COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:02pm
shortenism wrote:

Haaaaaaha,.. Good to have you back Blowin.. The cracks are appearing in the line of defence to cold hard truth.

No cracks here Shorto, thought Blowin has stuffed his maths but he wasn't clear and we were referring to different things.

san Guine's picture
san Guine's picture
san Guine Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:09pm

Each PCR costs approx A$85, so there goes Nigers' health care spend

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:09pm

That is going to be interesting re: YouTube.

As I said, since I clicked on a Tucker Carlson clip my You-tube AI has basically fed me nothing but the "Antithesis" to the narrative ever since.

Is all that going to be banned?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:16pm
saltyone wrote:

Hmm so Moderna is saying no to being able to treat omicron but Pfizer yes? But they both are similar in how they treat alpha cov? Seems odd.

Seems very odd saltyone , did you watch the clip of the Moderna CEO ? Considering they are both mRNA vaccines and Moderna being a bit stronger dose , its odd that these too reports from the manufacturers are so different .

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:25pm
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Can't i defend myself against constant vicious attacks from obvious protaganist. This offends you? Everyone who participates on these forums is aware of this guys continual belittling and anger, never lets the conversation go freely, attacks anyone who challenges his view of the world, and when he comes after me and says 'i'm gonna keep coming after you', you single that one tiny thing out, which if you go back through all my posts before he started attacking me, you'll see i've been nothing but pleasant. You should take a good look at yourself too dipshit.

Snowflakebluediamond...plays the victim card. Another who can give it but can't take it.
Poor widdle bd.

Victim?? If you or VL spoke like that to my face i definitely wouldn't be the 'victim'.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:30pm

Some funny ones from the youtube policy:
- Content that encourages the use of ... prayer, or rituals in place of medical treatment such as consulting a doctor or going to the hospital
- Claims that an approved COVID-19 vaccine will contain substances or devices meant to track or identify those who’ve received it
- Claims that COVID-19 vaccines will make people who receive them magnetic
- Content that claims that holding your breath can be used as a diagnostic test for COVID-19
- Videos alleging that if you avoid Asian food, you won’t get the coronavirus
- Videos alleging that setting off fireworks can clean the air of the virus and will prevent the spread of the virus
- Claims that COVID-19 is caused by radiation from 5G networks
- Videos alleging that the COVID-19 test is the cause of the virus
- Claims that the COVID-19 vaccines contain a microchip or tracking device

Really disappointing...I always wanted to be magnetic...and fireworks seem to be a fix all for everything in China...

(Do people actually believe this stuff...?)

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:34pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

Can't i defend myself against constant vicious attacks from obvious protaganist. This offends you? Everyone who participates on these forums is aware of this guys continual belittling and anger, never lets the conversation go freely, attacks anyone who challenges his view of the world, and when he comes after me and says 'i'm gonna keep coming after you', you single that one tiny thing out, which if you go back through all my posts before he started attacking me, you'll see i've been nothing but pleasant. You should take a good look at yourself too dipshit.

Snowflakebluediamond...plays the victim card. Another who can give it but can't take it.
Poor widdle bd.

Victim?? If you or VL spoke like that to my face i definitely wouldn't be the 'victim'.

Snowflake AND internet tough guy. Lmao.

Come on bro..you call people names and carry on like all of us. Harden the fuck up...no one like a whiny bitch that can't take it.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:35pm
gsco wrote:

- Content that encourages the use of ... prayer, or rituals in place of medical treatment such as consulting a doctor or going to the hospital
- Claims that an approved COVID-19 vaccine will contain substances or devices meant to track or identify those who’ve received it
- Content that claims that holding your breath can be used as a diagnostic test for COVID-19
- Videos alleging that setting off fireworks can clean the air of the virus and will prevent the spread of the virus

Really disappointing...I always wanted to be magnetic...and fireworks seem to be a fix all for everything in China...

Yep..buleigh, shorty, sypkan, blowin and snowflake BD

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:40pm

gsco , you left out the Bali governer claiming arak or tuak ( forget which one ) would ease the symptoms if you contracted covid. Edit it was arak and here’s an article about it , my local mates were cheering this announcement but said morning tuak was better. https://coconuts.co/bali/news/governor-claims-balinese-arak-steam-therap...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:46pm

@Roadkill. It's clear your agenda. As soon as anyone say's anything you or dicklocal disagree with, they get a character assasination.
As soon as anyone stands up for themselves after they've had strips torn off them, they're a snowflake. When they finally resort to saying, well say it to my face, THEY are the tough guy. I see it over and over again in your exchanges with anyone that doesn't agree with you.
I was polite until you extremists started calling me names, stereotyping me. Until that point, and after that, you get what you ask for.
This conversation is here so people can share information. I've posted information that has been discredited even though it was legitimate, but VL sought to delegitimize it by using his usual disruption techniques, avoiding the key points i made and a standard character assassination.
So fk yer both.
Anyway, ......
In other news, it seems even fucking Fox news is breaking ranks. hahaha
The cracks are widening.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59485508

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:48pm

"Koster said that it takes about three days ... to recover since the first treatment."

Oh no, does that mean 3 days on the arak...?

Sounds like some nasty benders on jam jars in the bounty bilge I've been on...they didn't do me any good at all...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 1:55pm
bluediamond wrote:

@Roadkill. It's clear your agenda. As soon as anyone say's anything you or dicklocal disagree with, they get a character assasination.
As soon as anyone stands up for themselves after they've had strips torn off them, they're a snowflake. When they finally resort to saying, well say it to my face, THEY are the tough guy. I see it over and over again in your exchanges with anyone that doesn't agree with you.
I was polite until you extremists started calling me names, stereotyping me. Until that point, and after that, you get what you ask for.
This conversation is here so people can share information. I've posted information that has been discredited even though it was legitimate, but VL sought to delegitimize it by using his usual disruption techniques, avoiding the key points i made and a standard character assassination.
So fk yer both.
Anyway, ......
In other news, it seems even fucking Fox news is breaking ranks. hahaha
The cracks are widening.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-59485508

Wow..you are butthurt.

When you post bs...it gets called out as bs.
If I post bs...call me out. If VL posts bs, call him out.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:07pm

Pretty funny the inferring that those in the 3rd world are probably inundated by covid death but they’re too stupid to know it.

Underreporting!

We’ve been sold tales of overwhelmed hospitals with patients waiting i outside as they gasp their last breath ( Italy), emergency field hospitals required to stem the oversupply of patients, excess deaths leading to overflowing morgues and mass graves requiring heavy duty earth working equipment.

But somehow the African countries just haven’t noticed large volumes of their population dropping like flies.

It’s just poor reporting!

Pretty sure if a bomb in a market place in Niger or Cameroon killed 10 people you’d know about it within hours but somehow the 60,000 death discrepancy between Florida and Niger can just be dismissed as 3rd world ignorance.

Its amazing watching the mental convolutions people are willing to engage in order to make the square of their preconceived notions fit the round hole of reality.

Now I’m told that I can’t compare Australia to Niger or Cameroon because we have a better health system. This despite our better health system compounding the inequality of covid outcomes between the countries. They should have way more fatalities precisely because of our better health system and our vaccination rates but they don’t.

Obviously no one has told them this is a pandemic of the unvaccinated.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:11pm

"Its amazing watching the mental convolutions people are willing to engage in order to make the square of their preconceived notions fit the round hole of reality."
+1 to that.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:13pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:18pm

"Now I’m told that I can’t compare Australia to Niger or Cameroon because we have a better health system. This despite our better health system compounding the inequality of covid outcomes between the countries. They should have way more fatalities precisely because of our better health system and our vaccination rates but they don’t."

contortions and convolutions indeed...

there should be bodies in the street by this logic

but....

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:20pm
bluediamond wrote:

.... even after repeated attempts to keep a conversation civil and polite....

bluediamond wrote:

If you or VL spoke like that to my face i definitely wouldn't be the 'victim'.

Another civil and polite response. I'll keep score.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:22pm

"Its amazing watching the mental convolutions people are willing to engage in order to make the square of their preconceived notions fit the round hole of reality."

As long as you recognise your own preconceived notions.

Did you read this https://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/scientists-mystified-wary-africa...

It offers several viable hypotheses.

What's yours?

How do you account for it?

Not having a go, serious question.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:29pm

Maybe it’s just me but I really thought that something as relevant as this would be targeted by authorities in order to circumvent the Greatest Existential Crisis of Modern History (Tm) .

Yet we here nothing because apparently being obese is healthy!

We can’t recommend or assist people with losing weight despite it being the simplest and most effective way to reduce covid deaths. No….that might constitute fat shaming and that’s not acceptable in our society. That would be bad….unlike stigmatising , segregating the tiny minority of people who are unvaccinated. It’s okay to render them unemployable, destitute pariahs.

https://www.bmj.com/content/372/bmj.n623

Covid-19 death rates are 10 times higher in countries where more than half of the adult population is classified as overweight, a comprehensive report from the World Obesity Federation has found.

The report analysed mortality data from Johns Hopkins University and the WHO Global Health Observatory data on obesity.1 Of the 2.5 million covid-19 deaths reported by the end of February 2021, 2.2 million were in countries where over half the population is classified as overweight—defined as a body mass index above 25.

Taking data from over 160 countries, the report found linear correlations between a country’s covid-19 mortality and the proportion of adults that are overweight. There is not a single example of a country with less than 40% of the population overweight that has high death rates (over 10 per 100 000), the report said. Similarly, no country with a death rate over 100 per 100 000 had less than 50% of their population overweight.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:29pm
Roadkill wrote:
gsco wrote:

Yep..buleigh, shorty, sypkan, blowin and snowflake BD

you're not even renotely funny...

witty... or original...

so you must be thick as a brick

I had hopes for you, I thought you weren't nearly as pigheaded, dogmatic, stupid and just plain lame as vicvocal in terms of comprehending, listening and forming some semblance of reality...

but nah... just as dumb, just as dogmatic

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:42pm

Exactly Blowin! The line of defence to cold hard truth has bigger cracks appearing.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:42pm
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

bluediamond wrote:

Wow! You'd really do that for me?
Thanks! Fun life you must have....shit for brains! (put that one in your tally)

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:47pm

gsco the bit ppl aren’t believing is the WHO and ‘local health authorities’ who roll out what their told by the WHO ultimately anyway..

The addition of ‘local health authorities’ was just words to keep ppl believing that ‘local health authorities’ exist. They do in theory but in practice when it comes to a deadly pandemic all is elevated up the chain.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 2:51pm
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

bluediamond wrote:

Thank you. Three. Why so angry? Keep it civil.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:00pm
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

bluediamond wrote:

I'm assuming you actually do indeed have faeces taking up the space inside of your skull, if you haven't followed the above comments and can't understand why, quite simply, i'll not back down from bullies....which is what they, and you are. Online or in person. Whatever. Otherwise, civility and politeness is all you'll ever get from me.
I'd assume most people couldn't be arsed giving it back but hey, i've got the day off due to no jab....i'm part of a growing majority of people asking legitimate questions, and you sir/madam are the people doing all you can to delegitimise the asking of those questions.

Johknee's picture
Johknee's picture
Johknee Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:10pm
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

bluediamond wrote:

I'm assuming you actually do indeed have faeces taking up the space inside of your skull, if you haven't followed the above comments and can't understand why, quite simply, i'll not back down from bullies....which is what they, and you are. Online or in person. Whatever. Otherwise, civility and politeness is all you'll ever get from me.
I'd assume most people couldn't be arsed giving it back but hey, i've got the day off due to no jab....i'm part of a growing majority of people asking legitimate questions, and you sir/madam are the people doing all you can to delegitimise the asking of those questions.

Four.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:14pm

boring,...

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:28pm

"All 5 people diagnosed with Omicron variant of COVID19 in Australia are fully vaccinated with some of them having had Covid before" Prof Craig Kelly.

This is now a disease of the vaccinated. You watch them wind shit back real quick. I'm sorry, but you have been lied to.

And coincidently Greg Hunt announces retirement..... Ya dont say..

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:25pm
shortenism wrote:

"All 5 people diagnosed with Omicron variant of COVID19 are fully vaccinated with some of them having had Covid before" Prof Craig Kelly.

This is now a disease of the vaccinated. You watch them wind shit back real quick. I'm sorry, but you have been lied to.

And coincidently Greg Hunt announces retirement..... Ya dont say..

Nah the Vaccine works sweet. A booster will fix it all.
Boosters, Boosters, Boosters everyone gets a booster.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:26pm

A film clip of this thread haha

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:36pm

@bluediamond
"i'm part of a growing majority of people asking legitimate questions,"

How do you figure the majority of people have the same doubts you do?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:39pm

And how do you know it's a majority?

My guess is it's a growing minority.

Which will be expressed at the ballot by Clive Palmer and Craig Kelly getting elected.

Then buyers remorse once people realise that not only can they not do what they said they would, but that they have an entirely different agenda.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:50pm

Australia is approaching 48 million covid tests, is that money well spent ? I don’t know the wholesale price of a test but I remember sypkan linking an article that had each Australian valued at 25 million per person for the government covid response. Again is that money well spent when our hospitals are in such bad shape. ? Good government with the best health advice in the world ?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 3:58pm

no

no

and no...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:07pm

@bluediamond
"i'm part of a growing majority of people asking legitimate questions,"
No blue diamond. You're not. You're part of the rabble.
Your fellow travellers are the idiots in the streets of Melbourne every Saturday yelling absolute shit and causing trouble.
Business owners in Melbourne have been warned to expect trouble this Saturday due to the passing of the non-controversial Pandemic Bill. Given the chatter on social media, violence is expected. Hopefully it won't happen, but nobody could be shocked if it does.
The LNP in Victoria are an absolute fucking disgrace. Their MPs have been supporting these idiots by speaking at their rallies. Last night we saw complete fuckwit MPs like Bev McArthur claiming Dan Andrews could declare a pandemic when there were zero cases. A complete fabrication.
The LNP leader Lobster Guy said they don't support the bill and won't go into lockdowns. What a fucking knob. If you don't support the bill, the CHO gets to declare pandemics and introduce laws to control it.
These people are absolute scum. They've danced with the idiot mob, despite their violence. Anything that happens on Saturday has been thoroughly encouraged by the cynical and dangerous dogs in the LNP.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:20pm

just for a minute, imagine there's a big nasty pandemic just around the corner...

the big one

I mean a real big nasty existential crisis style pandemic like they've been long predicting...

not this claytons pandemic various forces have tried to will to be the big one

the resources and reaction thrown to this one are going to look rather silly and ridiculous ...so bloody ridiculous...

not to mention the emptying of the cookie jar of resources arsenal for another disaster, and the squandering of public compliance, good will and cohesion

I really really hope the big one isn't just around the corner, but it wouldn't surprise me if it is... and I really really fear for the global reaction to it... both in terms of means and public will / cooperation to face it...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:19pm

"not this claytons pandemic"
5.21 million deaths and 262 million cases and counting. And that's a bare minimum.
Please sypkan, do tell us all when this pandemic ceases to be a "Claytons Pandemic" and becomes a real one.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:26pm
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

bluediamond wrote:

Point proven.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:27pm
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Johknee wrote:
bluediamond wrote:

bluediamond wrote:

Point reaffirmed..

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:31pm

there aren't people dropping in the street like there will be if a really serious disease like ebola sweeps the world

and, the people dying are largely old and with comorbidities, in more rational parts of the world we call that... ''life'

and your hypobolic numbers fail to make the discretion of...

'died with covid'

'died of covid'

and, 'cases' ... pfffffff.... such a meaningless number... for soooo many reasons!!

but carry on champ, hyping it up and irrationality is what you do...

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:34pm

Of course you can't trust the numbers, they don't suit sypkans narrative, therefore they (and anything else contradictory) must be discarded.

overthefalls's picture
overthefalls's picture
overthefalls Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:39pm

Burleigh, a lot of vaccines require boosters.
BD, less than 10% of the adult population is not a majority.
BTW, I share your opposition to vaccine mandates and passports, but I’m all for getting vaccinated. As my old man (a retired 86 year-old doctor) said: you should get the covid vaccine, but you shouldn’t have to get it.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:41pm
JQ wrote:

Of course you can't trust the numbers, they don't suit sypkans narrative, therefore they (and anything else contradictory) must be discarded.

And all those so-called covid patients and so called hospital workers are obviously crisis actors.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:41pm
sypkan wrote:

there aren't people dropping in the street like there will be if a really serious disease like ebola sweeps the world

and, the people dying are largely old and with comorbidities, in more rational parts of the world we call that... ''life'

'died with covid'

'died of covid'

and, 'cases' ... pfffffff.... such a meaningless number... for soooo many reasons!!

Hey clown, remember that guy shot in NZ…he died from gunshot wounds with covid.

What did you post? You posted…NZer dies from covid!

but carry on champ, hyping it up and irrationality is what you do...such a disingenuous individual you are.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:43pm

'Of course you can't trust the numbers, they don't suit sypkans narrative, therefore they (and anything else contradictory) must be discarded.'

dude, who said anything about can't 'trust' the numbers?

it's about having a realistic idea of what they actually represent

which, with case numbers, isn't much

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:46pm
overthefalls wrote:

Burleigh, a lot of vaccines require boosters.
BD, less than 10% of the adult population is not a majority.
BTW, I share your opposition to vaccine mandates and passports, but I’m all for getting vaccinated. As my old man (a retired 86 year-old doctor) said: you should get the covid vaccine, but you shouldn’t have to get it.

With respect OTF. Not getting a vaccine puts others in danger, and puts additional pressure on the hospital system. There has to be consequences for making stupid decisions that impact others, and those consequences should minimise the danger to others. Hence my support for passports. Why should normal people pay a price for the dickheads?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:47pm
Vic Local wrote:
JQ wrote:

And all those so-called covid patients and so called hospital workers are obviously crisis actors.

you're a pathetic little man who knows cheap shots and nothing else

cheap shots that mean nothing, because they are so off the mark and wrong they're worthless

much like a lot of what you write

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:49pm
overthefalls wrote:

Spot on OTF.

All my direct family are vaccinated. We all had reactions to the vax from mild to hospitalisation. But the usual COVID Clowns on here refuse to accept or acknowledge that this actually happens because they "don't know anyone who had a reaction". And because I have voiced my opposition to the thought of being forced (I was vaxed before the mandates) these same clowns then automatically assume my bias and categorise me in the anti-vax club.

It is the disease of the dumb.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:50pm
Roadkill wrote:
sypkan wrote:

'died with covid'

'died of covid'

Hey clown, remember that guy shot in NZ…he died from gunshot wounds with covid.

What did you post? You posted…NZer dies from covid!

but carry on champ, hyping it up and irrationality is what you do...such a disingenuous individual you are.

uuuummmm ok...

once again, you have me mixed up with some conspiracy nutter living rent free in your brain

you're getting weird now

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 1 Dec 2021 at 4:55pm

More to yesterdays post from burleigh..

Interesting the wife said “whether his death was vaccine-related or not, he should have been made more aware of potential side effects.” when talking to a real /journalist / media group….as opposed to the rant on instagram that burleigh took as fact.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/covid-19-delta-outbreak-coroner-investigat...