Blowin's picture
Blowin started the topic in Friday, 21 Jun 2019 at 8:01am

Have it cunts

LOCALIST's picture
LOCALIST's picture
LOCALIST Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 3:59pm

what are you blokes on. AFL fans?
twisted or what.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8286611/Dean-Laidleys-downfall-...

LOCALIST's picture
LOCALIST's picture
LOCALIST Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 4:01pm

yeah mate wilcannia is a shithole. surprised its still going. don't know why anyone would stop there unless for work. shit job to be dumped there.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 4:19pm

Patrick.
That article about Hanson getting on well with indigenous women needs further explanation. That group's leader is Josephine Cashman. She has zero credibility and was sacked three months ago from the Indigenous Advisory Board.
Cashman provided a faked letter from a senior Aboriginal leader as part of a campaign to discredit the author Bruce Pascoe.
You can read about the whole saga here. https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/28/josephine-cashman...
The other prominent person in the group is CLP candidate Jacinta Nampijinpa Price who has also worked for the right wing think tank the Centre for Independent Studies.
Looks more like a few grifters getting together than anything of substance. Hilderbrand is a hack for not including this important information.

Patrick's picture
Patrick's picture
Patrick Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 4:42pm

"Cashman provided a faked letter from a senior Aboriginal leader as part of a campaign to discredit the author Bruce Pascoe." ~ hmmm, interesting stuff. Cheers.

I'd like to comment on the rest of the post but I had a tooth pulled today and it's hard to concentrate (pain & not much food).
Price being right wing ties in with the point I was making, people can't just be cast into moulds based on their cultural heritage, politics, skin colour, etc.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Wednesday, 6 May 2020 at 4:50pm

Grifters are going to grift, no matter where they are on the political spectrum, their religion, or racial background. Good luck with the tooth Patrick.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 2:04pm

I thought this was a very interesting perspective, food for thought:

"We have to first wrap our minds around the basic facts of recent events. The most essential fact is that the U.S. and global economy is now in receivership. It has been declared insolvent and shut down. The receiver is the Central Banking Authority. The maintenance and operation of all economic (and by extension, political and social) mechanisms is now in the possession of the fundamental power to create money. By fiat power, the entirety of economic activity has been extra-legally declared to be under the direct and ultimate purview and responsibility of the Money Power.

This is nothing short of a coup. The seizure of ultimate power by extra-legal means under the mantle of presumed and unchallenged authority and the cover of fear.

The Federal Reserve Bank, as the issuer of the global reserve currency, and its associated global central banks, have unilaterally granted themselves the power to issue any amount of currency. They have declared the power to buy and sell with literally unlimited artificially-created funds in any market at any time for any reason. They have issued the edict that all bankruptcy, all default and all consequence for any misallocation of resources is illegal and null. Any form of speculation and financial engineering, whether in the past, present or future, has been sanctioned and authorized. Those without access to the spigots of central bank liquidity will receive subsistence levels of Universal Basic Income.

There are no more free markets. There is no capitalism. If there is an actor in the markets which can intervene in any way at any time for any reason in any amount without any process of authorization then there are no markets. There is only pure, centralized, fiat power.

None of this could have been accomplished absent a pervasive atmosphere of fear and a population willingly submitting to lockdown. There are no tanks in the streets, but the first UBI checks are in the mail.

Since the Everything Bubble would have eventually burst on its own, it was decided to intentionally pop it, place the economy in receivership and then effect a controlled reorganization.

Just as the first experimental rounds of Quantitative Easing and near-zero real interest rates were never rolled back, long after the financial crisis was over and well into a supposed economic recovery, the current state of affairs will never be reversed. Instead, this sudden power grab will form the basis of financial, economic, political and social authority going forward, a foundation upon which a new order will be built.

Since 2008, free market capitalism has been held captive in a cell, tortured, beaten and bloodied. In March 2020, it was taken out back, put up against a wall and shot in the head. We are in Post-Capitalism 1.0 now."

https://www.thebullbear.com/profiles/blogs/the-dawning-of-a-new-era-post...

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 3:08pm

Trying to wrap my tiny little brain cell around that VJ but its hard going.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 7 May 2020 at 4:09pm

Now that’s a conspiracy, VJ !

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 5:24am

How good is it to be able to rest your head on that pillow each night , safe in the knowledge that the government is going in hard on foreign countries buying essential Australian commodities.

Josh and Scott would never allow a communist dictatorship to buy anything as fundamental as access to water....would they ?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-06/chinese-state-owned-companies-buy...

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 7:39am

Yes blowin the loose regulation of water trading is a shit situation and it’s being going on for a very long time.
Foreign and Australian companies have been screwing farmers and the tax payers for ages. Where were you when Angus Taylor’s mates, domiciled in the Bahamas, scored $80 mil in a water buyback scheme that delivered no water? Where were you when big local irrigation companies stole water on an industrial scale? Funny how you jump on this now and focus on the Chinese players. Then again, you were never going to bang on about crooked “Anglo” participants in our Dodgy water market set up, and regulated, by crooked Anglo politicians. Wrong colour crooks eh?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:09am

Geez, the news what Blowin posted is new because Mick Keelty who has headed up an investigation into AUs water management has found foreign players, including Chinese, are able to buy into the water market without review / sign off from the foreign investment board. Further there is a foreign investment register at the ATO that these water investors aren’t required to be part of. In both cases Mick Keelty is recommending foreigners who buy into our water market are subject to the rules that apply to any other foreign investor here.

Now you say this has been happening for a very long time VL. I agree our water management of our rivers is a regurgitated dogs breakfast

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:20am

Interesting stuff:
Hungary, Serbia and Montenegro are no longer considered democracies, in part due to centralising power and claiming indefinite emergency powers in the current crisis (straight out of George Lucas' playbook....). Hungary contests the claim.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020/05/hungary-serbia-montenegro-longer-...
https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/06/hungary-no-longer-a-democracy-r...

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 8 May 2020 at 9:49am

Hey VicLocal, see this today?

https://www.theage.com.au/national/labor-s-attack-on-migrant-workers-is-...

Now scroll down to the comments and sort by most respected. Have a read what people are saying about 1.0 million + temporary foreign workers here. Racist?

Where will you sit when Australia has an unemployment rate of 5%-7+% (of Australian citizens) post Coronavirus. Still good to have so many foreign workers here?

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:48am

GuySmiley. What we will see is the Federal government having a really good look at what occupations still have a shortage of skilled labour. You can expect plenty of occupations (university lecturers being number 1) getting dropped off the list for fast tracking temporary work visas.
So yes, there will be a drop off in the number of temporary visa holders working in Australia.
This whole process needs to be done on a sector by sector basis. Hell yes, don't import labour if Australians are willing and able to fill roles, but setting a fixed number of temporary visa holders allowed into the country across all sectors is economic insanity and would stall any recovery. If Australians don't have the training, mobility, and willingness to work in specific sectors (fruit picking is a good example), without foreign workers, those industries can't survive. There would be no work for farmers and pickers (Australian and foreign) if that happened.
One more thing, Labor looked like they were blaming foreign labor for worker exploitation. That was a really bad look.

LOCALIST's picture
LOCALIST's picture
LOCALIST Friday, 8 May 2020 at 10:46am

politicians are hopeless politics is shit and immigrants are fucking us up. economics is fucking worse.
whos got kids?

get the schools open. fucking hell

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:06am

Vic Local.....this is just getting silly. You’ve either revealed yourself to be everything you despise ie insulting and offending online

Or

You’re dumb as dogshit and truly believe I’m a Neo Nazi.

Whatever it is , I’d suggest it’s time for you to lay off . Unless you want me to start posting every second day about your proclivity towards young children.....why not ? Same same. You wanting to gaslight the world into believing that I’m an Asian hating White supremacist is no different from me regaling the world with tales of your noncing tendencies.

Time to put an end to your little fantasy.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:23am

"You’re dumb as dogshit and truly believe I’m a Neo Nazi."
Really blowin? You're making shit up again. Show me again where I've called you a neo-nazi.
You're just a bog-standard garden variety racist.
The thing about neo-Nazis is, at least they accept their racism and are proud of it. It's twisted I know, but at least the goose-steppers are fucking more honest than you when you deny your racism.

hugospees's picture
hugospees's picture
hugospees Friday, 8 May 2020 at 11:37am

@viclocal ur trash 1v1 me fort @grommie6969

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:11pm

Another teacher with shit for brains.

No wonder Australia is in the state it is with clowns like those on here showing young crew how to think.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:09pm

C'mon...this is descending, and the comments are appearing on the homepage.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:15pm

Stu....Not sure what you’d expect with another gaslighting retard on a mission.

I count the days till I get back to Asia , yet I log onto Swellnet and there’s some turkey who thinks it’s all good to relentlessly proclaim that I hate asians just cause he’s not smart enough to listen to what is actually said.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:16pm

Reckons it's about time everyone laid off the personal attacks.

Prosecute your argument.
Let other people critique it.
Then either revise, refine, or repent.
Repeat ad finitum.

But can everyone please stop making these accusatory leaps.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:19pm

What’s this shit ?

. “Then again, you were never going to bang on about crooked “Anglo” participants in our Dodgy water market set up, and regulated, by crooked Anglo politicians. Wrong colour crooks eh?“

Where does this shit come from ?

Fucker conveniently forgets the story about the Irish nationals taking Aussie jobs a day ago because it doesn’t fit in his narrative.

I don’t give a rat’s arse if people flay me for what I do say and think , but I’m not keen to sit here whilst some clown talks absolute shit about me.

Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper's picture
Dale -Cooper Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:27pm

Stop whining, Blowie. You know Stu will look after you.

Wait up, is that an "accusatory leap"?

My bad.

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:38pm

"Mummy, that naughty boy is picking on me again."

Pops's picture
Pops's picture
Pops Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:46pm

Blowin, if it helps, he's not talking shit about you per se*, but an imaginary person he's constructed based on your persona and things you've said on here. We all do that - online personas in forums don't have enough detail to fully flesh out who a person is, so our minds fill in the gaps. The same thing happens in "real life", though to a lesser extent.

*I'm assuming he doesn't know you.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 12:52pm

Nah , I’ve written lengthy posts specifically for him based on this very topic.

He just chooses not to listen or isn’t smart enough to understand.

Whatever

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 1:19pm

The thing that never fails to puzzle me is the white nights on here who act like someone getting called a name on the bus because they’ve got a different skin colour is some kind of mortal wound which no one would ever recover from , but then they’ll get on here and slander , lie , accuse , talk shit about and attempt to publicly destroy someone because they’ve got a different opinion to themselves.

There doesn’t seem to be any genuine humanity or good will. That’s what makes the hypocrisy of the virtue signalling even more galling.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 2:55pm

Hey blowin, I think you'll find racism goes a little bit beyond name calling on a bus. There's the silent racism of job and lease rejections, then there's damage to property and physical assaults. Then there's the intimidation making people afraid to participate in society, and then at the far end of the scale there's Christchurch and multiple RW nutters getting arrested planning serious hate crimes. But hey, why does it not shock me that you'd just write the whole shit show off as a bit of name calling. Way to pretend racism isn't much of a problem mate.
You don't deserve any "humanity or goodwill". When you tell massive lies to slander Chinese people and get caught doing it, you refuse to admit you are wrong. You've never debated this topic with any goodwill, but demand it back. Pathetic.
Boo hoo, go cry somewhere else. You dish it out, but whenever someone calls out your racist bullshit, you play the "poor me I'm a victim" card. It's like you learnt that victimhood shit from George Pell.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 3:05pm

Hey VL, do you get offended by being called a Mexican or a Northern Tasmanian?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 3:26pm

Christ .....you see the back end of one deluded fuckstik and another one pops up like mushrooms after rain.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 3:25pm

you having a go at me Blowin?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 3:27pm

Not at all , Fitzroy.

That was directed at our new resident Don Quixote.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:17pm

Hey VL, do you get offended by being called a Mexican or a Northern Tasmanian?

No Fitzroy 21. I'm all good with that. I still have a sense of humour and see the funny side of things. Pretty sure Chinese people being told on a bus to "fuck off back their own country" don't get too much of a laugh out of being racially abuse though. But hey, it's easy put racial abuse into the "get over it" basket if you're never the victim of it eh blowin?

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:23pm

But VL, Blowin has expressed his dislike for China, but how is that racist? China is a country, a Nation. Not a race. China is a part of Asia. The Chinese are a nationality, again, not a race. It’s a bit like people that don’t like Muslims. They are called racist also, but Islam isn’t a race, it is a religion.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:36pm

Fitzroy 21. You've come to this debate really late. I've seen months of racist crap coming from blowin. A few days ago he wanted to round up South Koreans for deportation. No amount of semantics, nor his denials, is changing the fact the bloke is deeply racist.
But let's play semantics if you want. If Islam isn't a race and people don't like Muslims, would the term "bigot" be better for you?
BTW, being a bigot is just as bad as being a racist.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:31pm

You're picking out one term of bigotry, it is also an intolerance towards those who hold different opinions from oneself.

Vic Local's picture
Vic Local's picture
Vic Local Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:36pm

Hey Fitzroy, I'm perfectly happy for people to hold different opinions just as long is it doesn't harm others. If you want to think that dancing around a maypole in a dress will ensure a good harvest that's fine.
Spreading racism does have consequences. The rise of hate crimes during Covid 19 and in general over the last two decades is disgusting. 50 people were blown away in Christchurch just over a year ago. People like blowin don't get to push a racist agenda without opening themselves up to criticism. He talks racist shit, I hold him to account. That's how it works.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 4:44pm

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Friday, 8 May 2020 at 5:04pm

Never suffered racial abuse ?

As stated previously, I’ve been denied employment because I was Australian in Australia, I’ve been chased down the street by a mob screaming for blood cause I had the wrong colour skin ( twice ! ) , endured many incidences of proper foul mouthed racial tirades and had death threats because I was the wrong race .

Plus others.

Yet you don’t think I know what racism feels like.

BTW ....The Korean blueberry workers can indeed fuck right off back to their country as they are denying work for the locals who have sky high rates of unemployment.....and the locals aren’t all white by any stretch.

Save your high moral outrage , you just gaslight inappropriate bullshit on the internet whilst masturbating over the idea that you’re a white knight .

Call me a racist all you like , Vic Local. The more clowns like you run all meaning out of the term the better . That way people might be able to have worthwhile discussions without some hare -brained muppet thinking they can shut it down by throwing their little buzz word around.

So say it whenever I mention the concept of a population plan for Australia. Say it when I talk about lowering immigration rates so young Australians can afford a house . Say it when I suggest that encumbent Australians should be prioritised for Australian jobs. Say it when I say that the CCP can get their clever little rat hands off Australia.

Racist !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Friday, 8 May 2020 at 5:09pm

I was nearly beat up by (Japanese) punks in the back streets of Osaka for who I looked like, but then they discovered I was Australian and not American, so they shouted me a free afternoon of video games instead.

One tends to get addicted to the ratcheting levels of bizarre in Japan.

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 8 May 2020 at 5:32pm

Oh Blowin, you're cracking me up buddy!

"That way people might be able to have worthwhile discussions without some hare -brained muppet thinking they can shut it down by throwing their little buzz word around."

And you don't consistently behave as though you can shut down any argument by claiming that the person making has either called you racist or you believe they are insinuating it. Not to mention how often your particular 'arguing' style gets in the way of having worthwhile discussions.

Hilarious, you do exactly the same thing but in reverse. Is there a word to describe it?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:08pm

VL says "Fitzroy 21. You've come to this debate really late. I've seen months of racist crap coming from......"

Au contraire mon putain d'ami de bouche odieux et bruyant it is you that is late to the Swellnet Party when it comes to what you describe as racism. Not sure where you were last year and the year before and the year before that during all the low brow debates here on Muslims, Aboriginals and the political right's petulant obsession with free speech and 18c. As they say il y a de plus gros poissons à faire frire dans la mer que votre ami blowin but carry on or not

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 8 May 2020 at 5:57pm

Fitzroy - at its core racism is unfairly judging someone based on something they have not chosen and have no control over - their race.

To unfairly judge someone because of their religion (when they have not had the choice, as most people brought up in Muslim countries would not) is not fair and is no better than racism.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:01pm

@GS, I chose to ignore that comment of his, he knows no different.

@JQ, Who are you to decide what and who in being unfair. Do you know all?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:18pm

Totally disagree JQ religion is not like ethnicity it's a choice.

Most people here are fine criticising Christianity but strangely find it offensive to critique Islam, islam will never adapt to the modern world unless it's outdated aspect's are critiqued just like people have no issue doing with Christianity and Christians has and still adapting.

That doesn't mean you need to hate muslims, i have many muslim friends, I've even celebrated the end of fasting (Idul fitri) with the meal/feast they have etc

And you obviously don't do it to muslims faces just like you don't with Christians, unless you are friends and comfortable having a cvil debate. (but personally dont recommend it)

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:21pm

Brace yourself Indo - I pretty much agree with you!.

But you've got to concede, for a lot of muslim people who live in hard line muslim countries they really don't have a choice do they? Pretty sure if you are an Iraqi or an Afhani for instance, and you are born into a muslim family, you're not going to have a lot of say in the matter are you.

If people are making the choice themselves, an informed choice - criticise away

JQ's picture
JQ's picture
JQ Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:25pm

I would add aswell, I find a lot of christians have this belief that they are unfairly targeted in this country.

I would say 99+% of christians in this country make a choice and given we have a decent education system it should be an informed choice at that. So they are not being judged for something they have not a choice in or have no control over.

Also, christians are the ones - in this country - who are at times trying to impose their idea of morality onto the rest of the populace.

fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21's picture
fitzroy-21 Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:28pm

Ok, so I have a question for you. Last weekend I was on a public beach. It is many KM’s long. Half of it is barricaded off as a reserve for T.O.’s, the other half is open for the general public to drive on, ride horses, quads, motor bikes, BBQ’s, etc. We were there with friends and kids. Multitudes of people were spread out along the beach, 30M+ apart, enjoying their day in similar fashion.
An indigenous family suddenly decided they didn’t like us and where we were and started abusing us. We did our best to ignore them at first but the language around our children started to get a bit much so we approached them to try and talk reason. After a while and failure with reason, we started to continually be called “fucken white cunts”, yelled at the top of their voices, particularly by the older women.
So who is the racist here? Us, because our ancestors colonised this country and they were persecuted to which I personally played no part in, or them, because I’m white?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 8 May 2020 at 6:35pm

@JQ

Agree with pretty much all that.