Vaccinate or not

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak started the topic in Tuesday, 24 Nov 2020 at 6:20pm

I was a little shocked at Alan Joyce (CEO Qantas) announcement that international travelers will be required to have a covid 19 vaccination in order to travel on Qantas flights . The government wanted to have mandatory vaccination but after the bumbling of its release ( it was painful to watch the delivery of that announcement ) they withdrew the mandatory part but it seems Qantas and other business may demand a vaccination in order to use their services. I’m not anti vaccine by any means I just don’t trust this government or a vaccine that has been rushed through. A jab followed by another jab followed by yearly jabs doesn’t sit well with me as I have never had a flu shot or the flu for more than 20 years. Plus I don’t want to give this shot to my healthy 4 year old daughter. She is up to date with all her vaccinations but this covid vaccine is new and not being around for decades like the others. Tuberculosis remains the number one as far diseases go and you don’t need proof of vaccination to travel so what is going on ?

Mr Nobody's picture
Mr Nobody's picture
Mr Nobody Wednesday, 9 Jun 2021 at 11:30pm

Hi All,

I would like to preface my post by saying that I have an open mind about possible treatments such as Ivermectin and think it would be great if they are proven to be effective in tackling Covid. We all want to get back to “normal” as soon as possible.

I also want to declare that I have had my first shot of AZ as have plenty of friends and associates here and in other parts of the world. Thankfully, no one has experienced any problems. I did experience some “night chills/shivers” but was fine for work the next day.

I held off commenting on this thread for a while so that I wasn’t pushing it to the top of the reader list, but it seems to be sticky regardless, so here are my thoughts.

One of the commentators, who we see has an interesting turn of phrase, seems to be enthusiastic about discovering the “truth” about vaccines and the “powers that be” in general. He may be right, but I took the time to follow some of the links in his posts and found several instances where the “facts” he was summarizing in his post were actually not supported in the links he posted. In several instances the links actually contradicted the summary he posted suggesting that he didn’t understand the information in the links, or didn’t actually read them himself. I suspect he may have good intentions, but perhaps is confused by the volume of information he is referring/linking to.

If you read the summaries, I encourage you to read the actual articles being referenced and make up your own mind.

I have a couple of questions for the group….

There seems to be a paranoia about “Big Pharma” so do we think we would be better off without drug companies? I am not involved with these guys in any way, so a genuine question.

As a surfer do you feel there is more risk taking a vaccine than hopping in your car and travelling for a surf, or even getting on a plane (when we could) and finding yourself at a remote surf camp here or somewhere like Indo?

I have no medical background so I am not trying to come across as an expert on anything.

Peace, Mr N

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 12:00am

@tango , do you only except peer reviewed ? https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/fccc-lpr050621.php Im definitely no expert but there are a ton of doctors who are .

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 5:33am
frog's picture
frog's picture
frog Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 7:00am

Let us play "make killer viruses" just cause we can.....

Daszak calmly (and proudly?) describes "Chinese Colleagues" Developing nasty Coronaviruses openly pre covid 19. More than a little awkward.

https://www.zerohedge.com/covid-19/watch-fauci-pal-daszak-describes-chin...

‘Leaks Happen All The Time’: Former FDA Head Says

Do crazy stuff then deny, hide and misdirect - of course no-one does that.

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 7:06am

@tango thanks for pulling me up on my loose terminology.

Saying covid is a relatively contagious and deadly variant of a strain of the common cold is accurate (but of course not the most common strain). The medical consensus seems to be the following interpretation (taken from the wiki page):

"Well over 200 virus strains are implicated in causing the common cold... Mild [coronavirus] illnesses in humans include some cases of the common cold... more lethal varieties [of coronaviruses] can cause SARS, MERS, and COVID-19."

Regarding cold/virus vaccines, I should have only referred to flu (influenza) vaccines (my mistake). I'm personally very confident and comfortable that the covid vaccines have followed the correct scientific protocols, testing, trials, etc.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 7:38am

The vaccines have not completed required trials, tests or protocols. This is common knowledge and the reason they are only available under emergency authorisation. Your confidence is misplaced. All proprietorial liability has been wavered for the emergency application.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 7:58am

If you are to believe the so called experts, the common consensus is they weren't rushed through, that they were based on development and research that was already underway for things like Sars, and that they were able to happen faster due to red tape being removed and just the much larger number of people working on them and just the huge amount of funding, trials also being much larger than normal.

But hey the so called experts where also telling us there was no chance it came from a lab.

Anyway just one article of many.

"Was the Covid-19 Vaccine Rushed?

It’s a bit of a myth that the COVID 19 vaccines were developed quickly. In fact, the COVID vaccines in use now were ready to go in January 2020. This was the result of a challenge a few years ago for researchers to develop a vaccine technology that would be able to produce a vaccine within 16 weeks to a new virus. And about four or five different technologies won.

One was the University of Queensland vaccine, another was the Oxford University (now AstraZeneca) viral vector vaccine type technology, as well as the mRNA vaccines which now include Pfizer and Moderna. So they were kind of ready to go. And within a few days or weeks of the genetic structure of the coronavirus being known, the vaccine researchers and companies were designing COVID-specific vaccines, testing them, and then putting them into clinical trials.

The clinical trials did go quickly but that was because there was so much COVID around. There were so many people in the world exposed to coronavirus that the vaccine developers were able to recruit large numbers of people in an unprecedented short space of time. And because participants were exposed to the virus in such large numbers within a very short time, they knew whether the vaccines worked. That’s why they were able to do it so quickly. It’s a process that normally takes years, because it’s very slow to recruit people. In addition, there’s normally not much virus around. So, it takes a while to find out whether or not the vaccine works. In the case of COVID that happened in a very short space of time because unfortunately we’re in the middle of this vast pandemic.

So, in fact, these vaccines have been approved with roughly the same amount of data that a vaccine is normally approved of. And these rare side effects that you see now, would have normally taken two or three years to appear and may not have been noticed at all.

Dr Norman Swan, Physician and Journalist"

https://www.mydr.com.au/covid-19/was-the-covid-19-vaccine-rushed-dr-norm...

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 8:09am

@blowin you're so off the mark for Australia it's embarrassing.... From the health.gov.au website (https://www.health.gov.au/initiatives-and-programs/covid-19-vaccines/is-...):

"The Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) provisionally approved these vaccines after a complete assessment of all the available data. This is the same process as any vaccine approved in this country. The TGA will only register and approve a COVID-19 vaccine if it is safe and effective.

No part of the process has been rushed, and there was no emergency authorisation granted. The TGA does not have an "Emergency Use Authorisation" pathway for COVID-19 vaccines.

Some countries are using versions of Emergency Use Authorisations (such as the UK, US and Canada) to urgently make vaccines available. This is because of the large number of COVID-19 cases and risk in those countries."

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 8:10am

Plenty of studies showing a clear link between mental illness and a propensity to believe in conspiracy.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 8:39am

Yeah wrong there Blowin.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 9:25am

Well it's been 15hrs since I had my AZ jab , and feel great no side effects , nada!

The Drs I am currently seeing say my body must be quite confused by the cocktail of drugs , from the anti- cancer hormones , antidepressants , and all the different medicines for Diabetes's II,.......so I think my immune system could be pretty jacked up with a very clean diet of no carbs or sugars.......

I read an article yesterday in the Age where the increased level of infections in the UK, up from 2000 - 5000......there were a couple of people who had both jabs but still caught Covid , another smaller percentage who had one jab already....both groups had very mild symptons , and of course the people who hadn't been vaccinated caught Covid and were suffering.
So far my understanding is that the Vax's are not a 100% effective....so that's where you get the anomalies in the Stats!

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 10:34am

More on the AZ Vaccine....
As with crew, all are concerned with braudulio's reaction & wish for that not to happen again.
Crew are all compassionate & wish to help sort that & quick smart.

Firstly there are some links between the AZ Covid / Malaria Vaxes & follow the same timeline.
5th Dec 2020: " Az Covid Oxford Team begin Human trial on Malaria Vax. (Note their Hot Date!)
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/dec/05/team-behind-oxford-covid-j...

https://theconversation.com/new-malaria-vaccine-proves-highly-effective-...
23rd April 2021 : New R21 Malaria Vax > Covid shows how quick it can be deployed.
Quote: " For the 1st time a Vax has hit a "New high" 77% efficacy in trials...
Unsure as to what that "77%" implies...as it rubbishes "ALL" Covid Vax higher efficacy Claims!
Work on the new R21 Malaria Vax sped up the Oxford Covid Vax as well."

Wait! As there is a lot more to this... we gotta go over there & backpedal a bit to work this thru.

Design & Development was at Jenner Institute at the Oxford Uni....but...

US/Sweden Novavax provided the "adjuvant component".(Hyperlink - warranted!)
https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/malaria-vaccine-phase-2b-clinic...
23rd April - Matrix-M (Saponin -Based) - Adjuvant has demonstrated a potent and well tolerated effect by stimulating the entry of Antigen presenting cells into the the injection site and "Enhancing Antigen presentation in local Lymph Nodes" > Boosting Immune Response.

Back to AZ R21
"The method it uses for delivery, a chimpanzee adenovirus called ChAdOx1, is a tech' previously tested for use against Malaria. Having this collaboration already in place, even prior to our partnership with AZ, helped "Serum Institute of India" accelerate it's Covid-19 vax manufacturing such that today it is producing more doses than anywhere."

(Note: ChAdOx1 is the same delivery used in AZ Covid Vax)

tbb tracked this back a little further with a few more leads...
Prof Sarah Gilbert : "I came to Oxford to work on a Human Genetics Project, that highlighted a particular type of immune response in protection against Malaria and so the next best thing to move on to was to make a Vax that would work through "that type of immune response"- and that's how I got into vaccines....this led to vaxes for Flu / Mers / Zika / Ebola....
We're led to believe > Covid / Malaria Vax follow this same line as Prof Gilbert is now championing.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9448415/British-scientists-Vacc...

"Malaria & Covid 19 signs & symptoms can be similar, complicating diagnoses...
Likely that Malaria goes underreported during pandemic."
https://www.news-medical.net/news/20210217/Development-of-malaria-vaccin...

Crew may consider that Covid / vax is oddly / mostly absent from Malaria Nations & likewise.
tbb is just asking how 2 similar major diseases co exist in opposing worlds & no one highlights this!
And both unite on the Vax front, again with very little media fanfare or in braudulio's case a "Warning!"

Crew can decide if Malaria patients immune system reacts to all like AZ vaxes as if it were Malaria.
The same as when immune reacts stronger to a 2nd Vax Dose only Malaria "reaction" is more deadly.

braudulio might be wise to question or (Avoid) AZ vaxes from similar Malaria immune gene pool.

Examples...
AZ Fluenz / Tetra + FluMist / Quadrivalent (Best to check > Oz subbies "CSL / Seqirus")
https://www.tga.gov.au/alert/2021-seasonal-influenza-vaccines

Thanx for sharing braudulio, all are now the wiser ...crew wish you well & for 2nd shot...take care.

tango's picture
tango's picture
tango Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 10:32am
Supafreak wrote:

@tango , do you only except peer reviewed ? https://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2021-05/fccc-lpr050621.php Im definitely no expert but there are a ton of doctors who are .

Supafreak, no I didn't read it in the Lancet, but it would be nice to have the time to read publications like that. I actually took the time to read the material in the links others posted, and it was the misrepresentation of them that had me spitting the dummy.

Peer review is the default process for all scientific progress and all reputable journals and other scientific publications won't publish anything without peer review. Without such a process, any muppet with half an idea could put their theories into print and pass them off as truth.

So as a result of that, and having been through the peer review process from both angles as author and reviewer, yes - I only accept peer reviewed research as having been through the proper process. Other info, such as pre-prints, certainly has potential but can't be taken seriously until contemporaries scrutinise it and make sure it's not bullshit or drawing too long a bow.

Re the "ton who are" experts, I think you'd find that there are a ton of medical people out there but only a small proportion of them in this debate actually have the relevant qualifications in virology, pharmacology, etc. Not to say their views are irrelevant, but they have far, far less weight that the actual experts. A GP/MD can still have a lot to offer, but doesn't have the same detailed understanding that the experts have.

FWIW, I had the AZ jab the other day and it knocked the crap out of me for a few days.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 2:47pm

@tango , not sure if you ever read this article , but along with trump promoting HCQ and then Craig Kelly people got a distorted reality and this goes on to this day . The media was more interested in going after poliicians than the truth . The peer review process has always been what swayed people and so this fake review published and later retracted did alot of damage not just to HCQ but to trust in science. Then this same journal had people convinced that the virus definitely came about naturally and anyone saying different was labeled a conspiracy theorist. Again trust in science and who and what to believe changed . I don’t think we are on the same page when talking about experts , the experts I’m referring to are the frontline icu doctors that have saved thousands of lives with their treatment and protocols which many other doctors and hospitals are afraid of using for fear of repercussions. Whatever you choose to believe is your business, I’m not out to convince you of anything. https://amp.abc.net.au/article/12324118. https://hcqmeta.com/. https://ivmmeta.com/

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Thursday, 10 Jun 2021 at 6:12pm

US Vax Rollout Timeline

31st Jan PHE
21st April PHE
21st May US signs AZ $1.55b (aud) / 300m doses
23rd July PHE
2nd Oct PHE

11th Dec Pfizer (EUA) Emergency Use Authorization
18th Dec Moderna (EUA)
18th Dec 253,258 Cases/day ( US Covid highest peak was now falling)
21st Dec Rollout Starts sluggish...as daily cases bottom out...
25-27th Dec - Xmas (153,032 > 152,358 cases/day)

29th Dec > NYE > Vax Rollout Ramps & Cases skyrocket...to highest on Record US peak/cases day
7th Jan Public Health Emergency is extended (No President)
8th Jan (305,102 cases/day) Indoor Xmas Crowds seasoned with 2/3x infectious 1st dose vaxerz .
Same as UK / Israel...2/3x infectious least immune incubators gift wrapped for extended families...
(Cases settle as crowds / families separate to return Home > Rollout continues without added fuel.
Consider US is large ...once Holidays end it breaks up the gatherings.

27th Feb J&J (EUA) > 13th April (Pause) >23rd April.

23rd March AZ cheat on US entrance exams...Go back to Start.
25th March Pfizer Kidz Blind Trials (Industry code for 100's of experimental Adult drug tests on Kidz)
31st March J&J mix-up contamination dumps 15m doses.(re: 20th May)

13-16th April US vax rollout peaks at 1/100/day (81,911 cases/day)
21st April US Public Health Emergency extended
27th April US to give away 60m/300m AZ doses to Mexico / Canada

7th May Pfizer apply for Full Covid Vax Approval for 16 & over (Several Months- reportedly)
10th May FDA (EUA)"Expanded" for 12-15y/o (Kids were 2% > post Rollout > Kidz 24% of US Covid)
20th May J&J 100m Doses Contaminated (re: 31st March)
28th May CDC: End Testing/Recording of breakthrus! Mandatory increased Testing on unvaxed only.
28th May Study - 20% say No Vax / Of extra 12% unvaxed 32% will commit to a Full Approval Vax
https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/poll-finding/kff-covid-19-vacci...

June Moderna apply for Full Covid Vax approval for 18 & over
https://abcnews.go.com/Health/full-fda-approval-drive-covid-19-vaccinati...
Full Approval comes with more Mandating / Pricing / Ads
1st June Govt legalizes Employer Vax Mandates - re: Disability Exempt but can be denied Entry!
5th June Vax Rollout drops to low point of .3/100 /day > lowest vax = Lowest cases at 8,855/day
9th June Vax Rollout kicks > .32/100/day > cases rise 9th June to 14,201/ day (Repeat etc...)
10th June US to distribute 500m Pfizer doses to 100 Countries
June - AZ to Bypass Emergency Approval to seek Full Approval (2 phases still apply)
June - Moderna go after the Blind Jab Lucky Dip Kidz with 100's of experimental Adult Drugs.

20th July US PHE ends > likely to be extended until Vax is fully approved.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 9:59am

I'm glad I've got the first AZ jab under my belt but I would never tell anyone else to get it as we all have the right to be delusional pathetic selfish cowards if we so wish. All I have done is tip off my immune system so when I inevitably get the virus I will fight it off before it has a chance to get serious. Cheers.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 10:44am

Was like Armageddon in Victoria this week lockdowns and blackouts just got the electricity back on after being off for 24hrs and was off quite a bit the few days before that, thanks god we still have gas, was a winter BBQ last night.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 11:29am

DFC2-B61-F-372-E-472-A-9-ADE-C2-A1-BC19-CA8-E

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 11:44am

Jebus you such a freaking whinger info .... “armageddon” bahahaha

batfink's picture
batfink's picture
batfink Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 12:16pm

Supafreak, I thought Lisa’s last line was going to be “and some of you are scared of getting a jab”.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 12:20pm

"to be delusional pathetic selfish cowards if we so wish" ?? Old-dog, I'm sympathetic to your situation. You've been coerced and programmed for 14 months to think that by getting the jab you are the 'good guy'. When in reality, you've been played to make up a stat for Scomo and his masters.

"To 6 June 2021, the TGA has received 272 reports of death following vaccination for COVID-19 vaccines"

From the horses mouth: https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-10...

This number is climbing. The big question will it overtake COVID deaths? The bigger question is has it already? Remember COVID deaths were reported in any event where the deceased had covid, but COVID wasn't necessarily the cause. I.e. You could have had a heart attack and died from that but because you had covid you were listed as a covid stat.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 12:32pm

@ batfink , yeah , it’s not really an appropriate thing but the latest Victoria restrictions with compulsory masks outdoors to me is over the top , indoors yes outdoors why ?

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 1:13pm

Shortenism are you sure that wasn't from the horses arse. If you flipped your tin hat around so the visor wasn't obscuring your view you would have read:
"For reports of death other than TTS, our review of cases and analysis of reporting patterns does not suggest that the vaccine caused these deaths"
Now I know the TGA is part of Scomo & His Masters inner circle, but if they were fudging facts like this then surely you would think there would be a few unprogrammed humanoids within the TGA that would be advising the media otherwise.

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 1:34pm

Yes garyg but that's the point right there. They mention 272 ppl dying within a short period of the vaccine... It gets a mention right. How many punters on here even are saying they got really knocked around after having the jab? Now think about vulnerable Australians having the same 'knocked around' for a few days... Yep it killed them alright. They could have continued on in life and maybe COVID would have got them, maybe not. Which way you gonna hedge your bets. Look at the stats. Single digit cases.

But no, muppets like old dog and yourself parading around encouraging like some kind of hero's because you've had the jab. You're just drug peddlers really. Shame on you. No tin foil hat with reflectors required to come to this conclusion.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 1:58pm

Just a bit curious also that when the TGA suggested only Az for 50 and over how they came to this age as other countries were 60 and over and some 65 and over , with 2 deaths now attributed to AZ have they got the age thing right ? , the other thing is how they assessed the vaccines and gave approval when US and UK were EUA , not saying they weren’t assessed properly, its just that US is still yet to formally approve and it’s supposed to be soon and not sure what the holdup has been . Anyone got any ideas ?

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 5:30pm

All I know is the overall general consensus from the medical and scientific community is that the vaccines are the only tool we have to get life back to normal without millions more deaths, good enough for this muppet, and it sure would be nice in Bali right about now.

lucky-al's picture
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 5:51pm
Supafreak wrote:

Just a bit curious also that when the TGA suggested only Az for 50 and over how they came to this age as other countries were 60 and over and some 65 and over , with 2 deaths now attributed to AZ have they got the age thing right ? , the other thing is how they assessed the vaccines and gave approval when US and UK were EUA , not saying they weren’t assessed properly, its just that US is still yet to formally approve and it’s supposed to be soon and not sure what the holdup has been . Anyone got any ideas ?

The TGA gives information about its assessment and approval processes on its website. Here are a few Covid-19 related links:

https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vaccine-approval-process

COVID-19 vaccine: Provisional registrations, 8 June 2021: https://www.tga.gov.au/covid-19-vaccine-provisional-registrations

https://www.tga.gov.au/apm-summary/covid-19-vaccine-astrazeneca

https://www.tga.gov.au/sites/default/files/auspar-chadox1-s-covid-19-vac...

https://www.tga.gov.au/apm-summary/comirnaty

https://www.tga.gov.au/sites/default/files/auspar-bnt162b2-mrna-210125.pdf

lucky-al's picture
lucky-al's picture
lucky-al Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 5:55pm

The weekly safety reports can be interesting reading: https://www.tga.gov.au/periodic/covid-19-vaccine-weekly-safety-report-10...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 6:59pm

@ lucky al , thanks for that , I had seen a couple of those before ,I was trying to search for how they came to the 50 + age bracket for AZ when other countries had 60 or 65 , when I looked at the EUA in the US it seems it’s allowed after 2 months of data and then a license can be applied for after 6 months of data which would be about now . And yeah the weekly safety report is worth a look , the reports of shingles was interesting as usually when people’s immune system is a bit run down they have a outbreak and a few posts back we were discussing people having malaria relapses after AZ jab .

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 8:49pm

There is no way im having AZ the number of people I know that have had
serious illness from it has totally put it out of the question for me. If I need
the jab to go overseas which no question you will I will pay for the PH one
myself. To top it off my mother inlaw just got release from hospital after 6 days
being so sick from AZ.

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Friday, 11 Jun 2021 at 9:55pm

Drug peddlers heh heh I got a laugh outta that.
Happy to report no significant side effects from AZ fortnight post jab.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 1:08am

Anyone believing that pig pharma aren’t chasing big profits in this pandemic may want to read this article. https://trialsitenews.com/after-356m-in-federal-funds-in-dec-merck-secur...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 7:28am

Crazy world

Okay i fact checked the brothel aspect, not really true they are closed in city areas, but not in regional areas but neither are gyms in regional areas...but still a lot of it remains true.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 9:17am

@indo , just wondering if masks are mandatory then how does the hooker do her job properly ? Or does the government just give her a compensation payment ?

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 9:22am

Out in the water the other day having a chin wag with another bloke from out of the area, I asked if he had the AZ jab yet.

He said yes it seemed the sensible thing to do.

Completely caught me off guard I mean who the fu(k still thinks like that these days.

I have had the AZ along with my whole street.

Evosurfer anecdotally if you take Panadol before and after no side effects, I did and I got no side effects same for everyone I know.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 10:10am

My two sisters and 90 year old mother have had the AZ jab with zero side effects, my wife's brother said he felt a bit tired for a day or two, I went for a surf the day after the jab and pulled the best roundhouse for years. My wife who normally gets a cold and sore arm post flu jabs had nothing. I know a few people who felt a tad feverish for a day or two but then I also know quite a few people who have come down with the usual winter flu symptoms who haven't had the jab. People get sick every day and if you have recently had the shot then obviously you blame the vaccine. Its a decision you have to make for yourself but any delusional muppet who peddles misinformation and twists stats to suit their own narrative to sway people against getting it could be culpable of murder if someone dies from the virus unnecessarily. Australia can't stay closed forever and sometimes you have to take a risk for the team. The jab might not be the silver bullet but at this stage their aint no plan B. Cheers.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 2:58pm

Even more armageddon info??

Bahahahaha

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 3:16pm
GuySmiley wrote:

Even more armageddon info??

Bahahahaha

Had that vibe down my way the last few days in lockdown with just under 24hrs with no electricity, some areas of the island well over 24hrs.

BTW. saw this during the week, so expect a few figures up a tad now, but what really stood out to me was the return travellers figures, as obviously more return travellers equals higher risk of quarantine leaks.

Just goes to show how bad Victoria has managed things.

Sprout's picture
Sprout's picture
Sprout Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 3:33pm

Got the jab today, huge turnout, great to see!

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 7:29pm

Anyone aged 16 and above can now get vaccinated on the Sunshine Coast, even without an appointment:

"Queensland Health has opened a new pop-up vaccination hub in Caloundra in the wake of the scare.

People aged 16-49 can get vaccinated against coronavirus at the Caloundra Indoor Sporting Stadium, without an appointment, until June 23.

Ms D'Ath said people aged 50-plus should still get their vaccine from their GP or a Commonwealth vaccination centre, unless they were in priority vaccination groups 1a or 1b.

Dr Short said vaccination was "really going to be our way out of the pandemic"."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-06-12/queensland-coronavirus-can-state-...

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 8:21pm

2021 Oz Brewery Tour
2020 Oz Brewery Tour (Ok to blend that in...to bring that back up!)
https://www.swellnet.com/comment/707473

23 June-17 Aug 2020 - $20m V451 > 314 Aussie vaxerz had No FX & a promising safety profile.
67/68 of (4 week) 2 dose Trialists produced a *Robust neutralizing immune response to Virus*
https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00200-0/fulltext
8th Nov-CSL brewed 8,000 doses of HIV 451 Bitter Ale to complete Qldurr'z Trials...but!
PM: "HIV you say! Still tastes better than XXXX but I think we'll brew that boutique Pommie Stout!"
Review...
* Do these 68 > Double Covid Vaxed more than compliant Aussies need a Covid Vax?
* Should V451 Aussies risk a 2nd foreign Hot Shot mix?
* When is it safe for their Booster Shot?
* Are V451 Aussies considered Vaxed enough for the 1 dose Frontline mandate or a Vax Pass?
* Will WHO accept CEPI approved V451 Trialists under World Vax (Travel compliance).
* In other words do V451 Aussies need WHO's permission to be locked up!

V451 Brew regurgitated....
26th April Qld Uni (Re-engineered 2 other proteins for Molecular Clamp Vax) Still some time away...
https://www.abc.net.au/news/health/2021-04-26/university-queensland-covi...

29th April Qld Uni funding $2.2m for mRNA Base Facility for Covid/Cancer.
https://stories.uq.edu.au/news/2021/australia-first-facility-to-produce-...
3rd June Qld Uni - Needle Free Self Administered Covid Vax that fights off VOCs...(Something like that!)
(See WA brew in the roadies...below)
https://stories.uq.edu.au/news/2021/needle-free-covid-19-vaccine-shows-p...

End July
Aug > 20 weeks CSL Flush out AZ pleading with Singapore for Fill'n'Finish for Oz Covax $20m Booty.
Dec 2021 - CSL turns off the AstraZeneca taps...
PM: " No more of that sickly Pommie Brew hangover for Xmas..."
Jan 2022 - (Not Said) But CSL will brew Doggie Flu Vax (2 months into in New Year) ...
March- Covid Booster Brew (Candidates) French - Valneva > Novavax > Pfizer > AZ as last option.
https://www.smh.com.au/business/companies/government-in-talks-with-franc...

Loser Quadz brew AZ & now flood Covax with AZ Brews...just take our shitty brew or will fuckin' kill you!
Mostly the contributions are near use by date or contaminated & are destroyed before being used.
Japan & US have never even sampled their AZ brew nor ever wish to...US brew it but never approved it !

OZ Govt Future Fund Pfizer shares 2020- $265m (Now x2 > $530m in 1 year)
Oz profits from Pfizer / Biontech / Chinese Vax Labs" + Pfizer owns Lab's Needles-Vials-Distribution.

Ok! tbb this Oz brewery tour is leading to nowhere fast...gonna need a big brew to finish on...
And yer running outta Oz brew even faster...yeah! Ok steady on...it's still good! (Cough!)

Crew are clever to notice that rebel Aussie Punk Professor's brew is missing from CSL Taste Testing...
tbb was just muckraking & saving the most heady brew for last...OMG does this Brew do yer head in.

3rd April Crew recall PM pushes sloppy Wet Market origin & ropes in a posse to clip Chinese Bats.
17th April - Just then it was that Punk Professor Nick says Covid was engineered in the Lab. (Like Wot! )
June - Nick's (Vaxine) partners Flinder's Uni collaborate with Irish/ US/ Russia/ Victoria/ India/ Pakistan
1st Trial contains 30 / 2 Vax doses 3 weeks apart with all inducing cellular immune responses.
https://vaxine.net/early-promising-data-from-the-phase-1-clinical-trial-...
Since July we again see another 30 fully vaxed Aussies with no efficacy trials or compliance?
tbb thinks it's important to point out 2 Aussie made vaxes have been administered in full over 2/3 states.
Find it pathetic that Media ignores these Oz Vaxed locals & current Oz vax trials...

3rd Sept -Feds kick in $1m (Comments on miserable funding) Others were getting 5/10/20x more.
https://vaxine.net/australian-government-funds-1m-for-development-of-cov...

5th March -Punk Lab Rat Nick signs the "THE LETTER OF LAB ORIGIN" ( Full on Vax Science Outcast.)
No way was Nick every seeing another penny for his Vaxine...a real shame as Nick seemed most keen.
https://vaxine.net/

Well it looked that way! Crew can read that if Nick was gonna get a leg up, it won't be from main players.
Enter Axis of Evil...Wot! Soundz a bit Drastic tbb...Yeah! You'd think so, but that's just the start of it.

Punk Nick needs a Punk name for his Axis of Evil vax..."SPIKOGEN" Now that sounds perfectly Punk Evil.
Nick signs with CinnaGen Company...pulling backing from EU GMP.
tbb thinks it's best if the crew sees for themselves, exactly which Axis of Evil where talking about...
Dutto will flip when he sees Oz Flag being soiled...OMG!
https://spikogen.com/
CinnaGen Co. stand ready to produce nearly 4m Oz made Spikogen Jabz/month backed by EU.
https://financialtribune.com/articles/national/108759/call-for-sea-borde...
YouTube can muck it up a bit more than tbb ever could, as it shows smug Aussie Nick's Punk attitude!
Far out does this Punk have swagger! tbb has long been a fan...how long can Nick surf rings around us!

Evil Empire Oz Punk Professor Strikes Back...can crew think of a more wild ending for Oz Brewery Tour.
Scomo will order some Aussie made Punk Vax from the Axis of Evil Lab...of course ya get Bats with that!

Wot! Bloody Hell! Tough crew want some roadies...tbb can do that...just a couple!

14th May 2021- $1.5m for NSW - Low cost 1 dose Covid Vaccine > to tackle VOC's
3rd July 2020 - NSW started on this Vax a while back & it's still kickin' on!
https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2020/07/03/sydney-researcher...
18 May 2021 - Same NSW Vax update.
https://www.sydney.edu.au/news-opinion/news/2021/05/18/scientists-find-n...

24th Jan 2021 Vic Vax starts here..(Includes Nick!)
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-01-24/covid19-the-other-vaccines-in-dev...
21st April - Vic $50m funding for mRNA covid Vax
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04-21/victoria-to-develop-mrna-covid19-...

21st Sept -WA Covigen is also a needle free Vax (re above : Recent Qld Uni)
https://www.uwa.edu.au/news/article/2020/september/australias-first-dna-...
22nd March - Covigen seems to branch out Ozwide...notably NSW
https://bionet-asia.com/covigen-a-new-covid-19-vaccine-candidate-in-aust...
June 2021 Covigen / Covalia Phase 1 Trial to begin with needle free Covid Vax.
https://bionet-asia.com/boarding-direct-flight-to-australia-from-bangkok/

That concludes Aussie vaccinate or not Brewery Tour...plenty more boutique Oz brews on the way!
Just saying...never saw any Oz Media on our Brewery Tour...shh! don't wake 'em!

Rider...
Backpackers who mix Vaxes...Canada / Spain / France / Germany / Sweden / Denmark / Finland / Norway

shortenism's picture
shortenism's picture
shortenism Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 8:41pm

Old dog, there’s no stat twisting. It’s all there for all to see. Just start looking. The only thing that is twisted in this country is grown men who have developed a paranoid fear from watching too much Tv. So scared in fact they are lining up to get given an injection of something they and their GP have no fkn idea what it really is, waiving any recourse of liability on the manufacturer to protect themselves and their family from a ‘pandemic’ with case numbers in the what..? Now call me whatever but man that just doesn’t add up.

You’re all hoping for plane tickets I get it but at least put ya self on the negotiating table. Mann.. Play a bit harder to get like ‘if I’m gonna have this experimental crap you ARE going to give me a plane ticket.. Where are the plane tickets BTW? No QR needed? No mask?

Governments fk up all the time. Just look at the Robo debt debacle. What’s that cost tax payers in the clean up and class action. More importantly how many crew smoked themselves through that.. now that’s a stat worth digging up..

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Saturday, 12 Jun 2021 at 8:53pm

Jeez tbb so much effort goes into about every post you have made..good stuff

gsco's picture
gsco's picture
gsco Sunday, 13 Jun 2021 at 6:36am

@shortenism I agree with many of your sentiments.

But I don't necessarily think it's a situation of being mindlessly tricked into taking a vaccine out of fear.

Rather, in Australia we haven't been given a choice than full vaccination for getting out of our current jail sentence of being shut off from the world and living under the constant spectre and reality of lockdowns.

We're currently the hermit kingdom of the world being being ruled by govts exercising more central power and oppression on its people than the how CCP used to rule China.

In hindsight it will become clear whether covid really was that bad to justify what has happened in the world over the past 18 months, and which approach to covid was the most effective to take - ours/NZL's, Sweden's, the USA's and UK's, etc.

But the reality we face in Australia is we seem to have to keep living like we are until the population is fully vaccinated.

If things don't change once we achieve full vaccination - if life doesn't go back to normal with Australia opening back up to the world and the govt no longer forcing lockdowns at will on the population - then I personally will seek to lead a military uprising, revolution and coup!

freeride76's picture
freeride76's picture
freeride76 Sunday, 13 Jun 2021 at 7:24am

"We're currently the hermit kingdom of the world being being ruled by govts exercising more central power and oppression on its people than the how CCP used to rule China."

god, put your pearls down sweetie.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 13 Jun 2021 at 8:31am

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 13 Jun 2021 at 12:06pm
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Sunday, 13 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm

"More importantly how many crew smoked themselves through that.."
Shortenism trivial language on an issue like this shows you're obviously not in the grown men category just yet.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Monday, 14 Jun 2021 at 12:37am

Our World in Data is run by Oxford / AZ & bankrolled by Gates....WorldOmeter has no connection.
https://ourworldindata.org/covid-vaccinations?country=~GBR
https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/uk/

tbb has been asked occasionally to exhibit "Direct Vax > Cases"...again as if by magic...too easy!
Not sure how many nations put out 100% as here but can say most do...at least during Peak Covid!
tbb has covered UK often enough but recent Delta variant & Case rises warrant further attention.
tbb won't hold back...in fact...gonna go next level on this one! (Everything will be put on the table!)

UK Rollout - Low > High Vax (vs) Low > High cases (Note: UK Health 2/3x - 8 day Vax infection)
[key] Date > +/- Vax /100 > Date Covid +/- cases/day (re: Vax > infection >[+]Tests-1-8 days) + Delta %

UK Rollout start is censored..we pick up from last low point to include full Alpha > Delta change over.
12 March - Near low Vax at 0.49 > 14 March - Low-Avg Covid at 4,532/day
21 March - Vax Ramp to 0.89 > 25 March > Covid ramps to 6,105/day
8 April - Drop in Vax to 0.46 > 11th April > Covid drops to 1,702/day (Alpha 99%)
14 April ......(From this point to end of Rollout > Delta finishes 42,323 / 187,021 total cases)
29th April - Rise in Vax to 0.79 > 30th April > Covid rises to 2,317/day (Delta 3%)
6th May - Drop in Vax to 0.65 > 9th May > Covid drops to 1,724/day (Delta 8.8%)
19th May - Rise in Vax to 0.78 > 23rd May > Covid rises to 2,235/day (Delta 23%)
28th May - Boost Vax to 0.88 > 4th June > Covid ramps to 6,238/day (Delta 38%)
4th June - Drop in Vax to 0.70 > 6th June > Covid drops to 5,341/day (Delta 59%)
7th June - Rise in Vax to 0.76 > 11th June > Prolonged High Covid peaks at 8,125/day (Delta 76%)
10th June - Small Drop in Vax 0.74 > 12th June > Small drop in Covid to 7,738.(Delta 91%)

Notes: UK claim 29,892 Delta Cases (Last week) or 4270/day (76- 91%) of cases... (That checks out!)

Can safely say that UK Chart is as sound as it can be with the Delta weekly check from Vax Minister.
tbb credits Govt Ministers that share with crew to examine data in proper fashion. Salute!

Rollout Less Vax for Less Covid cases + Ramps More Vax for More Covid cases. (Every time & place!)
Rollout rids or spreads more Covid than Delta...(Delta is clearly getting a free ride off Rollout ramps!)
Delta Strain may present as dominant % of infection but runs a distant 2nd to Vax ruling case numbers.
Not saying it will stay that way...as Vax demographic is dwindling whilst Delta is rising.
Be a bit of a flake to convince gullible public that Delta is stealing the Covid Crown from the Vax Rollout.

Pause! Please don't take tbb's word on it...Happy to be proven wrong...as we can only learn more...
The chart can read anyway yer want...crew can see that tbb adds more to prove himself wrong!

Breakdown of UK Delta > 11th June - England 39,601 / Scotland 3,035 / Wales 184 / N Ireland 83
10,580 or 25% (2 month) Delta Breakthrus should scare them enough to buy the Booster Shot.
Should UK hit 90% Vax then Breakthrus will likely reinfect around 50,000 / month within own Nation.
If crew doubt that....Breakthrus have presented 200% [+] (vs) non vaxed in several Frontline Clusters.
Now consider Delta is striking down 25% 'related' Breakthrus in the Prime of their efficacy...
Note tbb had to flip the Vax Ministers 75% unvaxed Mantra to reveal that slip of a 25% Vax underbelly.
https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/30-000-new-cases-of-more-transmissible-delta-...
Study reveals a need to vax but equally exposes the weak links of several infectious stages of Vax.
We now know 1st dose 2/3 infectious > 2nd Dose 8x infectious > Breakthrus 25% infectious...
If only Govt's can tally these breakthru cases instead of burying them...we might rid Covid 10x faster.
Somehow tbb thinks, that's the very reason they keep these details buried outta sight & censor data.
Not this time...Not Today as it seems we got in early enough & got a lucky biscuit...just this once!