Australia - you're standing in it

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog started the topic in Friday, 18 Sep 2020 at 11:51am

The "I can't believe it's not politics" thread.

garyg1412's picture
garyg1412's picture
garyg1412 Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 1:44pm

Had a good chuckle when I read this article about Smokos spotify list.
https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/scott-morrison-s-hilarious-spot...
Oh the irony of him having The The on his list. I wonder if he's actually listened to the lyrics of "Armageddon Days Are Here (Again)".
His Hillsong partners in crime would excommunicate him if they new he was listening to this atheist shit.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 2:29pm

I think that's the one and only area Albo has him covered, musical taste, I saw a pic of Albo in a Celibate Rifles T shirt from his uni days, would be interesting to see what Albo is listening to now.

Quick google: Yeah he wins hands down IMHO has great taste in music
https://tonedeaf.thebrag.com/dj-albo-anthony-albanese-made-us-indie-rock...

Don't forget though Tony Abott is also a surfer, you can't read too much into these things.

brutus's picture
brutus's picture
brutus Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 2:23pm

WTF , DJ Tiesto .....wow Scomo a raver?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 5:59pm

Heard Albo called the Enthusiastic Eunuch the other day. Thought it was pretty damn funny.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Monday, 5 Jul 2021 at 6:23pm

shark attack at crescent?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 1:12pm

“They took ur jobs!!!!”

Well, yes. They did actually.

https://www.macrobusiness.com.au/2021/07/australias-jobs-market-tightest...

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 1:42pm

Earth fucking tumours

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Tuesday, 6 Jul 2021 at 2:16pm

DD5474-CE-8975-4435-89-FC-F3-A7-D0-BD1450

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Tuesday, 13 Jul 2021 at 3:08pm

How sweet it is to have the vast conspiracy of lies perpetuated by the Australian Game of Mates Corruption Inc finally start to unravel on their Big Australia mass immigration Ponzi scheme.

The recent mea culpa dawn regarding the insidious use of human imports to suppress Australian wages and working conditions is a fine thing to behold. It would be easy to stay angry at those useless idiots amongst the nation’s commentariat, who aided the corruption through their repetitive bleating of the gaslight narrative, but instead it’s time to just appreciate the blessed vindication.

It ain’t over yet though! The next Big Lie to crumble is the one about the economic benefits of excessive immigration.

Wait till the truth that the vast majority of immigrants are a net drain on the Australian economy becomes common knowledge amongst the public.

How will the renowned humanitarian Scott Morrison manoeuvre to reignite his Workchoices 2.0 human import Ponzi scheme then?

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 6:37am

Why isn’t Australia building this as a National project? It’ll be subsidised to the hilt by us anyway. The irony that Twiggy can afford to establish a foothold in exploiting the next era of Australian commonwealth natural resources off the back of exploiting Australia’s commonwealth natural resources in the existing era, whilst the Australian people remain mostly disenfranchised from the extracted wealth is remarkable.

https://reneweconomy.com.au/worlds-biggest-renewable-energy-hub-planned-...

At least China will profit even if Australians don’t.

Fliplid's picture
Fliplid's picture
Fliplid Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 6:54am

National projects in Australia are roads and carparks in Coaltion seats not renewable energy hubs.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:37am

"The world’s biggest renewable energy hub – comprising an astonishing 50 gigawatts of wind and solar capacity – has been proposed for the southern coast of Western Australia to create millions of tonnes of green hydrogen for use in Australia and for export."

Says it's also for Australia, obviously demand for green hydrogen is bigger overseas though.

Funny how people always look for negatives in these things, seems like it's a pretty big positive story, but will probably be ignored by the MSM especially left leaning media though because it doesn't go along with the narrative that Australia is doing nothing in regard to these industries or emissions.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:44am

indo-dreaming wrote:

Funny how people always look for negatives in these things, seems like it's a pretty big positive story, but will probably be ignored by the MSM especially left leaning media though because it doesn't go along with the narrative that Australia is doing nothing in regard to these industries or emissions.

ABC and The Guardian, the first responses on Google. 

Also, the "negative" take on the story is the acknowledgement that a similar project was knocked back by the Liberals just recently - "blindsided" is how the developers described it - meaning this project is far from a lay down misere.

Far from being pessimistic, I'd say anyone reporting that way is being realistic to our Federal govt's antiquated approach to energy.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:56am

I didn’t find negatives in the project - despite the fact that it will basically industrialise vast swathes of Australian outback - beyond it being privately owned and operated.

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 9:22am
stunet wrote:

indo-dreaming wrote:

ABC and The Guardian, the first responses on Google. 

Also, the "negative" take on the story is the acknowledgement that a similar project was knocked back by the Liberals just recently - "blindsided" is how the developers described it - meaning this project is far from a lay down misere.

Far from being pessimistic, I'd say anyone reporting that way is being realistic to our Federal govt's antiquated approach to energy.

Wow what a pleasant refreshing surprise, nice to be wrong sometimes.

But sorry we dont have an antiquated response to energy, we have a realistic one, there's a huge difference, you dont just shut down whole industries overnight because it makes you feel warm and fuzzy, you need a realistic transition which includes ensuring you get the most out of current energy infrastructure and only shut things like coal power stations when you can replace that energy ideally shut them down when they reach the end of their life cycle.

Per captia Australia leads the world in both roof top household solar and per captia even rates of renewable uptake is the highest or among the highest in the world, but they dont like you to know this just as they would prefer you thought Adani was just an evil coal mining company and not the biggest single provider of solar energy in the world..

But compared to most developed countries out starting point is behind the 8 ball because we are heavily reliant on coal, because we have lots of it and we had high opposition and scare mongering to Nuclear in the 70s and 80s despite Australia also having huge reservers of uranium, we also had large opposition to hydro schemes, most developed countries invested in these carbon free energy sources to some degree providing a stepping stone to renewables that we now lack, meaning we need to invest more in storage solutions things like batteries that could be completely outdated tech in another 10 years that we paid way to much for.

Blowin's picture
Blowin's picture
Blowin Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 12:34pm

One rule for me, another rule for thee.

http://chng.it/kZXWpcvd8B

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 1:45pm

Info, wrong forum topic but did you say sometime ago you’re musical ie you play some sort of instrument?

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 2:11pm

Hey Guy, I know you like your Labs.

If you recall my best mate shuffled off to doggie heaven a couple of months ago and I've been grieving him ever since. Well last week I picked up a 3 year old chocolate Lab , male, that had been seized from an illegal breeding facility. He was a mental wreck, won't go into too much detail but I want you to know every day he is just blossoming and starting to find his inner puppy. Somewhere deep down inside there's a good dog. We're really starting to connect. I think I've found my new canine besty.

Should go in the something interesting thread but I wanted you to read this.

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 2:25pm

Well done Zen,hope your new mate heals well mentally....gotta love dogs gawd love em...where would we be without them.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 2:25pm

I may be interloping here, but awesome news Zen.

What's his name?

Got a photo(s)?

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:03pm

Our chocolate lab Mungo died about 4 weeks ago . Big hole in fam here . Such good dogs , smart ,and love the water. Well done with the recue- I'm sure it will pay off in spades for you both!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:32pm

https://www.goo-net-exchange.com/usedcars/MITSUBISHI/DELICA_D:5/70007076...

His name is 'Chairo' (ch-eye-low) which means 'brown' in Japanese.

When we got him he was cowering and had to be carried to the car. His paws had never felt grass, he'd never been washed or taken for a walk and never had any human affection among other things.

He's getting de-sexed and micro-chipped next week and next month he's going on his first glamping trip.

He can walk down stairs now, is getting there on a leash and is getting on well with our other dog and the cats.

Cheers guys.

ps- scuse the mess.

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:36pm

Dunno how that happened.

Here's the pooch.

stunet's picture
stunet's picture
stunet Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:43pm

Look at the big fella!

First time in his life he's been cared for. Reckon he'll pay back the affection ten-fold.

And condolences H20. Gotta say, Mungo is a fitting name for a fella keen on Aussie bush poetry.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:47pm

He's a beauty Zen.......He looks pretty happy in that shot.....Very lucky boy to land with your family.
Just lost my second dog not long ago, which totaled 30 years of faithful surf hound companionship with Jack and Max.....So can relate to your and H20 grief...

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 3:49pm

https://ibb.co/xgMSZ2D.....
Meanwhile our cat has hit the meth.....

Craig's picture
Craig's picture
Craig Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 4:04pm

Wow Zen, how's the love in his eyes! That's so good, stoked for ya!

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 4:10pm

Cheers Guys. Yeah, I reckon he's gonna be pretty happy here.

We're hitting the beach next day off.

Is that really your cat Megzee? Looks like a feline Keith Richards.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 4:17pm

The beach will bring out the best in him Zen.....Grab a 4 pack of tennis balls and a frisby for good measure......
Yeah, that's our boy, a few hours after loosing his "Family Jewels".......for some reason they shaved him.....Was at my desk and felt a death stare......turned around and took the piccy...

Island Bay's picture
Island Bay's picture
Island Bay Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 4:24pm

Big congratulations to you and the family, Zen. What a beauty!

Megzee, condolences on your doggy loss, and to your cat for the obvious. When our Vizsla got the chop he stared us down mercilessly, then destroyed the lampshade of shame in 10 minutes.

The Vizsla started going lame in April, out of nowhere. 11 years old. We were devastated, thinking he'd be gone in weeks. He's been on a low-dose course of steroids since, and he's started cantering again, not just scuttling along. We call him Wobbleton now, among 126 other names.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 4:33pm

Hello Zen, thanks for the post, I think I saw you write about you losing your old mate. Pretty raw for me also, we lost our beautiful old boy 3 weeks ago passing peacefully into sleep in my arms wagging his tail and licking the vet’s hand. It’s very hard thing.

Good on you getting a rescue, makes you wonder what sort of human (?) could mistreat an animal like that. If you haven’t already I’d get a full vet check up, he’s probably been feed shit food and some good advice on ideal weight and diet will be invaluable to help prevent skin allergies (labs are prone to them) and joint / arthritis problems in middle-old age.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 4:44pm

Geez boys....I'm tearing up here......Both my boys had the Green Dream injection, [ only due to old age and I needed to do my best for them as hard as it was ] although 14 years apart, and the final glassy brown eye'd , tail wagging final moments chokes me to this day...
GuyS, Hard is a mild word mate....
To this day, I will always stop and say G'day to any dog...

H2O's picture
H2O's picture
H2O Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 5:08pm

Thanks Stu and Megzee . Got a funny Mungo story . Was taking the old boy for a walk - he absolutely loved people and esp young girls (I've got 3 daughters) - was off lead and was smooching up to a couple of girls out for a walk, soliciting pats etc. Called him away and just before rounding a corner said out loud to him " Mungo you old slut". Turned the corner only to see mother and very young daughter up ahead accelerating away from me as fast as they could .

simba's picture
simba's picture
simba Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 5:12pm

Awesome stories above ...we also lost our beautiful rescue dog Millie of 9 years this year ,3rd dog ive owned and the 3rd time ive wept .Died from a blood disease called anaemia.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 5:24pm

https://ibb.co/fC4xCh0
Fear not....we will see them again fella's
New thread needed......Dog's in our Life

zenagain's picture
zenagain's picture
zenagain Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 5:25pm

Nice stories and cheers Guy. I feel your pain. I carried my old mate out of doggy ICU (multiple organ failure) and the vet came out and injected him. He died in my arms and I cried the whole way home. Still cry when I think of him.

Simba, our 12 year old Mini-Schnauzer is called Millie too. She was rescued under the same circumstances as our new lab- she was a breeder and had a fucked up life. I've posted about her before. She suffered unspeakable cruelty. She costs us a fortune in vet bills and is on 4 different types of pills but we're giving her the best end of life that she never had at the beginning.

We have four cats too- all strays.

How good are pets though.

etarip's picture
etarip's picture
etarip Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 5:38pm

Tear jerking stories of rescue, love and loss… Great photo of your hound Zen.

Thanks to those that rescue dogs from terrible situations. Our Kelpie came from a working farm. Wasn’t mistreated but there wasn’t enough work so she was tied up for a long time and only a few days off getting the bullet… she’s very happy now but still a little anxious at times.

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 7:02pm

You have a good heart zen ..

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 7:17pm

Sometimes you get a rescue animal and after a period of feeling good about how you did that you realize the animal came to save you.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 7:24pm

Well said Adam12......who rescues who?

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 7:34pm
zenagain wrote:

Nice stories and cheers Guy. I feel your pain. I carried my old mate out of doggy ICU (multiple organ failure) and the vet came out and injected him. He died in my arms and I cried the whole way home. Still cry when I think of him.

Simba, our 12 year old Mini-Schnauzer is called Millie too. She was rescued under the same circumstances as our new lab- she was a breeder and had a fucked up life. I've posted about her before. She suffered unspeakable cruelty. She costs us a fortune in vet bills and is on 4 different types of pills but we're giving her the best end of life that she never had at the beginning.

We have four cats too- all strays.

How good are pets though.

Zen, about 3 months ago we "adopted" a feral cat........4 weeks ago, here luggage arrived......I feel used...https://ibb.co/tZwcnhd

GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley's picture
GuySmiley Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 7:42pm
adam12 wrote:

Sometimes you get a rescue animal and after a period of feeling good about how you did that you realize the animal came to save you.

Good one

goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot's picture
goofyfoot Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:00pm
zenagain wrote:

Hey Guy, I know you like your Labs.

If you recall my best mate shuffled off to doggie heaven a couple of months ago and I've been grieving him ever since. Well last week I picked up a 3 year old chocolate Lab , male, that had been seized from an illegal breeding facility. He was a mental wreck, won't go into too much detail but I want you to know every day he is just blossoming and starting to find his inner puppy. Somewhere deep down inside there's a good dog. We're really starting to connect. I think I've found my new canine besty.

Should go in the something interesting thread but I wanted you to read this.

Well done Zen, you’re a legend.
How the fuck anyone can mistreat something so bad that loves us so much I will never understand. Makes me so angry and upset.
Hope you get many happy years with him. He’d be stoked to start life again

ringmaster's picture
ringmaster's picture
ringmaster Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:02pm

Nice stories. We've got no kids but have had 2 awesome dogs. Our (2nd) little mutt Sunny is charging around at 8yrs old but you know they have (relatively) limited time so you make the most of it and give them the life they deserve.

I much prefer the company of animals over the vast majority of humans.

megzee's picture
megzee's picture
megzee Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 8:25pm

https://ibb.co/jzp1QZ2
Ringmaster, and they prefer us too......

Supafreak's picture
Supafreak's picture
Supafreak Wednesday, 14 Jul 2021 at 10:14pm

753-C09-B3-FE72-4579-9746-64296-BC48-F78

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 5:57pm

BRAVO NSW!! BRAVO Gladys & Scotty!! Not locking down early AND this "lockdown lite" you're stupidly doing has just infected the rest of Australia! REALLY good work, you ideological right wing nut jobs!

indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming's picture
indo-dreaming Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 9:11pm
Sheepdog wrote:

BRAVO NSW!! BRAVO Gladys & Scotty!! Not locking down early AND this "lockdown lite" you're stupidly doing has just infected the rest of Australia! REALLY good work, you ideological right wing nut jobs!

Dont get too excited Sheepdog there is still a long way to go before NSW and Gladys catches up to the Dictator Dan and his incompetent state government.

Here is where we are at.

Cases
Vic=20,737
NSW= 6,618

Deaths
Vic= 820
NSW=56

Still got a long way to break Vic's world record of 112 lockdown straight and total lockdown tally too.

I wonder what the stats are on spread from Vic or NSW to other states?

Maybe NSW might be ahead in that areas? but id say it would be close, Vic also sent it to NSW and i think even QLD a few times last year.

Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog's picture
Sheepdog Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 10:17pm

So it's a competition indo? Then why didn't NSW learn from Vicco mistakes? And why are you counting nursing home numbers, they're a Fed responsibilty, where Federal lib aged care minister allowed cleaners to travel to 3 even 4 different aged care homes in ONE DAY, NOT WEARING masks, spreading it to residents. And why are u comparing wuhan covid to delta covid?

adam12's picture
adam12's picture
adam12 Thursday, 15 Jul 2021 at 11:45pm

Worth noting that in the midst of a pandemic, with the two biggest cities locked down and a dangerous variant racing across the country, our PM went on Kyle and Jackie O this morning and, unprompted, sought to dispel the rumor that he shit his pants at Engadine MacDonalds twenty years ago.
Statesman.