COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 11:00am

"mikehunt"
This is getting meta and better

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 11:25am

"There's a vaccine out right now in russia.. Take it... Go on.... Order it online"

Russia has a good record developing alternative medicines. I think consideration should be given to their record breaking developments in the Covid19 vaccine arena

117645207-3257334851023225-5254130979519065152-n

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 11:31am

triggered much?

(facto)

ok boomer

(blindboy)

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 11:52am

The Prime Marketer is ready for his injection...( not compulsory though)

200820jab

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:13pm

"many young women have actually embraced it"

Very true Syppo, for every one that finds it objectionable there's one that embraces it, maybe for the same reason that some black people have taken back control of the word nigger.

As usual, Blowfly is ignoring the real world and is rigidly trying to enforce his patronising views as brought about by his white male privilege.

Transparent and ugly.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:33pm

Pussy Profiles and The Clitoral Truth: Meet the Woman Behind 'Cunt Month'.
Laura Méritt has been organising a celebration of the vulva every March for nearly ten years.
https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/bn5w8m/meet-the-woman-behind-berlins-...

NSFW (but you're probably at home anyway)

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:35pm

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:35pm

Good to see stunet you are finally looking beneath the covers you're obviously taking note of Sean Doherty's on this AstraZeneca deal, no deal. Keep digging..

VicLocal, Indo, there ya go again on your rants about vaccines. It is concerning your blind dedication to the largest scams the world has ever known.

Bottom line is vaccine producers are indemnified from liability for related injuries, so yeah rush it out... A scam like COVID19 and willing customers like Indo and Vic its no wonder its fkn Xmas for big pharma!!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:37pm

Clueless....

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:38pm

Back on topic...
This doctor gives the low down on what is happening in Madrid now. This will be good news depending on your perspective. Subtitled. Watch to the end for the extra oomph.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:47pm

""many young women have actually embraced it"

Young women might accept use of the word as a noun for female genitalia, particularly when used that way by other women. Some may accept it as a familiarity in a similar way to men accepting 'old cock". This does not imply an acceptance of its use as an insult by men against either men or women. As for your argument from the black experience, it has a similar flaw. If you doubt that, try using the word they have reclaimed as an insult to a black man, or even use it in any form in their presence. I think the experience would make you more careful about generalisations.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:00pm

Plenty of angry Kevins and Bobs out there to balance out the Karens. Karens and Kevs even encouraging their kids to get in on the act!! What I want to know is why so very angry? Men and women attacking and ranting (at) complete strangers. Mass mental illness?

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm

Australians who choose not to be vaccinated against coronavirus could lose access to welfare payments, Health Minister Greg Hunt said, after the Prime Minister conceded vaccination would not be mandatory.

Key points:

The Prime Minister says any coronavirus vaccine will not be forced on people
However, the Government will consider withholding payments for people who choose not to be vaccinated
Australia has taken steps towards securing a supply of a leading vaccine candidate, if it is successful
While the prospect of a coronavirus vaccine is not yet certain, the Government has taken steps to secure supply of a leading candidate developed at Oxford University.

Health Minister Greg Hunt said if a vaccine was discovered, the Government would consider applying measures like "no jab, no pay" to ensure a high uptake.

"It won't be mandatory, but it will be widely encouraged," he told Channel Nine.

The government will aim for a 95 per cent vaccination rate, which it said would exclude those who cannot take the shot on medical grounds.

"We are keeping on the table the existing mechanisms we have such as no jab, no pay [and] no jab, no play," he said.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 12:52pm

I'm also talking about its use as a catch-all bit of vernacular in addition to an anatomical description - quite common.

And I agree, saying those words to someone's face as an insult is inviting a physical reaction.

Context is everything.

I can call my gay mates rampant homodillos without a problem though I wouldn't try it on a stranger.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:03pm

Reckon increasing use of the C-Bomb is simply symbolic of a changing culture. Like nudity on the tele or other swear words. Probably occupies the same station 'fuck' once did.

In a way it's a shame cos we're running out of taboos.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:06pm

Why the need to call them anything at all Andy?

How about 'mate'?

mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207's picture
mikehunt207 Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:13pm

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:10pm

i caarnt see the problem says barry.
language is just a series of sounds to emphasis an emotional expression.
so in a sense all words are allowed, so no taboos, although personally i would like to see silence being the main expression when one feels unloving toward another, then choose something that demonstrates your mastery of expression, rather than your slavery.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:10pm

Fair enough Andy, my complaint was against its use as an insult here and I stand by that.

Getting back to the topic, the issue of what kind of pressure should be put on people to get vaccinated is a difficult one. For me withdrawing welfare payments, goes too far and does not address the real issue. The restrictions should be designed to prevent the unvaccinated spreading the virus, so the imposition of home schooling, bans on the use of public transport and entering restaurants, bars and large gatherings would make more sense.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:15pm

All matey fun Zen.

Maybe it's a sign of intimacy and trust when you can do that.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:28pm

Totally understand Andy, I was just trying to paint a bigger picture.

One of my dearest mates loves when I roll through the whole gamut of homophobic slurs-his favourite is "back off cheese-lips". For the most part I just call him Darling.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 1:54pm

The boys I'm closest too I pout at, give them a come hither look and throw in a Michael Jackson crotch grab.

Maybe tell them that they're my little quince danish - you know, channel a little Kenny Everett.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:01pm

Why is Australia so keen on disincentives rather than incentives?

'Vaccines to be mandatory' etc.....missing out on services if you don't get it. We're like naughty children who need to be disciplined.

Why not provide a one off payment to get vaccinated? Or at least make it about 'doing your part for the health of the country'?

Vast majority of people will be clawing at the chance to get vaccinated anyway.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:05pm

Australia loves being punitive.

Must be too hard and too expensive to try to connect with people and try to persuade them.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm

You know in Taiwan....there's no parking fines.

Parking inspectors come round and give you tickets to pay. So you don't pay tickets when you park, they give them too you. The cost of a parking ticket in Taiwan is slightly higher than what we pay in Aus (say 20%), and you just keep accumulating them if you stay, but there's no fines.

We're such punitive authoritarians here.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm

Reckon you could, Andy?

You read the shite on social media recently?

Social cohesion ain't what it used to be.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:31pm

Stu - at the risk of sounding like some less favourable political characters - I believe there's a vocal minority.

The real silent majority just want to do the right thing.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:38pm

Maybe....in fact, most likely you're right. I've just had a recent online back and forth with a nutter and his dark world has cast a shadow over mine. A short term lack of perspective might be a result. It'll pass.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:55pm

Tail wagging the dog wrt the shrill minority and the media?
I would have said we're definitely post-cohesion as a society.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 2:57pm

I think you could Stu but it would be an expensive campaign across so many different levels and demographics.
I'd like to think you could still get the desired outcome if you talked the right talk and pushed the right buttons.
Though I strongly doubt a single agency would be capable of it.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 3:02pm

The highly infectious nature of the virius means we need to achieve 95% vaccination rate across the whole population to achieve herd immunity. Even though 95% of Australian children are fully immunised, achieving that figure across the whole population will be difficult. Given that there will be a core of refusers whose views are unlikely to be changed by a positive incentive, some negative consequences for refusing the vaccine will probably be necessary. These should focus on preventing the refusers from infecting others.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 3:10pm

Start with beatings and go from there?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 3:10pm

Never mind the Oxford vaccine, make the Oxford comma mandatory.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 3:33pm

Andy if we are going to dispense with all humanitarian concerns then let's at least be effective. Beatings? Nah, I reckon Scomo is planning the concentration camps already. Now let's see 5% 0f 25 million is 1.25 million so allowing 1 square metre per head .......

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 3:50pm

@stunet, ha ha, gramma ain't what she used to b.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 3:56pm

I was always taught when making a list of three or more things a comma doesn't precede the and.

Have I been making a huge grammatical mistake all my life?

PS- In Andys world if the Oxford vaccine is refused must it be substituted with a Glasgow kiss?

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 4:01pm

Bloody 'ell I didn't even know there was a comma named 'Oxford'.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 4:07pm

Zen you cheeky rogue, I'm the one advocating intelligent communication (though at great expense to taxpayers).

It's the authoritarian Left that wants "negative consequences".

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 4:07pm

The Swellnet House Style says no, Zen.

Reason?

If the third item in the list also includes an 'and', say a list of bands with 'Hunters and Collectors', or a shopping list with 'fruit and vegetables', or a legal firm such as 'Slater and Gorden', it becomes confusing which items are grouped and which aren't.

Besides that it just looks neat.

PS: Sean St. Hubbins is a shocker for leaving them out.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 4:28pm

“You have no right to say I have to have this vaccination, because I tell you what – I won’t be having it. I don’t have the flu vaccination. That’s my choice, even though I know 1200 Australians died last year because of the flu, yet you never shut down the country.”

Poorlene on Twitter today, thinking only of herself.....as usual. Is it so hard to understand that if you are not vaccinated, you can still spread the virus? And in a post containing a single fact....she got it wrong. It was 900.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 4:58pm

Huh, and here I was thinking the anti-vaxxers didn't have representation in parliament, trust Pauline to do it though.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 4:58pm

vaccines only truly work when drunk. see bruce lipton, biologist and pioneer of stem cell research.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:02pm

Right, as of today I'm going to endeavour to use the Oxford comma as well as try to correctly use apostrophes, quotation marks, and ellipsis.

Additionally, I'm going to give the interrobang a good workout.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:04pm

Dave I think we can safely say that's not true.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:07pm

9000 australians stuck overseas due to quaratine backlog, 3000 'vulnerable'

but plenty of room for chinese students...

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:15pm

Andy
go to youtube
bruce lipton- be aware of this, entitled video,
before you are so sure
if you watch this video and then are so certain, i am 100%interested in what you have to say
but please watch this video and then tell me with 100% certainty that vaccines do not create just adverse side effects that may create other illness that could be terminal.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:21pm

even my brother's partner who is a nurse and who had no cancer in any side of the family and no real indicators of such is starting to wonder whether her good health was all of a sudden turned upside down by having breast cancer, she just finished radiation last friday.
the only change, she started having a flu shot lat year.
vaccines work, but maybe not for everyone in the way they are supposed to, is what i am saying, so they should not be mandatory until there is no last resort.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:32pm

We're at last resort now, have you had your head in the sand for the last 6 months?

Yes, once it has passed testing it should be goddamn mandatory, too many stupid people doing youtube 'research' thinking they know better.

davetherave's picture
davetherave's picture
davetherave Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 5:42pm

if you say so jq, not trying to change your view, but no where near last resort mate, no where near it.
interesting you used the word god damn
did you watch the videos of bruce talking about vaccines and the role of tonsils?
wili take the vaccine if it is administered orally, yes.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 20 Aug 2020 at 6:16pm

Bruce Lipton is yet another new age quack who makes a buck out of confusing people with his misrepresentations and pseudo-science.

Free your mind and create your own reality man!