Vale...and thanks! “When the moon is shining the cripple becomes hungry for a walk” ― Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart

Shatner'sBassoon's picture
Shatner'sBassoon started the topic in Friday, 1 Apr 2016 at 12:18pm

And it's goodnight from him...

udo Monday, 27 Jun 2022 at 12:17pm

G o
G G G
O
R.I.P. Tommy...thanks for that....

zenagain Monday, 27 Jun 2022 at 2:34pm

Aye, not the Dart.

She's a wee ripper.

Great marketing there, standing the test of time.

truebluebasher Thursday, 30 Jun 2022 at 10:40pm

Goldie sends thanx seeds...& join in the send off Vic / Goldie AOM Bikini Queen
What's not to like...All Surfers agree!

Hall of Fame Doco

**************************************************************************************************

*Special encore Goldie screening...exclusive locals only link to swellnet crew.
Surf crew thanks Goldie Historian Surf Chick > Karen Neilsen Models a Tribute to our Bikini Queen.
Yes! tbb rates Karen as a treasured historian of Goldie Culture! Loves to share...this is stunning!
Correct! 1972 World Champ Paul & Karen of Brothers Neilsen Surf Empire...
Very Personal Very Beautiful Very Glamorous Very Treasured Very Gold Coast...Enjoy the Show!

seeds Thursday, 30 Jun 2022 at 11:07pm

Cheers TBB bit of an icon I think!

truebluebasher Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 6:31pm

R.I.P James Cann
Rotten Ruthless Rupert of Rathskeller

[ ROLLERBALL ] HOU [6] . . . . 00 : 00

Free screening of Alternate Sport-Fi classic...(Super cool 70's scenes)

truebluebasher Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 6:57pm
truebluebasher wrote:

R.I.P James Caan
Rotten Ruthless Rupert of Rathskeller

[ ROLLERBALL ] HOU [6] . . . . 00 : 00

Free screening of Alternate Sport-Fi classic...(Super cool 70's scenes)

truebluebasher Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 7:21pm

Oz sends condolences to people of Japan.
Vale Former PM Shinzo Abe
Most welcomed leader to our shore! No leader of any Nation has involved more in Oz affairs.
Oz thanks Japan & we return respect paid to Australia...we do notice & Salute Japan's former Leader!
July 2014 PM Abe Canberra Addresses Oz Parliament (PM Abbott)
Jan 2017 PM Abe Sydney - Pacific Security (PM Turnbull)
Nov 2018 PM Abe Darwin Wreath Laying (PM Morrison)

thermalben's picture
thermalben's picture
thermalben Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 7:22pm

Terrible news from Japan.

zenagain Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 7:51pm

We're in shock here.

I found out this morning and his passing was confirmed not long ago.

RIP.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 7:58pm

Yeah so sad and from such a safe country.

Roadkill's picture
Roadkill's picture
Roadkill Friday, 8 Jul 2022 at 8:13pm

Very sad…Abe bought a lot of political stability to Japan for many years. He suffered from Ulcerative Colitis whilst PM..most people with active disease as such struggle with day to day activities and this guy..lead a country for many years. Amazing what he accomplished.

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Tuesday, 12 Jul 2022 at 2:07pm

Vale Barry Bennett, one of the original Brookvale six and a huge part of Australia's surfing and shaping history.

seeds Saturday, 30 Jul 2022 at 10:58pm

See ya Archie.
Didn’t know a lot of his music but you could recognise his voice whenever you heard it. Saw a doco on his life ages ago and it was touching and enlightening.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Saturday, 30 Jul 2022 at 11:01pm
seeds wrote:

See ya Archie.

Just heard. A sad day.

truebluebasher Sunday, 31 Jul 2022 at 9:14am

blackers > Archie tribute continues....

{R.I.P} Archie Roach (Deadly Saltwater Songlines) ~ Alien Invasion.

Alternative Downunder Sci-Fi Surf Song...enjoy!

andy-mac's picture
andy-mac's picture
andy-mac Sunday, 31 Jul 2022 at 8:22pm

RIP Archie.
Charcoal Lane is such a beautiful moving Album. Such a gentle soul who spread knowledge and kindness.

truebluebasher Monday, 1 Aug 2022 at 8:30am

Star Trek Lt Commander Uhura
{R.I.P} Nichelle Nichols

Tribute [17:40] Star Trek Audition [26:20] Uhura's biggest fan Dr Martin Luther King, Jr

udo Tuesday, 2 Aug 2022 at 10:08pm

RIP Greg Griffin
Master Shaper ~ 5 Fin Modern Fish ~

seeds Thursday, 4 Aug 2022 at 8:10pm

Johnny Famechon passed. I must admit I thought he was already gone. Slippery.

truebluebasher Sunday, 7 Aug 2022 at 9:45pm

{R.I.P} Judith Durham AO The Seekers
Victorian State Funeral for our National Treasure

Good write up + some real fine tunes
Features songs...(I'll never find another you) + (Georgy Girl)
Some day one day

Paul McD's picture
Paul McD's picture
Paul McD Monday, 8 Aug 2022 at 12:42am

+1 TBB. She was a real gem.

truebluebasher Tuesday, 9 Aug 2022 at 11:52pm

{R.I.P} Olivia & yet another State Funeral for another Oz Singer! All so Sad!
Take comfort in knowing this Angel can't ever be taken away as she lives in our hearts forever!
tbb as everyone here was & ever will be spellbound by our dearest Olivia.

Have you never been Mellow (Live)

I honestly Love You...(Live)

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 8:26pm

Loved that first song TBB.
Thanks.
Broke my hand in to ONJ

Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68's picture
Rabbits68 Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 9:02pm

Nice tributes TBB. Thanks for those.

truebluebasher Wednesday, 10 Aug 2022 at 10:49pm

views from the + Rabbits68 ...tbb will reward your honest replies in kind!
One of those rare songs that fly under the radar & sounds more relevant each listen.
Of course that's down to Olivia owning the fabulous lyric.
Whats not to like...tbb led with that song knowing it's a real gem...simply too good it is!

Wotz bizarre is the rogues gallery are naturally drawn to this honest lyric & raw song structure!
Almost like some secret scripture to life itself...World awaits a morbid dearth Goth Version.
Many orchestrations / Guitarists / Divas & all sorts cover this song but...

Renowned Oz Pub Rocker takes us for a creepy ride on the darker side!
tbb is rewarding - views from the... + Rabbits68 because you respect the tune as does this artist!
So this is the real deal...a real proper dedication in all honesty & it sounds superb.
Reckon it's his best work & doubt he'd disagree for good reason...this will surprise & please the crew!
2004 Oz style send off... James Reyne's really cool punk tribute to Olivia...can't get a better Salute!

Ok! Super cool! But we're not done yet...here's the back story to this ripper dedication...
tbb begs the crew to listen carefully to the Chorus for the female vocals in James Reyne "Hammerhead"
In fact the secret is outed in the Title...just enjoy!

Yes! That is Olivia singing on James Reyne's Debut LP...who would know?
Now that explains James best ever real honest dedication in return & reason why it sounds so excellent!
Amazing wot we miss...tbb never knew either...news to all of us! Happy to share Olivia's trade secrets.

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Thursday, 11 Aug 2022 at 5:32pm

Nice work tbb.

truebluebasher Saturday, 13 Aug 2022 at 12:45am

Like to think with blackers as our mentor...the crew can step it up to surprise ourselves!
Never hurt none to give a damn & go the extra yard...all the better for it!

Olivia Encore...Please Mr Please

views from the cockpit's picture
views from the cockpit's picture
views from the ... Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 10:32am

Triple happiness TBB :-)

Upset a few Cuntry Seppos did our girl!

nickca's picture
nickca's picture
nickca Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 8:07pm
views from the cockpit wrote:

Loved that first song TBB.
Thanks.
Broke my hand in to ONJ

I’ve looked at this post for a few days … and tried to give the benefit of doubt but it troubles me .. unless you can provide some clarity, I think it is probably creepy.. maybe even if true somethings are better left unsaid.. You are talking about someone’s loved one. Simply put it lacks respect.If someone said that to me at a party I’d be looking for some one else to talk to.

seeds Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 8:24pm

Who’d you break your hand in to Nickca? Inanimate object? Views sounds like most of us from all generations.

nickca's picture
nickca's picture
nickca Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:03pm

Not sure what the term means! I think I know .. but just to clarify would like me talking about one of your loved ones like that? I suggest not… your family members? Sometimes it might be best to leave things unsaid. I ‘ m human and not trying to take the high moral ground about things we have all done.. just not sure things need to be said in polite company.

seeds Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:14pm

Fair enough Nickca but everyone is someone’s family member. I was a bit partial to Delvine back in the day. Saw her plenty of times as an adult in Byron before I stopped going there and didn’t have anything but respect for her. Once we were in an arcade for some reason outside a hairdresser with our 3 year old. I says to the better half that’s Delvine in there. We say to our son look that’s a famous person in there. Of course he didn’t understand but he went and had a look in the window. Delvine bless her was waving and blowing kisses to him.

nickca's picture
nickca's picture
nickca Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:14pm

The standard you walk past is the standard you accept!

seeds Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:19pm

I think you’re over thinking it. Remember the age of your alleged offender. Dumb as dog shit hormone infused teenage boy.

nickca's picture
nickca's picture
nickca Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:23pm

It’s about respect…. We have all found people attractive, doesn’t mean they need to be exposed to our inner thoughts, I hope you managed to keep your thoughts from Delvene her husband John and her kids if they have any. What you shared with your wife and family is up to you.

seeds Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:32pm

I’ll refer you to my first comment about Delvine and I said I had nothing but respect for her. Why? Because I was not a dumb as dogshit hormone infused teenager anymore but now an adult father who appreciated her history and the laughs she and John and Hoges gave us.

nickca's picture
nickca's picture
nickca Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 9:49pm

Not sure I have referenced anyones intellect.. and I don’t doubt yours. Glad we are on the same page about the need for respect and civility.

seeds Sunday, 14 Aug 2022 at 10:02pm

I’m pretty sure Views was commenting on his youth where intellect took a back seat to hormones.