that someone is wrong) is not to remove their right to speak.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:02am

There it goes again, so categorically ei JQ. I'll say it again before you call delusional horse shite, you really need to put in some time to the alternative its all there. Sorry or is that crossing a line? I'm a bit nervous now.

In terms of 'this crap causing harm, economically, mentally and physically', Ummm isn't that what is happening to us all right now under this global dictatorship?

Haha Johknee, she's got a bit of work to do ei... She genuinely is marvelous and of course they get left off essential services list, its an area of knowledge that has been at risk of getting lost with zero govt. support. Surprise surprise. But luckily there's a core group carrying the torch, lets hope it keeps going.

@stunet, i've probably come across here a bit like that, I'll take that on-board as feedback, thanks. But I do stand behind everything I've said.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:19am

"...its an area of knowledge that has been at risk of getting lost with zero govt. support. Surprise surprise. "

The government ditched subsidies for alternative therapies because they are ineffective. I'm glad my tax money isn't supporting those cranks and snake oil salespeople. Again, you're free to go ahead and use that stuff, but I think the government did the right thing to pull funding.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:46am

Well I have found them to be very effective Johknee and i'm sure many 000's of other have too. Like anything there is a time and a place? Sorry to hear they haven't been able to help you. I suppose like anything there are good ones and not so good ones.. Maybe i've been lucky?

My late step father was a highly respected MD. He got a motor neuron disease in his late 60's and went down hill fairly quickly. His whole life he would fiercely reject even the mention of a naturopath. Ironically, out of desperation and upon finally giving in, it was a naturopath that added many years to his life in the end. True story.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:02pm

FRIDAY, 8 MAY 2020 at 9:08AM new
Does anyone commenting here know anyone that had contracted the virus? Or know someone that knows someone? A friend of a friend of a frieinds uncles cousins neighbor.? Anyone......?

Yep, mate living in London. 14 straight days of feeling sick ( headaches, fever and no energy) followed by another 3 weeks of very slow incremental improvement. Still not 100% after 6-7 weeks. He’s a very fit, clean living bloke in his mid 30s.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:21pm

That's an anecdote and an appeal to authority. I'm glad he thought it helped him. Still 000 evidence that naturopathy is effective.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:26pm

I hope it cheered you up Johknee even if it was likely only temporary

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:24pm

I'm always cheerful never fearful shorty!

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:37pm

Glad to hear it Johknee, although I reckon 'always cheerful' is probably a stretch?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:37pm

And 'never fearful' unequivocally a stretch. But its a good mantra to get in your head..

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:40pm

Johknee, another one for you to watch out for is the genetic fallacy - both in shortenism's posts and in your responses.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:58pm

Fair call, Pops.

I think this applies to some of the arguments against the app.

"This fallacy avoids the argument by shifting focus onto something's or someone's origins. It's similar to an ad hominem fallacy in that it leverages existing negative perceptions to make someone's argument look bad, without actually presenting a case for why the argument itself lacks merit"

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Friday, 8 May 2020 at 1:04pm

Misapprehensionable

Part 9 - Exposure Notification.
You can get an APP for that.

(Contact Tracing) is a front line profession with 99% success rate. (Current process)
(Exposure Notification) is an app with 96-100% failure rate (Covid Safe app trial)
Apple / Google [Contact Tracing apps] now rebranded as [Exposure Notification]
Why! Because they are utterly useless at catching a cold...
No Health Tech is in disagreement as to why...way too early to cheer on apps.

Contact Tracers are doubling to track Virus & now doubling in Oz for ? /+ App fails.
Oz Govt is under attack for selling blatant lies about pathetic app's ability.
Oz Govt: "The app is more efficient and faster at providing contact information."
Despite being a kick in face to #1 frontline Covid -19 units, it's a whopper of a lie!

Contact Tracers views = (Old school is fast & reliable) vs apps...
'False sense of security,blizzard of false exposure,disinformation,vehicles of abuse...
Very superficial middle class technological folly, every reason to be sceptical.

Compare the Pair: (1 poor > 10 good) (a) now (a)+(b) app Used by Health Units.

(a) Contact : Backtracking (3) + Detail (9) + Hot Spot (8) + 2nd Wave (8)

(b) Exposure -app : Backtracking (5) + Detail (1) + Hot Spot (1) + 2nd Wave (0)

The issue is of diverting 50% Health resource into a Pollie's halfbaked Health Tool.
The reason why all State Premiers / State Health Sites refuse to promote Covid Safe app!
As opposed to Fed Health [COVID SAFE app] Billboard / TV Blitz ...Polls Skyrocket!

World argues this stalling & wasting of manpower diversion results in more deaths.
The apps delay Testing up to a week due to the multi privacy approvals.
All support a universal Health based app but not least helpful non-compliant apps.

Exposure Notification Crimes on Humanity
Poor youth crowd intersections to squishy Shoe boxes surrounded by parking lots...
App falsely repeatedly chirps for essential Quarantine...Fines / lose jobs & credit.
Said victims are repeatedly traced by loner Cheap Phone ID + Cam combo > Arrest!

App designers live in Castles, miles away from people..."Where out thou Chirp!"
Never once getting into strife by their cute pet app.

Covid-19 Kids, Elderly, Tourists, Sick, Poor, Farmers all undetectable...
A few State Senior Schools allow Phones but All-Apps must be turned off.
Smearing Coronavirus on counters, Knobs, Buttons, handrails has a 3 day life.
Not one of these Groups nor Hot Spots can be traced by Covid Safe App trace.
Scenario: Drop Kid at school > Drop son @ Hovel > Visit Mum at Nursing Home
Again No app or corrupted app all day every day!
app is no more than a Rich Kids corona infested security blanket.

Revenge or Terrorism Covid Apps...
Closed environment Households / Schools / Office manipulation of open settings.
Bullies conspire to out Whistle Blowers / Monitors / Partners / Lovers all on show.

Younger Revenge Trolls / Protesters / Terrorists enforce Citywide Utility lockdowns.
Tell us... "Where did you dine!" (Hospital & Parliament cafeterias / Celebs etc etc)
World Extinction Quarantine like putty in yer hands. Flicks Butt off roof! ...Losers!
No crime committed & no names given...Walk off Scotty free! Are we that stupid?

Stats
(a) Contact Tracing Stats
US: 7,602 > (Covid-19) > 36,587 + Need 100-300,000 (Cost $44m /1000)
Qld: 500 > (COVID SAFE app) + 500 (Extra) Double Staff for ?/+App.
tbb is estimating Oz Health Units go from 3,000 > 6,000 (approx) due to App.
No one here believes cases will double so why slow down frontline Health
Why blowout double Staff budget on an feeble APP that designers binned already.

(b) Exposure App Stats
UK: 60% uptake is needed to stop virus spread...(Oxford Uni)
Singapore: 20% uptake = 4% success.
US: 81% Phone Users (Poll: 60% - Refuse Apps) 65% is needed
OZ: 90% Phone Users (5m / 20% uptake) PM: 40% is needed

Where to from Here..Firstly if you Downloaded Covid Safe app (Check fine print)

Mid May: Germany / UK / Oz all commit to upgrades by Apple / Google Expo App
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/05/04/apple-and-google-release-sample-code-for...
New Exposure Notification 'Global stateless app' (Universal SD) Opens up Travel
No Big Brother's House...Data is stored'n'swiped easier off each phone via Wi-fi.
Oz app can continue operating as a retarded stand alone sad joke!...Polls Skyrocket!

Big thanx to the following...for rare straight up crosstown talk...luv that!
https://www.brookings.edu/techstream/inaccurate-and-insecure-why-contact...
https://www.latimes.com/business/technology/story/2020-05-01/coronavirus...
https://www.idginsiderpro.com/article/3541713/4-reasons-why-apples-and-g...

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:52pm

I don't work for the government, Shorty. No need to assume I'm lying to you or any of this is personal.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 8 May 2020 at 2:41pm

hahaha, u just had to get that little jab in Johknee. Just like COVID-19, it looks like its going away but could and probably will predictably flare up at anytime...

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Friday, 8 May 2020 at 2:14pm

I like naturopathy shortenism, because they go for the source, unlike gp’s who just treat the symptoms.
Have had massive success with them

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 8 May 2020 at 3:07pm

Shorey interesting to know some Naturopathy success stories.

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:34pm

Udo, my wife was told she would never have children. For several years we tried and tried (and tried) but no luck.
We were then put onto a naturopath who prescribed a bunch of things, including zinc and magnesium, to help cultivate a fertile home for my swimmers.
3 months later she was pregnant.

That child then had acne treated successfully with naturopathy

It makes sense when you accept you are made up of a bunch of chemicals

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 5:58pm

I don't have an issue with naturopathy im sure it can work for different things.

But i do think/expect there would be people who go too far and don't go to a doctor and go to a naturopath instead or think some treatment is going to be a replacement to being vaccinated or think (*insert whatever*) is going to cure cancer.

IMHO it's best for minor aliments or after you have gone to a doctor etc and normal medication hasn't worked for you.

Roystein's picture
Roystein's picture
Roystein Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:24pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:45pm

Is that you Blowin :P

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:55pm

Spot on Indo. Naturopaths will tell you to go see a doctor when it’s necessary

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 7:34pm

This is a good thread on debunking that Pandemic movie point by point

https://old.reddit.com/r/Moronavirus/comments/geokm9/where_can_i_find_a_...

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:10pm

My wife suspects that we may have had it around the beginning of March (we're in Spain). Based on the symptoms, compared with those known for coronavirus at the time, I thought we just had your standard, run of the mill, influenza (mod. fever, strong joint pain, hallucinations etc). Our symptoms lasted about 10 days, the chest congestion came about 5 days in and took a few weeks to clear. Given they've expanded the symptoms list nowadays, it might've been but I still think it was probably influenza.

Terminal's picture
Terminal's picture
Terminal Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:13pm

That Twitter was classic, Ben

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:42pm

There are ways to disagree without mocking someone who is offering alternate points of view. What happened to civil intelligent debate? That's my issue. How many people even read the articles?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:43pm

andy m - "shut down"? says it all really.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:47pm

I was wondering if you were going to mention that.

By shut down I simply meant picking apart an argument to the point that it is no longer taken seriously.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:09pm

GS a couple in my street have had it about 5 to 7 week recovery early 40's fit and healthy.

SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 7:05am

My old man passed away last weekend, found in his car which had veered off the road only a few hundred metres from his house, he was 67. They presume he was taking himself off to hospital as he was a stubborn old school bloke who would never want to bother anyone.
He had suffered a major stroke 4 years ago but had recovered well and was on medication and taking it. He had mentioned not being able to sleep properly and trouble breathing the last couple weeks, went to the doctor about 5 days before passing and was told he had a chest infection. Antibiotics were prescribed and he was taking them. Doctor said he didn't quality for testing for covid-19, which I'm having trouble getting my head around as the government here in sa is encouraging anyone with mild symptoms to get checked.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 7:20am

Oh man sorry to hear, that's real sad, I don't remember your name here, but look after yourself dude, must be hard times, don't forget to go talk to friends or family if your are feeling real down.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 7:21am

Really sorry to hear the news mate. 

SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog's picture
SA Wetdog Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 7:26am

Thanks indo and Ben. Long time reader infrequent poster.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 9 May 2020 at 7:31am

Condolences SA Wetdog.