COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:13pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

No big deal for 90% of the population, that will do the right thing.

The right thing by who and what exactly?

By themselves and others. You'd have to be an idiot not to see this.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:15pm
fitzroy-21 wrote:

I believe there will be more pushback from normal everyday people about the boosters. Plenty of people have begrudgingly had the vax due to a variety of reasons, they feel they have complied and that should be that, but a booster will be the last straw. I'm hearing it from people I never expected it of.

yep, im vaxxed... for whatever reasons...

last thing i expect to do is line up for dubious boosters every 6 months

get faaarrrrked

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:15pm

VL. Wasn't a question directed at you Moron.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:15pm
shortenism wrote:

Newsflash : SA records 18 new cases as outbreak grows from a reunion event.

Note, only vaccinated ppl attended the event...

IT'S NOT PERFECT DICKHEAD. And if they were unvaccinated the medical consequences would be much worse.
WTF is it with the anti-vaxxers wanting perfect protection from the virus and then encouraging everyone to have no protection from the virus.
STFU idiots.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:20pm

[quote=sypkan (directed at VL)

"beyond angry man propaganda and belittling

mate, give up on the character assasination routine, it's tedious, especially coming from one so clearly lacking character

you are ...officially, the biggest, most deranged delusional, egocentric moron I have ever encountered..".

A very fair and true assessment.

A conclusion many of us come to a long time ago.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:28pm
sypkan wrote:
fitzroy-21 wrote:

I believe there will be more pushback from normal everyday people about the boosters. Plenty of people have begrudgingly had the vax due to a variety of reasons, they feel they have complied and that should be that, but a booster will be the last straw. I'm hearing it from people I never expected it of.

get faaarrrrked

UK is already recommending boosters every 3 months for the vulnerable. Wont be long and Australia will follow that your not fully vaccinated unless you have had a booster and therefore………….,, no soup for you !

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:34pm

Yeah, no shit VL. Not perfect is an understatement.

But it is what was sold to you as your ticket to freedom.... How is that going for you?

Not outraged at those broken promises? Just angry at those who point it out ei?

Potentially 'not perfect' will be the quote of 2021.. I'm sure the Politicians will start saying it, as will big pharma. Hunt has already bolted, he can see the writing on the wall.. Good to see your starting to admit it.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:38pm
Roadkill wrote:
fitzroy-21 wrote:

The majority of people will listen to the science and get booster shots. I see plenty at my work that have had the booster. No big deal for 90% of the population, that will do the right thing.

I wouldn't be so sure, i think we will see a steady decline in booster take up over time.

I will get my booster but the real motivation will be to get to Indo and not only jump hoops needed, but if i get Covid over there i dont want to waste my time being sick.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:40pm

"But it is what was sold to you as your ticket to freedom.... How is that going for you?"

Very well shortenism you stupid man. I'm looking forward to crossing state lines for a big family XMAS get together, business is back on track, and apart from wearing a mask inside certain venues, life is exactly the same as pre-covid times for me. All because 95% of our LGA is double vaxxed.

Will you be going to the Freedumb riot this weekend?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:43pm
Supafreak wrote:
sypkan wrote:
fitzroy-21 wrote:

get faaarrrrked

UK is already recommending boosters every 3 months for the vulnerable. Wont be long and Australia will follow that your not fully vaccinated unless you have had a booster and therefore………….,, no soup for you !

first 'vaccination' ever that requires 3 month boosters...

either hurry and get better at the science, or stop pushing your bandaid measures that seem largely unjustified

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 3:52pm

"that seem largely unjustified"
Just another 8,000 more deaths overnight bringing the total to 5.22 mil. Tell us sypkan, how many deaths do you think are needed before the vaccines becomes "justifiable."
Do ya reckon we should just wait until the tally hits 10 mil before rolling up the sleeves?
you do realise covid isn't going away anytime soon without vaccines.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:09pm

"Just another 8,000 more deaths overnight.."

yeh, and how old an chubby were they?

got some figures to back up your fear mongering champ?

never ever ever ever heard of a 'vaccine' that requires 3 monthly trips to the doc...

that ain't a vaccine...

either:

rename it

actually make a vaccine

start telling me the truth about why it is proving so difficult to treat

or, expect all sorts of resistance, I'm not signing up for a 3 monthly medical regime that is unproven

sorry

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:05pm
Vic Local wrote:

you do realise covid isn't going away anytime soon without vaccines.

Or even with them.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:09pm

C'mon, its a pretty flaky version of freedom VL.. I hope you get there, I do...

'All because your LGA is 95% double vaxxed' - So you are admitting that it was all about hitting vaccine sales %? Not because it actually does anything, which is becoming more and more evident?

yeah yeah I know there's the narrative about it being less severe blah blah but there's also a strong case to suggest Ormicon only exists in the vaccinated? Although that will fade from headline news as they learn that.. Hunt knows it and he's gonski.

Swings and roudabouts ei.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:13pm
sypkan wrote:

"Just another 8,000 more deaths overnight.."

yeh, and how old an chubby were they?

got some figures to back up your fear mongering champ?

never ever ever ever heard of a 'vaccine' that requires 3 monthly trips to the doc...

that ain't a vaccine...

either:

rename it

actually make a vaccine

start telling me the truth about why it is proving so difficult to treat

or, expect all sorts of resistance, I'm not signing up for a 3 monthly medical regime that is unproven

sorry

Is an old persons life worthless? What age does someone become worthless?

Is a chubby persons life worthless? What weight does someone become worthless?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:18pm

"Not because it (the vaccine) actually does anything, which is becoming more and more evident?"
Fair dimkum shortenism, this is high stupidity.
The worst thing about you anti-vaxxer morons is your arrogance. You watch a couple of youtube videos and you think you're experts. you actually think you know more than real scientists working in real hospital for decades.
If you muppets were only a danger to yourselves I wouldn't care about your stupidity. the problem with anti-vaxxers is, you're going to take out a bunch of decent people too. Oh and the violence. Multiple reports of anti-vaxxers assaulting people because they were told "no". Fucking pathetic.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:24pm

"Is an old persons life worthless? What age does someone become worthless?

Is a chubby persons life worthless? What weight does someone become worthless?"

definitely not worthless, but this is how life works... if you're old or unwell the flu or pneaumonia normally gets you... same as it ever was...

that's life

or nature...

except now we have a new pneaumonia inducing flu...

get out of your sanitised gold coast bubble a bit more and you might actually begin to understand this

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:22pm

https://m.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:29pm

Anyone come across people that aren't vaccinated and have lots of anti Covid vax cliche ideals, but then claim to be waiting for Novavax?

I know two seperate people that claim all the other vaccines are this or that but Novavax is safer and better for some reason.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:30pm

"definitely not worthless, but this is how life works... if you're old or unwell the flu or pneaumonia normally gets you... same as it ever was..."
But we aren'y talking about the 'flu here are we. We are talking about a very dangerous virus for elderly people with a very effective but not perfect vaccine.
Elderly people have been very keen to get vaccinated. They clearly see value in their lives and want to prolong their one and only life. You on the other hand are happy for anti-vaxxers to put elderly people at risk. How very fucking noble of you.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:31pm
sypkan wrote:

"Is an old persons life worthless? What age does someone become worthless?

Is a chubby persons life worthless? What weight does someone become worthless?"

definitely not worthless, but this is how life works... if you're old or unwell the flu or pneaumonia normally gets you... same as it ever was...

that's life

or nature...

except now we have a new pneaumonia inducing flu...

get out of your sanitised gold coast bubble a bit more and you might actually begin to understand this

Is 50 old?
Or 60?

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:36pm

High stupidity... Hahaha, I like it...

Just take notice that this anti-vax rant you are on will come back to bite you. Guaranteed. Sure, perhaps historical vaccines have played a roll but not this one. This one is too tied up in fast tracked political agenda's to be good for anyone. All you are getting is confusion and lies to cover up lies and that is the beginning of the end and exactly why our little mate Greg Hunt is removing himself in the grips of a once in a generation pandemic? C'monnnnn, surely our national health 'leader' and captainm would see it through, not announce he's abandoning ship! Just before Xmas!!! I mean what hope do we have without him!!??? If you are not outraged, you aren't paying attention.

Hopefully this latest round of COVID fear propaganda is just be to flood the airways and divert attention from Ghislaine Maxwell case in the US. But given the expiry of the emergency declarations around the country in the coming weeks, i'd say its just to perpetuate things.

Here's a graph I would like to see Craig or stunet or Thermal or jono or whoever started this thread. What's the correlation between school holidays and lockdowns, also the dates of expiry and extension of emergency declarations and case numbers. That would be worth a look and no doubt will be an interesting history lesson one day..

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:41pm

Christmas dinner must be a bit of an eye-opener at the sypkan household.
Not sure what his vaccination status is but given his line of argument, looks like he'd be happy to sit next to a frail old relative and say, "if I give you covid Nan, ce la vi"

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:44pm

"But we aren'y talking about the 'flu here are we. We are talking about a very dangerous virus for elderly people with a very effective but not perfect vaccine."

no we are not talking about the flu here...

we are talking about the virus nouveau that has replaced the flu as the new main knocker offer...

nature (maybe) at work

yes it's a bit worse tan the flu... but not always...

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:45pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Anyone come across people that aren't vaccinated and have lots of anti Covid vax cliche ideals, but then claim to be waiting for Novavax?

I know two seperate people that claim all the other vaccines are this or that but Novavax is safer and better for some reason.

Yes, I know a bloke who was all about vitamins, ivermectin and other unproven treatments, but now he’s waiting for the novavax because he reckons it’s far superior to the others.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:49pm
sypkan wrote:

"But we aren'y talking about the 'flu here are we. We are talking about a very dangerous virus for elderly people with a very effective but not perfect vaccine."

no we are not talking about the flu here...

we are talking about the virus nouveau that has replaced the flu as the new main knocker offer...

nature (maybe) at work

yes it's a bit worse tan the flu... but not always...

What age is a person old? And then we can just shrug our shoulders and say..oh well..old people, they die.
Is 60 old?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:57pm

Tun"Is 50 old?
Or 60?"

that's up to nature, mr. god complex...

I know a 90+ indo grandpa that just survived corona.... 6 months before corona came along he was on oxygen bottles and in and out of hospital... i thought he was toast then...

now he's just survived corona, and going strong

god (nature) works in mysterious ways...

your number game is pointless

much like most of your posts

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:49pm

I’d love to see a televised debate between experts in the pro-vax camp and the experts in the anti-vax camp.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:50pm
overthefalls wrote:

I’d love to see a televised debate between experts in the pro-vax camp and the experts in the anti-vax camp.

Yeah, it would be called "Disease of the Dumb."

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:52pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Novavax is old style vaccine with new technologies, synthetic protein same as Professor Petrovsky vaccine, they are very similar and are said to be safer than mRNA . But the best medical experts in the world , even if they approved it , it then needs green light from government which ain’t happening .

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:53pm
overthefalls wrote:

wouldn't we all!

throw in some middle road moderators and let em at it... cage fight style...

but for some reason we don't do such debates anymore...

strange that

(this doesn't just apply to corona)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:54pm
sypkan wrote:
"Is 50 old?
Or 60?"

that's up to nature mr. god complex...

I know a 90+ indo grandpa that just survived corona.... 6 months before corona came along he was on oxygen bottles and in and out of hospital... i thought he was toast then...

now he's just survived corona, and going strong

god (nature) works in mysterious ways...

your number game is pointless

much like most of your posts[/quote

So when does a chubby become worthless? Is 100kg chubby..fuck em they can die?

Or 90kg..just so we can not give a fuck more easily when they kick off?

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 4:58pm

Seriously, there needs to be a moderated TV debate so that everyone can form their own opinions after being presented with a balance of both perspectives.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:04pm
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Novavax is old style vaccine with new technologies, synthetic protein same as Professor Petrovsky vaccine, they are very similar and are said to be safer than mRNA . But the best medical experts in the world , even if they approved it , it then needs green light from government which ain’t happening .

Yeah okay.

Actually one of the people i was talking about is an Aussie (in his 40's) and his wife Indonesian, he use to live in Indo (teaching english) but moved over to Australia a few years ago bought a house etc, now they are over Australia and selling their house for a 250K profit and wanting to move back to Indo to live.

But the thing is the only vaccine in their eyes they trust is Novax.

Sad to say the other person is my sister and her husband :(

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:07pm
overthefalls wrote:

Seriously, there needs to be a moderated TV debate so that everyone can form their own opinions after being presented with a balance of both perspectives.

Yes agreed, I’d also like to see Professors Clancy & Borody debate Skerrit & Kelly , early treatment debate .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:11pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:

Yeah okay.

Actually one of the people i was talking about is an Aussie (in his 40's) and his wife Indonesian, he use to live in Indo (teaching english) but moved over to Australia a few years ago bought a house etc, now they are over Australia and selling their house for a 250K profit and wanting to move back to Indo to live.

But the thing is the only vaccine in their eyes they trust is Novax.

Sad to say the other person is my sister and her husband :(

Yeah I’m not sure what happened to novax , I thought it had already been approved here but just hadn’t arrived , maybe the same problem as Petrovsky, not enough lobbying ( with attached $$$ )

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:19pm

that's not for me to decide raodkill...

as I said, nature works in mysterious ways...

I certainly hope my 110kg mate doesn't fall off the perch, I don't think he will, he has a good attitude, he's vaxxed, and if he's got any brains he'd lock himself away when the virus is running rampant...

sadly, I don't think he even knows the importance of this, because, ...well you know... 'misinformation' ... from the official narrative this time...

but I do know one thing... he certainly doesn't expect everyone to keep locking themselves away... he's fucken done with it... like a vast VAST majority of people...

mandatory vaxxes? ...dunno maybe, I'll ask him...

but I'd bet he says that's a step too far

especially if it's the 3 monthly preventative treatment version of 'vaccine'

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:18pm

The debate should address the following questions:
* How serious is covid?
* Is natural immunity enough?
* Why don’t we just let it rip?
* Why has covid affected different countries so differently?
* How thoroughly researched and trialled are the vaccines?
* Are the vaccines experimental?
* How do the covid vaccines compare to other vaccines, especially in terms of efficacy?
* What are the risks of the vaccines?
* What is the true extent of adverse reactions to the vaccines?
* Are medical professionals being coerced and silenced by authorities?
* Why is there a lack of focus on preventative measures and early treatment?
* Is government and Big Pharma really orchestrating a giant hoax?
* Are mandates ethical?
I think a rational, balanced and respectful debate would ease a lot of people’s anxieties and fears.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:28pm

"I think a rational, balanced and respectful debate would ease a lot of people’s anxieties and fears."

yep yep yep

the fact it hasn't happened, is what just feeds the nuttery...

on both sides

the question as to why it hasn't happened? ...that would make for a whole new debate session...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:35pm
overthefalls wrote:

The debate should address the following questions:
* How serious is covid?
* Is natural immunity enough?
* Why don’t we just let it rip?
* Why has covid affected different countries so differently?
* How thoroughly researched and trialled are the vaccines?
* Are the vaccines experimental?
* How do the covid vaccines compare to other vaccines, especially in terms of efficacy?
* What are the risks of the vaccines?
* What is the true extent of adverse reactions to the vaccines?
* Are medical professionals being coerced and silenced by authorities?
* Why is there a lack of focus on preventative measures and early treatment?
* Is government and Big Pharma really orchestrating a giant hoax?
* Are mandates ethical?
I think a rational, balanced and respectful debate would ease a lot of people’s anxieties and fears.

Most of that info is already in the public domain..and has been for ages. The rest is conspiracy bs and laughable.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:41pm

Even if the debate did occur, I imagine it would go pear-shaped pretty quickly. There’s too much emotional bias on both sides. It would be, however, an interesting spectacle, a bit like right here on this thread.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:50pm

Come to think of it, I reckon Stu and his crew should expand their horizons in the media landscape with a live internet surf/current affairs show, featuring special guests like Blowin, Viclocal, Indodreaming, Roadkill, to name just a few. I reckon it’d be like bitter, old footy rivals having to share a commentary box.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 5:59pm

Roadkill, yes it’s all there, but a lot of people only access sources that confirm their opinions; they need to be presented with a balance of both sides of the arguments.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 6:19pm

A debate would go something like this.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 6:21pm

It all boils down to whether you choose to believe 99% of the worlds expert doctors and scientists or the 1% of self proclaimed experts that say what you want to hear.
Its that simple. The anti vaxxers remind me of sheep following each other off a cliff.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 6:59pm
Vic Local wrote:

https://youtu.be/D9-KNzaHDL4

Ooooooh, utoob open university

bonza's picture
bonza's picture
bonza Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 7:13pm
Vic Local wrote:

Yep

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 7:40pm

And VL I’m sure your Nan would say to you like mine did the other day ‘i’ve never seen such division in 90 yrs, this is ridiculous’, meanwhile you sit there and squirm as u realise Nan has more balls than you and doesn’t give a flying fk about CoVId.

And further I can imagine your face when she goes on to tell u how a cyclist riding two a breast on a single lane road, spat on her when she tooted him on the way past.. That face when u realise it was probably your compadre ROADKILL.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 7:48pm

I’d like to hear the debate address questions such as :

/Obesity has been recognised as a representative in 80% of severe covid cases, why is this the government not campaigning to reduce weight problems amongst Australia’s population? When it’s within people’s control to greatly reduce their chance of experiencing severe illness why is this not a government priority?

/Why hasn’t the government launched a health blitz campaign full stop? People should be encouraged to get regular sun exposure, exercise consistently and eat well…why is the government not addressing this factor which is easily manageable yet overwhelmingly effective at combating serious disease?

A virus so serious it literally brings the nation to a halt, yet it’s too hard to educate and incentivise people in the easirpest and most effective way to secure their safety?

Is there anywhere on the planet where a population has been determinately influenced to i,prove their collective health as best defence against covid? And good health literally is your best defence. This is scientific fact. The odds of dying if you are healthy are so low it’s ridiculous regardless of vaccination status. Why has this not been the initial starting point in fighting covid?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Thursday, 2 Dec 2021 at 7:53pm
GuySmiley wrote:
Vic Local wrote:

Ooooooh, utoob open university

haha... but nah...

(that's a very low energy 'oh so predictable' haha btw....)

it would be a very worthwhile exercise if you got the likes of dr. brett weinstein and dr. petrovsky in there...

it doesn't have to be vax / anti vax debate you know...

some of you really need to get over your either / or binary blinkered world views

like, really really need to get over it!