COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 8:50am

Despite all the news on vaccines (which very the large part, are clickbait), we're still a long way away. Watch the date slide. Also, 12-18 months is when we may get through the trial phase - widespread manufacture, distribution and delivery of a vaccine? More like 2-5 years. Then we'll 'need to be cautious' to ensure the vaccine is working....a few more years?

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 9:03am

Not sure where you are getting your information from stok but it seems unnecessarily pessimistic. There are no guarantees but "widespread roll out in late 2021" is a pretty common prediction. Russia is claiming that they already have a vaccine. How credible that is we don't yet know.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-11/russia-approves-first-coronavirus...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 9:11am

There's only a handful of vaccines which have started Phase III trials (not the Russian one), which realistically means we're in the range of X months all the way up to maybe 3 years. If these are successful, they'll need to be published and then can be made available - which won't be instant. This assumes everything works well and the vaccines are sucessful.

The simple fact that we're now nearly 8 months into the pandemic, and we're still quoting 12-18 months as the vaccine timeframe gives me reason to be less optimistic.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 9:40am

"Aged Care: It is the Federal Government that has full statutory responsibility. It is the Federal Government that approves, regulates, funds and monitors via its Accreditation Agency over 95% of all Australian aged care facilities."
GuySmiley the whole accreditation system is basically a feel your tits excercise. We knew months in advance when the full blown accreditation visit was going to occur and everyone was running around like blueys arse making sure the auditors would see what they wanted to see. The rest of the time it was cost cutting business as usual mainly due to the federal pot of aged care money dwindling further and further each year.

"The meals were stuff like dim sims, tinned spag or beans, bread n butter and tea. I had to blend it for those who couldn't chew."
Patrick the budget for 3 meals a day where I worked was $4.50 per resident. That's a cup of coffee in the real world. No wonder elderley moms and dads fight like hell when the kiddies talk about offloading them into a nursing home.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 10:31am

What’s a mom ?

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 10:36am

According to this source there are 3 in phase 3 and 3 more 2/3.

https://www.raps.org/news-and-articles/news-articles/2020/3/covid-19-vac...

I will stick with my optimism.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 10:57am

Ha good one DudeSweet. It's like a mum - just not an Australian one :)

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 11:06am

Patrick/ Gary, I have direct experience in the auditing of age care facilities for the period leading up to the formation of the Accreditation Agency. Auditors back then were called outcome standards monitors (OSMs) and nationally the industry was so bad the 400 odd OSMs directly employed as public servants by the Federal Government pretty much solely focused on what were called homes of concern (HOC). They are slightly different now but back then there were 32 Federal Government prescribed outcome standards (OS) for residents. Many of the HOC were so bad it wasn't unusual for a nursing home to satisfy less than 10 OS. From memory one nursing home only meet 3 OS. The industry hated us because there was no notice to our monitoring visits 3 am Sunday morning, 9pm Wednesday night, anytime of the day or night 7 days a week we were there until the standards either improved or the shonky operator left the industry. It was common to find one chicken cooked in a broth to serve 30 plus residents for lunch and the stench of urine to permeate the air. I could add lots of examples here but its horrible stuff. Residents dignity was mostly non existent. Back then funding fraud occurred and proprietors were jailed. A staff member of mine had his house fire bombed after one visit. We all had silent phone numbers. I said the industry hated us and they went to the new prime minister (Howard) and without any referencing back to his PS executive decided to give the industry what they wanted - an Accreditation Agency that would undertake among other things auditing. While the implementation of the Accreditation Agency was rocky I saw it as a good thing in so far as it got rid of the very shonky characters, national staff training structures were implemented and building standards certainly improved. Feel your tits exercise? sad if this has become another self regulation failure but recent experience would say so.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 12:03pm

GuySmiley enlightening read that - thanks. My experience was limited to the property management side and for only two years so my observations are from a relative outsider looking in. The running of the homes I worked at was second to none and the staff were unbelievable. I just found the whole funding and management of the system stank of bureaucratic neglect which had a negative effect on the employees and the people they were looking after. I have so much respect for the elderly after my two years there. I had some good experiences, some bad but overall it was a life experience for the better for me.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 12:56pm

Covid-19 Blood Types

tbb & Blowfly & others have linked articles to Corona coagulation & blood types.
This is a crude rundown of how & why they dictate the Pandemic!

Blood Types + menstruation are said to derive from apes..(No other mammals)
( Thick ) A > B > O ( Thin / common 50% )

Apes show no difference between male / female blood iron counts.

Human blood coagulation can vary 50% when including age & sex & virility.

Women (Pill) fertile earlier,bare less natural, breast feed less but menstruate longer.
90% women lack iron & are deemed to be anaemic with 10% less haemoglobin.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1120434/

Testosterone increases red blood cells, thickening the blood, leading to clotting
Thicker blood can't pump as well to maintain memory or thicker hair follicles.

This thicker blood also plays host to coronavirus & men fight harder to recover.
eg: Man Flu is a real thing!

As we age our Heart & Vessels thicken & our blood clots > exhausting our bodies.

Thicker Blood (A) saves victims from loss of blood in an emergency but clots.
Current DNA Swabs expand the size of the Money tree of diseases between...
Thinner Blood (O) provides more immunity from Virus by less coagulated clotting.
Yes! (O) Are also less robust -(Iron) but live longer more energetic lives!

Type (O) are said to be immune from Type (A) Covid Infections...(Any Volunteers?)

However! It's not an exact science & it's not that simple.
Type (O) can & do still harbour & infect other Type (O) > Most of the Population.

Type (O) Females should live much longer than a virile Type (A) Male.
But! Once females stop menstruating their Red cells increase and blood thickens.
Thickening blood in narrowing arteries, all elderly are most vulnerable to Covid.

Also note A+B / Type O blood can be transfused into the whole populace...

Monsters or Angels...The virus & rate spreads by geography of Age & Blood Types.

Should Type O nursing Home pays less insurance?
Should a Vaccine be directed at (A) Blood Types / Elderly Men / Poverty / VIP's.

Govt's may secretly discriminate when appointing security & access.

(A) List Playboy Bunny loses Corporate Box lap dance to Type O anorexic Goth.
Ok! ... So tbb nicked that Headline from the 2025 ' Sun.

Just, try not to flinch when Dutto taste tests your blood for yer new Post Codes.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/health-wellbeing/why-your-blood-type-coul...

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 2:19pm

So a mini aspirin a day could be good medicine?

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 2:41pm

Thanks for the info Gary and Guy.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 4:04pm

@JQ

Generally speaking when things appear a certain way they generally are what they seem, the obvious explanation is generally the correct one.

As we know the increase in Covid numbers aligned perfectly with an extremely high risk scenario 10K people out on the streets together in the middle of a pandemic.

Sure it could just be a coincidence that increase in numbers aligned perfectly with the protest, but thats a big coincidence, especially when we know there were a few people at the protest with Covid 19

But that aside even if we were to say there was no direct cases linked to the protest, we still have the other very real effect of the protest changing the mindset of people that in turn allowed the virus to be spread through the community.

Either way the protest definitely have contributed to the increase in numbers in some way, the question is more really is there a direct link.

That we may never know.

You can say I'm talking this view because of my political beliefs, and i will say you are denying the obvious because of your political beliefs.

Either way if the protest never happened, it wouldn't be a topic of discussion, there either would be no increase in cases or if there was a increase in cases we would know for certain it wasn't from protest.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 4:12pm

"Generally speaking when things appear a certain way they generally are what they seem, the obvious explanation is generally the correct one."
This is so true Caspar Dreaming. When you keep banging on about BLM, it's painfully obvious you don't understand the difference between causation and correlation, so we can all assume you're as thick as pig shit.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 4:14pm

Hey Caspar Dreaming. Ever since the BLM protest in Melbourne, the surf has been absolutely shit down here. Damn you BLM protestors, I want some decent waves.
Yes Caspar. I am mocking you.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 4:40pm

Oh well all i can say is sucked in because the open beachies have had the best winter for a long time, im sure most guys down your way would have been getting plenty of good days down 13th beach way when not too small.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 4:43pm

" ... we still have the other very real effect of the protest changing the mindset of people that in turn allowed the virus to be spread through the community ......"

If that were true, and I'm not arguing against your preposition, the same would also be true of State and Federal LNP politicians and their IPA mates calling for the borders, economy and schools to reopen and for Covid19 restrictions to be relaxed around the same time of the BLM protest.

In a sense we are at war with Covid19 and I personally accept without too much judgement that mistakes will be made. As a nation it would be great if we all just united behind our political leaders and medical experts and all work together as best we can to defeat the common enemy.

But what I cannot accept is the politicisation of the pandemic by Morrison's totally risk adverse government and his talentless LNP colleagues here in Victoria. It should be very clear to all that Morrison and his government are playing a crass political game and thereby he isn't working for the best interests of the country.

The facts are the Federal Govt is legally responsible for border security, quarantine and aged care. In all areas they squibbed their responsibilities to the States while allowing new Covid19 cases into the country by insisting the airports remain open. The economy not the country's health was front of mind with the late closing of our borders. Even Trump closed borders weeks before Morrison.

Politics in Australia right now is being played very hard, in the gutter dirty so I'm wondering have we already arrived at the crass standards daily exercised in Nth America? Fuck I hope not.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 4:51pm

Very true GS.
We are also seeing corruption flourish during Covid 19. The media are simply not holding the crooks to account, with a very large number of them on the "get Dan" campaign.
Scumo's legacy will be entrenched corruption, no transparency, a hopelessly compromised public service, and a culture of un-accountability. Oh and plus a mountain of debt.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 5:09pm

No one can compare SM with DA ! Dan has shown his true bravery by promising to alleviate the debt that SM has inflicted on him by having the courage to gain access to the no strings attached rivers of Chinese gold of the BandR . Victoria will retain its crown as King of Australia. It’s only jealousy from the other states holding them back !

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 5:33pm

Sputnik 'V'
Vlad's daughter says she felt good after a shot of 'V'.
Russian Covid vaccine is under production...Mass production by years end.

https://sputnikvaccine.com/

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-08-12/russia-coronavirus-vaccine-sputni...

Fine Print : Certificate says [ Don't use before 1 Jan 2021 ]
https://www.sciencemag.org/news/2020/08/russia-s-approval-covid-19-vacci...

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 5:46pm

So let’s look at who is playing politics here and who is actually focused on the pandemic.

Defence Minister Linda Reynolds accused Dan Andrews of rejecting offers for Defence Force personnel to assist with hotel quarantine. Victoria’s emergency management commissioner, Andrew Crisp, who is in the best position to know the truth, then issued his own statement confirming that the ADF was involved in the initial planning of hotel quarantine, but that he had not sought ADF assistance and nor was it offered. The leader of the Victorian Opposition, Michael O’Brien, then wants Andrews brought before the state parliament’s public accounts and estimates committee. This would be a pointless time wasting exercise, when the existing evidence is clear that the accusations against him are false. While all Andrews wants is the freedom to do his job at the peak of the pandemic.

But we’re used to it, just the usual dumbarse fuckery from a bunch of dunderheads so short on anything but self-interest they are plannng a fossil fuel led recovery so we can look forward to lots of bushfire and flood seasons even worse than this one.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 5:55pm

What are you worried about Vic? Scomo, the treasurer and his other colleagues are looking to Thatcher and Reagan for guidance on our economic recovery. The wealth shall trickle down I say! Just like it has so successfully in the US.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 5:59pm
factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 6:20pm

There's plenty of JK Galbraith gold in that article:

"The conventional view serves to protect us from the painful job of thinking."

"Faced with the choice between changing one’s mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everybody gets busy on the proof."

"Milton Friedman’s misfortune is that his economic policies have been tried."

"The complaints of the privileged are too often confused with the voice of the masses."

"The modern conservative is engaged in one of man’s oldest exercises in moral philosophy; that is, the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 7:29pm

Classic Galbraith. In just one sentence, that last one lassoos a universe of modern thinking.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 7:55pm

Too true.

And this nugget on neo-liberalism: “If you feed enough oats to the horse, some will pass through to feed the sparrows.”

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 8:35pm

Victoria ADF Troops ( The Truth is there for all to read )

Linda is a TROLL ...Scomo was profiting from Pandemic...(Against the Law)
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/current-covid-19-coronavirus...

Scomo said up front that Dan had to pay for Libs vile Covid ADF Scam!

Let the PM's own words hang the Covid scammers...

27th March 2020 { PM Media Release } from his own Diary...

" The Commonwealth will provide support through the ABF (Australian Border Force) and ADF (Australian Defence Force) for these arrangements across Australia, and that ( States and Territories would Meet The Costs ) and determine "any contributions required for Travellers" arriving within their jurisdictions.
https://www.pm.gov.au/media/update-coronavirus-measures-270320

Technically Scomo offered a Premium ADF Lib Covid Rort" to the Vics.
ADF 1,000 x $1,000 /wk
Covid rort Flight Fares + Accom + Meals + Covid bonuses = $2m -$4m / wk.

Lib's Sydney $3,000 Accom + ADF / ABF / Red Cross / 2wks Quarantine each Vic!
Libs already hit Dan up for $5-6,000 for each Vic entry thru Syd Libs Airport Rort.

Hang on Scomo: " I'll just go & grab another $2-4million/wk for yer Lib ADF rort!"

Got a few days +10 calculators + new pack of batteries for ADF covid War extras!
https://www.defence.gov.au/PayAndConditions/ADF/Chapter-14A/Part-3/defau...

NSW run 60% Quarantine and billed all other states for breathing on them.
Feds pay half + 35% of costs were billed to interstate Premiers.(Leaves NSW 15%)
That's right folks Scomo's mistress pays just 15% quarantine bill...(Kissy! Kissy! )
As said...gets the Royal Doulton silver button bell hop service + Bibles in bedsides.

18 June / NSW bills Victoria 11.9% or $6m for Lib Gold Pass Quarantine Rort

NSW Scomo's pash doll > ADF Bell Hops / ABF Bouncers / Red Cross swizzlers.
Lib rort was billed to filthy Labor state's for farting in her posh Liberal Airport.
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-18/millions-spent-on-sydney-quaranti...

NT (0.6% bill) + Qld (14.4% bill) said fuck this posh Sydney Liberal rort...
Both started billing there own kind to pay off Scomo's girlfriend's VIP tab.

Qldurrz Salute Vic for being the only state...not to cash in on Covid -19.
( An actual world crime by the way! ) That - no one can profit from a Pandemic!
Victoria are being punished for being the only Govt acting within the law!

Oz media is so far up Scomo's arse! ** StaRShots* * Polls SkyRocket**

Wake Up Australia...Lib's Media lied again..."Read PM's Media Release" ...Durr!
https://www.pm.gov.au/media/update-coronavirus-measures-270320
They offered nothing...PM was selling ADF Covid Scams...( Gaol Lib Scammerz )
COVIDSafe app...( Jail Lib scammerz )
https://www.scamwatch.gov.au/types-of-scams/current-covid-19-coronavirus...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 12 Aug 2020 at 10:19pm

Alan Kohler earlier in the week declared the battle between labour and capital over, capital has won and that is why in his opinion economic theory needs to be rethought to stop the slide of inequity. He had some pretty derogatory things to say about this tax cuts idea Frydenberg is presenting.

Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake's picture
Westofthelake Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 8:07am

"It isn't true that government debt will have to be repaid. Governments are not like households or businesses because they control the creation of their own money."

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 8:23am

Great video. It's crazy eh.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 9:11am

This debate goes back to at least the thirties and the sides are still the same. On one side there are the conservatives, with their protestant work-ethic anxiety, calling for austerity and advocating the kind of catastrophic economic policies that leave 13% (and counting) of Australians unnecessarily living in poverty. On the progressive side are those proposing the rational proven economic policies that ended the great depression and funded war time expenditures. Which side are you on?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 10:02am

Beneath all the bullshit, get Dan is all about fracking the gas, the Star Chamber edict is get Dan, get the gas fracked, get the cash.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 10:59am

adam12, I'm sure there would be fracking companies very interested in the ALP going down at the next state election, but the get Dan campaign runs a lot deeper than just fracking.
The media is woefully under-resourced in Australia, and the more journos on the get Dan campaign (either participating or just reporting it) the fewer journos there are holding powerful people to account. Corruption is absolutely rampant in Australia at the moment and the covid 19 recovery plan is all about rewarding vested interests.
The LNP will never stand up to the fossil fuel interests. If a popular premier can get knocked out by the get Dan campaign, it's a blank check for the crooks and their LNP mates.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 11:03am

A post from mid March this year:

Silver lining time?

http://bilbo.economicoutlook.net/blog/?p=44507&fbclid=IwAR2H84X8zoyhZLG1...

"I argued that we were already amidst a paradigm shift in economic policy thinking as the dissonance of the neoliberal era brings together disparate groups – an anti-establishment citizens’ revolt, central bankers calling for fiscal action, and financial market players realising their business model has been almost terminally compromised – realise that mainstream macroeconomics is a failed discipline.

The coronavirus comes on top of that already growing dissent.

It will redefine what governments can do with their obvious fiscal capacity and will demonstrate once-and-for-all the lies that the mainstream economists tell about deficits, inflation, interest rates, etc."

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 2:39pm

Australian Influenza Anomaly could prove invaluable to Covid recovery

* Week 11 record high Flu levels fell in week 13 to record low levels every day on?
* Covid is mirroring previous Flu spikes week by week?
* Record > Zero Flu Deaths since April?
One can be forgiven for claiming 2020 Flu has been rebranded Covid -19.

tbb : "This needs closer examination!"

Flu Vaccine gives an indicator of increased demand + Govt supply
Expanding supply chain (Chemist jabs) results in temp' shortage + Govt-GP raids.

Supply increase as to Record Flu Death years.
2017-8.3m (1100 deaths) / 2018-11m / 2019-12.1m (900 deaths) / 2020-16m

2019 Anomaly- Highest number of Cases 310,00...despite highest Vax.
Showing Flu transmission was increasing + high death rates...2017/19

2020 Closer Examination of Actual VAX & cases / deaths.

March- July 2019 ~(6.8m vaccines) - End of June = 132,000 cases > 430 deaths
March- July 2020 ~(8.8m vaccines) - End of June = 21,000 cases > 36 deaths
Jan --- Aug 2020 ~(4m -Covid Tests) - 13th Aug = 22,127 cases > 352 deaths

Is Covid-19 the elusive cure for the Common Cold ?

Notes:
All southern Hemisphere Nations have also seen a marked reduction in Flu cases.
Influenza A presents in 87.3% of cases ( 34.8% of which were unsubtyped )
There are zero Flu Patients in Hospital & only one ICU patient all year!

(Oz can learn a lot from Flu Stats Anomaly)

2020 SD + o/s travel ban curbs lowest possible transmission of a common virus.
Great indicator of Covid SD impact + OZ best % of vaccine / stores / uptake.
Stats also reveal tenfold Covid cases / deaths increases once borders reopen.

But is it really that simple?

Vic Anomaly...
Any chink in Vic's quarantine armour should reflect in Higher Flu Stats (Right!)
Only they don't....Vic (Age care) Flu / stats are still flat lining...How to explain that?
Flu Stats reveal Vic vax / tests are Up & Cases are down.

1st Jan - to 26 July 2020 Oz Flu Cases by State.
NSW- 7,129 / QLD-5,903 / Vic -4,573 / SA-1,525 / WA-1,177 / NT > ACT> Tas.
Victoria is containing the 2020 Flu virus far better than NSW & Qld.

Will Oz Media equally credit Vic Health for Record low Oz Flu Cases & Deaths?
Stats clearly show Victoria are role models in containing Influenza!
Qldurrz congratulate Victoria (Height of Flu Season) 89% less cases than 2019.

Covid Testing could mask Influenza Anomaly.
Some Vic' Flu Patients are being tested for Coronavirus without a 2nd Flu Swab.
Telehealth + Respiratory Clinics prohibited Pathology access.
tbb: "Take note of this fine print...Covid Health could be downplaying Flu stats!"

Footnote: Report could equally read - 2020 Flu Patients were left for dead.

Also: Researching if [A Unsubtyped] Test Codes can be rebranded as Covid -19
The ol' Ruby Princess Clip Board Trick! ...( Catch my Spindrift! )

https://www.magonlinelibrary.com/doi/full/10.12968/jpar.2020.12.4.136

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-07-23/coronavirus-restrictions-cause-fl...

https://www2.health.vic.gov.au/public-health/infectious-diseases/infecti...

https://www1.health.gov.au/internet/main/publishing.nsf/Content/5F273366...$File/flu-08-2020.pdf

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 2:22pm

The reasons for less flu outbreaks this year TBB is everyone being more clean, washing hands, sanitising etc, social distancing, not going out and socialising and also working from home and not going anywhere if sick.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 2:24pm

You break down those transmission chains and you'll see it reduce as we've seen.

COVID is that more contagious though it still spreads easier even with these steps in place.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 4:54pm

You're right Craig! Reports say Corona Practices + testing help keep the Flu at bay.
It sounds good in theory, but tbb is still unsure if that was the reality!
Message was on cue..."Wash yer Hands Geoffrey...with the Solvol Geoffrey!"

People & Hospitals couldn't see any anti bacterial gels / soaps for months +(Now!)
Toilet Paper / Wipes were all under the counter contraband for VIP Judges.

Surfing, Swimming & Pools were banned for weeks even months & still now.
For a lot of Aussies (Most) Covid ended their only therapeutic bath time.

Pretty sure Oz has never been & smelt as filthy, even fighting over toilet paper.

Nursing Homes are obliged to apply best Hygiene.
Age care hygiene practice was a shield for the Flu but a conduit for Covid?
tbb agrees that it's puzzling & worth isolating the weakest link in cleaning list.
Reports say Church volunteers are excused sign ins & scone sterilisation rituals.
Also 20,000 Nursing /Cleaner [visas] can't read a Cleaning List or even say Hello
Only Staff are required Vax...Not [457] + Not Volunteers...Not best practice!

#1 Hygiene fails...that mock the world.
Ship & Plane's only Hotspot are stair rails > 1000's clasp on/off > o/s spreading.
#1 shared hot spots are never cleaned (Simply fold up /down slide in / 3hrs repeat!)

That grocery divider bar, thanx mate! Is not on Checkout Chix cleaning list. "Argh!"
Fuel Pump triggers are held for a good few minutes. (Not on the servo clean list)
Touch Screens Cards 3 days = 1000's/day Transmissions (Not on shopkeeper's list)

Can wash our hands all day long, but habitually fondle the hottest spots! (Humans!)

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 5:35pm

I read a comment in the Age today about Morrison's and his government's less than transparent approach to inquiries.

First, it highlighted that he had threatened legal action against the NSW Govt to block his Border Force and Quarantine officials who cleared the Ruby Princess to dock in Sydney from appearing before the offical inquiry in to that debacle.

Second, it highlighted that while Morrison was threatening legal action he held a press conference yesterday where he twice said the Commonwealth was fully co-operating with the inquiry.

WTFx2 are we some weird parallel universe?

.... and finally the comment went on to remind readers how he (Morrison) and his government had also failed to co-operate with the AFP inquiries into the wrong doings of Michaelia Cash and Angus Taylor by also blocking his two ministers from appearing before the inquiries.

... to that list I'll add his very cute attempt to side track the current RC into Aged Care via the former CMO, Barnyard Joyce's sham water buybacks inquiry and McKenzie's sports rorts inquiry.

.... but Dan Andrews, who fronts the media for at least an hour a day and has done so for months has questions to answer.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 5:42pm

And so it goes.......

"But it was shadow industrial relations minister Tony Burke who took the gloves off today, apparently angered by reports this week that business are benefiting from JobKeeper, with payments going straight to shareholders as higher dividends. Billionaire retailer Solomon Lew, one of the key advisers to Treasurer Josh Frydenberg when he designed the scheme, today reported record profits for his company Premier Investments, describing JobKeeper as a “shot in the arm” "

https://www.themonthly.com.au/today/paddy-manning/2020/13/2020/159729775...

"Industry and environment groups have questioned the point of the Coalition government’s “safeguard mechanism” – which promised to keep a lid on industrial greenhouse gas emissions – after major companies were allowed to again increase pollution without penalty.
BHP, Anglo American and Tomago Aluminium were among companies given the green light to increase emissions by a combined 1.6m tonnes of carbon dioxide a year in an announcement by the Clean Energy Regulator in late July.
The permitted increases are nearly equivalent to the 1.7m tonnes of emissions reduction purchased by the government through its main climate policy, the $2.5bn emissions reduction fund (ERF), at an auction in March. Those cuts cost taxpayers $27.6m."
https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2020/aug/13/no-purpose-to-coalit...

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 5:50pm

Love how you socialists continue to argue that day is night and night is day - I'm sure you are feeling so comfortable with yourselves, constantly reassuring one another on this thread that Dan is holier than thou and that the Libs caused the mess in (only) Victoria. Just be aware that the majority of people think you're full of shit but can't be bothered arguing with you troglodytes anymore (38 pages of your bullshit FFS).

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 6:49pm

Au contraire Mr dinosaur despite Rupert’s war Dan is still the man

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 6:49pm

D-Rex, Hotel quarantine was a mess on so many levels. Federal Government was ramming people in at a ridiculous pace, State government didn't oversee the security company well, the security companies were shonky not training their staff, and the staff were idiots.
Only 1 out of the four has put up their hand up to admit mistakes were made.
Compare that to the total lack of accountability by the Federal Government. They've fucked up royally on so many levels and have done nothing to fix their fuckups. If you can't own your mistakes you can't fix them. The only things these Liberal Party fuckers are good at is corruption and chucking others under the bus. They couldn't run a bath.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 7:30pm

"Love how you socialists continue to argue that day is night and night is day - I'm sure you are feeling so comfortable with yourselves, constantly reassuring one another on this thread that Dan is holier than thou and that the Libs caused the mess in (only) Victoria. Just be aware that the majority of people think you're full of shit but can't be bothered arguing with you troglodytes anymore (38 pages of your bullshit FFS)."

100% D-Rex

At some point you just have to laugh at it all and not even bother saying anything otherwise you just go crazy.

Just complete denial of reality....i guess that's the Swellnet bubble.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 7:34pm

"Just be aware that the majority of people think you're full of shit but can't be bothered arguing with you troglodytes anymore (38 pages of your bullshit FFS)."

The Daily Smellograph and The Orstralian double that output everyday....and last time I looked the Labor Party still gets more votes than any other party.....but yeh stick with not giving a shit, it saves all that energy you might otherwise waste on thinking.

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 7:38pm

"Just complete denial of reality....i guess that's the Swellnet bubble."

....except that until a month or so ago the same bubble was full of toxic right wing bullshit....but now, as the evidence builds, suddenly no-one wants to argue that view anymore, just sling off from the sidelines. And for someone whose views have been so consistently at odds with observable reality, it is hardly surprising that you are still struggling to locate it.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 7:43pm

More on Morrison’s Aged Care failure.

RC into Aged Care today heard the Federal Govt still have no Covid19 plan for the sector ie right now, today, no Covid19 plan.

Three of the Federal Government’s Melbourne nursing homes are in such a mess that the Vic State Govt was force to take over their operations today.

1 in 4 of the Federal Government’s nursing homes in Victoria now have Covid19 infections.

As at today 1247 residents plus over 1000 staff of the Federal Govt’s Victorian nursing homes have Covid19.

Where is Morrison and his Ministers for Aged Care and Health? They have serious questions to answer.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 7:46pm

"suddenly no-one wants to argue that view anymore"
Ah remember that bloke who told everyone to go out and spread the virus and let it rip. what was his name again?

D-Rex's picture
D-Rex's picture
D-Rex Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 7:58pm

Hey Indo, let's sit back and watch the GOFF (Gang of Four Fuckwits - Vic, facto/rectum, blowfly/blindboy and Guy) try to turn this into a Murdoch-led, conservative beat-up - should be fun.
'The buck stops with Daniel Andrews over hotel quarantine failures
OPINION: It is not what we need in the middle of all the death and suffering, but Victoria has brought this on itself: there is now a very serious division between the governments of Scott Morrison and Daniel Andrews.
The Federal Government is furious, and if he has any sense at all Daniel Andrews will be scrambling to make up.
It erupted late today around the very core issue of why Victoria has a health crisis that is costing lives, ruining lives, destroying businesses and holding the entire country back. This is what it is about: genomic testing has shown much of the second wave of coronavirus in Victoria comes from breaches in hotel quarantine.
That happened largely because the Andrews Government put in charge a bunch of public servants more used to organising junkets and hanging pictures than dealing with security and infection control.
A bunch of the security guards they hired to watch infected travellers were badly trained and sloppy.
And this, because somebody in the Andrews Government decided to reject offers from the Federal Government to use military personnel instead. Every other state used the ADF. There were few breaches.
Victorian used pen pushers and sloppy guards.
There were inevitable breaches that led to today's lockdown, death and fear.
Why this happened has been a crucial question Victorians have asked and they have had no answers.
In a parliamentary committee, the premier said it was "fundamentally incorrect" to assert ADF help was offered. He said he didn't believe the ADF support was "on offer".
The Federal Government was furious.
This led to a detailed demolition of Daniel Andrews late today in a statement from Defence Minister Linda Reynolds. She said on March 27, ADF help was offered to all states.
She said on March 28, Victoria rejected it.
"ADF officials asked whether Victorian authorities required assistance with its mandatory quarantine system on multiple occasions," she said.
It was a direct contradiction of the premier. What happened today is that the Federal Government clearly put responsibility for the resurgence of the pandemic on the Victorian premier, and the decision by somebody somewhere in his government to reject ADF help.
In simple terms, if he had accepted it, Australia would now be marching ahead and Victorians would be going to the pub and the footy like everybody else. It seems nonsense for the premier to say the help was never offered.
A press release in his own name from March 27 says after a national cabinet meeting decided on enforced quarantine of returning travellers:
"It has also been agreed that the Australian Defence Force will be in support of these arrangement."
Now he says it didn't happen.
Or was he talking about another state? The federal minister and Daniel Andrews cannot both be correct. Tomorrow the PM is likely to play it down publicly.
Don't accept that.
His minister has reacted with his approval and she has reacted savagely.
Relations between the governments and the individuals will be cool to say the least.
And look at what is at stake here.
In Victoria we are not allowed to leave our homes for more than one hour a day.
There is a curfew.
We can travel no further than 5km from home.
Businesses have closed.
Workers have lost jobs.
In Victoria 246 people have died and health officials expect a daily death toll in the 30s.'
Source: Neil Mitchell 11 Aug 2020

blowfly's picture
blowfly's picture
blowfly Thursday, 13 Aug 2020 at 8:34pm

Source: Neil Mitchell 11 Aug 2020

Hmmm and today is the...13th .......and things have moved on rapidly. The reality being, as Andrews keeps saying, is that we won't know the full story until after the enquiry. What he has been too polite to say so far is "So why don't you all just fuck off and let me do my job until we can play the blame game with all the cards on the table."

Of course the Feds love the Victorian sideshow. " Look over there! Look over there! While over here we continue to fuck things up, put money in our mates pockets and generally promote neo-lib parasitism (see 5.42 post). Any comments on those issues Drex?