2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 2 Oct 2022 at 10:55pm

Just bring on ICAC!!!
Morrison, Dutton, Taylor and quite a few more will be busy.....

CPAC, was there ever a bigger bunch of kooks in one spot ever???
Anyway, they are pissing in the wind, no one except their moronic supporters listen and thankfully they are now a minority of the electorate and the way the carry on will continue to be...
Echo chamber wank fest. Why does media even give it any coverage????

Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams's picture
Robwilliams Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 12:22am

Because it contained prominent heads of Australian government and views that have been at the forefront of Australian politricks in past deviseive elements

I don't have full faith in the icac bringing past mistimenours to justice but I will wait and see how it plays out it's a start and hopefully can lead to restoring some faith towards Australia's current political situations

In some ways the damage done is irreversible and could be swept away in light of more current issues as we do often see played out politically

people are trying to change things but we have seen the resistance and unaccountability time after time I guess we will see but it has changed the political landscape somewhat people have lost faith due to loosing trust in what they where sometimes lead to believe

very hard to restore trust once it is lost it's a powerful thing and people don't like being lied too manipulated or taken for a ride
People are expressing concern that the politically representatives hold them selves better in regards to issues and values they want delivered with out the bullshit deception and social division the past actions have resulted in people became tired of the nonsense and took action with their vote

keep voting with your voices and feet

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 8:24am
AndyM wrote:

Sounds like a barrel of laughs.

Is that the same Jacinta Price who was accused by Indigenous community groups of "spreading racist vitriol"?
The same Jacinta Price whom Marcia Langton said "legitimises racist views by speaking them against her own people"?

Quality.

Jacinta can hang out and eat an onion with Tony Abbott and then have a crack at trans people with ex-Liberal candidate Katherine Deves.

Fuggin bewdy.

The same Jacinta Price who recently spoke at an IPA conference singing the praises of Murdoch media.

No stone left unturned …..

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 8:34am
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

I see @info’s favs Jacinta Price, Warren Mundine and Anthony Dillon are all speaking at the CPAC conference along with a collection of total ratbags. Talking about selling out, I guess the appearance money must be good.

Um can you please explain how conservatives appearing at a conservative function is selling out????

Makes no sense at all, if they get paid great that's their job, i mean please they are conservatives we believe in free markets and right to earn money for services provided, its not like they are marxist and capitalist and against the whole system, but still happy to be paid.

Because @info your favourite conservative stooges, as you well know, represent no one. No community support or backing.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 3:30pm
andy-mac wrote:

Just bring on ICAC!!!
Morrison, Dutton, Taylor and quite a few more will be busy.....

CPAC, was there ever a bigger bunch of kooks in one spot ever???
Anyway, they are pissing in the wind, no one except their moronic supporters listen and thankfully they are now a minority of the electorate and the way the carry on will continue to be...
Echo chamber wank fest. Why does media even give it any coverage????

A bit of reality check might be needed. The most conservative, and arguably, the most corrupt of the bunch were all re-elected and still have a groundswell of support. As for ICAC putting anyone in jail, well that is wishful thinking. Maybe Taylor has a case to answer regarding the water buybacks but I reckon he'll get away with it, every thing else will be argued away by high priced barristers

As for no-one listening to the right wingers, well how about the RBA giving financial support to one of their think tanks? Would that suggest some-one who has a direct influence on Australians lives is listening?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-02/sally-mcmanus-actu-thirty-year-wa...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 5:07pm
Fliplid wrote:
andy-mac wrote:

Just bring on ICAC!!!
Morrison, Dutton, Taylor and quite a few more will be busy.....

CPAC, was there ever a bigger bunch of kooks in one spot ever???
Anyway, they are pissing in the wind, no one except their moronic supporters listen and thankfully they are now a minority of the electorate and the way the carry on will continue to be...
Echo chamber wank fest. Why does media even give it any coverage????

A bit of reality check might be needed. The most conservative, and arguably, the most corrupt of the bunch were all re-elected and still have a groundswell of support. As for ICAC putting anyone in jail, well that is wishful thinking. Maybe Taylor has a case to answer regarding the water buybacks but I reckon he'll get away with it, every thing else will be argued away by high priced barristers

As for no-one listening to the right wingers, well how about the RBA giving financial support to one of their think tanks? Would that suggest some-one who has a direct influence on Australians lives is listening?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-02/sally-mcmanus-actu-thirty-year-wa...

That is true re hard core being reelected, however now they are only preaching/ appealing to their hard core supporters. The traditional blue ribbon seats such Wentworth traditional liberal safe seats were lost to Teals. What was it 5 seats? These are the seats that need to be won back by LNP, and with the talk coming out of the speakers at CPAC, they won't be getting them back anytime soon. Without these seats they will be in opposition for a long time unless Labor really screw up. Unlike USA we have compulsory voting so getting a minority of hard core rwnj's fired up fortunately does not have same impact.
Re ICAC, ok maybe wishful thinking having them going to jail, however some will have their political careers gone, and the LNP will have more of a stench about it than it does now. Still you never know what mat happen, think there are at least a handful of LNP pollies not have great sleeps at the moment with ICAC and Royal Commission into Robodebt coming up. What can of worms gets opened up here if suicide is shown to have occurred due to a wrongful debt notice , is there civil cases against the culprits that knowingly enforced what they need to be unlawful?
Labor are playing pretty straight bat at the moment, but reckon they remember pretty clearly how Abbott tried to smear them all with Union Royal Commission headed by his mate Dyson Heydon (disgraced). Geez they tried to nail Gillard over a home renovation 20 years prior. Labor say it won't be about revenge, but let's wait and see how it plays out. I'd be surprised if a crime isn't exposed re water and Cayman Islands with 2 very high profile LNP politicians....
Anyway time will tell.....

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 5:18pm

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-02/sally-mcmanus-actu-thirty-year-wa...

Institute of Public Affairs have had major influence in Australian politics...
Check list to see what was LNP policy for last 10 years...
https://ipa.org.au/ipa-review-articles/be-like-gough-75-radical-ideas-to...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 5:45pm
GuySmiley wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

I see @info’s favs Jacinta Price, Warren Mundine and Anthony Dillon are all speaking at the CPAC conference along with a collection of total ratbags. Talking about selling out, I guess the appearance money must be good.

Um can you please explain how conservatives appearing at a conservative function is selling out????

Makes no sense at all, if they get paid great that's their job, i mean please they are conservatives we believe in free markets and right to earn money for services provided, its not like they are marxist and anti capitalist and against the whole system, but still happy to be paid.

Because @info your favourite conservative stooges, as you well know, represent no one. No community support or backing.

Okay so first you claim these conservatives are sell outs for speaking at a conservative conference sharing conservative ideals, which makes no sense at all as selling out means you change or go against your views/ideals/principles in exchange for money or fame etc (none have done this)

The closest would be Warren who was heavily involved with Labor before becoming a conservative but did he do it for money or fame?

Unlikely he still seems to be very vocal about conservative ideals and not a closet Labor supporter, he says the swap was because Labor changed and didn't align with his beliefs, but I'm sure he also matured and changed his views to some extent too.

And now you are claiming elected leaders voted in by the public represent no one????

Look dude when people get voted into positions by the public they are representatives for at least the people that voted for them be it at a local levels or state or national level, they only get voted in if they have majority support so like it or not they are representatives for a lot of people.

Both Jacinta & Warren have also served as councillors at local levels and been elected into political positions at higher levels Jacinta currently in the senate.

Obviously her voice or thoughts dont represent everyone in her electorate or every indigenous person in her community where she comes from, just the same as airbus Albo doesn't represent everyone in his electorate or community and if you want to base this on race as it seems you are implying just cause me and Albo share being white doesnt mean he represents me thats for sure and someone like Lidia Thorpe or Jaquie lambie also dont represent everyone in their community or even all Indigenous people, i dont expect any of them claim too either.

I know it might comes as news to you but Indigenous people are just like you and me they dont all have one collective view (even if they want to try to create one with a voice)

Actually i think much of the importance of people like Jacinta, Warren, or Dillion is to to break down the stereotype of all indigenous people having some collective view and show the wider Australian community that just like any ethnic group they have very diverse views on all things and especially that all indigenous people dont see themselves as hard done by victims and are positive successful go getters and not just men, indigenous women too like Jacinta

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 6:04pm

andy-mac if that IPA list was fully implemented we'd be the 51st of the US

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 6:14pm
Fliplid wrote:

andy-mac if that IPA list was fully implemented we'd be the 51st of the US

@Fliplid: They got through quite a few!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 3 Oct 2022 at 9:03pm

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 8:25am

It's funny and weird how leftist are so obsessed with conservatives and what conservatives are doing..

I honestly have no idea or care less if there was some leftist conference on (or even conservative ones at that) and i can't recall conservatives getting out and protesting about some leftist conference if they did, the only reason i know of losers like Jordie's is because of exposure here otherwise i wouldn't know or care who they are, and now you cant down vote YouTube videos they aren't even worth clicking on.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 8:32am

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 8:34am
indo-dreaming wrote:

It's funny and weird how leftist are so obsessed with conservatives and what conservatives are doing..

I honestly have no idea or care less if there was some leftist conference on (or even conservative ones at that) and i can't recall conservatives getting out and protesting about some leftist conference if they did, the only reason i know of losers like Jordie's is because of exposure here otherwise i wouldn't know or care who they are, and now you cant down vote YouTube videos they aren't even worth clicking on.

More power to you. However, you're a one man band.

Paul Murray, Fred Pawle, Janet Albrechtsen, Rita Panahi et al get their weekly content from leftist issues. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 9:30am

See this is what i mean i don't even recall ever hearing the names Fred Pawle, Janet Albrechtsen before I'm guessing you only know about them from some left leaning media, i don't like Paul Murray i find him annoying but i like Rita, but yeah you might have a point she can be over the top and a lot of the Sky news is too, I'm not sure if its so much opossing individuals though, more opposing ideologies.

BTW. I'm not interested in any conferences, and don't know if far leftist do them, maybe not as they have universities for all these twisted and weird post modern ideas, that i guess sadly filters down the education system and you end up with stuff like gender ideology or critical race theory in schools etc

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 10:00am
indo-dreaming wrote:

See this is what i mean i don't even recall ever hearing the names Fred Pawle, Janet Albrechtsen before I'm guessing you only know about them from some left leaning media.

Yes, like The Australian.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 10:11am

“…. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.“

What does right actually stand for that builds /strengthens society?

… but who they oppose: there’s always these false external enemies wrapped up in their politics of exclusion

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 10:11am

“…. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.“

What does right actually stand for that builds /strengthens society?

… but who they oppose: there’s always these false external enemies wrapped up in their politics of exclusion

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 11:37am

“…. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.“

They stand for hypocrisy, negativity, hate, division, and would sell their grandmother for $$$. Ok little hyperbolic, but hey.
Being the resident Jordies Zombie I'd better put this up as it relates directly to Janet and her hypocrisy...
Funny how people attack the personalities of the so called left, but can never make a reasonable response to what is actually said or written. ¯⁠\⁠_⁠(⁠ツ⁠)⁠_⁠/⁠¯

Enjoy
https://m.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 4:45pm
GuySmiley wrote:

“…. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.“

What does right actually stand for that builds /strengthens society?

… but who they oppose: there’s always these false external enemies wrapped up in their politics of exclusion

Um most modern society's and economies are built on conservative principles and ideals

1. Family and family values.

2. Free markets and private ownership

3. Hard work and self responsibly.

3. Individual freedoms

4. Rule of law

6. Pride in ones self, country, tradition and customs

Conservatism is about preserving the best of all these these things and only adjusting things slightly where needed when needed, opposed to thinking anything from the past needs to be broken down and everything constantly changed.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 5:08pm

I wouldn’t even know there was that cpac thing if it wasn’t for this forum. It is clear that crew there is determine to self destruct. ‘Purging lefties’, from the party‘, let’s get more conservative’ etc…What a bunch of nonsense. It’s only a matter of time until all these independents form a new party and forever destroy LNPs chances at ruling through the majority (well, certainly if they continue like this). This happened many times in the European politics, I can’t see why it wouldn’t happen here, especially with the current trends.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 5:20pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

“…. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.“

What does right actually stand for that builds /strengthens society?

… but who they oppose: there’s always these false external enemies wrapped up in their politics of exclusion

Um most modern society's and economies are built on conservative principles and ideals

1. Family and family values.

2. Free markets and private ownership

3. Hard work and self responsibly.

3. Individual freedoms

4. Rule of law

6. Pride in ones self, country, tradition and customs

Conservatism is about preserving the best of all these these things and only adjusting things slightly where needed when needed, opposed to thinking anything from the past needs to be broken down and everything constantly changed.

G’day @info, so do you honestly think the vast majority of people left/right wouldn’t believe in your 6 points? Furthermore, if current day conservatism was truly about preserving the best of the past why are so-called conservative politicians in the US, UK, AU and elsewhere trashing the legal and political pillars and conventions that form the glue of a civil society?

My two points highlight (1) we all hold (traditionally defined) conservative views +/- when it comes to family or finances etc and (2) when describing current day far right politics using the term conservative is wrong. The correct word describing current day far right politics is reactionary I.e. opposed to change/maintenance of the status quo.

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 5:20pm

@indo, nothing wrong with those high-level values but many are not following them. They are following their pockets and attracting attention through cheap populism. Look at family values; Trump is a perfect example. He certainly cared about his family so much that he got them all employed in his administration. That's not rewarding hard work, that is nepotism. So how can he say he aligns with conservative values?

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 5:31pm

Yeah ok....
Those terms could really be used by anyone.

1. Family and family values.

What are family values???
Very overused term, so by implication if you are not conservative, you have no worthwhile family values?
Locking up a family indefinitely, is that a conservative family value?
Barnaby Joyce was the good family man!

2. Free markets and private ownership.

Privatise profits, socialise loses.
$40 billion to profitable companies, yep freedom and free market.

3. Hard work and self responsibly.

Scomo displayed these characteristics. Actually all LNP government did. Laziest govt in Australia's history.
Don't think conservatives have monopoly on those traits.

3. Individual freedoms

So legalisation of recreational drugs are one of their main agendas? Excellent, prohibition has not worked.

4. Rule of law

Except when it doesn't suit them. Robodebt...

6. Pride in ones self, country, tradition and customs

Which customs, White Australia Policy?
Whose traditions? Indigenous Australians, English heritage, Irish, Indonesian??

Those points are all kind of meaningless.....
Also besides the point as the self appointed Conservatives are not displaying those characteristics.

old-dog's picture
old-dog's picture
old-dog Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 6:05pm

Typical Labor govt, desperate to bring back the families of ISIS fighters from Syria, we will probably spend about 20 million dollars on each child. Teams of highly paid do- gooder leftie social workers and therapists falling over themselves to provide free housing and 24/7 care. These people will never respect our values and way of life so why should we respect theirs. It's a dog-eat-dog world and we should look after our own first. Labors warped priorities on show again.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 6:18pm
GuySmiley wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

“…. They define themselves, not by why they stand for, but who they oppose.“

What does right actually stand for that builds /strengthens society?

… but who they oppose: there’s always these false external enemies wrapped up in their politics of exclusion

Um most modern society's and economies are built on conservative principles and ideals

1. Family and family values.

2. Free markets and private ownership

3. Hard work and self responsibly.

3. Individual freedoms

4. Rule of law

6. Pride in ones self, country, tradition and customs

Conservatism is about preserving the best of all these these things and only adjusting things slightly where needed when needed, opposed to thinking anything from the past needs to be broken down and everything constantly changed.

G’day @info, so do you honestly think the vast majority of people left/right wouldn’t believe in your 6 points? Furthermore, if current day conservatism was truly about preserving the best of the past why are so-called conservative politicians in the US, UK, AU and elsewhere trashing the legal and political pillars and conventions that form the glue of a civil society?

My two points highlight (1) we all hold (traditionally defined) conservative views +/- when it comes to family or finances etc and (2) when describing current day far right politics using the term conservative is wrong. The correct word describing current day far right politics is reactionary I.e. opposed to change/maintenance of the status quo.

I kind of agree with much of this, because yes our society is based on conservative values and ideals and the system we live under is a conservative system, hence why most people on left/right/centre agree with these points.

In regard to

"so-called conservative politicians in the US, UK, AU and elsewhere trashing the legal and political pillars and conventions that form the glue of a civil society?"

Why do you think this is limited to the right side of politics?

There is examples especially during Covid from all sides of politics world wide, even here in Victoria we saw things stretched or broken.

Yes many of the current go to topics the right are concerned about are reactionary, but only because they are reacting to some very radical ideas and negatives from the far left, what else are they suppose to do, stay silent and let things be trashed?

Many of these things most people dont really support anyway, even certain groups traditionally viewed as being more prone to being left leaning are starting to push back for instance some feminist or lesbians are also up in arms about many aspects of gender related ideology because it's starting to affect them in work places, sporting clubs prisons etc or just kind of devalues their ideology.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 6:32pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

or just kind of devalues their ideology.

Yeah some Lesbians who really seem like they want to be men yet hate men and have loads of lesbian pride seems to hate "understanding" and "acceptance" of them from the younger generation as they(the youth) seem to be doing these days.

Some people just want to hate or have something or someone to hate.
I dont have a problem with lesbians or gays though just question some of them and behaviors towards being understood.
I have a neighbor who hates Blacks, loves point and shoot army computer games in his late 60's as its like killing "n words" almost realistically.
Yet he seems absurd to me and my friends younger than him.Even to people his own age laugh at him how pathetic his existence is and hatred for made up reasons...but most his age really laugh he lives near a good fishing town and good surf town and loves fishing but never does it..Just brags about how good he is at it...Man with no friends just fellow other pissheads who tolerate him sometimes in one of the local bars here.

Anyway my point is my opinion and bigotry towards lesbians and gays as a youngster is now hated by the youth of today and seen as backward behavior i think.However Dont think i will ever like seeing two men kiss.

Times are changing.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 6:57pm

I dont know if ideology was the right word to use, but for example when you believe a man can just identify as a women and is suddenly a women, it's kind of a kick in the face for many feminist women it devalues them as feminist women.

And many lesbian women especially more masculine lesbians in today's world at a young age could have easily been steered down a route of transgenderism instead of them discovering latter in life generally when hit puberty they were just women with more masculine aspects attracted to other women.

That kind of deal.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 7:08pm

Ok i understand especially the last point. A psycho lady i hate who caused a lot of trouble in my life and many others has three teenage kids, two other adults but three teenagers. The eldest hit 12 and was convinced he was gay. he even sometimes played out gay behavoiur towards his younger brothers such as licking his younger brothers drawstrings on his cozzies.
Anyway point is he now hit puberty and is completely hetero and doesn't want to know a thing about his silly 12 year old existence and acts. Thinks it was just being a kid.

That sort of thing can ruin lives if taken too seriously or out of context and followed with.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 7:21pm

My point is some homo behaviour is becoming so tolerated and accepted lately some of the youth these days seem to want to identify as one when they haven't even found out yet.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 8:12pm

Ffs, seriously? Give it a rest guys.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 9:41pm

I dont know if i was sounding like a bit of a bigot, i actually had a few gay friends in Sydney and enjoyed their company but just recentlysaw some behaviors in pre-pubescent kids that seems wrong.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 10:10pm

“I don’t know if i was sounding like a bit of a bigot”

no you didn’t sound like a bit if a bigot, you sounded like a complete bigot.

I have gay friends…is a common excuse used.

burleigh's picture
burleigh's picture
burleigh Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 10:31pm
Roadkill wrote:

“I don’t know if i was sounding like a bit of a bigot”

no you didn’t sound like a bit if a bigot, you sounded like a complete bigot.

I have gay friends…is a common excuse used.

This might come as a shock. But I agree with roadkill

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Tuesday, 4 Oct 2022 at 11:04pm

Ok i apologize again to disgrace swellnet again with bad behavior and bigotry. If you saw what i saw you would understand. Kids confused due to peer pressure of complete exceptence and WOKEness amongst youth peers and school kids, peer pressure into saying its alright so much so that some think they might be trans/gay/lesbian whatever/russian in an aussie body..Its all ok if they are, just no if peers target them as a good subject to manipulate into some piece of work.For some game or agenda.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022 at 5:59am

Heres the lyrics to a band i got into at 18 years old. They were a fat wreck chords signed band so had to be quality punk rock.
However in the lyrics of one song he is basically admitting to trying to rape an 8 year old male friend when he was nearly ten!-here are the shortened lyrics to that song-

I'd like to actively encourage the toughest man
to dance as hard as he can to this, my song
And bring your stupidest friends along.

We wrote this song cause it's fucking boring
To keep spellin out the words that you keep ignoring
And your macho shit won't phase me now
It just makes us laugh
we got your cash, court jester take a bow.

Cause did you know that when I was 9
I tried to fuck a friend of mine
He was 8, then I turned 10.
14 years later it happened again, with another friend
This time it was me on the receiving end

All the fists in the world can't save you now
If you dance to this, you drink to me
And my sexuality
With your hands down my pants by transitive property

Back from groundy again- those lyrics in the mid 90's turned me off that one song, the only song i didnt like on the whole album and then as soon as they came to Aus/cronulla from Canada i went and saw them with a high population of skaters, snowboarders and surfers/bodyboarders lining up..Some talking about only just skimming through the album "less talk more rock" before the gig.
I was expecting some bad vibes once they spoke there gay tales in music, maybe a food fight or possibly something more full on from the Nulla punks who were core to the bone but they were open minded and didnt abuse the band with its obviously gay two singers at the time.One went on his separate way later on and left the more alpha more punk guy to run the band but with the mellower gay guy leaving the band some pretty awesome melodics were soon missing from their albums.In any case "Less talk more rock" by "Propaghandi" is one of the best non 80's punk albums of the 90's with heavy political stance on greed corruption and sincere lyrics about how Politicians act like winning an election makes corrupt politicians act like they won the fucking lottery..
That album helped me accept gay people a lot but still couldn't listen to the song of the lyrics i posted without some hate filled thoughts entering my head when he mentions trying to take advantage of a 2 year younger male kid.

He(the last singer for prop) later in an interview about 2 years ago i watched admitted he regretted many things he did were wrong back in the 90's and early days but mainly speaking out of his turn not listening to smarter people than himself and speaking too smart and out of his depth.
No mention of regretting to try to take advantage of an 8 year old kid though.(when he was nearly 10 himself)
Anyway heres a few of their best tracks.-With lyrics.... Special mention State Lottery and nation states
.

Ps the mellower singers songs are pretty softcore melodic punk and very gay tone in his voice.But he was a gifted song writer for melodies.

groundswell's picture
groundswell's picture
groundswell Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022 at 7:11am

Full album without lyrics.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 5 Oct 2022 at 7:49pm

Price was given the inaugural Freedom and Hope award, a prize given to someone who “truly represents the positive future that we aspire to”, CPAC Australia founder Andrew Cooper said. https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/10/03/jacinta-price-cpac-indigenous-voice...

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 7:36am

You mean the same ALP who will initiate and see through the largest mass immigration program in Australia’s history? A Mass immigration program that , by definition, will irreversibly destroy Australia’s environment forever.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/tanya-plibersek-should-seize-the-moment-...

Quote from the article:
“To be blunt, is Plibersek there to protect Australia’s environment or the Labor Party?”

Don’t be ridiculous. The ALP is in power for just two purposes :
1/ Facilitate corporate rape of Australia and Australians
2/ Line the pockets and further the post-political career ambitions of the ALP themselves.

Democracy in Australia is a sham.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 8:37am
Supafreak wrote:

Price was given the inaugural Freedom and Hope award, a prize given to someone who “truly represents the positive future that we aspire to”, CPAC Australia founder Andrew Cooper said. https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/10/03/jacinta-price-cpac-indigenous-voice...

Great news, she is such an amazing women, and such a positive role model, trying to deal and bring to light real indigenous issues(especially for women) and there root causes and looking for solutions.

It's great that she is now in the senate and getting a higher profile from the general public and mainstream media and even getting air time on places like ABC and awards like this.

I really hope she goes further in politics she is only 41, extremely driven, extremely smart and as tough as nails, i hope she gets the drive to go further in politics, i know its a long shot and unlikely and only a dream, but how amazing would it be to have her one day as PM, the first women voted in and first indigenous person, that would be amazing.

Italy just got there first women leader voted in another strong conservative women, so it is possible.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 9:10am

Positive role model for who?

Conservative white people who want someone to hide behind so they (hopefully) don't get labelled as racist?

AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace's picture
AlfredWallace Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 9:43am
AndyM wrote:

Positive role model for who?

Conservative white people who want someone to hide behind so they (hopefully) don't get labelled as racist?

AndyM. Hi. Cant argue with that mate.

Indo-Dreaming . Hi, hope you are well. Cant you read between the lines ?
For a person who handles a lot of information on this platform I’m surprised by your comment, alas, it is your opinion I suppose. A lot of ‘white’ light radiating out of those dark cracks.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 10:10am

What happened to all the far right’s confected rage during the election about transgender athletes dominating women’s sport? You’d thought CPAC would have been all over it but no not a word of indignation was uttered as they quickly moved onto the next external threat to their miserable conservative lives ….. blackfellas. Truly pathetic.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 10:11am

ALP just keeps on lying and rorting and selling out Australians to the international corporations. Democracy in Australia is a sham.

From the highly undervalued Macrobusiness site:

+
Stage 3 tax cuts another gas cartel disaster
By Houses and Holes

It doesn’t do to remember anything in the Australian political economy. It goes against every instinct of the iMSM and our Rum Corps leadership.

Memory equals accountability and we can’t have that.

Today’s debate about Stage 3 tax cuts is a case in point. The original package of cuts, priced at $158bn, only passed the parliament thanks to the signature of Rex Patrick in the senate. He signed on the basis that, in return, Australia would toughen its domestic reservation regime for the gas cartel.

Knowing full well what a “psycho” he was dealing with in Scott Morrison, Patrick extracted a written contract, via The Australian:

Centre Alliance has received a written guarantee outlining the Morrison government’s gas policy, which the key minor party demanded in exchange for its support for the $158 billion personal income tax cuts package.

The copy of the draft gas policy, which has been signed by the government, was given to Centre Alliance senators last night ahead of a crucial vote in the Senate today on the tax cuts.

Centre Alliance senator Rex Patrick told The Australian in June he wanted a “clear understanding” of the government’s intention on gas, and the details in writing, before supporting the tax cuts.

Senator Patrick told The Australian the document detailed the measures of the government’s gas plan and the timetable in which they would be rolled out “over the next few months”.

A part of the deal was a review of the Australian Domestic Gas Security Mechanism which concluded:

The review recognises that price is an important indicator in establishing whether the domestic market is functioning effectively and considers that the ACCC’s forward LNG netback price series is the most applicable prices when estimating the likelihood and extent of a potential shortfall. As such, the review recommends amending the ADGSM’s guidelines to include referencing the ACCC’s LNG netback price series in estimating a potential shortfall.

This amendment clarifies the relevance of the ACCC’s LNG netback price series to considerations under the ADGSM and strengthens the ADGSM’s ability to deliver on its objective of securing domestic gas supply.

This never happened. At the time, Labor was jumping up and down demanding that the gas price be regulated at $7Gj:

MORRISON GOVERNMENT GAS DEAL

July 05, 2019

Gas prices have skyrocketed under the Liberals – already leading three manufacturers to close down and threatening the viability of many more businesses according to the ACCC.

The Coalition has talked a big game but has refused to bring big gas companies to heel.

Under Senator Rex Patrick’s deal, the Government has committed that gas prices for Australian manufacturers and households will be cut to $7 a gigajoule or less.

It is now time for the Government to deliver clear detail about how this price will be achieved and when by; and what does Scott Morrison propose to do if manufacturers find themselves unable to source gas at the price promised by the Government.

Yet, bizarrely, Labor has just agreed to an LNG netback price benchmark for the ADGSM that will deliver not $7Gj gas but $70Gj. Who “has refused to bring big gas companies to heel”?

I ask you, should tax cuts for the rich go ahead when the opposite side of the parliamentary contract to pass them, cheap gas and power prices, have not?“

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 10:13am

@DSDS I think the botox discussion is way more important

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/anthony-albanese-shuts-down-bot...

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 10:15am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:

Price was given the inaugural Freedom and Hope award, a prize given to someone who “truly represents the positive future that we aspire to”, CPAC Australia founder Andrew Cooper said. https://www.crikey.com.au/2022/10/03/jacinta-price-cpac-indigenous-voice...

Great news, she is such an amazing women, and such a positive role model, trying to deal and bring to light real indigenous issues(especially for women) and there root causes and looking for solutions.

It's great that she is now in the senate and getting a higher profile from the general public and mainstream media and even getting air time on places like ABC and awards like this.

I really hope she goes further in politics she is only 41, extremely driven, extremely smart and as tough as nails, i hope she gets the drive to go further in politics, i know its a long shot and unlikely and only a dream, but how amazing would it be to have her one day as PM, the first women voted in and first indigenous person, that would be amazing.

Italy just got there first women leader voted in another strong conservative women, so it is possible.

Just a shame her own mob hasn’t taken a shine to her .

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 10:45am
flollo wrote:

@DSDS I think the botox discussion is way more important

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/anthony-albanese-shuts-down-bot...

That’s Albo’s job….distract, deflect and hide their corporate neoliberal agenda as they push it through as utmost priority.

Democracy in Australia is a sham.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 10:55am
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 11:02am
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:
flollo wrote:

@DSDS I think the botox discussion is way more important

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/anthony-albanese-shuts-down-bot...

That’s Albo’s job….distract, deflect and hide their corporate neoliberal agenda as they push it through as utmost priority.

Democracy in Australia is a sham.

Maybe so, but can you point out a country that had a better system? It's flawed for sure, but what alternative is there?
I would argue a more direct democracy could work better without preference voting, first over the line then must negotiate with other parties giving smaller voices more volume. Would this work, or would nothing get done? Dunno?
Ripping into Albo and what you think Labor are doing after less than 6 months is a bit premature. On another headline today, Labor starting to change stance on stage 3 tax cuts. My guess is they will not proceed in present form.
Dam, was trying to stay off this forum, bloody vortex. Ha

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 6 Oct 2022 at 11:54am
andy-mac wrote:
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:
flollo wrote:

@DSDS I think the botox discussion is way more important

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/anthony-albanese-shuts-down-bot...

That’s Albo’s job….distract, deflect and hide their corporate neoliberal agenda as they push it through as utmost priority.

Democracy in Australia is a sham.

Maybe so, but can you point out a country that had a better system? It's flawed for sure, but what alternative is there?
I would argue a more direct democracy could work better without preference voting, first over the line then must negotiate with other parties giving smaller voices more volume. Would this work, or would nothing get done? Dunno?
Ripping into Albo and what you think Labor are doing after less than 6 months is a bit premature. On another headline today, Labor starting to change stance on stage 3 tax cuts. My guess is they will not proceed in present form.
Dam, was trying to stay off this forum, bloody vortex. Ha

Yep. Australia fifty years ago had a far better system. The globalists had yet to fully corrupt the ALP / LNP duopoly into complete dysfunction and Australians were broadly represented politically, instead of being given a fake choice between neoliberal Coke and Pepsi at every election as we are today. Our votes are essentially meaningless now, at least as far as any genuine change in political narrative and direction. This was not the case previously.

Nothing premature about talking truth regarding ALP’s duplicitous ways. They are the enemy of the Australian people and they prove so at every opportunity. Did you not read the previous post about the ALP demanding Dom gas reservation tied to pricing when they were in opposition and now they are imposing the opposite. Not someone else imposing this nation destroying outcome, it’s the ALP. It’s the ALP irreversibly fucking up the environment and sending species extinct with their determination to bring in millions of immigrants. It’s the ALP importing an army of wage-busting cheap labour from the third world. No one else to blame.

The ALP are con artists.

The democracy in Australia is a sham.