Interesting stuff

Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 2:22pm

What's that I hear?

It's the sound of tiger panties dropping to the jungle floor.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 2:27pm

Aahh - Blue Stratos - the pinnacle of advertising excellence

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 2:32pm

Hahahaha!

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 2:54pm

I'll raise you one Scorched Peanut Bar:

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 5:41pm

I love how specific the words in some languages can be . Examples are the German word for the joy found in the fortune of others ( schadenfreude ) and their brilliant creation of the term “ backfeifengisicht “ which means a face which needs to be slapped .

Australia needs a word for the feeling of reaching for your single icy cold longneck at the end of a hot , hard grafting day only to see it roll off the shelf and shatter on the kitchen floor.

I could use a word like that right now.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 5:49pm

It's already in existence Blowy and it's all encompassing-

Starts with 'F'.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 5:59pm

That was my first attempt to convey the emotional weight of the moment. It still felt a bit unsatisfactory. It barely covered the staggering realisation that I’d have to go back up the road to replace the poor vessel laying in a puddle of its own juices like Humpty Dumpty covered in albumen and yolk.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 6:02pm

How about the time honoured "Oh for fuck sake"?

I reckon that pretty much covers it.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 9:49pm
JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 20 Nov 2020 at 10:40pm

Ah, zero hedge again. Lovely stuff. You a big fan of the Paul Joseph Watson stuff on there sypkan?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 1:46am

well jq, you can continue with your incredibly tedious no platform bullshit...

or you can look at the ridiculousness of the 'narrative' of the new york times...

which was the point of me posting it

you a fan of a 'the great reset'?

I don't feel strongly either way, ...aside from the davos set seemingly trying to constantly make our dollars worth less, and their 'assets' worth more...

the point of posting was to show how full of shit the nyt are, which is pretty full to grossly overflowing...

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 5:33am

"The point of posting was to show how full of shit the nyt are, which is pretty full to grossly overflowing...."

Oh the irony...

Again...

(And other Seppo Beer Bingo moments ....fucking again)

Except...

What is the actual fucking point of YOU, Sepp?

Your 'I'm not___BUT___' ADHD blurtings are not ennobling, but enabling.

Call it being a 'useful idiot'. Actually, that's being kind on here.

Then again, useless idiot is too blunt, snowflake?

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 6:27am

whats this great reset all about Syp?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 7:15am

Oh ok Sypkan, and who am I trying to 'de platform' and how am I doing that exactly?

It depends what your definition of 'the great reset' is exactly. Definitions is what I suspect is at the root of the zero hedge things.

I see you are more than happy to comment (as a proxy) regarding the trustworthiness and ethics of a media source. Perhaps you could elucidate you opinions regarding the trustworthiness and ethics of zero hedge as a media source?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 7:37am

Accusing JQ of deplatforming really is an overreach. Might want to withdraw that one sypkan.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 9:30am

Freeride - It’s the same old same old end game of globalisation. The administrative side to the coin and the complimentary counterweight to the transnational corporate side . A centralised world government akin to a global version of the EU . Unelected officials issuing decrees to ( formerly ) sovereign nations.

It’s always been the agenda. They’ve tried to shoe it in using climate change as a front , now they’re using COVID and the resultant economic havoc as a pretext.

Whether you think it’s a good thing or a bad thing means nothing. It’s a thing and it’s coming. The eradication of the nationstate in all but name.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 8:32am

Who's unelected though Blowin?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 8:44am

The other 190 member states who would have a vote in the way Australia operates despite not being Australian and whose vote is bought and coerced by powerful factions.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 8:45am

Oh ok, and what alternate reality is this in?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 8:53am

I get it now. You see how things are at this point in time and assume they’ll remain that way forever.

How’s that theory worked out in world history ?

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 8:51am

And how, aside from scale, is that different to federal government passing laws that apply to states? Those laws are decided by many people who don't reside in (insert state here) and aren't elected by the people in (insert state here).

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 8:53am

I dunno Blowin, that's an idiotic theory, not really sure how you've ascribed it to me. I'd suggest even a cursory examination of history would be enough to reduce that to rubble.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 9:03am

Are you arguing with me because:

A / You don’t believe a world government will eventuate .

B/ You think a world government is a good thing

C/ You haven’t really thought about it but enjoy adopting an opposing stance with me for the sake of any argument at all.

Considering how you scoffed at the suggestion and then claimed that it’s not undemocratic i think that option C is the most likely. In that case I’ll leave it there. If you want to discuss stuff in good faith then I’m all ears but if you want to join the chorus of losers on here who just want to ridicule others for what they believe then I’m done.

Up to you mate.

You want to brand someone idiotic cause they think differently to yourself then you don’t leave yourself much scope for change or discovery. Keep that up and you’ll just end up another shouty old man calling people grifters all day. That doesn’t seem like a fun existence.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 9:04am

I'd like to think you know by now I'll discuss things in good faith if others will too. But I'm more than capable of option C too, as are you - I've sung next to you in that choir chief.

I do think world government will eventuate - look at history, the areas governed under the same leadership have always expanded. I really can't see any way it happens in our lifetimes though.

I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing.

I do think you are grossly oversimplifying things and making wild assumptions though.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 9:20am

Didn't you just contradict yourself there JQ?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 9:22am

This IS my assumption :

“I do think world government will eventuate - look at history, the areas governed under the same leadership have always expanded. “

Perhaps the only difference in our opinion is the timeline ? I happen to believe that the talk of the Great Reset is the launch of the official attempt to bring it into practice.

The EU started as a trade deal same as the varying free trade agreements that we are signing up to in secret. The weakening of sovereignty was undertaken gradually till now. They’re basically announcing a Great Leap Foreward . The speech around the subject by those involved makes no attempt to hide this fact. No longer will nations be asked to voluntarily sign to vague statements of intention. Soon nations will be coerced economically into behaving as a global body declares they must behave under the banner of Common Good.

This may sound like a worthy undertaking in theory but it all means an ever diminished ability of the individual to have any impact on their personal situation. Loss of agency is the final outcome.

There isnt a governing body in the Western Sphere which isn’t becoming more corrupt by the day . I don’t particularly fancy handing control of my life to a corrupt and unrepresentative bureaucrat from the Northern Hemisphere.

I would have voted leave in Brexit for exactly the same reason.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:48am

all some of you guys do is bag certain sources, constantly

cutting em down, disparaging, delegitimising, and, well, ...deplatforming..., regardless of the content. all whilst citing some of the most questionable dubious bullshit, at sources that have embarrased themselves, over and and over, again and again, ...like the nyt...

my question was, is 'the great reset' a 'conspiracy theory'?

...as the nyt portrayed it as, on the very same day the world economic forum are spruiking if as a way forward.... anything they find incoveniant is portrayed as a 'conspiracy theory', anything at all. in their constant battle of 'media driven propaganda', how about they just present the facts? the real story?

speaking of media driven propaganda (and useful idiots) ...there's facisto - xi's no1 propagandaist and apologist - piping in with his usual useful idiot role, of cutting down a poster and story, without actually engaging in the story at all... surprise surprise...

again...

the great reset is pretty much as blowin describes it

the billionaires of the davos class with their billionaire wealth preserving brain fart, well it's not a brain fart actually, the brain fart is jumping on the pandemic too quickly, too readily, and too wholeheartedly as a means to prop up and facilitate their failing agenda

it seems the pandemic just didn't quite deliver enough death, destruction, and chaos to usher in their big preconceived plans unopposed, (and the people know it) hence the continuing frenzied media driven propaganda...

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:06am

"They’re basically announcing a Great Leap Foreward . The speech around the subject by those involved makes no attempt to hide this fact."

Speech?
By whom?
Is it public, I'd like to read it.

I don't really see any diminishment of the nation state or world govt happening any-time soon, but I would like to see evidence to the contrary.

not a fan of world govt.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:15am

Justin Trudeau made a speech along those lines in September. Sorry don't have a link atm.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:27am

What’s this indicate to you , Freeride ? Interpret the asinine corpo speak euphemisms .

“The Covid-19 crisis, and the political, economic and social disruptions it has caused, is fundamentally changing the traditional context for decision-making. The inconsistencies, inadequacies and contradictions of multiple systems –from health and financial to energy and education – are more exposed than ever amidst a global context of concern for lives, livelihoods and the planet. Leaders find themselves at a historic crossroads, managing short-term pressures against medium- and long-term uncertainties.“

The inadequacies of multiple systems ie independent nations .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:33am

“As we enter a unique window of opportunity to shape the recovery, this initiative will offer insights to help inform all those determining the future state of global relations, the direction of national economies, the priorities of societies, the nature of business models and the management of a global commons. Drawing from the vision and vast expertise of the leaders engaged across the Forum’s communities, the Great Reset initiative has a set of dimensions to build a new social contract that honours the dignity of every human being.“

Exactly what do you think this new social contract entails ?

https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:44am

Here's the thing about the world government boogieman.
If Australia is beholden to UN protocols or decisions by groups like the WTO, it's because our government has signed up to global agreements, and they've been ratified by the parliament.
So spare us the lectures about rules being imposed on Australia by unelected bodies when our representatives have agreed to those rules.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:56am

here's the thing about criticising big world government organisations

like the UN, the WTO, the WHO...

sometines it's justified

'the WHO is a flawed organisation'

anthony faucci

but some of you guys get all butt hurt and triggered at the slightest suggestion of such

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:00am

You mean like when our democratically elected government signed us up to trade deals which are so amazingly beneficial that the positions involved would rather they remain a secret than be used to herald their benevolence ?

Incredible how you can spend 24 hours a day on here describing how undemocratically our government behaves - our Prime Minister in particular- yet totally ignore all that and then try to convince us that leaders always act in our best interests because they were the lesser of two evils in a vote every four years.

Our parliament doesn’t even represent us on many occasions and yet somehow we are meant to be stoked to cede decision making for our country to an international body on which our own parliament’s input is reduced to a tiny fraction of the process .

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 10:58am

yeah, i know you all want blame everything on some shadowy group of jews hiding behind a curtain who are secretly running things. it's an easy cop out for your sense of impotent rage. you get to be all pissed off and at the same time don't have to bother doing anything because it's all too shadowy and hidden and big. you don't have to take any responsibility for your actions.

chook's picture
chook's picture
chook Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:02am

the trades deals are fcked. but it's just capitalism 101. you don't need a make up secret world governments. you just shouldn't have skipped class the day they studied marx's critique of capitalism

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:06am

International Law is not really law, you opt in.
Human history shows that unless we all believe in a common inter-subjective "truth" we start killing each other given time. It's why for most of our existence we were hunter gatherers.
A one world government is a paranoid delusion.

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:12am

Haha, how this weekend's rabbit hole!

Pete*, where the bloody hell are ya?

factotum's picture
factotum's picture
factotum Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:12am

*Evans

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:16am

Exactly which actions am I evading responsibility for Chook ?

You think I’m imagining the World Economic Forum and their mission statement which proclaims their grand intentions to alter the world in every avenue of human interaction and existence ?

The same WEF that convenes at Davos every year and attracts the most powerful people and institutions on the planet .

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:17am

Adam12 said : “International Law is not really law, you opt in.”

And that is the very difference we are moving towards. That point will not be true for much longer. That is the reason for the discussion.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:18am

To be honest Blowin, when I go into the website
https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/06/now-is-the-time-for-a-great-reset/

It doesn't sound so scary.

"Clearly, the will to build a better society does exist. We must use it to secure the Great Reset that we so badly need. That will require stronger and more effective governments, though this does not imply an ideological push for bigger ones. And it will demand private-sector engagement every step of the way".

The Great Reset agenda would have three main components. The first would steer the market toward fairer outcomes. To this end, governments should improve coordination (for example, in tax, regulatory, and fiscal policy), upgrade trade arrangements, and create the conditions for a “stakeholder economy.” At a time of diminishing tax bases and soaring public debt, governments have a powerful incentive to pursue such action.

Moreover, governments should implement long-overdue reforms that promote more equitable outcomes. Depending on the country, these may include changes to wealth taxes, the withdrawal of fossil-fuel subsidies, and new rules governing intellectual property, trade, and competition.

The second component of a Great Reset agenda would ensure that investments advance shared goals, such as equality and sustainability. Here, the large-scale spending programs that many governments are implementing represent a major opportunity for progress. The European Commission, for one, has unveiled plans for a €750 billion ($826 billion) recovery fund. The US, China, and Japan also have ambitious economic-stimulus plans.

Rather than using these funds, as well as investments from private entities and pension funds, to fill cracks in the old system, we should use them to create a new one that is more resilient, equitable, and sustainable in the long run. This means, for example, building “green” urban infrastructure and creating incentives for industries to improve their track record on environmental, social, and governance (ESG) metrics.

The third and final priority of a Great Reset agenda is to harness the innovations of the Fourth Industrial Revolution to support the public good, especially by addressing health and social challenges. During the COVID-19 crisis, companies, universities, and others have joined forces to develop diagnostics, therapeutics, and possible vaccines; establish testing centers; create mechanisms for tracing infections; and deliver telemedicine. Imagine what could be possible if similar concerted efforts were made in every sector."

I don't really see any agenda for one world govt in there.

I'm not sure I see any loss of individual or national sovereignty either, or at least anymore that is already happening under current arrangement.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:22am

Christ .....I swear if It was 50 degrees centigrade and I remarked that it was hot the same few people on here would disagree and then bandy personal insults .

It was classic when I was forced to post under a different name for a little while and the same people were agreeing with me on things. Strangely enough that all reverted when they realised who I was.

I don’t take offence. It’s not about me it’s about you. It gets beyond tiring though.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 11:52am

Fair enough , Freeride.

I’ve also read a few other things over time which have helped shape my opinion. Who knows what the future holds. I think this kind of vague reference indicates intent though :

“The Covid-19 crisis, and the political, economic and social disruptions it has caused, is fundamentally changing the traditional context for decision-making. The inconsistencies, inadequacies and contradictions of multiple systems –from health and financial to energy and education – are more exposed than ever amidst a global context of concern for lives, livelihoods and the planet. “

That to me sounds to be a signal that independent approaches by sovereign nations need to be supplanted by a more comprehensive overarching structure which could only be achieved by a unified global system. This system would require a governing body to oversee its design ,instigation and operation. An international governing body in other words. AKA Global Government.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 12:32pm

Maybe, I guess.

I’d need to see a lot more evidence than supposition about some vague corpo motherhood statements.

Anything else?

billythekid's picture
billythekid's picture
billythekid Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 12:43pm

Very nice summary of the ‘great reset’ freeride. Sick of hearing dumb conspiracy theorists talk about the ‘great reset’ without having actually read what is being reset- they just freak out at the words ‘great reset’ and turn them into ‘one world government totalitarian regime’

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 12:57pm

Your opinion, my opinion.

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 1:10pm

Bit more than opinion involved in setting up a global govt.

It would take an incredibly coordinated effort.

You’d need a global army to begin with because there would be huge resistance to the concept.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

I’m open to that evidence if anyone can provide it.

At the moment it seems a bit of a right wing fever dream.

I think more nationalism not less is more likely but that is purely my opinion.

billythekid's picture
billythekid's picture
billythekid Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 1:15pm

Yeah flat-earthers have an opinion too - doesn't stop it from being a dumb opinion.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Saturday, 21 Nov 2020 at 1:30pm

A global army first ?

I don’t think so . I reckon the Global government be gradually introduced and it’s scope incrementally broadened. It won’t even be recognised as the global government until a few years after people realise that most facets of their lives are played out on a script written by an international bureaucracy.

The EU is only just getting around to organising its defence arm now and it’s been in existence for decades.

Of course it takes more than just opinion to create an international body which can coerce nations into slowly relinquishing their sovereignty piecemeal. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen and an attempt isn’t being made to bring it about sooner rather than later.

I’m not certain about the future . No one can be. I’m just throwing out something I think is more than possible whilst still being aware that I could be wrong. That’s just a little reminder to those out there who can’t wait to insult someone who dares have a diversity of thought from themselves.

It always pays to consider all options. That’s why I bought a house back in April even whilst I was describing to yourself why I thought house prices would probably go down.