COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:38pm

BB it's all about allowing free flowing conversation. If it gets to a point we shut things down or give time outs.

Also in no way does visits to the forums garner even the slightest amount of traffic to make revenue off as you otherwise believe.

I've thought of shutting this thread a couple of times and while frustratingly annoying at times I've learnt different points of views and tid bits off others.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:40pm

Blowin that was being stated with no proof. And I immediately went and looked and confirmed. Try and find another example.

This whole time I've been advocating for not overwhelming the health system and now Omicron has evolved along with most being vaccinated we've got ourselves a break. Though the system is still highly stressed.

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:44pm

You’ve had thoughts of shutting down the debate Craig?
Interesting…

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:45pm

Yes because it's got so out of hand and nasty. It takes a toll mentally and isn't good for anyone.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:46pm

Again Craig, thank you to yourself and Ben and Stu. Whilst it may not appear so to the casual observer, this thread has actually helped preserve my sanity through providing an uncensored forum to discuss, debate and fight like cats and dogs over the unfolding covid saga.

Every day I wake up to a coffee and check the news online only to be utterly amazed at the obvious lies and bullsh1t being peddled. The thing is ….you can never respond on these MSM articles due to the censorship.

I don’t get too heated in covid discussions with friends so I don’t have that outlet to vent or try to dissect the rubbish I hear elsewhere.

A lot of truths have been uncovered from the dung pile on this thread.

People are now aware of the reality of covid. Like anything it just needed to be brought out into the sunlight so everyone could get a good look at it. Pretty hard to maintain the “ indiscriminate Spanish Flu killing machine “ routine when everyone in your street, vaccinated or not, is getting the sniffles and the resounding response is ….’Meh”.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:53pm
Craig wrote:

Blowin that was being stated with no proof. And I immediately went and looked and confirmed. Try and find another example.

This whole time I've been advocating for not overwhelming the health system and now Omicron has evolved along with most being vaccinated we've got ourselves a break. Though the system is still highly stressed.

You honestly believe that , for the vast majority of people, vaccination status matters two licks of fuck all for Omicron?

Or Delta for that matter?

BTW…I’m not going back through two hundred pages of threads looking a for your indiscretions. I’m sure you think,I’ve been talking shit for two years . Thing is though…I’ve stuck to my opinions throughout since I realised that covid was an overhyped beast. The liners here have less luck maintaining their stories as theyre always changing. I make it a point to remember the shirt they say in order to serve it up to them cold a bit later. I’ve never bothered remembering the specifics of things you say because I believe you at least say them in good faith.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:49pm

So Craig, you are quite happy to publish misleading medical advice in a pandemic? And, in the absence of any other possible explanation for such unethical behaviour, I do tend to believe the traffic through the forums contributes to the site's profitability.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:52pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Craig wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

Sorry Robo. There's so much mis-information in this thread, it's no good for anyone. Hard to keep on top of popping in and out of it.

And you’ve spread your fair share.

You for real?!

Atleast he didn't call you a c**t..lol

Still waiting for you to walk me through your logic of catching covid in a cafe from the vaccinated Roadkill.....feel free.

BD, I gave you the answer.

Responsibility, negligence and culpability.

Look, if your not quite smart enough to comprehend, It's not my problem.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:54pm
blindboy wrote:

So Craig, you are quite happy to publish misleading medical advice in a pandemic? And, in the absence of any other possible explanation for such unethical behaviour, I do tend to believe the traffic through the forums contributes to the site's profitability.

Yeah, he did publish your repeated demands to inject toddlers with poison jabs.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:55pm

There you go lovely example of what I am complaining about. Fuckwit calling vaccines poison!

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:05pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Craig wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

Sorry Robo. There's so much mis-information in this thread, it's no good for anyone. Hard to keep on top of popping in and out of it.

You for real?!

Still waiting for you to walk me through your logic of catching covid in a cafe from the vaccinated Roadkill.....feel free.

Curious to the form that responsibility, negligence and culpability take for someone who demands that unvaccinated people be rejected by civilisation and treated like criminals. Even demanding they don’t receive medical treatment is a whole special category of culpability.

You should really hope that unvaccinated people never discover your identity bloke. I wouldn’t want to be you in that case.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:56pm
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

You honestly believe that , for the vast majority of people, vaccination status matters two licks of fuck all for Omicron?

Or Delta for that matter?

BTW…I’m not going back through two hundred pages of threads looking a for your indiscretions. I’m sure you think,I’ve been talking shit for two years . Thing is though…I’ve stuck to my opinions throughout since I realised that covid was an overhyped beast. The liners here have less luck maintaining their stories as theyre always changing. I make it a point to remember the shirt they say in order to serve it up to them cold a bit later. I’ve never bothered remembering the specifics of things you say because I believe you at least say them in good faith.

Delta yes. Omicron not so sure.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:57pm

Oh look, the ex-carpenter is handing out free medical advice again.
Yawn.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:57pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Craig wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

You for real?!

Roadkill, you've made it abundantly clear that you think i'm stupid, so yes please. Could you please walk me through this statement step by step. I actually don't understand it. Is it because The News said the unvaxxed are bad??
"Roadkill wrote:
burleigh, if my mother catches covid in a cafe from a fully vaxxed customer and dies, so be it, no one is responsible. If my mother catches covid in a cafe from a non vaxxed asshole customer and dies, that unvaxed asshole customer is 100% responsible for my mothers death"

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 2:58pm

"How the fuck do we have a situation where the Federal government doesn't collect the stats from RATs? That's just ridiculous. Why the fuck is everyone scrambling for RATs and private companies are gouging the public? Scumo dropped the ball.
What exactly has Scumo done right? I'm struggling to find anything in the last few months. The guy is a fraud."

Agree.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:02pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Craig wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

You for real?!

So RK, in that cafe situation, if there are infected people that are both vaccinated and unvaccinated, how are you going to determine who your mother caught it off??

How do you determine, beyond reasonable doubt, "Responsibility, negligence and culpability". ??

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:00pm

“Delta yes. Omicron not so sure”

For sure ….look at all those deaths from Delta amongst the healthy which occurred , even to this day, amongst a few million unvaccinated Australians.

Yes….that would be almost no deaths.

So it’s a big yeah…nah to the idea that Delta would have a torn a swathe through healthy Australians.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:02pm

@Blindboy
"So Craig, you are quite happy to publish misleading medical advice in a pandemic?"

Jeez once again you're promoting a very illiberal way of dealing with what you don't like.
It could even be described as authoritarian.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm

Australia’s changing in stance and definitions on a daily basis over the past few weeks shows just how arbitrary and baseless it all is now.

Totally understandable that people are having trouble processing things right now.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm
AndyM wrote:

"How the fuck do we have a situation where the Federal government doesn't collect the stats from RATs? That's just ridiculous. Why the fuck is everyone scrambling for RATs and private companies are gouging the public? Scumo dropped the ball.
What exactly has Scumo done right? I'm struggling to find anything in the last few months. The guy is a fraud."

Agree.

Scummo isn’t a fraud , he’s as much a purist as you’ll ever come across.

The problem is that people think he’s a wolf in Sheep’s clothing when he’s really just an ordinary undisguised hyena.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:04pm
AndyM wrote:

@Blindboy
"So Craig, you are quite happy to publish misleading medical advice in a pandemic? "

Jeez once again you're promoting a very illiberal way of dealing with what you don't like.

The question is :

Is his attitude the result of the proxy authority derived from commanding gormless teenagers every day as a teacher, or was it intrinsic authoritarianism which drew him to teaching?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:04pm

https://m.

Ratted!

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:05pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
Craig wrote:
Blowin wrote:
Craig wrote:

You for real?!

Roadkill, you've made it abundantly clear that you think i'm stupid, so yes please. Could you please walk me through this statement step by step. I actually don't understand it. Is it because The News said the unvaxxed are bad??
"Roadkill wrote:
burleigh, if my mother catches covid in a cafe from a fully vaxxed customer and dies, so be it, no one is responsible. If my mother catches covid in a cafe from a non vaxxed asshole customer and dies, that unvaxed asshole customer is 100% responsible for my mothers death"

And sometimes, an unvaxed customer is not negligent or culpable. ;)

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:06pm

I think I get your point - he's as dishonest and duplicitous as you'll find but this should be quite obvious to anyone with a brain.
But the daggy "everyman" schtick is a fraud, even if everything else
is/should be straightforward.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:07pm
Vic Local wrote:

Oh look, the ex-carpenter is handing out free medical advice again.
Yawn.

I don’t hand out anything, I collate the truth.

Not my fault that you react to the truth like the Wicked Witch of the west reacts to water.

Bloke.

Hey….shouldn’t you be bilking taxpayers for cash right now Bloke?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm
Blowin wrote:
AndyM wrote:

@Blindboy
"So Craig, you are quite happy to publish misleading medical advice in a pandemic? "

The question is :

Is his attitude the result of the proxy authority derived from commanding gormless teenagers every day as a teacher, or was it intrinsic authoritarianism which drew him to teaching?

Decades of being a teacher (or a policeman etc etc) will definitely hone that shit.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:08pm

on the 2nd 6pack, snowflake?

What's your prefered brand? I like cider myself..after a nice ride.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:15pm

"I don’t hand out anything, I collate the truth."
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yes blowin, and I'm on the Championship Tour.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:15pm

Andy, ethical publishers fact check. That is not censorship or illiberal, it is responsibility. If they publish something later found to be incorrect, they publish a correction. Swellnet refuses to acknowledge that it plays a role in distributing medical misinformation during a pandemic. There is no need to shut down the debate, they just have to delete the posts that are not factual. If they do not have the resources to do that then they should shut the forums as many other more responsible sites have done over the same issues.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:15pm

Andy, ethical publishers fact check. That is not censorship or illiberal, it is responsibility. If they publish something later found to be incorrect, they publish a correction. Swellnet refuses to acknowledge that it plays a role in distributing medical misinformation during a pandemic. There is no need to shut down the debate, they just have to delete the posts that are not factual. If they do not have the resources to do that then they should shut the forums as many other more responsible sites have done over the same issues.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm
Roadkill wrote:

I don’t hardly drink anymore. There’s a fork in the road and the sooner you see it the better I reckon.

You can take the road to the left , which is having a great time getting into the piss and eating whatever you choose , or you can take the road to the right which is treating your body with respect and prioritising physical pursuits and a pain free, capable existence over failing organs and prematurely declining athletic abilities…irresponsible how meagre your starting point.

Neither road guarantees a long, healthy life but one path certainly shows a lot more promise than the other.

I do love a beer though and I fully understand why you’d want to down a few ciders after your rides. I’d be power drinking to forget the public humiliation of living the Lycra clad Penny Farthing MAMIL nightmare myself.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:19pm
blindboy wrote:

Honest question:

Why are you discussing this in the abstract as though your innumerable posts are not a virtual open sewer of mindless lies and excrement flowing relentlessly down the pages ?

Why Sicko…why?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:21pm
Vic Local wrote:

"I don’t hand out anything, I collate the truth."
Haaaaaaaaaaaaa Haaaaaaaaaaaaa
Yes blowin, and I'm on the Championship Tour.

Really ?

I always assumed you were a world ranked stupid carnt.

Nice to have some official confirmation bloke.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:22pm
blindboy wrote:

So you’re suggesting swellnet becomes part of the TNI ?

saltyone's picture
saltyone's picture
saltyone Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:23pm

Calm down and go for a surf bb

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm
blindboy wrote:

It would be impossible to do this even experts cant agree on a lot of things.

Im sure people when reading the forum know post are the opinion of those posting or others and make a decision on if its true or not or can investigate further.

Anyway your truth might not be the same as someone else's truth, for instance one person may believe god exists or that there is 60 genders, another might say no sorry common sense and logic says neither exists, but you have the right to believe they do.

aaron61's picture
aaron61's picture
aaron61 Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:33pm

Nobody really knows anything.
Day to day guesswork.

Two lousy fucking years, and we now are fighting over rat test kits.

Probably buying them from China too...

https://www.statnews.com/2022/01/05/study-raises-doubts-about-rapid-covi...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:34pm

Does anyone have stats of omicron deaths , icu cases , ventilated ? https://www.reuters.com/business/healthcare-pharmaceuticals/australia-re...

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:39pm

Completely calm salty just taking a break between sessions. supa I am not suggesting anything more than Swellnet take responsibility for what it publishes. If that idea is a bit old fashioned in these days of illogical libertarian thinking the consequences of which are all around us, I make no apology. Idiocy is reborn in different forms in every generation. It's also worth remembering that Swellnet was, and probably still is happy to host climate deniers.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:43pm
Roadkill wrote:

There is a few of us still waiting for your cafe justification Roadkill.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:44pm

Blindboy is calling for the good old fashioned censorship of ideas he doesn’t like. Nothing more, nothing less.

A year ago he would have been demanding censorship when people said the vaccinated could transmit the virus.

That’s the thing about authoritarianism….they are only doing the right thing by protecting people from lies . Of course, only they get to decide what’s a lie.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:46pm
blindboy wrote:

Completely calm salty just taking a break between sessions. supa I am not suggesting anything more than Swellnet take responsibility for what it publishes. If that idea is a bit old fashioned in these days of illogical libertarian thinking the consequences of which are all around us, I make no apology. Idiocy is reborn in different forms in every generation. It's also worth remembering that Swellnet was, and probably still is happy to host climate deniers.

geezus you must be fun at parties.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm

From the Highly Regarded Macrobusiness site+

NT locks unvaccinated in their homes
By Unconventional Economist in
The Northern Territory has turned full police state, announcing today that the unvaccinated will effectively be locked in their homes until midday on Monday [my emphasis]:

The NT has recorded 256 new cases of COVID-19, including 27 cases of community transmission, Chief Minister Michael Gunner said…

Territory-wide, there are 23 people with COVID-19 in hospital and two in the ICU.

“Today’s escalation in case numbers is concerning,” Mr Gunner said.

“Our community transmission rate has grown in recent days.”

There will be a NT-wide lockout from 1pm today until midday on Monday.

“The fully vaccinated can continue as they were. For people who are not vaccinated, lockdown rules will apply to everyone aged 16 and above,” Mr Gunner said.

People who are not fully vaccinated can only leave home for three reasons: medical treatment including COVID testing or vaccination; for essential goods and services such as groceries; and to provide care to a vulnerable family member or person who cannot support themselves.

Unvaccinated people cannot travel more than 30 kilometres from their home when leaving for one of the three reasons, unless you are going to hospital.

Unlike previous lockdown rules, unvaccinated people will not be able to leave home to go to work or for exercise, Mr Gunner said.

All for a COVID strain that is less deadly than those that preceded it.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:45pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

It would be impossible to do this even experts cant agree on a lot of things.

Im sure people when reading the forum know post are the opinion of those posting or others and make a decision on if its true or not.

Anyway your truth might not be the same as someone else's truth, for instance one person may believe god exists or that there is 60 genders, another might say no sorry common sense and logic says neither exists, but you have the right to believe they do.

Spot on ID.

I think the debate in here is fantastic and I would in no way want it shut down or censored. (Maybe just occasionally a little less personal attacking and anger.)

The worst possible outcome would be moving towards a society where we're not allowed to think independently and originally, or express those ideas freely, even those ideas that in hindsight turn out to be silly.

I don't really see any misinformation in here. Just a bunch of blokes having a good crack at debate and exchanging differing opinions and views, with the overall aim of trying to understand things. And often it's just about having their views heard and acknowledged, bouncing ideas off other people, having a good laugh, taking the piss out of various low hanging fruit...etc...all good!

I think there's really no need to get upset about any of it, even when it does stand in opposition to one's own belief system and values, and it would be wrong to label something as nonfactual or conspiracy theory or misinformation just because you don't agree with it or hold that belief.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:48pm
blindboy wrote:

Is that true Craig ? Your happy to host climate deniers ? You don’t need to answer Craig, I understand how you feel about climate change . BB I know you’re on these forums as you feel obligated to protect the weak and vulnerable minds from misinformation, but I think you underestimate most people’s ability to think for themselves .

Mcface's picture
Mcface's picture
Mcface Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:53pm

This thread is properly garbage yet I keep clicking and reading it like a mug.

On a lighter note, I encountered an interesting point of view when catching up with some old high school mates the other day. One of my mates was unvaccinated yet he was pissed off that the government hadn't made the Vax mandatory. The bloke is such a lazy stoner that he can't be asked to book a test - and is pleading the gov to kick him up the backside to get it. So there you go, someone who is both unvaxxed and has the hardest stance on mandatory Vax I've encountered.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:54pm

Wow, BB demanding Craig apologise for spreading medical misinformation on his site.
Fuck me, people living in glass houses shouldn't be detonating nuclear bombs.
Craig has tolerated two years of endless bullshit from half a dozen tin foil hat wearing nutters, and now one of them is making demands on him. That takes the biscuit.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:58pm

So the burleigh hill during this cyclone swell is a bit of a super spreader event. I know of 7 people confirmend, with family also infected. Common location was burleigh hill.

Mcface's picture
Mcface's picture
Mcface Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 3:59pm

Just to clarify, when I say the thread is garbage, I'm not trying to attack anyone personally, even those whose point of view I struggle to understand.

Greater lenience for those down south who seemed to have 2 years of shit waves!

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 6 Jan 2022 at 4:00pm
blindboy wrote:

If you want mainstream rules, go to mainstream websites. This obviously isn't the place for you. And who the fuck are you to dictate what SN should do.

You are complicit with the BS you are complaining about. Just because your daughter is a nurse, does not make you a medical professional.