All Things Religion Thread

Balance's picture
Balance started the topic in Sunday, 29 Mar 2020 at 2:13pm

Here you go optimist

Not sure my motivation...my instinctive need to stick up for the underdog...my secret desire to be one day honoured rightfully with the role of Forum moderator (expecting a call any day)...

But anyway I couldn't help but read your troubles on another thread...unfortunately I found myself siding with everyone's posts...other than your own...except for the part where you were told you can't post here!

So I put my low IQ mind to coming up with a solution that suits all...and here it is...a safe place if you like

You can post anything you like about your beliefs...and no one has to read it unless they want! Easy peasy...

maybe you could even get Jesus, fat Buddha, Mohammed, and friends to converse in adult conversation here

Solving the world problems, one at a time...call it taking a shovel as a way of moving that mountain

All the best...brother

PS...I actually was born again once, but I grew up, and grew a brain of my own...and realised it was all a load of shit!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 10:25am

:

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 10:59am
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Brutus, the industrial revolution is responsible for what we are today. Science, not religion unlocked the western mind.

Religion tried to block and stop science because it posed a risk to the control and power religion held over the uneducated masses.

Thankfully, science won.

Thank you science.

Totally wrong RK, go and read history , ....https://chriscribariblog.com/2017/06/07/the-book-that-made-your-world-re....

I’m not going to read biased garbage.
The facts are known.

OK RK, it's obvious you know history better than all the academics who have spent their lives studying history....I post facts , you won't read or consider them....science/industrial Revolution would not have been able to flourish without the Bible.....thats a fact and I have provided the links and source of the facts....
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink ...very apt in this situation !

Hey no sense in answering me as there is no factual basis in what you are saying!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 11:03am
AndyM wrote:

"The Life you and your wife lead today, is because of the teachings in the Bible and the people who carried out the Law of God to create what we call a civilized society today......"

When you consider the advent of agriculture, domestication of animals, The Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, progress in science etc etc then the above statement starts to look ridiculous.

Do you actually know the history of what happened before the industrial revolution...??

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 11:15am

Not sure abut RK's knowledge brutus but I have read pretty widely. What is your point?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 12:51pm
blindboy wrote:

Brutus Buddhism is generally classed as a religion as it believes in reincarnation and supernatural entities that can aid on the path to enlightenment. It also has the great asset of not being concerned much about excluding other belief systems but concentrates on progress towards enlightenment via whatever works for you.
To be honest I find the arrogance of some christians hard to deal with. I mean someone knocks on my door to tell me that everything I believe, after a large amount of study and significant life experience, is wrong. It is pretty tempting to explain, very briefly, why I find their attitude objectionable but why bother? So I just tell them we are Buddhists.

So let me get this right ..reincarnation was a Hindu idea adopted by Buddha , so that if you are a good person you will get reborn as one of the following ...
1) Heavenly realm or God realm ( Deva)
2) Demi-God realm (Asura)
3) Human Realm
4) Animal realm
5) 5 Hungry ghost realm
6) Hell realm
So these 6 realms are what govern your life...?

You find it arrogant that someone knocks on your door to preach the Bible and the teachings of Jesus Christ , OK fine with that you have a choice.....but not sure Buddhism is a really good answer to Christianity....as there a heavenly realm to aspire to , or hell....and all the in between options.....but no Entity that created the heavens or Hell........wow now I see why Christians dismiss Buddhism!

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 12:53pm
blindboy wrote:

Not sure abut RK's knowledge brutus but I have read pretty widely. What is your point?

how much do you know or have learnt about the supposed dark Middle ages ?

The link that I provided explains how, when and why.....try having a read?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 1:30pm

Well I have just finished reading the Max Adams triology covering the history of Britain from 632 to 955 if that is relevant but you probably need to be more specific. The link is mainly just opinion and doesn't really offer much more than an assertion of the importance of christianity to western culture, which I don't really dispute. As I said before Jesus was hugely influential on later philosophy. Of course, the same can be said for other philosophers in other places also. Lao Tsu and Siddattha Gautama most notably. I don't think anyone here would argue against the teachings of Jesus with regard to human behaviour. The complaint is against the arrogance of some Christians in claiming a monopoly on absolute truth and, particularly their attempts to impose their narrow beliefs on society at large. If we concentrate on what Jesus actually taught where did he say anything about homosexuality? If you want to quote the old testament then you need to be consistent "“‘If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire." and numerous other grossly offensive laws from Leviticus.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 1:43pm
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Brutus, the industrial revolution is responsible for what we are today. Science, not religion unlocked the western mind.

Religion tried to block and stop science because it posed a risk to the control and power religion held over the uneducated masses.

Thankfully, science won.

Thank you science.

Totally wrong RK, go and read history , ....https://chriscribariblog.com/2017/06/07/the-book-that-made-your-world-re....

The facts are known.

OK RK, it's obvious you know history better than all the academics who have spent their lives studying history....I post facts , you won't read or consider them....science/industrial Revolution would not have been able to flourish without the Bible.....thats a fact and I have provided the links and source of the facts....
You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink ...very apt in this situation !

Hey no sense in answering me as there is no factual basis in what you are saying!

Mate, when you post religious stuff or religious bias to support your beliefs it's not fact. The bible and religion is a fact free zone.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

Thankfully, science won.

Thank you science.

The facts are known.

Mate, when you post religious stuff or religious bias to support your beliefs it's not fact. The bible and religion is a fact free zone.

OK RK, that's your opinion based on your personal experience??

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:05pm
brutus wrote:
AndyM wrote:

"The Life you and your wife lead today, is because of the teachings in the Bible and the people who carried out the Law of God to create what we call a civilized society today......"

When you consider the advent of agriculture, domestication of animals, The Enlightenment, the Industrial Revolution, progress in science etc etc then the above statement starts to look ridiculous.

Do you actually know the history of what happened before the industrial revolution...??

The Industrial Revolution came about largely because Enlightenment values precipitated a move away from religious dogma and towards rational scientific thought.

To say that the life we lead today is because of the teachings in the Bible might have some truth with regards to morals and ethics, but even that is a stretch as evidenced by a quick glance at the role of religion in history.

The life we lead today is attributable to The Scientific Revolution, the Enlightenment, and the Industrial Revolution, which were movements away from, or seperate to, religion.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:09pm
blindboy wrote:

Well I have just finished reading the Max Adams triology covering the history of Britain from 632 to 955 if that is relevant but you probably need to be more specific. The link is mainly just opinion and doesn't really offer much more than an assertion of the importance of christianity to western culture, which I don't really dispute. As I said before Jesus was hugely influential on later philosophy. Of course, the same can be said for other philosophers in other places also. Lao Tsu and Siddattha Gautama most notably. I don't think anyone here would argue against the teachings of Jesus with regard to human behaviour. The complaint is against the arrogance of some Christians in claiming a monopoly on absolute truth and, particularly their attempts to impose their narrow beliefs on society at large. If we concentrate on what Jesus actually taught where did he say anything about homosexuality? If you want to quote the old testament then you need to be consistent "“‘If a priest’s daughter defiles herself by becoming a prostitute, she disgraces her father; she must be burned in the fire." and numerous other grossly offensive laws from Leviticus.

rather rhan just look at specific culture timelines.....what was mankind doing in the Dark ages in Europe....do you want me to post some examples of eg where did reading glasses come from?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm

Yes monasteries were repositories of learning and played a major part in maintaining culture through those times but I am not sure how that adds to the discussion about proclaiming christianity as an ultimate truth. One of the things that came out of my reading was that for many people christianity was just another layer over their traditional beliefs and many of the saints and holy sites from that period were just repurposed from the pre-existing gods. All religions are syncretic to some degree and contain elements of older religions. Christianity is no exception. Equally they are all schismatic. They slpit into sects often with very significant beliefs. So absolute truth? Not really likely.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:25pm
AndyM wrote:
brutus wrote:
AndyM wrote:

The Industrial Revolution came about largely because Enlightenment values precipitated a move away from religious dogma and towards rational scientific thought.

To say that the life we lead today is because of the teachings in the Bible might have some truth with regards to morals and ethics, but even that is a stretch as evidenced by a quick glance at the role of religion in history.

The life we lead today is attributable to The Scientific Revolution, the Enlightenment, and the Industrial Revolution, which were movements away from, or seperate to, religion.

Hi Andy , I will repost that proves that the scientific revolution as you call it...could not have happened without a major contribution from Christianity and the Bible....lets go back a couple of thousand years......to the present day and look at the facts!

this is also written for Skeptics , but you do have to read at least some of it or at least what I have posted below to give you a philosophical journey into really what happened in India , and why it never progressed out of the dark ages , and why the rise of Europe happened!

Understand where we came from. Whether you're an avid student of the Bible or a skeptic of its relevance, The Book That Made Your World will transform your perception of its influence on virtually ever facet of Western civilization. Indian philosopher Vishal Mangalwadi reveals the personal motivation that fueled his own study of the Bible and systematically illustrates how its precepts became the framework for societal structure throughout the last millennium. From politics and science, to academia and technology, the Bible's sacred copy became the key that unlocked the Western mind. Through Mangalwadi's wide-ranging and fascinating investigation, you'll discover: What triggered the West's passion for scientific, medical, and technological advancement How the biblical notion of human dignity informs the West's social structure and how it intersects with other worldviews How the Bible created a fertile ground for women to find social and economic empowerment How the Bible has uniquely equipped the West to cultivate compassion, human rights, prosperity, and strong families The role of the Bible in the transformation of education How the modern literary notion of a hero has been shaped by the Bible's archetypal protagonist Journey with Mangalwadi as he examines the origins of a civilization's greatness and the misguided beliefs that threaten to unravel its progress. Learn how the Bible transformed the social, political, and religious institutions that have sustained Western culture for the past millennium, and discover how secular corruption endangers the stability and …

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:28pm

Andy, I think it’s the morals and ethics of the Christ toward your fellow man that was the key to the good life in the regions that practised them.
Industry and science while good, if practised without the first two become the messy place we find ourselves in now….
P. S. the popes rotten Holy Roman Empire doesn't count in the above. They were always trying to hold the world back from good progress.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:31pm

Brutus..are you a hillsong member?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:34pm

Brutus have you read Jared Diamond's book Guns, Germs and Steel?

It puts together a very strong case that where we are at now is, at its most basic, a result of geography and biogeography.
These factors then lead to certain areas (and not others) being able to domesticate plants and animals, and to create food surpluses and so settle and form villages.
Surpluses free people to specialize in activities other than sustenance and also to support population growth.
The combination of specialization and population growth leads to the accumulation of social and technological innovations which build on each other.

Interestingly, Diamond gives only a few pages in the whole book to religion.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 2:44pm
Roadkill wrote:

No are you a Liberal supporter?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:09pm
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

No are you a Liberal supporter?

I float between parties....whoever is offering the best for the country gets my vote.

We need change every now and again.

I can be a lib supporter and I can be an ALP supporter.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:11pm
Optimist wrote:

Andy, I think it’s the morals and ethics of the Christ toward your fellow man that was the key to the good life in the regions that practised them.
Industry and science while good, if practised without the first two become the messy place we find ourselves in now….
P. S. the popes rotten Holy Roman Empire doesn't count in the above. They were always trying to hold the world back from good progress.

Optimist I really don't see that empathy and altruism come from the teachings of Christ or the Bible.
For a start, there were civilisations around for thousands of years before Christ and it's very difficult to imagine that these were devoid of morals or ethics.

I think that inferring that industry and science are lacking in morals and ethics is kind of missing the bigger picture i.e. the political and economic framework they exist in.

I would go so far as to say that vested political and economic interests are happy to smear science as having moral and ethical issues because this suits their interests.
Of course there are plenty of examples of this.

Hence the messy place we find ourselves in now.

In my opinion, the post-modern trend to criticise objective reality, truth, reason and science is an absolute godsend (no pun intended) for those who would divide and conquer.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:18pm

May not have been intended, but it was a good pun nevertheless.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:23pm
blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:39pm

The enlightenment was the major cultural change involved in the development of the modern world. It raised science above dogma, instigated the separation of church and state and put human values at the centre of politics. Christianity, left to its own devices, would have continued with the divine right of kings and the subordination of all knowledge to religious beliefs. Let's not forget who burnt Bruno at the stake for challenging the religious cosmology. If religion helped preserve literacy and learning during the dark ages, it is pretty clear that was the level of understanding they intended to maintain. Indefinitely.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:51pm

I think that when Christ came, with Him came a spirit into the world that allowed the “good will “ desires of mankind to be more possible through a spiritual turbo charging. It was more than just His presence, He left something behind globally that people could embrace and fulfil the deep desires to be good and share everything with others. It wasn’t natural to the fallen man…and still isn’t to many….It’s why the gospel grew so fast. Some have abused their positions by drifting from the love of Christ and turning it all back into law and rules and regulations….and their personal interpretation of how things should be….the law is no longer valid as the written code but the law of God is now written on the heart …..so now doing good , giving and sharing is as natural as breathing to those who surrender to the cleansing power of Gods spirit.
And blind boy….the christians were burned at the stake too for not submitting to the pope and his evil empire.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 3:57pm

The cleansing power of god's spirit was what got Bruno burnt. And the good will you propose seems in short supply for those on the wrong side of religious prejudice. I challenged brutus to find anything Jesus said to indicate that homosexuality was wrong. He hasn't answered yet. What about you? Or are you relying on Leviticus which orders burning priest's daughters if they become prostitutes, amongst other equally offensive laws.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:09pm
Optimist wrote:

I think that when Christ came, with Him came a spirit into the world that allowed the “good will “ desires of mankind to be more possible through a spiritual turbo charging. It was more than just His presence, He left something behind globally that people could embrace and fulfil the deep desires to be good and share everything with others. It wasn’t natural to the fallen man…and still isn’t to many….It’s why the gospel grew so fast. Some have abused their positions by drifting from the love of Christ and turning it all back into law and rules and regulations….and their personal interpretation of how things should be….the law is no longer valid as the written code but the law of God is now written on the heart …..so now doing good , giving and sharing is as natural as breathing to those who surrender to the cleansing power of Gods spirit.
And blind boy….the christians were burned at the stake too for not submitting to the pope and his evil empire.

"people could embrace and fulfil the deep desires to be good and share everything with others."

Optimist I think that Indigenous Australians and their deeply rooted concept of reciprocity
would have something to say about that.

Christianity does not have the market cornered on empathy, sharing, goodwill etc.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:11pm

Homo sexuality…Everybody knows it’s wrong, …everybody…it’s written in our DNA and in the natural order and is a no brainer….but…everyone is free to choose their own path as well…that’s true freedom…we are free on this earth but….you’ll find out when you die how your choice of paths went.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:17pm

You sound really sexy optimist, fancy a bum?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:17pm
Optimist wrote:

Homo sexuality…Everybody knows it’s wrong, …everybody…it’s written in our DNA and in the natural order and is a no brainer….but…everyone is free to choose their own path as well…that’s true freedom…we are free on this earth but….you’ll find out when you die how your choice of paths went.

Not everyone....just assholes that try and force their retarded views.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:21pm
Optimist wrote:

Sorry Optimist, but what did Jesus say about homosexuality? Verses please...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:26pm

So 6-8% of the male population are denied the right to express their completely natural sexuality? And as for your assertion about DNA.....the evidence is against you there too.

" The heritability of homosexuality is also supported by maternal fertility data. A woman who gives birth to a gay male is likely to come from a maternal bloodline with especially high fertility. Evolutionary theory strongly suggests that genes for homosexuality should be eliminated from the population unless a potential compensatory mechanism exists. One proposed, partial solution to this Darwinian paradox is the potential existence of a gene that increases fertility when present in a woman but predisposes to homosexuality when present in a male. Any reduced male fertility associated with homosexuality is offset by the high fertility of the mother and her female relatives. Androphilia—strong sexual attraction to males—has been proposed as a genetically determined trait that when inherited by a woman increases the number of children she will bear, but when inherited by a male will predispose to homosexuality."

If you want to go around advocating hateful discriminatory policies, fair enough,. but you forfeit the right to go on about "doing good , giving and sharing" because you are not doing good you are perpetrating prejudice and encouraging hate.

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:25pm

Could it be Optimist is not following the word of Jesus on this matter?

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:26pm

Homophobia isn't the fear of gay people. It's the fear that you yourself might be gay. Optimist, it's okay to be attracted to Hey Zeus and his sexy abs, he's one well cut figure. We think nothing less of you.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:28pm

At least Optimist had the balls to post what he thinks (has been brainwashed into) about homosexuality. Brutus, cowardly declined to post his honest thoughts about the subject.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:39pm

No hate mate…free choice I said if you bothered to read it….and Jesus had better things to talk about but His right hand man Paul discusses the matter in detail in
Romans. 1 ..21-32

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:49pm
Optimist wrote:

No hate mate…free choice I said if you bothered to read it….and Jesus had better things to talk about but His right hand man Paul discusses the matter in detail in
Romans. 1 ..21-32

That's a little dismissive...

Do not judge, so that you will not be judged. For with the judgment you make you will be judged, and the measure you give will be the measure you get.” (Matthew 7:1-2)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:52pm

No hate? No maybe not from you directly but this is where attitudes like yours led to.

".... a new memorial in Marks Park, once a well-known gay beat located on the headland between Bondi Beach and Tamarama Beach, serves as a reminder of a much darker aspect of that era.

Commissioned by LGBTIQ health organisation ACON in partnership with Waverley Council, the Bondi Memorial is comprised of a six-level stone terrace, representing the six bands of the pride flag, and honours victims of the LGBTIQ hate crime epidemic that swept through Sydney and New South Wales between 1970 and the early 2000s.

The total number of victims is impossible to quantify, but Joël Murray, manager of ACON’s Historical Violence Project, says the figure is likely to be “in the thousands”, most of whom would not have reported what happened to the authorities “because of the prejudice and violence within the NSW Police Force at that time”.

Many victims were brutally assaulted and even killed – including by being thrown over the cliffs at Marks Park and elsewhere along the coastline – because of their sexuality. A review by the former NSW Police gay and lesbian liaison officer program coordinator, Sue Thompson, and criminologist Professor Stephen Tomsen identified 88 suspected gay- and transgender-hate homicides across NSW in the late 20th century, more than 20 of which remain unsolved. "

So do you want to wash your hands publicly?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:53pm

"In my opinion, the post-modern trend to criticise objective reality, truth, reason and science is an absolute godsend (no pun intended) for those who would divide and conquer."

well that's your opinion!

that would appear to have some objective truth...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:57pm

Don’t know why you felt the need to go there Optimist.
Was a decent chat until then.

By the way, homosexuality exists extensively throughout nature.

Homosexuality is natural, it’s as simple as that.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 4:58pm
sypkan wrote:

"In my opinion, the post-modern trend to criticise objective reality, truth, reason and science is an absolute godsend (no pun intended) for those who would divide and conquer."

well that's your opinion!

that would appear to have some objective truth...

That’s just, like, your opinion man.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:31pm

How funny would it be if these crew got to heaven and God was gay.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:33pm
Blowin wrote:

How funny would it be if these crew got to heaven and God was gay.

Gold.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:34pm

Like Patrick said earlier, Jebus is pretty ripped and all, especially with those strong forearms, broad shoulders and butch facial hair.
Veritable stallion.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:35pm

And waiting just inside the pearly gates would be millions of pedophile priests, just waiting to peruse the new meat arriving…pulling the younger ones aside and offering guidance.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm

Andy you mustn’t have read the lead in where Brutus and I were hassled for our opinion….I gave mine and brutus wisely declined…and blindboy turned it to theatre as usual….personally I couldn't give a stuff what people do with their own lives…but on that subject it won’t go well for you in the end…pardon the pun.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:42pm

Must admit, no-one does hyperbolic hysteria quite like our Blindy.

As for it not going well for gays, that’s an ugly thing to say mate.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:43pm

"and blindboy turned it to theatre as usual".
Yeh sort of. I just wanted to get beyond the cool, groovy and it's all peace and love image you were pushing. I just assumed that anyone narrow enough to believe they were in possession of the absolute truth would probably be equally narrow in other areas.......and I was right.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 5:52pm

Never go full Blindboy.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 6:22pm
Roadkill wrote:

At least Optimist had the balls to post what he thinks (has been brainwashed into) about homosexuality. Brutus, cowardly declined to post his honest thoughts about the subject.

just because I didn't answer straight away...I am coward....really ?

I have many friends who are gay and have no problems as they know they are an anomaly of nature as do I.
I will answer in full tomorrow been a very hectic day/week........I really want to answer this question ......but want to make sure that I do so in a way not insult anyone or make them feel any lesser a person.....so am doing research tonite......
are you gay and that;s why this question is so important to you?

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 6:31pm
blindboy wrote:

No hate? No maybe not from you directly but this is where attitudes like yours led to.

".... a new memorial in Marks Park, once a well-known gay beat located on the headland between Bondi Beach and Tamarama Beach, serves as a reminder of a much darker aspect of that era.

Commissioned by LGBTIQ health organisation ACON in partnership with Waverley Council, the Bondi Memorial is comprised of a six-level stone terrace, representing the six bands of the pride flag, and honours victims of the LGBTIQ hate crime epidemic that swept through Sydney and New South Wales between 1970 and the early 2000s.

The total number of victims is impossible to quantify, but Joël Murray, manager of ACON’s Historical Violence Project, says the figure is likely to be “in the thousands”, most of whom would not have reported what happened to the authorities “because of the prejudice and violence within the NSW Police Force at that time”.

Many victims were brutally assaulted and even killed – including by being thrown over the cliffs at Marks Park and elsewhere along the coastline – because of their sexuality. A review by the former NSW Police gay and lesbian liaison officer program coordinator, Sue Thompson, and criminologist Professor Stephen Tomsen identified 88 suspected gay- and transgender-hate homicides across NSW in the late 20th century, more than 20 of which remain unsolved. "

So do you want to wash your hands publicly?

So BB you blame the Christians for all the above?

Are you sure it just wasn't homophobic right wingers?

just for the record BB.....and I totally agree with.......

"While the Bible disapproves of homosexual acts, it does not condone hatred of homosexuals or homophobia. Instead, Christians are directed to “respect everyone.”​—1 Peter 2:​17,

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 10 Nov 2021 at 6:34pm
brutus wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

just because I didn't answer straight away...I am coward....really ?

I have many friends who are gay and have no problems as they know they are an anomaly of nature as do I.
I will answer in full tomorrow been a very hectic day/week........I really want to answer this question ......but want to make sure that I do so in a way not insult anyone or make them feel any lesser a person.....so am doing research tonite......
are you gay and that;s why this question is so important to you?

Calling people an anomaly of nature is pretty much an insult as is identifying them as lesser a person than someone that isn’t gay…..so you can only get better from the low level you have started on.

Are you gay? Gawd your predictable.