2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Friday, 21 Oct 2022 at 9:13pm

I think she wore it as part of the photo shoot. Fishing shirt almost for sure. Given to her for photo. Local fishing club? All wearing cats piss badged shirts and name badge sticker or club badge on right side.
8564-E4-E9-00-F0-4-D61-8014-5-B1-F14063-AB2

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:47am

ALP banish Indue [L] Welfare Cards from Missions only to hand them out to Flooded City Slickers!
Why!
Coz the Cards don't work during Fire or Flood...this delays payments until after the Vic Election.
(We're honestly So Sorry!) How in Heaven's name could we dream that was gonna happen?
Just try swiping it one more time...Bugger! That's a real Bummer! "Hey! Same for Me! & Me & Me!"

Like taking forever to transfer post Covid Office networks over to dodgy Clouded Homework PCs.
It's not likely to open up an intergalactic Data Porthole with Ransomeware Sharks circling...well durr!
Might wanna check next week's Cloud Bank Formation.

Welfare Cards starve Aussies in Crisis.
Just a minor glitch as Govt watches the needy perish underfoot...wading thru skulls..CRUNCH!!
Wherever & Whenever the Power Goes down the needy starve to death.
Can't use Welfare / Crisis Cards during a Crisis...(Why! Coz yer in a Crisis Stupid!)
https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/centrelink-callous-message-to-bushfire...
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/more-than-1000-mobile-towers-and...
https://www.zdnet.com/home-and-office/networking/what-is-happening-with-...
https://www.itnews.com.au/news/nbn-co-telstra-optus-networks-impacted-by...

Nor can locked out folk phone Centrelink or Govt as NBN network is down..(Often for up to 2 Months).
NBN is added to Phone Booth network & Boxes are often more numerous & beneath flood levels.
In otherwords...Elderly were once high & Dry but now their dumb arse Modem cuts out after each rain Drop!
Family are cut out from assist unless pre priority nominated...Gran is isolated for Months...as in ours & many families!

Nope! Don't need to be first nation to suffer further injustice...
3/4 Card Trial Regions - Ceduna / GoldFields / Bundaberg were impacted by Fire...(Others...later by Flood!)
NYE 2019/20 Quote : [L] Card users were expected to die...
No mention of Mobile Centrelink Teams being brave enough to venture into [L] Red Hot Card Zones
Centrelink instead cooled down the Posh mobs of NSW South Coast & East Gippsland

How to fix that?

Telstra promptly made all Flooded smouldering Isolated Payphones Free + Free Telstra Air Pay Phones.
Relax...They work Fine! [0][0][0] Hello! Hello! Cough! Cough! Anybody!
https://exchange.telstra.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/MONK10203-Tel...

Vic Government are handing out leftover [L] Indue "Targeted Market Determination" Welfare Cards..
So! Never got rid of the Welfare Cards...Vic ALP just expanded the [L] Card > State Wide.
Flood Victims Pre Paid Cards
*Generally reserved for Hardship Floodies ( The Next Gen ALP Welfare Card People )
*Refer to our Product Disclosure Statement
*Provide Flood Victims Info & arrangements about Indue Card
*Each Transaction is Monitored by DFFH
*Card can be reloaded by DFFH
*Re Establishment assistance Payments can be uploaded onto Card. (Our Bitch Forever!) Wot you just Say!
So! Nuthin' suss there...it's nowhere near as creepy as that other [L] INDUE card.
I can still Buy Beer at Bunnings...Right? ... "Maybe you could start with training Hops from the Bunning's Nursery!"

https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/personal-hardship-assistance-program
Shall we click the Link?
https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/target-market-determination-prepaid-car...
https://services.dffh.vic.gov.au/sites/default/files/2021-10/Target%20Ma...

Pre Paid Cards are distributed by [L] Indue Ltd by Department of Families, Fairness & Housing.
Review Trigger : "Adverse Media Coverage or Regulatory Attention."
Be Afraid, be very afraid! Ever get the feeling you've been had?

Are Media adverse to [L] Indue Cashless Debit Card being fine for Vic Floodies but not for First Nation?
Who here thinks our dopey Oz MSM can investigate that finer point...just forget we mentioned it!
It's a lost cause people! Wake the Fuck Up Straya!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 6:53am
AndyM wrote:

Maybe Jacinta Price is ignorant enough for it to not penetrate between her ears.
I mean, she really doesn't represent Indigenous people, just ask them.

Such an ignorant comment, firstly she never claims too, secondly no leader of any ethnicity represents all the ethnic group they share an ethnicity with. you think Adam bant represents all white people?

Your the kind of person that wants to see more women and indigenous people in politics but only if their politics fall in line with yours.

End of the day she is an elected politician and got there because the people voted her in including many indigenous people.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:10am
seeds wrote:

Indo, I think you’re clutching at straws with that convoluted theory. Looks like a fishing shirt to me. There might be a slight chance you’re correct as it is that bad of a beer it could cure anyone of excess drinking. Either way it’s seems unbelievably silly to be wearing it in the context of this political tour. Has anyone seen a full pic or others for context?

seeds wrote:

I think she wore it as part of the photo shoot. Fishing shirt almost for sure. Given to her for photo. Local fishing club? All wearing cats piss badged shirts and name badge sticker or club badge on right side.
8564-E4-E9-00-F0-4-D61-8014-5-B1-F14063-AB2

Okay cheers good research the fishing club thing makes sense.

Im sure she noticed the logo and was ready for any pushback and would have been welcoming the publicly though and used it to her advantage.

Surprised only an irrelevant wanna be complete nobody hater on twitter was the only one to pick it up, but she does seem obsessed with Jacinta, i guess its an easy way to try to gain attention though.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:21am

Indo, except with Adam Bandt there aren’t thousands of people specifically making a point of saying that he doesn’t represent them.
Clearly there is something specifically concerning about Jacinta Price and what she is saying and doing.

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:32am

Really? Adam Bandt doesn’t represent me. As far as I can see he doesn’t even respect the notion of a sovereign nation called Australian. How’s that not unrepresentative? Doesn’t that count?

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:39am

Did you go out of your way to sign a petition against him?
Are there other extremely well respected greens advocates specifically saying that he is unrepresentative?

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:44am

@indo , I don’t think Beck Thompson hates JP , she’s simply another indigenous woman (nurse )who lives with JPs mob and is calling her out . There’s plenty of articles of indigenous Australians not supporting JP or her mother. You said many indigenous Australians voted for her , have you got any evidence of that ?

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 7:56am

Bit of a stretch to still paint it as some sort of political genius Indo. Just a politician and a photo op to garner some support. The site I found that pic at has another cringeworthy pic of Potato Head holding a baby.
Peter Dutton MP Facebook

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:09am

I daresay that Indo has a very low bar for the definition of genius.

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 11:38am

How low do ya wanna go...how about a harsh dose of PC Brigade brew.
Oh Please not tbb! Let's not go there..." Oops! Too late...already regurgitating...bits of carrot, tomato..."

Great Northern brew 0% Beer marketed towards Jacinta's Fishing fraternity?
[ NO ALCOHOL NO DRAMAS ]
https://theshout.com.au/great-northern-zero-launches-new-campaign/

Does that get Jacinta off the Hook...also gets Grom Anglerz into some sweet Grog Shirts....Bonza!

NT Pollie is promoting Grog free Fishing...well, that's obviously wot it looks like...Right!
How could any true blue punter think otherwise?
Please no one say they thought otherwise...Wot! C'mon now!

Before ya open yer dodgy can of worms people...best to sniff yer rancid bait packet first.
9th Sept 2020 Great Northern Pollies Promo Brew ...Piss Up photo may date earlier...Burp!
https://theshout.com.au/great-northern-releases-first-alcohol-free-beer/

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 12:28pm

Hahaha classic TBB

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 12:31pm

Haha shit man you haven’t eaten carrots in weeks!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:07pm
AndyM wrote:

Indo, except with Adam Bandt there aren’t thousands of people specifically making a point of saying that he doesn’t represent them.
Clearly there is something specifically concerning about Jacinta Price and what she is saying and doing.

Yep because we live in a democracy and common sense dictates we all know unless you vote for the Adam he doesn't represent us, and of course we dont have some weird racist stereotype of thinking all white people must think or vote a certain way as some sadly do towards indigenous people, that BTW is also seen elsewhere in the world the classic example being when Biden said "you aint black if you vote for Trump".

Yes there is something very concerning to many indigenous people about what she says because her basic message is about self ownership and self responsibility, she highlights the rates of violence and alcohol abuse and incarceration, and basically says it's not good enough and only you can make change.

Rarely anyone likes to hear hard truths and take self responsibility its challenging and the hard road to travel, it's so much easier to blame your problems on others and expect others to find solutions especially expecting the government to fix things (we see it all the time in other areas)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:13pm
Supafreak wrote:

@indo , I don’t think Beck Thompson hates JP , she’s simply another indigenous woman (nurse )who lives with JPs mob and is calling her out . There’s plenty of articles of indigenous Australians not supporting JP or her mother. You said many indigenous Australians voted for her , have you got any evidence of that ?

Many indigenous people openly support her many quietly support her, you really think the victims of domestic violence dont support her and wouldn't vote for her???

Only reason they wouldn't is out of fear from the men who often hold power over them.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:37pm

how many indigenous people does lidia thorpe represent?

not many re. the voice...

not as many as she'd like to think?

not as many as she'd like if she loses her position...

which is looking more and more likely... with some pretty scathing stories coming out, not to mention some pretty scathing words from the matriach of all things indig... marcia langton

how many indigenous people does jacinta price represent?

loads if you look at her facebook page

lidia's and jacinta's pages are both worth a look

an interesting look at the cross section of indigenous affairs... or, moreso, the extremes...

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:42pm

it is pretty funny watching the professional moral posturers of the greens get a looking into...

the high tower is crumbling, with the crew on the drum last night pointing out that bandt and co. might get a professional looking into...

through the green's long touted own little ICAC project...

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:53pm

Hope the greens get a good reaming if they deserve it.
I’m not aware of any widespread dissatisfaction with Lidia Thorpe. If Marcia Langton or the like have a crack at her, I’ll listen.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 1:53pm

“ ….. an interesting look at the cross section of indigenous affairs... or, moreso, the extremes...“

Yep, the extreme ratbag bookends of indigenous affairs neither truely representative of their mobs.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:00pm

@indo , this is a short 4 minute audio clip of a reporter questioning JP on the voice to parliament. What I don’t understand about her answers is that she wants to encourage indigenous Australians to stand on their own two feet and take control which is good, great idea but then when asked what might change her vote ? She responds with , if the government did something about domestic violence. Or am I not hearing this correctly ? And maybe Beck Thompson is also not happy with her for not actually visiting the remote areas between Darwin and Alice , could be she’s upset a few of them ?https://www.abc.net.au/darwin/programs/drive/jacinta-price-on-the-indige.... https://www.sbs.com.au/nitv/article/not-welcome-indigenous-groups-critic...

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:15pm
AndyM wrote:

I’m not aware of any widespread dissatisfaction with Lidia Thorpe. If Marcia Langton or the like have a crack at her, I’ll listen.

Marcia Langton has been having a regular dig Andy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-21/calls-investigation-lidia-thorpe-...

“But prominent Indigenous leader Marcia Langton said that did not go far enough, and has also called on Mr Bandt to dump Senator Thorpe as the party's Indigenous affairs spokeswoman.

"This is, I would have thought, extremely embarrassing for him as the leader of the Greens party, it must be embarrassing to all the members of the joint parliamentary committee on law enforcement," Professor Langton told the ABC's Afternoon Briefing program.

"I think the portfolio should be taken away from her because of her significant lack of judgement."

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:22pm

I just assumed this relationship between Lidia and Bikie boss was kept secret because of him being a Bikie boss and her being involved in some aspect of an investigation, i naively assumed she was single, but nah seems she was with some other guy (maybe still is?) and he only found out about the affair when the news story hit the press this week.

Quality lady.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11338415/Jilted-partner-firebra...

seeds's picture
seeds's picture
seeds Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:28pm

Haha convenient she isn’t with the CLP

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:38pm
blackers wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Marcia Langton has been having a regular dig Andy.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-10-21/calls-investigation-lidia-thorpe-...

“But prominent Indigenous leader Marcia Langton said that did not go far enough, and has also called on Mr Bandt to dump Senator Thorpe as the party's Indigenous affairs spokeswoman.

"This is, I would have thought, extremely embarrassing for him as the leader of the Greens party, it must be embarrassing to all the members of the joint parliamentary committee on law enforcement," Professor Langton told the ABC's Afternoon Briefing program.

"I think the portfolio should be taken away from her because of her significant lack of judgement."

I was more thinking along the lines of what Langton criticises Price for but fair enough. In my opinion Langton is someone you definitely want to take notice of.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 2:48pm

Plenty on that too, most of it behind paywalls…on both sides.

The Australian
https://www.theaustralian.com.au › ...
Marcia Langton accuses Jacinta Price of 'legitimising racism'
27 Aug 2018 — Marcia Langton has accused indigenous politician Jacinta Price of “legitimising racism” against

https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/opinion/topic/2018/08/25/the-folly-j...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 3:07pm

Major brand damage for Greens. She really should leave party or be kicked out.
Not that she was seeing him, but that she withheld information, did Brandt know? Plot thickens, better to get her out before more brand damage occurs.
But for LNP members to criticize is a bit rich as they have been caught out regularly, but no consequences for them.

Ooops I forgot I owned that investment property I charged tax payers to visit.....

nickca's picture
nickca's picture
nickca Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 3:21pm

Wonder what she thought about his t-shirts?

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:16pm

I actually think lidia thorpe and jacinta price both have very good points re. the voice

...if that is possible?

well it is possible... because I do...

marcia langton knows her shit, Im sure she aligns with both parties on certain issues, as I've pointed out before, she hasn't been shy or scared to share a stage with jacinta price before

and, as indo points out... as blackfellas often point out... the are defintely not a homogenous blob of harmonious agreement...

of course they are not, not least because oz was complex mash up of nations before whitefella came...

the didn't all forage in temperate rainforest, they don't all have the amazing skills to survive in a dry sandpit... geez, most of em wouldn't even have seen this stark diversity of environments before whitefella came...

one could argue the difference of experiences has only increased since whitefella came

a remote commuity cat hasn't almost nothing in common by way of experiences with an urban city dwelling melbournite

hence the scope of personal pressing priorities

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 5:44pm
andy-mac wrote:

Major brand damage for Greens. She really should leave party or be kicked out.
Not that she was seeing him, but that she withheld information, did Brandt know? Plot thickens, better to get her out before more brand damage occurs.
But for LNP members to criticize is a bit rich as they have been caught out regularly, but no consequences for them.

Ooops I forgot I owned that investment property I charged tax payers to visit.....

Or rent boys in the prayer room in parliament.

https://m.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 6:12pm

To sypkan’s post…

Both are elected but who do they truly represent? Both are questionable in that regard but only one spoke at CPAC and the IPA praising Murdoch and his global media empire and it wasn’t Thorpe. Enough said

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 6:46pm

Agreed Guy, both senators so neither directly elected. Along with Malcolm Roberts, the UAP bloke and many others, just examples of the random results of proportional voting. But you can’t expect Sypy to do anything other than his usual shtick.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Saturday, 22 Oct 2022 at 8:15pm

It's easy to make a comparison using Jacinta and Lidia based on the fact they are both indigenous from opposite ends of the spectrum but really they are nothing alike in persona.

A better comparison with Lidia from the right is Pauline, you can't deny the passion of both, but both say and do things without thinking properly and both are drama queens happy to cause chaos even creating stunts or theatre in parliament, this incident is the type of thing Pauline would do but if it was Pauline it would be hooking up with the leader of an EV club.

Pauline get's away with it because it's her own party otherwise any party would have kicked her out long ago, but I'm surprised the Greens have put up with Lidia's antics this long.

She should be kicked out and left to come back as an independent which would suit her better.

Im betting there is also people in her party that feel the same, id expect the tip off came from those within her party that dont agree with her views on a voice to parliament which is kind of an issue for the Greens, you have this token Indigenous leader (trying to make the whitest party around appear half diverse) but she doesn't agree with you on a major indigenous issue and even worst has a reckless unhinged nature that you always have to worry about in parliament or when talking to media.

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 1:52am

I think they both represent a decent swathe of people

lidia, the blackfellas who've been promised and promised a treaty of some kind by labor for 30, 40, years or more... only to be left waiting... the old school dude on stan grants qanda special seemed pretty indifferent to the voice idea and just wanted government to get on with what they were promised

lidia also represents the green white woke mob - if that counts - but she seems to lose them on the changing the date argument, where she says she's done with symbolism, a fair position to take... symbolism's been done to death...

jacinta is also done with symbolism, be hard not to be... but the whiteys like it...

jacinta obviously represents the women who are too afraid, or not engaged enough, to speak up about violence. which is high priority both in scale and necessity... even the blackfellas (women and kids) who harbour hate for her are being rrpresented in a way, because the issue is so disasterous, pressing and widespread... yet sparingly addresed... for whatever reasons...

we don't let that happen with white women and kids, yet with blackfellas we look the other way... that's gotta be some of the most twisted forms of racism ever...

been looking the other way a long time... has it improved anything?

jacinta's main point is the voice will just empower the crew that have influenced and led us to this point, so it's hard to see anything changing with the amount of urgency required... a more than fair observation and point to make...

lets see what labor comes up with... but I can imagine we'll end up with a panel of immoveable rocks on six figure salaries - immoveable in more ways than one!

I think it may appease a lot of tensions, but will much really change?

will it truly empower those at the bottom of the heap?

a rotating council of temporary positions might be much more effective, maybe regional referendums with no salaries? or perhaps regions could elect their own representatives?

anything to overcome the propensity to entrencment...

anyway, we'll see what labor comes up with... hopefully they present something that's a positive... but their handling of it so far ain't real encouraging...

we'll end up with big money, six figure salaries and symbolism... labor loves that shit

sypkan's picture
sypkan's picture
sypkan Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 1:57am

"...but I'm surprised the Greens have put up with Lidia's antics this long.

She should be kicked out..."

I know citing joe hildebrand won't win me any friends...

but he's dead right when he said the greens basically let her run loose because they are just way too pale wihout her

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 1:45pm

I would have thought that the same voter demographic of people in the NT and QLD (the perennially angry and disaffected by societal change) would mostly but not exclusively vote for Hanson and Price. Both spruik roughly the same conservative message of imagery threats to the status quo but Hanson unlike Price has failed to link into the CPAC/IPA rivers of cash and favourable publicity. Motivation? Look no further than self-interest.

Yes, Thorpe should go but I think the greens rules mean it’s a decision of the party not just the leader.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 2:20pm

Nice avatar Guy.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 23 Oct 2022 at 5:13pm

Cheers blackers, bananas are bountyful at the markets despite the heavy rain

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 25 Oct 2022 at 1:26pm

I sincerely wish him good luck, he’s going to need it .

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 26 Oct 2022 at 7:26pm
GuySmiley wrote:

I would have thought that the same voter demographic of people in the NT and QLD (the perennially angry and disaffected by societal change) would mostly but not exclusively vote for Hanson and Price. Both spruik roughly the same conservative message of imagery threats to the status quo but Hanson unlike Price has failed to link into the CPAC/IPA rivers of cash and favourable publicity. Motivation? Look no further than self-interest.

Yes, Thorpe should go but I think the greens rules mean it’s a decision of the party not just the leader.

BTW forgot to reply to this

Their voter demographic might be similar in NT & QLD that down to earth hard working old school Aussie demographic but Jacinta's main focus is on indigenous related issues and for societal change not against it in this case.

Yeah sure she is also a conservative supported by conservative media and conservative organisations, even speaks at conservative conferences, which all makes completes sense, it's not like she is going to get support from Crikey or the Guardian or Get-Up or be asked to speak at some left wing conference, although I'm sure she would talk there too if given the chance.

As for motivations, suggesting she is in it just for the money or self interest is as ridiculous as when people suggest Petter Garrett entered politics just for the money, both are passionate about their politics/social issues, many might be in politics purely for money or status but its not them, i dont even think Thorpe is in politics for the wrong reasons.

The big difference when your a conservative leader is conservatives understand that money is an important part of life and politics and it makes things happen, we aren't like some on the left that are against the capitalist system there's nothing at all wrong with her taking CPAC/IPA money to support her political cause or even if she receives money for herself, again it makes complete sense you need money and support in politics and good on her.

In regard to Pauline I dont know if she gets support from them or if not why not, I'm sure she would love the support and money too, but she is a different kettle of fish she has her own view on everything not just focus on one issue and wouldn't want to be told what to think or say, Jacinta is a little different she has one passion and thats indigenous issues or even more just indgenous issues around violence in remote communities, so politics being about compromise, negotiating and take and give, im sure for return of support on her issues from CPAC/IPA, she supports others in CPAC/IPA on their issues, which her views are going to be the same or similar to anyway, so its not a huge compromise to make.

Personally I think Jacinta has to be careful though on speaking about non indigenous issues she needs to aim at a centre right LNP type demographic and not go to far right and alienate people, her focus should be on educating the wider Australian community on indigenous issues not just the right.

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Wednesday, 26 Oct 2022 at 8:09pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
GuySmiley wrote:

BTW forgot to reply to this

Their voter demographic might be similar in NT & QLD that down to earth hard working old school Aussie demographic but Jacinta's main focus is on indigenous related issues and for societal change not against it in this case.

Yeah sure she is also a conservative supported by conservative media and conservative organisations, even speaks at conservative conferences, which all makes completes sense, it's not like she is going to get support from Crikey or the Guardian or Get-Up or be asked to speak at some left wing conference, although I'm sure she would talk there too if given the chance.

As for motivations, suggesting she is in it just for the money or self interest is as ridiculous as when people suggest Petter Garrett entered politics just for the money, both are passionate about their politics/social issues, many might be in politics purely for money or status but its not them, i dont even think Thorpe is in politics for the wrong reasons.

The big difference when your a conservative leader is conservatives understand that money is an important part of life and politics and it makes things happen, we aren't like some on the left that are against the capitalist system there's nothing at all wrong with her taking CPAC/IPA money to support her political cause or even if she receives money for herself, again it makes complete sense you need money and support in politics and good on her.

In regard to Pauline I dont know if she gets support from them or if not why not, I'm sure she would love the support and money too, but she is a different kettle of fish she has her own view on everything not just focus on one issue and wouldn't want to be told what to think or say, Jacinta is a little different she has one passion and thats indigenous issues or even more just indgenous issues around violence in remote communities, so politics being about compromise, negotiating and take and give, im sure for return of support on her issues from CPAC/IPA, she supports others in CPAC/IPA on their issues, which her views are going to be the same or similar to anyway, so its not a huge compromise to make.

Personally I think Jacinta has to be careful though on speaking about non indigenous issues she needs to aim at a centre right LNP type demographic and not go to far right and alienate people, her focus should be on educating the wider Australian community on indigenous issues not just the right.

Peter Garrett made way more money through the Oils than he ever did in politics. He would have been taking a pay cut.....

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 3:46pm

Boofhead sticking up for his team

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 4:06pm

Speaking of energy bills, read today during the election campaign Labor promised 97 different times they would cut power bills by $275 a year.

Now there going up by 50%.

Couldn't half see that coming, i reckon sadly a lot of people believed the labor lies though.

DudeSweetDudeSweet Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 5:07pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Speaking of energy bills, read today during the election campaign Labor promised 97 different times they would cut power bills by $275 a year.

Now there going up by 50%.

Couldn't half see that coming, i reckon sadly a lot of people believed the labor lies though.

Life won’t be easy under Albanese

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 5:31pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Speaking of energy bills, read today during the election campaign Labor promised 97 different times they would cut power bills by $275 a year………..
@indo please correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the promise of $275 a year supposed to be happening by 2025 ? What do you think about Angus ? Sly dog or what he did was ok and totally transparent ?
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 6:17pm

Okay so let's say your power bill is $2,500.00 a year the narrative was by voting for Labor you would reduce your bill by $275.00, so people were thinking great our energy bill will be only $2,225.00 a year prices are somehow going down, when in reality they were always going to go up and all politicians knew this.

But now your saying it's by 2025?

Even then voters are still worse off.

So a $2,500.00 bill is going up by 56% so $2,500.00 +$ 1,400,00(56%) = $3,900,00

Best case scenario if they somehow reduce bills by $275.00 by 2025 means you are still paying $3,899.00 and still $1,399.00 worse off.

And thats best case scenario, the reality is once your bill goes up it's very unlikely to come back down, even in the very long term when renewables one day take over and production cost are lower, companies are very unlikely to lower prices they will just pocket more profit.

It was always a complete con job just to get votes, doesnt matter what party said it, it was never going to happen prices were always going to go up not down.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 6:27pm

Well actually indo it wasn’t me that said 2025 it was Labor but I like how you thought your bill was going down this year by $275 . When Chalmers made the mistake of saying it’s in the budget at least he had the decency to phone the reporter and clarify his mistake. The LNP just try to hide all their shitfuckery and complain it’s not fair when caught out . So what do you think about Angus and his cunning deceitful behavior? All good ? https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/albanese-s-election-promise-to-b...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 6:43pm

I didnt think my bill was going down i knew it was 100% BS, but a lot of people thought there bills were going down and it wasn't some behind the scenes shitfuckery it was a blatant lie just to get votes.

BTW. Your completely delusional if you dont think Labor aren't also cunning and deceptive, they are just as bad as LNP, i know you think their shit dont stink, but it stinks, it stinks worse than a 3 month dead whale rotting on the beach.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 7:01pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

I didnt think my bill was going down i knew it was 100% BS, but a lot of people thought there bills were going down and it wasn't some behind the scenes shitfuckery it was a blatant lie just to get votes.

BTW. Your completely delusional if you dont think Labor aren't also cunning and deceptive, they are just as bad as LNP, i know you think their shit dont stink, but it stinks, it stinks worse than a 3 month dead whale rotting on the beach.

So no problem with Angus then indo ? All good….carry on

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 7:54pm
Supafreak][quote=indo-dreaming wrote:

Speaking of energy bills, read today during the election campaign Labor promised 97 different times they would cut power bills by $275 a year………..
@indo please correct me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the promise of $275 a year supposed to be happening by 2025 ? What do you think about Angus ? Sly dog or what he did was ok and totally transparent ?

Also previous govt hid the report of increasing energy prices until after election. Even changed legislation I believe. They really left a mess to be cleaned up. How anyone can still support them is beyond my comprehension. Angus should just shut up until he's in front of an ICAC judge ...

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Thursday, 27 Oct 2022 at 8:19pm

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2022/oct/26/australian-voters...

Yep...

In terms of specifics, Reputex said if Labor was able to roll out its plan, average wholesale prices in the national electricity market would probably reduce by 18% from today’s levels (today being December 2021) and by 26% by 2030. The estimate of the saving for residential customers was $50 a megawatt hour by 2025 and $69 by 2030. Annual electricity bills for average households were therefore projected to be $275 lower by 2025 (and $378 by 2030).