Surfers and conspiracy theories etc

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 8:00pm

I knew surfers weren't immune to being crazy, but a group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bryonbaysurfers/?hc_ref=ARRWDoQ3b7IDHBjx...

No i am not a member

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 12:42pm
gsco wrote:

No one here is rejecting science, quite the contrary.

In saying that you're either misunderstanding the conversation or intentionally engaging in further information warfare.

The point is what we're seeing going on around us, particularly during and relating to covid, is overwhelmingly not science.

What we're seeing is biased, often fraudulent, misuse and abuse of tools and techniques of science mixed in with tools and techniques of information warfare for furthering institutionalised confirmation bias, manufactured certainty, manufactured consent, "consistent messaging", government policy responses and agendas, political warfare, corporate commercial agendas, culture wars, foreign policy agendas, etc.

Actual science is still out there being done...somewhere...(well I do it in my employment every day)...but it's overwhelmingly not what we're exposed to in the media, and I would say nor being produced in the research output of academia, etc.

So where do you see that it leaves us - in a culture of confusion and nihilism?

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 3:30pm

@AndyM wrote 'But I believe the risks of Covid far outweighed the risk of the vaccine. Nothing I've seen hints at anything to the contrary.
And now we've moved on to excess mortality or whatever.
My personal jury is out on that one, there could well be more to the story.'
I think you'll find that 'whatever' you mention may be the hint you're overlooking Andy.

'

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm
gsco wrote:

No one here is rejecting science, quite the contrary.

In saying that you're either misunderstanding the conversation or intentionally engaging in further information warfare.

The point is what we're seeing going on around us, particularly during and relating to covid, is overwhelmingly not science.

What we're seeing is biased, often fraudulent, misuse and abuse of tools and techniques of science mixed in with tools and techniques of information warfare for furthering institutionalised confirmation bias, manufactured certainty, manufactured consent, "consistent messaging", government policy responses and agendas, political warfare, corporate commercial agendas, culture wars, foreign policy agendas, etc.

Actual science is still out there being done...somewhere...(well I do it in my employment every day)...but it's overwhelmingly not what we're exposed to in the media, and I would say nor being produced in the research output of academia, etc.

Cheers gsco

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 3:52pm

Been a while since Ivermectin had a mention anywhere ?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 3:59pm

@gsco

It's been a huge problem right from the start

The complete lack of understanding of the differences and critciallity of things such as science, policy, consistency and leadership.

Science is only a small part of this, but it's a fundamental.

Just like clear, consistent messaging, and leadership that doesn't bend to loud mouth commentators who are capitalising on people's frustrations. Also fundamental.

Problem is we have idiots with platforms who say stuff like 'OMG LOOK AT HOW SCIENCE HAS CHANGED, JOKAVICH CAN COME BACK TO AUS NOW HAHAHA'.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 4:15pm
Stok wrote:

@gsco

It's been a huge problem right from the start

The complete lack of understanding of the differences and critciallity of things such as science, policy, consistency and leadership.

Science is only a small part of this, but it's a fundamental.

Just like clear, consistent messaging, and leadership that doesn't bend to loud mouth commentators who are capitalising on people's frustrations. Also fundamental.

Problem is we have idiots with platforms who say stuff like 'OMG LOOK AT HOW SCIENCE HAS CHANGED, JOKAVICH CAN COME BACK TO AUS NOW HAHAHA'.

Stok is the kinda bloke that wants you to trust the science but then doesn’t follow the science and get his kids vaccinated.

Don’t be like Stok

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 4:39pm
udo wrote:

I though it was settled after it was listed as an approved treatment in the USA.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 4:42pm
udo wrote:

Here you go udo , since musk has taken over Twitter and let everyone back on there’s quite a bit on ivermectin . Here’s old Brett with a YouTube special .

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 5:02pm

https://m.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Friday, 13 Jan 2023 at 7:08pm
AndyM wrote:

So where do you see that it leaves us - in a culture of confusion and nihilism?

When I look around me I see a society increasingly built on the solid and impressive foundation of pure self interest, in which people are predominately engaged in a chess game of high level interpersonal warfare with each other, with the main objective of getting on the right side of the asset price ledger and getting rich, and where ethics, right and wrong, facts, science, etc, are just optional tools in a large toolkit at one's disposal to draw on when it suits.

Stok, I think you and I would be friends in a different universe. You remind me a lot of many people I work with (in fact I'm convinced you're a particular colleague of mine..).

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:05am

Trust the experts…… NO not this expert.
The clown show rolls on
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/13/bbc-cardiologist-aseem-mal...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:08am
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:28am
burleigh wrote:

Trust the experts…… NO not this expert.
The clown show rolls on
https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2023/jan/13/bbc-cardiologist-aseem-mal...

From the article "The BHF has said that, while Covid infections probably contributed significantly during the first year of the pandemic, ambulance delays, inaccessible care and lengthy waiting lists are now the key factors.".
They sound more like the effect than the actual cause. I'm sure all these factors existed before covid but without the excess deaths.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 9:31am

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:04am

There will come a time when these guys will be commended for their fortitude and perseverance.

Open dialogue and debate which is informative and free of vested interests. No money to be made here ;)

Seemingly regarded as scapegoats for ‘misinformation’ - in reality, though, the courageous voice of reason and a true counter measure to effectively challenge and disrupt government induced control and corruption.

Joe asking the sticky questions and Brett being the brains trust ;)

This is freedom of speech. This is how democracy works in real time.

Transparency. Accountability ;)

‘No matter how smart you are, you can always learn…’

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:24am

Udo is the kind of bloke that puts his seatbelt on, then puts some sticky tape over the seatbelt.

Has a crash, gets hurt but makes a statement saying it would have been worse without the sticky tape.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:31am

https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/u-says-pfizers-bivalent-covid-212237467.html If there’s an investigation I hope it’s an independent one and not by a government agency.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:42am

https://www.bmj.com/content/379/bmj.o2527. FDA urged to publish follow-up studies on covid-19 vaccine safety signals

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 11:37am

What the fuck is this shit.

And you wonder why we have so many questions

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 12:21pm
Supafreak wrote:

https://www.bmj.com/content/379/bmj.o2527. FDA urged to publish follow-up studies on covid-19 vaccine safety signals

I think it's safe to say we need a new supply of red flags. Fark me.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 12:25pm

Round 27 of bedwetting is kicking off.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 1:31pm

Why the insults roadkill? Nobody was insulting you. Did you actually read the article? Any chance you could contribute a thoughtful meaningful articulate comment, rather than just insulting people for sharing information??

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 2:15pm
burleigh wrote:

What the fuck is this shit.

And you wonder why we have so many questions

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CmZrI__AQ0B/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

lame-o

just fill in the template blanks...

(and collect the cash)

B grade 'stars' n influencers need only apply

https://mobile.twitter.com/DirtBikeStileto/status/1613768299204202496

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 2:14pm

'but don't get your covid information from instagram'

...they said...

Stuart Lickspittler's picture
Stuart Lickspittler Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 2:16pm

"Chorus against George Pell louder than the media singing his praises" https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/chorus-agains...

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:07pm
bluediamond wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Isn't it cool how if you focus on an idea, opininon or something long enough, you know, really think about it, concentrate on it etc.

Then, go search it up on Google, it turns out you can discover articles and interpret them to say it's true!

Incredible hey!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:23pm
bluediamond wrote:

Why the insults roadkill? Nobody was insulting you. Did you actually read the article? Any chance you could contribute a thoughtful meaningful articulate comment, rather than just insulting people for sharing information??

Some quotes from the BMJ article ……..Dick Bijl, physician epidemiologist in the Netherlands, says, “The FDA managed to determine the efficacy of the vaccines in a short period of time, but they have not analysed the pharmacovigilance data with the same speed. If they found signals in July 2021, they should have been analysed and published within months.” ……….“The FDA should have informed doctors about any early safety signals from the vaccines,” says Bijl. “Most doctors are not trained to, nor are they focused on, recognising side effects, especially because vaccines are generally regarded as quite safe. It’s important that doctors are told what to look out for.” ………Earlier this year, the CDC admitted to withholding deliberately critical data on boosters and hospital admissions. Kristen Nordlund, CDC spokesperson, told the New York Times that the agency had been slow to release data to the public on breakthrough infections “because they might be misinterpreted as the vaccines being ineffective.”……….According to Stabell Benn, the underlying problem with documenting adverse events is that the covid-19 vaccines “were not tested properly.” She says, “The phase 3 trials offered vaccines to the control groups just a few months after the randomisation, so it doesn’t allow for assessment of the long term adverse events—but it’s the best evidence we have so far, since no phase 4 trials were carried out. Now, we largely have to rely on poorer quality data and studies.”

Adding to the difficulty is the type of adverse events being documented. “Myocardial infarction and thrombosis are events that occur often in the elderly and so doctors are less likely to report them as potentially linked to the vaccine, unlike vaccine induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia which is so dramatic and rare and also affected younger age groups, so it was easier to pick up,” says Stabell Benn.…………The Pfizer and Moderna clinical trial reanalysis by Fraiman and colleagues indicated the mRNA vaccines were associated with an additional serious adverse event for every 800 people vaccinated, far more than the 1-2 for each million reported for vaccines in general.10 Fraiman says he and his colleagues asked the FDA to warn the public based on their reanalysis, and replicate their study, but this has not happened.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:32pm
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Isn't it cool how if you focus on an idea, opininon or something long enough, you know, really think about it, concentrate on it etc.

Then, go search it up on Google, it turns out you can discover articles and interpret them to say it's true!

Incredible hey!

Your right stok , the BMJ has always been full of shit , just another sub standard rag. As for reuters , another MSM bs piece . https://au.lifestyle.yahoo.com/u-says-pfizers-bivalent-covid-212237467.html

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:35pm

It's alright Stok. Pink is on your side. hahahaha

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:37pm

Or maybe Michael Phelps is more fitted for Stok

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:48pm
Stok wrote:
bluediamond wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Incredible hey!

Fair enough point @stok but i think that goes both ways on that front. To assume naivety on behalf of the person seeking the information is a bit arrogant though.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 3:58pm
bluediamond wrote:

What was the insult and who was insulted?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:02pm
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:03pm

I know you can’t see over your blinkers, BD. But take them off every now and again and re-read all the posts and come back and tell us who consistently throws out the most asinine comments?

I doubt you can do it.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:39pm

Wait wait wait. It’s QuestLove that will tip you over the line

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:51pm
Roadkill wrote:

I know you can’t see over your blinkers, BD. But take them off every now and again and re-read all the posts and come back and tell us who consistently throws out the most asinine comments?

I doubt you can do it.

Hi Roadkill. I assumed you were labelling myself and others bedwetters for asking relevant questions. Would be nice to move past all the tit for tat and actually engage in a thoughtful and meaningful conversation. Yep i've said some dumb shit in the past and i can only say i'm trying to do better on that front. It's hard when the bar stays so low though. I don't discount your thoughts, you seem switched on enough, but continually keeping the conversation at base level and thus stifling conversation is honestly tiring mate. There's alot of information coming out that just can't be overlooked and that's the crux of what most on here are trying to achieve. Cheers.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 4:59pm
bluediamond wrote:
Roadkill wrote:

I doubt you can do it.

Hi Roadkill. I assumed you were labelling myself and others bedwetters for asking relevant questions. Would be nice to move past all the tit for tat and actually engage in a thoughtful and meaningful conversation. Yep i've said some dumb shit in the past and i can only say i'm trying to do better on that front. It's hard when the bar stays so low though. I don't discount your thoughts, you seem switched on enough, but continually keeping the conversation at base level and thus stifling conversation is honestly tiring mate. There's alot of information coming out that just can't be overlooked and that's the crux of what most on here are trying to achieve. Cheers.

Since the new year I have avoided any insults or personal attacks, as it is a far more interesting thread when that is the standard ..yet you call me out at some perceived slight to yourself.

Call out others who troll daily and are still throwing insults and keeping the convo at a low level and you may have a point..until then…stay in your lane.

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 5:04pm

No worries Roadkill. Your perspective, i respect that, i'm doing my best and i do own making mistakes.. And good to hear you're looking at things from that perspective. I agree with you, it's a good way forward, Hope to have some good chats moving forward. All the best for the new year RK.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 5:16pm

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 6:22pm
udo wrote:

https://youtu.be/yMyERFBdB4E

You dont agree with Professor Robert Clancy? isn't he an expert you kept telling us to trust?

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 6:22pm

Stuart Lickspittler Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:12pm
Stuart Lickspittler wrote:

"Chorus against George Pell louder than the media singing his praises" https://independentaustralia.net/business/business-display/chorus-agains...

bluediamond's picture
bluediamond's picture
bluediamond Saturday, 14 Jan 2023 at 10:31pm

Yep, knew before i saw it that the media narrative would be 'polarising figure' @lickspittler. It's a safe out. Must give praise to Anthony Albanese though. He did the most diplomatic job you could do as head of oz without actually calling him a pedo cunt. Reading between the lines what he didn't say summed it up very well i thought. Kudos Albo! Something about being a working class ozzie no bullshit fella that sees through the bullshit. I'm sure he'd loved to have really said what he thought. But not possible in his position. Meanwhile Scomo squirms. I bet that story is yet to come out.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 1:16pm

7th Jan 2023 "NSW Vax Status of cases to Hospital / ICU / Deaths are no longer reported here."
Several reasons are listed for ending data...
https://www.health.nsw.gov.au/Infectious/covid-19/Pages/weekly-reports.aspx

All but the most obvious reason...Booster Dose 4 ramps Health Crisis above VOC populous.

26th Nov 2022 ~ Only Dose 4 Hospitalisations surpassed previous wave.
10th Dec 2022 ~ Only Dose 4 ICU surpassed previous wave.
7th Dec 2022 ~ Dose 4 Deaths ...... NSW deaths keep increasing this week to 112 {R.I.P}

Exactly! NSW Health were not gonna share that Dose 4 Deaths has surpassed last Wave...(End)
Why! Crew know why...Vax efficacy keeps failing with each dose from day one until data end.
Any fool can see NSW /Govts are 100% orchestrating their own Horror Health Crisis.
Have more Boosters they say...(Cough! Splutter! Croak!)

22nd Dec 2022 ~ Oz Govt Covid 19 Vax rollout ( Being the last of Dec 2022 > matching last NSW data)
https://www.health.gov.au/resources/publications/covid-19-vaccine-rollou...

(Companion) Current Wave Infection [+] Vax Guide is provided by...Tasmania (Salute)
5th Nov 2022 > 7th Jan 2023 [+] Infection Rate = 0 dose 2.9%[+] > 1/2/3/4+ doses 97.1%[+]

tbb tributes : NSW Vax data Start 28th May 2022 > End 31 Dec 2022 (Salute!)

Vax NSW Population (%)...Hospital % Efficacy........ICU % Efficacy.......... Deaths % Efficacy
0d 1,271,952 (15.44%) > 21(0.15%) E15.3% > 12(0.99%)E14% > 319(12.3%) E3.1%
1d 0,159,422 (01.93%) > 178(1.3%) E0.6% > 20(1.6%) E1.3% > 44(1.7%) E0.2%
2d 2,419,361 (29.36%) > 2898(21.3%) E8% > 250(20.7%) E8.66% > 345(13.6%) E16.6
3d 2,692,965 (32.68%) > 5103(37.4%) E-4.7% > 495(41%) E-8.3% > 980(37.9%)E-5.2%
4d 1,696,300 (20.59%) > 5429(39.8%) E-19.2% > 429(35.6%) E-18% > 900(34.8%) E-14.2%
All Vax % .......(84.56%) > ..........(99.9%)................................(99%)..............................(87.67%)
Pop 8,240,000 (100%) > Case totals + Efficacy is rounded to nearest 0.1%

Tasmania [+] Infection Rate included as Guide > 0d [+](2.9%) > 1/2/3/4+ d[+] (97.1%)

Review...
NSW / Tas Vax progressing 10% [+] infections > From Dose 1 > more & more infectious.

Each Vax ramps the poorly orchestrated Mass Hospital / Drug Crisis
4 dose Hospitalizations now present 34.5% above non vaxed > (More 'Boosters' = More Beds = Crisis!)

4 dose increases severe ICU health issues by 32%.

Deaths are anomaly & tbb often pointed out that 2nd dose was becoming best protection...
Basically as Vax effect dies off it reduces death...that should be good news...right?
Non vaxed have long represented beneath their % in death stats & never needed saving...well durr!

Yes! The concept of 2 doses does prevent Death but requires a Massive companion Health Crisis
2 dose VIP bucket kickers need 6 mths Rollout > 10% more [Q] 7.3% more Hospital > 5.4% more ICU.
Not sure how Orchestrating a Mass Hospital Crisis + Drug Shortage saves lives?

From Above...As always...Govt pulls the pin on Self Inflicting Pain
Any crew following Weekly NSW Vax data see 4th Dose is currently ramping 60%+ Death Rate...
This week's (Forecast) highest 4th Dose Death Rate was the nail in the coffin...(Boosters = more RIP)
Again! tbb states the Data clearly shows only Boosters not Vax that is ramping Oz Health Crisis

NSW Health say whatever but 3 now 4 doses ramp everything above their orchestrated record crisis!
This ramped % rate is well above any Rollout progression or other Waning Doses...
Sure there are many who know why & go out of their way to explain in detail.
https://www.voiceforscienceandsolidarity.org/

It's important to see data draws thick lines > (Efficacy) Best 0d > Even 1/2d > Poor 3/4d
If tbb must say it...sure we clearly see Non Vaxed efficacy increasingly saving Oz health System.
Unfortunately Govt are culling them...week by week.
But oddly 1/2 dose represent as closest family to reach out & help bail out 3/4 dose Health Crisis.
Could be that No Vax + 1/2 Dose need to work together to support our senior Vax Junkies!
Sooner we reach that consensus the more lives can be saved.
Many here know that our Pollies would fight to prevent No Vax + 1/2 doses Health Crusade! So be it!

Of course it's an anomaly & we can argue forever as to why!...it is what it is!
Point is...each Vax is clearly making us much much sicker & that addiction was exposed from day one!

Right now! NSW are for the 'first time' are too ashamed to share their 'Lead' Vax Data mid Health Crisis!
Past cushioning of rebranded data is standard but NSW never stepped back from Top Gun Vax Data!
Still rocketing skyward toward the afterlife they pull the ripchord?
Salute NSW Health Gold Standard Cushion joosherz...Get well soon!

frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 3:53pm

Interesting development.

Mainstream media (Washington Post, BBC etc) being taken to court for collusion to "censor" competing media messages on covid (that were said to be false but proved to be true) using anti trust laws. In effect using their power in ways that tried to put competitors out of business by denying them info, access to platforms and monetisation opportunities for the "good of society" or maybe their own nefarious reasons:

www.zerohedge.com/medical/covid-narrative-dissenters-file-lawsuit-agains...

Massive collusion to manipulate messaging counter to emerging facts Is that a conspiracy or just a bit of jolly good fun?

The courts will hit a bit harder that a tweet or two.

Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater's picture
Jelly Flater Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 6:25pm

Nuzzing to zee here ;)

green room's picture
green room's picture
green room Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 15 Jan 2023 at 9:16pm
frog wrote:

Interesting development.

Mainstream media (Washington Post, BBC etc) being taken to court for collusion to "censor" competing media messages on covid (that were said to be false but proved to be true) using anti trust laws. In effect using their power in ways that tried to put competitors out of business by denying them info, access to platforms and monetisation opportunities for the "good of society" or maybe their own nefarious reasons:

www.zerohedge.com/medical/covid-narrative-dissenters-file-lawsuit-agains...

Massive collusion to manipulate messaging counter to emerging facts Is that a conspiracy or just a bit of jolly good fun?

The courts will hit a bit harder that a tweet or two.

and they said it couldn't be done...

'...too hard...',

'...impossible...',

'...humans...',

'...cats... ...herding...'

regardless of court outcome, clearly, it was done

when does a 'conspiracy theory' become a plain old conspiracy?

right about now!

another one...

again...