2022 Election

blindboy's picture
blindboy started the topic in Saturday, 13 Nov 2021 at 7:46am

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:17am

Just heard an interesting stat. 100% of Coalition advertising spending, for ads costing more than $200, has been on negative or attack ads. Labor approx 50% negative.

evosurfer's picture
evosurfer's picture
evosurfer Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:21am

China is just after Australia they dont care whos in power and when they want
it they will take it we certainly cant stop them without nuclear power but then
nobody will benefit. The world is changing and Australia is at the top of the
list of the most wanted.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:24am
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
AndyM wrote:

Look Indo, that’s just your opinion, nothing more.

They are questions not an opinion, so I'm assuming you just think its a coincidence?

@Supa yes we are always being watched and always watching, but making a physical presence is very different and not something that happens all the time.

450klms off the coast and heading north ,

Im not sure where you got that figure from but even if true, id expect that's still close for these type of events, its clearly way inside our waters near the coast and not just happening to pass by or something.

"The Defence Minister, who described the situation as unprecedented, said he was concerned not just at how far south the ship had travelled but also that it had "hugged" the coastline as it headed back north towards Darwin."

From ABC for perspective

"Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews has suggested the ship's journey may have been deliberately timed to coincide with the election campaign.

"I think you have always got to question what the timing is," Ms Andrews said.

"We all understand that China is very strategic and is very careful about what it does, when it does it, and how it does it."

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:32am
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
AndyM wrote:

They are questions not an opinion, so I'm assuming you just think its a coincidence?

@Supa yes we are always being watched and always watching, but making a physical presence is very different and not something that happens all the time.

Im not sure where you got that figure from but even if true, id expect that's still close for these type of events, its clearly way inside our waters near the coast and not just happening to pass by or something.

"The Defence Minister, who described the situation as unprecedented, said he was concerned not just at how far south the ship had travelled but also that it had "hugged" the coastline as it headed back north towards Darwin."

From ABC for perspective

"Home Affairs Minister Karen Andrews has suggested the ship's journey may have been deliberately timed to coincide with the election campaign.

"We all understand that China is very strategic and is very careful about what it does, when it does it, and how it does it."

From your map indo looks like it’s heading into Darwin port , probably for refueling yeah ?

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:32am

It was 250 nautical miles and no big deal I reckon, as we sail through their waters too pushing the freedom of navigation rule….as indo said they like to save face and show they are tough which it seems all political leaders like to do….waste of fuel though …lot of nonsense….will spook the population away from Albo if anything so will backfire on China.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 10:35am

“ its clearly way inside our waters near the coast”

Another bit of Info nonsense.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 1:49pm
AndyM wrote:

“ its clearly way inside our waters near the coast”

Another bit of Info nonsense.

I said

" it's clearly way inside our waters near the coast and not just happening to pass by or something."

Is this correct?, okay maybe my words had a little bit of an emotive tinge to them.

Technically it's not inside our territorial waters that only extend out 12 nautical miles, but it was well inside our Exclusive Economic Zone that extends to 200 nautical miles from the coastline.

It came in as close to 50 nautical miles just off Exmouth, where the Harold E Holt naval communications station is that is used by Australian, U.S. and allied submarines.

And it was clearly not just passing by, it didn't break any laws, but obviously it wasn't just on a sight seeing tour and surely you must admit the timing is rather coincidental.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 1:52pm
goofyfoot wrote:

I think its hilarious that Indo obviously frustrates the hell out of a lot of people on here but everyone still keeps engaging with him!

I can just picture AndyM, guy, and supa etc screaming "FUUUUUUCKKK, WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS BLOKE!" as they type their replies hahah and pulling their hair out as they read his next reply.

I think its the fact that Indo doesn't scream and shout and abuse people that people find frustrating about him, he always posts with the same monotonous tone and doesn't get flustered and there is ALWAYS a reply. He's always up for a debate. Day in day out.
If he was abusive or rude people wouldn't bother with him and wipe him straight away.

I don't agree with 99% of what he says but I love watching people get more and more frustrated with him as the discussion evolves. hahaha keep it up

I am never frustrated or angered by indo, though it may seem it. There's something to laugh it in each and every one of his posts. I know he's dyed in the wool and will never change his mind. He's too dense. That's why I never bother engaging in actual civil discourse with him. Even though I hate the idea that anyone that surfs has his world view, I know they're out there, and I'm chatting to them in the lineup. In fact, I've been waiting for the last couple of years to see him when I've been surfing P.I. Haven't been over that way for ages though. Indo doesn't know what I look like, but I do he. I'll strike up a chat, and I'm sure he'll seem like a normal bloke. I'll then weigh up whether I'll out myself to him. Might just say "G'day. I'm Viclocal".

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 1:54pm

50 mile is a fair old hike Indo.
And you say that’s the closest it came?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 2:34pm
AndyM wrote:

50 mile is a fair old hike Indo.
And you say that’s the closest it came?

I think you're just saying black because I'm saying white, obviously it's a significant event at a significant time and while 50 Nautical miles (under 100km) its a fair distance for many things its not a huge distance to have a "Chinese spy ship near a secretive naval facility" (ABC words not mine)

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 2:53pm
Hiccups wrote:

Indo doesn't know what I look like, but I do he. I'll strike up a chat, and I'm sure he'll seem like a normal bloke. I'll then weigh up whether I'll out myself to him. Might just say "G'day. I'm Viclocal".

Do you think facebook is a one way mirror or something where you can see my photos but i cant yours?

I just had a look, i can see heaps of pics of you including some that are only a few years old.(including one taken on the island)

Im hopeless with faces though, i doubt id click if i saw you in the water.

BTW you say " I know he's dyed in the wool and will never change his mind" sorry as ive said many times i use to have very similar beliefs and ideologies to you and others (even Wilson can confirm this), but I've re examined my beliefs and questioned them and had to do something thats not easy and say i was wrong and change, so it's not true, ive been where you have with your mindset, but i doubt you have been where im am, i have this luxury ive seeing and experiencing bother perspectives something that you do not.

In a similar way to an atheist that becomes a Christian or a Christian that becomes an atheist, has a more complete perspective than a life long atheist or a life long Christian

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 3:16pm

I don’t know what the panic is about, this happens all the time by both sides, and if the North West Cape facility can be compromised by a vessel 50 miles away then we need to have a good look at ourselves.
Of course it was no accident but Dutton’s playing you like a cheap Taiwanese fiddle.

Hiccups's picture
Hiccups's picture
Hiccups Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 3:24pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Hiccups wrote:

Indo doesn't know what I look like, but I do he. I'll strike up a chat, and I'm sure he'll seem like a normal bloke. I'll then weigh up whether I'll out myself to him. Might just say "G'day. I'm Viclocal".

Do you think facebook is a one way mirror or something where you can see my photos but i cant yours?

I just had a look, i can see heaps of pics of you including some that are only a few years old.(including one taken on the island)

Im hopeless with faces though, i doubt id click if i saw you in the water.

Fucken fb chamging privacy setting willy-nilly. Haha

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 4:13pm

Ive never mentioned this before but I was part of a group that stayed on the island a few years before Covid. While we didn’t know it at the time @info was also there. We all called him mickey-knee coz he’s such a shortarse and he is forever wearing a cap for extra height. Someone took this picture of him ....
4492-F506-8723-4-FFA-B5-A3-BAD46-EFA081-B

DudeSweetDudeSweet's picture
DudeSweetDudeSweet Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 4:21pm

How good were the expressions on the faces of international guests when they first laid eyes on Dicky Knee.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 4:32pm

It's crazy the things I've become of late, im now a short arse at 5,9 even though this is exactly the average height of men in Australia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Average_human_height_by_country

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 4:44pm

Did that just go straight over his head like I think it did? Thicker than two (very) short planks .... bahahaha

It was hard to read him @blowin, his expression always seemed somewhat wooden!

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 5:15pm

I didn’t watch the Scott Morrison Party official launch today but sounds like his speech was a bewdy and his new policy for buying a house is to allow home buyers to access their super for a deposit, won’t this drive prices up ?

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 6:11pm

Scotty the gaslighter says a $1 pay rise for the poorest workers will send us into a Weimar republic inflation spiral.
BUT...........
He also says that taking $50,000 out of your super and injecting it into the economy via the housing market wont increase inflation and is awesome.

If Morrison wins, Australia deserves Morrison

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 7:14pm

Dedicated to [L] crew...
8 current Leaders more disliked than Austrian President Scott Morrison...52% moderately hated.
Disliked Top 10 ...#1 Was another even more notoriously hated Liberal...so that's good news for Scottie!
66%Boris 60%Dutch,Austrian 57%Macron 56%Nord,Spain 55%Czech 53%German 52%Justin 51%Joe

Oz PM Disapproval : 20th May 2020 (26%) world hated him more every day to 26th Feb 2022 (55%)
Caretaker mode is boosting Scottie's chances...(3% of the World are warming to Daggy Dad's road trip!)
Hurrah! Hurrah! Hurrah!
https://morningconsult.com/global-leader-approval/

Note: Security Bullies > UK / Oz / Canada / US are all disliked on an ever rising scale.
World wouldn't miss them...don't let the door...

C'mon! Downhearted blues...tbb has now dusted off 22 suss [L] seats + A global warming 3% swing
https://www.swellnet.com/forums/wax/528560?page=81

Was any Global Pollie Least Hated ever in history > 18% Guru Modi - India

Wot about a Liberal Gang...like AUKUS to bully some more Likes or Hates...(Either is good or bad!)
Yeah! Ok! We could try that...anything to stop the Rut!

Like : AUKUS bullied 54% to say it's best for Oz Security & Economic Interests!
Like : AUKUS swears only 48% of Aussies feel frightened to Honeymoon in Paris!
Actually reads Endangered Trade Deals with Europe! (Yeah! Our Honeymoon in Paris is in Danger!)

Dislike : 55% feel AUKUS would "further" inflame (relations?) with China! (One of them Trick Polls!)
Dislike : 55% say AUKUS would make no difference or even make Oz less secure!
3x Disliked [L] Combo = (-3% Likes) Go figure!...Experts could've told ya that tbb...durr!

Best 10 Oz PM's > Scomo could win that easy, but he hasn't finished acting as our PM.
https://www.yourlifechoices.com.au/fun/entertainment/australias-best-pri...

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 7:25pm
Sheepdog wrote:

Scotty the gaslighter says a $1 pay rise for the poorest workers will send us into a Weimar republic inflation spiral.
BUT...........
He also says that taking $50,000 out of your super and injecting it into the economy via the housing market wont increase inflation and is awesome.

Many economist agree that raising the min wage to match inflation would highly likely see a wage push inflation effect on top of general inflation, as obviously business need to cover the increased overheads of not just increased wages but also increased super, these increased prices are generally in areas linked closely to everyday living cost.

People being able to access $50K for the deposit of a house is unlikely to create inflation though as inflation is more linked to everyday living cost not so much housing prices that are a one off purchase.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 7:26pm

You guys will love this one :D

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 7:37pm

@indo , there’s two problems with the article , when Albo wins he won’t be setting what the % of wage increase will be and he’s only encouraging this rise for the people currently on the minimum of $20.33 which is approximately 235,000 . Is this really that hard to understand ? People can create all types of scenarios but it’s not reality.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 8:00pm

"Terry McCrann is a journalist of distinction, a multi-award winning commentator on business and the economy. For decades Terry has led coverage of finance news and the impact of economics on the nation"

Hmm let me see, who am i going to trust Terry with his 30 years of experience in finance and the economy or Super previously known as Mr Ivermectin :P

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 8:17pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

"Terry McCrann is a journalist of distinction, a multi-award winning commentator on business and the economy. For decades Terry has led coverage of finance news and the impact of economics on the nation"

Hmm let me see, who am i going to trust Terry with his 30 years of experience in finance and the economy or Super previously known as Mr Ivermectin :P

Yes he’s got some credentials indo , I’m not disputing that . The reality is Albo doesn’t get to say how much wages will increase by, you know this but are getting a hard on from this article which is a what if ? It’s actually pretty funny that a bloke with these credentials would write a ‘ what if ‘ article like it . I love it when you bring ivermectin into the discussion, it shows how desperate you really are and how desperate to grab hold of any story . Tell me what the facts are indo , does Albo set the percentage of wage increase and has he already set it for all wage earners ? You are getting more delusional as the election counts down, best you just except defeat and go surfing .

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 8:36pm

[L] Overdrive...tbb digs deeper to resurrect Hillsong Pastor III
May 2022 "Scott Morrison Wins"
(So where to next for Australia in the World)
https://www.lowyinstitute.org/the-interpreter/scott-morrison-wins-so-whe...

Daggy Dad's Victory Parade

&t=31s

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 8:37pm

Don’t be too upset when this happens indo , it was just another shit idea . 7544-DE61-03-CF-466-F-B810-25-FF9623-B97-E

tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter's picture
tubeshooter Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 9:00pm

1 week to go..

blackers's picture
blackers's picture
blackers Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 9:09pm

Hallelujah brother!

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 9:24pm

Terry McCrann writes for the Murdoch rags yeah? Case closed.

I focus's picture
I focus's picture
I focus Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 9:55pm
indo-dreaming wrote:

Liberal Party shrill, spend 5 seconds reading his stuff and it immediately becomes apparent.... for some.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 9:58pm

Murdoch seems like such a nice chap , you can tell by the company he keeps , who would want to work for such a germ . B2000-C5-F-DA88-41-A2-A1-A0-DE83491-E570-E

truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher's picture
truebluebasher Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 11:22pm

tbb has a special surprise for Team [L]...Saturday is a very special!
21st May ...Happy Birthday Mr Prime Minister Malcolm Fraser.
It's a sacred [L]Day so everyone should respect that by voting #1 [L]

[L] Party Booth DJ...Just Vote 4 Mal's Party!

Mal : "Let's get my Party Started!"
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/3b8288c15bea3c92879d389bf8ec50f1
My Shout Boys...
https://resources.stuff.co.nz/content/dam/images/1/3/x/3/s/a/image.relat...
Caretaker Mode
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/8f4499d78d568e4e87f507efd09a18d0
To the Rape Dungeon..."That's funny coz I thought I heard you say..." Brmmm Brmmm!
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/2a1c45dcf3aa1ec80fa5436843d96dc1
Looks like we gotta Hung Parliament.
https://content.api.news/v3/images/bin/24e053b6fb721005186b427eb69c484e
Who the hell spiked the Fruit Punch & why am I wearing a dress!
https://www.naa.gov.au/sites/default/files/styles/carousel_single_image_...
Yeah! Best Party ever..."Wot! Who won what?" Who cares!
https://live-production.wcms.abc-cdn.net.au/52021b524a777657b6bf39fe5e7d...

Rise of the sucky young [L]iberals
Young Liberal Scomo : "It's not my Job!"
http://edge.alluremedia.com.au/uploads/businessinsider/2015/03/Malcolm-F...

Did the 2 Libs or Future Past PMs ever meet or...maybe they tried to avoid each other!
https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/malcolm-fraser-savages-scott-mor...

Of course tbb will get serious & cue an excellent Tribute Song in honour of PM Mal.
Song is written & beautifully sung by Malcolm's Granddaughter...loving gift to all!

21st May 2022 Happy Oz [L] Election Birthday R.I.P Mal
[L] Party DJ : tbb requests ( Goldheist - The Camellia Tree) dedicated to [L]crew...Thank You!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 11:49pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Sheepdog wrote:

BUT...........

Many economist agree that raising the min wage to match inflation would highly likely see a wage push inflation effect on top of general inflation, as obviously business need to cover the increased overheads of not just increased wages but also increased super, these increased prices are generally in areas linked closely to everyday living cost.

People being able to access $50K for the deposit of a house is unlikely to create inflation though as inflation is more linked to everyday living cost not so much housing prices that are a one off purchase.

It will accelerate house price inflation. Real estate commisions will mean more money in the system. Houses sold off plans will mean more goods and services inflated. You obviously have no Idea, Ido.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 11:50pm
indo-dreaming wrote:
Supafreak wrote:
indo-dreaming wrote:
AndyM wrote:

From ABC for perspective

"We DO NOT TALK ABOUT ON WATER MATTERS"!!!!

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Sunday, 15 May 2022 at 11:50pm

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 16 May 2022 at 7:20am

. 9-F1-D7377-81-A3-4494-82-D3-F125-DFA78-CF9

DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 16 May 2022 at 10:50am

From the Excellent Macrobusiness Site:

If you want to understand just how biased the Australian MSM is these days then look no further than the last week of political coverage.

All of last week we heard uncritically of how inflationary would be a simple pay rise matching inflation for low income workers. That is, not even a real pay rise, just one that stopped award-wage workers from getting poorer. All week the MSM was a willing accomplice to Morrison’s Government gaslighting on the issue.

Yet, today, the MSM is cock-a-whoop at the prospect of a re-elected Morrison Government dropping an inflation nuclear bomb via giving first home buyers access to super for mortgage deposits:

This is despite the policy providing rocket fuel stimulus to an already overheated economy via two channels.

First, it will directly and instantly inflate house prices and unleash another wealth effect to drive consumption already overheated from pandemic support.

Second, it will drive another instant spike in housing construction and associated costs.

Housing is by far the largest component of the Australian CPI and inflation in the segment is already red hot. In prices, in rents, and, most assuredly, in construction materials and tradie wages:

In fact, if you take out the uncontrollable factors of oil (transport) and floods (food), housing inflation is just about all that there is to worry about in the CPI!

I can think of no better way than Morrison’s proposal to guarantee that this inflation goes wild and, in the process, embeds an inflation problem into the economy that does include broad-based wage claims.

This will therefore ensure that interest rate rises are equally hot. And, given the $50k deposit plus leverage will be instantly capitalised into prices, the RBA will unceremoniously crash the lot with equally steep interest rate hikes.

Why is an MSM so hostile to low-income wage rises on the basis that it will spike interest rates so keen on such house price inflation that will be far worse for the same reasons?

The answer for the Murdoch press is simple. It is the Coalition press release service and owner of realestate.com. Fairfax turned Nine is not much better given it is now run by Peter Costello and is the owner of Domain, its only growing asset.

It’s called the politico-housing complex. It has no care for the national interest nor your own.

Just like Scott Morrison.

happyppl's picture
happyppl's picture
happyppl Monday, 16 May 2022 at 11:17am
DudeSweetDudeSweet wrote:

From the Excellent Macrobusiness Site:

If you want to understand just how biased the Australian MSM is these days then look no further than the last week of political coverage.

All of last week we heard uncritically of how inflationary would be a simple pay rise matching inflation for low income workers. That is, not even a real pay rise, just one that stopped award-wage workers from getting poorer. All week the MSM was a willing accomplice to Morrison’s Government gaslighting on the issue.

Yet, today, the MSM is cock-a-whoop at the prospect of a re-elected Morrison Government dropping an inflation nuclear bomb via giving first home buyers access to super for mortgage deposits:

This is despite the policy providing rocket fuel stimulus to an already overheated economy via two channels.

First, it will directly and instantly inflate house prices and unleash another wealth effect to drive consumption already overheated from pandemic support.

Second, it will drive another instant spike in housing construction and associated costs.

Housing is by far the largest component of the Australian CPI and inflation in the segment is already red hot. In prices, in rents, and, most assuredly, in construction materials and tradie wages:

In fact, if you take out the uncontrollable factors of oil (transport) and floods (food), housing inflation is just about all that there is to worry about in the CPI!

I can think of no better way than Morrison’s proposal to guarantee that this inflation goes wild and, in the process, embeds an inflation problem into the economy that does include broad-based wage claims.

This will therefore ensure that interest rate rises are equally hot. And, given the $50k deposit plus leverage will be instantly capitalised into prices, the RBA will unceremoniously crash the lot with equally steep interest rate hikes.

Why is an MSM so hostile to low-income wage rises on the basis that it will spike interest rates so keen on such house price inflation that will be far worse for the same reasons?

The answer for the Murdoch press is simple. It is the Coalition press release service and owner of realestate.com. Fairfax turned Nine is not much better given it is now run by Peter Costello and is the owner of Domain, its only growing asset.

It’s called the politico-housing complex. It has no care for the national interest nor your own.

Just like Scott Morrison.

i read somewhere years ago that some pollies etc have over 200 investment proprties all negative geared.
all scomo is doing is looking out for his mates like barnaby did when minister for darling downs murray catchment.
agree with everything you say about boosting r.e. and inflation, not good at all.
WAKE UP! coalition are corrupt sociopaths

Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam's picture
Michael Adam Monday, 16 May 2022 at 11:25am

Majorslast.com

flollo's picture
flollo's picture
flollo Monday, 16 May 2022 at 11:29am

About housing - all discussed in great depth in the housing thread. There is no policy proposal from major parties that will address the house prices. All inflationary proposals.

On politicians owning properties, here's a paragraph from a link in the housing thread:

'Politicians themselves own a lot of housing. Analysis of the financial disclosures of federal politicians in 2017 found that the 226 federal politicians in the house and senate directly owned 525 residential properties between them—that’s 2.3 properties on average. If these were valued today at the $1 million per dwelling average, that’s over half a billion between them.

There are another 600 or so politicians in our state houses of parliament, again filled predominantly with homeowners and landlords. And Australia’s roughly 500 councils have over 4,500 elected councillors, who are also heavily represented by property interests.

Altogether, that’s roughly 5,600 politicians in Australia across all levels. If they owned the 2.3 properties on average that we know federal politicians do, worth $1 million each, that’s $13 billion in property assets. A 30% price decline would wipe off over $4 billion in asset value from their own balance sheets. '

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Monday, 16 May 2022 at 11:47am

So when scotty says he has no influence over the Fair Work Commission or the Administrative Appeals Tribunal is just more bullshit ......

https://www.theage.com.au/politics/federal/terrible-for-democracy-politi...

DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 16 May 2022 at 11:57am

“So when scotty says…..(anything)…..is just more bullshit ......”

Fixed it for you Guy.

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12:01pm

Morrison has one house he lives in and Albo owns four for five he rents out…not bad for an ex houso….good on him though as I don’t care…but I’m just sayin…..let’s keep in in perspective.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12:17pm
Optimist wrote:

Morrison has one house he lives in and Albo owns four for five he rents out…not bad for an ex houso….good on him though as I don’t care…but I’m just sayin…..let’s keep in in perspective.

For someone who doesn't care you spend a lot of time repeating it.

Could it be that, gulp, you do care..?

DudeSweetDudeSweet Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12:18pm

The old “ex-houso “ line.

Albo went to a private religious school.

AndyM's picture
AndyM's picture
AndyM Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12:37pm

Just a final thought on that map the ABC was using for the Chinese spyship story.

I'm assuming the shaded area represents Australia's EEZ.
But why use that when it's not illegal under maritime law for a vessel to pass through another country's EEZ if it's not exploiting the resources?
Surely a map or chart showing the limits of Australia's territorial sea would have been more appropriate.

Kind of points towards the ABC going for clicks or sensationalism at best, and at worst, who knows, maybe showing the journo's bias.

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Monday, 16 May 2022 at 12:39pm
Optimist wrote:

Scotty’s house has views of the abyss from the balcony though , is there a big market for that ?

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 16 May 2022 at 1:01pm
Optimist wrote:

Interesting there is a website where you can get this info, even Adam Bant has two houses another Greens member has something like 14

Will have to dig up the website latter.

Anyway dark days ahead, Australia's golden period is sadly coming to an end :(

Optimist's picture
Optimist's picture
Optimist Monday, 16 May 2022 at 1:17pm

Negative gearing on one house is fine but any more than that is just stealing from the rest of Australia and creating massive home shortages. Pure greed and it needs to stop….starts at the top though so will Albo start the ball rolling?