Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 9:13am

Why don’t they just come clean and show it running around with a machine gun in each hand?

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 11:04am
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 11:50am

Im no expert, but I've listened to a heap of em over the last 48 hours - as we are incessantly told to do... and there is a definite consensus, ...an uncharacteristic concensus, seldom found in the modern context... and that is, biden made an absolute shemozzle of things, despite months and months of warnings and pleadings to prepare for what was so obviously on the horizon...

now, the situation certainly isn't biden's fault, and the abortion of a withdrawal isn't all his fault, but it is the fault of his administration, which as I said before, appear to be totally incompetent, regardless of the issue they are facing

'the optics' of the whole thing are a fucking disgrace, right from biden being on holidays through the biggest issue of his term, to his lonely 'in isolation' terribly contrived desk photo, the fly in fly out press conference - where he took no questions... again... and the shitty speech he did give, that blamed everyone but himself for situation that spiralled out of control on his watch, then the useless prick flew back to his holiday... the man is a fuckstick in charge of a fuckstick administration that has no clue...

a hidin biden, was biding his time for his show pony date of september 11, meanwhile the situation unravelled in matter of days and he was too asleep, too aloof, or too incompetent to grasp what the hell was going on

Its a fuckng disgrace

and oh so typical of the contemporary democrat party, where it is all about hollow PR and absolute bullshit, over focussing on what matters and people's real concerns

they are beyond redemption

arcadia's picture
arcadia's picture
arcadia Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:49pm

The US & NATO needn't feel too bad about losing Afghanistan. England and Russia have had three attempts each at holding the country - all failed. Pre 19th century, invaders came and went numerous times. There were plenty of historical red flags for US / NATO. To have ignored them shows colossal arrogance.
Incidentally, since the second world war, has the US successfully invaded and colonized / held a country? Japan, West Germany & South Korea are all American success stories, but I can't think of any others since.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 12:52pm

I read somewhere the Taliban weren't too happy recovering some of the discarded military equipment. Apparently the Afghan tanks only had one forward gear and six reverse gears!!!

Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding's picture
Ben Harding Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 1:22pm
etarip wrote:

This is a good read.

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/united-states/2021-08-17/why-tal...

No parkour robots though

This is a good watch. Woefully inept to say the least. These guys never stood a chance against anyone, let alone an ideologically manic enemy.

&ab_channel=VICE

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 1:26pm

Crystal Balls are true !

“In the future it will be about finding a way to reduce the population. We will start with the old, because as soon as he is over 60-65 years of age, man lives longer than he produces and costs society dearly. Then the weak and then the useless who do nothing for society because there will be more and more of them, and especially finally the stupid ones.

Euthanasia targeting these groups; euthanasia will have to be an essential instrument of our future societies, in all cases. Of course, we cannot execute people or set up camps. We will get rid of it by making them believe it is for their own good. Too large a population, and for the most part unnecessary, is something economically too expensive.

Socially, it is also much better for the human machine to come to a screeching halt rather than gradually deteriorating. We won’t be able to give intelligence tests to millions and millions of people, you can imagine!

We will find something or cause it, a pandemic that targets certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus that will affect the old or the big, it doesn’t matter, the weak will succumb to it, the fearful and the stupid will believe it and ask to be treated.

We will have taken care to have planned the treatment, a treatment that will be the solution. The selection of idiots will thus be done by themselves: they will go to the slaughterhouse on their own. “

“The future of life” – Jacques Attali, 1981, interview with Michel Salomon.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 5:02pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 6:32pm
sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 6:35pm
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 6:54pm

This is pretty crazy, i never knew Afghanistan was once so liberal, pretty sad.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 7:40pm

The findings from this work are now being prepared for submission to a peer-reviewed scientific journal. Monash University is not in a position to communicate on the outcome of this work until it has been subject to rigorous peer review. The pre-clinical laboratory-based findings will be communicated when the research is peer-reviewed and accepted for publication. https://www.monash.edu/discovery-institute/news-and-events/news/2021-art...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 8:13pm
sypkan wrote:

nice looking 'low equity' toy....

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=6047508158656019&id=10000190...

Yeah mate, you nailed it. That’s pretty much a textbook low equity toy. Well done!

“ Afghanistan's MD530s have their clear limitations, including anemic hot and high performance, literally no armor or defense aids, and rudimentary weapons and sensors.”

It’s based on a 1963 design.

Anymore expertise to share?

(ps: Stop being such a spanker)

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 9:02pm

well i was attempting humour, you spanker!

regardless, are you really happy all those toys and guns at the airport etc. were deserted out of pure desperation only to become the playthings of terrorists?

are you happy the taliban just opened the gates on the jail releasing all those ISIS goons and their bretheran to reek havoc again?

because that's how you come across... it's all just a big 'oh wel...'

because joe's ya boy...

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 9:42pm

Misread that. My bad. Go buy yourself a helicopter. I think I know somewhere there’s a few going cheap. ;-)

Am I happy? Not really. Happen to know a few folk in that neck of the woods. Hope to fuck they all come back OK.

Do I care about the guns and whatnot? Not really. Sounds bad? That country is awash with weapons already. Abandoned out of desperation? By the Afghans? Nah, more likely out of apathy.

Do I care about the jails? Not really. Which one in particular? What do you think has been happening in every district centre thats been overrun by the Talibs in Afghanistan since April 2020 (forever?) What did you expect the Talibs to do? Leave their mates locked up?

What do you want me to do about it? Be outraged? Not because Joe’s my boy. Because the whole thing is a shitshow. Has been for years. As my Afghan friends might say, “inshallah” mister sypkan.

Who / what do you actually care about in this little debacle? And what was your better withdrawal plan again? I’m genuinely interested.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 10:03pm

"Who / what do you actually care about in this little debacle? And what was your better withdrawal plan again? I’m genuinely interested."

any plan that wasn't waiting for a stage managed show pony date that ran out of legs would have been better than big joe's fuck up...

and I mean any...

I care about the instability for the whole world that will follow, and the absolute mindless waste of life, good will, and resources. it's absolutely insane that so much effort and investment can go into one place for such woeful outcomes

you're not the only one with afghan friends, so it is all a bit heartbreaking really, but at the same time, best leave them to sort their own shit... unfortunately, that's not going to happen either...

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Wednesday, 18 Aug 2021 at 11:04pm

Biden is going to have trouble shaking this one off.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 6:29am

“ I care about the instability for the whole world that will follow, and the absolute mindless waste of life, good will, and resources. it's absolutely insane that so much effort and investment can go into one place for such woeful outcomes”

Ya get that the ending to this chapter was written before Joe turned up, right? I think you’re conflating a couple of things here.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 6:46am

I’ll break it down for you. The only ideas that I’ve seen that ‘might’ have led to a more orderly withdrawal and delayed the Taliban victory involved increasing the number of American troops, delaying the exit timeline and /or recommencing combat operations against the Taliban (after almost 18 months). Choosing any one of these three would likely have led to the other two. Which would have made it more likely that the current withdrawal would have been conducted while combat was underway. The current situation appears to be unfolding without any shots being fired between Taliban and US Forces. Which is more orderly than the alternative, right? How do you reckon those cargo aircraft full of civilians would go dodging 122mm artillery and rockets?

So is does your plan involve any of these 3 things?

Do I think Joe Biden is responsible for the collapse of the Afghan Army and the capitulation of the Afghan regional / central government? No. Do you?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 7:08am

The taliban are only doing exactly what their prophet told them to do....this is the true face of Islam....why were we ever there?....who knows...this is something they have to sort out themselves regarding their religion....All we could have ever done properly there is to evacuate any non muslims that wanted to leave. Many people there enjoyed their non fundamentalist holiday but it was never going to last.
Westerners need to stay out of other peoples countries and let them sort their own stuff out and fight their own fights under their own rules.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 7:20am

Great another racist idiot on Swellnet.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 7:41am

"The worlds best surfers know the importance of their feet and look after them. Flamingo Feet are simple to use, cost effective and are designed and tested by Australian Sports Physiotherapist. The only silicone toe spreaders to come with a clinically proven exercise guide to improve your feet and take your surfing to the next level."

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 7:43am

Physiotherapist tested. And comfortable!

Is this from The Onion?

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 7:44am

How the fuck is what the guy above you said 'racist'???

You really wanna pull your head in the way you throw that term around like confetti whenever anyone doesn't agree with your views.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 7:59am

That is some next level surfing.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:01am
stunet wrote:

"The worlds best surfers know the importance of their feet and look after them. Flamingo Feet are simple to use, cost effective and are designed and tested by Australian Sports Physiotherapist. The only silicone toe spreaders to come with a clinically proven exercise guide to improve your feet and take your surfing to the next level."

You know there could actually be something in this, it always amazes me how quickly Indo kids can take up surfing especially seeing most have never had a skateboard, next time you are in Indo have a look at their feet especially in more remote area's, they generally have very spread toes because they grow up not wearing shoes. (even women, horrible looking feet)

Maybe its a factor, but i also think they develop a type of balance from using canoes and other small boats.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:03am

Dunno about the toe-spreaders but my go to is a couple of paper cups of Chateau de Collapsible for my non-physiotherapist approved leg opener.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:03am
ringmaster wrote:

How the fuck is what the guy above you said 'racist'???

You really wanna pull your head in the way you throw that term around like confetti whenever anyone doesn't agree with your views.

If you hadn't noticed VL sees racism in anything and everything, you just have to laugh over wise you go crazy.

I mean how is this in anyway racist?...id say its the opposite.

"Westerners need to stay out of other peoples countries and let them sort their own stuff out and fight their own fights under their own rules."

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:07am

Forget toe spreaders...When is someone going to come up with Oxa gum like Marine boy when I was a kid......Just chew and breathe under water.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:14am

One stray click and now looks what's appearing in my FB feed.

Before this morning I wasn't aware toe-spreaders were even a thing let alone there's a toe-spreader industry.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:24am

Hmmm, nice colour. Really fits with the "back to nature" theme. There is a joke about camel toes somewhere to be found in this.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:44am

A while back there was a short trend for sneakers that fit each individual toe (is that a tautology?)

Anyway, didn't last long, they looked stupid.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 8:49am
zenagain wrote:

Dunno about the toe-spreaders but my go to is a couple of paper cups of Chateau de Collapsible for my non-physiotherapist approved leg opener.

Toe-spreaders are a yoga thing and speaking of yoga @Zen are you referring to happy baby pose?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 9:25am

Smut.

Pure, unadulterated smut.

wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443's picture
wingnut2443 Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 10:49am
Hutchy 19 wrote:

Crystal Balls are true !

“In the future it will be about finding a way to reduce the population. We will start with the old, because as soon as he is over 60-65 years of age, man lives longer than he produces and costs society dearly. Then the weak and then the useless who do nothing for society because there will be more and more of them, and especially finally the stupid ones.

Euthanasia targeting these groups; euthanasia will have to be an essential instrument of our future societies, in all cases. Of course, we cannot execute people or set up camps. We will get rid of it by making them believe it is for their own good. Too large a population, and for the most part unnecessary, is something economically too expensive.

Socially, it is also much better for the human machine to come to a screeching halt rather than gradually deteriorating. We won’t be able to give intelligence tests to millions and millions of people, you can imagine!

We will find something or cause it, a pandemic that targets certain people, a real economic crisis or not, a virus that will affect the old or the big, it doesn’t matter, the weak will succumb to it, the fearful and the stupid will believe it and ask to be treated.

We will have taken care to have planned the treatment, a treatment that will be the solution. The selection of idiots will thus be done by themselves: they will go to the slaughterhouse on their own. “

“The future of life” – Jacques Attali, 1981, interview with Michel Salomon.

Hmmm, yeah, ok ... what was your source for that info Hutchy?

Before posting stuff, maybe do a quick search to see if it's been debunked, factchecked, etc.

See here re what you've posted: https://factcheck.afp.com/posts-falsely-claim-leading-french-economist-j...

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 10:58am

Thanks wingnut . I can not read French so can not read the original article . The fact checker seems to have a problem with the title of the book and only with the mention of depopulation . Maybe I should Fact check the Fact checker ?

You seem good at double checking sources so will leave that to you . The sites I read and sometimes post do their own checking before including articles . I am sure , like the mainstream media , things slip through .

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 12:02pm

Happy baby pose? Never heard of it Guy.

Is that where you sit in a nappy soaked with piss and breast milk dribbling down your chin?

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 12:11pm
Vic Local wrote:

Great another racist idiot on Swellnet.

Hahahahaahaha, VicMoron once again proving beyond doubt he is in fact a MORON. Cannot differentiate between race and religion.

Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy's picture
Cacadajy Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 12:11pm

Zen I think you win. I do not believe the English language has a comeback to that.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 12:42pm

@zen, I see you are thinking back to your time working at that highbrow Sydney gentlemen’s club. You must have dealt with some sick puppies in your time!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 1:32pm

It wasn't uncommon to catch a glimpse of fishnet stocking poking out from the leg of their tailored Saville Row suits from time to time Guy.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 2:28pm

"The Taliban the true face of islam"
I fucking despise the Taliban but to claim they are the true face of that religion is just moronic.
Let's play that game with Christianity shall we? The Westboro Baptist Church is the true face of Christianity. Just pick the most batshit crazy sect and apply it to every person of faith in that particular religion. I reckon Father Bob would be slightly offended.
Maybe we should point the finger at the jews holding the engagement party in Melbourne and pretend all jewish people are like that.
The thing that is most offensive about Optimist's idiotic islamophobia is that in Victoria we've had a covid outbreak at Al-Taqwa college, and those people have taken an absolute bullet for their fellow Victorians. They've gone into full isolation, mostly in small family homes knowing many will probably catch the Delta strain. 38 positive results today on Day 13 tests while in isolation. If Victoria gets on top of this outbreak we can thank the Al Taqwa community for their outstanding response.
Associating these good people with the Taliban, based on those lunatic's bastardisation of the same religion is just fucking offensive.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 3:06pm

Yassmin Abdel Magied is smart enough to field this question!

Unfortunately, she’s not smart enough to realise that ALL religion is a cultural construct so the point is moot.

Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19's picture
Hutchy 19 Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 3:35pm

Just saw an old thread on the Casino abattoir and sharks . Posted a q but hoped it might be answered here .

A late question which I could not find answer for ( only quick look ) .
When was the abattoir opened ? Also a tannery and guess that was opened at the same time .

If been going for longer than the shark problems where is the correlation ?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 3:55pm

Sharia law in every country is the ultimate aim for all muslims as commanded by their prophet. Stealth at first then the usual political takeover by numbers.
I’d post stuff from the Koran and the Hadiths to educate loud people like Vic L but Stu doesn’t like to read it and quite frankly I don’t like to even write it.. If you educate yourselves then you will know what’s going on and also understand the Islamic global mission statement.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 3:59pm

Sorry Yassmin- I'm not buying what you're selling.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 4:02pm

Is she the smuggest, most insufferable thing ever?

And the vocal fry just tops it off.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 4:09pm
Vic Local wrote:

"The Taliban the true face of islam"
I fucking despise the Taliban but to claim they are the true face of that religion is just moronic.
Let's play that game with Christianity shall we? The Westboro Baptist Church is the true face of Christianity. Just pick the most batshit crazy sect and apply it to every person of faith in that particular religion. I reckon Father Bob would be slightly offended.
Maybe we should point the finger at the jews holding the engagement party in Melbourne and pretend all jewish people are like that.
The thing that is most offensive about Optimist's idiotic islamophobia is that in Victoria we've had a covid outbreak at Al-Taqwa college, and those people have taken an absolute bullet for their fellow Victorians. They've gone into full isolation, mostly in small family homes knowing many will probably catch the Delta strain. 38 positive results today on Day 13 tests while in isolation. If Victoria gets on top of this outbreak we can thank the Al Taqwa community for their outstanding response.
Associating these good people with the Taliban, based on those lunatic's bastardisation of the same religion is just fucking offensive.

The Taliban pretty much follow the Quran to a tee, hence why they believe they are the true face of Islam, and who's to say they aren't correct???

The difference with Christianity is the Bible falls into two parts the old and news testament, the new testament is basically an updated post resurrection part, so does away with a lot of outdated aspects like "Eye for an Eye" etc so any group that still hold onto those aspects are ignoring the updated part.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Thursday, 19 Aug 2021 at 4:13pm

"Sharia law in every country is the ultimate aim for all muslims as commanded by their prophet."
And yet beer is freely available in Indonesia, the country with the largest number of Muslims in it, and one of their guiding national principles is freedom of religion too.
Maybe those Muslims are lousy at this world domination thing, or maybe lumping all muslims into one basket, regardless of their cultural background, is a really stupid way to look at the world.
I'm tipping optimist is one of those people who says "there's no such thing as moderate islam" on a regular basis.