COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

shoredump's picture
shoredump's picture
shoredump Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 6:43am

The solution isn’t to lock Novax out, it’s to open the borders to all whether they are vaxxed or not. The virus is here already ffs there’s nothing much* to be achieved by locking them out

*1% of the 1% that catch it during their stay will add to hospital numbers (approx)

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 6:46am

Is this Scomo’s Tampa? (John Howard 'We will decide who comes to this country and the circumstances in which they come')

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 6:48am
burleigh wrote:
Snuffy Smith wrote:

Could be the or should be the final comment for this thread period spot on mate/bloke To each their own. This isn't strictly a medicine, but a tool to limit the spread of a relatively dangerous virus, prevent overburdening of public health facilities and to get the economy ticking again before the house of cards falls. Overcoming this pandemic requires a team effort, and if you're not playing ball, you're just plain selfish.

Overburdening the healthcare system falls completely onto the government and the fear campaigns surrounding them from the MSM.

A few months ago they were scaring the living shit out of anybody that would listen, now with covid here to stay they wonder why people are calling 000 when they have a positive case.

Now they say if you have covid symptoms to stay home and get a thermometer, it’s gone from the death plague to the common cold.

No I won’t play ball and get an experimental vaccine that does not stop transmission of the virus.

The only thing dangerous right now is anyone still defending the government & MSM for their actions in the last 18 months to get to where we are now.

Yeah and if you can find a rat and test positive they say don’t get a pcr test now lol, it’s hard to keep up.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:03am

so 15 % nursing and senior staff quit Tweed heads hospital...burnt out etc ....but the NSW Govt says everything going great , best system in the World or just political bullshit as usual....

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/jan/06/falling-over-in-a...

discoduma's picture
discoduma's picture
discoduma Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:07am
ringostarr wrote:
gsco wrote:

Went down for a swim since I thought my comment would go ignored...

BB, VL, Roadkill and those of a similar persuasion, I'm just not sure how you can have such unwavering, steadfast faith and belief, and no doubt or questions or skepticism, in one particular view and side to a debate. Very impressive though to believe so strongly in something.

The more I try to educate myself about the issue, the more doubts I seem to have, the less it seems that I know, and the less I seem to lean towards one side of the story or the other.

I don't think asking questions about going on around oneself equates to being a conspiracy theorist.

I also don't think it's unreasonable to wonder if commercial realities are a significant driver of what's going on around us right now. We do live in a market economy in which commercial interests and profits are the main driver.

(BB re the biology thing, can they not prove the same thing for all previous coronavirus strains/variants throughout history?)

Guys like blowin, sypkan, bluediamond, supafreak, shortenism, etc, question what's going on around them. It would seem naive to not do this? Are we really in the age where we are not allowed to do this?

I like what you did there gcso, putting a stake in the higher ground by purporting to demonstrate impartiality and objectivity. I have been following this thread since it started and wasted far too much time reading the rants from both sides of the fence. But I do keep on coming back, i can't help myself. From my seat, over the journey the "Guys like blowin, sypkan, bluediamond, supafreak, shortenism, etc," are just as unwavering and steadfast in their own views as the guys that you claim to be unwavering and steadfast and lacking in scepticism or questions. From my reading of this thread, a dominant theme of many posts from the names you quoted above ("blowin, sypkan, bluediamond, supafreak, shortenism") is that they think they are more intelligent, more sceptical and better credentialled to comment than the followers of other schools of thought, because those other schools of thought are just sheep who folllow the MSM. I don't see any sceptisim coming through in their posts, they have their own views and nothing will shift them from them, even when there is good reason to doubt them (or when they are just wrong). As with most things, the truth is probably somewhere in the middle.

well said!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:16am
shoredump wrote:

The solution isn’t to lock Novax out, it’s to open the borders to all whether they are vaxxed or not. The virus is here already ffs there’s nothing much* to be achieved by locking them out

*1% of the 1% that catch it during their stay will add to hospital numbers (approx)

Fuck Novak, and fuck those who let him in.
Too many people have not been allowed to visit dying family members, attend funerals etc etc.
consistency of message needs to be maintained.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:16am

New patent-free COVID vaccine developed as “gift to the world”. https://newatlas.com/health-wellbeing/patent-free-coronavirus-vaccine-pr...

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:48am
tomrnoir wrote:
Ben Harding wrote:

Huge detriment to society? In what way? That's very broad mate and really doesn't cut it in IMO. If there was such a huge detriment to society then that issue was well ingrained within our tech culture well before covid 2020. Very hasty generalization and I think looking at recent statistics..

https://www.abs.gov.au/statistics/labour/employment-and-unemployment/lab...

We are going ok as a nation recovering from this.

You express distaste at my apparent generalisation and then use employment figures as the sole indicator of societal wellbeing? Goodness me.

Ben Harding wrote:

Alternative theories? Debunked by whom? Mainstream media pundits perhaps? Alternative theories like the ABS' own statistics on survival rate that was just posted? With the anti-vax crowd,..come on man, that is now a minority. It appears most crew on here are vaxxed, so that's out the window. I really feel like you're just regurgitating mainstream media talking points at this stage man.

Most unswayed medical professionals on the planet. Action in curtailing the virus' spread has been pretty close to unanimous in mid-high earning economies. Heck, even North Korean citizens are masking up (albeit they're predictably coy on their vaccination program).

[ABS figures] - It'd be naive to make conclusions on Covid's severity based on Australian data. The fact is, this virus has killed 1 in ~ 60 people it has infected. And the majority of evidence concerning real figures imply underreporting of deaths.

And the 'mainstream media regurgitation' play is very speculative, mate - especially with me; analysing media bias happens to be a favourite pastime of mine ;).

Ben Harding wrote:

Very authoritarian of you. Instead of booting and stripping their citizenship, make someone's life a living hell/prison in their own country. Just as extreme mate, probably worse as they wouldn't be allowed to leave either I presume? Nice.

Goodness me, way to melodramatise the point at hand. Consider:

1) Why the restrictions/mandates are in place to begin with; and
2) Whether getting immunised really is as great a deal as skeptics are making it out to be

... then read your comment over.

Ben Harding wrote:

I was referring to 35k infections yesterday but it was an interesting read. Page 4 (again) highlights valid questions around why they didn't account for actual figures surrounding hospitalisations and covid severity within this report, how much were these figures going to skew that stats (8,660 hospitalisations over a four month period):

"†Not all cases were hospitalized due to COVID-19 severity; in particular those at the extremes of age (ie elderly and children) may
have been hospitalized for monitoring, infection control purposes, or social reasons."

For sure, closer (qualitative) interpretation of the data may move some figures around, though the positive impact of vaccines is incontrovertible. And your implication of vaccine inefficacy in the context of Omicron is misled - the KPI here is hospitalisation rates, which at this stage (owing to other factors also) are very favourable.

Ben Harding wrote:

I totally disagree.The motivation to take any medicine should not be seen as a “duty to society” but as a personal choice with the variables accounted for by our own individual and interpersonal circumstances, not anyone else’s. I have just seen before that you are on the same page as Vic Local on this. That's fine man, agree to totally disagree.

To each their own. This isn't strictly a medicine, but a tool to limit the spread of a relatively dangerous virus, prevent overburdening of public health facilities and to get the economy ticking again before the house of cards falls. Overcoming this pandemic requires a team effort, and if you're not playing ball, you're just plain selfish.

this is the last one from me to you:

You didn't answer my original, so one can't be fucked with this anymore and two, it's just broad sweeping assumption with you.

I provided employment statistics as a metric as you repeatedly failed to answer where this huge detriment to society at play was unfolding and if it was relevant to this pandemic or symptomatic of the technological times we are living in. Trying to get to the bottom of what you meant I offered sarcastic answers like "time spent surfing" & you swallowed them up (for most people, online time is between 6pm and 9pm, not much surfing getting done between those hours). When pressed further and called out, refuse to answer and call me out. Great work!

Most unswayed medical professional? Where? On TV perhaps? Being published by WSJ, the Aus, the guardian, SMH, Government health care practiconers? Well of course that communication is going to be homogeneous. I have spoken to GPs from the Goldy to SC and friends in the medical field and I can gaurentee there is no universal agreement on any of this. Questions are and should be asked. You saying there should not be are you?

We are now seeing plenty of health care professionals publically out there making noise about this now also.

On ABS stats, one minute you are telling me it's naive to make conclusions on Australian data solely as there is an under reporting of the deaths? The next paragraph your telling me to accept KPIs from hosptialisations metrics from the NSW government as the most conclusive data after I've highlighted the very fact that hosptialisations aren't necessarily due to COVID severity...

On France, please, again, quickly back track and call me out for melodrama. When I'm just summarising Macaron measures into every day language. Did you even read that article. If that's not house arrest than what is it?

How can you speak for others by saying "getting immunised is no big deal?" You can't mate so that's a moot point.

This isn't strictly medicine...hhmm? This medicine is simply one tool of many measures that we can all make to stay safe. As we have seen repeatedly, mainstream medicine is firmly committed to wellbeing through chemistry alone. Look at how many crew are on anti psychotics & anti depressants, the world over. If they worked then why are people still on them? The stats on this don't lie. As drugs are so profitable, rarely will you see a major medical study financed then published on the efficacy of treatments other than the options currently on the table. Everything else is considered "alternative" or "anti-vax", depends which issue is on the table.

The irony of you calling others selfish when you know zero of others circumstances.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:22am

Coles can’t find staff…my daughter’s Coles has a heap of kids off with covid…so they call my daughter and give her a shift everyday this week…it seems to me to be throwing kids onto the frontline, work them until they catch it and then…next up. Duty of care seems pretty much non existent.
A conveyer belt of covid ready kids.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:30am
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

1-A948-EB3-345-A-4-DEA-B815-927-BF1-DD943-D

SF, you guys don’t question science, you irrationally scream it down and refuse to listen.

Ok roadkill the floors yours , lay it out for me . What exactly is the science that I’m screaming down and what am I refusing to listen too ?

If you don’t want to respond roadkill I understand

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:30am
Roadkill wrote:

Coles can’t find staff…my daughter’s Coles has a heap of kids off with covid…so they call my daughter and give her a shift everyday this week…it seems to me to be throwing kids onto the frontline, work them until they catch it and then…next up. Duty of care seems pretty much non existent.

What would be the alternative for Coles?

It is what it is, it's happened and is going to happen in any country with a Covid wave.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:32am
shoredump wrote:

100%

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:40am

ringostarr, I think that's a decent, objective and balanced comment. Good stuff!

Re the "I like what you did there" part, I actually wasn't trying to do anything in particular, but I can see how it'd be interpreted as such. I agree that people on either extreme of an issue are equally guilty of having their ego very welded to and identified with their extreme belief system, and that the truth is always somewhere in the middle - or perhaps I'd lean much more towards thinking that there is no truth, just competing interests and agendas.

Every morning when I wake up, have a cup of tea and check the wind and surf cams, I read original, insightful and unique viewpoints, perspectives and ideas in these forums on many topics including covid, particularly from the people who are labelled in here as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists. Most of these ideas I can't read in the mainstream media or government narrative or so-called "expert" opinion. Yes some of the ideas expressed are out there, but I'm stoked on them and I regularly find myself saying something like cool that's original, insightful and unique, I would not have thought of that myself, I value reading and pondering about it.

A major thing I value about these forums is the diversity of opinions and perspectives. I regularly get my belief system completely exposed, challenged, deconstructed and disposed of on many topics. I'm super grateful for this. On covid, my belief system has been decimated and shattered and I no longer have one at all -it went from 100% welded to the government and "expert opinion" line, to disillusionment and despair (fwiw I'm now triple vaccinated...). I'm very relaxed about not identifying with any particular belief system on covid that I need to spend significant time, energy and emotional capital on defending and justifying, particularly by personally attacking and degrading people who I perceive as threatening my belief system and hence me personally. Life seems much better like that!

Of course this is a regular pattern of behaviour in not just internet forums but everywhere in life: it's normal for one to react impulsively and emotionally, and lash out at and personally attack and negatively label someone who threatens one's own belief system and worldview.

I'm grateful that in these forums there are people actually spending the time to personally attack and criticise me, and consequently help me practice and improve my ability to be non-impulsive and nonreactive, and to not feel threatened when someone challenges my belief system and worldview, but instead to carefully consider what they say and allow my beliefs to crumble if it seems correct to do so.

Due to these forums I seem to have come to the conclusion that life is better when I have no belief system or worldview at all on any topics, but instead just questions and wondering, without get attached and welded to any particular opinion or belief. fyi I have no social media or participate in any other online forums.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:41am
Supafreak wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

SF, you guys don’t question science, you irrationally scream it down and refuse to listen.

Ok roadkill the floors yours , lay it out for me . What exactly is the science that I’m screaming down and what am I refusing to listen too ?

It’s been said multiple times over, you didn’t accept it previously so no need to repost again and again…as you won’t ever accept the science.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:43am

We looking at an episode of "The Joker and the Thief"? Ha.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 7:48am
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

It’s been said multiple times over, you didn’t accept it previously so no need to repost again and again…as you won’t ever accept the science.

What science exactly am I not excepting, I’m double vaccinated have been since August 2021 with AZ You are dodging the question

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:02am

@roadkill you accuse others of making shit up then proceed to make shit up .

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:23am

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220105-israel-records-highest-da...

"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part.”
― Richard P. Feynman

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:25am

Novak visa revoked, turned around at airport .

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:29am

"Due to these forums I seem to have come to the conclusion that life is better when I have no belief system or worldview at all on any topics, but instead just questions and wondering, without get attached and welded to any particular opinion or belief."

gsco, this point of view is a luxury that you may be able to afford now but will come back to cause youy problems when you have to make serious decisions about real life. I hope it never happens but what would you do if you had cancer? Would you continue to find ideas about treatment "out there, insightful etc". or go straight to mainstream medicine? I worked with a bloke at one stage who developed bowel cancer and, after searcing the internet, decided that the best treatment was a bit of slightly radioactive Uranium ore on a chain around his neck. He died, from a highly treatable cancer, about 6 months later.
I find a lot of people are highly selective about science and medicine. They believe the bits that fit in with their existing views and reject the bits that don't. This usually has nothing to do with the evidence and a lot to do with their habits of mind. Having an open mind is great but these days, more than ever, it is important to keep your your bullshit detector turned up to 11.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:35am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

What would be the alternative for Coles?

It is what it is, it's happened and is going to happen in any country with a Covid wave.

It is forward facing staff and click and colect staff that are getting covid. So, their virus transmission mitagation does not appear to be working..maybe they should adjust this and ensure masks are worn, Here in QLD at supermarkets, half the customers are not wearing masks and there is zero enforcement.
They don't seem to be making much effort to protect kids/staff.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:33am
Supafreak wrote:

Fair call I reckon...
Comment not based on vaccine, but on what is fair. If a teacher or nurse has to get vaxxed to keep their job, then multi millonaire sport stars/ celebrities should also play by these rules....
Disclaimer: I don't agree with mandatory vaccination, but am vaxxed myself.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:34am
Supafreak wrote:

someone finally read the room.

Fucking hilarious. Good job

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:35am
Supafreak wrote:

not really

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:37am

"I'm grateful that in these forums there are people actually spending the time to personally attack and criticise me, and consequently help me practice and improve my ability to be non-impulsive and nonreactive, and to not feel threatened when someone challenges my belief system and worldview, but instead to carefully consider what they say and allow my beliefs to crumble if it seems correct to do so."

Quick to pull the victim card, with a nice passive aggressive response. lol

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:50am
Supafreak wrote:

Someone fucked up.

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:53am
aaron61 wrote:

https://www.france24.com/en/live-news/20220105-israel-records-highest-da...

"If you thought that science was certain - well, that is just an error on your part.”
― Richard P. Feynman

"While there were currently nearly 60,000 people with Covid in Israel, the number of serious cases on Wednesday was only 125"

So whats the panic ? Where's the fire ? Wish the MSM would calm down a little and help people to calm down. Reminds me of the GFC.

Roystein's picture
Roystein's picture
Roystein Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 8:56am

I think the Novak situation is sad.
It shows:
1) that there are question marks over the integrity of the independent review committees and possibly the organisers of the tournament
2) politicising every aspect of the ongoing pandemic continues as the feds stamp their “authority”
3) people will applaud the decision because it’s “fair” but all they are applauding is another human who may have medical or philosophical reasons to make a choice about how they live their life in reality has less rights in terms of freedom of movement than others

I am an optimist but it’s a sad state of a world that we are living in

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:08am

In the Collaroy and Wamberal seawall articles, Craig, Steve, BB and a whole host of other seemingly very well-hinged, sane and educated people are questioning the mainstream, government and so-called "expert" opinion and narrative, decision-making process and final course of action. To them it, in particular the final outcome, is very clearly and obviously seriously flawed and seemingly quite stupid, and they appear to be wondering how the situation ever got to this.

In disagreeing with the "experts" and government decision, should these people now also be personally attacked and labeled as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists who are really just bottom dwelling, armchair expert lowlifes whose opinions and questioning is all just conspiracy theory with no evidence, or as BB put it, people with marginal qualifications and indeed within a layer of totally unqualified parasites who are happy to promote any bullshit as long as it boosts their audience and earns them more money?

I personally don't believe so.

BB don't worry I think my bullshitometer is well tuned.

Roadkill actually I wasn't trying to play any victim card, or be passive aggressive. Just literally objectively stating the fact that people have criticised and attacked me (and I've previously done the same) and I value it, and in general stating I value diversity in thought and opinion. I'm no victim to anyone or anything apart from my own decisions, behaviours and actions.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:07am

I watched the ABC news this morning about Novak , they were saying that two different groups had a look at the 26 applications for exceptions and only a handful were granted . When reviewing these applications players names aren’t disclosed so that there will be no bias . It wasn’t totally clear why his visa was revoked , it was a bit of a confusing breaking news report. There was a hint that he had the wrong type of visa . I’m curious to know if a handful of exemptions were granted are other tennis players still getting in ?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:12am

37000 new cases in NSW. Vic not far behind. Mass staff shortages across multiple industries. Hospital system a mess and we know today’s count will add approximately another 370 patients inNSW alone. Can’t get a test and if you are lucky enough to find one and test positive, you tell your GP, who has nowhere to record it. GPs learn about this ridiculous situation when scumo brain farts a reply to a journo’s question
This muppet is just making it up as he goes along. Anyone believe his bullshit about Jen heading out in the Ford Focus to get some from the local chemist warehouse. What a farce.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:20am
gsco wrote:

Due to these forums I seem to have come to the conclusion that life is better when I have no belief system or worldview at all on any topics, but instead just questions and wondering, without get attached and welded to any particular opinion or belief. fyi I have no social media or participate in any other online forums.

I think you still have to have some belief and view, but just need to be flexible and when situations change and new information comes on board maybe re look at things and adapt or tinker a view if need be, and not get blinded by some rusted on view, and dont fall into some trap where anyone with a different view is some enemy. (like you see here between certain people)

BTW. that was a good post yesterday, i think there is a few of us that also sit in this middle ground.

Generally we are fully vaxed and think its a no brainer to get fully vaxed especially if 50+ and believe the vaccines are generally pretty safe, but we are still maybe not so keen to keep getting boasters every six months for god knows how long, especially with the dominant Omicron variant being far less lethal.

Also perhaps not supportive of things like vax mandates or Covid vax for children and just question a few things that have happened or are happening, like the lack of transparency around some things and the influence of money and politics on things.

suchas's picture
suchas's picture
suchas Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:18am
Supafreak wrote:

From Oct 27th-
Prime Minister Scott Morrison suggested there could be flexibility on the inclusion of unvaccinated players.
Speaking on Nine's Today, Morrison said that "you just have to manage the public health risk. We talk about large numbers of people, obviously there is a smaller number of actual players," he said.
"It is nice to have clear and hard and fast rules, but there needs to be a little bit of flexibility so we can live with the virus."

Scomo today-“Mr Djokovic’s visa has been cancelled. Rules are rules, especially when it comes to our borders. No one is above these rules. Our strong border policies have been critical to Australia having one of the lowest death rates in the world from COVID, we are continuing to be vigilant.”

** Novax appeal through courts to follow

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:26am

Tall poppy syndrome .. Australia has it in spades . Always has . Disgusting and unnecessary if you ask me and reeks of insecurity and idiocy. And it’s coming out in full force once again . Bullying, pack mob mentality driven by media hype.
First and foremost - at the crux of this is my view that every persons medical and health should be a private matter, not to be broadcast over public news channels and social media. It always has been, a private and confidential relationship between patient and doctor. This is being broken. The fact that “the powers that be” have been distorting and disrespecting this sickens me.
And, it truly makes me wonder where we are heading as a society as I do see the similarities with a social credit system style whereby citizens health, and social choices are monitored and controlled by government.
Regarding Djokovic’s situation - there would’ve already been plenty of medical exemptions granted for travellers but because the public ( through media fuelled backlash) have jumped on it in full force, the govt have seen what precedent it would set if they granted it to him. What - have Australia in line with European countries and allow them the same freedom? “No sorry we can’t be arsed with more paperwork! Just do him on his visa!”

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.news.com.au/sport/tennis/australian-...

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.abc.net.au/article/100740812

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:22am

Never get between Morrison and a couple of votes...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:26am
gsco wrote:

In the Collaroy and Wamberal seawall articles, Craig, Steve, BB and a whole host of other seemingly very well-hinged, sane and educated people are questioning the mainstream, government and so-called "expert" opinion and narrative, decision-making process and final course of action. To them it, in particular the final outcome, is very clearly and obviously seriously flawed and seemingly quite stupid, and they appear to be wondering how the situation ever got to this.

In disagreeing with the "experts" and government decision, should these people now also be personally attacked and labeled as tin foil hat wearing conspiracy theorists who are really just bottom dwelling, armchair expert lowlifes whose opinions and questioning is all just conspiracy theory with no evidence, or as BB put it, people with marginal qualifications and indeed within a layer of totally unqualified parasites who are happy to promote any bullshit as long as it boosts their audience and earns them more money?

I personally don't believe so.

BB don't worry I think my bullshitometer is well tuned.

Roadkill actually I wasn't trying to play any victim card, or be passive aggressive. Just literally objectively stating the fact that people have criticised and attacked me (and I've previously done the same) and I value it, and in general stating I value diversity in thought and opinion. I'm no victim to anyone or anything apart from my own decisions, behaviours and actions.

Well said , I’m just amazed that some just totally except whatever governments and Pharma tell them and if anybody questions ( including other scientists ) or raises concerns they are labeled conspiracy nut jobs or antivaxers .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:31am
indo-dreaming wrote:
shoredump wrote:

100%

Actually i take that back I overlooked one important thing.

If unvaccinated they might not provide a risk to community, but they are at more risk of becoming sick if get Covid which could lead to them taking up a place in hospital even a ventilator.

sam_2's picture
sam_2's picture
sam_2 Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:41am

Exactly gsco, and superfreak. Never going to have any advancement on anything if consensus is the only way to be. The outright bullying of teachers in Vic by the DEET (mandating vaxs, refusing pay and demanding termination of employment - theres even a protest today outside the Dept offices )is one example of how badly the govt is pushing the needle at a whatever it takes approach. Any teacher who even begins to think for themselves is seen as resistance to be swept aside. again using whatever nasty tactics they can. The rest of the teachers are either too brainwashed, too blue - pilled or too scared to stand up to it. Thats the people employed to look out for kids now. I don't know how any of them can front up to a school and pretend they dont support bullying or 'might is right'. All the values the dept spruiks - they are doing the opposite to the point of now individually targeting teachers and refusing pay over the holiday period. I can only hope the dept is the first seawall and the international BS pushers are the bigger wall now being eroded, a set of 6ft Djokovic;s are marching into the beach as we speak, followed by daddy Djoko's - now wheres Demir? is he the backwash?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:40am
Vic Local wrote:

37000 new cases in NSW. Vic not far behind. Mass staff shortages across multiple industries. Hospital system a mess and we know today’s count will add approximately another 370 patients inNSW alone. Can’t get a test and if you are lucky enough to find one and test positive, you tell your GP, who has nowhere to record it. GPs learn about this ridiculous situation when scumo brain farts a reply to a journo’s question
This muppet is just making it up as he goes along. Anyone believe his bullshit about Jen heading out in the Ford Focus to get some from the local chemist warehouse. What a farce.

Do you think a Labor Govt, would be doing better?

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:43am
Vic Local wrote:

try 34,994 you goose

https://www.news.com.au/national/nsw-act/news/nsw-records-34994-new-covi...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:45am
monkeyboy wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Someone fucked up.

BOTH levels of government it would seem... federal libs, and vic labor...

then they read the public reaction

and vic labor didn't want to wear it when it was up to them to let their boy in...

pathetic all round

should have never come to this

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:44am
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:47am
Roadkill wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

not really

yes really

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:51am

So “get vaccinated to protect your community” the words that have been repeated OVER and OVER were a lie?

Why should you believe anything else that is being said?

Who gets held accountable for these lies that are STILL being told?

https://amp.9news.com.au/article/3ff7875c-a87a-4817-8b1b-6f40f62a112b

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:54am

gsco you have things completely backwards about Collaroy. Expert coastal science opinion was that it should be a sloping structure as was originally approved. The problem was that the council slipped through a second DA for a vertical wall without proper public consultation. No mystery, no tin foil hats, just dirty tricks.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:58am
indo-dreaming wrote:
gsco wrote:

I think you still have to have some belief and view, but just need to be flexible and when situations change and new information comes on board maybe re look at things and adapt or tinker a view if need be, and not get blinded by some rusted on view, and dont fall into some trap where anyone with a different view is some enemy. (like you see here between certain people)

BTW. that was a good post yesterday, i think there is a few of us that also sit in this middle ground.

Generally we are fully vaxed and think its a no brainer to get fully vaxed especially if 50+ and believe the vaccines are generally pretty safe, but we are still maybe not so keen to keep getting boasters every six months for god knows how long, especially with the dominant Omicron variant being far less lethal.

Also perhaps not supportive of things like vax mandates or Covid vax for children and just question a few things that have happened or are happening, like the lack of transparency around some things and the influence of money and politics on things.

there's a heap of us like that...

we are called rational

or 'anti-vaxxer' and 'conspiracy theorist' by judgmental irrational ideologues...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:58am

Vic Local wrote: yesterday
Hey anti-vax / covid is a hoax idiots.
35,000 cases in NSW today. That translates to another 350 patients presenting to hospitals, that are already overloaded with covid. Now those 35000 will no doubt take out plenty of nurses and doctors who are close contacts.
How good's letting it rip folks? Especially when Australia is being governed by a monstrously incompetent bunch of dogs who put the interest's of RAT price gougers ahead of public health. ……….The resident mathematician needs to adjust his modeling. Hospitalisations have increased by 118 from 1491 patients on Wednesday and ICU presentations have increased by 12.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 9:59am
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Do you think a Labor Govt, would be doing better?

Hell yes.
It's hard to imagine how any government could be doing it worse.
Turnbull would have been way better than Scumo. At least he'd be across the brief and implement contingency plans. Scumo on the other hand has always treated the pandemic as a political problem first and a medical problem second.
Sit back and think what a competent government would have done when the AMA warned them about the need for RATs in September. Would they A) buy RATs and make them free to protect public health or B)Take the Scumo option and do fuck all.
Labor aren't perfect but at least they have plenty of competent ministers who would have done a shit load more than Scotty from Marketing.
At least people are finally working out that Scumo is a fraud, a clown CEO who makes things up as he goes, and then blames others when everything goes tits up. He did it with Tourism Australia, and same with Tourism NZ. The bloke fails up and leaves a trail of wreckage whenever he moves on from a job. That's his MO.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:00am
Supafreak wrote:

Vic Local wrote: yesterday
Hey anti-vax / covid is a hoax idiots.
35,000 cases in NSW today. That translates to another 350 patients presenting to hospitals, that are already overloaded with covid. Now those 35000 will no doubt take out plenty of nurses and doctors who are close contacts.
How good's letting it rip folks? Especially when Australia is being governed by a monstrously incompetent bunch of dogs who put the interest's of RAT price gougers ahead of public health. ……….The resident mathematician needs to adjust his modeling. Hospitalisations have increased by 118 from 1491 patients on Wednesday and ICU presentations have increased by 12.

There's a delay in new case numbers and hospital admissions you moron. How do you not know this?

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:00am
burleigh wrote:

So “get vaccinated to protect your community” the words that have been repeated OVER and OVER were a lie?

Why should you believe anything else that is being said?

Who gets held accountable for these lies that are STILL being told?

https://amp.9news.com.au/article/3ff7875c-a87a-4817-8b1b-6f40f62a112b

The answer was in the post...you ignored the answer burleigh, Omicron appeared after the vax development. Things change. There was no lie.