Surfers and conspiracy theories etc

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming started the topic in Wednesday, 2 May 2018 at 8:00pm

I knew surfers weren't immune to being crazy, but a group?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/Bryonbaysurfers/?hc_ref=ARRWDoQ3b7IDHBjx...

No i am not a member

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 1:32pm

A scientific miracle

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 1:51pm

The only miracle is that there's still people like you left Burls.

How lucky we were that covid wasn't as deadly as it could have been, that collective action was taken (by the 97%), and an effective vaccine was developed and widely distributed.

If any of the above things didn't happen as they did, i'd say the anti science, quasi religious nutjobs would have been somewhat demolished.

Anyway, carry on flogging the dead horse.

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 2:02pm
burleigh wrote:

A scientific miracle
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnNytvVvWQS/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

"Novak Djokovic is again set to miss Indian Wells and the Miami Open after United States travel authorities extended the requirement for non-US nationals to be vaccinated."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jan/04/djokovic-set-to-miss-india...

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 2:05pm
thermalben wrote:
burleigh wrote:

A scientific miracle
https://www.instagram.com/p/CnNytvVvWQS/?igshid=MDM4ZDc5MmU=

"Novak Djokovic is again set to miss Indian Wells and the Miami Open after United States travel authorities extended the requirement for non-US nationals to be vaccinated."

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/jan/04/djokovic-set-to-miss-india...

Ahh the science must be different over in the States.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 2:09pm
Stok wrote:

The only miracle is that there's still people like you left Burls.

How lucky we were that covid wasn't as deadly as it could have been, that collective action was taken (by the 97%), and an effective vaccine was developed and widely distributed.

If any of the above things didn't happen as they did, i'd say the anti science, quasi religious nutjobs would have been somewhat demolished.

Anyway, carry on flogging the dead horse.

Birds born in a cage think flying is an illness.

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 3:36pm

And people with bird brains think that listening to medical science is an illness.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 3:41pm
Stok wrote:

And people with bird brains think that listening to medical science is an illness.

My stance on covid has never changed. Yours changes every time you turn on the TV

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 3:47pm
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 3:57pm

Here ya go Stok. Couple of beauties from 2020 straight from ya keyboard. Its all there for anyone to see on the closed thread.

Stok
WEDNESDAY, 12 AUG 2020 at 8:50AM
Despite all the news on vaccines (which very the large part, are clickbait), we're still a long way away. Watch the date slide. Also, 12-18 months is when we may get through the trial phase - widespread manufacture, distribution and delivery of a vaccine? More like 2-5 years. Then we'll 'need to be cautious' to ensure the vaccine is working....a few more years?

Stok
WEDNESDAY, 23 SEP 2020 at 10:11AM
Yep Science on the run....except we have the media, as well as social media, incorrectly (and relentlessly) filling in the gaps with opinions on a daily basis.
The science for this will take years, but the public is being fed these opinions daily.
What could go wrong!?

Stok's picture
Stok's picture
Stok Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:14pm

Oh Burleigh, please, seek help.

Firstly - I haven't watched free to air TV in probably a good 5 years.

Secondly - those two quotes don't really prove any point. You're not making much sense. Then again, this is well within character for you - something to be expected as you frivoulously support these weird threads on Swellnet, day in day out.

To think that maintaining an opinion, on something you know essentially nothing about, over the course of two years, is a good thing......I just.....I give up.

Anyway, my second quote, as to what could go wrong, welp, we know the answer to that now.....the so called 'great awakening' of the anti everything brigade.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:25pm
Stok wrote:

Secondly - those two quotes don't really prove any point. You're not making much sense. Then again, this is well within character for you - something to be expected as you frivoulously support these weird threads on Swellnet, day in day out.

To think that maintaining an opinion, on something you know essentially nothing about, over the course of two years, is a good thing......I just.....I give up.

Anyway, my second quote, as to what could go wrong, welp, we know the answer to that now.....the so called 'great awakening' of the anti everything brigade.

bird in a cage.

The real conspiracy theorists is yourself

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:29pm

Burleigh said :
My businesses have taken huge losses since the beginning of Covid putting relentless pressure on myself and has also taken a huge toll on my mental health.

I think we all agree with you there Burleigh.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:28pm

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:29pm
udo wrote:

Burleigh said :
My businesses have taken huge losses since the beginning of Covid putting relentless pressure on myself and has also taken a huge toll on my mental health.
I think we all agree with you there Burleigh.

hahahaha still true to this day

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:54pm
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 4:54pm
Stok wrote:

"To think that maintaining an opinion, on something you know essentially nothing about, over the course of two years, is a good thing"

even a semi-intelligent person looks at all the info and changes opinion over a few years.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 6:18pm

They want to ban the guy that got everything right from entering Aus. LMAO

https://www.crikey.com.au/2023/01/09/peter-mccullough-visa-australia-vac...

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 6:20pm
old-dog wrote:

Now that about 95% of people are vaccinated and or had it, the virus has just about run out of steam just like the science predicted. Millions died from the virus you called a hoax, a lie and just a sniffle, and millions of lives were saved by the lockdowns, masks and jabs. But don't let the facts get in the way of your delusional, simplistic, self gratifying obsession. Life goes on. Cheers.

100% old dog. Most played what was in front of them and making decisions based off the prevailing medical advice. It wasn’t perfect and mistakes were made but we came out of it pretty good. Now we all just get on with life.

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 6:41pm

Already in March/April 2020 it was very obvious from the data that the estimates of Covid mortality were grossly overcooked. It took a lot longer to see that the vaccines were not quite as effective as we were told.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 7:07pm

Pre Vax days folk waited forever or a Year, even up to 600 days for Covid to claim 1,000 Aussies.

Queue of Aussie Experts : "With everyone Boosted it should be a pretty mild > less deadly 2022 Xmas!"

Vax Boosted Wave just orchestrated 1,000 Aussie deaths in last 30 days! {R.I.P}

Mass Death No longer makes the Sports Pages & they blacked out the Crossword Puzzle.

Experts now expertly wave their fairy wands at their Mass Vaxed Deadly Tsunami.
And again & again..."Anyone remember the Magic word!"

https://covidlive.com.au/report/daily-deaths/aus

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 7:22pm
burleigh wrote:

Everything right?
He’s just another bullshit artist.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 7:23pm
Roadkill wrote:
old-dog wrote:

Now that about 95% of people are vaccinated and or had it, the virus has just about run out of steam just like the science predicted. Millions died from the virus you called a hoax, a lie and just a sniffle, and millions of lives were saved by the lockdowns, masks and jabs. But don't let the facts get in the way of your delusional, simplistic, self gratifying obsession. Life goes on. Cheers.

100% old dog. Most played what was in front of them and making decisions based off the prevailing medical advice. It wasn’t perfect and mistakes were made but we came out of it pretty good. Now we all just get on with life.

If only the bed wetters would let it go.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 7:26pm
AndyM wrote:
burleigh wrote:

Everything right?
He’s just another bullshit artist.

yep, he spoke up when tens of thousands were silenced. You got a warped view of a bullshit artists.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 8:18pm

17,000 deaths as per link above. 271 in last day.

Going back to the Actuaries report I linked a little while back, I'll quote the summary:

"In summary:
Total excess mortality for the month of August is estimated at 10% (+1,700 deaths) relative to expected mortality at pre-pandemic levels. This is lower than recent months, primarily due to lower-than-expected respiratory deaths following the earlier-than-normal end to the flu season.
Total excess mortality for the first eight months of 2022 is 13% (+15,400 deaths).
Just over half of the excess mortality for the first eight months of 2022 is due to deaths from COVID-19 (+8,200 deaths), with another +2,100 due to deaths with COVID-19, and the remaining excess of +5,100 with no mention of COVID-19 on the death certificate.
While in sheer number terms the excess mortality is concentrated in older age groups (i.e. 65+ years), excess mortality is a significant percentage in all age groups in 2022.
Most states and territories have had broadly similar levels of excess mortality in 2022, but the delayed re-opening of WA’s borders is reflected in a delayed uplift in mortality.
We continue to expect that COVID-19 will be the third leading cause of death in Australia in 2022."

https://www.actuaries.digital/2022/12/07/covid-19-mortality-working-grou...

Worth a read. For me, two points really stood out. Of the excess deaths that weren't directly linked to covid, they concentrated in the eldest age groups, and they correlated well with each wave that has occurred: down to the daily death numbers.

Secondly, WA delayed reopening, and in doing so, it did not feature the excess deaths that have been noticed in all nations after opening up, during the time it stayed shut. Speculation begins: WA's the smoking gun for the viral waves being responsible for the excess mortality, not anything else. If it were wholly vaccination related, WA would have rising excess deaths before they opened up. Against this: perhaps their vaccination % lagged.

None of this takes away from individual reports of vaccine complications, these are certainly real for those going through them and we do see this on the social media. In our family I can think of two: a young adult nephew that had the heart complication with an mRNA vaccine, and my mother was hit very hard, particularly in her legs after one of the same.

I also noticed my son's Type 1 team vanished in contact after WA did let it go (they were probably overwhelmed) and this did have a bad affect on his management - all good now.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 8:56pm

{Warning!}
Japan's orchestrated set of Deadly Tsunamis keep rising higher than the Sky!
How in Heaven's name will they ever come back down to Earth!
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/japan/

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 8:56pm

Great post VJ. Sadly I am guessing it will disappear amongst the daily blatherings here. Hoping all is well with you and yours.

velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno's picture
velocityjohnno Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 9:26pm

Cheers, Blackers, trust you are going well too. Lots of travel here, family is now spread between sides of the country. I'm not quite yet back to normal, still keeping back from getting right back into things. Lots of driving, some very cool and isolated things seen, and to be honest, I kind of like not being part of the increasing madness. Things like mass consumerism and obligations I thought were necessary, I now realise aren't worth my time or attention.

I've got a further story. Relatives who are almost into their 90's, (very spirited family including mountaineers and worldwide trailblazers) - decided to travel from their home in the UK. Caught covid 3 times this year (they are still OK): coming back from Corfu, at a Wimbledon visit, and coming back from the Greek islands. He's a former MD, and he reckoned with all the infection and boosters, he is pretty confident he's got the antibodies now.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 10:14pm

News: Someone's got 90% Covid Somewhere...Think that translates to mean All / Everywhere?

23 Feb' 2022 Oz Kirby Institute begin series of Covid Serosurveillance Red Cross [+] Blood Sampling
Nucleocapsid Antibodies indicate Infection response to the Virus thus give % of Pop [+]
https://kirby.unsw.edu.au/project/serosurveillance-sars-cov-2-infection-...

Thru 2022 > 3 series of tests increased [+] Rate from under to over 50%[+]
End Aug Oz 65%[+] but the institute claimed in Nov > 15-20% under actual 80% [+] Estimate

This next Headline surprised tbb & may surprise crew..
3rd Nov 2022 ~ SMH Headline [ Up to 90% of Oz Kidz have had Covid ]
https://www.smh.com.au/national/up-to-90-per-cent-of-australian-children...

As shown in the Table > 99% 12-15yrs > 93% 5-11yrs > 92% 0-6yrs (Hard to believe!)

Now all of this sounds a little bit too much! As it doesn't even tally recent Xmas 2022 wave!
Anyhow...thought to make sense of this...but needing some real shit hot A1 comparison...
(How! Where!) To reach such ambitious targets of 90% [+] ... Exactly!
Knew any 90% reads had to be recent...but still never expected to find the Perfect Bookend so easy.

tbb always promised to Salute the sharing of decent & proper data & doing that now!
Not sure why US would share this...we shall see, all in good time!

16th Dec 2022 [ CDC estimates 90% of US kids have had Covid ] Still hard to Believe!
https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/health/2022/12/16/cdc-estimates-90-...
Same CDC article also shares an outline of State [+] Rates. (Salute!)
77.8% Lowest [+] State > All States over 80% [+] > 96.9% Highest [+] State

12th Dec 2022 ~ [ IHME ] The World @ 77% [+] Again...good work (Salute!)
https://www.healthdata.org/sites/default/files/files/1_briefing_Global_6...

China 3rd Jan 2022 ~ Shanghai 70% [+] > 10th Jan 2022 ~ Henan 89% [+]
Check that the Boys have bombarded yer Roof & Chimney with today's Good Little Citizen Leaflets.

Update :
Australia Kirby Institute are midway conducting Oz Series 4 [+] Testing during December Wave...
Past reviews show this data will present well above November's 80% & well onto 90% [+]
Noting this seems to be the new norm...(See above!)
tbb is just saying not to get too carried away with Today's { Evil Empire's infectious news }

World Drug Shortage inquisition is well underway...tbb scored some rare BP drugs today...Stoked!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Tuesday, 10 Jan 2023 at 11:04pm

Good call Blackers... thanks very much for caring to share such...
Sorry to hear of velocityjohnno's family & friends...hope all is well.
Crew are saddened to hear of Family Covid & rough Vax reactions.

One family friend, a Young Nurse did the Vax thang & for her Mum...
Then Mum copped a bad dose...she had to nurse her own mum back to health for 4 months or more.
Man she was really sad, but told tbb not to worry...sent my love & best wishes to her mum!
Kinda knocks ya...as she was the World's happiest brightest kid that just grew up too fast.
It really does shock...can feel for the crew!

It is true that in isolation one is shielded from this wild changing world...
Usually dart out & hurry back...but when tbb does hang about...it's a real wake up call.
Never thought compassion would present so openly during conversation...but it does as it must!

Not always! Had Xmas with Loving Son & Daughter!
Both Vaxed & recovering from their latest allocation of Covid.
Each comparing their designer symptoms over Lunch...Charming!
Daggy Dad was lost for words! These Kidz today! Huh!

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 10:04am
burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 11:21am

Daily good news. Pell is dead. Amen

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 11:40am

AndyM hanging around Hollywood Showgirls again

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 12:04pm

Burls if you think that I think the government cares about us then you obviously haven’t read a thing I’ve written over the last few years.
Or you’re a troll and a bullshit artist :)

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 12:10pm
AndyM wrote:

Burls if you think that I think the government cares about us then you obviously haven’t read a thing I’ve written over the last few years.
Or you’re a troll and a bullshit artist :)

Hugs and kisses x

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 12:11pm

No fingering until the third date.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 1:04pm
AndyM wrote:

No fingering until the third date.

You're the boss.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 1:10pm

Pell was vaxxed, the vaccine claims another one. Evil vax kills evil person. Yay to evil vax.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 4:51pm

Denham Hitchcock - covid vaccine victim. Now resigned from channel 7

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-11616985/Spotlights-Denham...

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 5:16pm

Victim
Crook for a few weeks...now fully recovered..

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 5:16pm
udo wrote:

Victim
Crook for a few weeks...

It was more than a few weeks. and YES, a victim, He was never in any danger from Covid.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 7:08pm

Covidiots love to play the victim. Had a small easily managed reaction and recovered. Now off on a world sailing trip with his family.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 7:14pm

Looks cool on Insta.
That's showbiz.

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 7:22pm

Heavily Edited from Original Insta Post..
And Yep Double Vaxxed and ready to Sail away..

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 8:30pm
AndyM wrote:

Looks cool on Insta.
That's showbiz.

I don't understand. You saying it's fake?

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 8:32pm
udo wrote:

Heavily Edited from Original Insta Post..
And Yep Double Vaxxed and ready to Sail away..

Wrong again. Did you have porky pies for dinner?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 9:04pm

Well there ya go eh..more than one Media Mob reported it was after his 2nd Jab..
No Porky Pies or Alphabet Soup for Dinner

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 9:11pm
udo wrote:

Well there ya go eh..more than one Media Mob reported it was after his 2nd Jab..
No Porky Pies or Alphabet Soup for Dinner

What did you have for dinner?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 9:47pm

Sept 9th 2021
Seven reporter Denham Hitchcock has heavily edited a video post on his Instagram page about adverse Covid vaccine reactions – reportedly after his employer stepped in and had a word with him…..In the post, Hitchcock initially made reference to “uncomfortable” information about vaccinations after being hospitalised with a rare condition called pericarditis following the first of his two Pfizer jabs.”

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 10:01pm
udo wrote:

Sept 9th 2021
Seven reporter Denham Hitchcock has heavily edited a video post on his Instagram page about adverse Covid vaccine reactions – reportedly after his employer stepped in and had a word with him…..In the post, Hitchcock initially made reference to “uncomfortable” information about vaccinations after being hospitalised with a rare condition called pericarditis following the first of his two Pfizer jabs.”

That's great, but what did you have for dinner?

udo's picture
udo's picture
udo Wednesday, 11 Jan 2023 at 10:11pm

Sorry i didnt name the Source :

Senator Gerard Rennick