COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:11am
Supafreak wrote:

Vic Local wrote: yesterday
Hey anti-vax / covid is a hoax idiots.
35,000 cases in NSW today. That translates to another 350 patients presenting to hospitals, that are already overloaded with covid. Now those 35000 will no doubt take out plenty of nurses and doctors who are close contacts.
How good's letting it rip folks? Especially when Australia is being governed by a monstrously incompetent bunch of dogs who put the interest's of RAT price gougers ahead of public health. ……….The resident mathematician needs to adjust his modeling. Hospitalisations have increased by 118 from 1491 patients on Wednesday and ICU presentations have increased by 12.

don't question the bullshit supafreak

it's his role to come on here everday shouting and blathering about his 'on the spectrum' cooked up sickness and hospital numbers

he loves his case numbers, despite the experts saying everyday on abc for months now.... we need to move on from obsessing over case numbers

they are almost pointless, as is the majority of testing in australia, especially now with omni-con

but little tony a attack dog has his bone...

monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy's picture
monkeyboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:07am
sypkan wrote:
monkeyboy wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Novak visa revoked, turned around at airport .

Someone fucked up.

BOTH levels of government it would seem... federal libs, and vic labor...

then they read the public reaction

and vic labor didn't want to wear it when it was up to them to let their boy in...

pathetic all round

should have never come to this

Agree. Maybe they should move the tennis to Qld.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:08am
Roadkill wrote:
burleigh wrote:

So “get vaccinated to protect your community” the words that have been repeated OVER and OVER were a lie?

Why should you believe anything else that is being said?

Who gets held accountable for these lies that are STILL being told?

https://amp.9news.com.au/article/3ff7875c-a87a-4817-8b1b-6f40f62a112b

The answer was in the post...you ignored the answer burleigh, Omicron appeared after the vax development. Things change. There was no lie.

I didn’t ignore it, but you certainly are. The QLD premier is still promoting get vaccinated to protect the community.

I’m glad you agree that it doesn’t stop the spread.

I walked passed a pub in Cooly the other day, not one healthy person inside drinking and smoking. Had a giggle that the government has banned unvaxxed people from these toxic environments.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:09am
blindboy wrote:

gsco you have things completely backwards about Collaroy. Expert coastal science opinion was that it should be a sloping structure as was originally approved. The problem was that the council slipped through a second DA for a vertical wall without proper public consultation. No mystery, no tin foil hats, just dirty tricks.

The situation is exactly the same with covid. The mandated vaccination program is the dirty trick, the curfews and lockdowns for healthy people is the dirty trick. Targeted protection of the vulnerable and voluntary vaccination was the rational scientific response.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:10am

Henny , you need to stop focusing on case numbers, your modeling is based on what ? Omicron ? Delta ? I’m not down playing the seriousness of the situation . Your hysterics aren’t healthy.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:11am
Vic Local wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

37000 new cases in NSW. Vic not far behind. Mass staff shortages across multiple industries. Hospital system a mess and we know today’s count will add approximately another 370 patients inNSW alone. Can’t get a test and if you are lucky enough to find one and test positive, you tell your GP, who has nowhere to record it. GPs learn about this ridiculous situation when scumo brain farts a reply to a journo’s question
This muppet is just making it up as he goes along. Anyone believe his bullshit about Jen heading out in the Ford Focus to get some from the local chemist warehouse. What a farce.

Do you think a Labor Govt, would be doing better?

Hell yes.
It's hard to imagine how any government could be doing it worse.
Turnbull would have been way better than Scumo. At least he'd be across the brief and implement contingency plans. Scumo on the other hand has always treated the pandemic as a political problem first and a medical problem second.
Sit back and think what a competent government would have done when the AMA warned them about the need for RATs in September. Would they A) buy RATs and make them free to protect public health or B)Take the Scumo option and do fuck all.
Labor aren't perfect but at least they have plenty of competent ministers who would have done a shit load more than Scotty from Marketing.
At least people are finally working out that Scumo is a fraud, a clown CEO who makes things up as he goes, and then blames others when everything goes tits up. He did it with Tourism Australia, and same with Tourism NZ. The bloke fails up and leaves a trail of wreckage whenever he moves on from a job. That's his MO.

There would be no difference, it's all new stuff over 2 years. Things change, Labor would be no better or no worse.

All govts everywhere are making decisions on the go.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:18am

Exactly the same except expert opinion on covid supported the implemented policies until the recent opening up. On Collaroy it was opposed to the final outcome from the start. So yeh they would be exactly the same if they weren't completely different.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:18am

Still accelerating

NSW-1

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:19am
Vic Local wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

37000 new cases in NSW. Vic not far behind. Mass staff shortages across multiple industries. Hospital system a mess and we know today’s count will add approximately another 370 patients inNSW alone. Can’t get a test and if you are lucky enough to find one and test positive, you tell your GP, who has nowhere to record it. GPs learn about this ridiculous situation when scumo brain farts a reply to a journo’s question
This muppet is just making it up as he goes along. Anyone believe his bullshit about Jen heading out in the Ford Focus to get some from the local chemist warehouse. What a farce.

Hell yes.
It's hard to imagine how any government could be doing it worse.
Turnbull would have been way better than Scumo. At least he'd be across the brief and implement contingency plans. Scumo on the other hand has always treated the pandemic as a political problem first and a medical problem second.
Sit back and think what a competent government would have done when the AMA warned them about the need for RATs in September. Would they A) buy RATs and make them free to protect public health or B)Take the Scumo option and do fuck all.
Labor aren't perfect but at least they have plenty of competent ministers who would have done a shit load more than Scotty from Marketing.
At least people are finally working out that Scumo is a fraud, a clown CEO who makes things up as he goes, and then blames others when everything goes tits up. He did it with Tourism Australia, and same with Tourism NZ. The bloke fails up and leaves a trail of wreckage whenever he moves on from a job. That's his MO.

You are completely dreaming, some of the biggest fuck ups during Covid have come from a state Labor Government in Victoria, we even ended up with the world breaking lockdown and some of the most draconian measures in the developed world.

Australias record during Covid from both a health and economic perspective has been one of the best in the world.

When you are hit by a wave like we are now no matter the government things won't always go smoothly and there will be all kinds of issues, that's just life, even Singapore a world leader in pretty much everything has faced huge challenges during Covid ad been caught out at times..

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:19am

"he loves his case numbers, despite the experts saying everyday on abc we need to move on from obsessing over case numbers"
I pay attention to the case numbers sypkan for a very good reason. That's what future hospitalisations and ICU admissions are based on.
You idiots like to pretend that they don't matter.
What is truly frightening is Scumo's response to positive RAT tests. Tell your GP and don't get a PCR test. FFS, GPs are massively under the pump and they don't have the ability to report positive RATs to a central data base. New case data will be hopeless compromised because Scumo was making it up as he goes along at the press conference the other day.
Just fucking embarrassing. It's like this fucking moron has no clue about what happens when he shoots from the hip. It's just waffle with consequences. GPs and medical receptionists now have to pick up the pieces of scums train wreck press conference. Poor bastards deserve a break not a political hand grenade.
It's hard to imagine anyone fucking this up as badly as scumbag Morrison. But hey, at least he cooks barramundi. FFS, it is high farce.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:33am

Today's numbers in NSW. I think they indicate that delta is still in the mix. The percentage in ICU is down from over 30% of hospitalisations in the delta outbreak (September) to about 9% currently which is good news.
Screen-Shot-2022-01-06-at-10-22-54-am

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:31am

And another reason why new case numbers matter is that every number = a person + their close contacts who then have to isolate. That shit has consequences, but lets all just pretend new cases doesn't matter like a pack of village idiots.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:35am
blindboy wrote:

Exactly the same except expert opinion on covid supported the implemented policies until the recent opening up. On Collaroy it was opposed to the final outcome from the start. So yeh they would be exactly the same if they weren't completely different.

I don't know BB. It seems like in the report Craig posted in the Collaroy article, the conclusion of the expert opinion and assessment of the scenario and options is the option that we're seeing built?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:39am
Vic Local wrote:

"he loves his case numbers, despite the experts saying everyday on abc we need to move on from obsessing over case numbers"
I pay attention to the case numbers sypkan for a very good reason. That's what future hospitalisations and ICU admissions are based on.
You idiots like to pretend that they don't matter.
What is truly frightening is Scumo's response to positive RAT tests. Tell your GP and don't get a PCR test. FFS, GPs are massively under the pump and they don't have the ability to report positive RATs to a central data base. New case data will be hopeless compromised because Scumo was making it up as he goes along at the press conference the other day.
Just fucking embarrassing. It's like this fucking moron has no clue about what happens when he shoots from the hip. It's just waffle with consequences. GPs and medical receptionists now have to pick up the pieces of scums train wreck press conference. Poor bastards deserve a break not a political hand grenade.
It's hard to imagine anyone fucking this up as badly as scumbag Morrison. But hey, at least he cooks barramundi. FFS, it is high farce.

so why have experts for months been saying the media need to stop obsessing over case numbers?

that's the 'experts'.... you know.... 'listen to the experts'..

yes the numbers serve a purpose, but it is negligable

as to the rest of your post... more spittle laden blathering...

repetitive talking point blathering tony a

(basically everything wrong with contemporary politics...)

carry on tony

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:51am
I focus wrote:

Never get between Morrison and a couple of votes...

True.
Playing the public with media puppet strings ..

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 10:57am
saltyone wrote:
I focus wrote:

True.

They are all the same, irrespective of party. They all lie, none are trustworthy.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:00am
Roystein wrote:

I think the Novak situation is sad.
It shows:
1) that there are question marks over the integrity of the independent review committees and possibly the organisers of the tournament
2) politicising every aspect of the ongoing pandemic continues as the feds stamp their “authority”
3) people will applaud the decision because it’s “fair” but all they are applauding is another human who may have medical or philosophical reasons to make a choice about how they live their life in reality has less rights in terms of freedom of movement than others

I am an optimist but it’s a sad state of a world that we are living in

Yes I agree with you .. very sad

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:03am
Roadkill wrote:
saltyone wrote:
I focus wrote:

True.

They are all the same, irrespective of party. They all lie, none are trustworthy.

Unless its to do with our health that is . Then they can’t be questioned.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:18am

I think the treatment of Djokovic is alarming. He is being treated like a criminal, like a terrorist. His only crime is to refuse a medical treatment of extremely limited efficacy.

The baying of the mob for his blood is disgraceful.

It’s not relevant that he’s a celebrity. He represents the best of all of us in the fight against the Covid Cult regime which is rapidly tightening its grip around the throat of the developed world. Djokovic is a supremely fit , super health conscious individual who has previously been infected by the virus. He is literally the least likely person to require hospitalisation if he enters Australia and the trope that he is more likely to transmit the virus than some resident vaccinated punter is patently false.

He tested negative before arrival and on arrival.

Rather than be a model of elitist exceptionalism, the Djokovic story is a distinct lesson in the dehumanising and criminalisation of the unvaccinated.
There is no scientific or medical justification at all to prevent anyone from entering Australia based on vaccine status, least of all a super fit , previously infected person who’s tested negative.

The tone of the narrative is darkening and getting concerning. In Canada their Prime Minister has fraudulently and cynically associated those who have resisted the preemptive covid treatment , falsely labelled a vaccine , as racist and misogynistic. The fact that this is glaringly untrue bothers him not an iota, which I’m sure is a surprise to the many Non white Canadian females who resist the treatment.

Even worse is that Trudeau has publicly labelled the unvaccinated as intolerable. The strength and power of this language is hard to comprehend. The holder of the highest office in the land is inciting public hatred and resentment towards a subset of his own nation. This is an offhand permit by Trudeau for the general public to persecute the unvaccinated without remorse or consequence. Truly ugly stuff.

It’s systemic oppression of a minority by a standing government. Nothing less.

The path Trudeau is following is already trodden by Macron , Biden and others.

Macron recently said that he doesn’t consider the unvaccinated as citizens of France. This is the most unambiguous dehumanising language yet. He’s openly declared those who resist the treatment as non- people. Staeless. Symbolically expelled from the land of their birth. Language such as this belongs in the dark ages. It’s beyond provocative and is an assault on the existence of millions of people within their own home. Would any be surprised if an unpleasant response was forthcoming from the excommunicated , but otherwise law abiding and honourable French citizens who’s only slight is to reject this medical treatment? I think the language chosen by Macron is designed to compel the less self-contained French citizens to do just that.

In France the reason for the desperate vaccine blanket smear is now without artifice. The requirement for vaccination is purely cover for the introduction of the vaccine passport. The reason for the mandated vaccine has nothing to do with medicine as evidenced by the soon-to-be-released “Green Pass” and it’s restrictions which only accept those who’ve had the jab. When those who’ve acquired natural immunity and those who are literally free of infection, as proven by recent testing, are not included in the Green Pass system, the impetus of the Green Pass push is shown to be nothing more than the introduction of the mandated Digital ID which all citizens must possess to be allowed to recover freedoms they were entitled to by birth.

The ideology of governments throughout the developed world are focused on the rejection of individual rights. The vaccine mandate is the gateway to a controlled society over which their is no democratic option to oppose.

Even if you are jabbed multiple times I plead with you to politically oppose the vaccine mandates which have no scientific or medical justification. Do it for the freedoms of your children and their children who will suffer due to our lack of collective opposition in the present time.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:16am
blindboy wrote:

Today's numbers in NSW. I think they indicate that delta is still in the mix. The percentage in ICU is down from over 30% of hospitalisations in the delta outbreak (September) to about 9% currently which is good news.
Screen-Shot-2022-01-06-at-10-22-54-am

A recent video i watched said 72% of those in ICU apparently still Delta.

Where they got that stat/info i can't say.

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:19am

100% true Blowin.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:32am

The experts have spent 2 years preparing "plans" for opening up.

The plans sort of overlooked the chaos of mass testing and from huge numbers of critical staff needing to isolate.

They prepared for a smouldering slow burn bushfire in calm weather but got a bushfire with a strong northerly. Sounds familiar?

Never trust experts too much or treat everything as a deeply thought out conspiracy. Muddle through is more often than not how the world works.

Robo's picture
Robo's picture
Robo Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:25am
I focus wrote:

Still accelerating

NSW-1

your not following, it's been proven half of those have been admitted for injuries etc not covid lol, just happened to have covid.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:27am
Robo wrote:
I focus wrote:

Still accelerating

NSW-1

your not following, it's been proven half of those have been admitted for injuries etc not covid lol, just happened to have covid.

Say what?

Why are these non-covid hospitalisations tracking with the increase in cases??

Where have they been the last few months?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:28am

Are car crashes going up at the same rate as cases eh? FFS.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:30am

"your not following, it's been proven half of those have been admitted for injuries etc not covid lol, just happened to have covid."

When all else fails ...just lie! Put up the evidence for that or shut the fuck up with your toxic fuckwitticisms.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:34am

Udo posted this on another thread https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-06/novak-djokovic-visa-rejected-in-m.... My question is are other players with exceptions still getting in ? The ABC breakfast report was that he had the wrong type of visa . I don’t think this is over yet . “ Tennis Australia said 26 people made vaccine exemption applications related to the Australian Open, and "only a handful" were granted. “

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:33am

Victoria just as bad , doesn't matter if its Labor or Liberal....no antigen tests , huge queues at testing sites , PCR test taking up to a week...website barely working ....and surf is total shit..

it all smoke and mirrors ...

Roadkill wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:36am

What has Scummo done right. What's he done wrong, everything.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:39am

Novak's daddy says
"If they don’t let him go in half an hour, we will gather on the street, this is a fight for everyone"

ha ha...what a dick, just like his son

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:39am

Rusted on liberal voters across the road reckon Morrison hasn’t done much right if that means anything

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:40am
Craig wrote:

no

if 10% of car crash people are likely to have covid, that shows up in the numbers...

if that likelihood increases to 30%, that also shows up in the numbers...

it doesn't mean 30% of car crash victimes are sick with covid... they just have it... this is esecially the case with omni-con...

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:42am
sypkan wrote:
Craig wrote:

no

if 10% of car crash people are likely to have covid, that shows up in the numbers...

it doesn't mean 30% of car crash victimes are sick with covid... they just have it... this is esecially the case with omni-con...

Got evidence of this? IE NSW hospitalisations from non-Covid being counted as?

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:47am

Looks like you may be right, would be good to split this data. As it's not a true representation of hospitalisations from COVID..

"Hospital admissions are counted in this report where the COVID-19 diagnosis is at least two
weeks before or six weeks after the onset of illness.

This does not necessarily mean all hospitalisations
were attributable to the COVID-19 diagnosis"

https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Documents/in-focus/hos...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:48am
Craig wrote:

No but if you had a car crash with very mild covid and needed to go to hospital for the car crash you would be added to the Covid hospitalisation list.

It’s not a true representation of Severe covid hospitalisation, it’s just a number used to scare, which they have done a great fucking job at.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:50am

Yeah they need to differentiate this as it serves no good purpose.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:58am

ahh panic and fear is gripping the nation, all the interest groups are milking every last dollar and political point they can from covid, the health system is playing the victim card in an attempt for more govt funding while it withers away from privatisation, confusion and hysteria reign supreme…

everyone whose identity is fully invested in the mainstream, govt and “expert opinion” narrative that the nation has followed up to a few wks ago is lashing out and reacting impulsively while the belief system they’ve cling to for the past 2 years is crumbling around them…

We’re bordering on social breakdown and I love it….welcome to the US capitalist system…are we not entertained yet…??!!

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:52am
Craig wrote:

Yeah they need to differentiate this as it serves no good purpose.

It definitely served a purpose for FEAR, now it’s backfired big time.
People are petrified of covid, ERs overrun from runny noses and it’s not their fault.

The fault lies with the government and MSM

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:57am

"Novak Djokovic’s remarkable rejection at the Australian border has already sparked great debate among the tennis community, with one fellow anti-vaccine player calling for Australia to lose its grand slam status."
Money wins out..these clowns won't let their moral code stand true when their pocket is involved. full of shit.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 11:57am

So what we need now is to see is the overall increase in hospitalisations compared to the long-term but I don't think that's available for until a couple more months.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:07pm
Supafreak wrote:

Udo posted this on another thread https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-06/novak-djokovic-visa-rejected-in-m.... My question is are other players with exceptions still getting in ? The ABC breakfast report was that he had the wrong type of visa . I don’t think this is over yet . “ Tennis Australia said 26 people made vaccine exemption applications related to the Australian Open, and "only a handful" were granted. “

I think it comes down to the type of visa he tries to enter on, don't know the terms, but could enter on a tourist visa, sports visa, business visa, special skills visa etc

the feds gave vicco government option to swap to say 'special skills visa' but vicco labor chickened out following public backlash...

people like that uk big brother scrag have been sneaking in back door on 'special skill' type visa, they all have different requirements and loopholes...

the way I see it, TA and vicco labor probably gave djokovic loose 'you're the man' false hopes... djokovic being the arrogant self important scmuck he is, didn't do his own due diligence (it's up to him to have paperwork in order) when this happened, the feds gave vicco labor the chance to change type of visa but they chickened out

it's just a massive fuck up all round, with the combination of.... arrogance, show pony-ness, court of public opinion, and past gross inequalities home roosting chickens... all creating a shitstorm of shallowness and a supreme lack of credbility all around...

certainly not over yet...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:06pm
Roadkill wrote:

"Novak Djokovic’s remarkable rejection at the Australian border has already sparked great debate among the tennis community, with one fellow anti-vaccine player calling for Australia to lose its grand slam status."
Money wins out..these clowns won't let their moral code stand true when their pocket is involved. full of shit.

With transmission rampant throughout vaccinated people, do you still believe we should have these border rules?

If yes, why?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:04pm

The reason for lumping "with" and "because" cases together is that both have to be treated as infectious with ppe isolation etc. The statistics were gathered for hospital administrators not our over enthusiastic bunch of amateur epidemiologists. Given that this has caused a hysterical over reaction and grossly misleading claims from the usual fuckwits here and elsewhere yes, they should probably change it.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:06pm

Totally, transparency is key.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:11pm
blindboy wrote:

The reason for lumping "with" and "because" cases together is that both have to be treated as infectious with ppe isolation etc. The statistics were gathered for hospital administrators not our over enthusiastic bunch of amateur epidemiologists. Given that this has caused a hysterical over reaction and grossly misleading claims from the usual fuckwits here and elsewhere yes, they should probably change it.

Apart from being a washed up surf journalist, what expertise do you have in this field?

These hospitalisation numbers have been used over and over again to create fear in our community to cause hysteria by government and MSM

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:13pm
Craig wrote:
sypkan wrote:
Craig wrote:

no

Got evidence of this? IE NSW hospitalisations from non-Covid being counted as?

no

and can't be fucked looking... but dude, it's been all over the news the last week or so...

it was a 'conspiracy' 6 months ago... it's been happening the world over... the 'conspiracy'.... but even faucci admitted it, and said it needs to change re. counting child hospital admissions last week...

faucci!

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:15pm

You mean apart from 30 years teaching HSC biology with the course including epidemiology and a daughter who.has been in charge of triage at a major Sydney hospital for the duration of the pandemic?
The only fear and hysteria I have observed is amongst the anti-vaxxers and rabbit hole excavators.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:28pm

Scomo is right on the mark with this one.

I am fully supportive of where we’re going as a nation.

What we need now is The Great Letting Go and Delete of Covid.

No more reporting of case numbers or hospitalisations or deaths etc.

No more air time to covid in the media.

No more air time to those struggling with their identity and belief system of the last two years getting stripped from them.

No more covid rules. Life back to how it was 2 years ago.

No more covid testing.

Living with coronaviruses like humanity has done for the past few thousand years.

Hospitalisation a personal decision based on how you’re feeling and symptoms.

Unhook

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:17pm

Djokovic's dilemma reminds me of the time years ago Frank Sinatra, when touring, called our female journalists "whores" at a press conference and the shit hit the fan. The unions blacklisted him and he got stuck here, holed up in a hotel where the staff wouldn't serve him, no one would fly him or load the planes. Sinatra was the biggest star in the entertainment world at the time with well known ties to the Gambino crime family, some of whom were part of his entourage. The unions refused to budge until Sinatra formally apologised. A stand-off ensued and it was Bob Hawke, then ACTU president, who showed up at Sinatra's hotel room with a couple of bottles of scotch and sorted it out. Sinatra issued the apology and he got out of the country. Classic Hawke.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 12:18pm
Robo][quote=I focus wrote:

Robo correct on some of the COVID numbers having other reasons of admittance other than COVID itself.

Unfortunately at the pointy end it makes little difference in resources and effort required as the hospitals have to contain infections to their own staff and other areas of the hospitals.

Where the PPE hits and wraps the body's and stays there all day / night really tough gig for everyone at the front line the super hero's of our time.