COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:36am

Haters will say this is a conspiracy theory

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:39am
I focus wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Yep Goofy. Full on is putting it mildly!

Yeah I’ll say.
Just out of interest bd, are you planning on doing things like travelling internationally again? Things that you’re almost certainly going to have to be vaccinated for?
Like when do you go ok fuck it, I’m getting the jab so I can go do this…

Not having a go at you gents just your comments remined me, you should have heard the manager at my mothers nursing home go off when we were discussing possible coming vax requirements to see residents last year.

Quote or translated version, "There are people wont hesitate to get vaccinated to travel but wont get vaccinated to come in here, true story"

That is pretty sad, but no real surprise.

Plenty on here are only getting vaxxed to travel, they don't give a fuck about others. When their own little world is impacted they selfishly drop their opposition to vaccines.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:42am

At this stage of the pandemic, given the intense focus on them, I think it is put up or shut up on criticism of the TGA, that is, produce evidence of wrong doing or let go of the issue until you can. There have been constant attacks on the integrity of professionals right across the health sector none, as far as I am aware, backed up by anything more than speculation and innuendo. The end result is an undermining of the best public health advice available. No-one ever went broke under-estimating the gullibility of a section of the Australian public (best defined by their support for Donald Trump) to absurd, evidence free conspiracy theories. Some of you people should get together and start a youtube channel. There's good money to be made from bullshit these days.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
Supafreak wrote:
Ben Harding wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Ben Harding wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
blackers wrote:

Fair play Supan, my mistake. But we are talking Health Dept ie bureaucrats, not advisors like ATAGI.

So ATAGI are incapable of making mistakes ? The trials that ATAGI are giving the green light for vaccination of 5 to 11 year olds isn’t for the omicron varient, does this matter in your opinion ? They also allowed remdesivir as a treatment while the WHO doesn’t recommend it . Can you see how health experts differ in their decisions ? So is Professor Paul Kelly a bureaucrat or advisor ? Any idea how the TGA is funded blackers ? I’ll give you a hint , it’s not Australian taxpayers.

How are the TGA funded? I've recently sent them an email about a “decision notice to not amend” in regards to a substance rescheduling as their justifications for not down-scheduling two substances didn't really stack up at all. Considering the significant body of research, and statistical significance of the research trials, it was a very odd decision. Can they accept funding from private/commercial organizations? If that's the case, then their decision makes perfect sense.

To find out how they are funded simply go to their website, it’s no secret . Funding. The TGA annual budget is approximately $165 million and we operate predominantly on a cost recovery basis. The regulatory costs are recovered through fees and charges levied on sponsors and manufacturers of therapeutic goods. https://www.tga.gov.au/publication/tga-business-plan-2019-20

I had a look at this the other day, it does seem vague, but not overly underhanded or suspect.

"The regulatory costs are recovered through fees and charges levied on sponsors and manufacturers of therapeutic goods."

I would assume their fees and charges would have a standardized Schedule of Rates? No real avenue for paper bag money is there? Not advertised anyway.

I just find it strange that an agency is funded by the companies its regulating . The FDA in the US was 40 years ago funded by the taxpayer, now 40% of funding is from pig pharma, sort if leaves itself open in my opinion . People complain of corruption in government but seem to think it couldn’t happen in health agencies , weird .

Agreed, it happens everywhere, institutions or organizations don't alter human nature.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:49am
Vic Local wrote:

Nor sure whether to post this on the covid thread or the all things religion thread.
WTF was Hillsong Church thinking?
If they were trying to host a potential super spreader event, mission accomplished. Every fucking rule in the book broken and these evangelical grifters deny it despite the damning footage.
But let's take a step back. Apparently every person at that event gets RAT tested, so it's safe to assume Hillsong have / had thousands of tests just lying around.
Did they A. give them to vulnerable people like true Christians would. B) Give them to essential services people for the benefit of society or C. Give them to the least vulnerable demographic so they can run a for-profit summer camp?
Just when you thought Djokervic or Scumo were the two biggest flogs in the country, Hillsong makes a really strong charge to make the top spot on the podium.
There's two possible scenarios here: either nobody in the Hillsong Cult considered giving those tests away to more needy people, or anyone raising concerns about pissing away essential RATs on a frickin concert was ignored.
FFS hillsong, WTAF were you greedy religious fucks thinking?

Scotty and brother Stewy probably helped out.....

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:50am

@stok , make all the excuses you need to in defending the chosen experts , the fact is people died as a result of the ruby princess debacle and do you think health advisors to the government like Kelly would maybe expect possibly a new more contagious varient may appear and how will we cope ? Keep making excuses if that makes you feel better about your blind faith in the chosen ones .

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 10:56am
blindboy wrote:

At this stage of the pandemic, given the intense focus on them, I think it is put up or shut up on criticism of the TGA, that is, produce evidence of wrong doing or let go of the issue until you can. There have been constant attacks on the integrity of professionals right across the health sector none, as far as I am aware, backed up by anything more than speculation and innuendo. The end result is an undermining of the best public health advice available. No-one ever went broke under-estimating the gullibility of a section of the Australian public (best defined by their support for Donald Trump) to absurd, evidence free conspiracy theories. Some of you people should get together and start a youtube channel. There's good money to be made from bullshit these days.

Not sure who this was directed at, but seeing as I asked Supa about the TGA I'll respond. My concerns with TGA have zero to do with Covid-19 and solely to do with the available mental health treatments currently approved or in a medically practical schedule within the poisons standard. Which was the only reason why I recently sent a query to them, not anticipating a response either. With that said, I do have an interest (no issue or concern) in what they do with Covax and Novavax.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:00am
Supafreak wrote:
blackers wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
blackers wrote:

Fair play Supan, my mistake. But we are talking Health Dept ie bureaucrats, not advisors like ATAGI.

So ATAGI are incapable of making mistakes ? The trials that ATAGI are giving the green light for vaccination of 5 to 11 year olds isn’t for the omicron varient, does this matter in your opinion ? They also allowed remdesivir as a treatment while the WHO doesn’t recommend it . Can you see how health experts differ in their decisions ? So is Professor Paul Kelly a bureaucrat or advisor ? Any idea how the TGA is funded blackers ? I’ll give you a hint , it’s not Australian taxpayers.

Supa, everyone makes mistakes, particularly in the rapidly changing circumstances of this pandemic. As has been discussed here ad nauseum there are many contradictory viewpoints on this, lots of contrary opinions by different experts. I dont think ATAGI are infallible (clearly not) but they are well placed as experts in their fields, to judge the evidence, better placed than you or I. Their recommendations have changed with the emergence of new evidence. Are they the pawns of big pharma? Not sure that there is anything that really supports that. I think it is wrong to conflate the political applications of their advice with the advice and assessment process.
I can disagree with you but respect that you have a different view. We have been able to keep it civil to date and I hope we can continue to do so. I also hope you have been able to get back in the water after your recent health scare. Take care.

Yeah no problem blackers , prefer keeping it civil , respect your opinion also , surfed yesterday for 2 hours and only caught 3 waves , shit fight at the superwank , hit it at 5 am this morning and caught 1 wave and came in ,felt off and zero energy . Resting up today and will stick to long walks in the morning instead until I see cardiologist.

That’s no good, hope you get it sorted soon. You don’t want to f*ck about with your ticker. At least you got some waves, I am stuck in iso with the plague, coming up to 2 weeks now. Last week was as a close contact, this one as a positive case. Luckily the surf has been pretty lame but it is pretty dull all the same. One day feeling crook, the rest looking for something to keep the dogs busy without leaving the premises.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:06am

The best public health advice available , really? If sick go home and take ibuprofen or Panadol. Such outstanding medical advice, what we do without them ?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:06am
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:11am
Roadkill wrote:
I focus wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Yeah I’ll say.
Just out of interest bd, are you planning on doing things like travelling internationally again? Things that you’re almost certainly going to have to be vaccinated for?

Not having a go at you gents just your comments remined me, you should have heard the manager at my mothers nursing home go off when we were discussing possible coming vax requirements to see residents last year.

Quote or translated version, "There are people wont hesitate to get vaccinated to travel but wont get vaccinated to come in here, true story"

Plenty on here are only getting vaxxed to travel, they don't give a fuck about others. When their own little world is impacted they selfishly drop their opposition to vaccines.

The problem with this comparison is:

1. Covid vax doesn't stop person to person transmission, it's questionable that it even reduces it at all, if you are vaxed or un-vaxed and visiting an aged care facility in reality its irrelevant what your vaccination status is, if you have Covid you can spread it, chances of spread obviously increase if you are coughing or sneezing in which case you wouldn't be going there.

2. Countries now generally want people arriving vaccinated because it reduces hospitalisation and they dont want non citizens getting sick with Covid and taking hospital beds.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:08am
Supafreak wrote:

The best public health advice available , really? If sick go home and take ibuprofen or Panadol. Such outstanding medical advice, what we do without them ?

Yep.
2 years of scaring the living shit out of everyone to take the jab, now it’s take a Panadol and drink water.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:20am

To be fair, Omicron is very different to Delta so medical advice and concern should change to reflect the difference.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:22am
Roadkill wrote:
I focus wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Yeah I’ll say.

Who’s doing that roadkill? Come on name and shame. Or you talking shit again?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:24am
burleigh wrote:

Now I know why VicLocal likes the face nappies.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10400153/amp/Wearing-facemask-m...

I like face masks during a pandemic because they are a very cheap and very easy way to protect my health and the health of those people around me.
Burleigh on the other hand mocks mask wearers because... how should I put this,,, ah this will do...because he's a complete fucking moron.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:27am
indo-dreaming wrote:

To be fair, Omicron is very different to Delta so medical advice and concern should change to reflect the difference.

Ok indo fair enough, what was the previous advice over the last 2 years ?

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:35am

Maybe this has already been posted:

It's cliff notes from the Joe Rogan podcast with Robert Malone.

Unfortunately until Governments come clean then there will always be hesitancy.

Still waiting on that Novovax to arrive. Fuck mRNA.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:11pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

1. Covid vax doesn't stop person to person transmission, it's questionable that it even reduces it at all, if you are vaxed or un-vaxed and visiting an aged care facility in reality its irrelevant what your vaccination status is, if you have Covid you can spread it, chances of spread obviously increase if you are coughing or sneezing in which case you wouldn't be going there.

2. Countries now generally want people arriving vaccinated because it reduces hospitalisation and they dont want non citizens getting sick with Covid and taking hospital beds.

ID this happened before Omicron and mandates (WA) it was just a refection on attitudes general nursing care being at the pointy end where the dead bodies pile up, again my comments weren't pointed at Goof's conversation.

In regards to Government health agencies operations and advice.

I have a relative (well quantified health professional) who was involved with drug approvals working for the government for some time (no longer) and I asked about influences etc only recently.
Answer was (laughing at the thought) that she had never in all her years seen or heard off anything untoward, to many hands involved with processes, people aren't that smart, the players generally are way to conservative, checks and balances, big down side risks if caught.

Mistakes are a different matter but remember these organisations as a rule are ultra conservative.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:55am
Roadkill wrote:
gsco wrote:

stok I think what you mean is your bias is to accept the direction and opinions the government decides to listen to and run with.

There is a lot of disagreement and debate between the experts. When we face a choice point, the experts all thrash it out and then the government decides on a course of action.

Consequently, only one set of expert views is taken, all the others are thus discarded. The experts whose views the government didn't take up are still actually experts though.

And a lot of nations decide to listen to the views of the other experts the government didn't run with, and hence take a different course of action. There's a wide variety of responses to covid between nations, all following the advice of their own experts. These nations are doing pretty well too.

You seem to be making the mistake of labelling, criticising and discrediting the experts whose views were not taken up by Australia as some kind of whack job nutters who are in fact wrong, biased, and have some kind of political agenda.

You're also therefore labelling and discrediting entire nations who took a different course of action and listened to the opinions of different experts.

That's extremely naive, biased, one-dimensional, one-sided and simplistic, and indeed very disrespectful to a lot of experts and entire nations.

I wish we lived in such a simplistic world in which there was in fact one uniformly agreed upon, correct and best advice, but there isn't. There's a lot of uncertainty and unknowns in a pandemic situation.

What you're really describing is more like an expert worshipping religious belief scenario like people who accept a certain religion completely don't accept other religions.

“stok I think what you mean is your bias is to accept the direction and opinions the government decides to listen to and run with.”

Geeez, you just don’t get it. That is not at all what stok thinks.

gsco, your bias is showing, a bias easily swayed by listening to halfwits.

actually... that's exactly what stock thinks... he even went into great detail explaining it...

bias and halfwits indeed!

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 11:59am
Roadkill wrote:

nsw, 63,018 new COVID-19 cases and 29 deaths

I wonder what the real number are.

356,018 new covid 19 cases and 7 deaths

I used my own calculator... but it's almost as good as the 1980s casio they are using...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:03pm
Vic Local wrote:

Nor sure whether to post this on the covid thread or the all things religion thread.
If they were trying to host a potential super spreader event, mission accomplished. Every fucking rule in the book broken and these evangelical grifters deny it despite the damning footage.
But let's take a step back. Apparently every person at that event gets RAT tested, so it's safe to assume Hillsong have / had thousands of tests just lying around.
Did they A. give them to vulnerable people like true Christians would. B) Give them to essential services people for the benefit of society or C. Give them to the least vulnerable demographic so they can run a for-profit summer camp?
Just when you thought Djokervic or Scumo were the two biggest flogs in the country, Hillsong makes a really strong charge to make the top spot on the podium.
There's two possible scenarios here: either nobody in the Hillsong Cult considered giving those tests away to more needy people, or anyone raising concerns about pissing away essential RATs on a frickin concert was ignored.

nice to see you getting a bit closer to the truth...

see, you don't need to lie all the time and spread all that dangerous misinformation and hyperbole to make your point

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:10pm
sypkan wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

nice to see you getting a bit closer to the truth...

see, you don't need to lie all the time and spread all that dangerous misinformation and hyperbole to make your point

Yep. Gotta be the first time I agree with everything you’ve written Vic.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:20pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
I focus wrote:
goofyfoot wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Yeah I’ll say.

"Covid vax doesn't stop person to person transmission, it's questionable that it even reduces it at all"

And here is me thinking you might actually have a brain..and then you post this?

It is 100% fact that transmission is reduced with vaccine.

You just lowered yourself to being a misinformation spreading fuckwit.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:37pm

Oh look, Roadkill is morphing into his idol Covid Caped Crusaders and getting all sweary to get his point across

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:42pm

@Roadkill

Many countries with very high Covid vaccine rates like Australia are seeing some of fastest growth rates of Omicron in the world. (and in our case may of us have had the jab within the last few months)

IF and thats a big IF, Covid vaccines reduce person to person transmission with Omicron its clearly close to irrelevant.

The game has changed with Omicron, the sooner people understand this the better.

By all mean's take the vaccine like i have and even boster shots but do it for your own health, not some fantasy that it's going to stop or even reduce the spread of Omicron.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:43pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:

Oh look, Roadkill is morphing into his idol Covid Caped Crusaders and getting all sweary to get his point across

well fitzroy, when someone deliberatly posts 100% inaccurate info, they kind of lower themselves into the gutter...and get called out.

Tell me, fitzroy, do you think what Indo said, and I called him out on was true?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:45pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

@Roadkill

Many countries with very high Covid vaccine rates like Australia are seeing some of fastest growth rates of Omicron in the world. (and in our case may of us have had the jab within the last few months)

IF and thats a big IF, Covid vaccines reduce person to person transmission with Omicron its clearly close to irrelevant.

The game has changed with Omicron, the sooner people understand this the better.

By all mean's take the vaccine like i have and even boster shots but do it for your own health, not some fantasy that it's going to stop or even reduce the spread of Omicron.

You are trying to walk it back now, indo.
Atleast try and post accurate stuff.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:47pm
Roadkill wrote:
fitzroy-21 wrote:

well fitzroy, when someone deliberatly posts 100% inaccurate info, they kind of lower themselves into the gutter...and get called out.

Tell me, fitzroy, do you think what Indo said, and I called him out on was true?

Roadkill the ultimate peanut strikes again.

Only an utter fool would look at Australia vax and confirmed case numbers at still believe it stops transmission.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 12:51pm

Aaah the idiot collective in full cry!

Simple message! Vaccination, particularly with a booster, significantly reduces serious illness and hospitaisation with all variants including omicron. That is the key public health message and is what has, so far, kept our hospitals functioning and able to cope with all the usual emergencies that turn up at their door as well as to maintain the more serious type of elective surgeries. If people, with no expertise, or interest beyond winning a point, want to cast doubt on the usefulness of vaccination as a public health measure, they are either morons or are deliberately spreading misinformation (on here every fucking day). The first might be forgivable, the second stands as evidence of being a complete low life, shit sucking fuckwit.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:00pm

Covid alpha was a game changer, the vaccines were game changers, then delta, that changed the game for sure but now omicron has changed the game again.
I didn't want to play in the first place, it's a shit game and the rules fucken change all the time.
I'd say cash in my chips, I'm not playing anymore, but I don't like the sound of that analogy either.
Sheesh, is the Backdoor shootout on again? I like watching that, that is a game changer.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:08pm
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

@Roadkill

Im not trying to walk anything back, if you have read into my post inaccurately thats your fault.

I have never been anti vax, ive been pro vax from the start until now.

But we also need to be open and honest and adapt our views as things progress and change with variants.

At one point they did beleive Covid vaccines reduced person to person transmission, maybe it did with Wuhan or Delta but its pretty clear from Australia currently and much of the world that if it does with Omicron its close to irrelevant.

The reality is, if you compared Omicron growth rates in countries with high vax rates and low vax rates there is basically no difference and due to other factors infection growth rates can even be faster in highly vaxed countries, Australia is a good example. (and even when we are in summer too)

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:15pm
blindboy wrote:

Aaah the idiot collective in full cry!

Simple message! Vaccination, particularly with a booster, significantly reduces serious illness and hospitaisation

Until it doesn’t.

Remember when one dose gave you some protection and 2 doses was full protection?

Now it’s 3 monthly boosters and you just blindly trust whatever is thrown at you.

Do any of you that plan on getting your booster, plan on getting another in 3 months? You happy to sign up for years to have no guarantee that it will even protect you?

The government is so caught between a fear campaign to get you boostered and slowly letting you all know you’ve been possibly conned with their take a Panadol and drink water health advise.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:17pm
burleigh wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
fitzroy-21 wrote:

Roadkill the ultimate peanut strikes again.

Only an utter fool would look at Australia vax and confirmed case numbers at still believe it stops transmission.

burleigh, Omicron is a different beast, however Delta and others is still in the community. Vaccines limit transmissions, that is fact. It is erroneous to say anything else. But, hey...why let that fact get in the way.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:24pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

@Roadkill

Im not trying to walk anything back, if you have read into my post inaccurately thats your fault.

I have never been anti vax, ive been pro vax from the start until now.

But we also need to be open and honest and adapt our views as things progress and change with variants.

At one point they did beleive Covid vaccines reduced person to person transmission, maybe it did with Wuhan or Delta but its pretty clear from Australia currently and much of the world that if it does with Omicron its close to irrelevant.

The reality is, if you compared Omicron growth rates in countries with high vax rates and low vax rates there is basically no difference and due to other factors infection growth rates can even be faster in highly vaxed countries, Australia is a good example. (and even when we are in summer too)

Off course you are trying to walk it back..now you are trying to bring the focus on Omicron only.

100% vaccines limit transmission.

As far as I can tell there is no fact based info available yet on vaccines and Omicrom transmissions...so you are shooting off your mouth again.

It does look likely that vaccines won't do much to stop Omicron transmission..yes, things change.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:27pm

ID, your angle about whether or not to vaccinate based on it's effectiveness with omnicron is just ridiculous. It took more than 6 months of solid jabbing to get to our current vaccination rate and the process started well before Omnicron arrived on the scene.
High vax rates saved thousands upon thousands of lives during Delta, and nobody knows where we will be in 6 months time.
Stopping vaccines or not boosting based on the current wave could well have lethal consequences for the next variety.
I'm getting boosted in three days because nobody knows what will happen in the next few months and I'd much rather have an imperfect vaccine rather than no protection at all.
Remember that time you finally pulled a root when you were 19 and used the out of date franger you bought when you were 13? Well it's the same situation, Best use something that isn't perfect rather than go bare back champ.

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:40pm

Roadkill says:

"It does look likely that vaccines won't do much to stop Omicron transmission..yes, things change.

"

Interesting, so are crew back to square one? First dose/second dose + booster for Omicron? From a Govt verification point of view.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:40pm
goofyfoot wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Yeah I’ll say.

Hey Goofy. Yeah good question,. To be honest don't really have an answer. I've maintained all along when the government come and put their boot on my neck, metaphorically and literally, then i guess i'll succumb, but still a long way off that. The more they push the more i want to push back and reject their forced mandates. But at some point i've gotta eat and have a roof over my head.
There's alot of people in the same boat. I'd be open to a vaccine that is safe, effective and proven, not this shit. It's more about principle now.
Luckily living in WA, there's not as big a need to travel overseas for great surf but yeah, would be epic to get back to the pacific islands. Might have to sail there!
Btw, regarding McGowan..I'm surprised people like VL, Roadkill and Blindboy who are so against people spreading misinformation have nothing to say about the premier of a state outright lying that being unvaccinated increases the risk of transmitting covid. So vocal usually on any misinformation.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 1:42pm

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:11pm

All the talk about transmission is irrelevant and a distraction from the core public health messaging. Yes we know that omicron is more infectious and has a higher breakthrough rate. Do we have enough data to be sure of the difference in the size of that breakthrough rate between delta and omicron? Probably not as most available tests do not distinguish between them. If anyone has hard data relevant to that put it up. If not, stop rabbiting on about irrelevancies. We know what to do. Get vaccinated, get boosted, wear a mask, avoid crowds in doors. And for the fuckwits who refuse to get vaccinated, the sensible behaviour of the vast majority will probably ensure there is a hospital bed available for you or your family member, when needed.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:21pm

Notice again the intense language used by those pushing for everyone to get vaccinated. The similarities to what happened in Germany in the late 30's and early 40s is becoming more and more aligned. Heil BB!!

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:25pm
bluediamond wrote:

Luckily living in WA, there's not as big a need to travel overseas for great surf but yeah, would be epic to get back to the pacific islands. Might have to sail there!
Btw, regarding McGowan..I'm surprised people like VL, Roadkill and Blindboy who are so against people spreading misinformation have nothing to say about the premier of a state outright lying that being unvaccinated increases the risk of transmitting covid. So vocal usually on any misinformation.

BD surfs been rubbish around my neck of the woods (Mandurah) as for McGowan over all I think he has been fairly straight I know he doesn't enjoy the lock downs and to be honest if he messes it up I always take comfort and blame the fact he's from NSW ha ha.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:34pm
bluediamond wrote:

Notice again the intense language used by those pushing for everyone to get vaccinated. The similarities to what happened in Germany in the late 30's and early 40s is becoming more and more aligned. Heil BB!!

Oh fuck off you utter twat BD.
What a fucking insult to Jewish people. Nobody is putting you in gas chambers you absolute flog. Nobody is pinning you down and forcing you to get vaccinated. There's just consequences for your idiotic life style choices, and the reason for those consequences is to protect the health system and other people around you.
Fuck you you complete arsehole.

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:39pm

“ If anyone has hard data relevant to that put it up. If not, stop rabbiting on about irrelevancies. We know what to do. Get vaccinated, get boosted, wear a mask, avoid crowds in doors. And for the fuckwits who refuse to get vaccinated, the sensible behaviour of the vast majority will probably ensure there is a hospital bed available for you or your family member, when needed.” - blindboy

You’re not at school now bb, stop demanding people do what you say, this is a surfing website forum. Not a doctors convention.

If people want to talk about things you deem irrelevant then they are free to do so.
If you don’t like it don’t read it. Simple.

You don’t run the joint mate.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:48pm

"You’re not at school now bb, stop demanding people do what you say, this is a surfing website forum. Not a doctors convention.

If people want to talk about things you deem irrelevant then they are free to do so.
If you don’t like it don’t read it. Simple.

You don’t run the joint mate."

well a-fucking-men to that!

how's the arrogance of the twat?

as if people are not talking about the ins and outs of the virus, the vaccines, the shortcomings, the lies, nisinformation and general bullshit in real life...

but no no not here! ... on bindboy's personal digital mein kempf... that will not be tolerated...

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 2:54pm

Oh dear Godwin's Law been invoked, only 225 pages too.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 3:15pm

"What is extraordinary about the last two weeks in Australia is not only the large numbers of people infected with Covid but the psychological volte-face required to withstand this new reality.

The volte-face is this: going from being able to name or be aware of individual cases in the community (barbecue guy, the limo guy, the removalists) to almost everyone you know seeming to have it all at once. The disorientation is supreme. We’ve gone from nationwide surveillance, policing, punishment and public shaming in the media for having it, to this; the government saying it’s OK to go to work and be a close contact, to being sick and not being able to get tested, to shops and businesses shut because so many staff are sick, to supply chains being disrupted because of Covid. Quite suddenly we are living in a completely different reality from the previous two years...."

and how's that new reality going?

sky falling in?

pretty much it's like... 'everyone I know has a cold'

"...We have shown that we are nothing if not adaptable over the last two years – but I have seen nothing from the politicians acknowledging that this part of the journey is going to be challenging for many. Many Australians got really scared for the better part of two years and the government and the media didn’t let up when it came to hammering in the fear. The fear isn’t going to go away overnight just because many people experience the virus in its mild form...."

talk of media hammering... but it appears not a shred of brigid or guardian mea culpa in there...

none... absolutely none...

"...You can’t freak people out for that long and that hard without expecting some residual traces of that fear to remain in the system..."

agreed...

"...Predicting anything in this pandemic has been impossible, but I do sense one thing: after the fear subsides, there will be anger."

oh yeh, there will be anger alright... but I'm sensing brigid's spider senses are terribly unaware at what...

fucken guardian... utter trash...

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2022/jan/14/you-cant-freak-aus...

at least some get it...

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/we-failed-danish-newspaper-apologizes...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 3:01pm
Vic Local wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Oh fuck off you utter twat BD.
What a fucking insult to Jewish people. Nobody is putting you in gas chambers you absolute flog. Nobody is pinning you down and forcing you to get vaccinated. There's just consequences for your idiotic life style choices, and the reason for those consequences is to protect the health system and other people around you.
Fuck you you complete arsehole.

Again...the language. Notice how im not speaking to you like that vl. How im not demanding you don't get vaxed because I respect your choice.
Notice how you've bought into the ideology thats being sold to create division and how youre now part of that narrative that creates division. Notice what happened in Germany in ww2 when EXACTLY the same formula was applied and blindly followed....it would b an insult to those Jews not to learn from the past.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm

EC6-F81-E5-3546-4-C8-E-A39-A-9-D78-D1-E40841

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 3:06pm
blackers wrote:

Oh dear Godwin's Law been invoked, only 225 pages too.

I certainly didn't start it... I'm just rolling with it...

but, if it quacks...

and, I reckon you're about 220 pages out

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 14 Jan 2022 at 3:07pm