COVID-19 Health System Overload Forecaster

Craig's picture
Craig started the topic in Wednesday, 18 Mar 2020 at 7:44pm

I've created a spreadsheet forecast which I'll update as we go..

There's also a website with live running data.. https://sites.google.com/view/stayhomeaustralia

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm

@burleigh , I agree with you that it would be good for the government to be doing more to promote increasing your health and immune system, particularly in the aged and vulnerable, I’ve posted this before months ago. Others have also touched on the subject. A lot of $$$ have been spent on vaccination campaign , not so much on healthy living .

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm
Supafreak wrote:

@burleigh , I agree with you that it would be good for the government to be doing more to promote increasing your health and immune system, particularly in the aged and vulnerable, I’ve posted this before months ago. Others have also touched on the subject. A lot of $$$ have been spent on vaccination campaign , not so much on healthy living .

It's scary shit. The campaigns for getting vaccinated to get on the beers is next level scary. Nothing about health, but then again there is no money in healthy people.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 1:54pm

Injecting kids with a substance with no long term testing from a company found guilty previously for falsifying data, bribing physicians and withholding adverse event data.. no discussion? Are you kidding me. There should be lots of discussion.

Would u leave your kids to be looked after by a known pedo in the hope he’s changed?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 1:58pm
blindboy wrote:

700 deaths 0-18 in the US
https://data.cdc.gov/NCHS/Provisional-COVID-19-Deaths-Focus-on-Ages-0-18...

Paediatric ICU overload Dallas
https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dallas-hospitals-pediatric-icu-beds-covid/

Sth Carolina
https://www.southcarolinapublicradio.org/sc-news/2021-08-03/covid-surge-...

do these lists specify comorbidities associated with the patients?
Every death is sad and im not taking this away, however this information is very important.
Also do you have overall stats of children deaths pre-covid? How has this differed in the covid times? Is there an increase or decrease? Because its very sad, but humans of all ages die.
If you're going to share this information it needs to be put into context

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:02pm

Mate I suggest you work on your own research skills. It can be time consuming to find very specific data so good luck.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:13pm
blindboy wrote:

Mate I suggest you work on your own research skills. It can be time consuming to find very specific data so good luck.

So you're happy to share data to scare, however when asked a genuine question you don't have time? I don't understand, wouldn't you want to know? it might bring your fear back a few notches.

Edit: also we will need data on Vaccine deaths for the same period.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:13pm

You are the one talking about scary shit, not me. As for the rest no I am not particularly interested in that data. My interest is in identifying misinformation and presenting the relevant evidence.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm

Kidz Vax reactions come in many forms...the largest most deadly by far is spreading record virus.
UK 1st Dose Kidz are #1 World Covid Spreaders...(Let's not Blame or Bully the kidz!)
https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/covid-19-vaccine-surveillance...

9-30th Aug > ( unvaxed U18 ~ Infection Rate 110.74% ) > 11th Oct-1st Nov
9-30th Aug > ( 1 dose U18 ~ Infection Rate 285% ) > 11th Oct -1st Nov
9-30th Aug > ( Full Vax U18 ~ Infection Rate 6.47% ) > 11th Oct -1st Nov

Theory!
Firstly! The unvaxed kidz rate is well high & many must obviously be infected entering Vax Hubs.
Kidz are mostly Asymptomatic and aren't being screened pre Vax...
We're looking at a World of unknown Infectious kids being marched into Vax Hubs.
These highly infectious Unnvaxed Delta+ Poster Boys come out of these Vax machines 3x as infectious.

Vax now engages Un-diagnosed Kidz + untreated Outpatients, so the Virus will likely mutate more so.

Non isolated Vax incubation = extra infection rate, ramped by pre Vax Covid infections (Double Bunger)
We saw the exact same infectious ramping of 1st doserz in Phase 1 UK / Israel super spikes.

Delta + (Max Covid) = 110.74% (vs) 1 dose Vax 285% or ( 3x Delta+) Not one word from any expert?
Is delta+ really the good guy that mops up the Bully 1 dose 3x Strain...If not! Then Please Explain?
How the hell can a Vax Strain spread 3x Max Delta+ without being Front Page News worldwide? Huh!
No!
Not The Simpsons Placebo or Boomerz or Mr VOC or Miss Information...just try the truth this time!

How the fuck ya gonna hide World's #1 skyrocketing infectious group...doh! Wake the Fuck Up!
Experts! ...Get yer Head outta the Clouds & back down to Earth...NOW! & help mop up record Hot Mess!

Vax & No Vax...Together > preventing a Pandemic of the Mass Vaxed Youth...(Whoever / Whatever!)
Sure 100x Booster Squadron can join the Fight...let's all sort out #1 Vax Fuck Up.

Looking like Vaxing Kids may need to be isolated during incubation or they'll take out the planet.
Don't think Europe needs that much Covid fuel a month out from Peak Covid season.

Kids Peak Vax incubating groups will need timetabling to avoid ramping Parent's Waning Period.
These 2 Groups must never meet..yet they're Family...Rollout orchestrated this double mass infection!
Failing to sort this, will result in more & more record outbreaks...We all know this! Yet, Mum's the word!
Close yer Eyes and think of England...stiff upper lip Kidz...Smile!...Into the Valley...

Rollouts orchestrate the Virus to whatever shape or speed we choose...all ignore this, since day one!
Rollouts went off the rails along way back & we're gonna need Shit Hot Pro Vax Conductors from Mars!

But first we must share all Rollouts openly & honestly, as World needs a seasonal Vax timetable
Forget about Professor Pat Pending's Wacky Vax Races...Vax Jocks are dumbing down science.
We need to open up the Science not shut it down...no more Jock Bullies drumming up boogey men!

What are the experts plans to contain new #1 Mass Vax Covid Peak?
Lets start with World #1 spreading Vaxed kidz...all go silent...Wot...
Pretty sure that's the # 1 Problem with Kidz Vax...("Shh! Don't talk too loud! The kidz will hear!")

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:28pm
blindboy wrote:

You are the one talking about scary shit, not me. As for the rest no I am not particularly interested in that data. My interest is in identifying misinformation and presenting the relevant evidence.

Misinformation? Like the links you posted or is that just the only half of the information you want to spread?

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:40pm

If you can find an error in the link, please post it.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 2:49pm
blindboy wrote:

If you can find an error in the link, please post it.

Im not saying there is an error, i'm saying you're only posted the opening chapter but trying to tell us you have read the entire novel.

You're missing vital information. Information that could put those figures into perspective, rather than generate fear.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 3:53pm

Those opposing the vaccination of children, as its safety is further established, or resisting vaccination themselves, increase the risk that we will be in the same situation as Europe next year when winter comes around.

" On Monday, Austria set a new bar for such measures in the West. Facing a 134 percent increase in cases in the last two weeks, the Austrian government cracked down on its unvaccinated population over the age of 12, restricting their movement to traveling for work, school, buying groceries and medical care..................A return to normalcy predicated on the success of vaccination campaigns was being increasingly threatened by the unvaccinated who offered the virus room to run.

That is why governments all around Europe have been taking the extra step of explicitly singling out the unvaccinated. The new rules in Austria amounted to “a massive reduction in contacts between the vaccinated and the unvaccinated,” Professor Eva Schernhammer of the Medical University of Vienna told the BBC.

Similarly, in Germany, which has been besieged by a resurgent virus, the incoming government has said it will impose stricter rules against unvaccinated people, including mandating that they obtain a negative coronavirus test before traveling on buses or trains. In France, booster shots will become requisite for people 65 and older hoping to secure a health pass. And in Italy, vaccination, recent recovery from the virus or frequent negative swabs are required to work."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/15/world/europe/europe-vaccine.html

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 4:15pm

It's funny i have no issues with getting Covid vax myself (fully waxed), but im not super keen on my kids getting Covid vax.

Will only do it if they need it for traveling, otherwise seems a bit pointless.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 4:30pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

It's funny i have no issues with getting Covid vax myself (fully waxed), but im not super keen on my kids getting Covid vax.

Will only do it if they need it for traveling, otherwise seems a bit pointless.

indo if you’re flying from Bali to Jakarta, I’m fairly sure kids can’t travel under the age of 12 . Might want to investigate this further.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 4:51pm

@indo , a quick search and it appears if traveling with children under 12 then a 5 day quarantine is in place . I’m sure I read a few months ago under 12 couldn’t travel domestic but that looks to have changed . https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/destinations/asia/indonesia. Probably change again by the time you go

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 5:18pm

Argh that's fucked better change by mid June, it should do thats 8 months time and half the people that travel to Bali are families often with kids under 12.

Went to Indo embassy in Melb yesterday to get my son an Indo passport, was pretty funny they had the right distance between seats for Covid restrictions but twice as many people there that should be crammed into the small waiting room.

brainiac's picture
brainiac's picture
brainiac Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 10:11pm

10 000 Australians have registered covid vaccine injury claims with the government for their upcoming covid vaccine insurance scheme. People with injuries and health problems due to vaccine reactions can seek financial help due to hardship, to help cover medical costs, and cover lost income, etc.

If the vaccine is safe and we are mandated for it why is this scheme necessary when we have only 1800 odd deaths and how many hospitalizations?

The criteria include an overnight stay in the hospital as well as many other requirements to be met to be eligible. Top payout capped at only 20 K. WTF ....5:1 vaccine-related medical problems blocking hospital beds, taking up resources, impacting people, physically and mentally compared to 1800 odd deaths?
I'm unfortunately vaxed against my will so I can earn a living and participate in my children's activities. FFS we are been taken on a ride. Get the popcorn out as watch more of this shit unfold over the next few years.
The world is a dark place at the moment.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 10:14pm

Anyone else suspect foul play by China? Maybe they already had a real vaccine that works and just wanted to stir up the planet a bit before ww3.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 16 Nov 2021 at 11:23pm

Euro Crisis "Epicentre" (Media play up Hesitant Eurotrash)
Covid infects Rich Poor > Vaxed / Unvaxed
All Highest Vaxed Euro Nations are ramping near / new record Covid Spikes

117% Gibraltar (Highest peak since Jan)
85.9% Denmark (New Record Case Monsta Peak)
84.1% Netherlands (Skyrocketed to a new Monsterous Peak)
81% Finland (Have left Earth's atmosphere & headed for the Moon!)
76.1% Ireland (Ramping real high & really quick)
76% Belgium (More Covid since last year)
West Flanders 60/64 Towns over 80% Vax (Highest strongest Spreaders "by Far!" ) 67% week rise.
"Highest Covid spread rate since day one..." As with UK > Only vax could ramp that!
Guess What! Record speed daily spread speed as well..(Again!) Signature Mass Vax outbreaks!
https://www.brusselstimes.com/news/belgium-all-news/193662/belgiums-most...
tbb said as much ...that Unvaxed Eurotrash were gonna get blamed for record Vaxer spreading.
So where do we read about all these Wealthy Highest vaxed Euro Nations ramping Record Covid?
Just the same Fake MSM over & over like a broken record! Gotta blame someone for record fail.

Experts stress "Vax" is not enough to end Pandemic!

12th Nov WHO :
"No Country can simply Vax it's way outta the Pandemic!"
"The Path outta the Pandemic does not lie in Vax alone!"
"It's not about how many are Vaxed but who is vaxed!"
"We cannot end the Pandemic unless we solve the Global Vax Crisis!"
"It makes no sense to Vax Kidz & Boost healthy adults when Frontline / Aged / Risk go without!"
"This scandal must stop now!"

https://www.who.int/director-general/speeches/detail/who-director-genera...

UK Adult Vaxerz are infecting 85.7% & keep spreading more Covid week after week for months.
UK unvaxed lowering to 14.3% & keep slowing the spread of Covid, week after week for months
For the record UK Vax 79.5% ...Piss easy to see 85.7%Vax infections is a 6% extra Vax spread of Covid...durr!
Experts convince idiot leaders to pay billions to kill ourselves faster with more Covid each and every day.
Like as if no one hasn't guessed by now...game is over...The vax is spreading more Covid > so kills more people!

As said! UK Kiddie Vaxerz are the epicentre of World Covid spreading with 285% infection rate / month
Their Waning Parents are infecting 250-300,000 School kids & fellow Brits each/month

tbb just spoke of this...Student/Parent Jab > Wancubator night is now a fixture on the School calendar.

UK just approved Boosters for 40-49yr/old Waning Parents ...Now! Said Now already! Hurry Up!
https://www.gov.uk/government/news/jcvi-issues-advice-on-covid-19-booste...

WHO! "Scandalous! Think of the sick & Poor people!...(Not sure if any are listening...Outta my way you!)

UK Unvaxed parents keep slowing & reversing fellow UK vaxer'z world record Covid Ramp.
These so called "Vacuum Cleanerz" are working hard at...saving UK from Self Extermination!
Europe is locking away their Vacuum Cleaners for the Winter! (Oz sends best wishes for yer VIP Xmas!)

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 7:29am

Already explained........numerous times.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 8:27am
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 10:52am
frog wrote:

Interesting visuals on risk realities:
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-17/visualising-risks-of-covid-19-inf...

ABC is owned and funded by the Australian Government.

A quick google search reveals that "In 2019–20, the federal budget forecast funding of $3.2 billion over three years ($1.06 billion per year) for the ABC

I'll pass on whatever garbage is in that link.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:12am

Burleigh the ABC has been receiving less and less funding from the government and is screaming for more to keep independent journalism alive. It ain't on the governments side at the best of times.

gragagan's picture
gragagan's picture
gragagan Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:24am
Craig wrote:

Burleigh the ABC has been receiving less and less funding from the government and is screaming for more to keep independent journalism alive. It ain't on the governments side at the best of times.

Was going to say something like that myself. The ABC is just about the only news service that has the balls to call out the gov for their shit, and so the feds hate them for it. Constantly cutting funding, or threatening to axe them altogether.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-11-15/prime-minister-defends-abc-compla...

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:44am

Burleigh, not having a go, but where do you think is the most trustworthy source for Covid info?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:48am
gragagan wrote:
Craig wrote:

Was going to say something like that myself. The ABC is just about the only news service that has the balls to call out the gov for their shit, and so the feds hate them for it. Constantly cutting funding, or threatening to axe them altogether.

But still rely on the government for their funding right? why would they go against the narrative?

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:51am
burleigh wrote:
gragagan wrote:
Craig wrote:

But still rely on the government for their funding right? why would they go against the narrative?

Maybe you haven't been paying attention, but the current govt is ideologically opposed to the ABC, and the ongoing funding cuts, plus the latest senate inquiry, are only the latest salvos in their war against the ABC.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:54am
freeride76 wrote:

Burleigh, not having a go, but where do you think is the most trustworthy source for Covid info?

I believe you have to look at many different sources then use this information collectively for your own truths. Look at the narrative being pushed, look at the reasons behind this from every angle.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 11:54am

You also need to stop saying "narrative".

All media has narrative, even the stuff you trust, you're just not as aware of it.

On that score: all media has bias, so if you think new media is more truthful than legacy media you're being had. The same methods of parsing MSM also need to be applied to new media, otherwise you're simply falling for the same trick.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 12:10pm
stunet wrote:

You also need to stop saying "narrative".

All media has narrative, even the stuff you trust, you're just not as aware of it.

On that score: all media has bias, so if you think new media is more truthful than legacy media you're being had. The same methods of parsing MSM also need to be applied to new media, otherwise you're simply falling for the same trick.

Sure, totally agree that we ALL have a narrative.
The meaning of narrative is a written account of events. My use of the word is that the MSM "narrative" follows the same "narrative" as the Government, like they are bed together, why would that need to stop?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 12:15pm
Craig wrote:

I gotta be honest i don't know how independent journalists get paid but if the ABC needs more funding the keep them alive wouldn't that mean they are being funded by the Government?

Wouldn't that be like Swellnet paying me but me but i can write negative articles about you?

As i said i don't know how it works, so i could be totally wrong.

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 12:17pm

All strength to you blindboy and others trying to talk some sense here.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 12:27pm
burleigh wrote:

Wouldn't that be like Swellnet paying me but me but i can write negative articles about you?

You're framing this in the wrong way.

It's not about writing 'negative' articles, it's about factual reporting, analysis and opinion. Journalism should be undertaken without fear or favour.

You'll find that the ABC is the most trusted source of news in the country.

"In March 2020, 84% of Australians surveyed agreed ABC News ‘is a valuable source of news to the Australian community’ and 72% agreed it is ‘Australia’s most trusted source of news and current affairs’."

https://www.transparency.gov.au/annual-reports/australian-broadcasting-c...

You'll also find that the ABC reports poor journalism published by itself too.

blindboy's picture
blindboy's picture
blindboy Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 12:37pm

Thanks batfink. burleigh at the moment the chair of the ABC, Ita Buttrose, has complained that a proposed government inquiry is an attempt to do exactly what you suggest is the problem; the government trying to intimidate the ABC into being biased in their favour. The ABC has a long record of standing up to that kind of pressure and has suffered funding cuts as a result. If you watch their news and current affairs shows I think you will be unable to find evidence of pro-government bias. You can also look at the material on their web site.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 12:40pm
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

You're framing this in the wrong way.

It's not about writing 'negative' articles, it's about factual reporting, analysis and opinion. Journalism should be undertaken without fear or favour.

You'll find that the ABC is the most trusted source of news in the country.

"In March 2020, 84% of Australians surveyed agreed ABC News ‘is a valuable source of news to the Australian community’ and 72% agreed it is ‘Australia’s most trusted source of news and current affairs’."

https://www.transparency.gov.au/annual-reports/australian-broadcasting-c...

You'll also find that the ABC reports poor journalism published by itself too.

Thanks for the reply Ben,
I understand the framework but thanks for making it easier to understand.

I do find it strange however that there have been no Main Stream articles regarding adverse reactions or deaths. Or info coming from Isreal, UK etc in their reporting. If these journalists really are independent, surely one would want to write on opinion piece and it would be published.

I know he doesnt work from ABC, but Denham Hitchcock suffered from Myocarditis after his jab, he initially came out on his social media, eventually released his own reporting by interviewing experts, however after he released it, it was taken down, edited then re-posted leaving out (what i & many others deemed critical information)
I does feels like every MSM journalist in being censored.

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:27pm

Media narratives and agendas are everywhere on every side of the fence.

The fences are many:
- Doom versus not scaring the sheeple - very important
- Woke or not woke
- Geopolitical perspectives - USA versus other views
- lots of secret squirrel stuff goes on versus it is all silly conspiracy nuts
- etc.
Don't blindly trust any of them - read widely and you get a sense of what it accurate. But some of the most important spook type geopolitical moves and economic stuff (where BIG BIG money is involved) is so manipulated that you will probably never really know what it real or spin upon spin. If you do know you will be wrong footed by them time and again especially on timing i.e. stock market. That is how they make money - wrong foot the sheeple. A big club and you are not in it sort of thing.

One site I have read for a decade to get an alternative view is zerohedge. But ZH sure has its own narrative that is often pushing agendas.

And, it shifted the narrative about 5 or six years ago when I trusted it more to something you really have to very careful with (new owners? doom click bait needs, advertiser money, shady national player sponsors). ZH mostly makes you punch drunk with complex narratives and doom. Early insights into the pandemic from them in Jan 2020 were very useful for me financially. Now their covid stuff is predictably unbalanced.

If you think you know what is going on and have found sites or posters supporting this, with a strong learning one way or the other, that seems to have the answers, you are probably being played.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:26pm
burleigh wrote:

I do find it strange however that there have been no Main Stream articles regarding adverse reactions or deaths. Or info coming from Isreal, UK etc in their reporting. If these journalists really are independent, surely one would want to write on opinion piece and it would be published.

I does feels like every MSM journalist in being censored.

I don't have an answer for you as to whether media has been reporting (or not) adverse reactions/deaths, as I don't know what has and hasn't been reported. And I also don't know the number/percentage of adverse reactions or deaths.

However, just to pull you up: "If these journalists really are independent, surely one would want to write on opinion piece and it would be published."

Actually, journalists aren't employed to publish opinion pieces. They're employed to follow/research current news and events, and then report on them. Opinion pieces are typically written by high profile commentators - who are literally publishing their 'opinion' on a particular topic - and that's where you'll find the bias.

As for "I does feels like every MSM journalist in being censored" - that's a big call, and might I also say without any evidence. There are dozens of topics I'd love to be reported on, that are never covered in the news either, but that doesn't mean journalists are being censored on those topics either. Kinda hard to censor journalists without leaving a trail, too.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:30pm

Amuses me, though in a here-we-go way, when anti-vaxxers start quoting Chomsky. I mean, 'Manufacturing Consent' came out 32 years ago, so what the hell have they been doing all that time? Just blindly swallowing the media line..?

If they'd all been paying attention maybe we wouldn't have invaded Iraq, condemned S11, fallen for children overboard, gone all in on globalisation, allowed Abbott to repeal the Minerals Tax, and a hundred other dodgy plays that required mass consent.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:44pm

Burleigh dont listen to them.. SN have been asleep until today.. Now out guns blazing fellas!?

C'mon, 'ABC the most trusted media...' '84% of ppl agreed the ABC is the most reliable news' hahahahaahh... of course they did because what other option do they have? Do they know any better? Its a classic case of people are narrowed in to a very polarised view and those that go against this view like those scary anti-vaxxers' a term established by the media and propagated regularly by the ABC to get ppl like stunet out there beating their drum of division and suppression.

Wake up, the ABC is more conflicted than the CDC, AHPRA, NOPSEMA or the TGA. Its compromised as are all mainstream and big tech media outfits.

The issue is and just how trusted they are show when a similar stat of 84% is about how many of our population are vaccinated. If you trust the ABC.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:46pm

"and that's where you'll find the bias".
That's not the only place you'll find the bias Ben,
You'll see it in the sub-editing big time. Headline construction sets the scene, and you'll be amazed how statement from conservative politicians are reported as facts (no parenthesis). eg Children were thrown overboard, not "Children were thrown overboard" Peter Reith claims.
Bias is also developed in the hiring of journalists. Idiots like Rachel Blaxendale get a job at News Corp because she is guaranteed to attack Dan Andrews. The quality of her reporting is woeful and there's no way she is hired for her accuracy and basic understanding of the issues.
Simon Benson doesn't keep his job at the Daily Tele because he's accurate and impartial.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:47pm

haha all good Short, I found it a bit weird that all three Swellnet big hitter came out to bat today.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:55pm

I shouldn’t say don’t listen to them! They have great things to say most of the time.. what I meant was don’t let them bury you here in BS!

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:56pm
frog wrote:

Media narratives and agendas are everywhere on every side of the fence.

The fences are many:
- Woke or not woke
- etc.
Don't blindly trust any of them - read widely and you get a sense of what it accurate.

Someone once said - "Don't believe half of what you see and none of what you hear!!"
This was a while back but would be so relevant nowadays.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 1:57pm
burleigh wrote:

haha all good Short, I found it a bit weird that all three Swellnet big hitter came out to bat today.

Not weird at all. It's in our secret ABC contract.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 2:04pm
stunet wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Not weird at all. It's in our secret ABC contract.

Knew it.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 2:18pm
burleigh wrote:

If I'm commentating on the forums, it usually means I'm in fifth gear procrastination mode because I can hear the sound of a project deadline approaching.

Certainly is the case today, anyway.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 2:19pm
shortenism wrote:

Wake up, the ABC is more conflicted than the CDC, AHPRA, NOPSEMA or the TGA. Its compromised as are all mainstream and big tech media outfits.

So what's your preferred source of media, Shortenism?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 2:53pm

now this is a good post....

"Media narratives and agendas are everywhere on every side of the fence.

The fences are many:
- Woke or not woke
- etc.
Don't blindly trust any of them - read widely and you get a sense of what it accurate. But some of the most important spook type geopolitical moves and economic stuff (where BIG BIG money is involved) is so manipulated that you will probably never really know what it real or spin upon spin. If you do know you will be wrong footed by them time and again especially on timing i.e. stock market. That is how they make money - wrong foot the sheeple. A big club and you are not in it sort of thing.

One site I have read for a decade to get an alternative view is zerohedge. But ZH sure has its own narrative that is often pushing agendas.

And, it shifted the narrative about 5 or six years ago when I trusted it more to something you really have to very careful with (new owners? doom click bait needs, advertiser money, shady national player sponsors). ZH mostly makes you punch drunk with complex narratives and doom. Early insights into the pandemic from them in Jan 2020 were very useful for me financially. Now their covid stuff is predictably unbalanced.

If you think you know what is going on and have found sites or posters supporting this, with a strong learning one way or the other, that seems to have the answers, you are probably being played."

every single other one is displaying their usual bias...

as we tend to do...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 17 Nov 2021 at 2:55pm

'It's not about writing 'negative' articles, it's about factual reporting, analysis and opinion. Journalism should be undertaken without fear or favour.'

ahhhhhh... the naivete....

those days are long gone